Support Groups - Sexy Chicks - Beautiful women losing weight and forming friendships 11/5/07-11/11/07

countrygirl7902
11-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Welcome to Sexy Chicks! :welcome3:
We are a support groups started by a few newbies who were looking for serious diet buddies. We are here to support and encourage each other on our weight loss journeys, and to remind each other that we are already beautiful people.:grouphug: We are different in many ways, but we are all willing to stick by each other through this challenging process. Anyone who is committed to weight loss and is looking for support (and also willing to give it!) is welcome to join! Look for our Bio's thread too so we can get to know each other!

countrygirl7902
11-05-2007, 08:14 AM
so... picking up where we left of in the last thread - i hate pics of my body too. i saw a pic of me this summer a the lake, and it was just gross. my hair and face looked cute and i was wearing what i thought was a cute outfit at the time (shorts, even though i'm rarely in shorts for good reason). but all i could see was my massive, pasty-white, thunder thighs glaring at me!

ugh, i got into my son's halloween candy again last night. i didn't binge like i did on wed night, but i definitely went over my WW points for the day (probably for the week. i stopped counting). :(

good news - my sis who lives with me is going to start WW with me! i'm so glad. it will be a lot easier for me at home if we're both planning meals together for the same goal. :carrot:

well, i'm home today cuz my son is sick. hope everyone has a great day!

losinitin07
11-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Good morning every one hope every one has a good day ,the sun is shining today for Nov looks like it going to be a nice day.Good job every one we are doing great.

Shimmeringsun
11-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi everyone,
Yuck Monday already, where does the time go!?
Countygirl, yeah pictures are nasty, I think I have lost weight and can see a bit of a difference then I see a new picture of myself and am like....nope nothing :lol: Don't worry about the chocolate, you will be back on track today, you are allowed to treat yourself, I did this weekend, and I refuse to feel bad about it, I am back to normal today. :)
That is great your sister will be starting with you, I find that makes alot of difference, my sister is my gym buddy and that really helps make us go to the gym regularly as we don't want to let each other down. Good luck with that!
I hope everyone else is doing well!

Smiling_Sara
11-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Good Morning everyone. I actually don't mind pics, I do avoid them to a certain degree, but I will be in them and flash my great smile. :) Everyone should do the same. Photo's are snapshots of our life and we should always know where we came from and fun things we have done throughout our lives.

Shimmeringsun
11-05-2007, 12:07 PM
BorntoFly, that's a very good point! Watch out cameras here I come! :D

unstoppable
11-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Happy Monday all,
Hope you guys have been behaving.

Shy Moment
11-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Borntofly
There are lots of pics of me but I am in the water, in a tube. Behind wood lol there is something always something in front of me or you can only see my face lol. We tried to find a full pic of me from last year so I had a before and after pic. I didn't take one right before I started to lose weight. We couldn't find even one.

Shimmering
I have lost about 30lbs and while others see a difference I don't see much of a difference. I thought I would in the pics that were taken at the zoo. I don't, oh well, maybe the next 30lbs.

Countrygirl
Always nice to have someone there with you for support.

mamamona
11-05-2007, 04:18 PM
People that don't see you very often will notice first. Those that see you every day, it's a gradual kind of thing.
I went to my mother in laws birthday yesterday and had a piece of cake. Just a small piece;) Walked at lunch for 30 minutes.
Hope everyone is having a great Monday.

countrygirl7902
11-05-2007, 05:41 PM
born to fly you have a really great attitude! thanks

shimmerinsun that's good to have a gym buddy. i don't workout with my sis cuz we have different work schedules. she goes in the am and i go after work. oh well. we can still keep each other accountable though which will help i hope

mamamona mmmm cake. do you walk a lot during lunch? that's a really good idea. keep it up!

OneLastTime
11-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi Ladies~
Well, I GAINED 1 lb. UGH!! What the heck? I'm acting all surprised but I knew it was risky with all the damn halloween candy around the house. Not to mention the.... ahem.... ice cream I ate two nights in a row last week. :o

Definately good luck on upcoming weigh-ins!!! Why haven't you gotten your period in two months? OMG... you aren't pregnant are you? :dizzy: I would crap my pants. Well, I'd also have some explaining to do as hubby had a vasectomy over a year ago. :D

You ladies HAVE to get in the pictures!!! I hate it too but I don't want my daughter looking back at our family life and thinking I was never around. I just usually stick her in front of me and smile big.... lol I am a scrapbooker though so I realized about a year ago that I was never in the pics so it looks like our daughter has had a great life with her dad and me nowhere to be seen. I changed that quick once I really realized it!!

I actually have a weight loss scrapbook page already made.... just waiting for my weight loss pics. I am planning on having hubby take a pic of me in the same place, same position for each 10 pounds lost. I think that will be a cool transition page!!! Of course I've had the page made for two years now!! :o

Have a great night ladies! Talk to you tomorrow!! Oh ya.... go drink a big glass of water. Right now.... seriously, stand up, move away from the computer and drink a nice cold glass of water. Move it... Move it.... Move it!!

AJinTN
11-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi All,

I hope you don't mind me joining you here. I saw 'Sexy Chicks' and thought this is where I want to be!

I got on the scale this morning and saw the highest number I've ever seen. So I have decided that this is day 1 of a new life. I've done LA Weight Loss in the past, and did well on the plan, but I think that getting in more exercise and trying to make better choices is really the goal for me. I have a new goal of 1000 minutes of exercise each month, and that (in addition to portion control) should get me to where I want to be.

I look forward to getting to know each of you!

mamamona
11-05-2007, 10:27 PM
OLT- I'm always the one behind the camera...not in front of it. But that is gonna change. That's a good idea about taking a picture after each 10lbs lost. You could make a "progressive collage".
I usually get an hour for lunch, so I eat/rest for 1/2 hr and then walk 1/2 hour. I also try to take the stairs more. I walked up 2 flights 3 times today. Maybe every little bit will help. I've also been walking the 1/4 mile or so from the parking lot to work instead of taking the shuttle bus. I figure the weather will stop that soon though.

Welcome AJ. :hug:

3 weeks until Thanksgiving. 7 weeks to Christmas. I really love to bake during the holidays but maybe I should skip it this year. There's only so many times you can taste test and not blow it! :devil:

Night everybody.

Shy Moment
11-05-2007, 11:30 PM
mama
I have started letting the hubby take a few pics here and there. We have one, just one, pic at my top weight. Have one at 172 and 176. I found one of me at 160. Can't wait to look at that pic and the new pic of me at 160 :)

:welcome3: ajintn

You found a great thread. Lots of great woman here. Sounds like you have some good ideas to get yourself where you want to be. I don't exercise as much as I should. Two 1 mile videos a day, which is about 45 min. That comes up to about 1350 min in 30 days.

Onelasttime
I hit early menopause right after my tubal when I was 30. Has gotten worse over the last year. Yes, I have had to put up with early menopause for 16 years lol. There idea of fixing it was to do a hysterectomy. I have read to much about them to have one done just so I don't have missed cycles or cycles that last longer than they should.

salsa sarah
11-06-2007, 03:23 AM
AJinTN__WELCOM!! glad to see you found us! I think you'll like it here we are all here to help each other I realy hope you enjoy it here. Congradulation on your disistion (sorry bout my spelling) to chang your life. You can do this we all can. just keep your head up. anyway good luck!!

OneLastTime
11-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Good Morning Ladies ~ :hug:

AJ ~ Welcome! We certainly don't mind you joining in... we'll all help each other. I see your tag says you're a Yankee stuck in TN... I'm from NY...where are you from? Good luck and check in often. ;)

Shy ~ OMG.... 16 years of early menopause... ugh. I'm 38 and have been officially told I am in early menopause but it's not too bad yet.... I'll let you know in 16 years... LOL Good luck with your weigh in. :hug:

Mama ~ ABSOLUTELY all those extra ways to get the exercise will definately add up. I'm proud of you, especially for walking when you could just hop on the shuttle bus. Hey... you never know, a nice brisk walk when it gets colder out might not be so bad either. Especially at the end of the day to get rid of work stress. Keep up the good work.:carrot:

Ya, my scrapbook page is complete, ready for me to just slap on a picture with each ten pound weight loss. My scrapbook ladies have seen it empty for two years. :o AND what's funny is I "forgot" to have hubby take the first pic at my highest weight and my first 10 pound loss and my 2nd 10 pound loss (I've lost 21 so far) but I'm having him take one tonight because I am getting serious (darn it!!) and want that page to be a nice progression of my efforts. ****, maybe I'll post it on the fridge til it's complete and then maybe I'll frame it and hang it above the fireplace. :lol:

Have a great day all ~ We CAN do this!!!

