LA Weight Loss - Has anyone here tried the No S diet?

tapper47
11-09-2007, 03:36 PM
There are just three rules and one exception:

No Snacks
No Sweets
No Seconds
Except (sometimes) on days that start with 'S'

That's it.

That's posted from the front page of the website.
People are losing weight on this plan. It reminds me of Naturally Thin.

Suzanne 3FC
11-09-2007, 03:47 PM
I haven't tried it, but snacks are supposed to be good for weight loss. Eating 3 meals and 2 snacks (or more) helps keep your metabolism up, and prevents overeating at mealtime. The trick is to eat something every 3 hours or so. Avoiding snacks is old-school :p

Just choose your snacks wisely :lol:

tapper47
11-09-2007, 04:41 PM
This sounds good to me so I'm going to do No S and no snacks. I've done pretty much everything else and I hate thinking about food all the time.

CountingDown
11-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I agree with Suzanne. Snacks have helped me be successful in losing 40 lbs. I used to skip breakfast, skip lunch and inhale food once I got home from work. Now that I eat ever 2 1/2 - 3 hours, I am losing very steadily. OK, I eat much cleaner, healthier, and I kicked in the exercise too - but - seriously - snacking is a winning strategy for me.

tapper47
11-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Looks like you are doing great.

I have about 15 pounds to lose and have tried all the restrictive plans and trying to eat 4 to 6 times a day just seems to make me crazy.

Hope to have good losing news in the next few weeks. No S is a lot like Mastering Leptin as far as timing your food but there is no food you can't have.

No S works on the timing of food not the kind.

Should be an interesting journey.

QuilterInVA
11-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Eating 4 to 6 times a day keeps your metabolism running efficiently and you don't get so hungry you want to eat everything in sight. Eating snacks and sweets on Saturday and Sunday is a laugh - all the good from the week will be undone and you don't learn a thing about changing your eating habits for life so the weight stays off.