General chatter - The Amazing Race Season 12!!!

View Full Version : The Amazing Race Season 12!!!

melekalikimaka
11-05-2007, 02:00 AM
The Amazing Race 12 starts tonight! I'm writing this during a commercial. I already know which team(s) I dislike and am a big believer in Karma baby! The right team got eliminated tonight and I'm pretty happy with the show so far.

Any other fans out there?

Leg 1: Los Angeles, CA (Playboy Mansion) > Shannon, Ireland > Rossaveal, Ireland > Inis Mor, Ireland > Cleggan, Ireland > Cliffden, Ireland

ELIMINATED: Ari and Staella -- what comes around goes around :lol:

Clydegirl
11-05-2007, 09:27 AM
I love this show.

I was glad who went home. In fact the last 2 couples got on my nerves. I don't know who was the biggest donkey.

It seemed to be a hard leg.The long flight lots of walking and typical Irish weather.

I like the lesbian ministers and the goth couple are interesting. I hope the grandfather/grandson do OK next week.

missingmyerica
11-05-2007, 09:50 AM
I love the Amazing Race! My eight year old son and I watch this and survivor each season. I like the Father and Daughter and the lesbian couple. I loved how the one woman said "the amazing race is like a love letter to the earth" or something like that. They really seem to embrace and celebrate the beauty of our earth and I admire that. I think it's a great show for kids too. My son always sees something interesting and then we research it on the computer.

I'm glad the team that came in last went home. He said "Karma is a B-word, but I'm a bigger B-word".....guess not! LOL.... be careful messing with Karma!

I love the interpersonal relationships and how they unfold under stress. Looks like this is going to be a good season!

L144S
11-05-2007, 10:16 AM
I watch this with my kids too. I have to Tivo it and have learned to tivo the 2 time slots as 60 Minutes always runs over. We did not watch yet, so I am looking forward to see int the new teams!

princess_peach
11-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Definitely my favorite show!

Those last two teams were horrible! The two things I hate on the show (but probably the reason I tune in, you know?) are when the teams are negative about the places, people and culture they visit and when they are negative about the other teams. For instance, Nate and Jennifer are on my $h!t list after calling the Goth couple "freaks" and being so cruel to the donkey :p

ANOther
11-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Yaaaaay, at last! (I'm rooting for the lesbians) I've been to Ireland a couple of times and we spent one night in Clifden @ the Alcock and Brown Hotel, named after the first pilots to fly the Atlantic (in 1919 they flew from Newfoundland to Ireland: you ask, what about Lindbergh? Lindbergh was the first to fly from the North American mainland to the European mainland, that wasn't until 8 years later)

I wonder how many AR fans are making "my donkey is broken" cracks? :D

cbmare
11-05-2007, 01:17 PM
We want to do some of the things they do on that show. That bike across the river looked like FUN!

happy2bme
11-05-2007, 03:35 PM
This is my favorite show. I love it because you can't always control what happens. Can be at the top one minute and due to some bad luck you can be racing for your lives the next day. The only season I didn't like was when they brought back the (not so) All Stars.

I was cheering last night when Ari and Staella got kicked out. I'm glad Karma kicked them - just wish that donkey had too :D

melekalikimaka
11-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Yay! More fans of the AR!!! Some of my biggest peeves are those girls that cry at everything and say that the task is too hard :rolleyes: and the teams that talk smack about everyone else. I was rooting for the donkey the whole time he was holding his ground :lol:

cbmare
11-05-2007, 03:57 PM
I was rooting for the donkey the whole time he was holding his ground :lol:

:lol3::rofl:

So were we!

hotmama2three
11-05-2007, 04:20 PM
I love this show too, and I too was secretly crossing my fingers that the donkey would hold his ground. =)

Stepping Out
11-06-2007, 12:10 AM
I love :love: the Amazing Race!

