LA Weight Loss - Nov 5 - Nov 11 Friends and Losers Thread

Joni135
11-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Happy chilly Monday! Hope your weekend was good!

bayoubelle68
11-05-2007, 08:03 AM
I wish it was chilly here! I'm so tired of hot afternoons! We'll be in the mid-80's all week. I'm ready for soup weather!

Have a great day, everybody!

Jamiep03
11-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Happy Monday ladies.

equinetcan
11-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Good Morning and happy Monday!!

I am off work today but I have tons of stuff to try and cram into one day and then back to work the rest of the week plus overtime. Yes we are still flat out at work but I am not doing the OT like I was before I closed on the house but I still do about 20 hours a week extra.

On my profile as soon as I leave here I will put a picture of the outside of the house so anyone that wants to see it can.

Today is day one of getting back to plan. I am not doing the numbered plan I had just before my weeks ended because it was way too much food but I will go back to the red 1 no lites for now and see how it goes. Things got off kilter with moving and such but at least now I am more settled so it should be a lot easier. I just have to go back to pre-planning my meals from one day to the next and prepping when I can. Once I do it for a few days it gets more routine and easier. And clementines are on sale this week which are my favorite fruit so I can stock up on those while I can too!!

Chancey seems to settle in really well when she is here. She has been here the last 2 weekends and after a general snoop all through the place when she gets here thursday evening she settles down. This week I pick her up thursday after work and I have her for a week and a half until the following sunday. Ex is away next week so I get to have her for an extended visit. I am off next week too so I am hoping to do the park at least one day and she of course has to go visit a few people and say hi. She especially likes the girls in the Tim Hortons drive thru...but that could be due to the fact that they give her a timbit too!!! Mom gets a tea and the dog gets a donut. Seems fair to me!! LOL

Well, I must go get this day started. I'll check in later after my errands are all done and I am home attempting to put together my end tables for the living room I am buying today.

Have a great day everybody!!

aguerin
11-05-2007, 09:33 AM
GM all. GOing to be another long week at work. Not in to much of a mood to work this early in the morning.

Getting close to TOM and the scale is showing it. I am fighting cravings due to TOM also. Had a great weekend, was mostly OP except for an extra dairy on Saturday.

Felicia I think the HI here tomorrow is only going to be ~ 56. I prefer the warmer weather myself, but I do love a good bowl of soup. Especially Taco or Southwestern Soup. Thats my favorite!

zambejaly5
11-05-2007, 09:51 AM
morning.

here to a great week. I am going to really concentrate on getting my house clean for the holidays this week. so I can cruise into Thanksgiving and be ready for christmas.

here to a great week all!

Repo girl
11-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi all! I really am around here lurking. Glad to see you all doing so well. Here is to a great week!!!

Mama Nicole
11-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Hey Katie..........sooo good to see you :) I miss your wit and charm here :) How is everything going?

I don't have time for my usual saga......just wanted to pop in and say happy monday....:lol:.......and I hope you all have a nice POP day :)
XOXO

dawn78
11-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Katie - it's good to hear from you. You need to come out of hiding more often.

chiquita623
11-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Happy Monday Everyone. Hope your weekend was good. Mine was OK. Slept through most of it. Hope this cold/flu stuff leaves me just as quickly as it came on. The weather here is supposed to be in the 40's during the day and the 20's at night. Yum - soup!!!

TimeForThinnerMe
11-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi, happy Monday to ya’ll. I woke up with a new determination this morning especially after learning on Friday that I’ll be going to a special company meeting the end of January and possibly get an award; which means standing in front of a very large group. So time to get moving and make a very concentrated effort to truly get going on my weight loss journey!

I’ve been with my company for 23 yrs and for the past 2 yrs, I’ve been a full time teleworker (I have to say it was hard to get used to….its a wonderful opportunity but very different than being an office with PEOPLE which sometimes I really miss). All that to say, that other folks at other locations go to exercise at various times during the day and not just lunch so I talked with my boss and he’s okay with me scheduling time to exercise (and not necessarily lunch time). Yippee!

So I checked out the gym near my house and think I’ll join and start going to some classes. Now my next worry is that I’m guessing I’ll be the heaviest person in the class and in the beginning not be able to keep up. I realize you have to start somewhere but it bothers me. I have all the obstacles out of my way except for ‘me’ - I guess I have to suck it up and just go for ME. :cry:

Did / do any of you guys experience this?

Anyway, all this talk about soup has me thinking I need to make some of the taco soup.

Thanks guys.

Katy66
11-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Good Monday Morning! Haven't had a lot of time for posting lately and honestly haven't been following plan that closely. Hasn't been terrible just not making the smartest choices. Finally went to WI on Friday and was up a a lb so I'm back to basics today....following the plan and getting in my water.

Oh, had a question for you guys....I know some of you were using the SF Optima instead of the shakes from LA. They are a little less protein and I seem to remember someone saying they ate the RF string cheese with it to make up the difference. Is that correct? Oh and I actually tried the target brand ultra and couldn't tell the difference between it and the SF. It has the same in protein and carbs but a little less fat than the Optima.

Hope to be checking in more frequently to get some motivation to stay on plan. My buddy at work who was on the plan with me has basically called it quits so I'm counting on you guys to keep me straight.

By for now:)

Kimphin
11-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Katy - yes to the RF string cheese if you substitute slim fast. Plus, it makes me happy to chew something!

Katy66
11-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Kim - Thanks, how much? Just trying to stay POP:)

aguerin
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Katy66 - If you are self-conscious about working out there are some other alternatives that you could do until you get some of your weight down. I walked daily for my exercise (it was FREE!). You could go to the local mall's or even some high-rise and use their stairs. This puts less attention on you.

I walked on my own cause it was just easier for me. I don't have a convenient gym at home or work so that was just what worked for me.

TimeForThinnerMe
11-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Thank you Amy, that's a good idea and would save me some $$$$, I've been walking and thought it may help kick start the weight loss as I have not had much success. :)

Lynx
11-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Kim - Thanks, how much? Just trying to stay POP:)

I use one .75 oz skim string mozarella cheese to add to the slimfast.

Lynx
11-05-2007, 01:29 PM
So I checked out the gym near my house and think I’ll join and start going to some classes. Now my next worry is that I’m guessing I’ll be the heaviest person in the class and in the beginning not be able to keep up. I realize you have to start somewhere but it bothers me. I have all the obstacles out of my way except for ‘me’ - I guess I have to suck it up and just go for ME. :cry:

Did / do any of you guys experience this?

Thanks guys.

Hi Donna,
I know that I had the same worry about a fitness facility as you are voicing, but I actually joined 2 months before I started this program and I found that, especially if you go during the day, there is a variety of sizes of people at my club. So don't worry - just do it if that will work best for you. It also helps relieve tension.

But here is another idea that almost everyone can do if you have stairs in your home. Start the day by going up and down the stairs a few times just to jumpstart your metabolism. This am I went down and up 4 times. We just have stairs to the basement and for me, that works fine. If you can only do 1 or 2 at first, that is fine. If you do this several times a day, it only takes 2 or 3 minutes each time. Every little thing that we do helps in the long run. Many of us lead such a sedentary life at our computers.

bayoubelle68
11-05-2007, 01:32 PM
I just got a new student this morning. The class is in PE right now. Before they left, he had been in here for 30 minutes and had tattled SEVENTEEN times! I finally pulled him aside and told him that that wasn’t the best way to make friends at a new school! My favorite tattle: “Mrs. Pate, that boy called me a name!” “What did he call you?” “Timothy.” “Honey, that’s your name!”

I'm doing TO today and tomorrow. I totally lost the battle with the Halloween candy and was up a pound at WI on Saturday. Actually I thought it was going to be MUCH worse. DH had been gone all week and I tend to eat junk when he's not around because I don't want to cook just for me. I found myself eating crap with the kids several times. Their food wasn't necessarily unhealthy. It just wasn't on my plan!! Anyway, I'm hoping TO will get me back on track. Last time I did it, I lost a little over 5 pounds. I hope to have the same result (or better) this time!!

TimeForThinnerMe
11-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Lynn, I like your mottos....inspiring - good idea.

BarbaraB
11-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Donna, I joined the gym when I was oh... 55 pounds heavier than I currently am, so I did feel like a rather large person there. Actually, depending on the gym, you may be surprised to see lots of normal people in there. The one I go to tends to have older (and fatter) gym goers. I know some other gyms cater to your more young and beautiful people. Anyway, if you feel that you need to get your fitness level up a bit, it might be good to start with a yoga or pilates class and also doing some work on the elliptical trainer or tread mill to start getting you into better cardio shape. I go to classes now, but it took me awhile to get my fitness level up to a point where that was a good idea. Don't over do it, as you want to make it enjoyable as possible so you keep going. You don't have to get super fit in a week, so just give it time. Pilates is especially good for over all core strength... I should go back to doing it, as it is a good workout (I used to go with my daughter but since she has left for college it seems too sad to go by myself).

I was so encouraged yesterday I got on the scale and it was down 3 pounds! then today I got on and it was back up 1.5... I just realized that the high weigh in I had the other day (the one that induced the candy tantrum) was after I had eaten the chicken and apple sausage from costco and I had the leftovers from that last night... so I suspect sodium, but I did not read the label on those, so probably was it.... So no more of that stuff for me (which was kind of not all the good on plan anyway I suspect).

So today I have shifted down to gold plan. I'm not going to psych myself into believing that I'm starving before it happens though. I got up and did 4 miles on the tread mill this morning, and I'm happy that I only have 6 more miles to go on that 50 mile challenge.

Happy monday everyone, especially Katie the lurker

TimeForThinnerMe
11-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Oh Lynn, that is a GREAT idea and we have a flight of 10-12 stairs to upstairs then 8 stairs coming down to basement where my office is ..... I don't know why I didn't think of this.....I can do this in between conference calls and such - go up and back down a couple of times a few times a day and build up to more 'up and down' each time.

Again, thank you that is a great idea and goodness knows I can certainly do that. :hug:
I'm excited now!
It's about time to make lunch and I think I'll start on the Stairs Now.

Mama Nicole
11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Donna.......as far as exercise......I am currently not doing any exercise, which is not the way to go.......but when I was exercising.........I just bit the bullet.......I went the the YMCA cuz it seemed like a more family friendly environment (not necessarily cuz I wanted to bring the kids, but because I was hoping to see more fatties like me there......:lol:). When I signed up, they set me up with a personal trainer, for free, for like 21 days or something. He gave me a tour and helped me set up a basic program. He worked out with me a few days, and then I was on my own, but could find him if I had questions. He was super nice and completely non-judgemental.

Walking is VERY good exercise, but that coupled with weight training is your best bet for WL. Personally, I had to go to a gym because I needed to get over thinking the whole world was as worried about my being overweight as I was. People generally don't care. And, you would be suprised how quickly your body responds to exercise. If the gym you are thinking of going to does not offer a couple of free personal trainig sessions.....it might be worth the $$$ to make an appointment to see one. They are trained not only to help you get physically fit, but to be your cheerleader.....your gym buddy!!!

Ok.......now I am thinking why the heck am I not taking my own advice. I will try to get a walk in today. I am NOT dealing with the gym/daycare drama at this point in my life......but I certainly CAN go for a stinkin' walk, right? :lol:

So, I was a complete *** yesterday as far as eating. I watched football all day and night.....GO PACKERS........and that's all I am going to say about that. I thougth about doing FF today, but I decided to just stay POP today. I may do FF another day this week, but not sure. I really hate not eating any starches or fruits.

Ok, must go change the laundry......there is a mountain of it down there :)
XOXO

TimeForThinnerMe
11-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Barbara and Nocole, thanks to you guys too....our postings crossed at same time. I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate your replies and wonderful ideas. I think I need to bite the bullet and go so I can get over thinking exactly like you were saying Nicole (to get over thinking the whole world was as worried about my being overweight as I am). This week I'm going start back with my daily walks and maybe get up 3.5 miles and do the stairs and next week I think I'll join the gym.

Thanks again, you guys are awesome and I sincerly appreicate your thoughts and comments.

I hope ya'l have a great day - I see the stairs, a walk and lunch in my very near future. :) :carrot:

Lynx
11-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks Donna - twice
As far as the mottos - you can come up with your own personal ones. It is a great way to stay inspired.

Or just chant your goal weight several times to yourself when you are facing a food challenge.

myboysnme2
11-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Good Monday morning everyone!

Just been doing my usual lurking but wanted to tell Nicole..WOOO HOOO I love the Packers!

KimS

slim n trim
11-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi Everyone,
hope everybody had a great weekend. I am jealous Felicia of your warm weather. We had snow here yesterday and it is like minus 3 here today - in Farenheit - just a little below freezing. I wish we had warm weather.

Its been a while since I have posted, and see there are a few new faces, so welcome all you new ones. This is a great place to hang out.

As for me, I am feeling stuck in a rut. I can't seem to get the scale to move. I am going to try kicking things into gear again here this week, and really be pop. I have been sort of pop, but have had the flu the past month, so following plan perfectly was a challenge, and also with the flu, not getting a lot of exercise. Anyway, I am forging ahead with new determination, and my plan is to lose this final 4 lbs by Christmas. That shouldn't be that hard.
So, feel free to give me a kick in the butt, because I feel like I need one.

Okay now that I have vented a bit I feel better. Thanks for putting up with me!

Everyone have a great day. I am off to finish my laundry, have to run a few errands, and then going to get on my treadmill this aft. I go back to work tomorrow, so I will try to check in later and see what everyone is up to.

EmilyLashea
11-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Ignore my post in last week's thread.. it's been a hectic morning :crazy:

Just dropping in to say hello! :wave:

I'll come back thru and check in on everyone when things slow down a bit :)

Mama Nicole
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey guys. I just sent a Bavarian Pretzel recipe to the Pure chef....and I can't wait to see how they count it. It is a really fun food to make with the kids....as they can form their own pretzels :) They are also very delicious. I probably won't hear back from them until friday or monday.....but I am super d duper excited :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
11-05-2007, 02:47 PM
P.S. Hi Karen.........check in every day....it always helps me. The days I avoid 3fc are my bad days :)

Hey Lurker KimS.........Kristen is a huge fan also :)

Hi Emily :)
XOXO

Jamiep03
11-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Nicole.

