Old 11-04-2007, 05:18 PM   #1  
I CAN do it!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Default Pilates anyone?

Hi Guys,
I recently started training doing pilates. I did a few private lessons, and I'll continue now with group classes. I just wondered if anyone here does Pilates, if so- what are your experiences with it, and does anyone have a good rec regarding videos or at home pilates?

Thanks!!!
MeganMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:11 PM   #2  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile I really like it

I have tried it in the past but it was too hard for me but recently I resumed doing it. It is not my primary core exercise but I am doing it in conjunction with walking on the treadmill 30 mins 5x a week and lifting weights. I hope to increase it to 3-4x a week besides my other exercises. I like the fact that it makes for strong lean and long muscles, particularly in the lower body. I have the equipment and several dvds that I use.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #3  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I love pilates. So great for toning.. and its a nice chill exercise but it still works the body I do Windsor Pilates Advanced body sculpting and I love it.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #4  
Steps on this journey...

Height: 5'3

I found a website:myfit.ca/exercisedatabase/pilates.asp?pilate=free_pilates_samples[/url] and it has good instructions and small videos. They've been good exercises for me.
TheBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:03 AM   #5  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I did pilates when I first started out at the local gym. AND I LOVED IT. As soon as I find a class that fits into my work/school schedule I will definitely get back into it.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #6  
I CAN do it!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Pamatga: what DVD's do you have? I looked at a few but couldn't decide...
I'm doing it also with couch to 5 k running hopefully 3 times a week, with Pilates 2-3/week. I think this will work out fairly well with a good diet.
MeganMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:11 PM   #7  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

I love Pilartes, it has really help me get motivated, because it is not as intimadating as running or other workouts. It helps you balance and stregth. I really feel it working in my legs, and lower ab muscles. It has really helped me stregthen my back and stomach. I think the most import thing is the breathing, and focusing on great form---that is where the payoff is.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:34 PM   #8  
Getting Fit

S/C/G: 205/202/140

Height: 5'3

I do Winsor Pilates. I rotate between the 20 Minute Workout (Original), the 20 Minute Workout (Circle), Calisthenics, and a Stationary Bike. I can really tell where the Pilates has helped me out in my legs the most. My thighs are really starting to get tight! I've been doing the Winsor Pilates for about 1 month now, but haven't done it in about a week due to being sick. :-( I kept up with my calisthenics & bike though.

I can't tell you how much weight I've lost though, because I didn't weigh until last Thursday!

Last edited by MandiMoore87; 11-06-2007 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Added last sentence (about my weight)
MandiMoore87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:37 AM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

I go to a yoga boutique here in my building and do Pilates. I like it because when I don't feel like exercising I still talk myself into Pilates because I tell myself "it's not that hard". When I get home I realize I have been sweating, haha.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #10  

I love pilates!!! It gives you that nice long look and when you're short you need all the help you can get but don't make it your soul work out unless you've reached your goal. If you're loosing pounds cardio is still the way to go.
wannabequeenbe is offline   Reply With Quote