LA Weight Loss - Commit to a POP Week Nov 5-Nov 11

View Full Version : Commit to a POP Week Nov 5-Nov 11

amylou7777
11-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok-this is free to anyone who wants to check in and get motivated to have a POP day EVERY day!

Let's do it right!

Jamiep03
11-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I will get in with you Amy.

How was your weekend?

chiquita623
11-05-2007, 04:39 PM
I'll give it a whirl. But I've already been non-POP today. I will do better the rest of the day and tomorrow.

EmilyLashea
11-05-2007, 04:45 PM
This is great accountability :) POP so far today...

chiquita623
11-05-2007, 04:47 PM
You know it really irritates me when people I work with that know I'm trying to watch what I put into my body put a bunch of dark chocolates in the middle of my desk when I'm not here!! Now I know it's up to me to make the choice to eat it or not but what in the heck are they trying to prove? That they can pi$$ me off or what?????

EmilyLashea
11-05-2007, 04:55 PM
I totally agree with you Laurie.. and it's so hard to see people you work with (i am in a VERY enclosed space..) come in with mcdonald's, etc and sit right in front of you with it. I know it's my decision to be eating healthy and their right to eat whatever they want but its sooo hard!

chiquita623
11-05-2007, 04:57 PM
When I confronted by coworker about it (the boss's wife) she just smiled and said that she knew I liked dark chocolate and that she thought I'd been good long enough. Now mind you she's also been watching what she eats and doesn't eat any chocolate. Kind of makes me think she's trying to sabotage my efforts!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!

chica33
11-05-2007, 04:57 PM
lol chiquita....it's hard when the people around you aren't there for support..it's like they want you to fail?! You have us...we are here for support!!!!

I am in this week even though...I haven't been POP today either.. tomorrow is a new day!

chiquita623
11-05-2007, 04:58 PM
OK enough grumbling. I'll just shake it off and get over it. Tomorrow is going to be a better day!!!

Mama Nicole
11-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I hate you, Amylou :lol: I am only kidding. I suck so bad at challenges...........but I always want to join in!!!! I am POP today.....and I even plan to drink some HLW.......so, for today, I am POP :)
XOXO

chiquita623
11-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks Chica for the kind words of support. We will all get through this together. I always tell my grandchildren that alone they can be great but with the help of those that love and support them, they can achieve greatness. Same goes for us I think.

zambejaly5
11-05-2007, 06:10 PM
count me in, i don't know about you guys but I am going to keep track of myself this way:

MONDAY:POP!
TUESDAY:
WEDNESDAY:
THURSDAY:
FRIDAY:
SATURDAY:
SUNDAY:

and then I will just come in and edit it every day.

chiquita623
11-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Lettie - how are things going on NS?

BarbaraB
11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Hey, since I moved down to Gold today, I think I need this challenge to keep me from slipping up! I'm in. I can do just one little week! Apparently I go a little insane for challenges, and I've not joined in on one here before, so here is to a POP "golden" week for me. Oh it sounds so much more positive if I think of gold as golden instead of the oh my gosh I'm going to die of starvation that was my first reaction. So far I'm totally fine.

mujiboston
11-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am rejoining LAWL since stopping in March 2006...I got pregnant and had a baby and just put myself on the back burner. So, I am tired of still wearing maternity pants even though they are super comfy. Wish me luck...need all the help I can get.

From what I have read, centers are closing? I called my center today and it seems that they are only open 4 days a week now and with only one staff...I was told I had 4 weeks left and I could rejoin for ~$60 to lose the 45lbs that I wanted....Should I fork out the money?

Thanks!

marzbe
11-05-2007, 06:45 PM
POP today. I'm in for the rest of the week minus Saturday--I have plans and I'm not suffering through passing up a martini or 2. :devil:

zambejaly5
11-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Lettie - how are things going on NS?

real good! I love it!

Tuesday Cool
11-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Ok I am finishing my second day of TO. I have gas (sorry to offend sensitive ears), I am bloated, and my tummy hurts. i am not sure that much broccoli is good for my body and I refuse to drink anymore fruit juice. I want a bowl of pasta, and a meatball, and some bread, and lasagna. yeah, lasagna. I need lasagna! With cheese oozing and bubbling. the soft feel of the ricotta in my mouth... Cripes I think I was just hallucinating.
I am going to trade one LA lite bar for a glass of wine and go to bed before I explode! :cheers:

amylou7777
11-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Muji-what is that in your avatar?? Tiramisu?? Looks good! Anyway-I don't know what the deal is with different centers. Mine is barely open right now and it's making me nervous! Welcome to the challenge!

Lettie- I like your new signature weeklong POP! I think I might do something similar!

As far as my journal goes I'm POP today but I did make a beef roast that I put in the crock pot and I know I used some seasoning that was illegal....So I don't know if it's techinically POP but I'm glad that was the worst thing I've eaten today!

Nicole-I know you hate challenges-but think of how excited you'll be so see that scale 2lbs lighter after a week of POP?!

This is a super busy week for me so I'm going to try to pre plan as best as possible!

KEEP IT UP!

Jamiep03
11-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Amy you are the best. This challenge keeps me focused with what I eat. My co workers come over and they say you are not kidding. And I am determined. Thanks for all of your support.

LizzyW
11-06-2007, 12:57 PM
I am in. I didn't quite make it last time. BUt I have to stop making excuses for myself. I have been eating small chocolate candies since Halloween. Luckily it hasn't been bad, but if I keep it up, it will be. So I am going to try and stay POP. Dinner with the MIL tonight and she always makes so much food.

mujiboston
11-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Amy-yeah, that is a tiramisu, it was from our wedding....just thought it was a pretty picture.

Tuesday cool- I am very proud of you! You can have pasta today, right?

I went to the center yesterday and forked out about $100 for the cookbook and 20 more weeks. I am excited to cook from the cookbook...at least my DH can help too. So, I am officially starting my TO today. Wish me luck!

EmilyLashea
11-06-2007, 02:22 PM
So yesterday was OP except that I was 1 starch and 1 dairy short. I have 2 1/2 dairy a day and don't drink milk, so I have a hard time getting it all in! Any of you that do protein for breakfast, what do you have? I've been doing turkey bacon some but it is on the "consume infrequently" list, so I hate to do it all the time... if I don't get in a protein at breakfast though I end up being short at the end of the day...

aguerin
11-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Emily: What about eggs? 2 eggs = 1 Protein. I personally don't want to burn up my protein that early in the a.m. as I only get 2.5

As for the Dairy: I love the yogurt with Fiber One. It is like dessert for me. That is what I have for my breakfast. 2 Dairy w/ 2 Starches. Yum! I can't believe how good it is. I won't use my dairy any other way either. This is one of the reasons I don't like to do TO, I have to give up my treat.

Katy66
11-06-2007, 03:05 PM
I didn't see this challenge until today but hey I was POP yesterday so count me in:) So far so good today!

Lynx
11-06-2007, 03:23 PM
So yesterday was OP except that I was 1 starch and 1 dairy short. I have 2 1/2 dairy a day and don't drink milk, so I have a hard time getting it all in! Any of you that do protein for breakfast, what do you have? I've been doing turkey bacon some but it is on the "consume infrequently" list, so I hate to do it all the time... if I don't get in a protein at breakfast though I end up being short at the end of the day...

Hi Emily,
Before I give your some ideas, I have to ask what plan are you on? What are your exchanges for the day? I want to make sure to give you the correct info. Are you looking for ideas for 1/2 protein or 1 protein?

week 44
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 54 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

dawn78
11-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Emily - I use soy milk in a smoothie almost every morning as a way to get a protein in. I mix it w/ a variety of fruit, splenda, ice and sometimes SF choc. syrup. I usually drink this on my way to work and consider it the second half of my breakfast.

amylou7777
11-06-2007, 03:46 PM
I could never give up my yogurt and fiber one either Amy! I have it almost every morning!