Shy Moment
11-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Onelasttime

Shimmeringsun
11-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a good day so far!

Shy I know what you mean, I have pictures where I have lost 30 pounds and I cannot see a difference, then other people are like......yeah we can tell *LOL* Ah well maybe one day I will notice a difference in myself.

Mamamona, that is true, I think people that see you daily don't see it at first. I had a co-worker say to me that for a long time she didn't notice a difference then all of the sudden one day she could really see the difference, that was probably because I was wearing a shirt that fit me and not 2 sizes too big ;) And good for you with the exercise, every little bit helps!

OneLastTime don't sweat it over the 1 pound, you will lose that before you know it along with more weight! :)

AJ Welcome to the group!

Countrygirl, I am glad that I have my sister to go to the gym with, as I am sure some nights I would just not go. I seem to be a in a good place right now though with sticking to the gym and working out at home the nights I don't go to the gym, I hope in a few weeks I will see a difference in my body. Plus most of my clothes I bought are a little too tight so I need to step it up so I can wear my clothes again :o

Take care everyone!

Shy Moment
11-06-2007, 11:41 AM
My son told me last night he could see my jaw line. I guess that was suppose to make me feel good, you know like, " Hey mom, your not as fat as you use to be " lolol. He means it in the best possible way but some day he is going to have a wife that is going to kill him lol.

Onelast
I wanted to say sorry about the 1 gain but don't get to down. You will have that 1 off in no time and more too.

Had to pick up paper work at the doc today so I went ahead and did a weigh in. Wasn't going to do one this week because it is dot time and I know I am all bloated and put on weight then. Thought I would just wait till next Wednesday but since I was there I couldn't resist. I was pretty happy. Still had a 1lb loss and I know I will drop a few more after dot is done. Can't wait till next Wednesday to do my weight in :)

OneLastTime
11-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Just checking in again....

Shy ~ Thanks for the Maxine comic... I just LOVE her!! Also, congrats on the weight loss... ESPECIALLY this week. Oh ya, don't you just love those comments that are meant to make us feel good but sometimes just don't? ugh

ShimmeringSun ~ Having your clothes that are just a little too snug is a good motivator to get moving to get into them comfortably. I have so many clothes at so many sizes. Ugh. Good luck... You can do it!!!

I have lost 21 pounds and only two people have noticed. One being my husband.... and he said one of "those" comments one night. Put his arms around me... backs up and says WOWWW.... This is nice, I can get my arms around you so much better. It was supposed to be a comment but I was kinda like :( that he had spent so long NOT being able to do that.
The other was my sister who hadn't seen me since before I started to lose any weight. The everyday people won't notice for a while.

Have a great day ladies!! :hug:

Smiling_Sara
11-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks everyone. I just think we are who we are at the moment, no reason to hide. I don't go running to a camera whenever I see one but I don't run away either. If I did I wouldn't be able to capture moments like this:

http://i20.tinypic.com/24m6zo5.jpg

I hope everyone is having a superb Tuesday!! :hug:

thinchicsoon
11-06-2007, 01:05 PM
HI sexy chics

You guys are great. I am lurker learning to be a poster.

I am glad to be part of this group

Lovely
11-06-2007, 03:47 PM
So I was away for the weekend and totally need to catch up on all the gossip & goings on... I'm just posting this to let you all know I'm still around! :D

Shy Moment
11-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Faerie
Hope you had a nice weekend.

thinchicsoon
Please post and enjoy the site. We love to have different people to chat with.

borntofly
My daughters has found all kinds of pics now. Everyone was just smart enough to make sure there were things in front of me or I was in the water. They didn't want me to steal the pics and burn them lol.

Onelasttime

Almost no one has noticed I have lost almost 30lbs. My son of course with his backhanded compliments and the hubby.

mamichula0633
11-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could join the group? My name is Karina, I am in California, had my baby a year ago and went from 180 lbs to 231 lbs. i was trying to get down to my goal weight of 160 when my husband and I got prego. I got a beautiful little girl.
I miss a lot of things from my old body,

1. Shopping at places I love like Express, the gap, and the black and white market

2. Walking into a store and not worrying if they will have my size

3. I am Latina so now I worry about type 2 diabetes

4. I used to be able to run 4 miles nonstop (I can't even do a lap these days)

5. Feeling beautiful.

I joined LA Weigh loss but quit because I had no motivation, I was doing ok too. So if anyone happens to have the purple meal plan laying around please msg me with it (please!) I am going to start going to Bally's today, my husband got me a subscription so I might as well use it. I have the support I need from my family but mu husband weighs 145 so he has no idea what it feels like to look at your Dolce&Gabbana dress and not being able to put it on and at the same time not having the heart to give it away. I am sure you guys know the feeling, that's why I joined 3FC.

NE ways let me stop rambling, and thank you guys for your support. :)

lostchick
11-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Hello everyone!
Don't you just love seeing pictures of yourself knowing you were just so cute that day and now looking back at it .... What was I thinking :)
My mom takes forever getting pictures developed so when she sees us she hands us pics from 2 christmas's ago and such kinda funny but I've been dreading seeing those fat pics. (argh!)

Daughters birthday weekend I had a small piece of cake and very little ice cream just to keep from answering questions (new diet is a secret... more on that later) and more carrots and cauliflower then I care to mention. I think I might be a new shade of orange today :) staying away from scale for a few days.

Shy Moment
11-06-2007, 08:30 PM
mamichula
You are more than welcome to join us. The more that join the more gossip we get to hear lol. I love to hear and laugh when someone says my husband and I got prego. How did he handle delivering a baby lol. I remember when I was prego my husband had very little to do with it lol. I don't recall the baby's crown breaking thru his body, I don't remember him having one labor pain. You have one heck of a husband :). Until my husband can go thru one of those things. I will take ALL the credit for being prego lol. I will sure give you all the support I can. From time to time might even make you laugh. Laughter is great medicine.

lostchick
You sound like another person that isn't talking about losing weight with the family. Try before and not stick with it? Have a family that isn't supportive? Well we know and we sure are your cheering section.

Lovely
11-06-2007, 08:35 PM
So OOOOOKAY! Being away from 3FC this weekend was killing me. I missed TWO workouts! And I've no doubt that had I been able to hop on, I would've gotten my butt in gear just seeing all you guys working hard >_<

A big ol' :welcome: to everyone new & jump on in & chat us on up as much as you want ^^ YAY! :hug: As you can tell from reading through the threads we just <3 to read about everyone's days and support eachother and give & receive advice, so don't hesitate.

You guys have been talking about pictures (I like that one Born, those pumpkins are huge!) and it reminds me that I regret not being in more... and I regret not having official starting pics taken. Oh well, I'm getting used to being in a couple more (not that picture taking is too common around my family & friends) and I'm planning on doing a mostly monthly "official" weight picture so that I can at least compare a few months apart to check for differences that I might not see daily.

You've also mentioned people not noticing. I'm part of that club! Here I am almost 60 lbs down and other than my fiance and mother (:lol:) I don't think I look much different, and I think everyone else agrees or I would've heard more by now (or at least that's the logic in my head talking). Don't get me wrong, I love focusing on how much healthier I am just being near 60 lbs down, but an occasional completely superficial positive compliment wouldn't bring me down or anything ^.^

lostchick - a small piece of cake & ice cream to celebrate never hurt anyone. You kept it small and you ate veggies :) I think that's positive & good! And yeah, I'm still pretty hush hush about the eating habits... and then I go and complain that no one's noticed ^^ lol I think I expect too much from people!

