UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:53 AM   #1  

Default Lunch

Hi everyone,
My second posting on 3FC and felt like having abit of a natter. I am just on my lunchbreak and munching on Pineapple sticks and granny smith apple! I really struggle deciding what to eat at lunch cos I get really hungry. Unfortunately I don't like raw veg or salad so finding something healthy can be tough.
My body aches today too I went to my first body combat class at the gym in about 4 months and man it was tough! However I have booked in again for 2 classes tonight - Body Combat and Easy Step which will make 5 classes since Saturday.
I haven't had any chocolate for 3 days so if I haven't lost any weight I will be totally depressed!
Am starting to feel bit better emotionally though - last Saturday / Sunday I was feeling rock bottom.
its quite worrying how much my weight issue effects every aspect of my life!
theflock24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:15 AM   #2  

One of my faves is 1 wedge laughing cow cheese, 2 oz. lowfat turkey, lots of lettuce, tomato slice. It is SO good and practically air for calories if you use low cal bread like Weight Watchers. You can also do the same thing with a flat out wrap.

Zero point soups are always great if you have access to a microwave.
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 309/250/200 (for now)

Height: 5 foot 2

If I really need to fill up I make myself whole meal pasta salad with a bunch of steamed veg and some fat free salad dressing. Then I put in a container and bring it with me. The whole wheat/meal pasta is a real slow burner and keeps me full longer than fruit which is low calorie and fat but really is sugar that burns off faster.
SarahJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

I like some protein for my lunch, I like something like a poached egg on toast, but as your taking a packed lunch, maybe try a hard boiled egg, some tuna and salad?! That should tackle those hunger pangs! WTG on the exercise too, what a great start!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #5  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

im not a huge lunch eater, im normally so busy i dont have time to think about food (which i now like in my life) i do feel i need food though, so i get sugar lows, and i get tired or i can not concentrate anymore. like now, i need more food before i can continue my essay. lol.
dont get too down if u have not lost anything though. people loose at different speeds, i have to be good for 2 weeks!!!! before i even see a dramatic change in the scales. so just hold in there if u dont see anything, and think, well tommorow is another day to fight the weight again :-)
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:23 AM   #6  

I am obsessed with a sandwich I have been buying all week and last week - hummous, coriander and lemond drizzled basil sandwich. Obviously full of calories - about 400 odd but I notice there is a sandwich recipe in Slimming World that is very similar - except uses watercress so I may save pennies and pounds by doing it myself!!!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 309/250/200 (for now)

Height: 5 foot 2

I have been craving hummus something bad for weeks now but even the homemade stuff has more fat than I am really allowed...bah
SarahJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:43 AM   #8  

Well I guess it depends what diet you follow and I would have the sandwich at lunchtime and have just veggies for dinner.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote