LA Weight Loss - November Alli Support, Fall Is In The Air!!!

StillTryin
11-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Hey there all, welcome to a nice COLD Fall day! I am back from my mini-vacation (not much of a vacation but whatever) I took 2 of my 3 kids to see my sister and nephews for Halloween. We had fun but it was a LONG drive.

I actually did pretty good we planned most of our meals on the road and I stuck with Subway and salads anywhere else. I checked my weight with one eye open and one closed because I was scared.lol And did real good. Gained 1 pounds but I am sure it is water and the fact that I am constipated :o. So I am sure that will be gone within the week. I didnt drink as much water as usual while driving since I didnt want to stop every 5 miles.lol But I did the cooking while we were at my sisters (my sister doesnt cook or clean, so I did both) So I know we ate fairly healthy...so I am happy and like I said last week Yesterday (MONDAY) was day 1 for me again and I am back with force!!!!!:carrot:

So how are all of you? I Missed checking in. Ohhhh and our house deal is moving right along, the appraisal came back and it was for more than we needed for the loan so we are just waiting on a couple more things and we are going to be able to close the loan by the end of the month (I HOPE)

got2gethealthy
11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Still trying...good for you you made great choices and glad to have you back in my " slow losers" club...i bet you lose that one pound this week and then some :carrot: shy welcome back..we have been here waiting for you ! :hug: beck..how did the job interview go ? i will have to start doing that soon too and it makes me a nervous wreck thinking about it !!

Tammy
11-07-2007, 03:20 AM
Still, that's great about the house!! Woo Hoo!!

I need to go back and read the posts from last week. This weekend away at the church really wore me out. I just can't get going! Only a couple hours of sleep a night while I was there. I did do ok on the eating though. SInce I had been on one of these last April, I knew what the meals would be so I paced myself. I did great staying out of the bowl of candy that was on our table in the conference room!!!

Slow losers club - I am definitely a member.

StillTryin
11-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Well I got bad news about the house, they cant use the appraisal since there are no recent comparison houses (typical around here). So I have to go to a different loan company that understands that in a small town houses do not "flip" or get sold every other year!!! So I should know more by noon today (I Hope) since we were SOOOO close to being done before. The loan company we were trying to use even told us that it was not our credit or anything else, they had to turn down the loan because of the appraisal not having recent comparisons....GRRRRRR

Well I am doing good, still constipated, I think I will have to take some miralax or something, it has been toooo long to have NOT gone to the bathroom. (sorry TMI, I know)

Glad to see people trickling to the new thread and it is great to be back!!

bobbigene
11-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Posted on the wrong thread, so I'll must move it over here!

Good evening everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying autumn!

I used to go to Curves and enjoyed it, but after a couple of years I got really bored with it and didn't renew my membership. I did better if I didn't meet up with my friends - after we were finished we would always end up at someone's house and drink wine! There went all the benefits of exercising! Also didn't exercise as hard when friends were there, too much chattering.

Doing pretty decently this week. I'm back to following a low fat diet and taking my alli. I qualified for a study testing a cholesterol lowering med that was also supposed to help with "metabolic syndrome" but the dr's office hasn't called me back yet. They said if I didn't get a call back by Friday, it was because the study had enough guinea pigs. Oh well! I'm sure they would have said I couldn't take alli while on the 6 week study.

Talk to everyone later!

ThinGirl in FatBody
11-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Hi Everyone, happy November :D

Glad to see everyone posting and hanging in there. I've had a sore tooth bothering me... so I went to the dentist to have it checked (because I am leaving soon - for 3 weeks!) he says I need root canal :o and recommends I get it done right away. I just can't deal with this right now, there is no wa I am having this done before I go, it will have to wait. :( I just hope it doesn't flare up badly when I'm somewhere where I can't do anything about it. Wish me luck.

I have some major TE's today... :dizzy: I've been a bad girl Monday and Tuesday, I was feeling sorry for myself with the tooth thing and indulged. I was a good girl today though and hope it lasts through the next week.

Have a nice night everyone, talk to you tomorrow.

JinxCat
11-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Hi. Hope this is the right spot. I started taking Alli on Sunday and am doing Weight Watchers as well. (Have been doing WW for about 4 1/2 months now and have lost 26 pounds to date.) The weight loss was too slow for me and I have hit a plateau so I decided that Alli was right for me. So far so good. No TE's but I have had a very low fat diet (as usual). I look forward to getting to know you all.

Tammy
11-08-2007, 05:34 AM
Still, I hope you get good news about the house! It can be so frustrating, that's for sure!

bobbigene, I was a Curves member too. I enjoyed it. I really didn't know anyone who went there, so I didn't get to chat too much. lol I went for about a year.

Thin, I've never had a root canal. I'll keep you in prayer that things go well for you while you are on your trip.

Jinxcat, good for you on the weight loss!! Awesome!! I would say 26 pounds in 4 1/2 months is a great loss! Slow and steady is best!!

I really need to get back on the wagon. The weekend at the church last weekend really threw me for a loop. also it's TOM, and I just can't seem to stay on any specific program. Wanting to snack which is what we did over the weekend. Someone needs to kick my butt and get me started again!!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
11-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Hi jinx! Welcome to the Alli-cats. My weight loss picked up once I started Alli, before that I was just doing regular dieting. It was like an extra boost for me, hope you get off your plateau and continue the journey. :)

mezmerize
11-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Bobbiegene Ė Humm I like wine I like going to curves and Iím rather thirsty afterwardÖ. Good thing my daughter has a couple babies she needs to get home to right afterward. Or else it would be very tempting. Fingers crossed you get to be in that study.

StillTrying Ė Keeping fingers crossed.

Tammy Ė WTG avoiding that candy bowl
ThinGirl Ė Is there any kind of meds or temporary treatment the dentist can do til you can get root canal? Wishing lots and lots of luck!

JinxCat Ė Welcome! I look forward to helping you with your weight loss journey.

As for me PT when great they sent me home with some band to work my arm. Curves once again went fast. I hope it continues. TOM is here and I weight in tomorrow. I was kind of looking forward to this weight in. Now Iím not so sure. TOM can really throw off the scale by as much as 5lbs! Iíll be positive itís only water itís only water.

Beck1Beck
11-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Morning All!!

It finally feels like November, here. Burrrrrrr It felt good to snuggle down into the covers this morning, but it sure makes it hard to get out of bed.

Walked, or actually "ran" the dog last night. Took her to a park next to the river and she got the scent of a ground hog. Trust me, I bet that was a sight to see--big old fat woman (I actually look a lot like my avatar) being drug behind this little black mutt, like something in the cartoons. If I did nothing else yesterday, I at least gave some folks a reason to laugh. hehehehehe

Still: I just KNOW you'll get the house straightened out. Don't let it get you down.

JinxCat: Hi there. Come on in and sit a spell.

Bobbiegene: Years ago, my friend and I joined WW together. It worked really well, 'til we realized that Baskin/Robbins was just around the corner from the WW meeting place.

Thin: I've got a temp crown on right now--should get the real deal in a couple of weeks. Of course, insurance isn't going to pick up any of it, but that's the way it goes. The important thing is to do what's right for yourself.

BTW, the interview went well on Tuesday. Haven't heard anything yet, but it's nice to know I can still present myself for inspection, without burping or farting or anything. hehehehe

Have a great day, all.

StillTryin
11-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Well I talked to the new finance guy and he is working on it, I got the last of the paperwork they needed to them a few minutes ago. He is going to work on it all week/weekend and I should know where we stand by Wednesday of next week (MORE WAITING) but we are this close and he seems fairly confident that we can get it worked out.

On the dieting front I am doing MUCH better (surprizingly) than I had been in the past couple months. I have lost my extra vacation weight and I know that if I ever have a bowel movement again I will have actually LOST weight. I hate being constipated!!! It runs in my family and dr's only want to tell me to take more FIBER....well GEEZ all that does is give me gas (Embarassing I know), so I usually can get it controlled with a little senna tea but for some reason (Vacation Im sure) that isnt helping! I just hope I do as good when I go to Vegas on December 1st!!!
My boss just laughs since I am taking 1 week off in Novemeber and then again in December, he said he wishes he could take a vacation every month!

got2gethealthy
11-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Beck....you make me laugh every post you do ! good luck with the job what did you go out for ? i have been off work for 6 mo with my foot so back to work for me soon. dont know where or what and i would rather stay home. Stilltryin.....keep up the good work and hope you feel better soon. JINX...welcome we are here for you :hug: thingirl...i have had root canals they are not bad, sitting in the chair is the worse part..i wish you would change your mind though. the caps can fall off and if you are on the cruise or in a differnt country it could ruin your trip.i know for myself if i have a tooth ache it hurts in my ear and no amount of pain meds help. you and your dentist know best i have been there i dont want you in pain !:hug: i have a question for all of you...i should know this but, i went to lunch with my dad to sizzler, i had the salad bar, soup light dressing and a few of those fried corn things (love them) i didnt take an alli as i knew i went over fat graams and didnt want te's taking my dad on errands..fear of te's in public places keeps me from taking alli..should i take alli anyway. what do you all do.Sue

StillTryin
11-08-2007, 01:49 PM
BECK, good luck with the job...what kind of job is it (sorry if you mentioned that in our last thread I must have missed it) Congrats on having a good interview. It makes a person feel good when you get cleaned and polished and feel positive about yourself. I love that!

I had an unexpected dental visit today. I called to see if we could get my hubby in, but they couldnt since he would be a new patient and that takes longer, but they did say they had 1 opening for my cleaning so I left like right when I hung up the phone, so here I sit with sparkly teeth again..wooohooo. Hubby has to wait until tuesday..lol

Beck1Beck
11-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Great Friday Morning, All!!

Thanks for the interest, folks. The position I interviewed for is being called Planning Analyst. New position, so the details are a little sketchy, (kind of "make it up as you go along" type thing.) but it will involve lots of reports and juggling several things at one time.
Hellooo--I've been a mom for 35 years--I think I've got THAT covered.

heheheheh

Anyway, should hear something next week. Like I say, either way, I win. Nothing like a pat on the back to keep you motivated.

StillTrying: Remember that old tv ad (maybe for Pearl Drops) where the girl licks her teeth and goes "ooooooo, the dentist just polished my teeth and they feel sooooooooo smooth"? Every time I go to the dentist, I drive my folks nuts doing that.

Got2GetHealthy: I take the Alli, regardless. For me, it seems to be a cumulative effect, so skipping one pill wouldn't help me. The few TEs I've had seem to have come 24 hours to 48 hours after I ate the wrong stuff.

Who's got plans for the weekend?
I'm going back upstairs and throw out more stuff. I've decided that I could never run for public office. Some investigative reporter would want to know why in the world I have saved old, holey blankets, note pads with only 2 or 3 sheets of paper in them and Christmas tree lights that haven't worked since the Nixon administration?

Keep on the sunny side!

StillTryin
11-09-2007, 09:26 AM
BECK, yes I rememeber that ad...tooo funny.

I have to work tomorrow until noon. I have worked every saturday for almost 6 weeks (except last saturday when I was gone). So I am looking forward to NEXT saturday so I can actually have a full weekend off!

mezmerize
11-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Beck - LOL your so funny. I would have to say your my morning abs workout!

Still - Have sunglasses in hand. :)

Got - I would take the Alli pill if I knew I wouldn't be going anywere just in case of TE but then again I'm terrified to have one.

As for me 4 lbs loss. I'm very happy! My goal is to be at 200 or less by Jan 1st. Got to run I have a doctors visit today.

got2gethealthy
11-09-2007, 11:31 AM
thanks for the advise ladies i will take it with every meal over 4 like the plan says. no plans for me this weekend. everyone works and car in shop. well i guess housework and laundry is my future. have a good weekend

StillTryin
11-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Well my teeth are not quite THAT white, but they are feeling good!!!

I think my constipation is finally passing...(Sorry TMI) I just hate it. So I think I may actually show a loss this week....woooohooooo

Shy Moment
11-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Glad everyone is doing well.

Still
Glad you are feeling better

Beck
I love when I get home after my teeth have been cleaned and polished. They feel so good.

got2gethealthy
11-09-2007, 10:13 PM
funny how the posts go on this board..sometimes we chat away and other times you dont hear from anyone..oh well. sort of fell off the wagon today but tomarrow is another start.. i get so board counting and figuring and eating healthy.. silly i know but i miss the junk food days sometimes. not that it is good but i miss the days i didnt have to count anything. i feel more obsessed with food, thinking about it every minute of the day. what to eat, what not to eat..i know i need some cheese with this whine but it has too much fat !!!

Tammy
11-10-2007, 04:45 AM
Mez, congrats on that great loss even when it was TOM! I would be thrilled!!

Beck, I keep picturing you running the dog! Too funny!! I am very proud of you getting through the interview without burping,etc. I'm sure they were impressed!! I can relate to the things that you keep. I always have things around and later I even wonder why on earth I have kept them.

Still, after talking to that finance guy, it had to make you feel more confident about the house. It will be such a relief for you when it is all done! My friend was saying a similar thing about Saturdays. This is the first Saturday in a couple of months that she didn't have to get up and be somewhere early. Her plans are to sleep in. I don't blame her. Glad to hear about the constipation!!!! Congrats on losing that vacation weight!!!

Sue, I have been out of the Alli habit for about a week, but when I was doing it faithfully, I would take it even if I had gone over. I need to get back on the wagon. and I love cheese, so I'll whine with you!!!

Plans for today: church bazaar this morning, then a trip to the mall where my nephew works for Dell computers. We are going to get a laptop to take with us when we head south the end of January. I'm not sure how we'll like being gone for 1 1/2 months from home. We aren't taking the dog, and I'm already worried about him. He'll be at a place where we leave him when we go on shorter trips. Our son is in college, and he'll be able to come home a couple of times, pick up the dog, spend the weekend here at the house, and then take him back when he heads back to school. Our son is planning to fly south for a long weekend while we are gone. It will be nice not to be here for the colder weather.

mezmerize
11-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Got2get Ė Looks you and I have the same future. Even when I do 3 loads of laundry during it doesnít seem to take much of a dent out of the weekendís laundry.

Still Ė Itís great that things are once again moving for you. Itís so uncomfortable. I donít know if you ever watched a T.V. Show called friends but Ross had just had his teeth cleaned and whitened and I happen to be watching it when I read your post. That show can really cracks me up.

Tammy Ė Thanks, Is this your 1st Dell? Iíve been thinking of getting my son a laptop for a graduation. Keep me posted on how you like it. Iíve never had a Dell. Itís nice that your son will be able to spend some time with the dog. I think summer went way to fast. I spent so much time outdoors with the grandkids. They hate to be bundled up outside. Iím not looking forward to the snow, but I guess ready or not here it comes.

I went to PT yesterday and boy is my arm still sore. I received my snack containers for Alli yesterday. I really like it! I am a bit worry since I have yet to receive my serving size containers. Iím hoping that they are shipped from a different location. Since these were the reward before the serving size containers. I am going to wait until Tuesday before I contact Alli.

ThinGirl in FatBody
11-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi girls! Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

I've been doing okay, but I had a cookie last night. Today I am having lunch with a friend of mine, hopefully I can stick to a healthy salad.

StillTryin
11-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Good moring....
Mez-Yes I LOVED Friends when it was on.....never missed it!

I do feel better now that things are "moving" along..lol I have had such a bad belly ache (mostly stress, but I am sure that a big part was constipation). I hope that is over now.

I am an HONEST woman again. I weighed this morning and my TICKER is exactly where I am...WOOOOHOOOO I am back to have only gained 10 lbs since I started working...I was at 164/165 when I started in March. So I am BACK ON TRACK!!!! I am soooo happy I just can not believe how good it feels. I know by Monday (my usual weigh in day) I will be showing a loss.

My hubby asked me this morning if I wanted to go out tonight, but that means drinking so I am going to take a pass. I will enjoy a Saturday night at home with the kids, that will be good enough for me...I am still a little tired from my trip so maybe by Monday I will be fully recovered!

Got2-You can get back in this game, I know you can. I was off track for so long, but finally did it too, I know it wont take you sooooo long to do it!!!!

Shy Moment
11-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Stilltryin
So glad you are feeling better. Nice to be on track and be honest with the ticker isn't it lol.

Thingirl
You said had a cookie like you should say had a gallon of ice cream lol. I cookie will not put 20lbs on you lol. Enjoy the cookie. Just take it easy at lunch and have a great time.

Tammy
You have a great time.

gottoget
I lost the thread forever that is why I hadn't been chatting lol.

I am doing pretty good. Weight is coming off steady about 1lb a week as usual. This last couple of weeks has been more. Can't wait until my regular weigh in Wednesday to see how much I have really lost over the last 3 weeks.

JinxCat
11-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Checking in. I don't really know why but ever since I started taking Alli, I feel a little bloated. Is this normal? Also, I used to be 'very' regular and now I go a day w/out 'going' to the bathroom. Anyone else having these issues? Sorry, if it is TMI.

Tomorrow morning is my W/I at WW. I will see how well the Alli is doing and if it will help me off this plateau. I have been diligent about tracking what I eat and eating healthy, so if I haven't lost, I will be bummed.

Oh well. That is me, today.

Have a great weekend, ladies.

StillTryin
11-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Jinx, good luck at your weigh in. I cant answer the bloated ?? since I never had that problem.

ThinGirl in FatBody
11-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I am an HONEST woman again. I weighed this morning and my TICKER is exactly where I am...WOOOOHOOOO

Hi StillTryin, congrats on getting yourself back on track. :hug: you are doing great.

Thingirl
You said had a cookie like you should say had a gallon of ice cream lol. I cookie will not put 20lbs on you lol. Enjoy the cookie. Just take it easy at lunch and have a great time.

Hi Shy, I wish I had taken you to lunch instead of my friend who is such a bad influence on me. :o:dizzy: We had Eggs Benedict and Mimosas (Champagne, OJ & Peach Schnapps) later we had cappucinnos and a donut... I was such a bad bad girl, but tomorrow I'm getting back on the wagon if it kills me. One week until my weigh in, just 9 days until I fly to Rome :o

Checking in. I don't really know why but ever since I started taking Alli, I feel a little bloated. Is this normal? .

Hi Jinx, give yourself some time to adjust, I don't remember feeling bloated when I first started - but it did seem to work as an appetite suppressant - even though it's not supposed to.

Shy Moment
11-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Thin
Shame shame shame, 100 lashes with a wet noodle lol. Any of those were fine for a once in awhile treat but darn all of them at once lol. Did you crawl to the car lol. Don't beat yourself up. Just get back on track and don't go to lunch with her anymore lol. Bet you are so excited about your vacation.

ThinGirl in FatBody
11-10-2007, 06:45 PM
LOL.. yeah I won't be seeing her again until December 15th! so I'm good for a month... of course I have 3 weeks of vacation food to tempt me. :o

I definitely was a bad girl today. :(

Tammy
11-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Mez, I have only received one reward, and that was a container with an ice ring to keep whatever the food is cold. I was supposed to get storage containers not that. Oh well. As for the Dell, we bought our son one when he went to college his freshman year. He hasn't had any problems with it, and this is his 2nd year. I talked to a friend of mine today. THey have 3 Dells in their household, and she said they would never get anything else.

Still, congrats on being back to your tracker weight! I'm a couple pounds off on mine, but I'm not going to move it. I know I'll be back there soon.

Jinx, I have never had any bloating since I started Alli. Good luck at WI!!

Thin, so are we all going with you to Rome????

I will be an official Dell owner when it arrives in a week or so. It was great seeing and talking to my nephew. I miss seeing him. He and my son are only a year apart, so they were pretty good buddies most of their lives.

Sure wish I was going to Rome! Or Disneyland Paris!! I'll be at Disney World the end of February, so I guess I'll have to settle for that.

bobbigene
11-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Rewards from alli? All I ever got was a couple of song downloads for free. But then I don't check in regularly on the alli site. I pretty much stick to the boards here since I don't find the alli site all that user friendly.

I cooked an 18 lb turkey yesterday. Got it for free from Kroger and since I don't cook on Thanksgiving and the woman who does cook already has a turkey, figured I'd just have lots of turkey in the freezer. The house smelled really good and the cats were reallllllllly interested in the kitchen when I was cutting it up. I had to sprinkle lots of chili pepper in the garbage can to keep them away from it (it's a covered can so they can't get in it, but I didn't want them hanging around). It'll also keep any dogs away when I put the garbage out by the curb on Monday. They don't bother the garbage when they get a snoot-full of chili pepper and it doesn't harm them.

Did you know you could mix chili powder in with your bird seed to keep the squirrels out? The birds can't taste it but the squirrels can. I prefer to just put corn out for the squirrels. Feed 'em what they want and they leave everything else alone.

Lots of challenges in the next 6 weeks or so with the holidays. I'm hoping that with alli and the support of this board I will at least maintain if I don't lose.

Gotta go. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

got2gethealthy
11-11-2007, 11:55 AM
hi everyone :hug: i decided to clean out my closet yesterday and i had clothes from size med to 3 x ! so i gave some to goodwill, threw out the stained tee shirts and now i am left with more laundry than what i started with. my new goal is to give all the clothes i outgrow ( maybe out shrink is a better term) and think forward and not go back to a bigger size. today is my birthday.. i am officially a junior senior..old enough to creak and groan when i walk, but too young to get senior discounts. 55. wonder when i am going to feel grown up :p maybe next year...doing good on alli. i have maintained for 3 weeks now so i am hoping for a drop at weigh in tomarrow.. jinx i get bloating too especially when i take all 3 alli pills. try to drink more water, that seems to help me..i dont mind the feeling, as i am not hungry. i took an alli pill the other day and the cap was empty. i hope that was just a fluke but i am testing the remainder of the bottle as i take them to make sure !! later alli cats...:hug: sue

JinxCat
11-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Well, I am 5 pounds down! I am so happy. I did work really hard so I expected some loss, I even prayed for a 5 pound loss. 5.2 pounds gone! Yes, I totally believe that Alli helped me with that!

Anyway, I rewarded myself with some chicken Mcnuggets from McDonald's. I was craving them FOREVER.

My Sunday will be filled with Football games. My little one (21 months) has asthma and this wicked cold she got this week is wrecking havoc on her breathing. So, it will be a quite at-home Sunday for us today.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Tammy
11-11-2007, 09:13 PM
bobbigene, I had that download too, and I don't have anything to download it to. So much for that. I just go to the Alli site when I do my weekly weigh-in. Good idea about the turkey!! Yummy! I can almost smell it. I didn't know that about the chili powder.

Sue, I should have told you to send some of your clothes my direction! I haven't had a loss in quite a while, so I'm with you about a loss this week. Not holding my breath though. It is going to be tough the next several weeks with the holidays, that's for sure.

Jinx, congrats on the loss!! LOL to the McNuggets. I hope your little one is feeling better!!

I'm about ready to head for bed. I've been so cold since I went to church this morning. It was raining, and I got chilled going in and out. I want to curl up under the blankets and snooze!

Shy Moment
11-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Jinx
WOW nice going. So sorry to hear about your little one. It is a rough time right now asthma is really hitting me hard at the moment. Allergy season.

gottoget
:bday2you: Hope you had a wonderful birthday. I have a ton of stuff I cant get into yet. Pants, same brand same pants from size 16 to 12. lol won't need pants for awhile. Got rid of everything to big and also that wasn't in good shape. As I lose weight I am hitting the goodwill. No good reason to spend money on new stuff that isn't going to fit me long. I love good will. Great place to give all the clothes that are to big.

bobbie
Chile powered is a great idea. You can also toss in a hot pepper.

Tammy
Dells aren't bad if you don't know how to build them yourself. Lucky for me I build my own. Sure a lot cheaper than having one made.

Tammy
11-12-2007, 05:13 AM
Shy, I let my nephew do the building of the Dell for me. He knows that I am not a tech wizard. I was able to get a great discount because of him, and I am also getting a $200 Dell gift card that I plan to use to buy a wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, and a carrying bag.

I've been going to a consignment shop near here. I take clothes in, and I also buy clothes and take out. Most of the time I don't pay for anything because enough of my own clothes have sold so I have $ built up in my account to use. All of the clothes in the shop are for women size 16 and up. I haven't worn less than a size 16 in lots of years, so I imagine I'll be shopping there for a long time. I have taken my size 24's in and sold them, and I am slowly going through the 22's and taking them in. At one time I wore a 26 pair of jeans. I bought a size 20 yesterday, so I am thrilled!

Chiropractor this morning, meeting women I taught with after they get out of school this afternoon (I miss seeing them, but I love retirement.), and then water aerobics tonight.

I haven't been journaling my foods for the past couple of weeks. Today is the start of journaling! There. It's in writing, so now I have to do it.

StillTryin
11-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Well everyone I am a LIAR again! I will fix my ticker in about an hour or so....

I had a crappy weekend. We are fighting an uphill battle (it seems) to get this house. The comparisons that we have are too old so the finance company doesnt want to accept the appraisal. So we are trying a different company. They are more local and he is really trying...but this whole mess has gotten me just stressed to no end.

Got2, HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!!!

mezmerize
11-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Tammy Ė I check in every week at Alli. Even when I wasnít taking it for medical reason. I like the meal plans they then to keep me on track and I like to tweat them. Does the container with the ice ring have 4 conpartments? One with a lid. If so that is the snack container. Iíve have that and the food measurement container. The one I was missing I got Saturday. I tried to get the music but it didnít work. I have received the offer for the text messaging but Iím not interested in that. Thanks for the info on the Dell. We are going to buy a computer since heíll be going away for college and I want something that if things go wrong he can take it somewhere or call for tech support.

Bobbigene Ė I have never heard about the putting chilli pepper on bird seed. Great Tip!

Got2Gethealthy Ė Happy Birthday!!!

Jinx Ė WHOOT!!! Congrats on the 5 lbs loss!!

Has anyone tried those special k protein drinks? You mix them with water. I told my husband to pick some up after work . I donít like to drink my calories but I think since this has protein and fiber it may help me fill full when itís one of those days I canít seem to get enough. Most ly when TOM hits.

JinxCat
11-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Good morning everyone. Icky rainy. overcast day here. I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Happy Birthday, Got2!

On the Dell subject...All my computers are Dell. My laptop and my desktop. My printer is from Dell, as well. I bought digital cameras from there and the new Zune Mp3 player. I like them a lot. So, I have always had a good experience with them.

I ate like a fiend yesterday so I am chilling out and am back to eating healthy.

Has anyone found that they don't have any TE's when they eat badly? Just wondering.

Hope everyone has a great day.

got2gethealthy
11-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Stilltrying...i bet stress is keeping you from losing !! i know the weeks i have my grandkids i dont lose anything or basically any stress will really put a wrench in the weight loss for me...hang in there, stay on program do what you are doing and it will whooosh off you. dont change the ticker :hug::carrot: thanks for the birthday wishes i had a nice day. quiet like i like it. good going on the loss jinx ! shy thanks for the balloons and the wishes. good will and consignment shopping are great ideas. gosh it must be soooo scary to have a little one with asthma ! my husband has it and it worries me alot more than it worries him.his smoking doesnt help either.. i have a round of drs. appointments today..i was wondering, can we keep our thread up for a month instead of a week ? especially for the hoildays coming up. i dont want to lose anyone again.....p.s. 3 pounds are gone this week.sue

StillTryin
11-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Got2-Actually my ticker was lying in the GOOD direction, I was down 1 LB!!!!

So I definately changed my ticker! I was very happy. But thanks for the encouragement, I still needed that! ((HUG)) THANKS!!!

Shy Moment
11-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Still
Thats great. Always nice to get to move that ticker in the direction we want it to go.

StillTryin
11-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Shy, as you may recall it has been going wacky since AUGUST!!!! OMG! But it looks like I am BACK on track FINALLY! THANKS to all the support here!

Shy Moment
11-12-2007, 04:48 PM
stilltryin
As long as you don't give up you will do fine. Sometimes I just takes sitting down with a pen and paper and looking things straight in the eye. Write down what you have been doing that is bad for you. Think about why and how you can change that. Relizeing what is going on really can keep us on track.

got2gethealthy
11-12-2007, 05:00 PM
stilltrying...one pound is great. hang inthere it will pay off. :hug:

StillTryin
11-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks!!!!!! Even though I am stressed to no end, and just ready to scream, I actually feel pretty good about the choices I have been making! Go Figure, usually when I am stressed I EAT...but not this time.

Tammy
11-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Mez, the container does have 4 compartments. I guess I was thinking that it was going to be something different. Where will your son be going to college? My son goes to Ball State University in Indiana. I've heard of those protein drinks but I've never had them. Let us know if you try them.

Jinx, we've had rain for 2 days in a row. The sun did come out for a short while today. There have been days when I've eaten terribly, and I haven't had any TE's.

I started journaling again today. Maybe that will get me back on track. I have also had more water today than I have had in ages!

got2gethealthy
11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
stilltrying...how long have you been on alli ? i read an article and it said alli only works for 6 months and that all the weight comes back...i think the only way it could though is if a person goes back to uncontrolled eating. i wonder after 6 mo. i would need to go off for a month and then back on..i think i will write the alli site.. congrats to you still for hanging in there and sounds like you have changed how you look at food..a major milestone !!

Shy Moment
11-12-2007, 10:03 PM
got2get
I think the problem is when someone stops taking alli. They would need to drop the amount of fat out of their diet that alli has been taking care of. That would be about 25% of the amount of fat they were taking in. For example. If you were taking in 35 grams of fat a day and taking alli. Without alli you would only be able to take in 26.25 grams of fat to maintain the weight loss. Any more than that would cause you to gain weight because the alli was no longer flushing 25% of the total fat out of your system.

mezmerize
11-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Jinx Ė We bought my son a Zune for X-mas last year he loves it!

Still Ė WTG on not stress eating!

Tammy Ė I was looking at the picture they had on the URL for the storage container and it doesnít look the same. Humm maybe newer model. My son is thinking on going to Iowa State or Michigan State. Then my husband and I will be empty nesters. Well kind of I watch my grandkids while my daughter is at school. (Med tech then Nursing) Iíll keep you posted on the Protein Drinks. My hat really goes off to people that are journaling I just canít seem to keep up with one. Iíve heard they are a great help in helping one figure out what is working or not. I really should try again. Do you have a certain amount of water you want to drink in a day? I bought a camping water bottle. Then I put a couple rubber bands around it and I take one off each time I drink one bottle. This helps me keep track if Iím reaching my goal. WTG on drinking your water. I read once that think of water as a bus and each time you drink it fills up with waste your body no longer needs. If you drink plain water there is more room than if you drink flavored. (my problem) It can be a huge help in weight loss.

I hurt my shoulder once again and the doctor wants me to see an orthopedic surgeon. (fingers crossed I donít need surgery) Everybody getting ready for Black Friday. Personally I donít think Iím going to go out this year. It has gotten to crazy with people getting robbed in line and such.

Shy Moment
11-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Mez
We never could figure out how to make that ticker lol. Oh well sigh I can just be jealous of you. I don't go shopping when a lot of people are out. All that pushing and shoving. Wellllllllllll, they just won't get out of my way lol.

got2gethealthy
11-13-2007, 01:19 PM
shy..you are right.the only way to gain it back is to go back to bad eating.my dr. said i could qualify for lap band, but i dont want to go that way.you are doing really great ! i wrote to the alli site about alli only working 6 mo. and they still havent written back..dont know what to make of that. i am nervous today. lot of changes in the air. i dont like change. i may have to get a new job soon and i dont know what i want to do...oh welll such is life.:?:

StillTryin
11-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Tammy, I was very good about taking Alli for the first 3 months, then the last 3 I have been basically off of it. Now I am re-starting it again.

Shy Moment
11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
got2get
I doubt they are going to tell anyone their product really only works for a certain amount of time. They wouldn't make any money that way. Thank you about how I am doing. I have wondered why I just don't generally lose more than 1lb a week lol. I saw on another thread a formula how you figure out how much you should be eating and how much you have to drop ( calories ) to lose 1lb a week. I am right where the formula says. Heck I didn't even know there was a formula. I must be a pretty smart cookie ( ok I will admit to you but NOT to him, the hubby helped me figure out all the stuff lol ). If I wanted to lose 2lbs a week I would have to go under 700 calories a day or do a ton more exercise and the doc said no way. My joints just can't take it.

got2gethealthy
11-13-2007, 07:03 PM
shy.....you are a very smart person !!! i am really going to have to buckle down and get more weight off. my dr told me today i need 2 surgeries..foot re build and othoscopy. 2 differnt surgeries 2 different drs. no more soup in bread bowls for me for awhile :tantrum: looks like 3 more months of disability too. on it goes. i know alli wouldnt answer, but in fairness i think they should say after 6 mo go off one month then re start..something just dont leave us hangin. shy i am not good at math so what was your calorie goal...mine i think is 1600 tho i dont hit that high most days...sue

Shy Moment
11-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Got2get
I do 1200 to 1400. Alli said 1600 and 52 grams of fat I think. I could NEVER hit that high.

While I was at the docs I told her I just wasn't taking enough food in she said, "Good heavens that is way to high for you, no wonder you can't hit it." Asked me what my averages were and I told her about 1200 to 1300 calories, 30 to 35 fat, 180 to 210 carbs lol. She told me those were just about the exact general amounts she was going to tell me. If I wanted to do the alli fat could be 25% higher, but to remember, when I got off the alli I wouldn't be able to take in that much fat. I would have to take in 25% less fat than I was use to. I just broke down the amounts on the back of packages for 2000 calories and came up with the amounts lol.

I tryed alli a couple of times and my ibs just won't do it. I couldn't stay out of the bathroom and I had made sure for at least two weeks I had been taking in no more than 30 grams of fat a day. Some people just can't use it I guess.

I have gotten so use to the people on this thread and like you all so much. I still post here. I find you all so inspirational.

I am sorry to hear about your surgery's. I frayed that darn thing that goes from the ball of the foot to the heal twice now. The doc is saying that is it. I really need to have surgery in both feet. I think I will just take it easy lol.

JinxCat
11-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Well, I am just checking in. Had some TE's yesterday but not bad. I was just in the bathroom more than usual. I think I rewarded the 5 pound loss a little too well. But I am all better now. Tracking what I eat religiously. My leader mentioned at this meeting that we can't forget to count all the BLT's we take in a week: Bites, Licks & Tastes. He was so right. No more nibbling from my toddler's happy meal.
I had to take Jenna (my 22 month old) to the dr today. Her asthma was bad and she has this vicious cough. So she is on an antibiotic, singulair, pulmicort and xopenex (forgive the bad spelling). I just don't know how any child can be this sick to need so much medicine yet she is running around raising havoc. $200 at the pharmacy. Needless to say, my husband is a little cranky.
Watching the Biggest Loser. I haven't decided yet if I like it.
I was wondering about the 6 month time line on the Alli bottle. I hope to have my weight off by then. I think the important thing is to have a healthy eating plan in place when that 6 months is up. I don't want to be on a pill my whole life but I do like to think that it is there for me when I need it. So, I am still optimistic about it. 6 months is plenty of time to teach yourself how to eat healthier.

So that is where I am today...

Got2, I am the same way about change. It always makes me nervous. I hope things go okay for you on the job situation.
Mez, I like the way you explained the water consumption and how it flushes out all of the waste. I have such a hard time drinking my water. I know I would lose more if I grank more water. I don't think I am doing the Black Friday thing. I know it is going to be crazy and I don't know if I want to deal with people getting nuts over a few dollars saved. Most times I get there too late to get any of the advertised deals anyway. I hope you don't need the shoulder surgery.

Shy Moment
11-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Jinx
I am so glad I am not so strict with myself that I count blt's lol. I tend to do that when I am cooking. If I have done it a lot while I am cooking I eat even smaller portions but only if I have done it a lot. I am so sorry to hear the little one is still sick. Yes, It costs so darn much to get prescriptions even when you have insurance sometimes.

mezmerize
11-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Shy Ė My husband and I usually go together. So I grab on to his belt and hand on while he drags me threw the crowd. They donít seem to move for me either. I can send you the png. Format of my ticker then you can change it to what you want. You still may have to resize it.

Got2get- sorry to hear about your needing surgeries. Do you have the 800 number then you can speak to a real person and hopefully get a straight answer.

Jinx Ė I hope your daughter is better soon. Meds can really put a dent in a bank account. I personally think I have already learned some valuable lessons on fat from Alli. I know what will cause a TE and I hope that I will continue to avoid those things so they donít become a bad habit once again. Iím also hoping at the end of 6 months that I will no longer need this tool to remind me to be good. Iíve not taken it study but it would be nice to know how long it would be effective.

Yesterday I went to Curves and just worked the one arm and skipped what hurt my shoulder. I just jogged longer. My daughter and I have decided weíd like to continue so we sat down to find out what the cost are. OMG! IMO I think itís way too expensive for what they have to offer. I can join the YMCA and do many more things. Swimming, the track plus fitness classes and the list goes on. I have 2 weeks to decide then it would be over $175 more than the YMCA. (right now itís closer to $100) While I do enjoy curves I just canít justify spending that much on it. I think that after awhile I may become bored with it. I have 2 weeks to decide. Also the YMCA is running a special for this week only. They are waving the joining fee. UGH what to do what to doÖ.

Shy Moment
11-14-2007, 10:49 AM
mez
That would be great. Thank you so much.

I am the one that does the pushing and shoveing. Get the heck out of my way lol and for heavens sakes and keep your little monsters and the husband at home if they don't know how to act in a busy store. They are generaly the ones that are causeing all the hold ups anyway lol. Not really, I am never in a hurry no matter what I do. If I were in a hurry I should have left the house sooner is how I look at it. I just hate shopping. I go in I get what I went for and I leave.

I would love to go to the YMCA but it is 500 dollars a year for one person. Heck if I had 500 dollars, which I don't. I can sure think of things I would spend it on other than the YMCA. Curves has a special running at least twice a year. I guess we could go without eating a few days a month and I could go to curves for that money. BUT if I did without eating a few days a month I wouldn't need curves lol.

got2gethealthy
11-14-2007, 12:27 PM
i was working at target for the last 15 years...black friday was a whole other thing on the retail end ! people lined up at 5 in the morning. and by 10 am the store looked like a 3rd world country !! 5 people at a time asking for help ( and of course u wanted to help all of them at the same time) managers wanting you to do 4 things and no manager knew what the other was doing, long lines at the register and running out of sale product that you may never get in the store again..whew those days i am glad to have left behind..even as bad as that was it wasnt as bsd as 2 days before christmas when people would cuss and scream at you because the store ran out of the most popular toy weeks ago. luckily 98 per cent of my customers were wonderful, but it is the other 2 percent that give ulcers !!

bobbigene
11-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Howdy everyone! It's been a busy, usy week and I haven't had a chance to check in. On the up side, I think I've stressed off a pound or two!

Cold front coming thru tonight so it'll be off with the AC again for a while. Long range forecast says we could have rain on turkey day. I'm going to my friend's house for the big day on Thursday and then her weekend house for the weekend. It's the boat parade on Saturday so she & her husband are having a party for us us big city people.. Come on down and watch the fun! I'm never one to say no to a party!

I hadn't read anything about stopping alli after 6 months. I've been pretty lax about taking it the past month and I need to get back on track. I prequalified for a metabolic syndrome study tho and I'm sure that I won't be able to take it during the study. We'll see what happens. I have a drs appointment on Monday to see if I qualify to go on to the actual study.

Shy Moment
11-14-2007, 08:26 PM
got2get
I have friends that work at a few stores like walmart and a few that work at walmart. Never in my life. I have never understood why people treat those that work at those places like they do. For heavens sakes, they didn't order the products. They don't set the prices and they sure don't make enough to be yelled at.

bobbiegene

lol stress is not a good way to take off weight. I hope you get in for that study, sounds like you really want to do it.

mezmerize
11-15-2007, 07:04 AM
Shy Ė Iím finding it hard to pay for the gym because I lost 40+ lbs by just doing my workouts at home. (Sadly I let life get in the way and gained it back) The only thing I think is different this time is I feel the gym give me that extra push that I need right now.

Ok here is the basic of my sig. Just right click on it and save to your hard drive. Then you can edit it on your computer with your favorite graphic. I figured this would be quicker than me emailing it. Since Iíve had others asking about my ticker. Remember The image you upload to 3FCs can be no larger than 100px high, 500px wide, and 19k in size. So youíll need to resize it after adding your graphics.

Got2get Ė I use to work security at Target years ago. It can be such a mess!

Bobbigene Ė Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planed. Enjoy!

Well on my side Iím off to stay at my DD/DSIL home. They are going to Vegas and we feel the kids will feel more comfortable being at home. Plus her dog recently had puppies. (Chiweenies) So I should be pretty busy with 2 kids and 2 adult dogs and 6 puppies.

ThinGirl in FatBody
11-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi girls, sorry I was AWOL.

My second dose of cholera vaccine made me feel terrible and I was lying low for a few days.

I am leaving in 4 days and totally stressed at work -clearing up my desk as best I can and at home, packing and getting stuff read for my husband who will be home alone for 3 weeks while we are gone.

I have not been eating the best :( I've had some stress induced binges.

Anyway, glad you are all alive and kicking - talk to you later!

PS: I have a weigh in on Saturday and I suspect I'll be adjusting my weight UPWARDS on my profile.

got2gethealthy
11-15-2007, 11:32 AM
thingirl...how exciting only 4 days but i would be stressed too. excited and stressed. my weekend is watching my grandkids :D love them so but it is like living in a tornado!

i am stressed also about my upcoming surgeries. i know it will be ok but i made the mistake of reading the mri results. a lot of words i didnt know but possible neoplasm i do know...apossible tumor could go either way yes or no. but i was up and lusting after bread most of the night ! i will have to stay on guard all weekend and remember possible isnt probable.

StillTryin
11-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Thin, if you happen to have to go UP...you shouldnt stress over that, YOU HAVE DONE SO GOOD SO FAR!!!!! I am very inspired by your losses. I hope you have a SUPER trip and think of all of us stuck back here while you are out enjoying life. We will be thinking of you often, i'm sure!

Mez-have fun with the puppies (oh and kids too). I love puppies they are so fun! We have had several litters of cattle dogs in the past few years but now we are done with that.

Got2-You shouldnt stress about the surgeries that makes the body heal slower. Just have faith that everything will be ok and relax!!! We will all be thinking of you when it is time. (Just let us know)

Bobbie-I sure hear ya on the stressing off a pound or two, I think I have been doing that also. It is hard to not let that stress effect every part of your life! Takea deep breath. Your doing great!

Jinx-I think we have all had some form of TE's at one point or another...just be careful! You will be fine.

Tammy
11-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Hi Ladies! I've been out of the loop this week. The colder weather and then the rain have thrown me into quite a bit of pain. I don't like arthritis or fibromyalgia! I know I could have something worse, so I should be thankful that I don't.