And Shy those comics have been making me smile!

lostchick
11-06-2007, 08:45 PM
OK somebody better notice if I lost 60 lbs! I would be shouting from the rooftops about it. I have little celebrations for my self but I know what you mean a little superfical hoopla is great for the ego too

Lovely
11-06-2007, 08:49 PM
:lol: Thanks lostchick! I know I have a ways to go, but yeah, a LITTLE encouragement in that department would be nice.

Shy Moment
11-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Borntofly
I wanted to say that is a great pic.

Faerie
You know, sometimes you just have to blow your own horn.

mamamona
11-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Good evening all!
Born, I love that pumkin picture. Who's that little girl bending down in front?Looks like the back of my kids head.
I think I could lose 50lbs and my husband might not notice. I always joke that I could dye my hair blonde (I'm brunette) and it would take him 2 weeks to notice lol.
Faerie, 60lbs is a lot of weight. You should be tooting a big horn. I don't see how anyone can not notice a 60lb weight loss, they must be blind. Think about how much healthier you are. 10% significantly reduces your risk for many ailments. I have a strong hx of diabetes in my family so that's another reason for me to get healthy.
Everybody have a good night. My hubby just got back from the UK game...yes, he went without me.

Lovely
11-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks Shy & Mama! *toot toot!* :lol: I feel healthier by far! It's sad to remember how I could barely climb stairs, and how achey my knees would be sometimes. All is not completely better, but the difference is amazing :) And knowing that just taking off this much has reduced my risk even the tiniest bit of certain diseases is great!

Checklist:
:hun: Food - :yes:
:running: Exercise - :yes:
:hat: Water - :yes:

G'night all!!!

mamichula0633
11-07-2007, 02:32 AM
Dear Shy moment, how funny that you mention delivery, here is a good story for you:

August 27 2006 11PM
I was having contractions and begged my hubby (Alex) to take me to the hospital where I was supposed to deliver. As a former member of the US Navy I had no choice but to deliver at Naval Medical Center San Diego. My mom was here to help with my baby girl so all 3 of us piled in the car with the car seat, overnight bags and were on our way. When I got to Labor and delivery they checked my cervix and said I was not having the baby for another week (I was already 5 days late). Tey told us I was having Braxton Hicks, to go home and rest.

1145 PM We get home and my pains continue (as they said they would) so I did not worry (because a COMMANDER told me I was ok) I tried to sleep on the bed but could not lay down so Alex and I crashed on our sectional.

August 28 2006 4AM
I got up cause I felt I had to go poo really bad but my knees gave out and I was laying in the living room floor, I felt wet and my pains were still pretty bad. That's when I told Alex to call 911

30 minutes later....

911 Operator guided my husband thrugh the delivery of our gorgeous daughter. My daugther was born 3 minutes befor the paramedics got there, I thank GOD every day she was a healthy newborn and I had no complications.

So believe me when I tell you...WE got prego lol

Lovely
11-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Oh my gosh Mamichula ^^ What a story to tell the daughter! SO glad there were no complications. And the husband really had a hands on role in the delivery! :lol:

Although I can't believe it would take 30 minutes for the paramedics to arrive! :?:

Shimmeringsun
11-07-2007, 07:42 AM
Hi everyone, we are slowy getting closer to the weekend woo woo!

Shy congrats on the weight loss!

Born that is a really nice picture! :) and you are smiling and not running away from the camera *LOL*

:welcome: thinchicsoon and mamichula0633

Faerie you are still alive!!! And 60 pounds down that is amazing, you should be so proud of yourself! :bravo: Lets have some cake to celebrate...oh wait that is what got me here in the first place....nevermind *LOL*

lostchic, good for you having small piece of cake and then eating veggies! Good willpower!

I am having another good week, my eating is good, getting in my exercise so I am feeling happy with myself so far!

Hope everyone has a good day! :)

Smiling_Sara
11-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Good evening all!
Born, I love that pumkin picture. Who's that little girl bending down in front?Looks like the back of my kids head.
I think I could lose 50lbs and my husband might not notice. I always joke that I could dye my hair blonde (I'm brunette) and it would take him 2 weeks to notice lol.
Faerie, 60lbs is a lot of weight. You should be tooting a big horn. I don't see how anyone can not notice a 60lb weight loss, they must be blind. Think about how much healthier you are. 10% significantly reduces your risk for many ailments. I have a strong hx of diabetes in my family so that's another reason for me to get healthy.
Everybody have a good night. My hubby just got back from the UK game...yes, he went without me.

She is one of my cousins little girl. My sister and I took her to the pumpkin farm and a petting zoo one day. Her and I get along great. I can't wait to have kids of my own one day. Here is a better pic of her and I. It's from a halloween party. http://i20.tinypic.com/2r753f7.jpg

Smiling_Sara
11-07-2007, 08:09 AM
and thanks everyone for the nice comments on the pumpkin picture...we had a great time. :)

Hope everyone had a great night, I just got back from my workout since I knew I wasn't going to be home tonight for it.

Smiling_Sara
11-07-2007, 08:10 AM
dang, how come that pic turned out so big? lol anyone know how I can make it smaller?

theflock24
11-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi all, a newbie here...I joined on Monday - the first day of actively trying to lose weight. I know I am not alone when I say that I've struggled for years with my weight.. up and down, up and down. After getting married in June - I let myself go and ate what I wanted and stopped exercising so yep you know how the story goes......
So I am back to the gym and watching what I eat
After reading through the posts I have been looking through my wedding photos - I really am not photogenic (not sure if thats how you spell it!) - I lost weight / toned up for my wedding but when I look back now I'm still not happy !
Why isn't there a magic wand ????

OneLastTime
11-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Good Morning Ladies :hug:

TheFlock24 ~ Welcome!! We are a great group who give and receive lots of support. Stay around and enjoy!! :wave:

Born to Fly ~ What an AWESOME pic of you and your niece. ;)

Shimmeringsun ~ It's so nice to hear someone say they are "Happy with myself"... Keep up the good work!! ;)

Mamichula ~ What an amazing story to share with your daughter. HUGE kudos to you and your hubby for a successful delivery. I'm wondering too, where the heck were the paramedics??? :?:

Faerie ~ You should definately toot your own horn!! Afterall, who are we doing this for?? OURSELVES!!!! Don't be sad remembering "back when".... just go forward remembering you never want to feel that way again!! :carrot:

I gotta say... if I got down 60 lbs. and people didn't notice I would put a freakin' sign on my forehead to announce it!! :D I guess it probably depends on how much you have to lose in total but STILL!!! :tantrum:

Shy ~ I understand people saying "we" got pregnant and my hubby definately did his share during the pregnancy rubbing lotion on my belly every night so I wouldn't get stretch marks (didn't work btw), tieing my shoes when I couldn't reach, squeezing over to the edge of the bed every night cuz having that huge body length bed pillow in the bed with me was more important than him (lol), blah, blah, blah.... BUT I'm with you about the delivery. There is no way in **** he could have carried that baby OR handled the delivery!! Puuulease... he would have been begging us to kill him at the first contraction as I'm sure most of our hubbies would have!! I did it with no drugs and I felt so incredibly empowered when it was all over. I was amazed at the whole process.
We are women, hear us roar!!! :cheer:

Mamamona ~ You are so right to take care of your health BEFORE you get diabetes with the strong family history. Good for you!! ;)

Have a great day ladies ~ I'll check in later. :hug:

Shy Moment
11-07-2007, 09:28 AM
LOL I still say some of us were very lucky to have our husband join in the event of expecting our children but they were never prego lol. My children's father just about delivered her in the car. I was at the hospital 5 min lol. Great stories everyone.

Welcome
The flock

Lovely
11-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Shimmering - Heck yeah we're getting closer to the weekend! :woohoo:

Born- What an absolute CUTIE!!! Omgosh what curly hair ^^ (And such a beauty holding her, too!)

And :welcome: Flock to our little flock! ^^ Looking good in pictures actually takes practice as strange as it seems. I've got a very pretty friend who just is not photogenic. It's the weirdest thing!

mamichula0633
11-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Thank you all for your comment, it will be a great story to tell my daughter some day.

As I read your comments about pictures I remember my own aversion towards them. I take pictures when I go out with friends and that's it! I hate it when my husband takes pics of me just lounging and without make up.