Emily- I don't know what the new restrictions are for the numbered plan but I put RF peanut butter in my chocolate shake about 4 days a week. I should prob cut down on it but it's my 1/2 protein on the run and it is SO good!

KEEP UP THE Great work everyone!!

Beacon6
11-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Ok, I'm in!! I'm back on LAWL and I might as well start off (and continue!!) POP!! I was POP yesterday and so far today! I want to lose 5 pounds by Thanksgiving yikes!

Emily-I use cottage cheese for 1 of my proteins. I get the low sodium kind and I add frozen berries and Fiber one to it or spread it on toast with sugarfree jelly. You can even add honey to it. I'm not sure if cottage cheese would qualify as a dairy or not. Good Luck!

EmilyLashea
11-06-2007, 04:27 PM
I am on plan 3 [3P, 3F, 5S, 2 1/2D, & 2F].. and I am probably the pickiest person you will ever come across! [Don't believe me? I don't drink milk, don't eat eggs, burgers, pizza, ham, um... oh, and no veggies.. excpet potatoes.] So... my choices on anything are pretty limited. I'm also not really a yogurt fan. I usually do the SF pudding..

Amy- I already use PB for between 1/2 and a protein more than I probably should because of my work.. I put in on an apple and eat it at night instead of trying to make something when I get home. Not a bad idea though...

chiquita623
11-06-2007, 04:29 PM
So far I've been POP today. Yesterday - not so much. But we're not looking back only forward to all of our POP days ahead. I really haven't thought about how I am going to handle Thanksgiving or if I will indulge. Maybe if I can be POP every day, including weekends, until Turkey Day I may just have a little indulgence. Not sure yet. I'm having dinner on Wed. night with my family and then with DBF's family on Thanksgiving Day. It will be easy with my family to stay POP but DBF's family does not eat healthy at all. Talk about a challenge!! Anyway, just wanted to report in. Helps to keep me honest.

dawn78
11-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Emily - I know you said you don't drink milk, but is it because you can't or you just don't like it. I'm only asking because if you just don't like it sometimes putting it into a different form, like soy milk in a smoothie, helps. I was hesitant on trying the soy milk at first and I really can't stand it alone, but I do really like it doctored up in a smoothie. It's also very filling. Just a thought.

EmilyLashea
11-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Dawn- just because i don't like it.. but you're right.. mixed into something would be fine.

marzbe
11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
POP today! ;) I won't post the diary since I get maintainer food :devil:

Amy I work the cheese in most mornings as a protein boost. Also, it's really easy to work the milk into coffee, I order my basic latte then just add more milk to get the dairy.

amylou7777
11-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Wow Megan-look at all of your POP days! That is amazing. I'm hoping to be POP til Thanksgiving. Exciting you get to be in the parade!

Ternoway
11-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I`ve been POP for 2 days now. Emily, I don`t know how you feel about nuts but I add almonds to my cereal or yogurt and fruit in the morning to get in a protien.

bradleys mom
11-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Wooohoooo, POP so far but somehow I ended up with 2 starches left!! I am looking for the lightest starches possible... Maybe RF wheat thins... Any suggestions???

BarbaraB
11-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Wow Emily, I guess you really do get a lot of food (the old colored plans were not that generous). 2 and 1/2 dairies is a lot. I agree with Megan on the string cheese, can be a protein or a dairy or the laughing cow cheese... I liked to pull the string cheese into stings, put it on a piece of bread and toast it in the toaster oven. Or melt it over veggies. I've made some "cream" soups with skim milk too, if you are fond of cream of broccoli (although I can see where you might not be). I made some mashed cauliflower with skim milk in it with a bit of I can't believe it is not butter spray on top, it is almost like mashed potatoes (but still on plan and you get some veggies in too). String cheese is easy to take with you. You can eat one with your bar and get some dairy in that way too. I also was a big fan of the SF Jello, which didn't used to be considered on plan, but now is.