I don't have a favorite yet, but I like the father/daughter. I was so glad to see Ari and what'shername get eliminated. That donkey was a good judge of character..he was by far the bigger jackass! :kickbutt::wave:;)

ANOther
11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
I wonder how many AR fans are making "my donkey is broken" cracks? :D

L'esprit d'escalier: or how's'bout "my *** is draggin'"? ;)

thinchicsoon
11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
ROFL

I love the amazing race !!!

babenwaiting
11-07-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm new to The Amazing Race, except for watching a couple of episodes last year, but my friend loves it so I thought I'd give it a go this time.

The brother/sister (who are more intelligent than the others, according to HIM! :p) creep me out. They act more like a dating couple .... ewwwww!

My faves are the grandfather/grandson. I really don't like one of the couples with an obstinate donkey (girl in yellow shirt) ... I was so rooting for that poor donkey, and I don't think they are very nice people!

Looking forward to the next episode ... :)

trekkiegirl
11-08-2007, 05:55 PM
I like the couple they were calling the "hippies." :)

melekalikimaka
11-12-2007, 02:26 AM
So what did y'all think of this episode??? I think Kynt and Vyxsin are my favorite team so far, they just work well together and maintain a positive attitude. The tension between Ronald and Christina had my anxiety level rising and felt really sorry for Christina w/her dad harping on her like that all the time--I kept shouting at the TV, "shut up dad!". And goodness, gramps in his underwear on National TV....there are no words! :yikes:

I'm sorry to see Kate and Pat go, they were starting to grow on me. I want Nate and Jennifer eliminated next, they are so annoying to watch. What I would do to stay in a villa in Portugal for a few weeks waiting for the final rounds...

Did anyone watch the post-elimination interview online? Kate and Pat arrived at the Villa and Ari and Staella were already there. I knew I disliked Ari from the first episode, but now I hate him even more, he is downright mean and so full of himself.

Can't wait for the camel episode next week.

babenwaiting
11-12-2007, 11:03 AM
After last night, I'm pulling for the Goths, and second, to them ... Grandpa Underpants & Grandson. The father/daughter team had me screaming at the father to "shut the h*** up!" Glad there were experts to check those knots; otherwise, could been carnage! :o

Clydegirl
11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Yes I was also shouting at the TV. What a pain Ronald was , so mean to his daughter.

I have never watched the post-elimination interview must do that. So they're in a villa in Portugal very nice.

I was liking the ministers as well sorry to see them go. They had a good sense of humour.

Kynt and Vixen are my favs so far. Although he needs to get rid of the black holy things on his arms.

Edited to say I just watched Elimination Station. What a nasty piece of work that Ari is.

cbmare
11-12-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm sorry. We couldn't hear ya'll yellin' at your tvs. We were shouting at ours. We must have drowned ya'll out. I looked at boobalah and said that she probably got straight A's in school. If she brought home a B, he probably harped on her. Poor thing.

Grandpa is getting on my nerves. They got complaints from the locals. He was asked, "Down to the underwear?" Grandpa said that he went even more than that. No wonder the locals complained.

Where is that site? I'd like to go see the interviews.

I was sorry to see the ministers go.

Clydegirl
11-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Mare go to cbs.com and click on the Amazing Race. You will see Elimination Station on the main page.

Stepping Out
11-12-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't have a favorite yet, but I like the father/daughter.

Scratch that last remark ! The daughter was at least trying to concentrate on the race, but it must have been hard with Dad running his mouth! :mad: I really wasn't surprised to see Kate & Pat eliminated. They were hurting even before they got to the detour. Am I just getting a shorter attention span as I get older, or is there a lot less racing and a lot more commercials? :?:

I don't have a favorite team, but I do have teams I'd like to see eliminated ;)

melekalikimaka
11-26-2007, 02:03 AM
Episode 4: What a fun show! I am so rooting for Kynt and Vyxsin. Despite their goth appearance, they are the most normal, compassionate people. TK and Rachel are alright but they are starting to get on my nerves as I'm waiting for them to step up their game, they are just so laid back about everything. They may be the next to get eliminated.

What'd y'all think about the blondes? I think that karma comment will definitely get them next round.