THEFLOCK24: I know what you mean, I don't take pretty pictures too often either. I got friends that turn and smile and bam! amazing pics, but if I'm not careful with my angles, my double chin pops outta nowhere! lol

As I read posts about pictures I realize the truth as one member said, "you gotta get in the picture when it comes to your kids, otherwise you will have no memories with them.
_______________________________*************______ _____________

Well yesterday I went to the gym and tried a group exercise called Zumba, it's a bunch of latin dances put together with aerobics, it was awsome! I guess I like Group Exercise because I want to show all the small girls that I can do it too (and the pressure af all the girls looking keeps me from quitting)
How do you guys deal with the gym? do people look at you funny or is it just me? Anyone with a gym horror story? lol

theflock24
11-07-2007, 11:38 AM
thanks for the welcome everyone.
I've got 20 mins before I'm off to the gym - my arms / back / legs are aching already from yesterday's class!
Wish me luck.... catch up tomorrow.

Lovely
11-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Mamichula - WTG on going to the gym & trying Zumba! Keep at it if you like it ^^

I use a small gym that's downstairs at the building where I work. (Really convenient and hard to say "oh I don't have the time..." to.) I don't usually find people looking at or talking to me. Most gyms that I have been to over the years are similar. People are usually focusing on what they're doing or on the TV.

Although once I'm pretty sure these two teenagers were talking about me. First one turned around, looked straight at me, and then said something to her friend who also then turned around to look at me. (I'm not being paranoid about this, I was the only person using a treadmill in the back row.) I just looked straight back at them. If they were talking about me... well what can I do? Besides it may have been something great like "Oh my, what a gorgeous woman. And she's doing so well on that treadmill. Indeed. Probably quite intelligent, too. I'm certain she's a rocket scientist." :lol: In my dreams! I'm quite used to being different, and have developed a very useful thick skin. I just keep doing what I'm doing no matter who is around ;)

Shy Moment
11-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Faerie
That is nice to have a gym handy. I just have walking videos.

lostchick
11-07-2007, 03:52 PM
I never had much of an issue at the gym but I could only go to one of the water areboic classes due to the time and it was filled with much older people so they would slow everyting down. I gave up it was boring and wasn't doing much good motivational wise. Then I decided to try again just the same time that the gym decided to go co-ed everyday for cardio.

no thanks.

OneLastTime
11-07-2007, 04:50 PM
My issue with the gym is getting there!!!
I feel so good once I'm there... I feel so proud once I leave but I just don't GO!! What's up with that?? So annoying.

OneLastTime
11-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Just curious.... Any scrapbookers in our group? I love to scrapbook... do it every week from 6-9 at my house on Tuesdays. Have a good group of about 8 ladies that come every week. We have a glass of wine or two, purge about our lives, whine about our hubbies... lol and maybe actually get a page or two done!! :D

Shy Moment
11-07-2007, 07:04 PM
onelasttime
I have kept scrap books for my children since before they were born. Will give them to each of them when they have their first child. The ending of my scrap book will be their first child's photo. If they decide to not have children the I will end the scrap book with their wedding picture.

Lovely
11-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I've never had a scrapbooking hobby or a sewing hobby or a book club hobby, but I love the idea of getting together every couple weeks with friends to just chat & gossip & laugh. I've never had that! *jealous* ^^

OneLastTime
11-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi ladies ~

Faerie ~ I'm telling you... the weekly get togethers are a blast. Sometimes we laugh, sometimes we cry (seriously), we complain about spouses, friends, work, etc., we tell jokes, we talk about (Shhhh) S-E-X and funny stories related to it like being "caught" by our children. OMG... I laughed so hard. Especially because one friend who I can't even imagine "doing that" to begin with burst out with this story that was hysterical. I see her in a whole new light! LOL

Oh ya... and hubby loves it too cuz with people coming in the house every week it's clean all the time!! My daughter loves it cuz some of the scrapbook moms bring their daughters so they get to hang out too.

Shy ~ That is such a lovely idea. Do the kids know about them or will they be a total surprise? I just think it's awesome either way.

Have a good night everyone.

Shy Moment
11-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Onelasttime
Oh yes they know about it. From the time they were old enough we would keep everything they did at school in a box. At the end of the year they would pick three things to put in their scrap books. All cards and such are saved in there also. Pictures they have drawn or colored for me. Different things. I have no one to do anything with. This is just the kids and I.

mamamona
11-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Hey girls!
Welcome to Flock. I used to love Jazzercise classes back before I got pregnant. I went at least 5 night a week. Had buns of steele, abs of steele...well you get the picture.;) Then I got pregnant. The baby was stillborn at 7 months. Had 20lbs to lose but didn't due to depression etc. Got prego again and had my oldest. Again 20 more lbs on top of the first 20. Too busy to lose. Messed up birth control pills and got prego AGAIN. You got it. 20 more lbs. I can literally blame my weight on my kids:D And LITTLE DEBBIE. :D Man I craved those things when I was pregnant. It's funny though, I never gained weight unless I was pregnant. I've weighed the same thing for 4 years since my youngest was born. But now the scale is slowly starting to fall. I have determination :carrot: Oh yeah, I lost another pound this week.:smug:
Night everybody. Catch ya later.
BorntoFly-that's a great picture of you and your niece. She isn't spoiled is she???

salsa sarah
11-08-2007, 03:51 AM
hellow evryone I havent ben here in a few days
well I lied I have I just havent posted Ive ben going on right befor I knok out and go to bed,you know the time your brain just stops working so well after all the drama of the day. This also is one of thouse nites but I desided I had to check in
I have gon to the gym two days in a row now It feels great. I plan to keep going often. My diet is going well Iv lost another lb wich is amazing because this is the time of the month when my wait gose up for a fue days if you know what I mean.
ANyway I hope evey one is doing well
we ROCK remember that OK
Alright,sexy chicks good nite or morning depending on the way you look at it

Shimmeringsun
11-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Hi everyone,

mamichula0633 well I have a gym horror/embarrassing to me story. I was on the treadmill beside this cute guy and all of the sudden my mp3 player unsnapped from my arm and landed on the treadmill. Well being me, instead of STOPPING the treadmill I proceed to try and pick it up while the treadmill is going, and basically flounder around and go flying off the back. The only good thing was I did land on my feet *LOL* I look up and everyone in the gym is looking at me :o and the cute guy is like OMG you almost gave me a heart attack. I basically just about died, thank god it was a Friday night so I had the whole weekend to get over it!

Faerie, um **** yeah they were saying look at that hot lady on the treadmill! :)

lostchick I like my gym being co-ed then I can stare at the cute guys working out and it makes my workout go much nicer ;)

OneLastTime I don't scrapbook though I have all the supplies to do it, I spend more money on nice paper and stickers, then never finish it :rolleyes: though I do cross stitch, that keeps me busy and out of trouble!

momamona congrats on the one pound weight loss! :)

salsa sarah congrats on the weight loss and going to the gym!

Take care everyone!

Shy Moment
11-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Shimmering
Heck I thought that was the reason all you woman went to they gym instead of working out at home. The eye candy lol Oh I bet you just thought you looked like the most sexy thing in the world flying off the treadmill lol.

Sarah
Nice going on more loss. That is what we all want to hear.

mama
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I personally understand how hard that is. Can't blame any of this on my kids lol. I weighted 120 when I got peggie with both of them and 120 after I had both of them.

Shy Moment
11-08-2007, 05:00 PM
onelastime
I have no idea why it says that lol. I have no idea where I am most of the time. Why should anyone else. Right here in ohio breed and born and raised lol. Have been all over the country and have no desire to live anywhere else. Heck I bought a house about 10 min from the house I grew up in.

OneLastTime
11-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Shy ~ You really should look at it because it links to "quite the profile" about someone called Shy Moments which is maybe something fine for you or maybe not but you should at least know about it. ;)

Does your hubby enjoy looking at your scrapbooks? Mine's gotten very good at asking to see my pages... whether he is interested or not is a different story but he plays the game well. :D

Lovely
11-08-2007, 07:10 PM
What a day!

Mamamona - WTG on the pound down!! :cheer:

Sarah - W00t for your weight loss! I'm so excited for you for getting to the gym! It can be soooo tough, but yeah afterwards *bliss*! And hells yeah we ROCK!