BarbaraB
11-06-2007, 09:05 PM
2 starches left over? My oh my.... I suppose suggesting a beer is not a good thing.. LOL... first thing that popped into my mind though....

Tuesday Cool
11-07-2007, 01:03 AM
I managed to stay POP all day today! Three days and counting!
I was very stressed (could be TOM?) all day and wanted to stop for drive through. It killed me but I stayed true. I just kept telling myself that it was ridiculous that a grown woman who has raised a child, owns a home, has an IRA, a 19 year marriage, and drives a 5 series BMW should feel powerless to food! I know what is right, I know what is healthy, I know how much is reasonable, but today my body, no my brain, kept calling out for a double cheese burger (only $1 at Mickie D's)
I decided I could control what I eat.
I just hope to remain strong again tomorrow.

On the subject of nuts, my COD says that nuts are a fat. 1T sugar-free peanut butter or six almonds = 1 fat.

Chiquita, your coworker was trying to sabotage your diet to boost her own sense of worth! I never talk about diet with my coworkers, family or friends. Someone brought me brownies for my birthday and I fussed over them like a fool, gave them to my daughter and that was that. Someone told me today that i looked skinny and I just said "really? thanks!"

Muji, one bite of pasta and I am a gonner. No kidding I think some starches act as a narcotic on my system. I try to stick to whole grains such as bulgar.

POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP

aguerin
11-07-2007, 09:38 AM
3 Days POP for me (Sun-Tue). And I can make this Day 4.

Make good Choices Today Everyone! :club:

Katy66
11-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Great job ladies! I'm figuring out that these "one day at a time" goals are pretty motivating for me and much easier to attain. And of course we all know, if you stay on plan we will reach our other goals for Thanksgiving, etc.

zambejaly5
11-07-2007, 10:18 AM
two days for me!!!! woo hoo 2 for 2!!! :cp::hat::dancer::flow1::broc::cheer:

Jamiep03
11-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Hello ladies,

I have pop for two days but it is TOM and I want to eat but I am holding myself back.

EmilyLashea
11-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Question to Kimberly, or whomever else wants to answer... When you find that you haven't eaten anything off plan for the day, but you didn't get everything in either, do you still call yourself POP?

Thanks everyone for the advice..

Tues- I am the same way with pasta.. I could eat until I made myself sick if I cooked enough at once.

Katy- You're right.. it is so much easier to think of things one day at a time.. It seems it is easier to talk myself into doing what needs to be done if I just look at it as making good choices today, instead of being on a "diet."

Lets have a POP day today ladies!! :)

bradleys mom
11-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Emily - Technically its not POP because not getting all your calories in can hurt more than help(anyone remember that from BL last night??) So I just ate some shredded wheat ceral last night after I posted. But if I have had a lot of heavy starches sometimes I count an extra one when I havent even had it.

amylou7777
11-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Yes- skipping food is NOT POP. When I skip it really impacts my w/i. You've gotta get it all in. And yes-I thought it was interesting they highlighted that to B on TBL. I can't believe he was only getting 1500 calories while working out 4+ hours a day! Not good!

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you! Wow I am so impressed. I am also happy to report another POP day yesterday! I did split a protein which I know is not the most wise thing to do-but I still counted it POP.

Yes-the day to day challenge is SO much easier than focusing on the big picture. If you are still struggling-take it meal by meal. Make sure every item you put in your mouth is POP and just be conscious of it. Doesn't it feel good to post that you were POP on here? Be conscious of that as well.