The same for me I love checking in as it keeps me motivated.

sscott
11-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Happy Monday everyone! I am pretty new around here, but have really been enjoying reading peoples posts. It reminds me that I am not alone in this battle. I have only been doing the program for a little over 2 weeks. Things are going well, but have given into temptations a couple of times. Having leftover halloween chocolate has not been easy! But, today is a new day and so far so good. I am having a major sweets attack right now, but thankfully I don't have anything laying around here at work. Not eating the sweets has been the hardest part for me thus far! I think I am addicted to sugar :)

Well, thanks for letting me tell you all a little about my journey. I look forward to getting to know you all a little better as we work together toward a healthier life!

slim n trim
11-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi Nicole,
thanks ... I will keep that in mind, and do my best!

Mama Nicole
11-05-2007, 04:57 PM
sscott......that baby in your profile is just adorable :) Want to share your first name with us? I, too, am addicted to sugar. It gets better. Are you doing lites? If you are, the honey nougat ones can really fix that sweet, if you know what I mean. When I first started, I only ordered chocolate varieties.......but one of my counselors talked me into trying the honey nougat. YUM!!! I can't really do lites, as I don't tolerate soy well......but once in a while I will eat them for a week or so, when I am feeling weak. :)
XOXO

chiquita623
11-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Got e-mail from my daughter today wanting to know what we were having for Thanksgiving dinner. Told her I hadn't decided yet so she told me to send her some recipes so she could make some of it and I would be able to enjoy it with the rest of them instead of making things they liked that I would not eat. That was awfully sweet of her I think. When she was young, she wanted nothing to do with cooking or baking or anything to do with a kitchen. Now that she's 28 and has an 8 yr old and another bambino due in February, she loves to be in the kitchen whenever she has a free night. Someone must have raised her right. Wonder who that was???

Mama Nicole
11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
awwwwww, that is sweet, Laurie. :) I hope my girls like to cook when they get older. I LOVE to cook and bake and such.

I just wanted to say that I hate netflix and I will never purchase tribal fusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chiquita623
11-05-2007, 05:09 PM
My son loves to cook. In fact his wife does very little of it. Why can't I find a man like that? Any my grandson's all like to be in the kitchen. My granddaughter could care less!!

I've never used netflix but my daughter does. She really likes it. What's wrong with it?

zambejaly5
11-05-2007, 05:12 PM
I just canceled my netflix......... what did they do to get you riled Nicole?!

Mama Nicole
11-05-2007, 05:14 PM
it's the stupid pop ups from this site. :lol: it drives me CRAZY!!!! Looks like American Express is also in on the annoying of the big girls!!!

zambejaly5
11-05-2007, 05:33 PM
ooooooh ok. gotcha....... I get the netflix one from time to time but that is about it........

Katy66
11-05-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm with you Nicole, whatever the heck Tribal Fusion is I'll never purchase it:)

Proud to say that as of 4:30pm I've been on plan today. Wish me luck for the evening...that is the hardest time for me:)

Talk to you guys tomorrow!

BarbaraB
11-05-2007, 05:40 PM
sscott, The sugar cravings get better with time. I used to love the honey nugat, but then they changed them..... I haven't tried them again in awhile, so perhaps they fixed whatever they changed so they are good again. They were my favorite for a long while though. As you get used to eating healthier, things like halloween candy will make you physically ill (OK probably not if you limit it to snickers licking:p, I've had the odd desire to lick a snickers ever since I read that!) I think it took me about 3-4 weeks before the sugar demons quieted down a bit. Not that I don't see a piece of cheese cake now and think that looks good. I will always love sugar, I just find that I can't eat as MUCH of it as I used to without feeling bad.

sscott
11-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks for all the encouragement about the sugar situation! My first name is Stacy. I am sitting at an afterschool staff meeting and they are serving hot apple cider, pumpkin bars, and brownies. I am resisting! I know I could eat them, but I don't want the guilt and ill feeling that will follow! I will keep trying to be strong!

I hope everyone has had a great Monday! I've got to run, meeting is starting...

zambejaly5
11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
ooo me too Katy. I just have supper left and then I am done with food for the day..... or supposed to be! Lets make a pact........ we will not eat off plan tonight! I will be checking in with you in the morning to see if you hung in there with me.

bayoubelle68
11-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I had an awful day. My new student is going to be a challenge. He's a toot!! Actually, he's something far worse than a toot, but I'm trying but to say anything too negative!!

I was doing well with TO until about 10 minutes ago and now I've got the shakes. I ate a Lite bar, so I'm sure it will subside soon. At least it didn't happen until after my students were gone.

I really need to make my kids something for supper that I won't even be tempted by. After a bad day like this, I'm liable to be tempted to cross over to the dark side!! If I heat up a can of ravioli for them, I'll probably have it dripping off my elbows!!! I think it's going to be fishsticks and macaroni and cheese tonight - although that actually sounds very tempting right now!

zambejaly5
11-05-2007, 05:50 PM
oh stacy I with with nicole, that baby is a dolly!!!!!! if I were closer I would baby sit for you!

bayoubelle68
11-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Laurie - I, too, have been emailing my mom to find out what I'm cooking. My parents are great cooks and started teaching me to cook when I was 6 years old. When they married, Mom couldn't cook and they were determined that I wouldn't be that way. By the time I was high school, I cooked dinner almost every night. My mom was great about buying the ingredients for whatever I wanted to cook. This year, I know that I'm cooking the turkey, homemade rolls, corn casserole, broccoli cheese casserole, black cherry salad, pecan pie, and pumpkin cheesecake. My dad makes the most incredible cornbread dressing, so that's his. Mom makes an amazing sweet potato pie. I have a new SIL, so I can't wait to see what she's cooking. With all that I'm cooking, I really wish we could talk the family into coming to our house, but that wouldn't float. We always have Thanksgiving at my parents' house.

chiquita623
11-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Felicia - since my mom passed away in 1999 the holidays have fallen to me. I really don't mind. I usually take a general consensus as to what everyone will eat then I make the final decision about the menu. This year everyone wants ham for Thanksgiving and since I know all the kids will eat it, that's what we'll have. Now I just have to figure out what recipes to send to my daughter and son to have them fix and bring. For the most part I will provide the dinner though. I hate to have them spend a lot of time cooking and fixing stuff and then carting it to my house when it would be just as easy for me to do it myself. We're having dinner with my family on Wednesday and then on Turkey Day we'll be with DBF's family. My assignment for that was munchies and milk. His family are all overweight and do not eat healthy. I really have no idea as to what I'll take. I don't eat the same stuff they do. Oh well, I still have a couple of weeks to think about that. Have a good evening. Talk to you all tomorrow!! Let's stay POP tonight!!

slim n trim
11-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Lettie, I was just noticing your goal weight is 135. You are an inch taller than me, and your goal is about 8 lbs less than what i weigh right now. Everyone tells me I have lost enough weight, that I am thin enough, etc.... so I am thinking that if you get to 135 you are going to blow away in the wind!

Ternoway
11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi everyone,
I had my WI in today and was so glad to be down again! WOO HOO! Today was also measurement day and I am so excited to report I have now lost a total of 17.5 inches and 17 pounds. It has occured to me that when I get the next 3 pounds off I will have lost the equivalent of 2 bags of potatoes! Hard to believe I've been carrying that around for so long, surely that must have counted towards a workout or two! Anyways, I just wanted to toot my own horn and give myself a pat on the back as I am starting to be happy being me again. YAY. Have a great week everyone.

zambejaly5
11-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Lettie, I was just noticing your goal weight is 135. You are an inch taller than me, and your goal is about 8 lbs less than what i weigh right now. Everyone tells me I have lost enough weight, that I am thin enough, etc.... so I am thinking that if you get to 135 you are going to blow away in the wind!

I weighed 118 when I got married, 128 after kid #2, 142 after kid #4 (kid #5 killed me!) but I feel pretty good in the 130s, 142 was ok, and I was in all my old jeans and all, but it just didn't feel as good. 118 is unreasonable at this point, ........anyway, that is how I settled on 135. I will be happy when I hit 145 and then just take it from there.

sscott
11-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Thank you all for the compliments on my baby girl. Her name is Eden and she is the driving force for me. I want to be comfortable playing on the floor with her and one day soon chasing her around the yard, going swimming, etc. Right now I just don't feel comfortable enough, but before she knows any different I will be the mommy I want to be!

Tomorrow I need to go to the COD to WI. For some reason I am terrified. I am so afraid of gaining weight at a visit. I know it can happen and life will go on, but I will just be so bummed out. I was so proud of myself today. I resisted brownies at the staff meeting and then tonight I went to an UpperCase Living party and resisted all the party snacks. I just sipped on my diet coke! Tonight I came home and put a double chocolate Lite in the microwave until it was soft and melty and then I put a spoonful of whipped cream on top. Ohhh, it was good! :carrot:

Keep your fingers crossed the the WI goes good tomorrow. I wish I wouldn't put so much pressure on myself! I'm working on it. Thankfully we are all allowed to be a work in progress!

sscott
11-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Oh by the way, Lettie, I love the pic of your pug. It looks EXACTLY like mine! Aren't they fun?!?! (Don't ask my husband, he hates my dog, but oh well)

Dan2112
11-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Hi gang.. Greetings from Ruidoso!

It's been a busy couple of days with a couple more busy days to go... I've been as OP as possible, but with the choices out here, it's hard.. We're too far from town to eat there for every meal and here at the resort we have a buffet, a sports bar and a up-scale expensive sit down place... No fridges in the rooms, so I've been having to ice down the cooler to keep my carrots and grape tomatoes cold...

Tonight we ventured into town and I had a grilled chicken salad and I'm determined to keep it light tomorrow.. I kind of overdid it with starches today, but not too bad.. The problem is the processed nature of the foods.. Everything is SO heavy.. I loaded up with salad and fruit at lunch, but when you pay 12 bucks for a buffet, you feel obligated to eat some real food too...

Anyway.. I hope all y'all are doing well.. Congrats Terny, on your losses this week!! And to the rest of you too.. I'm honestly too knackered to read through all the posts.. I'm just going to watch the rest of the football game and turn in..

Talk to you all soon!!

amylou7777
11-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Hi everyone! Quick check in-lots of homework tonight!

Ternoway-congrats on your loss!! They are few and far between these days so way to go! And 17 inches is AMAZING!

Dan-good luck with all the food out there! Buffets are so hard!

Katy-so good to see you back on here! Don't leave us. We are here for you! You have come so far-don't let your friend quitting the plan make you want to give up!

That's so funny about the holiday food plan chatter. I just got off the phone with my mom. We are having thanksgiving at my grandma's like we always do-BUT this year my parents and grandma are coming up to northern ca for christmas! This is a huge change from our traditional christmas and I couldn't be more excited to host! BUt I'm still trying to figure out what to cook!

Ok-anyway-take care everybody! Night!

bayoubelle68
11-06-2007, 08:19 AM
Amy - A few years back, I got my mom to make some changes at Christmas. We had basically just done a big meal like Thanksgiving every Christmas, but that meant that we stayed in the kitchen the whole time. After DH and I moved away, I suggested that we just make finger foods - all of which are made ahead of time - so we could just nibble and enjoy each other's company. There's always a huge variety, so this year, I can stay mostly OP and still enjoy myself.

zambejaly5
11-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Oh by the way, Lettie, I love the pic of your pug. It looks EXACTLY like mine! Aren't they fun?!?! (Don't ask my husband, he hates my dog, but oh well)

thanks, funny, but I just took her off my signature! I was trying to clean up my signature it was getting too long. I actually have 3 pugs, 2 fawn and a black, they are the best!

Katy66
11-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Lettie - I DID IT, I managed to stay on plan all evening. Even had my last lite for the day earlier than usual which should help.

Amy - Thanks for the encouragement, it does help me to be involved more with this group....especially now that I'm winging it on my own here at work.

Speaking of....guess I need to get back to it. I've got a busy day but should have time to check back in at lunch.

Heres to everyone having a POP day:)

zambejaly5
11-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Lettie - I DID IT, I managed to stay on plan all evening. Even had my last lite for the day earlier than usual which should help.

ME TOO ME TOO!!!!!!

I had my last bite at about 5!!!! so it about killed me. I did a TO yesterday. today is day 2. just felt I needed a refocus time....... anyway, that made it really hard. But I didn't want to let you down! so lets go for two days...... if I make it through today it will be the first time I think I have ever made it through a TO without nibbling on something off plan.........

Repo girl
11-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone! Today is the first day that I have been POP in a long time, but I am determined to make it. It is time to stop the insanity. I am a thin person, it is time that I acted like it. I am even kicking around the idea of going into the COD, but I want to stay on normal red. The numbered plans really messed me up. I loved having more starched, but my body didn't. My blood sugar got all screwed up and I was craving more and more, then nose dived off the wagon. I tried calorie counting for a while, but that was too hard. I am back on regular old red, which is what worked the very best for me.

Have a great day everyone!!!

bradleys mom
11-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Good Morning everyone! Hope you all are looking forward to a POP day.

DH surprised me last night and told me that he and I are going on a little getaway for Thanksgiving. I am so excited. Of course we had to clear it with the family (and my mom the babysitter). I am kinda going to miss Thanksgiving Dinner, but all of my family has kinda fallen apart the last couple of years, with deaths and such, so Im not even expecting a dinner from either side. SO it will be nice to getaway for a couple days. We are going to Pigeon Forge TN to do some christmas shopping.

Well I got lots to do today, I am sitting with an elderly lady who has dimentia while her daughter goes out and does some stuff. This elderly lady actually used to be my sunday school teacher when I was around the age of 5. Im not sure if she really remembers, as I can barely get her to talk to me. But she is sweet and loves it when I take Bradley with me. I also have to work at my job the rest of the wee but (drumroll) I get the weekend off!!! Yay! First time in a LONG time!!