Shimmer - Your story almost made me spit out my drink >_< You probably looked like you did that on purpose!!! Should've ended it with a "Ta da!!!!" & a :encore: :lol:

First, since it's my weigh-in day. I'm officially the same! :dizzy: This is okay! Hectic week filled with medical problems and not so much exercising and busy busy busy at work. So, you know what? I didn't go down, but I didn't go up! Tomorrow's a new day and I'll get my butt into gear this week.

Blargh news is that I have an unforunate (and painful :() womanly medical problem that is requiring a week of antibiotics. But, I've started on them, and I'll be fine, so this is really just a minor bump in the road!

But the great news about today is that I had an interview at work for a different position within the same company, and the supervisor offered me the job on the spot. I was amazed. (They never do that!) Of course I accepted. So within a month I'll be getting trained for a new job ^^

Now if I could just get my fiancé to find out if we can have our wedding outdoors at his mother's home then things would be just swell!

I hope everyone's day & evening has gone great!

countrygirl7902
11-08-2007, 07:24 PM
hey ladies - i have the same excuse as salsasarah for not posting lately. i get on the site, and i'm so tired from my day that by the time i read all of your great posts, i just don't have any energy to type! :tired:

i'm doing ok but having a hard time staying out of the left-over candy. my son going to his dad's for the weekend, so i'm gonna send a bunch along with him. let them get fat lol (i know that's not nice).

my ticker's not really accurate. i lost another pound, but i think i gained it back during a candy binge. :o i'm gonna wait to weigh myself again in the hope that i lost it again lol.

Shimmering you are so brave! if i stumbled off a treadmill, i'd probably never go back. i'm glad you can laugh it off and keep going!:woops:

:welcome2: to all the newbies that have joined us in the last couple days! glad you're here!

countrygirl7902
11-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Faerie good job in holding steady through a tough week! i'm sorry to hear about your medical problem. :hug: but congrats on the new postition! :bravo:

:grouphug: Keep up all the good work Sexy Chicks!

Smiling_Sara
11-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Good Morning Ladies :hug:

Born to Fly ~ What an AWESOME pic of you and your niece. ;)

Thanks...she's actually my 2nd cousin though. No nieces or nephews for me yet. :)

Smiling_Sara
11-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Shimmering - Heck yeah we're getting closer to the weekend! :woohoo:

Born- What an absolute CUTIE!!! Omgosh what curly hair ^^ (And such a beauty holding her, too!)

And :welcome: Flock to our little flock! ^^ Looking good in pictures actually takes practice as strange as it seems. I've got a very pretty friend who just is not photogenic. It's the weirdest thing!

awe, thank you very much. She does have major curles...all natural too.

Smiling_Sara
11-08-2007, 07:50 PM
My issue with the gym is getting there!!!
I feel so good once I'm there... I feel so proud once I leave but I just don't GO!! What's up with that?? So annoying.

I am the exact same way. I don't like working out but once I'm done I feel soooo good and so accomplished ( I think that is the word I am looking for )

Shy Moment
11-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Onelasttime
OH MY GOSH that is NOT me. I am Shy_Moment not Shymoments. For heavens sakes. I have had this name for years and years and years. Nothing is sacred lol.

Faerie
I am sorry about your medical problem but happy for you about the job.

OneLastTime
11-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Shy Moment ~ :eek: ~ I didn't think it sounded like you but then again I thought well, maybe she just hasn't told us all there is to know about her yet. :lol:

Shy Moment
11-08-2007, 09:15 PM
onelasttime
There isn't THAT much to know about me lol.

salsa sarah
11-09-2007, 12:44 AM
:Dthank you to
shimmeringsun
shy moment
faerie and contrygirl17902
for the supoprt and to everyone els just for coming here and visiting
I truly want to thank all of you for encoragement
this is a great room and it gives me a extra reson to keep up the (wait lose) by the way Im a realy bad speller so if im spelling wait lose rong some one please tell me ok?
so enough with the sappy stuff
I went to the gym today again I cant belive it but I am therowly worn out
I took my first yoga class today OMG it was so hard I never knew it was such a work out I almost walked out at the end
I had started to feel dizy which I know isnt good
anyway she told us we were going to do the cool down so I stayed but goodness it was not what I expected
I gess I just though it would be calm stretching, not forwad dog and downward dog where I feel like Im going to just tip over
well all and all it was a good experience but I need to practice the poses at home

Lovely
11-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Thanks everyone :) I am excited about the job!

Lola & Sarah & Anyone else thinking about this including myself - This thread is all about being here when we can to support & encourage eachother, not forcing ourselves to be on everyday at 6:43 PM EST. I happen to one of those people who enjoys typing very much so, and I enjoy reading about everyone's day all day long :lol: As long as everyone feels comfortable to post when they want to that's all that matters ^^ The support is clearly felt no matter! :grouphug:

Lola - Definitely send that candy out of the house fast!!! ^^ Just don't wait too too long to weigh yourself. You may not have actually gained that much (if anything).

Sarah - Yay! For getting to the gym yet again :D And yoga is MUCH more difficult than I ever imagined. Don't get me wrong I love it, and it really does help with balance & muscle toning, but omgosh it is not what I thought it was at all.

So, GOOD MORNING :sunny: everyone ^^ And I hope you all have interesting days!

Shimmeringsun
11-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Hey everyone, :dancer:IT'S FRIDAY!! :dancer: (I thought I would remind anyone that might have forgotten *LOL*

Shy, at first I was like co-ed gym no way...then I got there and was like hmmm this does have its advantages, well that was until the treadmill incident :p I swear the guy beside me thought I was a "special" person haha

Faerie I would have but my luck I somehow would have gone flying back and hit the wall or something, as only stupid things happen to me I swear! :lol: But good news that you stayed the same, its always better than gaining right? :) And congrats on the new job, way to go! I see both you and I are on early in the morning, I come on at work before I start, too bad I couldn't get paid for it too!

countrygirl7902 congrats on the 1 pound weight loss!! Yeah get that candy out of the house, its a big temptation for sure! As for the treadmill, I didn't want to go back at first but then I thought oh heck I will probably do something like that again so I might as well go back *LOL*

Sarah good for you trying yoga, its supposed to be really good for you, keep at it you will get better each time you go!

Have a great day everyone, my supervisor is off today so I get to be her backup and pretend to know what I am doing.....:eek: So if I make it through today without eating 10 pounds of chocolate it will be a good one!

unstoppable
11-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Hola Senoritas y Senoras

I started the fat smash diet on wednesday and so far its been great. I find it easy to follow and so far so good. I already feel lighter. Happy weight loss all.

OneLastTime
11-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Hi Ladies ~
I feel like I come here a lot but then when I look in the mornings I feel like I miss so much... must be a timing issue. AND it depends if it's a day I'm working or not since I only work part time. I love to post and read how everyone has been doing several times through the day.... that darn sleep time gets in the way at night though. :D

Unstoppable ~ I've never heard of the fat smash diet but I'm glad it's working for you so far... stick to it.

Shimmeringsun ~ Maybe just 10 oz. of chocolate??? Just eat one oz. per hours, that will get you back home again. Do you find your coworkers treating you differently when you are "the boss" vs. days you're not?

Faerie ~ They must really want you if they hired you on the spot!! You go girl!! and WHY wouldn't they ;)

Salsa Sarah ~ Good for you for not only trying something new but for sticking to it til the END!! Woo Hoo ^5 (that's a high five btw). Keep it up!! I don't think any of us would be successful in our weight loss without the support of everyone here so thank YOU too!!

Shy ~ Good morning to you!! Ahhhh, I bet there's at least one secret or two in there somewhere!! LOL

Born to Fly ~ It's too bad we couldn't have that "after the gym feeling" BEFORE we went which would make us go more!! tee hee

Countrygirl ~ Awesome job on the pound lost... Don't go looking for it...it's not in the bottom of that Candy Bowl. Actually, if you get to the bottom maybe you will find it. :o So pack that candy and send it to the ex!!! ****, leave it out for the mailman... just get rid of it!!

