Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #1  

Default False eyelashes?

Anyone ever use false eyelashes? I have some holiday parties coming up and I'm going to Vegas the week before Christmas, and I thought it would be fun to do fake eyelashes to some of these events, but I have no idea how to choose them. I'd like something fairly inexpensive, since I'd like to practice before these events come up.

Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:05 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I've never used them...but I just decided to reply because I'm going to Vegas the week before Christmas too.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

yikes.. Well I would not choose the full length fake eye-lash ones. There are kits that have separate pieces like 2 or 3 eyelashes in one set and those are usually more natural looking and easier from what I understand and less painful to remove.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:43 AM   #4  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Funny you asked this now... I was just watching "What not to wear" and the make up lady used false eye lashes on the girl. It went with her new look. The make up lady's exact words were...

"I like drug store eye lashes, they dont cost a fortune. My tip is to cut them in half, there easier to work with that way, and you have more control over where they will go. Start at the corner of your eyes and ease them over."

Hope this helps
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #5  

Thanks! I figure I'll go to the drugstore and see what I can find. I saw fake eyelashes in Sephora, but they were $14 for a set!

Cassie-I'm so excited about going, I can't stand it!! We're staying at the MGM Grand and I've never stayed there before (usually cheaper places, like Excalibur--but the last time we went we stayed at the Mirage and that was really nice).

Anyway, thanks for the info about the lashes, ladies. I will play around with them.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

I do know mascara first then the lashes, get a curler too so they can blend together and the 1/2 ones that go on the outer edge are the most nauatal as wall as the shorter ones. The long ones look a little drag queen
i don't think the brand matters that much, but you do need to trim them to fit you.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #7  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I am also going to Vegas, but at the beginning of December.
I did get some false eyelashes for halloween, but didnt get to use them. Darn it!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #8  
A Moment on the Lips...

S/C/G: 172/101/97

Height: 5'0"

Fake eyelashes are amazing!!! As a colorguard member of 6 years I had TONS of experience with them. Sephora/M-A-C eyelashes are best for Proms/Weddings but for just an evening out, the drugstore ones should suffice. Try getting the black glue so that you won't get that crusty white mess from the regular glue.

Also, I prefer to use the full lashes since my eyes are HUGE it would take a lifetime to apply the individual ones. However, if the opposite is true for you, individuals are easier to apply on a smaller eye.

Look for lashes that look natural, not razor cut at the ends but more like different lengths so that they blend into your natural lash line better.

Also when applying make absolutely sure you attach the false ones as close to your lash line as humanly possible. Even being above your natural lash line by a millimeter will look ridiculous so just get as close as possible.

As someone mentioned, be sure to add mascara and curl your natural lashes prior to applying the false ones.

Finally, after the glue has dried, I like to add a thin line of liquid eyeliner over the false lash line to help blend it in better and hide any excess glue.

Sorry if I confused you, but make-up is my forté.

Last edited by xFatKidx; 11-12-2007 at 06:24 PM.
xFatKidx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #9  

Thanks!

I'm going to buy some cheap strips and individual lashes and practice this weekend.

Once I get them on, how do I get them off?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #10  
Owned by Dixie

they just peel off when you are done.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #11  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

I thought it would be fun to get some for my daughter last prom season and I went the cheap route by getting the drugstore kind. took forever to choose got home and forgot the glue! Never did get to use them

Note to you ... don't forget the glue it doesn't always come in the packet.
lostchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #12  

I picked up my lashes today (I didn't forget the glue!!). I picked up a box of individual lashes and a box of strip ones. I saw a set with rhinestones on it!! But I didn't buy those(yet). How fun would those be in Vegas??

I won't have time to play until this weekend. I did, however, forget to buy some black eyeliner, but I'll grab that before the weekend.

I'll let you know how it goes!