Hope every one has an awesome Tuesday! And remember tonight is BIGGEST LOSER night!! :)

Mama Nicole
11-06-2007, 10:16 AM
WTG Lettie and Katy!!! I did it too.......and it seems many others did as well........I'm talking about you, Stacie........so it's a big fat whoohoo all around :)

I have a busy day today.....have to take 3 yo DS and 17 yo DD to the doctor today. Baby (ha ha....not really a baby anymore) just needs a check up, and DD needs her second gaurdisil (sp) shot. 5 yo DS has preschool at 12:30........and then I should be good. I guess it's not really that busy of a day, but I am such a home body that I get all worried about how I will get everything done today if I am going to be gone most of the morning.

Ok, must get us showered and ready :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
11-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi Katie and Kimberly.........we were posting at the same time :)

lacorso
11-06-2007, 10:27 AM
good morning to all...had a busy weekend with work, and it was really hard to stay on plan, so, i didn't:(...but today is a new day, and i am ready for this...Nicole, your life always seems to be so filled with fun:carrot:...I miss having all my kids home, enjoy it while you can

zambejaly5
11-06-2007, 10:27 AM
way to go Nicole! I am determined to lose as much as I can before we go to Florida, so It is POP til Thanksgiving, and then I am going to relax for just thanksgiving day.... then POP til I leave!

Beacon6
11-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi All,
I've been reading this thread for weeks now and I would love to join now! I have committed myself (serious this time!!) to lose the 10-15 pounds I've gained since I moved and started my new job. Unfortunately the closest LAWL center is a half hour away so I really need some motivation or a push to stay POP!!! I'm really going to do it this time! Thanks for letting me post! Have a great week!

Jrny2aNewMe
11-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say HI ALL!

Finally have got caught up after getting back. Hopefully I will be able to spend a little bit of time on this place again - I miss you all when I can't post regularly.

Hope everyone has a POP day.

zambejaly5
11-06-2007, 11:18 AM
welcome Beacon......

howdy Val!

I really need to get off of here!!! must get something done!

amylou7777
11-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi guys!

Felicia-that is a great idea. We will be hosting my boyfriend's family on xmas eve night and I plan on doing heavy appetizer type things bc it's going to be difficult to get everyone here at a set time to do a sit down dinner since it is technically a work day. Then christmas day my grandma and mom insist on making our signature xmas dinner, only scaled down bc there wont be a big crowd. I just can't wait to decorate and get into the holiday spirit. My house looked so great last year, and none of my family ever got to see it-so this is exciting!

Congrats to all the POP people! I was not so POP yesterday once I got home from school kinda late-but I'm up for the challenge today. I'm ready to move that ticker!

sscott
11-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey all, I thought I would check in for the day. Things are going great so far! Someone brought donuts to work todady and they are sitting in front of me, but I am not even tempted! Yeah! One success at a time! I do have a challenge tonight. It is my grandma's 88nd birthday and she wants to go eat at the Golden Corral Buffet. I think I will just eat before we go and sit and visit during their supper. I know there is food there that I can eat, but I am not sure I will be able to have the self control I need. The desert table and the fried chicken and mashed potatoes will be too tempting! Thanks for being there to help me be accountable! Have a great day! I'll check in later!

Jamiep03
11-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Good morning ladies,

I am pop for the day so far. I am going to a WI today so hopefully I am down.

Talk to you later.

MomOfThreeTeens
11-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Good afternoon everybody!! Hope you're having a great start to a new week! I have an NSV to share, something I never would have attempted a year ago...me and my oldest son went hiking yesterday. We hiked the Chimney Tops Trail in the Smokies. The trail is 4 miles round trip, doesnt sound too bad right? It isnt until you factor in the fact that the elevation rises almost 1,700 feet in the 2 miles that you go up! Man I was sucking in some air a few times! LOL The climb to the top was absolutely amazing! The best part? My son told me he was proud of me!!! We had a great time. My legs and arms are so sore today it hurts to move but it was worth every second of it! LOL I had a Burger King Whopper JR last night, I figured I earned it and surely I burned off at least that many calories, right? LOL

aguerin
11-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Hello All - Been busy at work today. Actually decided to do something. Yesterday I just sat here and played on the computer all day.

Wow Kim how great is it to have the Smokies Hiking trails at your finger tips for exercise? That would be awesome. Good Job on the hiking also. I have hiked that once and probably won't do it again.

Congrats to all the POP peeps. I must be the only person in this forum that is just chaulking Thanksgiving up as a day to indulge. Why not? I think that would be a nice reward say if we were to be POP from now until then. Don't you think? That helps me not to cheat to have a cheater day coming to look forward to. :)

MomOfThreeTeens
11-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Amy-I decided last week to do weight loss between now and Thanksgiving then give myself a little freedom to enjoy the day. I had just started LAWL last year before Thanksgiving and I didnt cheat one bite through the whole holiday period. I lost 10 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years! My goal this year is to enjoy myself a tad and maintain. We've worked hard and we deserve to reward ourselves occasionally :-)

aguerin
11-06-2007, 02:47 PM
What a nice surprise Kimberly. I wish my DH would just plan anything. LOL I have to start coaxing him months in advance just to go anywhere. And then it is very infrequent. I think he would pass out if he had to go somewhere with me all the time.

aguerin
11-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Does anybody know if jokes are allowed on this forum? I received some good ones today in my email about marriage and I am sure you would enjoy them, but I don't want to over step the rules. I have never seen any posted, so I am guessing not.

Katy66
11-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Hey all! Sounds like everyone is having a good day.

Lettie - Congrats on staying on TO without a cheat. I bought the stuff I needed for TO last night and am planning on doing it next Mon / Tues. I'm up for the challenge today and so far so good, except for water intake and that is easy enough to correct:)

Nicole - congrats on your POP day yesterday.

SScott - great job resisting the doughnuts!

KimberlyR - your thanksgiving get away sounds great, they should have the holiday lights up by then - actually they are probably already up.

Kim2 - wow I'm impressed with your hike...I've not done that since high school, or was it middle school?

Katie - interesting point about the cravings after you got more starches on the numbered plans. I've noticed I tend to want to nibble much more than when I was on the purple plan. I was chalking it up to just getting bored iwth my plan and not varying things the way I should but what you said makes sense..... maybe I should cut out the extra starch I have now??? On purple I was having some 3lb per week losses and since changing the most I've lost in 1 week is 1 1/2. Any others have thoughts?

Amy - not sure about jokes on the forum but if allowed I would enjoy a good laugh:)

Well better get back to work. Have a great rest of the day, I hope to check in this evening.

dawn78
11-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Amy - I think it's allowed. There used to be a running thread called "Funny Stuff..." where people would post their jokes.

aguerin
11-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks Dawn. I think I will post the best two anyway. I laughed my head off. If only I had known these when I first got married. Here they are:

Marriage - Part I

Typical macho man married typical good-looking lady and after the
wedding, he laid down the following rules:

"I'll be home when I want, if I want and at what time I want and I
don't expect any hassle from you. I expect a great dinner to be on table
unless I tell you that I won't be home for dinner. I'll go hunting,
fishing , boozing and card-playing when I want with my old buddies and
don't you give me a hard time about it. Those are my rules. Any
comments?"

His new bride said, "No, that's fine with me. Just understand that
there will be sex here at seven o'clock every night whether you're here
or not."

(SHE'S GOOD!)

Marriage (Part II)

Husband and wife had a bitter quarrel on the day of their 40th wedding
anniversary!
The husband yells, "When you die, I'm getting you a headstone that
reads: "Here Lies My Wife - Cold As Ever "
"Yeah?" she replies. "When you die, I'm getting you a headstone that
reads: "Here Lies My Husband - Stiff At Last"

(HE ASKED FOR IT!)

MomOfThreeTeens
11-06-2007, 04:08 PM
LOL Amy, those were great. Of course the kids in my class wanted to know what was so funny since it really did make me laugh out loud!!!!

chiquita623
11-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Amy - those were funny!!! Thanks for posting them. I really needed something to lighten the mood this afternoon and that did the trick.

dawn78
11-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for sharing the jokes! As you can tell I'm really bored at work (I don't usually post this much in one day) so a good laugh always helps.

Mama Nicole
11-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Katie…..I hear you about the numbered plans. I know they are working for some people, but I, too, need things to be a bit more strict. I am a carboholic…..and I have to be VERY limited!!! I am currently on regular old purple w/ lites. Not the real lites, but you get the idea. I switch to them every now and then, but never for more than a week or two, as my tummy says, “NO NO NO.” Sometimes I just eat them anyway, cuz it pisses me off that I can’t use the tools that work so well for me. Whatever. In any case, I am sooo happy you are back!!! This place just isn’t the same without you. Here’s to your first POP day back!!!!

Kimberly………..how kind of you to go sit with your old Sunday school teacher. I’m sure her daughter really appreciates your help. Isn’t it funny how the little ones brighten everyone’s spirits. When I had only 2 or 3 kids, I used to take them everywhere. They visited many family members and friends at the hospital, and always warmed the place up.

Linda….you know….I am learning to slow down and enjoy it a bit more than I used to. DS is three now, and I am starting to feel the pangs of having to leave my nice cozy house and go out to work. I really don’t want to work. I know that sounds selfish…..but I have been raising kids for 18 years now, and by the time Andrew graduates from H.S., it will have been 33 years of raising up kids, and somehow I just feel like I should beable to retire. :lol: I know……..not in this day and age, but I can dream.

Welcome Beacon!!!

Hey Val……….good to see you!!! Look at that ticker of yours go…….

Oh, Stacie……the Golden Corral is a fat girl on a diet’s nightmare!!! You can do it. You can do it. You can do it!!! :cheer:
Really though……eating before you go will definitely help you, and maybe save a vegetable or two, and a fat to have a salad if you just must have something.

Jamie…..WTG staying POP. One day at a time. I hope your WI is fab!!!

Oh, Kim #2……..hilarious justification about the Whopper Junior……..and WTG making it a junior!!! Isn’t it wonderful to do the things you never thought you would cuz you were too fat? You are very brave to make that hike……….( said the girl who is afraid of heights). I bet if was nice spending time like that with DS.

Amy……….I think a planned cheat day is A.O.K., as long as you know you can get right back on track. Sometimes I can pull that off, sometimes I can’t. I have not decided what I want to do about Thanksgiving yet………….

Hi Katy :wave:

Ok, I really need to go do my laundry. We are going to Wisconsin this weekend….actually, I think Thurs. night…..so I really need to get the stuff clean so I can pack. Keep up the good work, ladies and Dan!!!
XOXO

zambejaly5
11-06-2007, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=aguerin;1920286 I must be the only person in this forum that is just chaulking Thanksgiving up as a day to indulge. Why not? I think that would be a nice reward say if we were to be POP from now until then. Don't you think? That helps me not to cheat to have a cheater day coming to look forward to. :)[/QUOTE]

nope, count me in on looking forward to Thanksgiving! I am aiming to stay POP til T-Day, and then enjoying my thanksgiving. then I am going to be POP til I leave for florida. sounds like a plan to me!!!

JLem311
11-06-2007, 05:51 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd check in for the day.
we got back from chicago last night. the visit wasn't great. with the situation and all, it was terrible to see dh's dad in such pain and it was a hard visit for dh because it may have been his last goodbye to his dad. :( very difficult.
eating over the weekend was super terrible and somehow i managed to lose 3lbs while i was there. weird. so i'm almost back at my ticker weight.

i then fly out again on friday for my trip to see the kids. i can't wait.

so much stuff going on in my life that is overwhelmingly stressful..so i'm not doing that great. physically i'm pretty much all healed, but emotionally i'm ruined.

sorry to be such a downer, but i wanted to check in with everyone before i fly out again this week.

hope everyone has been doing well. :)

Katy66
11-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Jillian it is good to hear from! And please don't apologize for "being a downer". You do have major and I do mean major stuff going in your life, I just hope you know are all here for you and more than willing to "listen" when you need us to!

amylou7777
11-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Jillian- I'm so sorry things have been so hard. I hope your visit with the kids brings a huge smile to your face. We are definitely here for you!

Beacon6
11-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Aguerin and Lettie: I am really really looking forward to eating at Thanksgiving...which is terrible since I'm really trying to focus on changing my eating habits but I haven't been back home in months! I can already smell my mom's sausage stuffing LOL!! If I can stay POP every day until Thanksgiving, I'm going to let myself indulge...but get right back to POP on the 23rd (or the 24th because I love leftover turkey sandwiches haha)

Katie and Nicole: How are the number plans working for you? Do you think they are better/worse than the color plans? How are they different?

Jillian: I completely understand how you feel. I just lost my grandmother a few weeks ago and had a terrible time dealing with it...I definitely gained a few pounds...WTG on losing those 3 lbs though even if it wasn't in the best circumstances...I'm sorry for you and your DH's loss

Everyone else: Thanks for the welcome, you guys are great motivators!!

BarbaraB
11-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Jillian, Don't worry about being a downer, I would worry about you if you pretended that everything was wonderful right now, since well, it isn't the most wonderful right now, but give it time and it will be a better time for you soon. Seeing your kids is probably the best medicine.

Dixie Amy, I think I will at least take a meal off from plan for thanksgiving. I think if I put that whole day clause in there that I might be a little too over the top (I used to always make cinnamon rolls for breakfast that had to have a ton of calories). My wedding anniversary is the Friday before, so I think I will have a meal off then too. I think I will make my DH dress up and take me somewhere. I have a dress I want to wear out somewhere, and a bit of wine and lobster and cake might be necessary to complete the day.... Lucky for me that really eating lobster and turkey, if you watch what you have with it, well it is not that bad.... OK the wine and cake... well not so good.

Second day of golden POPness! I can do this gold plan! I hope to make it POP until my anniversary and then again until Thanksgiving.

zambejaly5
11-06-2007, 07:20 PM
beacon--- OH I know!! every time I say, I am going to get right back at it the day after I think of turkey sandwiches!!! but that ought to be easy to fit into plan..... it think............

as for T-Day itself. I am planning on a few stradigies.....

