Carb Counters - Weekly LC CHAT! 11/05 - 11/11

View Full Version : Weekly LC CHAT! 11/05 - 11/11

aud
11-05-2007, 01:41 AM
It's alllllmmmost late/early enuf for a new week of chat, eh?:comp:

Took my carbs past Induction level Sat. nite but have been under 20 today :eating2: and feeling good. How'd everyone else do over the weekend? This is the 2nd weekend in a row that I've really stayed up on my water intake - I'm only down a pound but think that's from HallowBudLight Nite!:o Also have been trying to get my money's worth @ the Y . . . find if I think of it that way - I GO. (:?::dizzy:) Waiting on the WHOOOSSHH this week.:crossed:

Good thing Leo got the chicken after all with the power outtage beachie! Rotisserie chicken by candlelight, eh?:cofdate: I made it another lap tonight - still had to take a break at the 1/2 way point. Gonna keep at it. Confession: I only made it 7 minutes the first time I did the elliptical - stayed @ 15 minutes forEVAH . . . now do the full 30 "crosstraining" level - with a 5 minute cool down added. Hope swimming goes the same way - sure do enjoy it. There was an older gentleman in one of the lap lanes - he NEVER stopped the whole 45 minutes Tessie and I were playing in the water! Up & down - doing flips at each end of the pool!:swim: Awesome to watch. Looked effortless.

Urban Legend, bouncie????:dunno: We sure used it a few times - maybe it only works on rural skunks????:rofl: When I was little we used a metal tub - the last time I had to dunk-a-dog we used one of those big, thick plastic tubs w/handles and I never did get the smell out of the tub itself. That's why I'm not sure if it would work on whatever your tub/shower is made of - may have absorbed the oil(??:?:)

What a work out you had in the yard! Wishing I would have got more done outside over the weekend but had a lot of paperwork/housecleaning etc - ashame 'cause was just sooo beautiful weatherwise . . . forecast is for winter weather some time this week - hope we get a cold snap to kill some of these dayung MUTANT insects that I cannot believe are still alive on November 5th!:mad:

Gotta go Post some exercise minutes in November's Log . . . cya tomorrow All!:wave:

Diva
11-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Good Morning everyone! I am down 4 LBS since last Monday! Thinking this low carb thing is working!!!! :cheer:

I'm not doing the full fledged induction, yet, but I have cut my carbs down by half and sometimes more than that. I went from 300 - 400 carbs a day to 70 to 150, and OMG! I have never lost 4 LBS in 1 week!!!! What a trip! Imagine when I do get to the 20 carbs! I can't imagine the sickness y'all must feel doing it like that because I have been nauseous (sp) as **** every morning since I started this last Thurs, but it does pass after a while.

There is something to this low carb thing.....:D

beach bum
11-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi everyone:)

New week let see what I can do to get this weight off. Still doing the new diet [5 factor]but now I'm finding more information from another message board on what to eat & not to eat. I'm too cheap to buy another diet book,and my library is being renovated so Its hard for me to get the right info.I have hope as I found out that is similar to the GI revolution diet.

AUD-Thanks :thanks: for start us up on this full new week in Nov. Yikes!! :yikes: I can't believe that turkey:thanks2: day is just 3 wks away. Your doing excellent in all [eating,water and exercise] that you'll see that whooosh very soon.

DIVA-Big:cheers:Congrats on your 4 lb weight loss. WTG!! I think that cutting 1/2 your carbs is working,why go low to 20,I couldn't eat that low and I had to go to 30=45 right away. But don't listen:listen: to me I'm having problems get my tracker to move in this stalled position. Congrats :congrat: again and keep low carbing. you're doing great.

Have to go,will be back later

Hugs :) BB

lilybelle
11-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone, I had my first completely on-plan weekend in quite a while. My food, exercise and water intake was what it should be. I feel like I'm finally back in my zone. I started the C25K program last night. I'm hoping to lose a few lbs. before the holidays, but if not, surely I can maintain my current weight.

Diva, big congrat's on 4 lbs., that is awesome. I didn't weigh this morning, but I do feel like my tummy is a little thinner.

DH comes home from work tomorrow. I refuse to allow his presence to derail my wt. loss progress.

aud
11-05-2007, 12:03 PM
YAY for DIVA!:hat::dance: (Hey, that fluffy guy reminds me of missyfluffs - where ya at, Girlie?:?:) 4 lbs is awesome!:carrot:

Up early taking Tessie to a "pediatric" dentist - one who specializes in kids who have anxiety - been a real roller coaster in her 10 yr life . . . does great until they start x-rays etc - I think it basically is that she doesn't like things in her mouth/loss of control issue. She's also afraid she'll choke.:( This Doc specializes in this - which will be good not to have to keep gassing her . . . also takes more time.

Wish us luck?

Tx!:hug:

Diva
11-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Good Luck aud!!!! :carrot:

Are y'all remembering to log your exercise? ;)

ilovemike4alwayz
11-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Hey ladies! Congrats on the 4 pounds Diva. Well I started my 1st day of induction even though i am still sick. So I am eating lightly and resting. They sent me home from work this morning and I had a nice nap. The bug is going around so look out. It is not a pleasant one. So yeah I am tired of puting things off so I am just going to stick to plan and be good.

ilovemike4alwayz
11-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh I am still setting my goal of 20lbs by my birthday which is in december.

lynnar
11-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Hello, I've stayed off the scale since the disappointing WI on Friday. My weekend wasn't completely OP, but not too bad either. My 15 y.o. came home with a starter for Amish Friendship Bread! Kind of blast from the past for me. I remember having tons of those a few years back. She made it with a friend on Saturday and they ate a whole loaf, but I avoided it. I have more problems resisting drinks then food. That was my problem on Sunday after a long, boring, somewhat depressing weekend and the thought of going back to a job I would love to quit... Oh well.

Beachie, I'd put up with lots of power outages if I could live on Cape Cod!! I have such good memories there from when I was growing up. The Cape was one of our vacation spots, although we didn't get to spend too much time there. Even back then it was expensive! I remember it was completely different in the off season too. It must be great to live in place like that!

After my stall last week, I thought I need to concentrate on getting the fat into my diet. I tend to eat lots of chicken! and lots of grilled stuff, but it's hard to ignore all those years of dieting rules and actually look for fat. I bought ground chuck last weekend and made a bunch of hamburgers so my breakfasts this week will be higher fat. I should probably use oil and vinegar on my salads, but I really like blue cheese dressing. It's not exactly low fat either.

I'm keep trying. When I started this in September, I thought I would stay with it until my birthday which is right before Thanksgiving. I thought I'd take a little break from my birthday until christmas since I've never been very successful at dieting during the holidays. Now, I'm not sure. On the one hand, I could stay OP-it's not that hard, but I wonder if I went back to eating some carbs if it wouldn't "shake things up." I also thought that by this time I would be able to wear all my clothes again and that hasn't really happened. I'm getting better, but I still have those navy blue dress pants that feel like I'm being bisected! hmmm, I'll have to give this more thought...

ilovemike4alwayz
11-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey ladies. Ok so me and my husband went to a local pizza buffet and all I had was a salad. I wasn't even tempted by the pizza. My husband leaves tomorrow for 3 weeks. I want to lose as much weight as I can to wow him when he gets back. I have a considerable amount to lose so it will go pretty quick in the begining. Well that was my daily update. Made it thru day 1 of induction.

Diva
11-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Hey ladies. Ok so me and my husband went to a local pizza buffet and all I had was a salad. I wasn't even tempted by the pizza. My husband leaves tomorrow for 3 weeks. I want to lose as much weight as I can to wow him when he gets back. I have a considerable amount to lose so it will go pretty quick in the begining. Well that was my daily update. Made it thru day 1 of induction.

You go girl! I am sure you will WOW him! You are already very pretty as it is. :)

ilovemike4alwayz
11-06-2007, 09:18 AM
OMG thanks DIVA! I wish I felt that way about myself. Well so I jumped on the scale this morning and it has moved from 247.1 to 246.7 so its a small move but a move. Well I am running late as usual but I am feeling a little better today. So I am off to work. Day 2 of induction and I will stay OP all day.

beach bum
11-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Didn't go to the doctor but speak to our pharmacist instead,and he,directed me to a new product on the market call 4 ways nasal spray and it cleared my post nasal drip and walla the sore throat is gone. I'm feeling great today,except I a bit tired,that I blaming on the terrible weather we're having. Another storm is heading our way shortly as its getting very dark out there.

Lily-What the C25K program that your talking about. I never heard of that.Is it anew weight loss program??? I'm on a holiday [60 day]challenge on another web site. Its counting calories,and I chose a zig zig type,of counting but using a calorie range 1200-1500. having a different amount of calories per day.

AUD-Hope you DD had a good day at the dentist. I don't blame her I don't like to take x-rays either. The stupid cardboard makes me choke.

ilovemike-That achievable 20 lbs by Dec.,but just in case I sending good :goodvibes:vibes & :dust: your way.

LYNN-We LOVE :love: the Cape and that the reason we moved up here when we retired. I'm originally from New York.Meet lots of seniors that come from different parts of the country. The locals call us WASH A SHORES. I know its very disappointing :stress:to do every thing right and the scale shows a small lose.You'll get down again,you due for swhooosh. I'm looking for one too.

Have a great day,will post later

Puncezilla
11-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Ilovemike, Your new avatar picture is great, Your lookin' good. I hope your feeling better soon too.

BB, I'm glad your throat is feeling better, pharmasists can be very helpful. How is your 5 week plan going?

Aud, A lb is a lb, Way to go! I'v heard of the tomatoe juice trick too but never tried it, hope I never have to.

Diva, Your doing Great keep it up ! :woohoo:

:wave:LIly, Bouncie, lynnar, Fit, Everyone else, Have a great OP day!

My weekend wasn't as op as I would have liked, but not a total disaster, I think I need to start using fitday again everyday to keep me in line. I seem to be hovering around 193-194 and not realy losing anything.

lynnar
11-06-2007, 02:51 PM
BB, I love 4 way nasal spray. I didn't realize it was new. I bought it to combat the dry nostrils from the heater and anti-histamines (chronic hay fever). Wash A Shores, huh? Around here they call the newcomers from New York (and Rhode Island) Yankees! Not always in a friendly tone, either.
I'm still holding on although it's hard to see the people who are new to the thread and the WOE, but have lost more than I have. I'm sure it's an age thing complicated by the hundreds of unsuccessful diets in my history. But I'll keep trying for a while.
I gotta offer an unsolicited opinion on the skunking too. Tomato juice helped our smelly lab, but it was the mix the vet recommended — the one with the peroxide that really worked. I have a couple of gallons of tomato juice put away for emergencies, but I'll be calling the vet back for her formula if happens again. Actually, it's just a matter of time. I pretty sure we have a skunk living close to our garage. We can smell it every now and then. The dogs don't have access to that part of the yard, but sooner or later, they'll run into each other. What do you do to encourage a skunk to relocate? I sure don't want to get close enough to it to ask it politely.

So last night I found myself fixing and eating dinner all alone, so I made one of my favorite. I stir fried boneless chicken breasts and then added sour cream and some Parm. cheese. It was almost an alfredo sauce. Just for the heck of it, I threw in some mushrooms. I sometimes eat this over broccoli (instead of noodles) but I didn't want the carbs last night. I ate more then half of what I made which was too much — my stomach kind of hurt so I know I over did it. I'll have the leftovers tonight! Yum!

beach bum
11-06-2007, 03:22 PM
PUNCEZILLA-The sore throat is gone,and I feeling a lot better. I will be able to sing tomorrow for choir rehearsal.The 5 factor diet is not working like I thought it would. I haven't lost anything,and I in my 2nd week. But maybe with all that was going on with me, my bod is being stubborn and won't let me lose. Still stuck at 163.

LYNN-I though 4 Way nasal spray was new as thats what it said on the carton.Any way it does work,and it will remain in my medicine cabinet. What state do you live in???? We have some Yankees up here but they not New Yorkers or from RI. They're the ancestors from the British that moved here many years ago.

lilybelle
11-06-2007, 03:31 PM
BB, the C25K program is an exercise program that supposedly can take a person from being a couch potato to being able to run 3 continuous miles in a 2 month period. I can already tell that I'm gonna have to take it slower than it recommends, so it will take me longer. The link to it is posted in Maintainers forum last week, last page by Nightengale Shane. I chose to do it cause I get bored with just walking and was finding myself jogging at intervals just for the change of pace.

The eating plan that I'm following right now is SB induction. Today is Day 5 and I have managed to stay perfectly on plan.

aud
11-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Greetings from auddies' "Great to Bad to Worse" Report.

The Pediatric Dentist was super faboo - should have took her there when she was 3! FULL cleaning - FULL panoramic x rays - FULL on referral to a pediatric orthodontist!:carrot: This place was like a Chuck E Cheez PARTY ON atmosphere: Giant bird cages/aquariums/computer games/ kids all in one central exam area with lots of chairs/parents NOT allowed in there until the end . . . just GREAT/no panic/anxiety/ - NADA!

GREAT cont'd: Went out to lunch . . . went shopping for DH's birthday Wed - "quality time" in the Big City with DD, right?

Going to the BAD part of this: Decided to take Tessie to her swim class and go into work a bit later than late . . . showing me her swim moves . . . I'm watching thru the upstairs glass just a'beaming . . . funny look on her face suddenly - points up at me - coughing/sneezing - by the time I get down there and open the door - she's standing on the deck with her face running with BLOOD!

FF: Clean up . . . go home . . . open gifts with Dad . . . cough intensifies & gets to whistling-like . . . decide to run her over to Urgent Care - Long Story Short(er;)) -

WORSE: The Poor Little Thing has PNEUMONIA!

Thank God we caught it earlyearly - but GEEEEZ LOUISE what a roller coaster of a day!:o

Happy to report she's responding well to the meds . . . I'm taking another nite off so will be back when I can to catch up on all the LC Chatter News - ttyal!

Diva
11-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Oh my goodness Auddie, I hope she get's better soon! That's horrible. I got that twice when I was a little girl, and that's all I'll say cuz it was bad. :( Hopefully she'll be 100% real soon!
I have to carry my boy to the doc tomorrow. He fell on the playground @ school last Friday and has had really bad headaches every since. Plus he's having nose bleeds, which I think are from the heater, but I wanna be sure. Pooor dude. I did get a humidifer and so far so good until today. He was bleeding so much this moring I could actually smell the blood. :(

We usually have a nice time together though when we go on these journies. It takes an hour to get there, so we usually end up having lunch and just hanging. Besides all the driving and having to carry to and pick up my man from work, it should be cool. I really hate driving.

So far so good with the Low carb situation. I am still triping out on the higher calorie thing. iu have counted calories for a while now and I am soooooooo going over what I normally allow myself, but I lost weight anyways...go figure....
BTW, if any of you watch The Biggest Loser it comes on @ 8 pm tonight. Two hours of weight losing drama!

ilovemike4alwayz
11-07-2007, 09:38 AM
OMG I am back to feeling completely normal again. They sent me home from work yesterday again. GRRRRR!!! But I guess I needed it cause I drank a bunch of gatorade and crashed hard. Super hard. I went to sleep freezing and woke up in a sweat which means I was probably running fever. I did go OP but I dont think my stomach would have been able to handle anything like that. But the scale did say that I was down 3 pounds. I dont know whether to believe it but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts. I am sure that it will be up tomorrow. I am just so excited to feel good. So I will be starting over yes again. I am not giving up. So here is to day one of induction. LOL. And can you believe this, I am not running late this morning. Me and my MIL have already decided to do our walk tonight so hopefully that will help with being OP yesterday. Well I am off to make some breakfast. Thanks to all of you who told me to feel better cause it worked.

beach bum
11-07-2007, 09:56 AM

I'm just checking in to let you know I'm ok,but in a rush as I have to have my hair cut & styled just before we have our annual Seniors Luncheon,and than off to my choir rehearsal. So going to out of the house for most of the day,will check in later after I get home late this afternoon.

Have a great day

aud
11-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Great to Bad to Worse to WORSER cont'd:

Big Girl (Molly 21) went to the Doc this morning and has . . . . *insert drum roll* - you guessed it: PNEUMONIA too!:o

Also did tons of tests for her cont'd anemia and now possible thyroid problem. Will call with results. Both girls ensconced on couches with trays of meds and currently enjoying cartoons together. Tess is busy with homework catch-up & Molly is helping her with Thank You cards with her scrapbooking supplies.

Haven't made it to work yet this week - and looks like I'll be taking tonight off as well.

Confession: Kind of enjoying being a "Mom" - but only because both are doing so good/responding to medicine.

Update: Don't think I updated ya on my lil 6 yr old niece who was in the ICU unit of top hospital soooo long, have I? Well, she spent only 2 days in a "regular" room b4 being released Monday - spent all that time in the ICU unit - they flew Dr.'s in from all over the USA - still NO diagnosis!:( Lives in a very rural area of MO - so has a direct link to the Hospital and visiting nurses arranged - on SIX different blood pressure meds and all kinds of steroids - Dr.'s are split 3 different ways on what caused the condition - they don't care anymore what it is - just treating the symptoms.

So sad.:(

So much sickness on my mind - sorry to unburden it here.:(

I'll be back later.

Puncezilla
11-07-2007, 02:40 PM
I hope your girls are feeling better soon AUD. And thanks for the update on your niece, I'm praying the doc's will figure it out soon. It's always very sad when someone so young is so ill.

I'm Still hangin' in there but not losing. not giving up this time. Started using fitday again and I don't think I'm eating enough veggies.

ilovemike4alwayz
11-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey ladies just checking in on my lunch. Been OP all day so far. The girl sitting with me has a yummy looking cheesecake. I passed on it. I know I am not eating enough veggies. I need to buy some salad bags to have salads here at work. Well I gotta get back to work. Will check in when I get home.

beach bum
11-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm back from a busy day,Had a wonderful dinner at the Seniors Volunteer's Luncheon. Had scrod for the main entree and I left a strawberry/vanilla ice cream cake with meringue on top. Save about 400 cal on that one.