If I've missed anyone... I'm sorry... trying to keep up.. :hug:

New about me ~ I've started a new weight loss program. I started it on Tuesday and I'm doing pretty well with it so far. It's a cool program called The Accu Weight-Loss Program "The Bead Diet" and yes, that is B-E-A-D.... not bread. lol It combines american & asian philosophy using accupressure beads, chi gong breathing and dieting. I've always liked the holistic approach to things so I'm enjoying it. The diet is pretty restrictive so that is a little challenging but I'm doing it!!! Wish me luck ladies!!!

AND .... Have a great day... I'll check in soon. :hug:

Shy Moment
11-09-2007, 01:15 PM
lol not many secrets here. I am pretty much an open book. I go to church, I bake bread. I make the kids do their chores buy standing over them with a whip and chair lol. Just a every day average mother lol.

Sarah
Just think in a few months you will be saying " I went to yoga class today, man was it easy but I really enjoyed it " lol So glad we help.

Shimmering
You are just to funny. You should have looked at the man and said. I haven't seen eye candy like you in years. You got to me. lolol

OneLastTime
11-09-2007, 02:04 PM
There you go shimmering.... Blame it on HIM next time.....
It's all YOUR fault you know... if you weren't so d*mn hot I wouldn't have been distracted and fallen off. purrrrrrr :s:

Shy Moment
11-09-2007, 04:27 PM
The exercise is really paying off I think. I generally lose 1lb a week. That has been fine with me. Easy on the body and the skin. I didn't gain it in a day I won't lose it in a day.

This week because of paper work I have been at the docs office three times. Today I had to take my daughter in for her weight in. I am not doing my weigh in until next Wednesday because of my dot. I never do a weigh in a few days before the dot starts or basically the week of the dot. Anyway. since i was there lol I have done a weigh in. So far I have lost 4lbs in the last two weeks. I can't wait until my weigh in next Wednesday when the dot has been over for a few days to really see what I have lost lol. The exercise must be paying off.

mamamona
11-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Hey everybody. It's Friday:cb: I have a three day weekend. I never could understand how you can work for the Veterans Affairs hospital and then they close most of the hospital on Veterans Day. But I'm not complainin' cause it gives me a much needed day off.

Faerie-Congrats on the new job. Hopefully less stress and more pay!!!

I haven't got to walk the past couple of days..too busy. I feel like I'm starving to death and this weight isn't coming off very fast. :( Slowly but surely I keep telling myself.

Hope everybody has a fantastic weekend. My hubby is going hunting and me and the girls are on our own.

Lovely
11-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks again to everyone for the "congratultions". Turns out I'll be starting on Monday! Eeek! Oh well, I can handle it.

Shimmer - I do the same thing! Pop on at work just to check things out ^^ Keeps me motivated through the day.

Unstoppable - So glad to see you've found something that's working for you! It's very important. :D

OLT - I'm practically glued to this site already. I'm probably going to start dreaming about posting in threads. :lol: And of course, the very best of luck & willpower for your new program. It sounds really interesting! I'd love to hear more about how it works ^^

Shy -Four pounds in 2 weeks is great work!!! I can't wait to hear about your official weigh in. :) Exercise can be a super boost.

Mamamona - I'm sorry to see that you feel you're starving! :( That's never ever good. It'll only lead to those poor choices later on. >_< You'll make the time for the exercise when you can. It's so very important to feel satisfied that, in the meantime, I'd suggest sitting down this weekend and working out some meals that are going to give you the most bang for your buck. (Ya know... calorie buck.) After all, since this is for the rest of our lives we can't feel like we're forever going to be starving. :hug: And slowly but surely agreed! They've found that those taking the weight off at a slower healthier rate are more likely to keep it off than those doing the quicksuperfastunhealthycrash diets. You'll get there. :yes:

So then. ... Ah yeah, my checklist!

:hun: Food - :yes:
:running: Exercise - :yes:
:hat: Water - :yes:

I'm off for the weekend, but hopefully I'll find a moment or two to pop in & say "howdy!" Everyone have a super wonderful weekend!!!

:grouphug:

Shy Moment
11-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Faerie
I only do two little videos a day. The one in the morning including the toning I do with it is 29 min and the one in the evening including the toning that is at the end of it is 23 min. That is it. Who would have thought that 52 min a day, just that little bit was going to help.

lostchick
11-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Hey CHICKS,

So I got this pedometer and decided to try it out one day at work. ONE day a normal 6am - 2:30 DAY I walked 9209 steps I had my husband calculate it out it was like 5 miles and only like 200 something calories, YIKes I thought it would be more but oh well. So that last 3 days it's been pretty much the same. all close to 9000-9500 ish so why on earth are my legs so huge :( I'm up and down ladders half the day so you'd think I would have buns of steel but really I've got a booty with a shelf (argh!) Just thinking out loud today, sorry.

Onelasttime ~ too funny I had a instance where I almost fell off the treadmill I was wearing those slip on tennis shoes (I don't know what I was thinking) Thank god no one really noticed.

No losses to report darn it.

lostchick
11-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Salsa Sara Oh yeah I tried this yoga video at home on day I thought ok this isn't so bad so I restarted the video and did it again well the poses that I could do

and yeah the next morning I couldn't move

salsa sarah
11-10-2007, 03:10 AM
lostchick__ BTW ya day after yoga I could hardly move eather. I realy hert myself. but thats ok My step mom on the other hand sed she never wanted to go again unless theres a senior version. I think I'll get a vidio to do at home
I didnt go to the gym today. my body probly needs the rest though. tomarow Im going to this BIG yard sell at my grandmas all the nabors get together and have a mini swap meet. so I'll get some exersize moving everything around geting ready. anyway ladys I gata go talk to you all latter

countrygirl7902
11-10-2007, 10:04 AM
salsasarah don't worry about your spelling! lol this isn't english class. just us girls chatting! and good luck with the yoga. i've never taken a class but i should one of these days. i just do it at home with a DVD and i really like it. probably if you practice at home, it'll get easier. just be careful so you don't really hurt yourself!!! :yoga:

faerie/shimmering/onelasttime i went ahead and weighed and i didn't actually gain anything! i'm the candy slowed down my lose, but at least i'm holding steady. and yes i did get rid of most of the candy temptation! i gave all the chocolate to my brother-in-law who can eat anything and not gain an ounce!:eating2:

unstoppable what's the fat smash diet?

shy keep up the good work exercising. i think 1lb a week is great. actually sometimes when i lose more than that i wonder if i'm just not being healthy enough, know what it mean?

mamamona i know it's frustrating when the weigh doesn't come off fast. but just keep at it. if you're feeling really hungry, maybe you need to find different kinds of food that are more filling but low in fat??:?: i don't have any really great ideas. except before dinner i eat a big salad with fat free dressing to fill me up a bit more. and i drink what seems like gallons of crystal light lol

well i'm sure i missed someone. i can't keep up! lol

well i'm sitting here eating eggs and bacon. i don't even want to know how many weightwatchers points that is!!:eek: but i'm visiting my boyfriend who lives 3 hours away and he cooked for me! :chef:so i'm cheating a bit this weekend.

countrygirl7902
11-10-2007, 10:13 AM
I had my husband calculate it out it was like 5 miles and only like 200 something calories, YIKes I thought it would be more but oh well.
No losses to report darn it.

lostchick i think walking 5 miles without even trying is pretty good! but now that you know you can probably increase it if you want to. and no worries about no new loss. you'll get there. keep it up!:hug:

Shy Moment
11-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Country
I know exactly what you mean. I even came home and looked at my fit day to make sure I had been eating enough. Yes, I had. Have no idea why the weight loss except the extra exercise tape and that doesn't really make sense. I have only added that second tape everyday the last 9 days. Once or twice I have had more than the 2 lb loss at my every other week weigh in. So, maybe it is just a fluke. More than 1lb a week catches my eye because that is the amount I am comfortable with. It is a nice steady healthy weight loss. Could also be because I missed my cycle last month and this was just stored up. When the cycle finaly got back nsync I took the extra off the body had been storing.

unstoppable
11-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Country girl-The fat smash diet is the diet that was developed by Dr. Ian Smith, which the contestants on Celebrity Fit Club use. The diet is broken into I believe its 4 phases. Phase 1, which is the part I am on last for 9 days. And during this phase you eat mostly fruits and vegetables. You are allowed brown rice, oatmeal, egg whites, tofu, beans and non-fat yogurt. You cannot eat/drink fried foods, reg. or diet soda, white rice or bread during these 9 days. Each phase builds upon the next where you gradually add things back into your diet. The theory is that by the time you re-introduce certain food items into your diet you will no longer crave sweets/fattening foods, although you can eat them in moderation. Hope that was a good explanation.

