Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

View Poll Results: When is your best time to be with God?
In the morning 4 33.33%
In the afternoon 1 8.33%
In the evening 0 0%
Before bed 2 16.67%
All day 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2002, 01:12 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Christian Encourager's #131

WELCOME!!! If you're looking for a wonderful thread of Christian believers that share the Word of God and prayer with each other as they go forth as soldiers of the war against fat...........come join us and be a real LOSER FOR CHRIST!!
Old 01-19-2002, 01:15 PM   #2  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello my friends ~ I started a new thread because I get too confused when it goes to the 2nd page. I am pasting my post from there now but be sure to check and see if anyone else goes there. It's Saturday and I am doing laundry and going to clean bathrooms....YUK! But I want to do it all today (while hubby is playing golf this morning) so that my Sunday is completely free.

Sami ~ No, we don't have Meijer here. I've never heard of it. Is it like Walmart or a Sam's Club type? We have Sam's Club and Costco. I only go to Sam's for some reason. They have a wonderful frozen chicken and pasta that I buy that's great for counting my WW points. How is your nephew doing? Did you mention his age? (I don't remember). I pray that healing comes and fast.

Wilma ~ I usually have a hard time on my days off/days home too but lately, I haven't had as much of a hard time. I was off for a few Monday's recently and did very well by keeping busy. Saturdays and Sundays when Greg is playing golf in the early mornings, I tend to not eat anything in the mornings. I know that's not good but it helps me to keep my intake in check when he DOES get here and he wants to go out. Hey, did the snow come? Enough for snowmobiling?

Pravda ~ so glad to hear that your sister is doing well. Going to be with her husband should help tremendously. My prayers continue to be with her.

When I last left here (only to return), we had a Christian Encourager's Prayer List going. With our lives being as they are, prayer from friends is always a much desired and needed thing. I am going to start one today and if it takes off, then that's great. I know that there are times when we want to pray for one another ~ for our joys and concerns ~ but I need to have a list sometimes. Ha! If we have the prayer list, we can print it out each day or few days.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying on their eating plan. Have a wonderfully blessed Saturday.
Old 01-21-2002, 08:01 AM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Where is everyone???? Have a blessed Monday!!
Old 01-21-2002, 09:58 AM   #4  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi! It's a snowy, blowy morning here. The temp. has really dropped. It looks like ds's prayers are being answered. He already has plans to go snowmobiling on Saturday! At least I am in a warm building!!

I suffered from a stomach virus this weekend. I don't think it was anything I ate but I woke up during Friday night with really bad stomach pains. I'm still feeling queasy this am but much better. Hopefully some weight will have dropped because of it!!

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 01-21-2002, 06:24 PM   #5  

WOW! Where is everyone? I know its monday, so I guess that is exspected. It was a very long weekend for me. I was grouchy and fussy all weekend. I was whinnie too, my DH was not happy with me at all. I didnt even make an effort to get up and go to church on Sunday morning, shame on me!!!!!
I do not know what is wrong with me. I can not seem to shake the grouchies! I think I am pmsing, I never know what my body is doing anymore!

My sister is doing so much better. She is all excited about getting go be with her husband for 6 months in Singapore! I would be a little excited too! He is coming home on Saturday to help her pack and get the things in order and then they are goin back together.
I, of course get to keep their dog! Thats ok, I really don't mind, as long as she will get better.

I wish that I could just get to feeling better about myself. Today I feel all fat. I have eaten really good today. I just feel FAT.
I need to get in the habit of excercising daily, however, I cannot!!!!! So I am working on motivating myself to that.

Wilma12~sorry to hear that you were feeling so bad this weekend, I hope you are doing better today.

I guess this has been long enough!
Pravda
262/254/125
Jan 4th, 2002
Old 01-21-2002, 09:51 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
Well, it has been a few days since I have even had a chance to get to the computer, and the one time that I did I was unable to get to this site. Good to see that it is back, I do miss you!

I will be brief for tonite, as I have a bit of work to do and need to take care of that.

Zoe- thanks for starting the new thread. I too have a hard time when it goes to 2 pages, and find it much easier to keep up with at one page. Did you start the prayer list????? (if so, thanks!)

Wilma- sorry to hear that you are/were not feeling well. Did the scale budge from it? Ds must be happy~ you got some snow!
(so did we, I love it!)

Pravda- glad to hear the good news about your sister. Try not to be too hard on yourself. Focus on the Lord and His goodness. How about listening to some comfort hymns? ( I did that last week when I was in PMS mode).
Gotta go. I wish I could write more, but I have so much to do.
See you tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 01-22-2002, 12:28 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Where is everyone! I will just check in and say hello and wish each of you a great day!
Ginny
Old 01-22-2002, 01:06 PM   #8  

Hello!
Sorry I haven't posted but the kids were off for holiday mon and I have a hard time getting them off the computer! I have been under a lot of stress from work. And I just realized I mailed checks that weren't suppose to go out yet (I write them and mail as they come due) so now I will come up with money to cover them! Then to top it off my dog just had 6 puppies! STRESS! STRESS! STRESS!

Patricia-I know what you mean about the computer! My husband keeps looking at games to buy for the kids and I keep telling him NO because I will never get the computer then. They have a lot of game but there fovorite is Sims and on that you have to build this house ect.. and it takes a long time to get to the playing part.

Wilma-Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. The virus has been going on here also. Praying for a fast recovery.

Pravda-I am grouchy also! With 6 kids they are messy! And it drives me nuts! Everytime I tell one to do something they say why don't you ask someone elese to do it! I made all of them clean up and now my house looks great! What bugs me is it is the older ones who make the biggest messes!

Zoe-Meijer is like a SuperWalmart (with food). thank you for starting a new post and for the prayer list I have missed that. My nephew is 11 please keep him in your prayers.

May the peace of the Lord be with you always.
Sami
Old 01-22-2002, 01:30 PM   #9  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi! I'm feeling much better today. Thanks for your prayers. My foot is pretty well healed so I have no excuses to exercise. I want to find some simple things I can do in the house.

It's dreadfully cold here today. -30C and windy. Hopefully this cold snap won't last long. I'll be ready for spring!!

Last night DS and I watched a movie while I worked on my quilt. It's coming along very slowly but I do find it relaxing and it does keep me out of the food.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying OP! Have a wonderful day!!
Old 01-22-2002, 01:43 PM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Sami, so sorry to hear about your stress! (I had my kids home all weekend and understand totally). I will pray for you and that the Lord will bless you with his perfect peace.

Wilma- wonderful news that you are getting better both from the virus and your injury! Glad that you got some quilting done (what kind of quilt? ). Sounds like a nice relaxing evening.

Gotta go.
Just wanted to say hello ( I am at work).
Ginny
Old 01-23-2002, 09:24 AM   #11  

Blessing this morning!
I feel better today Worked out the money problem. And Kids are back in school(one is home sick) The puppies are so cute I hope I will be able to find them good homes. The mother is getting fix NO More PUPPIES!!!!! She was suppose to go after her last cycle and she got out(did everything in her power to get out)so now we have puppies!

Wilma-so glad you are doing well. My mom got her quilt done(lap quilt) She said Never again but I think by the time she was done she started enjoyed it.

Ginny-It makes me feel better just having someone who can understand!

Have a blessed day!
Sami
Old 01-23-2002, 10:30 AM   #12  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning! We are still in a deep freeze up here. It's supposed to warm up by the weekend. I'll look forward to it!!

Sami: Glad to hear you fixed your money problem. I know what that's like. What kind of puppies do you have? I love puppies but know that there's a lot of work to them. Our dog is 12 years old now and we love her.

Ginny: I'm working on a whole cloth quilt - that means it's not patchwork - just quilting a design into it. It's ivory on ivory and is a queen size quilt. I find it very relaxing.

Pravda: Are you over the grouchies? I know exactly what you're going through and it seems to be getting worse as I get older. I also hear you about the exercising. I can hardly wait for spring to get out and walk. I hate exercising in the house.

Zoe: How are you doing?

Well, I better get some work done. Talk to you later!
Old 01-23-2002, 10:51 AM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!

WIlma~ oh that quilting project sounds soooooo relaxing. I do not dare take on such a huge project at this time. I have to stick with those short term ones that go more quickly.

Sami- glad that things are going better for you. Hope that you have an easy time getting those puppies good homes. We just had our kitten spayed, I made the appointment the day after she snuck out on us!

Like Wilma, I had better go and get some more housework done!
Wishing each of you a great day!
Ginny
Old 01-23-2002, 08:14 PM   #14  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Evening Everyone

Today was weigh in day and I lost another 1.5 pounds. I didn't think I was losing anything, didn't feel like I did but I did so that was a good thing. So I am still headed in the right direction.

I started the Prayer List but it's empty. I know that there are needs among us that could use all of us praying for plus there are joys we can rejoice in so come on my friends, let's get in there so I have something to print out and put in my Bible.

Wilma ~ How much snow did you get? Glad you're feeling better. Hey, I bought all the things I would need to learn how to quilt and have done NOTHING! I don't know the first thing about it and wonder if there are classed I might look into. I really want to make one and I'll bet yours is looking beautiful.

Pravda ~ Praise the Lord for your sister feeling better and for her being able to go be with her husband. wow, she'll be there for 6 months, that's great. She needs him right now. How are YOU doing? Feeling better now? Just look up and He is there for you at every turn.

Sami ~ Meijer sounds just like our Super Walmart. It has food too.

Ginny ~ How are you doing girl?

Well, gotta run. I want to sit back and relax tonight. Have a wonderfully blessed Thursday and I'll talk to y'all tomorow.

In Christ,
Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220 (highest)/186/148
Old 01-24-2002, 03:29 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!
Zoe~ WTG on the weight loss! Don't be discouraged by the prayer list being slow. I do not think that this site is back up to full usage (at least it does not seem a busy to me as it was last year). Try again next week. I kept thinking about a prayer request to put there and got too busy! (maybe that should be my request to be better organised so I am not so overwhelmed! ).

I got to Bible study this am. For some reason I felt really disconnected from the group. (noone was mean or cruel, I think it was all me) This has happened before, and it leaves me with, once again with the feeling that maybe I should be looking for a different study group . I don't know, just something to pray about there.

Gotta go! Dh and I are taking the defensive driving course this evening (5 hours!). I am doing it just to get our insurance down, he got a speeding ticket 3 weeks ago and this should erase any points from that. So, I have a long nite ahead of me.
Have a great nite.
Ginny
Closed Thread