Hendekea and Azaria(?) are a really strong team, it was amusing to me when Jennifer was almost brought to tears talking about how everbody should have their chance at 1st place--give me a break you whiner, run a better race! :lol: :devil:

Tonia
11-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Don't like the blondes. One of them made a comment early on about how hard it was and, "obviously we have not had a facial or a manicure..." No wonder people hate Americans.

The goth couple are reallly strong and very likable and the brother and sister work well together. G'pa is fun but I would like to see the one couple gone - cannot remember their names but the ones that always fight....I didn't watch last night (Tivo) so maybe they are....

Have a blessed day!

Clydegirl
11-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Whine, whine, whine. It's not fair they've won twice already.

Oh shut up it's a race. I bet Lorena and Jason would have loved to be in second place.

Jason was so nice in the taxi ride sorry to see them go.

Karma will come back and bite the blondes, I hope.

cbmare
11-26-2007, 12:09 PM
I was hoping Jason and what's her face would be gone last week. However, they weren't too bad last night.

"Let someone else have a chance"?! Indeed! This isn't sharing time. What a lame comment!

I like the goths but I wish he'd take off that fish net thing.

How'd you like it when she had to find a bathroom? I've often wondered what these people do about that.

I like TK. He may seem laid back but what do you want? Another Jonathan?

melekalikimaka
11-26-2007, 02:46 PM
No, not another Jonathan *shudder*. I like TK and want him to place before the ones I don't like...like Jennifer the whiner and the cheater what's his name, it's just that whole hippie vibe gets to me sometimes and I just want to shout at him, COME ON! I just had a thought about TK and Rachel. Remember the other episode where they had to hoist the furniture up to the apartment he couldn't tie the knots? It's a good thing Rachel ended up doing the tie-down and juggling of goods on the bicycle last night, even though she ended up going the wrong way on her way back, TK would've still been trying to secure the goat in the basket. :lol:

cbmare
11-26-2007, 06:33 PM
He must be more analytical than physical. What challenge has he done by himself yet?

chick_in_the_hat
11-26-2007, 07:14 PM
:yay: :wave: AR Fans on 3FC!!! If DH was a US citizen we would have applied to race already. We have been watching since season 1. I'm rooting for the goths for the win at the moment...the blondies need to go home next.

Anything is better than Jonathan.... :eek:

cbmare
12-11-2007, 02:14 PM
I was sorry to see Azaria and Hendekea go. I was hoping that Nathan and that impossible Jennifer would be next.

I still don't like Christina's dad, Ron. She must have had a hard time growing up. Besides, how much longer can he go on with a hernia?

Gina, you have to be a citizen to apply? I've never paid attention to the rules.

Clydegirl
12-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Kynt and Vyxin are still my favs. Next episode looks like they have a hard time.

The couple that are doing all the arguing are hard to listen to. I don't understand why people in bad relationships do these kind of shows.

Mare you have to be a US citizen to apply for the show. My 3FC buddy and I want to do it but we would have to become citizens first.

cbmare
12-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Permanent residents can't apply?

Clydegirl
12-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Permanent residents can't apply?

No you have to be a US citizen.

melekalikimaka
12-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I can't believe I missed last week's episode. I heard the blondes got theirs. I even turned the TV on 20 minutes late on Sunday's show and was wondering what happened to Hendekea and Azaria. Apparently they were last. It's really annoying and painful to watch Jennifer and the cheater, but I guess the producers want couples like that to add to the drama. I keep hoping she'll just up and quit. I am totally rooting for Kynt and Vyxsin too; TK and the girl (i don't remember her name at the moment) are giving pretty unremarkable performances, but they don't bug me too much. I agree about the annoying Ron, what a pill! Hopefully I won't miss next week's show and it'll be a little more exciting now that there are less competitors. Anyone have any idea where there'll be heading next?

Clydegirl
12-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Looks like they're heading to Italy according to the web-site.

It's not on Sunday the 16th because of the Survivor finale. Next show will be the 23rd.

CammieCam
12-11-2007, 05:57 PM
I LOVE this show! I forgot that I DVR'd Sunday's ep but haven't watched it yet. I will watch tonight (although i kinda scrolled up a bit by accident and spoiled myself! :()

cbmare
12-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Better than soiled yourself.