Jaime- I am in mid TOM myself and for me its the pre-tom that is the hardest but during I just make sure I am eating wholesome foods with lots of nutrients-that is what your body is craving (although you might think it's chocolate!)

Anyway- I just had a great breakfast that is definitely POP (1 egg, 1 lite cheese, 1 fiber wasa cracker) so yummy! Now I'm going to make a banana chocolate shake and head to work!

POP thoughts to you all!

LizzyW
11-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Well down .4 from yesterday. Let's hope it keeps going down. I really need to try harder to stay on plan. THis morning I had a non-fat green tea latte and a reduced fat blueberry coffee cake. I counted the coffee cake as both starches and the tea as a dairy. It is probably more, but should keep me from eating anymore dairy or starch. And I am really trying to get in my water. Was doing good and now I am not, so I am really trying.

mujiboston
11-07-2007, 03:49 PM
hi all,

On plan yesterday...my DH made the chicken veggie loaf for dinner...it was actually pretty good...moist. He never cooks, so it was quite a treat for me. Its nice that he is being so supportive.

Okay, so sense this is my second time going onto the program, I have forgotten a lot and it seems that a lot has changed. They put me on the red plan with no lites (I am glucose intolerant)...but i am hearing that there are numbered plans now? Can you explain the differences to me? I am bummed that I only get one dairy since I love cheese. And Peanut butter is under protein from me (3 tbls).

Thanks!

chiquita623
11-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone. I was POP yesterday and again so far today. Wow, if I can do 2 in a row maybe 3 won't be so tough to get in!! Congrats to all on their POPness and their losses. I WI tomorrow so we'll see if this is helping or not. Even if it's not, it helps me get my head around being more conscious of what I eat throughout the day and stops me from mindlessly nibbling on junk.

Beacon6
11-07-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm on my 3rd day in a row of POP! I've already lost a pound since last Friday! Reading these posts really helps! It's hard to diet by yourself, specially when my roommate is a skinny mini and eats allll the time in front of me and my DBF has the metabolism of a 12 year old boy LOL!!

Amy..you're are definitely right!! When I look to my long term goal it seems impossible but just having a day-to-day goal really helps! Thanks for starting this!

I've also been wondering about the numbered plans...does anyone have information about them?

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

marzbe
11-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Question to Kimberly, or whomever else wants to answer... When you find that you haven't eaten anything off plan for the day, but you didn't get everything in either, do you still call yourself POP?

Thanks everyone for the advice..

Tues- I am the same way with pasta.. I could eat until I made myself sick if I cooked enough at once.

Katy- You're right.. it is so much easier to think of things one day at a time.. It seems it is easier to talk myself into doing what needs to be done if I just look at it as making good choices today, instead of being on a "diet."

Lets have a POP day today ladies!! :)

As long as I get in all the exchanges I would've gotten in during the weight loss phase I consider myself POP. There are just some days that consuming my insane amount of exchanges just doesn't happen.

So minus a fruit and a starch, I ate the Red maintenace plan today--so I'll consider myself POP. ;)

marzbe
11-07-2007, 06:24 PM
If you're a fettucini person, go to hungry girl and get the fettucini alfreado recipe. The shiritake noodles count as 2 condiments per package. I've actually grown to like them more than pasta.

Tuesday Cool
11-07-2007, 11:16 PM
I love being able to tell myself just one day at a time. I wanted to eat crap today but I told myself that it was just one day and made it through without making a poor choice.
POP 4 days and counting.
I was only down 4 oz but I weighed in 4 hours later than usual and it is TOM (raging TOM I have never felt such strong food cravings)

I think I will celebrate with popcorn. thanks guys, T

Jamiep03
11-08-2007, 09:22 AM
I am on day 3 of pop. wooo hooo

Have a good day everyone

bradleys mom
11-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Me too Jamie! Starting day # 3 of being POP! :) Feels great and I may even hit 239 before this week is over! :)