1. no eating between meals or BLT's only eating at the table. for 3 meals only.
2. light breakfast...... like some scrambled eggbeaters and some fruit
3. light supper........ like cup of soup or half a turkey sandwhich. not a whole second thanksgiving day meal
4. as for the meal itself..... ONE PLATE and I am going to use a devided paper plate for protion control. (did anyone see that article in the latest Womans World.... interesting!)
5. WATER WATER WATER WATER WATER
6. one dessert....... mmmmmm

I think that about covers it....

anyone else have some stradigies they want to share?

sscott
11-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Hey guys! My DH isn't home for another couple of hours and I need to vent before I take it out on some chocolate :) I just went to the COD, which I have been nervous about all day for some reason. I got there and I was down, only .4, but still I was down. The lady there never said a word about it. All she did was say "ok, go to my office". I felt like a school kid about to get in trouble :) Then it was trying to sell me a product because I missed my second dairy the last couple of days. I just don't even enjoy going. You never know what mood people are going to be in when you get there. After paying so much for the program at least they can do is be a little more encouraging and supportive. I wish I didn't dread going every time. If done correctly, it could be such an awesome experience!

Whew, thanks for letting me vent on you guys! I promise not to make it a habit. Way to go all of you still POP! That's awesome. I am on board about Thanksgiving. I am going to enjoy a wonderful meal but then get right back at it. I can't wait to see how much I can lose between then and now! Thanks again!

BarbaraB
11-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Stacie, Some counselors are wonderful, and some just are little nasty sales persons. 0.4 pounds is good. Especially since you are weighing in multiple times per week. I mean how much fat can you lose in just a couple of days? Really not that much. Sometimes you are just making a big drop the week before "real".... As you've dropped a lot in a short time, so your body might just be making that water loss into fat loss sometimes. Which is OK, since you want the fat gone and not the water that you can gain back in a day gone.

zambejaly5
11-06-2007, 11:22 PM
.4 that is almost 2 whole sticks of butter!!!! picture where those came off! Good Job!

You still POP?

Mama Nicole
11-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey girls and Dan......I don't know if any of you have ever used www.fitday.com or not.....but I haven't for about a year or so........and I just put my posted my menus there. I forgot how informative it is. It was easy for me to look back and see my menus and how many calories they had when I was losing the best. I am kinda excited about this :)
XOXO

Lynx
11-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Great idea, Nicole about fitday. I also think that if someone is stalling that it is a good idea to go back to one's own dairy weeks and look for a week that was a good one - choicewise and weightloss wise and follow that week again. So the morale of the story here is keep your old monthly dairies for future reference both for menu idea combinations and to refer to.

week 44
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 54 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

zambejaly5
11-07-2007, 09:50 AM
WOOHOO, I DID IT!! OH YEAH!!!

For the first time since I started LAWL the very first time in Nov. of 2005....... I completed a TO without cheats!!!!!! not one bite off plan. the only thing I fell short on was about 2 or 3 cups of water yesterday, but I did have a cup of tea in the afternoon...... anyway. it paid off too. I had been up 3 lbs from going crazy on my anniversary. so I decided to fall back on what I know and do the TO. I lost the 3 anniversary pounds plus 1. so A 4 POUND T.O.!!!! I will take that! and now it is (NS) POP til thanksgiving.

When we go to Florida at Christmas, our best friends are going with us. they have one girl, the age of my 12 year old son..... and we do everything together........anyway..... She is on NS with me (my friend, not the 11 year old girl. hee hee) so we are already planning what we are going to be eating down there! haha.......

anyway ....... here is to another POP day!

Katy, how did you make out? you stayed POP with me right? didn't let your time at the COD make you slip? I know how you feel though. My COD was located right behind Krispy Kreme, and when I had a bad visit like that. that was my first stop after WI.

have a great day all!

aguerin
11-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Good Morning All.

Here is my Thanksgiving Day Plan Lettie. :eating2:

Breakfast - As Usual
Dinner - Free for all - but limited to the foods I really want and what I usually cant have. Dessert - Something I bring from the LAWL Cookbook.
Supper - As Usual- Rest of LAWL Dessert

Friday / Saturday - TO

Its the cornbread dressing and Sweet Potatoe casserole that will get me. Oh yea and :chicken: and dumplings. I can smell them now. :hun:

Katy66
11-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Hey all! Wanted to check in early today because I've got a busy day. Check out my signature, SECOND DAY of being POP! Thanks for all the encouragement:)

Nicole - Thanks for the info on fitday. I'll have to check that out.

SScott - I feel the same way with my COD. They have had almost 100% turnover since I started. The manager that I never really liked is the only original one left. It is just not motivating to me anymore to go in there for a sales pitch! I'm considering getting my lites and doing it on my own...... well with the gals (and guy) here:)

As for my Thanksgiving plans....my family generally doesn't get together until Saturday so that is when I will have my turkey and other traditional items. I do plan on eating but like Lettie will try to keep the other meals light and no snacks. As for the actual day - I'm planning a large pot of homemade soup for the three of us that will of course be on plan:)

I would LOVE to be down 5 lbs by Thanksgiving day and into 1derland by Christmas!

aguerin
11-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Congrats Lettie. Makes me want to do a TO.

Katy66
11-07-2007, 09:58 AM
:congrat:

CONGRATULATIONS LETTIE! Way to go staying on plan for two take off days!

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

lacorso
11-07-2007, 10:04 AM
congrats lettie!!
i jumped onto the scale this morning myself and i am down 2 lbs...i didnt eat all of my food yesterday though..and i am starving now....
Nicole, fitday.com is a pretty good site, have you tried ***********.com?..there are a few more options on that site...have a POP day ALL;)

lacorso
11-07-2007, 10:04 AM
wow they didnt let me print spark people??

zambejaly5
11-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Katy, thanks, but........... you didn't answer me...... were you POP yesterday????? please tell me you hung in there with me?!

Linda, weird about your post!

Katy66
11-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Lettie - Sorry, I had posted earlier and changed my signature. I was definately on plan. Didn't do well on water until the end of the day so I was up a couple of times last night:( I've started early this am and already have 20oz in:) Tomorrow will be a challenge. I'm in this HR leadership course that meets once a week and they take us out to lunch. We generally go somewhere with lots of choices though so I should be able to manage. Good luck today, you must feel awesome!

Repo girl
11-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Lettie- Great job!!!

Nicole- The COD wants me to stay on plan 3 but take away a starch if I feel that I am getting too much. Yeah, right.

Well, my WI at the COD was sobering to say the least. I am not going to change my ticker for a couple of weeks because I am in denial, hehe. I stayed as close to plan as possible yesterday, bought groceries last night, and now I am POP. I can lose this gain quickly, easy come, easy go, right?

I am sure that this has already been discussed at length, but I need some feedback on the control trim capsules. Has anyone had any luck with them?

Jamiep03
11-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Good morning ladies and Dan,

Went for a WI last night and I wasn't really pleased I was up 1 pound. But now I know why TOM is on so that would do it. But the COD said that I should drink warm water with lemon to get rid of the bloating twice a day so I started that this morning.

Nicole thanks for the encouragement.

Hope you have a great day.

Jamie

Mama Nicole
11-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Good morning everyone :)

I am feeling like a schmuck this morning, as I did a fair amount of yelling at 17 yo DD. She switched her school hours (long story) from starting at 10:00 a.m. to starting at 7:00 a.m. in an attempt to prove that she can now get herself up in the mornings so she can go back to public highschool (this was against my best judgement), and she is failing miserably. Oh, crap, I will finish this later, I have to go pick her up now :)

MomOfThreeTeens
11-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Good morning everybody!!! I put a picture of me from my hike in my profile! Its on top of The Chimney Tops Trail in the Great Smoky Mountain national park! My legs and arms are so sore today it hurts to move! Why does it take a couple of days for the soreness to show up? LOL It was well worth it!

zambejaly5
11-07-2007, 11:51 AM
oh nicole join the club! our 15 yo DD had the worst day yesterday, she got caught with her cell phone AGAIN. forgot her pass that she needs to get out of study hall and go to her science tutor. and then we got her report card....... oh my...... a B three C's a D and an F........ all we expect is C's. She will probably get kicked off the softball team...... she was so upset last night that she was sobbing and couldn't breath......... I don't know what to do with that girl. she has time for friends, text msging, softball, and TV, but not for school work, cleaning her room and taking care of her cat......... (cat box!) anyway....... right there with ya!

amylou7777
11-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Kim-what a great accomplishment! I'm sure your son was amazed! Hang in there with the soreness-way to work those muscles!

Lettie-WOHOOO! That is awesome! KEEP IT UP. Love your Pug Avatar!

Lynn-I am definitely going to go back and look at my old diaries to that I can remember what I used to eat. I can remember the first 8 weeks I had SO much trouble getting 3 starches in. I was an old atkins dieter so when I started my mind just didn't understand how I could have carbs on a diet. So I used to only eat wasa crackers! Man if I could get back to that!

Nicole- I started my fitday! It is kind of time consuming but I'm sure once I get my regular foods in there it wont take so long. I was pleased to see that if I do lose 2lbs a week I can be at my goal by April 15 (dbfs birthday) that would be awesome but my graduation is about threee weeks later which is the real deadline for me! I gotta get to it...

Jaime-don't worry about your w/i. TOM usually adds about 1.5lbs to me and it then tapers off. It will be gone in no time!

Katie- so glad to see you back! Easy come, easy go girl-just get back to being strict POP and you will see it come off. How is baby Jackson? How is the baby from your daycare that had a seizure this summer?

Katy-way to go! Make this a POP day! You can definitely do this. I KNOW you will be in onderland by Christmas!

As for thanksgiving-if I had met my Halloween goal and was already in the
230s I think I would be more willing to give myself that day off. But I just can't add any more stalls at this point! I was hoping to be in a different pant size by turkey day and I don't think it's going to happen. So I will probably just stick with turkey and veggies and of course try a bite of the good stuff. But I just don't want to gain!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

zambejaly5
11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Lettie-WOHOOO! That is awesome! KEEP IT UP. Love your Pug Avatar!

Thanks, that was taken on her wedding day to her husband General Tso. They had to get married because we were hoping for puppies, but unfortunately they are childless. ...... But still in love....:D

Katy66
11-07-2007, 01:14 PM
AmyLou - I just noticed your signature, 5 days POP - that is awesome!

Lettie - love the picture and you are just too funny. Did you do a wedding cake for the ceremony?

Nicole - my DD is only 4 (5 in Dec) so I can't fully grasp how hard a teenager is but I can imagine. Good luck with getting her on to a schedule SHE can follow:)

Well I'm on my way to grab my lunch from the fridge and a diet coke, my treat for getting at least some of my water in today:)

zambejaly5
11-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Yes we had a cake, of course! here is the cake and the happy bride and groom on thier special day

Jrny2aNewMe
11-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Good morning all!

Way to go Lettie – 4 pounds on a take off – awesome!

Kim – that sounds like a wonderful hike. I have to admit that I am just now getting to the point where I can do some hikes again, up until now it was just too hard!

For all my American friends – what I did for Turkey Day up here was volunteer to make dessert, that way I could enjoy the meal (after all turkey is definitely OP), saved my starches and had a small serving of mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and some salad, and by making dessert I made pies using Splenda instead of sugar, and believe me no one could tell the difference.

Nicole – hang in there with your daughter – it does get better. My DD was on her own to get up for high school as I start work at 6 a.m. I don’t know how many days I got a panicked phone call from her that she had slept in – which in DD speak meant I was to phone the school and let them know she would be late and call her a cab. However, now that she is in university, she has days where she starts at 7 a.m. and I have not failed to get up in time once.

I have a little NSV that I have to share with you guys – typically when I arrive at work it is still the night security guard that is on duty, so I don’t see the the day security guard that often. However, this morning, I had to go past the security desk to another office in the building and the day security guard asked me if “I had done something to myself”. I was a little slow on the uptake this morning and didn’t pick up on what he was getting at so I asked him what he meant. Then I could tell he was a little uncomfortable asking, but eventually came out with “have you lost weight?”. When I replied yes, he said “you can really tell”. It sure is nice to know that people really can notice the difference.

BarbaraB
11-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Val, Good NSV, and I like your new avatar. I think you can even tell in your face that you've lost weight from your old avatar.

Lettie, that is just too precious with you pugs marrying. Congrats on a successful TO and for sticking with it.

Today is day 3 of my being on the gold plan. So far POP... or golden POPness, as I like to think about it. Seems so virtuous when I put it that way to myself. I think this will actually make the scale move! I hope so anyway...

Amy, a TO after thanksgiving? Hmmm... that is an idea that has some merit, since it can be really easy to let a holiday like that throw your focus off. Especially since I have my anniversary the Friday before, to that is two off plan days planned (planned off plan sounds wrong somehow?) I may join you on the after holiday take off.

zambejaly5
11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
wow I don't know about a day after T-Day TO.... that is scary. brave but scary

Mama Nicole
11-07-2007, 03:49 PM
ok........apparently my mothering skills are being tested to the MAX today. I have been running 17 yo DD all over the country.....had a home visit from the Parents As Teachers program (it's a program through our school district to prevent any developmental disabilities from going unoticed in babies and preschoolers)........ran DD some more.....and then I have to pick 10 yo DD up later and then go back to the school 20 minutes later for her conferences and fund raiser pick up. I can't get anything done in the house today. And I am pretty sure we are going to leave for Wisconsin tomorrow night.......but that will suck, cuz 17 yo DD has to work until 9:00 p.m........so it will be very late traveling..........and I still have to pack.......whaaaa whaa whaaaaaaaaaaa. I just want to make a pot of coffee, sit down on the couch, and crochet. I am making a really pretty afgan right now......and it is really turning out nice.........and that's all I want to do!!! Oh well...instead, I think I will go fold 25 loads of laundry :lol:!!! It's a glamorous life :)

Mama Nicole
11-07-2007, 03:52 PM
oh, and Amy.....yeah, fitday is kind of time consuming at first.....but you are right......once you get all of your usual foods customized........it is a breeze :) It really helps you see about your average amount of calories for a POP day (I find it usually varies about 200 cals)......and then it is really easy to see how little cheats and BLT's can upset the day.

zambejaly5
11-07-2007, 03:54 PM
so Nicole were do you go in WI? my parents live in Iowa but go to church and do all thier shopping in Prarie Du Chen....... how long does it take to get there from St. Louis?

bayoubelle68
11-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Yay! Went to WI this morning after doing TO on Monday and Tuesday. I lost 5.2 pounds!!!! That means I lost the pounds I had - ahem - added, plus an extra one!! Woo hoo!!

chiquita623
11-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Hey Everyone. Just a quick minute to jump on here.

Lettie - I love the av and the pics of the doggie wedding. What a hoot!!

Nicole - My DD is 27 and sometimes she tests my patience and she doesn't even live at home!!

Val - Good idea about the desserts and the T-Day strategy. I've been assigned "munchies and milk". Whatever that means. Not sure what I'll take yet. Been looking on the recipe boards for ideas. Kind of want to do something other than veges or fruit but am going to take that too no matter what I come up with.

Barbara - Glad the Gold Plan is working for you. That's what I've been on (except for a week when they told me to try Green and the evil COD manager took me off it). TO the day after T-Day sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe I'll join in that.

The thought of eating off plan on purpose for T-Day scares me. I'm afraid that I'll go crazy and won't want to get back on track after that. You know -once I've tasted FREEDOM and all. I'll have to put that in my brain and roll it around for a while.

Have a good afternoon all. Gotta look like I'm busy. (I'm at work.)

Mama Nicole
11-07-2007, 04:12 PM
WTG, Felicia!!! WHOOHOOO!!!!

Lettie.....we go to Kenosha. It is on Lake Michigan, between Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI. It is considered a suburb of Chicago, even though it is in a different state. DH and I are both from that area. My parents and his mom live there, along with my church. My church only meets twice a month (traveling ministers), so we usually make the trip once every other month to visit and go to church :)

Oh, and on the DD subject. I swear, my girl is walking a fine line these days. She got up late for school, which threw my schedule for the day.....and then to top it off........I stopped at her work so she could check her schedule, and she was in there for 30 minutes. I am quite certain it was not her fault that it took so long (computer problems), but she certainly could have walked out to let me know what was going on, as I was in the car with the boys. Anyway......I finally had to go in and get her, as I had an appt. with the parents as teachers educator. Well, by the time our home visit was done.......guess what......time to bring DD to work!!! I can't WAIT for her to get her car all ready..........cuz this is really making my life crazy. But, to top it all off......I told her that she needs to be more considerate of my schedule......and she had the nerve to look at me and say, "what exactly do YOU have to do today?" It took everything I had not to smack her across the face. She is just sooooo snotty sometimes.........and I try not to take it personally......but some days it is more difficult than others. She just seems quite irresponsible to me. I am thankful that these are my biggest complaints........cuz she is a good girl.......I just keep waiting for the day that we get along a bit better. Oh, and 5 yo DS is testing me big time too. I swear, I think sometimes they have secret meetings so they can all start acting up at the same time :lol:. I have had to put DS in time-out 3 times already today. Usually it is maybe once a week......so this sucks. He is really pushing to see what he can and can't get away with. This week he even tried the, "I'm not going to school," act. He cried when I left him on Tuesday........but his teacher called, and she said he quit within 2 minutes of me leaving. I have been through this before, so I knew I just had to stay positive and make a quick, clean get away.......but it still sucked. Anyway......I don't know I can't seem to stop bitc&^&* today. Maybe I need more sleep :lol:. I stayed up till 1:00 a.m. waiting for DH. He worked in Chicago yesterday and had a business dinner there.....so it was a late one. Note to self........mom's are not much good on no sleep........

Oh, to answer your question Lettie.......it takes anywhere from 5 to 6 hours.......depending on Joliet/Chicago traffic :).

Ok, really going to go do some folding now :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
11-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Oh, I guess I lied........Katie......so are you going to do Plan 3 then, or red? I am doing purple with lites.......but would really LOVE to have the extra dairies!!! (Remember, I AM from Wisconsin :))

bradleys mom
11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
GEEES gals slow down!!! I got a lot to catch up on!:)
Hi everyone! :) Be back later, I am stuck at work, then I have to go take an Anatomy test

Joni135
11-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Well, many are still around on this thread that know about the love of my life - my boxer dog Charlie (I think if you click on my avatar, there is still a picture of him in there). He was diagnosed with lymphoma in January '07 and after 11 months of chemo, some holistic measures, and going in and out of remission several times, DH and I had to have him put down today. Although he looked great, he was apparently in pain (dogs hide pain from their owners) and hadn't eaten a single thing in three days. There were a few other signs and the vet confirmed that it was time. We did the right thing at the right time. Thanks to those on this forum for their continued support, prayers and encouragement. It meant the world to me!
xoxoxo RIP Charlie Boy (Dec 30, 2001 - Nov 7, 2007).

JLem311
11-07-2007, 06:00 PM
so sorry joni, i'll be thinking about you! wish i could be there to give you a big hug!

chiquita623
11-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Oh Joni - I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie Dog. You are in my prayers. Hugs to you.

BarbaraB
11-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Joni, So sorry you lost your beloved Charlie dog. I did not know that not eating was a sign of pain (but I did know that it was a bad sign of their decline) My sweet Jojo has stopped eating for a day or two a couple of times but then snaps out of it and starts eating again. My DH now claims that he is going to live forever, but he has lost 10 pounds in the last year, so I don't think so... Anyway, even if you see it coming for months, it is still hard when they go. Oh, and he didn't even make 6 years! How awful!

Felicia, congrats on the loss. You are getting close to that 50 pound mark, are you still waiting for the hair cut? Or did you break down and just go and get it done. Hey perhaps it is 3 pounds of hair? No? Ok.... I still laugh when someone said they lost weight by shaving their legs.

Repo girl
11-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Oh, I guess I lied........Katie......so are you going to do Plan 3 then, or red? I am doing purple with lites.......but would really LOVE to have the extra dairies!!! (Remember, I AM from Wisconsin :))

I am doing plan 3. I am supposed to drop one starch, since I complained about the starches. I do love that extra starch!

slim n trim
11-07-2007, 08:14 PM
wow ..... this has been a chatty group the last couple days.

nothing new to report, just checking in quick while supper is cooking.

anyway, gotta go - everyone take care.

Lynx
11-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Joni,
I am so sorry about your loss of Charlie. I know you tried everything you could to save him. Take care.

Oh and Jillian, have a great time visiting with your little ones. I know you will.

zambejaly5
11-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Oh Joni I am so sorry, it is so hard to lose our doggy friends......

healthy2b
11-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi all.....

Joni -:hug:so sorry to hear about Charlie...I know that it is hard but you are right, you did the right thing and he is no longer in pain....we had to do the same thing with our Rudy this summer:hug:

Nicole - on the subject of DD - I can relate to your situation!!! I know we always love them but sometimes we don't like them very much. In my past experience, just when you really start to enjoy them again and the sweet, thoughtful and fun DD that you once knew comes back to you, it's time for them to graduate from high school and go off to college...then you seem to forget all of those trying times and miss them so much more while they're gone because they were so much fun right before they left.....I know they don't do it on purpose but it sure seems cruel that it happens that way.

bayoubelle68
11-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Oh, Joni! My heart just breaks for you. I know he was so much more than a dog to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

BarbaraB - No, I'm still holding out for the haircut. I do have a lot of hair though. It's really thick! Wish it would add up, but it never does. I'm hoping to hit the 50-pound mark soon enough that I can go back to school after Thanksgiving break with short hair and surprise my students! I don't shave my legs to get a better WI, but I heard at the COD that there's a lady who always blows her nose first!!

Katy66
11-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Joni, I'm so sorry to hear about your Charlie. It is hard but you did the right thing. I'll be thinking of you!

I'll be away from internet access tomorrow so probably won't get a chance to check in until late. Wanted to let you know that I'm on day 3 of POP! Thanks again for all the support.

Gotta run get DD to bed, talk to you guys sometime tomorrow.

Katy66
11-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh, congrats Felicia. That is an awesome loss!

equinetcan
11-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Joni, Sorry to hear about Charlie. I have been thru it myself with my 16 yr old Jack Russell so I know exactly how you feel and when it is Chancey's turn I will likely be a basket case. Just remember where he is now he is pain free and happy!!

Dan2112
11-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi gang...

Just a quick hit to say hello.. I've come back from the conference sick as a dog. I don't know if it was overindulging in salsa and really spicy pico de gallo at last night's fajita bar, or if I've caught a stomach bug from a co-worker at the conference.. Either way, I'm feeling REALLY, REALLY crappy...

Not sure what this will do to the scales.. I need to drink some more water or juice so I don't dehydrate...

Anyway.. Talk to you soon...

Tuesday Cool
11-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Joni,
My heart goes out to all who have the compassion to let animals into their lives enough to mourn them at the end. Our grief is payment for the unconditional love they gave during their lives.
As I write I am looking at the box containing the ashes of my dear Leon. Adventure dog, tripping hazard, companion, and love of my life (no offense to DH). I understand the loss after a long fight is no less painful.
I am a long time animal advocate (read nut). Have been a licensed veterinary nurse for 12 years, and work in a high volume animal shelter. I have seen so much death and loss, but it never stops hurting.
On Thanksgiving Day I will scatter Leon's ashes on Pismo Beach next to where I scattered his hero, Max, six years ago.
Thinking of you, Tuesday

whatazoo
11-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Joni,
I am so sorry to hear about Charlie. :hug: Unfortunately, I know how you feel. But I believe he is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge and is pain free and happy! My Edgar let me know about 4 days after he passed. Take care of yourself!!

amylou7777
11-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Joni,

Tears fall from my eyes as I write you to tell you that I hope you and your DH make it through this time in one piece. I know it has been a long hard battle, and I know I would have done the exact same thing. The last thing I would ever want is to watch my dog be in pain. But I just can't imagine having to let go. My dbf and I got our dog at the begining of our relationship and he is my first dog ever. He is absolutely treated like a child in our family and it sounds like dear Charlie dog was a huge part of your life. I just hope the pain of losing a member of your family subsides with time. Sending you lots of hugs, love and understanding....
RIP Charlie.

bayoubelle68
11-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Hey, guys. Think of me this morning. I have a meeting before school with the father of my newest student. He's only been at our school for 3 days, but it has been just awful. He has thrown my entire classroom into chaos - shouting out, yelling racial slurs, cursing in class and on the playground. He just has no respect for anyone or anything (Remember that I teach 2nd grade!). He has called several students (and me) horrible names. Yesterday, I had had enough and called his father to come meet with me and principal. In the 12 years I've taught, I've never had a student that affected me this way. I didn't sleep all night. My stomach is just in knots. Full-time photography instead of teaching is sounding really good right now!

Repo girl
11-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Oh Felicia, good luck with your meeting. I hope that the father is either kind and receptive, or so rude that the principal kicks them out of the school. You do not need this kind of stuff to deal with.

Joni- My thoughts and prayers are with you this morning.

Someone asked about my nephew, he is doing great, getting big. Also, the baby who was having all of the seizures moved to Chicago. I talked to his mom about a month ago and he had been in the hospital for a few weeks, then sent home with a permanent feeding tube. I really need to call her and see how he is doing now.

I was OP yesterday. It felt really good. I made beef stew for dinner and was not sure how to count it, so I counted it as S, S, P, V, V, Fat. It is nice to get back to feeling in control, you know.

Here is to a fantastic day everyone!!!

lacorso
11-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Joni, sorry to here about Charlie ...i cry sometimes just thinking about the day that i have to put my doggy to sleep and he is healthy and only 2, so my heart goes out to you:hug:...

I was POP for most of the day yesterday...but at 9pm, when we got back from our wed night family night at church, i had 1/2 bagel with butter, and a little bit of popcorn (about 1 cup Bagged) and 1/2 of a cookie, no matter what i ate, i didnt feel satisfied, so i quit before it got out of hand...
Today i am off to a good start though...i had chicken breast for breakfast with some rasperries and squash...sometimes i prefer dinner foods for breakfast

Nicole, i take back what i said about you always having fun!...i only have sons, and they can be big butt pains sometimes...i do have a granddaughter to look forward to teen years with..she is pictured in my avatar with my grandson...they are in Wind Lake, WI...son is in the Coast Guard

sscott
11-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Good morning all! I hope everyones day is off to a great start.

Joni, I am so sorry to hear about your dog, Charlie! It is so hard to lose a pet. Hang in there and remember all of the happy times!

Felicia, good luck with your meeting. I teach special education and work a lot with emotional disordered students, so this sounds all to familiar to me. Stay strong and confident and you can make it through! Taking and few deep breaths and saying a prayer or two can come in handy as well! Best of luck!

Beacon6
11-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Hi All, Happy Thursday!...That means tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!!

So far this week hasn't been too hard to follow the plan. Even when my DBF made dinner last night, steak and ceaser salad...oh AND chocolate chip peanut butter cookies which are my FAVORITE! I didn't eat ANY of the cookies! I couldn't believe it!! Mind over matter...I just know that I can't eat ONLY one so I can't eat ANY!

Joni-I'm so sorry to hear about your dog!

Nicole: Don't worry, there will definitely come a time when your daughter will stop being such a pain and the two of you will be best friends. I was an absolute terror to my mother when I was in high school! I don't know what it is about that age. Then I graduated and went off to college and changed my attitude. Now, my mom is my best friend and I can't go a day without talking to her!! Of course we still get in little arguments and I can still have a bratty moment because I know that she (like all moms) just want the best for their kids. It may be tough now but things will get bettr I promise!! Good luck with the terrible teens!

I don't know if I can do a TO the day after Thanksgiving...I'd be too tempted to cheat with all those leftovers around! I'm not leaving my parents house till Sunday (yikes!) but I rarely go home so I don't want to spoil it by doing the TO for two days, I'll just try to stay on plan after Thanksgiving. I'll start the TO on Monday. Is anyone else going to wait that long?