We also had our first choir rehearsal and I could sing again,no more sore throat. The 4 way nasal sprayed helped my pro nasal drip that was bothering my throat.Did know that I had such a problem as I didn't feel any other symptoms except the sore throat. Weired isn't it.

Have a great evening

ilovemike4alwayz
11-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Well I made it through the day. I started feeling crummy after lunch but I stayed on track. I made myself some turkey burger patties for tomorrow. Well I am watching the cma's so I will catch up with ya'll tomorrow.

aud
11-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Tx for the cont'd prayers fittie - the poor lil thing sure can use them all!:(

How's your lil boys headaches diva? Head injuries are so scary to me of all the things we go thru in Motherhood. It IS hard to quit thinking about calories - but just keep thinking that carb count will become 2nd nature and not having to do all that calorie counting and fat gram stuff is the BEAUTY of this wol - not to mention the RESULTS weight and HEALTH wise.

How'd your haircut & style turn out beachie? GREAT job on passing up the dessert!:carrot: Haven't found a stylist I liked in YEARS now -:( - the one I loved moved to another state and I've been going to the Kwikky Kuts (LOL) ever since. I'm growing out a particularly bad cut the last few months and have decided I want to look like Meg Ryan after seeing a Challenge on "Shear Genius."

Love me some Reality TV!

I've read soooo many good things about the C25K program lilyb - not procrastinating but reallyreally need to be a bit smaller b4 I can commit to jogging - I'm thinking of checking it out when I get to 180 or so. I know that azzie does it somehow with her ipod.(??:?:??) I'm hopeless when it comes to technology - gonna have my Oldest help me with it when the time comes. Please let us know how you like it.

So glad you're not giving up puncie - you WILL see a WHOOOOSH soon, I just know it. What kind of things are you plugging into fitday?

The sauce over your chicken sounded TRES YUMMY lynnar! I've been finishing up some broccoli around here too - wish I would have thought of using it "under" chicken.

Been mostly keeping it simple since my latest "episode" - had plain lettuce with a bit of olive oil and some scrambled eggs for brunch - lc yogurt for a snack and some deliciously tender pork roast and 2 stalks of lightly salted broccoli for supper . . . gotta keep glugging the water down - so unused to being HOME!

Both girls are doing good on their respective meds - Doc gave Molly a "Z pack" - her thyroid came back normal but the anemia persists so that's worrisome.

Azure
11-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Hey, ladies!! It's me, Az! Remember me ;) It's been awhile since I've posted over here for some reason. I guess between W.O.W. and TBL and the Lifters, I somehow lost my LC Girls! But I'm back! :grouphug:

I had a complete fall off the LC wagon this weekend, I posted about it elsewhere, but I feel like whenever I go home, a switch is flipped in my brain and I just reach for anything and EVERYTHING that's off plan. It's INSANE. I need to dig deep, find the switch, and flip it back OFF before I get home. I've got a 3 hour drive to get there, so I've got plenty of time to switch it before I have the chance to make bad food choices. If this is going to be my way of life, doing it can't be situational. I'm going to have to learn to do this at home, too.

So, tonight I had some non-induction items...Strawberries and peanut butter--they'd be fine for OWL, but not for Induction. I've decided that until I complete 14 days with NO OFF-PLAN FOOD, I'm not going to move on to OWL. So, tomorrow's day 1--again. Let's see if I can make it this time ;)

I had a terrific time in the gym today--doing squats in the squat rack with a bar for the first time was AWESOME. I honestly never thought I'd like lifting weights as much as I do. And my favorite weight lifting moves are bench presses, romanian deadlifts and squats...who would have thought?

Diva
11-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Well, yesterday was just a bad day all around. Like I said we have to drive an hour to get to the boy's doc (He has a concussion ), everything was fine on the way, but on the way back the car starts acting all weird. We FINALLY get home and it turns out to be a pretty simple thing but unfortunately we don't have the little bit of cash to fix it just yet...not until Fri, so BF decides to over react like it's the end of the &%^)# Universerse and this just completely got on my last nerve. I already do not like him much this week, because, he ALWAYS tries acting like nothing ever happened after a fight, which we had last Sat. This is a BAD thing after a while, because I am starting to really resent the fact that this jerk off can't seem to say a few simple words, like I am sorry I hurt your feelings and I love you. No instead he acts a fool. I am not one to like conflict, and I choose my battles carefully now. This was NOT the case in my younger yrs but I have totally mellewed out, so when and if I do get upset or say anything, there IS something behind it, I don't just go around picking fights. So, every day that goes by, I like him a little less and now it is to the point that him breathing really disturbs me! lol! I'm just not in the damn mood for him. I guess I am going to have to email his dumb *** and tell him exactly how I feel and if he gets pissy with me, well, it wouldn't be anyhting new. Screw him. I'm thinking I am NOT going to marry him. We've lived together in sin this long (5 1/2 yrs) why get married now. I don't want to be legally bound to a man that can't apologize and talk things through like a grown up. Soooooooooo....Now I am trying to lose this weight for me! Me and only me and NOT to fit into an overpriced dress I'd only wear one time.

Speaking of diets... I completely crumbled yesterday @ Micky-D's. The Fries & Chicken Nuggest won out over salad. I'm starting to get really sick of salad, lol! So anyways...yesterday was bad. I hope I haven't undone all the good I've done. I refuse to get on the scale because if it reflects my bad choices yesterday I don't wanna see it. I am irritabel enuff as it is. So back on track today and gonne do some serious working out to rid myself of some of this aggression and stress I am feeling.

Unsure of menu right now, but I promise to eat smart.

beach bum
11-08-2007, 09:38 AM

I can't believe I'm posting this early,and have eaten my breakfast also. Its going to be an early night for me, bedtime being around 9ish.

I was terrible with the exercising this whole week,didn't feel like doing any.Scared to get on the scale,and that my ticker is going to stay dormant for another week.
-

AUD-OH NO!!! I can't believe that both DD have pneumonia. How in the world did they get that germ???? Do You think it was from the swimming pool??????I never like public pools. You never know what people have or what disease they're carrying. So sorry:sorry to hear that.AUD don't be silly, burden us all you want. We're hear for all other troubles not only weight issues.Hope you kids are on the mend soon sending get :getwell: wishes for the both. I had my hair cut short on the sides & back and long enough on the top to put a curing iron though it.Don't have the cravings for sweets anymore,its the sodium that giving me the problem.

Diva-Sorry:sorry: to hear about your little boy also. Gee I'm gone from this board a day and all this bad stuff is happening to my cyber friends.Head aches that is a thing to worry about,Hope he on the mend real soon. You must be doing something right when you still losing. Gee !! I can't believe I missed the first the 1/2 hr of the Biggest Loser. I turned it on at 8:30. Hope I didn't miss much. I can't believe that Neil is still on the show,after the stunt he pulled.

LILY-Thanks for tell me about theC25K ,I had no idea what it was. Good Luck in your new exercise route.

ilovemike-Good job losing 3 lbs when you weren't feeling well. See you doing fine,wish I could lose,when I had my sore throat.Scale just doesn't like to move.

AZURE-Welcome back,You'll get back to where you were. You so in control,and you;ll be back in the zone in no time

Have to go,will be back later

ilovemike4alwayz
11-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Well the scale was up as i thought it would be, but only by .3 so I am not even sweating it. I expected a way bigger jump. So I am on day 2. I have to figure out a way to give up ketchup. I know it is not allowed, but I have to find a alternative, till then it will be. ANY SUGGESTIONS??? I am going to go tomorrow and look at a local gym that we have here. I will never lose this unless I am exercising and it will go a whole lot faster when I do that. I guess I am going to have to log my stuff in fitday so i can keep track of my carbs. I just hate keeping track of what i eat. Oh well I will check in at lunch.

Diva- I am glad that it was nothing more than a concussion with your son and dont worry about the mickey d's just stay away from the scale and stay on track. We all have our moments of weakness.

Azure- Welcome back! Long time no see.

And to the rest of the ladies before i start running late, Good Morning and stay OP today.

Diva
11-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Thank you two. I'm sure M will be fine. This is actually his 2nd concussion. The first was a couple of yrs ago when he fell out of a tree. :( He takes after me unfortunately, we are both clumbsy. I can trip on air, LOL!

I'm afraid today isn't any differnt stresswise. I went out to warm up the truck (BF takes my car to work) to carry M to school and wouldn't yanno, FLAT TIRE! grrrrrrrr BF is going to be so happy about this. Another evening of his stupid huffing and puffing moodiness. I swear if he'd just listen to me we wouldn't have these problems, which always seem to come right @ the Holiday's. A little maintance goes a long way, but rather than get new tires or car tune ups when we DO have some extra money, he totally blows it on crap. If he behaves the same way tonight I am just gonna go to the back and watch TV or read. I don't care to be around him right now.

Anywho, here is some Lowcarb catsup. http://www.netrition.com/joknal_sauces.html

lilybelle
11-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone,

Aud, I hope your family is all better soon. I've had pneumonia before and it was really tough.

Diva, hope your son is also better soon. I hope things get better for you and the bf too. OMG< you sound like me with your thoughts on the bf lately, I feel the same about my DH. Mine tends to mope and whine more than anyone I know,esp. if things get messed up or broken around here. Then I feel it's my duty to remind him that if he didn't waste our money, we'd be able to fix crap when it breaks. Routine maintenance, yep, he's never heard of that.

As for my weight, well I'm staying off the scale til Thanksgiving morning. I'm 100% on plan. I'm exercizing everyday. My clothes fit great and I feel in shape. I can't do more than what I'm already doing, so no sense in letting a number on the scale dictate my mood. (a couple weeks ago I tried weighing daily and the fluctuations drove me crazy and made me want to give up).

Today makes Day 8 for me of Induction with not a single solitary cheat. Hoorah. I am gonna stick to strict induction all the way to January 1st.Not much chance of me getting too skinny, but if my pants do fall off, then I'll check my wt. LOL.

Bouncing
11-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi everyvody. Aud, you should get a care-taking medal of some kind! And Diva, big congrats on not strangling the BF. Makes me remember why I love living by myself. Keeps me from committing felonies against my Dearly Beloved. Not that I have one right now, mind you!

Ah, yes, rural skunks must be different from mountain skunks. The hydrogen peroxide recipe is real easy to remember: 1 qt 3% hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cut baking soda, and a squirt of dishwashing liquid. I used dog shampoo -- I suspect any foamy surfactant would work as well as any other. But my fluffy black dog is now a redhead in spots!

I am not supposed to be on the net. I am supposed to be out in the driveway, bringing firewood up and stacking it on the porch. Like, you know, before it gets rained on. I love firewood. Starting the cold season (ha, it's 75 out there) with a cord of neatly stacked split wood makes me happy. So here I go, off to stack wood. Bye!

lynnar
11-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Wow, Lillybelle, induction through the holidays! I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make it. I was going to stay straight induction until mid-november (I started in mid-september) but I've had a few little detours. I'm still thinking about what to do over the holidays. I had planned on going off Atkins, but staying with the "healthy carbs only." I did Weight Watchers Core plan for a long time and that's basically the healthy carb thing, but since I've only lost 8 pounds (in almost 8 weeks!!!) I don't want to risk regaining. But trying to stay OP and failing isn't good either. Decisions, Decisions!
On a positive note, I do like that I'm not starving to death all the time. I'm just now eating my lunch and it's 1:15. During my WW days, I'd be hungry by 11. On a negative note: these pants are killing me!! They could burst at any moment too! That would be interesting, wouldn't it.
What do you all do about all the water? Specifically, what do you all do about the constant bathroom breaks that result from all the water? I really don't drink as much as I should because I often find myself out and about without a convenient rest room. And if I wait to drink it all at home, I'm up half the night. Anyone else have this particular challenge?
Pnemonia, concussions, sore throats - you all make me thankful for (right now) healthy kids. Although in the last year we've had a couple of ER visits with the big kids-broken foot, ankle and uncontrollable nose bleeds. And the youngest was at the Dr office for a mysterious black toe nail. And Dh has all the aging stuff including knee surgery and all kinds of heart tests. Thank God for health insurance!! Better get to work. Lynn

ilovemike4alwayz
11-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Omg lunch was so yummy. I had 2 turkey patties with cheese, mayo, and yes catsup and a cucumber which I dipped in ranch with some tea. I am full and feeling good. I think I am having the atkins blah. Thanks ladies for the catsup info. I am going shoping tonight. So how is everyone doing?

ilovemike4alwayz
11-09-2007, 01:55 AM
Well I am fixing to hit the sack, just wanted to check in. I got my 1 carb ketchup they had it at walmart. I stayed OP today. I did have a coke zero on my break. I dont think i will do that again cause as soon as i finished it, i got a headache that i just cant kick. so i am off to try and get some rest. By the way, WHERE IS EVERYONE. I remember when these chats used to get up to like 8 pages long.

ilovemike4alwayz
11-09-2007, 08:58 AM
OMG I am so discouraged today. I am up with my weight. I have decided that I am just going to have to be super careful. That means no more ketchup. If it is not on the list (which I need to re read by the way), then it is not going in my mouth. I am not giving up, just mad. I am also going to start logging in fitday. I was reading the label on my regular ketchup and yeah we just arent going to go there, but lesson learned. I am also going to check out that local gym today to see if it is worthy. GRRRRRRRR.

beach bum
11-09-2007, 10:04 AM

I'm joining ilovemike today as :cry:I'm very down ,as I popped on the scale and I'm up 3 lbs,so tomorrow's W-I is not going to be good.

I'm giving up the 5 factor diet,because it doesn't work,not for me anyway. I can't find any information about the diet,and I'm just playing around with the information I could find from the internet. Leo told me to start low carbing again for one week,and see what happens. He lost 12 lbs switching the meals around I gained 4 since I started 6 week switch. He thinks that my down fall is bread,I had soup & sandwich for my suppers. OK I stopped my whining :cry:,and thanks for letting me vent.

Hugs :)Maryann

aud
11-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Hiya all . . . I'm joining ilm4a & beachie on the being "down" wagon by being UP weight wise . . . no mystery why on this end - been stress bingeing. Lost my way. Lost focus. Lost determination. Haven't exercised all week. Forgot to take my meds for 2 of those days. Disaster.

Dragging self back OP and back to sanity.

Gotta go to work extra early to continue to catch up on the chaos being off the 3 days created - just a nightmare.

Important thing to remember - my girls are on the mend . . . Tx for all the well wishes gals.:hug:

Diva
11-09-2007, 12:18 PM
It's been a very stressful week relationship-wise and I have just been completely disgusted with my man. being that I am an emotional eater I have been 2 days off the Carb wagon. It's been very stressful, but thankfully the scale has not reflected my poor choices as of yet. I've had no loss but I've had no gain either, so that's good. getting back on track now even though it's hard and the carbs are calling me, LOL!

Luckily for dude, he was in a better mood last night and hopefully has fixed our car & truck woes. If he gave me any tude last night I might be posting from jail...Wait, do they have internet there? Better rethink this....;)

aud
11-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Tx for the giggle diva!:D

I needed it today.

My dh has a real prob with the words "I'm sorry" . . . I had a real prob in a former long term relationship that I ended 'cause the dude would do things and then thought saying "I'm so sorry" could just fix the crap instantly, right? Sooooo, initially LOVED that dh wasn't the type to gush "I'm sorry" all the time . . .

Ummmmmmmmmm . . . hellllllllooooooo . . . after 17 years of Love means NEVER saying he's sorry - sometimes RE-think my choice of the other end of the spectrum!!!:mad::dizzy::mad:

LIKE WOULD IT FREAKIN' KILL YOU TO SAY YOU'RE SORRY ONCE IN AWHILE?????????????????????:devil: OR, HEY, HOW 'BOUT JUST ADMITTING YOU ARE EL WRONGO AND MADE A MISTAKE-O???? HAPPENS TO ALL OF US ONCE IN AWHILE BUCKO!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

*deep cleansing breaths*

*feeling of calm*

*whoooooosh*

*more water*

*gulp*

:p

Puncezilla
11-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Well at least I'm not the only one feeling down because the scale went up.
Misery does love company. I've been doing pretty good with the eating except for the weekness for Peanut butter. Here's my fitday. http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=puncezilla
If anyone has any suggestions.

aud
11-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Hiya puncie!:hug: Posted to you over @ WEED awhile back . . . haven't even been getting my H20 in I've been so down/crazed.

DID get my meds in me this morning AND my Estroven . . . already feeling more upbeat! Just gonna shake this off and get it going for the Weekend - something I would never even attempt in my other life as an overeater, ya know?:carrot:

We'll all get thru this together, doncha think?

AWESOME work lilyb - you are still truly an inspiration and one of my heroes! (Along with Our jerseygirl & rockinrobin!:carrot:)

Didja get the firewood in bouncie? Like thinking of a nice cozey fire and you relaxing now up on Cobb Mountain! So glad you came back to chat!:hug: How's the LC'ing going?

Hang in there lynnar! We'll make it thru the Holidays - just know it! *Happy Meds coursing and pumping thru my veins now!* w00t!:carrot:

Looking forward to fitties Pumpkin Bake to get me over the Thanksgiving Hump!

Never heard of the Factor 5 beachie.:?: I think Leo's right on in his advice - Make up some Revolution Rolls and Let's Do This!:carrot:

Gotta run gals - get back in here ilovemike4a . . . hope we can all chat thru the weekend for a change?

ttyal!

beach bum
11-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Thanks:thanks: Aud- for cheering:cheer: me up, even when you had such a rough & full plate yourself this week. I going to make those rev rolls tomorrow and start Atkins Induction again. Just finished rewriting my food journal,up to next Wed.

:dust:----------:dust:-----------:dust:--------------:dust:-----------:dust:----------:dust:

I AGREE :yes: WE CAN ALL DO THIS,IF WE STICK :hug: TOGETHER.

Diva
11-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Tx for the giggle diva!:D

I needed it today.

My dh has a real prob with the words "I'm sorry" . . . I had a real prob in a former long term relationship that I ended 'cause the dude would do things and then thought saying "I'm so sorry" could just fix the crap instantly, right? Sooooo, initially LOVED that dh wasn't the type to gush "I'm sorry" all the time . . .

Ummmmmmmmmm . . . hellllllllooooooo . . . after 17 years of Love means NEVER saying he's sorry - sometimes RE-think my choice of the other end of the spectrum!!!:mad::dizzy::mad:

LIKE WOULD IT FREAKIN' KILL YOU TO SAY YOU'RE SORRY ONCE IN AWHILE?????????????????????:devil: OR, HEY, HOW 'BOUT JUST ADMITTING YOU ARE EL WRONGO AND MADE A MISTAKE-O???? HAPPENS TO ALL OF US ONCE IN AWHILE BUCKO!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

*deep cleansing breaths*

*feeling of calm*

*whoooooosh*

*more water*

*gulp*

:p

LMFAO!!!!!!!

lilybelle
11-09-2007, 10:39 PM
LMAO at Aud's comment. My DH is very quick to always say "I'm sorry and it will never happen again". Which is a CROCK. My standard reply is "No you're not sorry, you're only sorry you got caught". Which is 100% the case.

Anyways, I'm doing fantastic at staying on Induction plan. No cheats. Don't know what I weigh, but I can tell my clothes are getting loser. I am having to use a belt to keep my jeans from sliding down off my flat behind. LOL

I didn't exercise last night cause we spent the day at my MIL's and then went to Karoke last night. We had fun and I sang my little heart out. LOL. I'm pumping up with coffee and water right now and soon to hit my treadmill.

mothermavis
11-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Hey everyone, I am new to this board.
Low carb was working quite well for me, then I fell off and decided to try calorie counting and that, for me anyway, is not the ticket. I'm up 3 lbs and that simply will not work for me....so, here I am. 100% back into LC and committed.

Tigerseye
11-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Hi,

Im new to the board and just finished my first day of induction yesterday, which at the end of I ate a mini kit kat bar someone gave me *ugh*. Im not gonna beat myself up tho cause I am sucha huge carb eatter, so to have that one thing is still a victory day for me. This way of eatting is hard for me, but I have to get off this carb merry go round Im on.

JerseyGyrl
11-10-2007, 09:29 AM
:welcome3: Mothermavis & Nancy!!!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!

When done correctly, the low carb lifestyle works!!

All the best to you both!!!

Kim

beach bum
11-10-2007, 09:59 AM

I just changed my ticker back to the right reading.Starting induction again,and hopeful find the gate way to lose again.

WELCOME:welcome: to the two new low carbers.You'll like it here very supportive and motivating people on this board.

AUD-I;m so sorry you have to go thought this,especially at this time when you have so much on your plate. Sending good:goodvibes: vibes your way.

LILY-I'm going back to Atkins and see if I can stay on it longer,than I did before. You're doing terrific ,you've always been my inspiration every since I came on the board a couple of years ago. I have to start exercising again,as you'd notice in the exercising sticky I haven't done any the whole week.

MOTHER MAVIS-Calorie Counting Yikes!!:yikes: you don't think thats a good idea??????Thats what I'm doing on another board. Some one mentioned to me that they thought I wasn't get enough to eat and my body was going into a starvation mode,so thats my idea:idea:to check how many calories I really taking in.

Tigereye.-You did terrific,I have to watch my carbs also.Especially the bread ones. I was trying the new diet[5 factor]from the Hollywood stars and I didn't do good on that FAD diet,so not I trying to control my carbs again.

Diva
11-10-2007, 10:35 AM
:welcome: Mother & Tiger!

The calorie counting wasn't working for me either. WW's either. I always felt hunfry and gained 8 LBs on the counting so screw that mess. I am STILL in the habbit of counting calories, but the low car has def helped me so far. i admit, I do get freaked out by thge High calorie count, but then when I stepped on the scale last Monday I was pleasently surprised to be down 4 lbs.

It's been a hard week and I am in a mood and just spent 3 days off the wagon, but getting back on track today if not JUST to spite my bf. Long story and I won't bore y'all, but let's just say I do not like him much these day's...

Have a great weekend all. I plan on doing alot of walking and reading and anything to be ALONE!

Tigerseye
11-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the welcome :)

BB, I also tried the 5 factor for a short time and I didnt find it worked either. It also seemed a little more complicated and I didnt want to keep up with it anyways.

Yesterday I had bought a frozen tuna steak and let it thaw overnight....I love sushi and wanted to eat it raw with some wasabi and soy sauce, so I did...for breakfast! I completely grossed my family out :)

Have a great day everyone!

aud
11-10-2007, 02:59 PM
HURRAH & WELCOME to MotherMavis & Tigerseye!:hug::carrot:

Here's the thing I LOVE LOVE LOVE about the LC Lifestyle - I'M NEVER HUNGRY!

As jerseygirl said - when done correctly - you NEVAH have to feel "deprived" like so many "diets."

I've always returned to LC to feel GREAT and lose weight - this time I'm making it my WOL - period. (July 16th '07.)

The trouble that I have is emotional overeating . . . I've made great strides in identifying the triggers . . . and just facing that we are living in a world of MEGA processed foods/flours/sugar/convenience food that is just plain ole BAD BAD BAD for us. LC takes some planning in this world - I'm making the Egg Bread that I haven't made all week - just having some ready is such a simple step in avoiding a crash & burn . . . also headed to the store for some supplies. Mmmmmmmmm . . . tuna steak? Haven't had sushi but determined to add more chicken & fish in this weekend & week.

Old habits die hard but DO die, ya know?

I've been off the exercise wagon the whole week too beachie - getting back on - starting TODAY!

I'm home all weekend so will be around to chat if anyone else is here.:?:

ttyal!:)

Azure
11-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey, all! I came to a realization the other day about how being a part of challenges feeds into my procrastination tendencies...and it's keeping me from my goals as opposed to helping. I wrote about it here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1925566#post1925566

I'm removing myself from the challenges I've joined (TBL and W.O.W.) for the time being, until I can get myself back on track again. I'll be around to read everyone's posts and to give/get support weekly, I'm sure. But I need to find the things that are feeding into my self sabotage and eliminate them; I'm afraid that the challenges are hurting rather than helping. I want to say thank you to everyone who's been a huge support to me in all the challenges, and since I joined 3FC.

I'm not leaving the LC lifestyle behind, or giving up on my exercise. I'm hoping that by moving my goals away from a time-line, and pull them in more privately that I'll be able to start making progress again, instead of treading water like I have been for the last few months. I'll be checking in again, never you worry :)

--Azure/Kim

mothermavis
11-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Beach Bum-calorie counting was not working for me, that's not to say it won't work for you. I am still going to put everything into FitDay, I just need to focus more on carb and less on calories. That seems to be the ticket for me.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

ilovemike4alwayz
11-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Hey ladies. Well I jumped completely off the wagon due to the scale being up on friday. i am really mad at myself for doing so. I am spending the day tomorrow doing nothing but re reading my book for a fresh induction start on monday. Just wanted to drop in and say hello.

Tigerseye
11-11-2007, 12:29 AM
I went to ihop tonight after work and ate a small piece of rye toast and a mouthful of potatoes. I have lost weight the past couple of days....I guess compared to how many carbs I was eatting it is a BIG drop. So, at least I know I dont have to be "perfect" and the scale still moves. I have a problem with perfection personally. I feel when I havent been, I tend to just throw in the towel and eat. When the scale stops moving, of course I'll tweak it, but for now Im pretty happy :)

ILM4A...I know its hard getting started...but as we get going hopefully we'll have an easier time of it

Bouncing
11-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Hi gals, and welcome Tigerseye and Mothermavis.

Yeah, I got the wood all stacked. Jeez, I'm older than I was when I did this last year! I also got my front gutter cleaned out. Not perfectly, but enough. Just in time, too. It's rained half an inch today, and supposed to rain another half an inch tomorrow. And, guess what? Accuweather is predicting SNOW on and off for four days, starting eleven days from now! Yeah, I know, ain't gonna even happen, but it's fun to think about. The closer it gets, the higher the predicted temp will be. This happens every year. Not usually this early, though. I've never seen snow befor Feb, and then it mostly just barely dusts us in the wee-smalls and it's gone by 10 a.m. About once a year we get a couple of inches that lasts all day. Pretty, pretty, pretty. When it finally does snow I'll post a pic of the forest in the snow.

Warning: evil tempered rant begins here. A friend died of a heart attack a week ago, he was 65 and in horrible health, and tomorrow we're having a "celebration of his life." Hey, what ever happened to reality? How about, we're getting together to talk about him and mourn that he's not with us anymore? God, no, people don't DIE. They "pass." They aren't freaking GONE, they're "still here in spirit." Well, if I can't touch him and talk to him and joke with him and see him ever again, he's GONE. I don't feel a bit like celebrating, thank you very much. And if YOU are celebrating, I think there's something real, real wrong with you. Somebody we loved "passes" and these days we are supposed to throw a freakin PARTY and not do anything politically incorrect (not to mention honest) like be sad. No wonder Americans are known throughout the world for denial around death, and bizarre practices. I'd say sorry for the rant, but I'm not.

Anyway, today I binged on pistachios and beef jerkey. Lot better than potato chips and peanut butter sandwiches and Pepperidge Farms cookies, I suppose, but still a binge. Man, even my binges are boring anymore. Hm, that must not have been English -- I think the spirit of my third grade teacher just slapped me.

I've been waching Dante's Peak. Delightfully shivery movie for a girl who lives on a volcano...

beach bum
11-11-2007, 09:53 AM

I started the Atkins Induction this morning. This afternoon I'm going to bake my revolution rolls,so I have them for when I need them. I change my goal on the ticker to 150,once I reach that I will change it to 140 again.

It very cold!!! this more temps are 28,I had to bring some winter clothes up from the basement yesterday. What a difference from last year it didn't get cold until Feb.2007 Thought we get the same again,but I guess I was wrong.

TIGER-What a mistake to start that stupid 5 factor diet. I wasted two whole weeks on it,and I could have been finished with my induction by now.You're lucky about the scale being a friend,mine not,it just hooves on the 164-165 for the longest time.and doesn't budge. I have a waist high physician scale,and the balance bean is in the center.

AUD-Going to start exercising tomorrow,and this time I going to keep it going even if a few mins,as it better than nothing. Where that egg bread that your talking about is it on the Linda web site.???? I like to try it, instead of baking the rev rolls all the time.

AZURE/KIM-You're going to be in the zone very soon. I have a lot of soul searching myself. I was fooled into a diet that didn't work for me.Having all the breads & grain carbs, WHAT WAS I THINKING????? Thats way I hear and back to the Atkins induction.

MOTHERMAVIS-I use fit day and it helps with the carb & calorie count. Today I'm on a low calories count of 1030 being on the first day of induction. Forgot what the carbs were,have to go back and check. Good luck to us on the Atkins,hopefully we will all hit our goals.

ILOVEMIKE-Sorry for the scale going up on Friday. I had the same thing happen on SAT. Moved my goal up to 150 and when i get there I will return it to my original 140. I have to keep myself physicked [sp]

BOUNCIE-I saw the beef jerky in Wal-mart's yesterday and was going to buy it but I wasn't sure you cxan have it on induction. Instead I bought Kraft's New Digestive Cheese sticks that I found in our local Stop & Shop Its has 1 carb so I think it OK. Sorry about the 65 year old man that passing on.

Have to go get ready for church, will post later