With Alli saying that it only works for 6 months, is that if you take it 3 times a day regularly? If that's so, it should work for me forever since I forget to take it sometimes. I haven't taken any this week. I had gained 3 pounds last week, and I'm still bummed over it. Almost to the not caring point, but I know that I need to lose.

Sue, what's the scoop on a new job? 2 Surgeries in your future. Not fun at all.

Shy, I agree that people will need to stay with the lower fat after Alli. If we go back to eating high fats, we'll definitely gain. WOW, your Y is expensive! We can get a family membership for that price. For a bit more we can also get the cardio equipment room.

Mez, ouch to the shoulder!! If your son goes to Mich. State, I could go visit him! Well, it's about a 4 hour drive, but it's closer than Iowa! I just noticed yesterday that the sign for the Curves here in town is gone. I knew that the manager wasn't "user friendly" so I wondered how long it would last. We belong to the Y. Our membership needs to be renewed after the first of the year. I need to make use of it more than I do.

Still, I was pretty regular taking Alli at the beginning too. I even took it when we went to Florida to visit hubby's family late July. I haven't been regular with it for a couple months now, and the no weight loss proves it. I'm also not watching the calories and it shows.

Bobbigene, your Thanksgiving plans sound great!

Thin, I hope you are feeling better for the trip!!

StillTryin
11-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Tammy, I agree it DOES make a real difference when you take it vs when you dont. I can attest to that also. I was in such a funk that I didnt want to take it because I knew I would have TE's. That is how bad I was being for the last couple months. But thankfully I didnt gain a ton of weight... (just a half ton ;) )

Tammy
11-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Shy, I'm not blaming my gain on the Alli at all. I know it is me. I am eating nonstop it seems like. I need to get back my focus, I know that for sure.

Still, even when I was taking it and eating crazy, I really rarely had TE's. Glad that I didn't of course!

Going to a bazaar tomorrow with a couple of friends and then out for lunch. I hope I'm in a better frame of mind. Today I have just wanted to cry and sleep. Pathetic.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

got2gethealthy
11-16-2007, 09:55 PM
i hate it when it rains ! i love the rain but it hurts my knees soooo bad.i am in tears by nightfall..

job plans on hold until after the surgeries.

i have been reading the beck solution. i looked at a thread on 3fc and it looked interesting. got the book for 6 dollars at amazon. have to wait until the grandkids go home before i start reading it though.

still trying you are struggling so . hang in there though. we both know if we dont it will only get worse later on.

JinxCat
11-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey everyone. I have been away for a couple of days. Tending to the little one and eatinge verything in site. It is TOM and I have totally BLOWN it these last few (five) days. I have eaten everything and anything I could get my hands on, But I am so grossed out that I am ready to get back on and start again. I bet I gained all that I lost last week but oh well. We will see.

Hope everyone is doing well. It has become so cold here in Chicago! Hope the weather is mild where you all are!

Now I will go back and catch up on some reading on this thread!

JinxCat
11-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Shy Ė My husband and I usually go together. So

Yesterday I went to Curves and just worked the one arm and skipped what hurt my shoulder. I just jogged longer. My daughter and I have decided weíd like to continue so we sat down to find out what the cost are. OMG! IMO I think itís way too expensive for what they have to offer. I can join the YMCA and do many more things. Swimming, the track plus fitness classes and the list goes on. I have 2 weeks to decide then it would be over $175 more than the YMCA. (right now itís closer to $100) While I do enjoy curves I just canít justify spending that much on it. I think that after awhile I may become bored with it. I have 2 weeks to decide. Also the YMCA is running a special for this week only. They are waving the joining fee. UGH what to do what to doÖ.

I know what you mean about the Curves! I didn't join but wanted to. Luckily for me, I had a big park with a walking trail about a block away from me. But now that it is getting cold, I dunno what I am going to do. I think I am going to look into Women's Workout World and see. I would never do Bally's. Seeing all those beautiful 'skinny' people there would just make me sick!

Tammy
11-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Shy, I think I'll do some dusting of myself this morning. I had my meltdown late afternoon yesterday, and my hubby was right there being supportive. He knows how things have been with his health, and he knows that I've been pretty strong through it all. I think maybe everything caught up with me finally. It's not easy to get back on the wagon and on program at the holidays, but I'll do my best, especially with the wonderful support of everyone here.

Sue, let us know what you learn from the book! I had seen that somewhere, but never really gave it a look.

Jinx, it's pretty cold here in Ohio too, but I"m sure we're not as cold as Chicago. I told my hubby the other day that I want to go to Chicago sometime. I met friends there a couple times several years ago, but hubby has never been there. Neither has our son. Vacation next summer??

I guess I should start getting ready to go when my friends get here in an hour. I need some little gifts, so I'm hoping that I can find several nice things at the bazaar.

StillTryin
11-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Well I thought I would quick update everyone on our house issue. We had the first appraisal done and they couldnt accept it. So we switched companies and the NEW appraiser came today. He was very nice and pointed out some things that the first one didnt. He said his report should be done and to our financial place on Monday (I HOPE). We are supposed to close the loan on/before the 30th of this month. OMG!!! I sure hope this one works for us. We are really getting frusterated with this process. But I have a feeling we are coming to an end. Hopefully a happy end!

I am doing good, I have been pretty careful this week as I was last week. I think I may actually be down another pound (at least a 1/2 for sure). I will know on Monday with that also. Hubby and I may go out tonight, but I told him I will drive separately since I will most likely not stay as long as he does. I feel pretty good lately, just a bit tired, but that is typical for me this time of year. It is funny that most people tend to lose 5-10lbs in the summer because your outside more and tend to be more active. I have always found it easier to lose weight in the winter (I always knew I was backwards). So hopefully by next spring I will be back to my 155/160lbs. I would be VERY happy. Although hubby doesnt care, he thinks I am just fine where I am, I CARE!

got2gethealthy
11-17-2007, 05:20 PM
had a good sat. my son and i took the grandkids to the beach..it was a nice day, waves not too big. and they had fun collecting shells. i am going to count it as exercize . walking in sand is a killer !! everyone took a nap on the drive home but me..and of course after the showers and the de-sanding everyone was starved. no rest for the weary..i had a smart ones that was the fastest as i was starving tooo. still am but going to fix hot tea and not eat anything until dinner. sue

Tammy
11-18-2007, 05:27 AM
Shy, I just feel like I've been eating anything and everything lately. The past few days have been much better, so maybe I'm on my way back to doing what I know I need to do. Eating healthy! I have to journal faithfully because I know that helps me. I also need to be regular on taking the Alli if I plan for it to help me on my journey. I want my butterfly to hit the 20 on my tracker by Christmas. I know it is a doable goal, and many would hit it quickly. I know that slow and steady is the way I need to do it. Thanks for your support sweetie!! And I can relate to those fudge bars! And the Mt. Dew!!!

Still, hang in there about the house!! I know how frustrating this has all been for you. I don't know if I lose more in the winter or the summer. I guess it depends on when I really put my mind to it.

Sue, the beach sounds wonderful!! We'll be spending some time this winter in Georgia right on the ocean. I am soooooooooooo looking forward to it. It's in southern GA, so it will be a bit warmer than Ohio!! Walking on the beach is one of our favorite things to do when we are there. We've never stayed for longer than a week, so spending 5-6 weeks there will be interesting. I think I like retirement!

I am heading back to bed for a while before I need to get up and get ready for church. The dog decided he needed to go out way too early this morning. I went ahead and fed him, and let him out again, so he should be ready for a nap too. I hope!

I went to the bazaar with my friends yesterday. I bought a couple of ornaments for gifts, a peach angel food cake that is out of this world, and a jar of sugar free hot fudge.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

bobbigene
11-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Greetings from soggy Houston. My rain guage says that I got 4 inches of rain overnight. There is standing water in my back yard so I guess I won't be working on replacing fence pickets this week - I'd be ankle deep in mud. Won't be trimming any of the trash tree branches that hang over from the neighbor's yard either. The ladder would sink in the mud!

Scale hasn't moved - not up, not down. And I'm betting it won't be going down this week. I don't have a problem with the turkey, it's the dressing, scalloped potatoes and egg nog for me! I'll do the best that I can. At least I don't have much of a problem with the desserts. I'm not big on pumpkin pie and can't stand pecan pie so they are easy for me to turn down. Just pass the dressing!

Going to see the MD tomorrow about the Metabolic Study. They finally called me for an appointment. Guess I'll be sans alli for the duration of the study. But who knows, maybe they'll be testing a wonder drug and the scale will move in the right direction!

Hope everyone is doing well and counting their blessings - one of which is this message board. Even tho I haven't been posting all that often lately, I still check in and find lots of encouragement here. So happy turkey day to all of you!

ThinGirl in FatBody
11-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Sorry guys, I've been so busy with work and home trying to get ready for my trip that I haven't had time to read & post :(

I weighed in at the dietitians yesterday and had lost 3/4 of a pound LOL in two weeks - I told you all the binging and non-exercise days would make me pay. but at least I didn't gain.

My next weigh in is December 15th - a whole month away - I have an eating/exercise plan for the cruise and I am just going to try and do the best I can.

I might not be able to post again until I'm back (Dec 9) Good luck to all the Alli cats - keep making good choices everyday and you will lose the weight. Take Care everyone :)

Tammy
11-19-2007, 05:07 AM
bobbigene, that's a lot of rain! The pumpkin pie doesn't phase me either. I'm with you on the dressing!

Thin, have a wonderful and safe trip!

shy, I love food also. I did well yesterday, and I'm hoping that it will continue. Kind of dreading all of the holiday foods. Hard to resist.

mezmerize
11-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Sorry was MIA staying at the daughters.

Jinx Ė What is Womenís Workout World? I know what you mean about the cold we had a sprinkling of snow the other day. Not much and it didnít stay. I have decided that if I do join something it will be the YMCA since they have a track and they have a day set so you can bring the kids. I think it would great they we can all workout together. Nodding head on Ballyís I would feel very uncomfortable.

Sue Ė Same here let me know how you feel about the book. I have also read the thread sounds very intresting.

Tammy Ė Sure you can go see him and make sure heís being a behaving himself. 

Still Ė Keeping fingers crossed. On your comment on losing in the winter for some itís their body burning more calories to keep their body warm. I had a URL once awhile back that stated the calories burned to keep the body warm but lost it when my computer crashed and I had to reinstall my OS. After reading that I no longer complain how cool my husband keeps the house since I figure every time I shiver my body is burning calories to stay warm. My husband is very hot blooded he never gets cold. He does tend to suffer in the summer. Where Iím cool as a cucumber most days.

Got2get Ė I hear walking or jogging on sand is a great workout.

Bobbi Ė Congrats on making it on the study. Is food plan top secret?

Thanksgiving isnít what it use to be. I was sick with the flu 3 years ago and can no longer eat pumkin pie or turkey. I come from a big family 8 sisters and 5 brothers. So we have a huge gathering. We play bingo to win prizes. (some food some not. A case of beer is usually what the guys pick. We also have games/crafts the kid play and prizes for them. This year we are going to raffle ($1) off small appliances. Cap/Expresser/Coffee Makers, Blenders,ect(Sears had many name brands on clearenc for $5) We just happen to be there by sheer luck. We are going to give the money from the raffle to our parents to do with as they wish. I usually just eat the veggies, jello and green bean casserole. (At my family gatherings) Last year my husband and I made/ate Thanksgiving prime ribs before heading out to the party.

I'm happy to be home once again I was at my daughter and son inlaws. I watched the grandkids while they went to Los Vegas. The 4 days there of not eating on plan has really got me bummed. Iím afraid to step on the scale. I know I need to take the bull by the horn and just step on it and do what needs to be done. UGH! On a good note I had a wonderful time with the grandkids. They are so sweet and I think it was good that I decided to stay there since it didnít mess up their routine. The puppies were great fun and oh so cute!! Well Iím off to weight myself. (Put in horror music now)

StillTryin
11-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Mez- you know you may be right, since I am ALWAYS cold but can tolerate the heat fine. HMMMMM I am starting to think winter is a good thing now ;)

got2gethealthy
11-19-2007, 12:01 PM
well...weigh in day and of course no weight loss :tantrum::tantrum: dont get it really.. i was good on plan, drank water and still no weight loss..but have no choice have to keep going forward

grandkids went home yesterday so today is house recovery. hopefully get started on the book. scanned it over the weekend hope it sinks in.

dang i was sure working toward a loss :?:

got2gethealthy
11-19-2007, 02:58 PM
how i weigh myself...i make sure the scale is in the right spot...bathroom, shower (dirt can weigh ya down) hair brushed( because dont want to weight the lose hair !) dry off ( water weight ya know !) step on the scales and i find out my little fat cells just lovvvve me. love me big time :devil:

thanks for the kind words shy...i was worried about the alli 6 month thing and i stopped alli last week to see. still followed the plan, drank water tried the exersize thing . no luck. i dont want to gain the weight back because i stopped alli. would rather stop it now and find out what happens. oh well

StillTryin
11-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Got2-Dont stress, you have been doing GREAT. You didnt gain and that is important! DO NOT forget that. I didnt lose this week either, but I hung in there. My "little fat cells" love me too. So look at it this way...when you are feeling bad, remember someone (or something) loves you and ALWAYS wants to be with you..lol (Sorry couldnt resist)

Tammy
11-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Mez, your family Thanksgiving sounds like so much fun! I want to come too!!!

Sue, sorry about no loss! It is so frustrating when you know you've done things right. I may have to get the book.

Shy, I pray that you'll stay healthy!!

I know that years ago I had done a lowfat diet, so I hope that I'll be able to do it once I stop the Alli. What happens if you keep taking it longer than the 6 months and it still works? Is that a bad thing?

got2gethealthy
11-20-2007, 01:36 AM
thanks guys for the support..shy i bet i am too heavy on carbs. i tried to get fitday to work but it is too complicated ! i may have to start journaling again. i kind of thought i knew enough to not have to. another stumbling block i tripped over. now tomarrow get up and start anew.. i may finish out the alli bottle i have though on second thought and see how it goes..

the book The beck solution" is about changing how to stop the voice in our head that is negative to our new healthy lifestyle. changing our mindset i guess. it is really interesting.

well, keep on keeping on ladies and rise to fight the good fight again tomorrow;)

mezmerize
11-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Got2 Ė Hang in there you did the right things. Try not to let the scale discourage you. Iíve been reading blogs on the book. I think Iím going to pick it up this weekend. One thing I read was about throwing out food. Well that is a HUGE problem for me. When I have the grandkids over and they didnít finish their chicken nugget or whatever. I will tend to clean it up thinking itís a waste to throw out. They stated the food will still go to wasted even if you eat it. The waste it your bodies health. ďIn the trashcan or in your body, either way itís wasted,Ē Iím going to put this on my refrigerator. Itís not stating to throw out all leftovers. Ex: Meat that can be made into another meal/eating another time. That lone chicken nugget would only sit in my frig and get shoved in back. So it would be waste going in there. It will teach me to cook less nuggets. I love your weight in routine.

Shy Ė Fingers crossed on you staying healthy! Do you take multi vitamins? I try and take extra C when I feel something coming on. Maybe itís mind over matter but itís seems to work. Iíve yet to decide if Iím going to get the flu shot. Shy itís wonderful that your plan is working so well for you.

Tammy Ė Hey come on over weíve always thought the more the merrier! Good question about taking it longer than 6 months and if itís bad for one. I think Iíll bring that up with my doctor at my next visit.

I stepped on the scale and it stayed the same. I think that all the bad things I had eaten were burned up by me playing with the kids and the puppies. I did a lot of running. Somehow running from puppies/kids is A LOT more fun for than just running.

StillTryin
11-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Shy-Thats GREAT!!!! You are truckin right along!!!! CONGRATS

Tammy
11-21-2007, 06:16 AM
Shy, when I did the low fat diet years ago, I didn't go nearly that low, and I did very well with it. I think using common sense is the best thing, and I haven't been doing much of that lately. Way to go on that 2 pounds!!!! I'm sure that not eating the junk food and fast food has helped you with this journey of weight loss in your life.

Sue, I might just have to read that book.

Mez, as I was reading what you wrote, I was thinking about the foods that we save after a meal that end up at the back of the refrigerator. I guess my mom used to save everything, and I picked that up from her. A spoonful or two of corn, and she would save it for later. Let me know what your doctor says about taking the Alli longer. I thought about going to their site and asking that question, but sometimes I get lost there. lol glad you ran with the kids and the dogs to help you not gain!!

I was pretty much on track and doing well until hubby had his problems and was in the hospital in September. He is still fighting his way back to being healthy, and I know that has taken a toll on me and how I have dealt with things. I know that I am still eating healthier than I used to, so that's a plus, but I'm still eating too much and not getting in enough exercise to make the scales move in the right direction. I've been at 15 pounds on my tracker for ages. Granted I have gained a couple, lost them, gained them again, lost them again, and on and on. My goal was to see my butterfly hit 20 by Christmas. It is very doable if I put my mind and body to it.

got2gethealthy
11-21-2007, 11:54 AM
hi everyone..happy thanksgiving in case i dont get a chance to write tomorrow :hug: i am sorry to have thrown the 6 mo. alli wrench in the fire. i just worry about being let down again, and gaining the weight back..i know i do that myself and alli or any other program is not to blame...but really how many diets and "helps" have we all tried and have been let down by them. ?

as for me i think i was fooling myself on why no weight loss...i have to journal by weighing and writing down everything i eat...a major hurtle and the beck book is helping me see why that is important ( dont get me wrong though i still think it is a pain ! ) i got slack in reading labels too..since it has been cooler i think a cup of hot cocoa is nice before bed. the label said 2.5 fat (ok) but 140 cals. and 18 sugar. and since we have whipped cream in a can a shot or 2 of that wont hurt ( yeah right ) and of course a peppermint candy in the cocoa....well you see my point ;) it was over 200 cals..geez

i hope you all and your families are well and enjoy each other for thanksgiving..we all have so much to be thankful for and i for one tend to take it for granted...much love, sue

got2gethealthy
11-21-2007, 12:06 PM
p.s. Tammy, it sounds like you, stilltrying and i are in the same boat..i like the company too :hug: you have been through a lot..be kind to yourself and keep on keeping on ! weight loss is a journey not a destination... lets use thanksgiving as a new starting point ( ok the day after) learn from the past, be thankful they are gone and pick up that sword and lets get going !!

mezmerize
11-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Shy Ė Yea I read that about vit. C also but like I said mind over matterÖmaybe I think myself well. Congrats on the 2lbs loss.

Tammy Ė I think Iíll post that in the Alli site and see if I get an answer. Sorry to hear about your hubbies illness. HUGZ Iíll say a prayer that he gets better. Taking care of someone ill and taking on all that they use to do it very stressful. Just know weíre here to lead an helpful ear when you need to vent or a virtual group hug. It is a HUGE plus that you are still eating healthy even if you are not losing. Sometimes it just takes a bit to iron out these life issues. Stay strong!

Got2 Ė Yea those fat grams and calories can sure sneak up on ya. Nothing beat hot cocoa on a cold fall/winter night/day. Hey anytime 

Happy Early Thanksgiving Everyone! Well I went to meet my orthopedic surgeon today. I was given two options. 1. was a to have an MRI and see if I have Bursitis and to see how best to treat this. He believes I do in fact have it. 2. Was to give me a cortisone shot and continue with physical therapy. Iím not to do any heavy lifting or twisting movements with my arm. Iím to take my meds. I have to go back on the Dec. 21 to see if all is ok. If not he wants me to have an MRI and possible surgery. I went all over town looking for the Dr. Beck Diet S book. It was sold out. So ran to the local book store and they ordered it for me. It about $25.00 but I really think itís worth it. It should be here in a week.

Shy Moment
11-22-2007, 12:31 AM
mez
Bursitis is nasty. You take it easy

got2
Nothing wrong with that if you figure it in what you allow yourself. That is the trick sometimes

The green olives have been calling me again. Yes, they are good for us. But for 5 little olives there are 2 grams of fat. They aren't that good for me lol.

got2gethealthy
11-22-2007, 02:45 AM
mez...i think you will like the book. next time try amazon.com. i order most of my books through them and have never had a problem. it is a safe and secure site to order from....

shy...30 pounds that is amazing you are an inspiration

Shy Moment
11-22-2007, 06:41 AM
got2get
Thank you so much. You know I do understand what 34lbs is but last night when I was lifting that 23lb turkey in and out of the oven every hour to baste it. I had to wonder, how on earth did I lug around 34 extra lbs all this time. My gosh that thing got heavy after awhile. Especially around 4 am lol. Still has another couple of ours to cook then I am off for a nap.

bobbigene
11-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!:turkey:Hope everyone's turkey turns out tasty and you don't have lumpy gravy!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday - no presents to buy and stress over the is it perfect question. No expectations that you'll get the perfect present. Just enjoy the people around you and eat some great food. And if you are a football fan (not me!) there are plenty of games on TV to watch.
So I hope everyone has a great day, :thanks2: be as good as you can food wise, but if you fall off the wagon, start up again tomorrow!

Shy Moment
11-22-2007, 11:41 AM
bobbie
Lumpy gravy is part of Thanksgiving lol.

Tammy
11-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Sue, I agree about using today as a starting point. Let's do it!! I can get to 20 on the tracker by Christmas if I focus. We'll just have to keep supporting each other on here.

Mez, thanks for the prayers for my husband. We go next week to get biopsy results from last week. I am feeling positive that things will be ok. I feel I can handle the liver problems that he has, but if they throw cancer into the loop, I just don't know if I can handle that. I hope that things get better for you and that you don't have to have surgery! I've had bursitis, and it is so painful. I usually order books from Amazon.com. The prices are good, and the service is excellent. In fact, I ordered my last bottle of Alli from there.

Shy, when olives start calling my name, I'll be worried. I have other things calling my name though, so I can relate to how you feel!!

Bobbigene, we always play games on Thanksgiving afterrnoon/evening. We played dominoes and Trivial Pursuit yesterday. My face hurts from laughing so much. Some people watched some football and played pool.

Tonight my son and I are going to a dinner theater to see White Christmas. I can't wait! He said that if the guy who sings White Christmas doesn't sound like Bing Crosby, he is walking out. lol

got2gethealthy
11-23-2007, 10:43 AM
whewwww, a major holiday gone.. i will be glad when one day to focus on the holiday and not the food. if ever but that is the goal. i fell into a pit of hot buttered rolls and pumpkin pie though . maybe christmas we will just have bread not rolls.

tammy i hope all is well with your husband and the results. i went through that with mine except reverse. cancer then liver problems. we are here to support you and i know it has been a rough year for you and your family. have fun tonight with your son.

shy i notice that with my grandson too. he is 28 pounds and when i carry him i feel like a heart attack waiting to happen !! i figure if i can keep losing "his" weight i will be ok. by the time he is 18 ( hopefully i wont be carrying him anymore but no promises !) i will have lost 170 pounds lol

Shy Moment
11-23-2007, 12:07 PM
got2
Sounds like you had a nice holiday. A little bread or rolls never hurt anyone. We don't eat that kind of stuff everyday. I didn't eat any, my son gobbled them down. Don't you just hate people that can eat anything and not put on an oz. lol It really does help to look at how much you have lost and compare it to something. When I don't see any real difference in how I look. I can see a real difference in comparing.

Tammy
Will keep your husband in my prayers. Just take one day at a time. Things don't become quite so overwelling that way. Green Olives they are to me like chocolate is to other people lol.

StillTryin
11-23-2007, 01:36 PM
well i survived! I cooked for only 12 so that wasnt bad. We had a good time and played cards when we finished eating. Then we ate again a few hours later and everyone went home, I relaxed a bit took a bath and went to bed so I could work today.

Shy Moment
11-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Still
Glad you had a nice time. Sorry you had to work today. I did the same thing cleaned up and relaxed. After cooking all that I didn't want it lol. Today was my eating day lol.

Tammy
11-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks for your support everyone! I'll feel much better after we get hubby's test results. We don't talk about it, but I know it is on his minds constantly.

The dinner theater was nice last night. I love White Christmas!! The food was yummy as always when we go there.

After all of the food the past several days, we are just doing snacky things today. Our son wants ham and beans and cornbread before he goes back to school tomorrow. I need to just stop eating.

Shy Moment
11-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Tammy
I finaly ate the last couple of days. Didn't even want to look at food after all that cooking. Had to make two of those darn turkeys lol. Yes, I bet it is on your mind all the time. Hope things go well. Praying for you. Chew on a straw, give the mouth something to do.

got2gethealthy
11-25-2007, 08:33 PM
man have i been sick these last couple of days !! :p too much rich food, and off track. tomarrow is weigh in so for better or worse here goes....hope you all had a great holiday and on to the next one..i love christmas and am looking forward to it..forward warriors !!!

Shy Moment
11-25-2007, 08:43 PM
got2get
I am not thrilled with the idea of my next weigh in lol. At least mine isn't until the 6th. Get it over with, we will either cry with you for a bit or cheer for you. Either way, it will be over and done with and you can look forward :)

Tammy
11-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I feel like I did very well over the weekend with all of the food available. We even went to the dinner theater on Friday, and I did great! Still not looking forward to weighing in though. I don't think I ever am!!

Shy, I'd probably chew on the straw and end up swallowing it!

Sue, hope you are feeling better after all of the goodies!!

Shy Moment
11-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Tammy
I have for the whole time I have been doing this lost weight every weigh in. I still hate to have weigh ins lol. How on earth can a person swallow a straw lol.

Tammy
11-26-2007, 11:10 PM
I manage to all kinds of strange things! lol I would chew it so much it would start breaking off little pieces.

bobbigene
11-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone. Hope all is well with everyone. Today is put up the tree day. Wish me luck. It usually seems to take me two days to do it because I putz around. I'm going to try to do it all in one day this year. We'll see!

I haven't even stepped on the scale since last week. Too afraid to do it. And take the alli pills? Not for the past 10 days or so. Maybe tomorrow. Definately by Thursday bacause I have to go back to work. Work will get me back to a mor normal routine.

StillTryin
11-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Well I did pretty good over the weekend. I didnt gain, so still holding at current weight. But I think next week will be hard I leave for Las Vegas on Saturday and wont be home until Wednesday. I have it in my head that I am going to BE CAREFUL with what I eat, but I will enjoy my time away. This will be the first "girls" only vacation I have ever taken and I am so looking forward to it. 3 of my friends and I, 4 days and a lot of fun (I HOPE).

Shy Moment
11-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Still
You have fun. Sure be careful what you eat but enjoy. A few days is not going to kill everything you have done in the past. When you get back just get back on the pack mule and follow the trail again.

bobbie
I haven't even thought about the tree yet and yes it takes me two days too. Heck takes me about 8 hours to put 50 strands of lights on the thing lol. Normal is what most of us like, want, and need. The body sure does like it. You just keep an eye on things and I am sure things will go well for you.

Tammy
WHAT am I going to do with you. Ok, we are going to have to come up with a new idea. I KNOW suck on fireballs. After those you don't want to eat anything because your tongue is burning off lol.

got2gethealthy
11-27-2007, 12:06 PM
fun. new avatars !! thanks shy you are really the "mom" supporting everyone on this board :hug:

as for me, i gained 3 pounds oh well. sure got a scolding from the alli web site at weigh in :o

still have a great time in vegas you need to have some fun :hug:

my knee surgery is scheduled for monday dec 3 in the morning.. get my knee fixed and i can walk without hurting.looking forward to that.

Shy Moment
11-27-2007, 01:30 PM
got
everyone can click on my avatars and save them. gives everyone lots of choices. You can do a search for the darn things, they are everywhere lol. Good luck on the surgery. I know my mom was so thrilled, a few weeks lol, after the surgery. She was able to go up stairs again and not be in incredible pain.

Beck1Beck
11-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Wow, what a month. Lets see now:

Got the new job. Start it on the Dec 10th. Not much more money, but salary instead of hourly and after a couple of months, I should be able to convince 'em to pay me more, if they want to find all their stuff I've hidden. heheheheheeh

Training my replacement, last week, 'til Wednesday, when I started on vacation.
Went with the girl child (aka "Shellie Lenn, slow down!!") to Nagshead, where friends had rented a huge home for the week. Spent 3 days chilling out, walking on the beach, reading and eating.
Back home Sunday. This week, I'm piddling around, getting doctor's visits and blood work taken care of, basically planning to do all the stuff that needs doing around here, but I keep stopping to sit and read, so I may just have to toss out that TO DO list.

Stepped on the scale this morning--back up a couple of pounds, so I've reset my trackers. But today, it's not gonna get me down.

Glad everyone made it through TurkyDay. Keep on Keeping on.

Picture my avatar doing the happy dance and that's me cause

:cb: I'M ON VACATION!!:cheer2:

got2gethealthy
11-27-2007, 03:13 PM
welcome back beck we missed you..congrats on getting the job wooohoo:D glad things are going well for you

Shy Moment
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Beck
Nice to see you back. Congrats on the new job. Glad you had a nice time.

StillTryin
11-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Congrats on the job BECK and welcome back we did miss you. Glad to hear your in a good mood!!!!!

Shy Moment
11-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Very quiet in here today. Hope everyone is doing well.

Tammy
11-29-2007, 04:30 AM
I go in spurts about logging in here. Today is my spurt to write.

Bobbigene, did you get your tree up in one session?? We put our large one up last weekend, and it took me a few days to get the decorations put on it. I really haven't been with it on the Alli lately either.

Still, going away with friends is wonderful!! I'd love to go back to Vegas someday.

Shy, I have a small bowl on my computer desk with fireballs!

Sue, we'll be praying that all goes well with the knee surgery on the 3rd. It will be great to be rid of the pain!

Beck, congrats on the new job, and your getaway with your daughter sounds great.

We go to the liver specialist today to get test results. Hubby has been pretty down. He just knows that it is cancer. It hasn't been easy staying positive about everything.

got2gethealthy
11-29-2007, 11:17 AM
oh tammy what a day you and your husband are having..i hope and pray all is well. an illness is so stressful and hard on both of you.

i stopped alli since surgery looms. not doing well on my eating either. i still have the mindset that a slip up means "what the heck eat everything in site" but i have the hope that once i get my knee fixed and get back to work i can get back ontrack..

be good and be safe...sue

Shy Moment
11-29-2007, 11:27 AM
got2
You will get back on track and you will start losing weight again. Don't you worry. Maybe try to make sure you don't have things in the house you really don't want to eat.

Tammy
I am so sorry things aren't going well. We tend to worry early to avoid the rush right when we should be waiting to hear that is going on. Will keep you and the hubby in my prayers.

StillTryin
11-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Well I am still hangin in there.. I leave for Vegas in 2 days and one of the gals that was going backed out so we are trying to find someone else to take her place. Since we have already paid for the extra ticket either way we either find someone or we have to absorb the extra cost. GRRRR

Granted I think the gal that backed out should pay it but the main person who is going, it was her sister and she is not the type to ask for the money from her sister, even though the sister backed out on us. Not fair either way...but I guess on the bright side it is only like $50 extra if we cant find someone.

Tammy
11-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Great news!! NO CANCER!!! They also did other tests, and those were all negative also. Big relief!! We even stopped for lunch after the appointment, and that's the first we've eaten out in ages. Granted, it was Wendy's , but what the heck!!!

Sue, I'm like you about just eating it all. I think now that things are ok, maybe hubby and I will both calm down and get back to normal. I'm sure after your surgery, you'll be able to get back on program, and of course, we will all be here for support.

Shy, we were really nervous at the appt. because it was taking the physician's assistant longer to come into the examining room than normal. We thought she was putting off the bad news, but that wasn't it at all. She even gave us both a hug and a Merry Christmas when we left.