Shimmeringsun
11-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all having a great weekend! I did my weigh in today and lost 2 pounds :goodscale It is my TOM so I am excited that I did lose.

Shy congrats :bravo: on the 4 pounds in the past two weeks, and I agree on the exercise helping out, I have noticed a difference since I started working out more.

mamamona sorry to hear that you are having trouble and starving, maybe you are not eating enough? I basically eat like 6 times a day I think I am always eating :eating2: *LOL*

Faerie, wow your job is starting sooner than you think, good news for you!

lostchick that is alot of walking! You will see a difference, just give it some time :)

countrygirl, good for you giving up that chocolate, now that temptation won't be around to whisper to you when you walk by it :lol: and eggs and bacon.....:drool:

unstoppable good luck with the fat smash, you will have to let us know how things are going with it for you!

Well my knees are aching today, I have inherited my mom's and grandma's bad knees, I am hoping once I lose more weight it will help out.
Take care everyone!

Shy Moment
11-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Shimmering
Congrats. That is exactly what I was saying. I never do a weigh in a few days before my dot is due and not during at least the first few days. I was excited just to see I had lost at all during that time. You are doing great.

unstoppable

Please, let us know how it goes.

Shy Moment
11-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Shimmering
Congrats. That is exactly what I was saying. I never do a weigh in a few days before my dot is due and not during at least the first few days. I was excited just to see I had lost at all during that time. You are doing great.

unstoppable

Please, let us know how it goes.

mamamona
11-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Hey girls,
I have been husbandless AND childless all day!!!! Hubby went hunting and kids went to zoo with sister in law. :D I had a mommy day.

Today I wasn't so hungry. Ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast and turkey sandwich and yogurt for lunch.
Bacon and eggs, boy does that sound yummy!!! :hun: I think I'll go fix me some of those, I couldn't think of anything I really wanted but that sounds good.

Shy and Shimmering, Congrats on the weight loss :carrot: With exercise you build muscle which increases your metabolism and could increase your weight loss. Maybe that's why you are seeing bigger losses lately.

Yoga...looks fun, sounds fun and would probably be beneficial. I am just afraid, I'll get in one of those positions and not be able to get out of it. Ha ha.
I bought one of those things that look like an inline skate with handles on it at
a local thrift shop. You roll out and roll back in. Supposed to work your ab muscles, back, arms and legs. We'll see how it goes.

Well, I'm going to fix some of those bacon and eggs now.

mamichula0633
11-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi sexy chicks! it's been forever since I've been here, thank you all that showed support and believe me, the same goes out from me to you. I KNOW it's hard not to eat those unhealthy foods we love but think about how much better you will feel in the long run. I lost about 1lb this week but I can only go down from here!

To all scrapbookers, yes I do it, I love having pictures of my little one and I also put little thoughts of mine into the pages I make. I also LOOOVVVEEE reading, it's my favorite hobby.

Oh and don't worry shimmering, I was once running in a hot suit (those made of plastic) to sweat more. I was running in front of this major cutie, my shoe lace untied and when I bent down to tie it RRRRIIIIPPP, (since then I wear biker shorts underneath) LOL

On another subject, a friend of mine lost like 18 lbs in a month, he is a guy and i've heard men loose wight easier than women do. There were moments I wished I was a guy but then I remember a little something someone once sent me in an email:

By the time the Lord made woman, he was into his sixth day of working overtime. An Angel appeared and said "Why are you spending so much time on this one?" And the Lord answered and said, "Have you seen the spec sheet on her? She has to be completely washable, but not plastic,
have 200 moveable parts, all replaceable, run on black coffee and leftovers, have a lap that can hold three children at one time and that disappears when she stands up, have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped
knee to a broken heart, and have six pairs of hands."
The Angel was astounded at the requirements for this one. "Six pairs of hands! No way!" said the Angel.
The Lord replied, "Oh, it's not the hands that are the problem. It's the three pairs of eyes that woman must have!" "And that's just on the standard model?" the Angel asked. The Lord nodded in agreement, "Yep, one pair of eyes are to see through the closed door as she asks her children what they are doing even though she already knows.
Another pair in the back of her head are to see what she needs to know, even though no one thinks she can. And the third pair are here in the front of her head. They are for looking at an errant child and saying that she understands
and loves him or her without even saying a single word."
The Angel tried to stop the Lord. "This is too much work for one day. Wait until tomorrow to finish!" "But I can't!" The Lord protested, "I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart.
She already heals herself when she is sick and can feed a family of six on a pound of hamburger and can get a nine year old to stand in the shower."
The Angel moved closer and touched the woman, "But you have made her so soft, Lord." "She is soft" the Lord agreed, "but I have also made her tough. You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."
"Will she be able to think?", asked the Angel. The Lord replied, "Not only will she be able to think, she will be able to reason, and negotiate."
The Angel then noticed something and reached out and touched the woman's cheek. "Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model....I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one." "That's not a leak." The Lord objected. "That's a tear!" "What's the tear for?" the Angel asked. The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her sorrow, her disappointment, her pain, her loneliness, her grief, and her pride."
The Angel was impressed, "You are a genius, Lord. "You thought of everything, for WOMEN are truly amazing."

lostchick
11-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Shimmering yes thats alot of walking but it's my everyday which means I actually need to up it. this isn't something new. I've had this position for over a year. My legs and feet can't take anymore. last thing I want to do after work is go to the gym and walk the treadmill, ya know. I am going to do some swimming soon and hopefully get back into a routine with that. I'm really tired of how fat my thighs and legs feel.

Shy Moment
11-11-2007, 10:17 PM
mama
While I do one video a day. I have just in the last 12 days started doing two everyday. That isn't enough time to explain extra weight loss. Had to be something else. Oh well, just glad to see it. Wednesday is just a few days away. I might not see anymore loss by then but sure would be nice if I did lol.

machi

I tell my daughter all baby's start out as girls and then God says, " You aren't good enough to be a girl and you aren't good enough to be a girl and you aren't good enough to be a girl. I will give you a tassel and make you a boy. " lol

lostchick
I use to think the same thing. I ran a warehouse and I bet I walked in a normal day 6 to 8 miles. I was up and down ladders and carried 35lbs all the time. You would have thought I would have had skinny legs lol.

salsa sarah
11-12-2007, 03:40 AM
Well today I copied one of my pis to art and began to alter it trying to make myself look skinny
I started as just a thing to try for fun I ges
after a wile I started feeling bad about myself
I decided I needed to change my attitude
I decided to tell myself i love me and keep saying it tell i meant it
so i rote this I i actually realized wile righting it that I was feeling bad for loving myself as if I wasn't worth it
but I kept righting and then i read it over and over and then again and you know what its ok to love yourself every part of yourself
I am who I am and I have to live with me so I should treat me good and never put myself down ever!

I love myself

I love myself
I love all 238lbs of myself
I love every freckle on my body
I love every stretch mark every scar
I love myself
I am a beautiful human being created by god
I love myself
When I look in the moire I like what I see
I am a person Not a doll
I love every fine line on my face
I love that when I smile I show the world my true self
Without holding back
and not being ashamed of the yellowing on my teeth
I love myself
I love my piercing eyes that express so much to others
I love that I donít want to be someone ells
I love myself
I love every feminine curve on my body
I love that I am a woman and I am soft
I love myself because I deserve to be loved

unstoppable
11-12-2007, 06:18 AM
Nice poem Salsa Sarah
Its good that you took the time to reflect, because it always seems like we become fixated on the negatives, when we are beautiful beings that deserve to be loved. When I was younger, my mother used to always tell me, "Well, if you can't love yourself, nobody else will". I believe that it is extremely important for us to be comfortable in our skin. Once this is accomplished, we can achieve anything else we set out to do. Keep up the good work.

theflock24
11-12-2007, 07:38 AM
help... please send me some willpower ! the weekend was a total failure.. here's why :
1) I didn't go to my step class - really bad period pains
2) I drank a bottle of wine
3) I ate chocolate cheesecake desert
4) Sunday I had chips and cheese

My hubby is a nightmare to go shopping with and bought lots of naughty stuff - he was meant to take it to work today but hasn't so I'm in the house with chocolate, crisps and allsorts !

eeekkkkkkkkk I need some self control...

Shy Moment
11-12-2007, 12:41 PM
flock
Tell him you are going to trade him in on another model if he doesn't shape up and help you stick with your program lol. It does make it hard when those around us don't try to help. I do the shopping so what is in the house I put in the house. I still have things in the house I don't eat, they are not good for me but everyone else likes them. It does help to have things they like but aren't your favorites.

unstoppable
You are so right. We have to do this for our selfs no one else. We have to be happy with who we are rather that be as thin as we could like to be or heavier than we would like to be.

Sarah
Sometimes it is very hard to love the person we see in the mirror. UNTIL we think about all the things we have done in our life so far. We made someone smile. We were there to cheer someone up. We have loved, cried, laughed and sighed. The world would not be the same place without us. Just you being here gives me encouragement. Just knowing there is another person out there going thru what I am going thru to lose weight gives me hope that I can make it. You are important, needed and thought about everyday.

unstoppable
11-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Flock- I know, at least for me its is very difficult to have self control in the beginning, so therefore you need to surround yourself with people who are supportive of your new lifestyle. Sit down with your hubby and explain to him that you need his support and right now you would appreciate it if the junk could leave your house. Not saying that they won't ever be allowed back in, but while you are preparing yourself mentally and physically, you do not need to have those temptations in your face until you have developed enough will power.

AJinTN
11-12-2007, 07:38 PM
I finally introduced myself last week, and then couldn't check in again until today. I had family in town this weekend and I couldn't get to the computer.
With the company in town, I didn't do so well on the diet and I'm way behind on my excercise goals, but I still managed to lose 1.5 lbs from last Monday morning.
Thank you all for the warm welcome and I'll be here regularly now.

OneLastTime - I'm actually from Chicago (not a true Yankee from New England). Down here, everyone from up north is a 'yankee'. I do some scrapbooking , but I'm big-time into rubber stamping cards. I have 9 nieces and nephews (I'm a professional Auntie) and I can't seem to get any pages done for them. I have an album for my wedding scrapbook that I bought 2 years ago.....haven't touched that either.

Faerie - I'm jealous too. I wish I had a group of girlfriends who got together regularly. A coworker's wife told me a long time ago that they have a Martini Club where they go to one house once a month and snack try out a new martini recipie. I've always thought that sounded like so much fun. For me, I'd want to try out a different beer each month, but that's just me. Congrats on the new job!

Sorry I'm so behind. I'll be sure to stay on top of things from now on :)

Congrats to all of you who are working out and losing!! Send me some of that good stuff!

mamamona
11-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Evening everybody.
Oh my gosh, my three day weekend is over. I think I had somewhat of a setback, especially today. Haven't walked in like 4 days. Then this evening I was so hungry and ate the other 1/2 of my husbands totinos pizza. No it wasn't dinnertime. Then I ate again at dinner. Then I had a Little Debbie. And I'm trying hard not to go eat again. I guess I just had the munchies today. After thinking about it I was probably just dehydrated, I think I only drank one glass of Diet Soda today. Usually at work I drink a lot of water, lemonade etc but since I have been off 3 days I didn't drink much at all. I shall start the day fresh tomorrow.

Flock, I totally understand about the hubbie thing. Mine is skinny as a rail, drinks Mt. Dew by the 2 Liter and thinks he is supposed to have a fried meat and potatoes every evening. Try baking something around here and you get...."this is OK but it would have been better fried". A vegetable to him is potatoes and corn. I do all the shopping though so not a lot of junky stuff comes in. My 7 year old is getting a little chunky around the middle and I've been trying to really watch the snacks the kids eat also.

Everybody have a good night.

Shy Moment
11-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Around here dinner is a meat a potato and a veggie ( sometimes they will want a rice or a noodle instead of a potato but not to often and potato usually means whipped potatoes with milk and butter ). That is just how it is. I have changed things a bit. Fried chicken is now. Spray a pan with oil, bread the chicken place on pan. Spray the chicken with spray oil. Bake until done. You still have the great taste of fried chicken without all the calories and such. The family loves it. If they don't well I guess they can spend their pocket money and go out and eat fried chicken lol. The little changes I have made have made a huge difference in how we are eating. They are all very supportive. I still give them what they want and from time to time I don't eat dinner with them. A lean cuisine or a lean pocket is substitute for dinner. Just because I need to lose weight doesn't mean everyone does. While they have to understand I need the support, I have to understand they don't have to do without everything because I don't want to eat something. It really is working out well. Just try changing a few things. They might not mind so much and get use to eating better at the same time.

mama
Falling off the wagon isn't a problem if it doesn't happen to often. It is when we let the wagon roll over us we have the problem. Just sounds like you tipped over the side a bit. Straighten back up on that seat and keep going. Your journey never stopped just had a bit of a wobble is all. :)

Ajin
That is great. Always nice to see a loss. Just get things back in order and hopefully you will see a regular loss. By this summer, a little set back like family being in town won't have mattered at all.

Flock
To tell the truth, not that it is a secret, everyone here knows this. For the first couple of months that I started to lose weight. I ate a lot of lean cuisines and lean pockets. I didn't eat with the family much. I had to get portion sizes under control and that was the only way I was going to be able to do it. At that time all I was worried about was getting my fat down and portion sizes under control, lean cuisines and lean pockets did that for me very well. Sometimes you just have to figure out what works for you and let everyone do without for a while. I know the kids thought I was terrible sometimes, not most of the time but sometimes since they were generally very supportive. We don't have much money to throw around so there were no movies or goodies or anything extra so I could have those lean cuisines and lean pockets.

theflock24
11-13-2007, 04:57 AM
Thanks for your comments, and I agree that I have to have a word with hubby about it. He's not exactly a lean machine but is so tall 6ft 3! that he can carry off some podge. This morning I made him take the naughty stuff to work.
The difficult thing at the moment is working from home - I can go into the office but I am embarressed because of my weight gain. I can no longer fit in my work trousers properly and therefore its easier to stay home in my jeans.
I walk my dog every day and at the moment am going to the gym - an hours class 4 times a week. I didn't lose any weight this week.. no real surprise considering the weekend!
Anyone tried hypnotherapy ? I did the Paul McKenna 'Think yourself Thin' CD but it didn't make any difference.

lostchick
11-13-2007, 03:35 PM
mamamona My husband used to say theres no such thing as a little debbie Totaly false adverstising :joker:

Salsa sara a little late but I loved the poem. I've been trying to shake off a little depression before it gets out of hand. Great to see you saw what was happening and made a quick change.

Shy Moment
11-13-2007, 05:19 PM
lostchick
There are things some of us will never be able to have lol. I can't have Hershey hugs. One is not enough 1000 isn't enough lol. Very few things that bother me like that but those darn hugs just call me in the middle of the night, can't have them in the house. Green olives are the same way lol. They are good for me in so many ways but the sodium is horrible. I now only buy them every other week lol.

countrygirl7902
11-13-2007, 07:53 PM
sarah love your poem! you're right that we should love ourselves, imperfections and all!

AJ don't worry about keeping up. just jump in when you have time! good to have you here.

flock and mona :dust: i know how you feel. the last 3 days have been such a disaster for me! i gain 1.5 lbs!!!! i'm not blaming my boyfriend cuz he's usually really supportive, but all the junk i ate was cuz i was visiting him out of town and i just got plain old lazy. i miss just eating whatever i want without thinking about it. most of what i ate this weekend was chocolate and pizza. ugh. i'm having trouble getting motivated to get back on track. and no i haven't been excercising.

i'm starting over today. i can do this right? not sure if i need a pat on the back or a kick in the pants! lol

ok ladies, i got lazy and forgot to start our new weekly thread for monday. so i'm starting a new thread now! look for it.