EmilyLashea
11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
POP yesterday & started today off with a nice POP breakfast :) Hopefully my WI tomorrow will show my hard work...

aguerin
11-08-2007, 12:35 PM
O.K I have 4 days of POP behind me (even with the Pecan Pie and Stuffing I ate yesterday) !!! Love the Maintenance Plan and the scale was down 1 pound too. Course I was up a few from salty turnip greens over the weekend. I forgot about the salt when I was wolfing them down thinking I was doing good having this OP food. About 1 more to go and I will be down to my lowest (142). I may try to lose some more next spring, but not much more.

bradleys mom
11-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Awesome Amy! I am shooting for the 230's which will put me at a 4 year low! WOW, DH and I met on November 4th of 2003 and I weighed around 230. So I am excited (and so is he) that I am getting close to that weight again!! :):)

amylou7777
11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
ok I'm hesitant to post another POP day bc I just filled in my journal and while everything fits into a slot I'm not sure it was exactly POP. I think I over did it on the fat seeing as I had 1/2 mayo at lunch and then an unknown salad dressing for dinner. It was so yummy so I know it was not good for me. I tried to keep it to a small amount so I'm counting it as 1/2 a fat so that I'm still POP....lol-I know you all don't care but I don't want to cheat! I also think I went a little over on my dairy...hmmm

Regardless-I've been doing really well eating wise despite my extremely stressful week. I am thankful for this challenge bc you have all motivated me to stay on track and be honest with myself!

KEEP it up the weekend is almost here and I can't wait to post a POP weekend!

Lynx
11-08-2007, 02:11 PM
If you're a fettucini person, go to hungry girl and get the fettucini alfreado recipe. The shiritake noodles count as 2 condiments per package. I've actually grown to like them more than pasta.

Hi Megan,
Question for you - are the shiritake noodles condiments on the maintenance plan or are they considered condiments on the regular plans as well?
Another question for you - are marshmallows on maintenance? How many? I am looking forward to a few marshmallows in the future now that it is hot chocolate season.

Thanks

week 44
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 54 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost achieved

aguerin
11-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Lynn: On the maintenance information that I have (from the colored plans) 1 Large Marshmallow is 1 condiment.

Lynx
11-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks Amy for the info. I used to use miniature marshmallows so I will have to figure out how many miniatures are comparable to 1 large.

week 44
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 54 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved

chiquita623
11-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies. I'm so proud of myself - POP 3 days in a row!!! That's almost unheard of for me. I usually fall off the wagon ever so slightly but not this time. It must be the accountability to all of you. So for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!!!!!

Amy - you are doing so well. Keep up the good work.

Kimberly - you'll get in the 230's before you know it and then you'll wonder why you were so stressed about it!!

Amy - I don't handle stress well. I go from one extreme of eating everything except the cabinets to the other of not eating for days at a time. Hopefully things will begin to calm down for you so that the holiday is enjoyable.

Better look at the top of my desk before I leave here so I'll talk to you all later. Have a POP evening.

BarbaraB
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
My 4th day of golden POPness is going fairly well, although I might have had a bit more guacomole than allowed, but then again I just used a couple of teaspoons.. You get a whole 1/4 of an avocado, so I'm thinking I was OK. They brought in Taco Del Mar for lunch today and I made myself a chicken salad with a little guac on it... tasty.

I am starting to get really hungry on gold, but just need to hold on for a week... I promised myself to do a week on it...I woke up last night to my stomach growling... I'm better today though. This challenge is making me stick with it. Thanks guys, I would have gone down and ate something last night instead of laying in bed and listen to my stomach growling.

Ternoway
11-08-2007, 07:52 PM
I've been POP since Moday, except maybe for dinner tonight. I had my mom's homemade split pea soup which is very healthy and low cal but I have know idea how to count it. I've also managed to get in some excercise this week which is where I really need motivating!

EmilyLashea
11-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Ternoway, I'm with you on not knowing about dinner. My dinner could have been better, but it definately could have been worse. I had a chicken finger in the oven. It was breaded, so that could have been better, but atleast it wasn't fried from McDonald's. Oh well.. Otherwise it has been a POP day, so I'm satisfied.

Catway8
11-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry I havent been around. Well I have been checking in everyday just not posting. I have been sick for almost two weeks now with the darnest cold. I have been POP for the last 3 days. I go for weigh in tomorrow so hopefully I see a loss. I went on Wednesday and was down 3.2 but I had a gain of 1.9 (cause of TOM) the WI before. It is almost Friday woooohoooooo.... Think POP everyone and Have a great Friday!

:D:carrot::^:

Tuesday Cool
11-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Everyone around me is suffering from PMS!
Unfortunately, It is my PMS they are suffering from. I should have known, the uncontrollable cravings, the fantasies about food, the extreme irritation with all things living and not.
I have been horrid! Bloated, gassy, *****y and sad. I cried last night over the littlest thing.
And, have I mentioned that I cannot stop thinking about eating? I have had to stop myself from going the fast food all week.
Well, today is did not stop myself. I couldn't! I kept thinking that if I just let myself have a double cheese burger ($1 at mickie d's) I would stop being a horror. I thought that a few fries would quell the hormonal rage within.
I went to McDonald's drive-thru. I ordered a single hamburger (no cheese) and a a small fries. I sat in an empty parking lot eating my contraband! Huddled over the steering wheel like the wretched soul I have become.
As an consolatory response to my loving being a little thinner I did order a single hamburger (no cheese, mayo ect) and a small fries. I pulled off the top bun and only ate 20 fries. (I counted!) I wadded up the rest and tossed them into a dumpster right away.
My car still smells of fries. My sin follows me like the beating heart in "The tell tale heart" Thump, thump, thump.
I am too embarrassed to write down my "meal". But, I do not feel like killing every person I come in contact with! Sad, but true.
Not POP but still beating. T:devil:

aguerin
11-09-2007, 09:07 AM
:rofl: LOL Tuesday. Thank God I don't have Fast Food cravings to fight with. My TOM cravings have gone and the weight is coming off.

I was mostly POP yesterday but am counting it. I had to drop my fruit last night because of a medical test I am having done today. Can't have anything but WATER for 6 hours today before this test and they scheduled it for 1:30. What is wrong with these people?

Anyway, 5 Days of POPness for me!!!!

chiquita623
11-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Beginning day 4 of POP. Maybe I'm getting the hang of how to do this. Going to DD's in St. Louis this weekend. NOt too sure about being POP there. She doesn't have the same food stuff in her house and I do at mine. Guess I should stop at the store before I get there and just take my own stuff. Something to think about.

Tuesday - you are just too funny!! That was good and something I think we've all felt and maybe done while eating something completely off plan.

Amy - good luck with you scan today. My prayers are with you for good results.

Cathy - sorry you've been sick. Hope you're feeling better.

Better get busy. I'll be back later.

Jamiep03
11-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Hello All and Happy Friday,

Day for of pop and so far so good.

Beacon6
11-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi All!,
I'm on my 5th POP day! This usually happens then the weekend comes and all my hard work is down the drain. I don't know what I'm going to do! How do people avoid the temptations on the weekends? Good luck everyone!

chiquita623
11-09-2007, 12:35 PM
BarbaraB - I love that. Golden POPness. :rofl:

bradleys mom
11-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Wow This POPness is really paying off! I was down a total of 3.6 this week! :) So happy

BarbaraB
11-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Tuesday, Glad that you at least feel better. Sometimes you just have to eat something!

I am on day 5 of my Golden POPness!!!!! Hope the scale finally starts moving... got on it and it was UP this morning.... arg! but I knew that I had a salt overindulgence yesterday, so I don't even know why I bothered to weigh myself, except for extreme discouragement! Well did work for that, but today I'm going to drink the water and the HLW and try the scale again tomorrow.

Ternoway
11-09-2007, 08:45 PM
I've been POP today.

Tuesday, I know exactly how you feel! The smell of fast food lingers longer than cheap perfume in a department store. There is nothing worse to remind you of the guilt. I too have been known to hover over a steering wheel like some sort of criminal trying to avoid being caught (by who, I'm not sure) but I so get it! At least you had the control of only ordering what you needed to kill the craving and then threw out what you didn't eat. I have yet to reach that stage, if I fall off the wagon, I fall hard. Never mind ordering a small, I would have eaten every morsel so congratulations on using that self control even when your cheating a bit.

amylou7777
11-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Hi guys- today was so increadibly not POP-didn't eat all day from my nerves and then went to a bunco party where they made lasagna...luckily I didn't eat much!

TOMORROW is a necessary POP-I w/i as well.

Tuesday Cool
11-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Well I managed to climb back on the wagon. I was POP all day yesterday. I did trade one of my fruits and lites for two glasses of wine. but the way I see it this diet drives me to drink.
No, not really my career choice is driving me to drink. I had a friend and fellow animal welfare worker drop by on her way from work. she and I commiserated over the pressures that come with our jobs. Friday afternoons have a way of bringing in more animals than you have room and the pressure of juggling can cause some hard feelings toward people. Plus it was a really good bottle of merlot!

bradleys mom
11-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Well my POP day went POOP.... My mom and dad kept DS last night for the first time in forever. He hasnt been away from us at night in a year! So DH took me out to eat at cracker barrell where I indulged in chicken and dumplins with a side of dumplins... MM it was worth it... lol I am back POP today!

:)

BarbaraB
11-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Whoo hoo.... half way through Saturday and I'm still POP. I just have to hang on and have a good weekend for once. I plan on staying POP until Friday, which is not so long now.... of course then on Friday... well I already told my DH that I wanted champagne and lobster... Went to the spin cycling class this morning, so always challenging to stay POP after a big workout like that (for some reason it makes me crazy hungry). Oh well, so far so good. Had a lot of cucumber, since I don't really limit my veggies as much as I probably should (started the unlimited veggies on the first week of stabilization and never went back to counting them, but oh well, I don't think that extra cucumbers have really been my problem) Anyway, I can just feel in my body that I"m getting leaner.... Last weekend, I accidentally bought a size 6 skirt (it was on a size 8 hanger) I would never have even imagined that one would fit.... and I wore it before I noticed that the tag I cut off it said size 6 on it the night after I wore it and went to throw away the tag I had cut off... So even if the weight is not budging I think I'm shrinking... Maybe not a lot, but a little bit.

Kim0303
11-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Hey Ladies, Went to WI today. My counselor changed my menu for the day to try to see if I can get the scale moving quicker. So I quess I should be POP to see if it is going to work. Would probably have worked if I had just stayed POP. I can't seem to quit munching on things that my skinny DD has hid in her room. I know know the hiding place. Worce than an alcoholic!!!
Ok, We will see how tomorrow goes. Not POP today because I have been napping on and off all day and not eating on schedule. I am going to do dinner in a minute. Talk to you later.

Tuesday Cool
11-10-2007, 08:59 PM
I am going out to two meals today. I sat down this morning a figured out exactly what I could order at each then picked out what I could have for my other choices. My one cheat is that today I am not having my "lites" and taking the food exchange instead. extra 1/2 protein, extra starch, veggie, fruit ect.
The salad that cam with my lunch was extremely small so I had an extra 1/2 veggie so I am eating some cucumbers and hot tea with lime before I leave for dinner. I get to have sonomono (cucumber salad) sushi, rice and some orange slices for desert. Wish me luck because this is a weak area for me. I have been avoiding dining out because when I am out I always reason that I can splurge. And you know what happens next.