Have a great day everyone!!

emmysmom
11-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Joni - (((hugs))) I am so very sorry about Charlie. :hug:

Mama Nicole
11-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Joni, Joni, Joni........can't seem to get you off my brain :hug: I hope you are doing ok this morning. Did you take any time off of work? Are you having a pajama day? Do you have a girlfriend or two comming to check in on you and bring you soup and chocolate? I just read your post this morning, and I am just so sad for you. I know Charlie was your world :) He was lucky to have you!!! :hug:

Dan2112
11-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Morning gang...

Well, I'm feeling better, but still not 100%... I decided to go to work today despite Liz's attempts to keep me at home... We'll see how long I last today, but I've been out of the office so much this week and will be again tomorrow for some meetings, I needed to get in here to get some work done...

Joni... So sorry for your loss.. It's never easy and there are never words to say...

Linda - Dinner for breakfast is a good way to shock your system! I know what you mean about starting to eat and then starting to crave other things and not be satified... The best thing to do in those situations is just get the heck out of the kitchen and go to bed.. I've been in bed a LOT earlier since Liz and I started the plan.. I found that staying led to foraging in the pantry and snacking on all kinds of starches...

Have a great day all!

Mama Nicole
11-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Katie........dangit........I might have to try that next week. I was trying to do lites, but my tummy is about to explode......so I have to do something different. I think they put something in there to make you addicted to them :) I am going to go review plan 3 right now and contemplate it :)

Hi everyone.......I am not ignoring you all.......I read everything.......just have a lot to get done today in order to get all of my people ready and packed for our trip :)
XOXO

dawn78
11-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Joni – I’m so sorry to hear about Charlie dog. Just try to take comfort in the fact he’s no longer in pain. I know it’s not easy but hopefully time will help.

amylou7777
11-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Morning all-

Joni-still thinking about you and hoping that you are doing ok today. Let us know if you need anything and definitely feel free to talk about it as long as you need!

Dan-hope you feel better soon!! Being sick is just the worst.

Felicia-good luck with your meeting today. I worked in a classroom in college one year with 1 very disruptive child. It took forever but they finally removed him from the classroom. It was like a completely different class once he was gone, so I know how class-changing it can be to add a bad seed. I had determined that the boy in our class was so desperate for a father-figure that he just no longer responded to me or the teacher. They moved him to a male teacher where he just did better. Obviously this boy has a dad who cares enough to come in-so I hope you get to the bottom of it!

Nicole-good luck getting ready for your trip. Sounds like DD needs a car to give you a break. The snide comment she made to you would have made me want to slap he too! Although I am positive I made a similar comment to my mom at some point....believe me it will get better!

Katie-thanks for the Jackson update! Sorry to hear the other little boy is still struggling!

As for me-the past three weeks have been exhausting. I've had a final, a state exam and now this week my Trial for my trial advocacy class. It is so much work to prepare witnesses, write an opening statement, deal with pre trial motions AND try to be at school full time and work! I know I am whining but I just need to vent. I stayed up all night trying to get organized, practicing my opening statement in front of the mirror and ultimately ended up crying in the living room at 1230 in the morning. I literally just felt exhausted and dragged myself to bed. I feel somewhat better this morning and am tempted to skip my morning class to get myself calmed down and give myself extra time. Not sure which is the better idea. I just wish I handled stress better.

The good news is that after friday at 6pm I wont have any serious assignments due until after Thanksgiving! Yay for a weekend off!

Thanks for allowing me to whine on here...

Hope you all have a POP day!

EmilyLashea
11-08-2007, 12:45 PM
I haven't had time to post in a couple of days, so I'm going to try to catch up right quick.. :)

Lettie- The dogs are adorable and the wedding cake looks yummy! Was is doggie cake or people cake? :congrat: on the TO!!

Jillian- I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip! I'm sure you will..

Val- :bravo: for your NSV... it's so hard to tell for yourself sometimes, it's nice when someone you haven't seen in awhile notices right off!

Nicole- I hope things have clamed down with you and DD isn't giving you too hard of a time.. I promise it will get better!! Now that I'm out of the house my mom is my best friend!

Kim- Way to go on making the hike! The Smokies are beautiful.. I'm trying to get together a weekend to go up for my and DBf's anniversary next month..

Amy & Barbara- I am seriously considering a day after T-day TO. I've seen where some people do 3 days instead of 2? I've only ever done the 2 day.. Where did 3 come from?

Felicia- CONGRATS on the WI! That is awesome! I hope your meeting with your students dad went well and he wasn't as ill mannered as his son!

Joni- I am so sorry for the loss of your Charlie! :hug: It breaks my heart to even think of having to put one of my baby girls down. I know how animals can become much more than just pets in the family.. I hope you are taking some time and making it thru ok.

Tues- I am thinking of you as well with the loss of Leon. I'm not sure how recent your loss was, but I'm sure it is hard just the same..

Dan- Glad you are feeling better! Hopefully you'll be back at 100% before your meetings tomorrow! :)

AmyLou- I hope your Trial goes well!!! I'm glad you will be getting a little break before too long! I am so looking forward to the week off for Thanksgiving!

I've been reading everyones Thanksgiving plans and am thinking that going completely off plan for the day is definately not for me. I have ahd too hard of a time trying to get back on track. I will, however, make sure that I indulge enough to enjoy myself.. just a bite or two fo the yummies, and I will be making an OP strawberry cheesecake (my favorite!) so that I won't be tempted to dive face first into the dessert table! ;)

myboysnme2
11-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Good morning ladies and Dan!

Joni I just read you post. You were/are such a great doggie mommy to your Charlie dog! You gave him every chance on this earth and allowed him to continue his journey without pain. I too have been there and my thoughts are with you.:hug:

Nicole I have 5 year old DS who is not so D these days! The last couple of mornings have been nothing but tears and attitude. I tried to blame it on the time change but I think he should be used to that by now!

I'm at work...gotta go!

KimS

amylou7777
11-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks Emily!
I am with you on the Thanksgiving plan. I don't think I'm up for a TO afterwards bc I will be at home with my family and want to relax-but I can't get off track again. It's just not worth it for me.

Val-your new pic is great!! People better be noticing how awesome you look!

Ok-time to get off here and back to work!

myboysnme2
11-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Good morning ladies and Dan!

Joni I just read your post. You were/are such a great doggie mommy to your Charlie dog! You gave him every chance on this earth and allowed him to continue his journey without pain. I too have been there and my thoughts are with you.:hug:

Nicole I have 5 year old DS who is giving the D in DS a whole other meaning these days! The last couple of mornings have been nothing but tears and attitude. I tried to blame it on the time change but I think he should be used to that by now! :?:

I'm at work...gotta go!

KimS

amylou7777
11-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Beautiful picture KimS! Congrats on being BELOW your goal weight! Lookin good!

aguerin
11-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Love the new pics KimS. The ones of the boys is really good.

Good Luck AmyLou on your school stuff. I couldn't do it. Stress would kill me. I would have fever blisters all over my face. LOL

myboysnme2
11-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Thank you! Sorry about the double post, I found a typo and thought I caught it in time...

There is a picture of my beautiful boys in my profile also if anyone would like to take a peek....we just had pictures taken, so much fun! I used to hate having my picture taken:)

KimS

Kimphin
11-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Joni - I just read about Charlie Dog. I am so sorry to hear this, I know how hard you fought for him, and it appears that he fought hard for you too. My heart goes out to you.

Jrny2aNewMe
11-08-2007, 02:24 PM
GM all!

WTG Felicia – Wow!
I just can’t imagine a child acting that way. That has to be the most difficult part of being a teacher.

Oh Joni! I’m so sorry about Charlie Dog. I know how much he meant to you.
Tear jerker alert – When I lost my beloved dog last year I found a “headstone” that I put in my garden, it reads “If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I’d walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again.”

Nicole – boy do I hear you on not being able to wait until they have cars of their own. I can’t believe how much free time, and how much easier it made my life after DD got her own car.

Dan – hope you’re feeling better soon.

KimS – what a beautiful picture and your boys are so cute! I’m afraid I’m still in the “hate pictures of myself” zone.

EmilyLashea
11-08-2007, 04:00 PM
I just put up a picture of my babygirls [my two shih-tzu's libby and sophie] on my profile if anyone would like to see them =]

zambejaly5
11-08-2007, 04:24 PM
emily your doggies are such puff balls! and it was a people cake,,...... sorry puggies!

Nicole, we moved here to arkansas from the chicago area, we lived in bolingbrook and would go up to six flaggs alot, so I am very familure with the area you are talking about. have a safe trip!

lizababe
11-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Hiya everyone!

I'm sorry to be MIA so much lately. The sclae is showing it too... darnit.

Joni - I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie. I'm sending lots of hugs your way.

Not much going on here right now. I'm trying to get back into the swing of a normal life again and get back to POP. I'm doing so so with the food. Still not getting in all of my servings on this new plan and I really don't think the extra starches are my friend.

Is anyone having any success on the new plans?

I just woke up from a nap between shifts that was so cozy I took an extra half hour for it. It's cool, cloudy and a little foggy here today. My S**tty Kitty (Trust me, the name fits) had to sleep curled under my arm against my chest the whole time. Now I can't breathe and have to take an allergy pill but it was worth it. The pets have been so cuddly lately.

Anyway, I can't wait for the weekend. I'm on call for the chopper but hopefully I'll get to sleep without an alarm clock for two days. It's been a few weeks now since I've had that luxury.

And wouldn't you know as I was typing this I just got a message from COD. *sigh* I guess I'd better get in there. I think I have some water weight going on (smoked almonds are not our friends) so I'd better stop and get some lemons on my way to work and do the walk of shame at COD tomorrow.

The new pics all look wonderful! I miss catching up with everyone here!

JLem311
11-08-2007, 06:55 PM
hey everyone. just checking in before i start packing for my trip (can you say procrastinator!) i totally had to nap for a few hours since i've been up since 330am. it was our holiday launch today, so we were freakin' swamped! omg. it was a nuts day. glad to be off for a week!

i'll try and check in while i'm gone. hope everyone has a great weekend and week next week.

thanks for all the well-wishes! i'll be sure to travel safe. i travel so much that i'm beginning to know some of the airport people on a personal level! ha!

sscott
11-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey all! I just wanted to check in again. I hope you guys have had a great day. My day was alright. I just finished a long assessment with my daughter. We have been concerned about her development so infant development came into the home today to assess her. We should find out the assessment results tomorrow. It sounds like she might qualify, which is a good thing and a hard thing as the mommy. I want her to have therapy if she needs it, but deep down I just want everything to be normal. I just need ot keep praying!

I went to the COD this afternoon. I wasn't planning on going and before I went I downed a ton of water, which wasn't smart. The scale was up, but only slightly. The lady was so rude to me! She told me that obviously I am stuggling and that I must do TO every 14 days if I want to see success. I haven't even been on the program for 3 weeks and I have lost 10 pounds. I don't think that is too bad, do you? Every time I go I leave feeling defeated and down. I haven't told you everything about todays trip to the COD because it would be too hard to do over a post, but trust me it was BAD! My husband wants me to call someone because he thinks that after paying so much money they can atleast be kind and encouraging! Ugh! I am so frustrated. I don't even like going in and I am supposed to go 3 times a week. I am tempted to just do it myself and weigh at home. I am sure it would be harder to stay accountable, but then I wouldn't have people telling me that "obviously you're struggling". What do you think? Any experiences similar or any advice on what to do? Thanks again for really being supportive and not pointing out all my faults.

Stacy

Mama Nicole
11-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Nicole, we moved here to arkansas from the chicago area, we lived in bolingbrook and would go up to six flaggs alot, so I am very familure with the area you are talking about. have a safe trip!
No way!!! DH worked in Bolingbrook on Tuesday. For real. It is about 4 1/2 to 5 hours from here, and he usually doesn't do a same day trip for that far, but he only had one appointment there. Seems so silly to me, but what do I know :) The six flags in Gurnee is the best one I have seen so far. They have great roller coasters :) I was born in Highland Park, lived in Deerfield, Mundelein, and then in Kenosha. Most of my mom's family is in Kenosha. My dad also has some family out in Kenosha County. It's a small world, isn't it? Is Bolingbrook where you first started raising kids?

EmilyLashea
11-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Stacy- I know just what you mean. DBf has suggested that I call someone as well since I have has such a bad experience with my COD. Besides the fact that my counselor acts like she could care less about how I'm doing and like she'd rather not be there, but I also think she doesn't have a clue as to what she is doing! Good luck with your daughter! I'll be praying for you! :)

Tuesday Cool
11-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Linda, I like to have dinner for breakfast as well. I like left overs best. I had left over broccoli with my Slim Down this morning! Then I had some cheese. I never feel satisfied with cereal in the morning. T

Lynx
11-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Stacy,
Good morning.

First of all, I hope that the evaluation for your daughter brings you the answers you need. If she does need help, they say the earlier that you get help, the more difference it can make. Take care.

Then, I am sorry that your experience with your COD is upsetting to you, but I do have a question for you. Did you sign up for an accelerated program that promised that you would lose 25 pounds in 8 weeks or something like that? Often times, these “specials” are advertised on TV. These are programs out there that both LA weightloss centers and Pure Weight loss centers sell from time to time and they promise big losses in a short amount of time and therefore, the cost is a set amount, maybe $199 or $250. I am not trying to excuse the behavior of a counselor, but I am trying to understand. This is one area that I do not remember a discussion on in the last 9 months since I have been reading this board.

With accelerated programs, the rules for clients are more restrictive than they are on the regular color coded or numbered plans. I believe that they (COD) expect the client to do a TO every 2 weeks, not eat frozen meals, or eat out and in addition have more limited food choices.

If you or anyone reading this signed up for an accerelated program, the counselors are tougher on the client because the program “promised” a high weight loss within a short amount of time. They (the counselors) push hard because of the type of program – faster weight loss than the “regular” programs.

I don’t know if this is the case in your situation. I just thought I would ask the question.

Again, take care and please let us know if we can help in any way or try to answer some questions for you.

week 44
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 54 lbs.

Lynx
11-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Good morning and TGIF-
I got so caught up trying to answer Stacy's question, that I forgot to say hello and keep up the good work to everyone else.

week 44
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 54 lbs.

aguerin
11-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Good Mornig ALL and TGIF!!!!

Stacey - Hope all is going well with your daughter. I just love her picture. Wouldn't the world be a better place if we were all that happy?

Felicia - Please tell us how the meeting went with Father of Problem Child yesterday.

I hate that the CODs are nasty to some, but I find a little come back or sarcasm to them usually tones that down in most situations or just point blank tell then that their attitude is not necessary.

At my last visit (4 Weeks ago), I told them I would be traveling for two weeks and NOT to call me I was not a two year old. I just haven't been back in since I am on maintenance, maintaining and I don't want any of their products. I don't see the point. Their scale is no better than mine at home. If I get out of control, I may need to drop back in.

Having a Pet Scan done today to see if I have any of the big C anywhere. This is suppose to be routine, but still it is like a test that you cannot study for and change the results. Keep me in your thoughts today. I won't know the results until next week.

Repo girl
11-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Amy- GL with your scan, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Stacy- Sorry to hear that your COD was so rude. I can honestly say that my COD has never been like that. The girls there are so sweet. Is there one couselor there that you do like? If so, just request her when you go in. You can do that, and avoid the hose beasts that make you feel like crap. Also, you may want to meet with the manager and explain to her how you have been feeling. It is okay to expect good service, after all.

I was POP yesterday until dinner, then....not so much. I am going to WI this morning however, so we will see how things have gone this week. My home scale show me down a lot, so I will be excited to see how that turns out.

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!

zambejaly5
11-09-2007, 10:29 AM
No way!!! DH worked in Bolingbrook on Tuesday. For real. It is about 4 1/2 to 5 hours from here, and he usually doesn't do a same day trip for that far, but he only had one appointment there. Seems so silly to me, but what do I know :) The six flags in Gurnee is the best one I have seen so far. They have great roller coasters :) I was born in Highland Park, lived in Deerfield, Mundelein, and then in Kenosha. Most of my mom's family is in Kenosha. My dad also has some family out in Kenosha County. It's a small world, isn't it? Is Bolingbrook where you first started raising kids?

kinda, we moved there when my oldest was 2 1/2 and my second oldest was 1. and then we had the other three there. so yeah, for the most part. we lived in Bolingbrook for 8 years, lived in Willowbrook for about 8 months when we first moved to the chicago area, before that we were in the Quad Cities, for about 3 years. I love chicago. I am really glad to be here in AR, we have a great community for raising kids, but I still miss the windy city..... who knows maybe some day we can move back, although friend wise the longer we stay here the harder that would probably be. I picuture us living here into retirement and being old farts playing card in the eveing together........ heehee.

Have a safe trip

sscott
11-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Good Morning all! Thank you for all the well wishes in regards to my daughter. We should find out the eval results today, so I am a bit on edge.

Emily - Thanks for the encouraging words. I am sorry to hear that you have experienced similar problems. Hopefully things will get a little better. We need to stand up for ourselves, I think!

Lynn - No I am not on an accelerated program. I have 40 weeks of weight loss, 6 stabalization, and 6 maintenance.

Amy - I will be praying for you as you go through the scan. Think positive thoughts!

Have a happy Friday! Any big weekend plans? We are just hanging out at home this weekend. I am looking forward to it!

Dan2112
11-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone.. Busy day on tap for me, so I'll be brief..

Feeling much better, so thanks for all the well wishes...

Amy.. Good luck with the scan.. It's good that you're being proactive about that stuff..

Katie.. Hope the WI goes well..

Stacy.. Sorry you're having to deal with such a prat at your COD.. Before you call the home office, talk to the manager and express your concerns... We pay big bucks for this program and shouldn't have to take rudness from anyone... Stand your ground and be strong.. Luckily, when our COD's were open, we had really helpful and supportive counselors so I never had to deal with what you and some of the others have to go through..

I hope your DD's results are promising.. We did a motor skills evaluation with our son when he was little.. He showed absolutely no desire or inclination toward walking, so we had him tested.. They showed that while he was a late bloomer, it wasn't much to worry about.. Now that he's 7, we can't seem to stop him from running around.. :lol:

Jamiep03
11-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Good Morning All and TGIF,

Amy - good luck with your scan

I have a WI today and I hope it goes better than the other day.

Jamie

chiquita623
11-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Hope you all have a great Friday!! I'm at work and trying not to do too much. We'll see how that works out for me. Usually not that great. Going to DD's in St. Louis this weekend. Better go to the store and take my own vege's and stuff. She doesn't eat the same things I do.

Stacy - I hope everything turns out well with the eval on your daughter. She is a cutie with the happiest little face.

Amy - Good luck with your scan. You'll be in my prayers for good results.

Katie - Good luck with the WI. Keeping my fingers crossed you are in the minus column.

Jillian and Nicole - Have safe trips, have fun but be careful.

Lettie - I used to live in Galesburg and now live in Peoria. Not too far from the Quad Cities.

Have a good day everyone. I'll be back later.

Repo girl
11-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Whohoooo! Down 4 lbs!!!

chiquita623
11-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Great job Katie!!!

Went to the COD yesterday and they told me that it appears I'm at a plateau. Ya think?? I've only been stuck at this weight for the past 3 months. Anyway they told me that I might want to think about the fact that maybe this is the weight my body wants to be at and this is my "ideal" weight. I'm OK with the way I look and the size clothes I wear and all. It's just the number I'm having a hard time time with since I had it in my head that I wanted to weigh between 160 and 165. Now I don't know what to do. Anyone else have or had this dilema?

Lynx
11-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Welcome back Katie - So glad to see such a great result for you on the first week back. We really, really missed you......

Amy - I will be thinking of you today. Hope all is well with your scan.

Have a great weekend everyone, stay on plan.....

week 44
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 55 lbs.

Katy66
11-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey gang! Just a QUICK drop in to say hello and report that I'm still POP for the week. We've got major projects going on at work so not a lot of time to chat. Hopefully I'll be able to check back in and catch up on posts a little later!

slim n trim
11-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Good Morning All,

Joni, I think that last time I was on here, I completely missed a page before I posted..... because I just read about Charlie. I am so sorry. I hope you are doing OK. I know how attached we get to these pets. I have been there. My thoughts are with you.

On a happier note, KimS love the pictures. The pics of your boys is adorable.

And Emily, your dogs are to cute. I also have a ****zu/Maltese cross - named Chloe. She looks very similar to your girls.

Jill - hope you have a great vacation, you deserve a nice rest.

Nothing new happening in my world. I am off work today - so just doing some catching up around home, and this aft going to get some shopping done. Trying to get ahead on the Christmas thing, and I am about 1/2 done. Yeah me!!!

Have been doing pretty good pop this past week, with the exception of last night when I went to an Epicure party a friend of mine hosted, and they had all these different samples of dips and stuff for fruits and veggies, and crackers. I tried to not have to many crackers and mostly fruits and veggies to sample the dips, but still .... the dips!!! Oh well, I will try and burn off that sour cream and mayo today.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

aguerin
11-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Does anybody think its odd that we usually plateu about 10 lbs above our goal weight? I'm mean what if our goal weight was lower for example, would we plateu 10 lbs above that weight too? I just don't get it. It's like the carrot you tie in front of the Donkey and he just keeps walking and walking to get it but he never does.

If I move my Goal weight down to 115 then maybe I can reach 125-130.

bayoubelle68
11-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey, guys. My meeting with the dad of my behavior challenge went so well. Dad is a very nice man. I found out that the little boy only moved in with his dad on Sunday. He has been living with his mother in a very unstable environment. Mom curses every other word, has a new guy in the house every week, never picked the kids up from daycare before 8 or 9 every night, didn't make this little boy go to bed until midnight or later. She also has a 1 year old that my student was responsible for getting up and changing and feeding during the night! Dad said that now that mom has basically given the little boy to him, he can now pursue custody without much of a fight. He said that with this little boy, he is basically "fighting someone else's monster." And that's true. He did tell me to call him any time I had trouble and that he would be here within 30 minutes to take care of things. He even came and had lunch with his son yesterday so that he knows that Dad can pop in anytime and check on him. Yesterday was a much better day - almost as if I had a different child in my room! Hopefully that will continue and will get better as his dad seeks to make big changes in his life for the better.

Joni135
11-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Lettie - I'm behind about 4 pages of posts, but just got a big smile when I looked at your profile picture of the pug wedding photo. Cutest dang thing in the world!

Karen - thanks for the shout out...Can you post a picture of Chloe...she sounds adorable.

Laurie - this could certainly be the ideal weight for you but there are a lot of factors to be considered. Most important of all is how you feel; how your clothes feel, etc. If you've been POP for three months and the scale has not budged, I'd say you have arrived.

Katie - 4 lbs....I'm so jealous! Hope all your limbs are still attached!

Lettie/Nicole - I'm Chicago born and raised; lived there 33 years so all the cities you two mention are familiar to me. I was a true Northside city girl...you were suburbanites.

Dixie Amy - your scan will be good...your scan will be good!

Lynn - I think you need to talk to Suzanne (3FC) and offer to moderate this group. You seem to have a lot of this program down pat. I don't go to a COD anymore, so I'm not very qualified.

Stacy - hope all turns out for your DD - she looks like the picture of health in your avatar!

Hi Jillian - oh...have fun with the kids. I'm still loving your new "do."

Hi Liza - I haven't been around much either...my new job is busy, company is still at my house, and the obvious lack of interest in anything since losing Charlie. Yep...time to face the music. You can do this! Sounds like you may be in a bit of a funk...plan something special for yourself. You deserve it.

Emily - I'm on my way to 'Bama to pick up Libby and Sophie. Emma dog needs some company :-)

Val - I, too, love that poem. When I get a little less emotional about all this I want to make up a scrapbook of some sort and I have collected lots of encouraging words and thoughts from folks. I love your new avatar...you look like your daughter...is that your daughter???

KimS - wow...great picture of you and DH and of your boys. Thanks for sharing. You look super!
Also, thanks for thoughts on Charlie Dog...
So, those of you having kid problems, the D no longer stands for Darling???

Lawyer to be Amy - thanks for asking about me. I'm holding steady...but far from being in my ultimate happy place. The "faucet" turns out when I least expect it. And, then, as quickly as it turned on, it shuts off. Your other post about you and dbf getting your dog in the beginning of your relationship is exactly how it started for Tim and I. Charlie was my first pet and since we have no kids, he and Emma are well trained, but extremely spoiled and personified in many ways. When Charlie was little we would get teary eyed thinking about the fact that dogs usually go before their owners. The thought of losing him was devastating, but somehow, we make it through these tough times; I guess they call it living life.
I see from your post, though, that I'm not the only one crying in the middle of the night. I give you so much credit pulling off the schedule you do. Take a deep breath; you'll get through all this before you know it. Should we call you "judging Amy?"

Dan - hope you are feeling better. I guess there is truth to the saying "can't keep a good man down!" I know you, too, lost a pet not too long ago. Sucks, doesn't it?

Katy66, Alannah, Carrie, Felicia, BarbB, Laurie, Jillian, Nicole, Tina, Dawn, Kimphin NY, Linda, Beacon in Boston - thanks for the hugs and wishes!

Felicia - you must tell us how the meeting went. This sounds horrible and you are too special of a teacher to leave the system. Don't let this one incident bring you down. The thought that a 2nd grader can be so horrible truly amazes me. There is obviously something behind all his behavior problems, isn't there? (thanks for the update....we were posting at the same time)

Okay Stephanie - just what did Edgar do on Day 4???

Tuesday - Thank you for the beautiful post. I don't recognize the name, but that doesn't matter. You touched me and sounds like Leon and Charlie may become good buds before too long! Thank goodness for all the wonderful vet techs that have been there for Charlie and me this past year. At my vet's office every single tech came out from behind the counter to hug me and Charlie...he had a knack with the ladies!! We have not decided exactly what to do with Charlie's cremains...no rush....something will guide us.

Okay - I still have more to read...but gotta work. I'm way behind.

slim n trim
11-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Joni - i posted a picture of my Chloe on my profile - as asked.
I just received this email, and had to share. I thought of you immediately. On the email there was a picture of the dog, but thats okay, I am sure you get the jist of it.

Dog passing - Some people are truly angels on earth

Someone in the US Postal service has a heart - this will really warm your heart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one of the kindest things I've ever experienced. �I have no way to know who sent it, but there is a kind soul working in the dead letter office of the US postal service.

Our 14 year old dog, Abbey, died last month. The day after she died, my 4 year old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. � She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so she dictated these words:

Dear God,
Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick. �I hope you will play with her. She likes to play with balls and to swim. �I am sending a picture of her so when you see her You will know that she is my dog. �I really miss her.
Love, Meredith.

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven �We put our return address on it. �Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had. �

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, "To Meredith" in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. � Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, "When a Pet Dies." Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:�

Dear Meredith,
Abbey arrived safely in heaven. Having the picture was a big help. I recognized Abbey right away. � Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. �Abbey loved being your dog. �Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in, so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by.

Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you. I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. �By the way, I am wherever there is love.
Love, God

smjezzy
11-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Hi ladies! I haven't been here in a while. Sorta jumped off the wagon and have been disgusted with it all. I'm trying to re-commit and this is a great place to start. In May my weight stalled and I juggled the same 4 lbs up and down until around August. I fought and fought with the counselors till I finally just gave up. Well all the old counselors are gone, my COD moved and is now right up the road from my house so I really don't have much excuse anymore! Blast! I also have an appointment scheduled tonight at the gym to re-do my body assessment and then get the tour of the gym and instructions on the equipment that I didn't get a year ago when we joined. I'm hoping all this will be the kick in the pants I need. I know it has to come from within but I'm really not sure where it went or why.

I have tried to skim some of the posts. I see some old timers and lots of new people. I need to scan back further but have I missed anything terribly exciting? Anyone hit the ever illusive onederland?

Good to see familiar faces again and I hope everyone is doing well and losing steadily!

whatazoo
11-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Joni,
OK, I know this will sound weird, but here is goes. The 4th night after his passing, I dreamt that Edgar hadn't passed, that I went back to the vets and he was ready to come home, so happy to see me - acting like his normal dorky self! I guess in my mind, he was happy where he was, pain free and was letting me know that he was fine! I know, sounds weird, but I guess it worked for me, because I did feel better. It was then that I finally was able to start eating again, etc. So make sure you take care of yourself. :hug:

Joni135
11-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Stephanie - not wierd at all. Rather cool if you ask me. My appetite is slowly returning and I'm taking my vitamins!

Hi Shannon - welcome back! Let's see -- the biggest change is that Cassi (Biz Law Chik) is MIA. She started culinary school, was working part-time at a "dinners to go" type place, lost/left her paralegal job and we haven't heard from her in ages.

Oh Karen - that is so sweet. Wonder if I should write a letter :-). Now where are those darn kleenex?? Oh, I just remembered to check out Chloe....I would love to get kisses from that little thing!!

EmilyLashea
11-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Amy- I hope all is well with your test results!

Katie- Consider yourself lucky that you have a good COD.. and congrats on your loss!!! :cheer:

Stacy- You're right.. I think we do need to stand up for ourselves!

Karen- Chloe is so cute! You can definately tell she has some Maltese in her..

Felicia- I'm glad to know the father of you're student will be working with you to make sure things go well.

Joni- I'm sure my girls would play right along with Emma.. they think they're big girls! ;)

Shannon- Welcome Back! :)

So, I went to the COD today and for the third week in a row am the same weight to the ounce. I know I complain all the time about my dreaded counselor and that she is completely clueless, but let me just justify that right quick :) I went in today and met with one of the many counselors that float thru on occasion. She looked at my book and asked me why I was not eating the right amounts of my foods. [which I have been eating the whole time and my counselor has never mentioned.] I do not really eat veggies so they have changed my plan up per the dietician to make it as suitable as possible. Well.. this whole time I was supposed to be getting an extra fruit and 1/2 dairy to substitute for my veggies that i don't get.. and instead my counselor has had me eating an extra 1/2 dairy and an extra starch! This is posted plainly that the top of my chart, and the new girl noticed it right off. My regular counselor has been checking my chart and my book for probably 2 months since we changed to the numbered plans and never even noticed.. not to mention that she is the one that told me wrong to begin with.. I am, needless to say, very irritated. I am hoping, now that she has changed that around, that maybe I will see the scale move a little!

Jrny2aNewMe
11-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Karen - What a beautiful story, but now everybody at work is wondering why I'm sitting here crying.

Joni - Yes that's my DD.

Felicia - glad the meeting with the father went well. I tell you, some people don't deserve to be mothers, but thank heavens it sounds like he has a good dad.

Emily - how frustrating, but good to see somebody else picked up on it.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, and to my Canadian friends, hope you have a good long weekend.

Dan2112
11-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey gang..

Katie - Way to go on the loss!!!

Shannon - Welcome back.. Now that you're back in the saddle, it's time to gallop!!

Amy - I had the same problem and I think it's a mental thing... I mean, yes, our bodies have now grown accustomed to the whole "new lifestyle" thing and there's more resistance.. BUT.. I think it's more that our brains have grown more comfortable with where we are and as such, subconciously, we're not as focused.. Conciously we're stressing about getting to that final destination, but inwardly, we're telling ourselves that "Hey! I look and feel great, so I can start chilling out with this diet thing."

So naturally, the two trains of thought are colliding and as such, it causes even more stress which then slows the process down...

My last 10 pounds were awful.. But once I reached goal, I KEPT LOOSING, and couldn't figure out how to stop.. So I really focused on stabilization and now maintenance.. I bottomed out at about 187 and have hovered around 190 since then... Which leads me to Laurie's comments....

Laurie.. I think your counselors thought that "Your body may just be where it needs to be" is her way of saying "Well, I can't think of anything else for you to try, so we'll just call it good right there."... If you're comfortable with it, fine, but I don't believe you've stopped losing weight because you're body is comfortable with where it's at.. Of course, I may be full of crap (and after my 4 days at a resort this week, that may be more true than I know), so you should get a second medical opinion.. I'd schedule a trip to the doctor and see what he/she says about your stall-out.. See if there's a medical reason..

They always say we should consult a doctor before getting into a weight loss plan, and this is the reason!! I've been trying to get Liz to go see our doctor to see if he has any suggestions as to why she's stalled out.. She hasn't yet, but that's another story.. :lol:

chiquita623
11-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks to everyone for responding to my dilema.

Dan - it is time for me to go to the dr. to have them recheck my thyroid and see if my meds need adjusting. Maybe that has something to do with it. Gives me the motivation to go now. And I thought the same thing when she made the comment that maybe she's exhausted all her little tricks and sayings to no avail so maybe I should just be glad at where I'm at. Don't get me wrong I am happy that I'm 34 pounds lighter than I was at the beginning of the year. I'm thrilled actually. I just think I have anothre 10 pounds or so that I could stand to lose. I'll try the dr. route and see what she says. Gives me something to do when I'm off the week of Thanksgiving.

Emily - I hope things start moving in the right direction now that the COD has figured out that things weren't working in your favor.

Felicia - I'm so glad the boy's father is so responsible and concerned with his son's well being. Explains a lot about his actions and outbursts. Poor little fella.

Karen - What a heartwarming story. I'm sniffling and my coworker is looking at me like I have 3 heads.

Well it's almost time for me to leave work for the weekend. Going to DD's in St. Louis for the weekend. I'll check in when I can otherwise I'll be back on here on Tuesday. Everyone have a good weekend.

slim n trim
11-09-2007, 06:45 PM
hey Joni, Chloe doesn't know how to type, but she does know how to give kisses, so I am helping her out, and she is send kisses your way.

Sorry if I made you all tear up with the dog story - would anyone like a kleenex?

amylou7777
11-10-2007, 03:11 AM
Hi all!

My, my, my what a day I had! My trial is OVER! And it went really well. We didn't get the verdict but I guess that's what happens when you are forced to represent the big bad insurance company...but I feel confident about how I did. I was glad that all of my practice actually paid off and I didn't blow it! I hate trial preparation but there's nothing more exhilirating than giving an opening or cross examining a witness! So glad it is over though!

Joni-my mom sometimes calles me judging Amy (she was a big fan of that show). It was great to hear from you. I'm sure it is still very fresh to you-but I hope the pain is getting somewhat better day to day. I'm sure Emma is going through her own mourning. I will be a mess when it is Maverick's time. I don't think anyone understands how much he means to dbf and I. They really feel like they are humans after a while. I'm sure it just feels like your family is not complete without Charlie around. I'm so glad you had great vet techs no help you through this. Good luck catching up with work.

Emily-your babies are so cute! My mom just got a shi tzu a few months ago. I picked her name, Mimi and she is the sweetest little girl. My mom is totally in love.

Karen-Chloe has the sweetest little face! The dog story is SO touching. Loved it.

Shannon- good to see you back!! You can do this!! A COD right near your house?! Talk abou guilt if you don;t go in!! Just get started and it will all come back!

I still have more to go through and read-but a big HI!! To everyone else!

amylou7777
11-10-2007, 03:19 AM
Amy-will be thinking positive thoughts and sending prayers your way until you let us know that your scan came back clean and clear!!

healthy2b
11-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Hi Everyone....was so busy last week at work I didn't get to check in as often as usual but had a few minutes this morning and scanned some of last weeks posts.

Felicia - so glad your meeting with the dad went well....the situations some of kids today have to deal with so young just breaks my heart....hopefully dad can make things better:)

Karen - great story - renews your faith in everyday people.

Joni - I hope you continue to feel better even though I know how hard it is....hopefully every day will get a little easier.

Katy - glad to see you back!

LawyertobeAmy - (stealing your name from Joni) congrats on finishing your trial.....I'm sure your mother is very proud of your accomplishments and the hard work its taken you to get here. (I was a big Judging Amy fan also, glad to see the actress on Private Practice)

Have a great weekend everyone! Whoo Hoo I have Monday off of work so I'm going to enjoy my long weekend and try not to do much but relax.

Kim0303
11-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Amylou, Glad you made it through the trail.

Amy, Praying things are fine with your recheck. Let us know. I know you get uneasy evertime you go. Everytime my father has a pain, I freak out. He was in stage 4 before they figured it out.

Karen and Joni, I am praying for you guys too. Wow, I don't know how you make it through that. My dog is over 17 and she has been really ill twice. I absolutely fell apart. Second time she got sick I was working, I couldn't go to work, trying to get a dr. (hers was off), she is tempermental. Anyway she is definately my shadow. Of couse it will take years to get dog hair off of everything but she is worth it!

Well I haven't checked in for a while, been lurking and reading. Went to WI today and told her I was agravated that I was hanging out at the same weight. Didn't tell her that I munch all the time! Anyway she changed my daily menu so I need to stay POP and see if it will work. She promised 3 pounds by Saturday if I would do what she said. I am not holding my breath!

300 pounds??? Does anyone know what someone weighing 300 pounds should be on. I have a friend (male) that is trying to go by what I eat. I told him I knew he should eat more than what I am eating. So he is semi following the diet. He has lost what ever he is doing but I told him I would try to find out the exacts so if someone could PM me, I would appreciate it. Of course it would be without lights. His Dr told him to get the weight off now! He use to coach and was active now he got promoted to a desk job. (Yeh or not?) I would appreciate your help and so would he.

Have a great rest of the weekend. Stay POP till the next time.

sscott
11-10-2007, 10:35 PM
I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I am having a great weekend. Knowing I don't have to work on Monday is very helpful. We got our DD assessment results back and they determined that her developmental delays are significant enough to begin in home therapy. It's been a little rough on Mom knowing how to deal with all of this. Scary to say the least, but we'll make it through!

I spent today making lefse. For those of you not from scandinavia-ville, lefse is looks similar to a flour tortilla, but it is made out of potatoes. We eat it with butter and sugar. I must confess, I have had a little of it, but not as much as I normal would have eaten. The rest is in the freezer for Christmas and Thanksgiving!

Well, I am going to get cack to watching the hockey game. I just thought I would chack in. Enjoy your weekend!

amylou7777
11-10-2007, 11:50 PM
s-I know you are probably dissapointed in the news- but be so glad that you were proactive enough to have her tested and now she is getting the help that she needs! The help that will work! We are here for you if you need to tell us how it is going!

Lefse sounds YUMMY! I used to work at a school where 98% of the students were from Mexico-their moms would bring us homemade tortillas that we would eat with warm butter! oh man! that sounds goot. Lefse w/ sugar and butter sounds so good!

Thanks for all of your support guys! I finally had a day off today-and let me tell you it felt GOOD!

Kim-I'm going to join in on your challenge on the grandmother's house thread....I promise!
As for your friend I think he would probably be on Red 1-I'm not sure-I think they may get an extra 1/2 protein and an extra starch? Not sure where I'm pulling that from-I'm sure someone else will know!

bayoubelle68
11-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Kim #3 - That's where DH and I started and our plan was (and still is) 4V, 4Fr, 4S, 2 1/2P, 2Fa, 2D. Hope that helps.

zambejaly5
11-11-2007, 10:59 AM
...I spent today making lefse. For those of you not from scandinavia-ville, lefse is looks similar to a flour tortilla, but it is made out of potatoes. We eat it with butter and sugar. I must confess, I have had a little of it, but not as much as I normal would have eaten. The rest is in the freezer for Christmas and Thanksgiving!...

OOOOOH LEFSE!!!!! YUM!!!!! we love lefse! I just bought a book for my sister for christmas that the whole book is about lefse. do you have a real lefse pan or do you just use a big reg. pan? we never put sugar on ours though just butter........ooooooh, now I want to go make some! it is not the holidays until the lefse comes out!!!

slim n trim
11-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Karen and Joni, I am praying for you guys too. Wow, I don't know how you make it through that. My dog is over 17 and she has been really ill twice. I absolutely fell apart. Second time she got sick I was working, I couldn't go to work, trying to get a dr. (hers was off), she is tempermental. Anyway she is definately my shadow. Of couse it will take years to get dog hair off of everything but she is worth it!

Kim, thanks for praying for me ... but my dog is just fine. I was just sharing an email that I had received that I thought might have some meanin for Joni.
But I know what you mean though, I have lost a pet in the past, and it is very difficult.

Kim0303
11-11-2007, 02:30 PM
That is what I get for lurking and not reading better. But yes any type of prayer can't hurt. Glad you cleared that up for me.
Hugs
Kim

bayoubelle68
11-11-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm on my way to do a portrait sitting for two little boys. We're going out to our airport. There's a big display of really old fighter jets mounted in a little park-like area. The boys have never seen the planes, so I'm hoping to get some awesome natural reaction shots when they first see them. It's a perfect overcast day for portraits. Keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't start raining!! Their mom just called to ask if I thought we could still take the pics today. I told her that I would go a little early and would call her if it started raining.

sscott
11-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Happy Sunday all!

Lettie - I have a real lefse pan. It was my grandfathers and he has since passed away so I really like being able to use it every year. My grandmother taught me how to make lefse. She was that last one in the family to make it so I figured I better learn from her while I could. It is a lot of work, but worth every minute!

Amy - I am glad you enjoyed your day off. It sounds like you are such a hard worker! Thanks for the encouragement in regards to my DD. I am sure I will lean on your guys shoulders from time to time as I go through this process. All the more reason to become a healthier mommy!

Felicia - Oh I wish you were her to take our first Christmas pictures of our DD. My DH and I were just talking about what we wanted to do for our Christmas picture. We have been holding out for some snow, but I think we need to get them done pretty quickly, snow or no snow! I just wish I had creative ideas! Enjoy your shoot!

bayoubelle68
11-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Sscott - Wish I was close enough. I would love to! We're shooting pictures over the Thanksgiving break of our kids for Christmas cards.

Today's shoot was a bust. 30 minutes before our session time, the bottom fell out of the clouds and the rains poured! It only lasted about 30 minutes, but that was enough to soak the area where we were going to shoot, so we're going to try again on Friday. Pooh! I already had the truck loaded with cameras, lenses, flashes, extra batteries, flash cards, strobe frame, lightspheres, and photo props. Maybe Friday will be a better day!