Still, I had a friend that had to back out of going to Disney several years ago, and she still paid her share. I guess it just depends on the person. I hope you find someone to go with you!!! I want to go!!!!

got2gethealthy
11-29-2007, 04:20 PM
tammy i am so happy for you and your husband :hug: what a big relief for you both...

i cleaned out the garage to find the christmas stuff and found out that rats had gotten into most of the stuff..what didnt get pooped and peed on got eaten. so thew the whole mess out and will start anew..new tree and some good decorations and lots from the dollar store to fill in. i managed to fall over the dog and hit the garage floor pretty hard on my knees and hip.. lucky i have a lot of padding there but scared the dog to death !! sue

Shy Moment
11-29-2007, 07:04 PM
got2
Oh my gosh I hope you are ok. Poor dog give it a treat. My mother told me one time after she fell off the porch, she weighed about 250lbs at the time, Dawn my dear fat people don't bounce lol.

Tammy
Big :hug: to both of you. I was so worried for you. I remember the days of looking at the xrays and wondering what I was going to do. Oh the power of prayer is great. Hope you enjoyed that lunch out. News like that is worth a trip to Wendy's lol.

Still
If the woman doesn't want to make her sister cough up the money then she should cough it up herself. That just isn't right. Sure hope you all can find someone else to go that you want with you.

Tammy
11-30-2007, 02:44 PM
We feel like we have received an early Christmas present after his results at the doctor's office! We are so relieved.

Sue, yucky to the Christmas stuff! Sorry that you fell. Are you pretty sore today?

Shy, I agree with your mom. I've never bounced. lol

My son and his girlfriend will be here soon. They are spending the weekend here, then head back to school on Sunday. I called her mom the other day to just touch base with her since we've never met.

Shy Moment
11-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Tammy
This has to be the best christmas for you. All that worry gone. Now you can just enjoy. I laughed so hard when my mother said that.

got2gethealthy
12-01-2007, 11:47 AM
well i for one am glad well rounded women dont bounce ! i'd still be ricocheting off those garage walls and gosh who knows how many times i would have hit little dog :o. not too sore (padding ya know) but i landed right on the knee i have to have surgery on monday. luckily no harm done that i can tell.

i am christmas tree hunting today. decided not to get a real one this year havent had one in decades but thought it would be nice..100 dollars for a flocked one only 5 -6 feet tall is too much this year. so we shall see.

have a great day everyone :hug: sue

bobbigene
12-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Tammy - I am so glad that you got some good news!!!:carrot:

It took me 2 days to get the tree up and I still haven't put the empty crates & boxes away. Guess I'll do that today, been doing laundry all morning.

Got some "wonderful" news this week. I have been called to jury duty in US District Court. I'm on call for 6 business days starting 12/17 which means that I could have to truck on down to the courthouse on Christmas Eve. Oh joy. I know it's my civic duty, but that doesn't mean I have to be jumping for joy!

Scale looks horrible, don't want to talk about it, tomorrow is another day!

Shy Moment
12-01-2007, 04:15 PM
bobbie
Scales should be outlawed except at the docs office lol. Oh you are just so lucky. I want to do jury duty and can't because of the ibs. Not sure I could hold my hand up and tell the judge I have to go to the bathroom again and again and again lol. First time I was called to go I was excited. I happen to be at the docs office and mentioned jury duty. She said give me the form I will fill it out. I said what for I can't wait. She said DAWN they will not let you to the bathroom all the time. I was disappointed. I just got the christmas stuff out tonight. We put the manger out and that is about it. Will start getting things on the stands and such and the packing put away. Tomorrow night I start to check christmas tree lights. Takes forever, I have at least 80 strands of lights to check.

Tammy
12-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Sue, what time is your surgery? We'll be keeping you in our prayers!! We bought a new artificial tree last year since we have less room for a tree at this house than our old one. It's very pretty.

Bobbigene, jury duty! What fun!! I know what you mean about the scales. I wanted to hit 20 on my tracker by Christmas. It looks like it will be Christmas of 2008!

Shy, 80 strands of lights! WOW!!

Shy Moment
12-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Tammy
Sounds like a lot but I decorate all the windows and the tree. I have to go and get a few more this year.

bobbigene
12-02-2007, 08:49 AM
I'm going to the grocery store today, the paper just came so I can check out the coupons. I'm planning on stocking up on alli friendly foods so that I can get back on track.

I can't imagine putting up 80 strands of lights! I don't check them much anymore - they are so cheap that if the strand doesn't light up and it's not missing any bulbs or have loose bulbs, I toss it.

I've still got a storage box full of unopened boxes of lights that I bought at an after Christmas sale ages ago. That was back when I decorated outside and put lights around the windows upstairs. :ginger:I don't do that any more since one year some kids vandalized everything. They pulled my lights off the bushes, twice. They slashed a bunch of blow up decorations on the block and stomped on the wire ones. The whole street was pretty mad about it. I don't know if they ever caught the brats but I haven't put up lights outside since then.

got2gethealthy
12-02-2007, 11:29 AM
tammy...you got the house ?! i must not have read that post.

bobbigene...vandals can sure wreck things. i agree about not wanting to do it again. i remember one year my dad and brother put lights up on the outside of the house and kids came and stole quite a few of them..i was in high school and i found out it was a friend of mine and her brother that did it. dad never decorated the house again.....it is a shame they did that to you and your family. sounds like you had some beautiful decorations too.

i found a tree at big lots for 26.oo and i decorated it ( it is a pre lit tree) and i love it. 6 foot and just the right size for our apartment. since i did it myself i didnt have to listen to scrooge mchusband complain about the work !

surgery is scheduled for 8 am tomarrow. it will be so nice not to hurt anymore. 2 surgeries in 6 month..more than in my whole life !! sue

Shy Moment
12-02-2007, 11:45 AM
got2get
Will keep you in my prayers. I am sure surgery will go well and yes, you will be happy you had it done.

bobbie
Under the word cheap in the dictionary is a pic of me lol. Maybe this is one of the reasons we don't need me to work lol. I check them to make sure they are blinking or not lol. I will replace a bulb. That is about it. If the darn things don't light up and all the bulbs are there they get tossed. All the clear stands blink, these go in the inside of the tree. All the colored stands do not blink. That is the extent of my checking lights lol. I am sorry someone had to mess things up for you. We had a few houses here that really decorated. The people that owned this house did the same. I am still pulling stands of lights out of my pine trees lol. Anyway, a bunch of kids went thru and cut lights and all kinds of stuff. They were caught and good for their parents were given a good beating lol. We still believe in spair the rod and spoil the child around here. Then they were made to stand in front of our little store here in town ( not here any longer they retired ) and wear signs that said I like to tear up peoples Christmas lights.

Tammy
12-03-2007, 05:10 AM
Bobbigene, we had that same problem when we decorated outside many years ago. We never did it again at the home where we lived at the time.

Sue, we didn't just get a house, that wasn't me. We moved here 2 years ago in January. I love to shop at Big Lots!!! Our tree is a prelit one also. I love it! Prayers for you during surgery this morning, and prayers for those involved with the surgery that they will have skillful hands.

Shy, I love what happened to those kids who did that to the decorations!!!

Hubby and I are going away later today and staying overnight. Just want to get away. He hasn't been much of anywhere since he got out of the hospital in September. He needs to start doing more so he'll be ready to leave for Georgia the end of January.

got2gethealthy
12-03-2007, 10:35 AM
oh tammy that is right, it was still tryin who was getting the house !:o. the christmas tree i got was the first one i picked out for myself..crazy when i think about it. this is my tree and it is perfect

thanks for the prayers and good wishes today. i was really nervous last night but today i am ok.

going to skip weigh in this week. what is the point i know i am not on plan and i am not going to beat myself ( or let alli site) beat me up over it.. beside i look good posing as an ostrich hiding its head..sue

Shy Moment
12-03-2007, 12:42 PM
got2
Nervous day for me lol. Have my weigh in this Wednesday but since I have to take my son to the doc today might as well do it today and get it over with. I didn't do to bad over the holidays but I did indulge just a bit. I am always nervous on weigh in day lol.

Tammy
We still don't mess around out here. Is a shame as more and more of the old timers are dieing and younger people are getting their houses. The whole area is going to rack and ruine. You can tell us country folk from the city folk that move out here. We make our kids listen, they don't.

I have a whole bottle of Alli sitting her with only 3 pills gone. Wish I knew someone who could use it. Darn thing was expensive lol.

got2gethealthy
12-03-2007, 08:43 PM
surgery went well. still a little woozy but doing ok. they made me weigh of course.. i gained it all back + 1 pound !!! it took me 3 months to lose 15 pounds and 2 weeks to gain it back !!! but after i heal i will start over and this time be able to walk too. but gads 16 pounds !!!:dizzy:

Shy Moment
12-03-2007, 09:48 PM
got2get
Thank you so much for letting us know you are ok. The weight will come back off, you just get well.

got2gethealthy
12-04-2007, 11:09 AM
i figured wrong..only 4 pounds. no pain today but i am still woozy. no more surgerys for awhile planned (please god) so i am looking forward to not hurting and being able to walk again..:carrot:

thanks again ladies :hug:

iulia
12-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi all,

I'm new here. I've been following the Slimming World diet for a couple of years, and before that used a sort of low-carb idea. Have lost about 3 stone (around 40 pounds) but hit a major stall for the last few months. Various reasons, including a death in the family, but at least only a couple of pounds has crept on!

Am keen to get back in the saddle, and would like to use Alli to kick start the weight-loss. Have read all the advantages and disadvantages.

Does anyone know a good place, preferably online, on buy Alli in the UK?

Cheers and nice to be here!

Shy Moment
12-04-2007, 01:45 PM
julia
Nice going on the weight loss. Alli sure does help a lot of people boost the weight loss, good luck. Sorry not from the uk but I bet you can do a search of your local stores on line and find somewhere that sells it.

Got2
That isn't so bad. You will be your old self again ( new and improved lol ) pretty soon and that weight will come right off, I know it will. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Of course you are sore and I am sure not feeling quite your old self yet. Get plenty of rest and read a trashy novel. Relax, you deserve it.

mezmerize
12-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Shari - Am keeping my fingers crossed you find a wonderful instructor. I love to dance I'm not very good but do it anyways.

On my side... the reason I've been MIA is my daughter had a miscarriage. She had her tubes tied after her daughter was born. (15 months ago) She had no idea she was pregnant. She was at my home and said she hadn't been feeling well then it happen. She had a normal period the last couple months (I had my period for a couple months when I had my son) I'm not very good with words we are just so shocked and saddend by this. I'm trying to eat on plan but somedays I just don't care... I know I need to get back to things and I will... I really can't write much more right now.

got2gethealthy
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
oh mez..i am so sorry for your daughter and the families involved..my prayers will be with you all..

Shy Moment
12-05-2007, 07:02 PM
mez
So sorry to hear the bad news. Will keep you and your daughter in my prayers.

StillTryin
12-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Well Ladies/gents! I am back from Vegas. We had a GREAT trip. I actually did a pretty good job with my eating while I was there. I havnt weighed yet, that will happen on Monday. But I thought I should at least pop in and say Hi and that I am back. I think I will start the new DECEMBER thread...so head over and lets get postin.