Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 11-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Sugar Cookie Sleigh ride - herbal tea

I'm not much of a dessert tea drinker although I do have a fondness for chai. I was at the store today and Celestial Seasonings Tea was on sale so I was grabbing some various teas (I am a tea addict).

When I saw the Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride, I decided it was worth a try. I don't use sweeteners in my tea so my experience is just drinking it plain.

It tastes like... a sugar cookie. It is the weirdest thing. I'm not a big fan of sugar cookies but I do like sweets on occasion.

It is actually almost a bit too sweet but it is good for one of those times when I may be craving something sweet. Now if only they could come up with chocolate truffle tea...
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My FIL brought us back chocolate mint tea from London. They DO make chocolate teas! Seek them out, they are fabulous!

I also like the Bigelow Vanilla teas...vanilla caramel, french vanilla, etc. All are just-sweet-enough to take the edge off a sweet craving.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #3  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

This is a silly question, but do these teas have any extra calories since they are flavored? They sound good!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:21 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Your typical bagged tea, herbal or black/green/white, has negligible calories as brewed. The "sweet" components usually come from naturally sweet essences that don't have calories, like orange peel and vanilla bean...these things are sweetish in flavor, without the calories. I just verified the particular one Nelie wrote about, and a bag is calorie (and caffeine) free!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:11 AM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Nelie,
If you're looking for a chocolate tea & you are fond of Chai, you might want to try Celestial Seasonings Chocolate Caramel Chai Enchantment

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/p...chantment.html
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:54 AM   #6  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hi nellie,
I bought the sugar cookie tea about 3 weeks ago because I love sugar cookies! The tea is great and a heck of a lot less calories too. It truly does taste like sugar cookies, well soggy sugar cookies I guess. I like trying different teas from time to time and most are hit or miss. This one is a hit, they also have the gingerbread one in the same brand, so I am going to try that one next. I give it two thumbs up! Infact I am drinking it right now
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've tried chocolate tea in the past but it never really tasted all that good to me.

I also don't drink caffeine any more so my latest obsession is caffeine free teas I drink a lot of iced tea as well as hot tea. I love tea
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:58 AM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

The Celestial Seasonings gingerbread tea is EXCELLENT. I got it last year and plan on getting some more very soon I'll have to try that sugar cookie one, though!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I've tried the Gingerbread Spice, the Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride and the Candy Cane Lane holiday tea's from Celestial Seasonings and they are all very good. Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride is my favorite
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote