Support Groups - Thin Wannabee's Chitter-Chatter ~ Welcome Everyone! (November/2007)

CJ
11-04-2007, 04:16 PM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff26/cjlem/welcomedollz1.gif

Howdy! Welcome to the Thin Wannabees! :cheer:

Please come join our monthly chit-chat! Everyone is welcome here. We look forward to meeting you!

We all have one thing in common – we want to lose those pounds & inches and have a healthier lifestyle.

There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation – not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Please feel free to post with us – just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms! The more the merrier!

Let’s work together towards a healthier and thinner us!! :gossip:

CJ
11-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi ladies ... sorry I have'nt been around the last few days .. but have just been very busy and not on the computer. I have been doing my Curves tho, and my daily walking, plus taking care of my Carley. I'm really trying very hard to eat the right foods - how is it going for all of you????

I got a new car this week - well, not new new but new to me - a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee - I take care of all the paper work tomorrow - am very excited - hubby talked me into it. I was perfectly happy with my little SUV but now that I test drove the new one ... well, need I say more? lol

Well ... hope you all had a great week and hope to hear from all of the regulars and more this month! Let's all be LOSERS this month!

Later...

Love, CJ

losinitin07
11-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi every one jumping in here and joining ya all. Have a great eveing

CJ
11-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi losinit07 and Welcome to our group! I hope you post with us often and tell us a bit more about yourself. Looking forward to getting to know you more!

Hope everyone had a good day today and a wonderful weekend. I picked up my new Jeep Grand Cherokee today! LOVE IT!

Had to take Carley to Jets Pizza tonite - we promised so of course we had pizza to eat. But, I only ate 2 slices of a med pizza and that was my total of food all day .. I know it's not good to go all day without but it was such a busy busy day I just didn't have time!

Talk to ya all tomorrow ...

Love, CJ

losinitin07
11-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome my name is Rena I'm trying to find a place to fit into, I am in need of support I have days where I just want to throw in the towel but then I would get no where:dizzy:I'm 38 and have about 34 pounds to lose. I know I can do it I did it 3 years ago lost 25 lbs and I'm ready to do it again.I am looking forward to getting to know ya all.

CJ
11-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi Rena - glad you posted with us. Yes, you CAN lose those lbs again! I hope you fit in here with us - there isn't a lot of us but we can give good support. I bumped up our bios thread if you wish to post on it. Glad to have you aboard! Talk to you soon.

Where is everyone else????? Come on girls - POST POST POST!!!

Sorry this is short .. am on my way to walking at the Sports Plex and still have to get dressed!

Talk to you later...

Love, CJ

losinitin07
11-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Hello every one was on the road early for a meeting so wasn't able to post today ,didn't exercise either and ate horribly ,that's ok there is always tomorrow. Hello CJ glad to be here .I hope you had a great day .

girlontheloose66
11-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Hello again:

Once again I am back on the wagon. It was a very busy summer for me. I started off with a passel of good intentions and we all know about good intentions. I guess the good news is I did not acually gain a pile of weight even though I did not eat healthy or even exercise a lot. I did however take up golf and although I took a cart I did manage to do more walking this summer than I did for all of last summer!

To help me attain my goal I have started back at the gym. Yes, I have dragged my sorry butt out to the gym a few times in the last couple weeks. I am officially unemployed now so I have a lot of time on my hands. I actually met with a personal trainer and she is in the process of working out a program for me to follow. I will not see her on a regular basis but I needed something to give me a bit of a boost. I will meet with her later this week to go over the program and I will take it on and in a few weeks we will have another session in which I can track my progress. Its a bit expensive for a trainer, but I figure that I am worth it. Its time for me to do more for me.

Anyway I just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone and I will keep in touch. I am a true Thin Wannabee.....inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out.....I usually keep her quiet by feeding her chocolate......

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091/bee01/lb/208/185/207/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

losinitin07
11-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Welcome back look forward to getting to know ya you are not too far from me I'm in Houlton ,Maine ,

Sassy
11-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I finally got home this past weekend from daughter, Kelly's, while I just loved it there, helping her and being able to take care of my new little Grandson, Brandon, but I really need to go home to get caught up on everything. It was funny cause when Ken picked me up and I hugged her goodbye she started crying. I asked her why she was crying and she just said that she really loved having me there and I was such a big help and she had so much fun having Mom there. :goodvibes Her husband, Brian said I had to stay at least for 3 more weeks and I asked why he wanted me to and he said "you cook, do laundry, help out with the baby so Kelly could get some sleep and help Kelly too", my daughter said that he didn't want me to go cause now he would have to do all of those things. :dizzy::fr:

Anyways, got some things done this weekend, got my many tomatoe plants in my garden pulled out, cages and stakes stored for the winter. Took the deck furniture off the deck and stored it in the shed for the winter and pulled any plants in containers that were dead. I also caught up with the laundry at my home and am trying to give the place a good cleaning too. I probably have to do some canning one of these days, picked all the tomatoes out of the garden before they freeze. So I had lots and lots of stuff to do around here. It is so good to be home, I tell you, there is just NO PLACE LIKE HOME is there? So now have more to catch up with and all will be well around here. :hyper:

Dallas-Hey girlfriend, Welcome back, :hug: I miss you and am happy to posted again with The Wannabee's. How are you doing? How is the family and the B/F? I hope all is well with you. It sounds like you have had a busy summer and are holding your own. Good for you! The personal trainer is a great idea, I think in the long run it will be worth the money and help get your on your way too. Glad you came back to the fold.

Rena-So glad you joined up with our merry group too. If you need a place to fit into for encouragement and support you have found the place. I too look forward to getting to know you and helpin each other too. Please don't give up, hang in there and you will get to where you want to be. :dust:

CJ-Oh your new Jeep Grand Cherokee sounds great. I don't think you did very bad at all with that pizza, only 2 pieces? I would have to have more than that. And cheese is not as fattening as me wanting everything but the kitchen sink on it. LOL :hungry:

Sylvia-Where are you at? :love: Can you send me your email so I can send you some pictures of the new Grandkids. I sent you a private message with my email, and am just waiting to get a reply from you. CJ, I think you said you are going to send it to me before. Someone, Anyone??? Thanks guys!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and love you all. Sassy Sharon

willba3
11-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Hello! I am new to the site...as of yesterday!!! I came aboard for support, b/c I NEED IT! I had my 3rd daughter 8months ago and am still as big as i was when I was pregnant! NOT FUN, I look in the mirror and get sad.....I feel like one of those plumb cherubs.....Oh well that is why I am here and I will get skinny!!!!

Sassy
11-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Hi Willba3, a great big welcome to you. :wel3fc: So glad you decided to join in. I feel what you are going thru, I had 4 children, all grown now and I am onto the new Grandmother-2 little boys, 1 month and 7 months old. Anyways I always gained so much weight when I was pregnant and afterwards for a long time. It is a hard time, everything just tastes so darn good. :T Don't worry we can help each other get to where we want to be. Just take it one day at a time and you will get there. :dance:

Tell us about yourself, is Willba your name? Or just your 3 Fat Chicks name? I do like it though. Looking forward to getting to know you and you will be welcome with open arms by all the Wannabee's. I am sure we will get to know each other and we will all be successfull. It is a struggle, but we all need a little help don't we? :cb:

Sassy Sharon :hat:

willba3
11-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Hi! no my name is cristina.....I used that name to urge me to be a size 3 again...LOL I feel like yea right now....but I saw a girl on here who used to weigh what I do now and is 111 lbs today.....so I am like you know what if she can so can I.......It never used to be so hard, I mean some years where harder than others but today is just like oh my goodness, My 3rd child just puffed me up and stretched me out and I see my other girls watching sponge bob....I literally started to cry and was like I LOOK LIKE MR. SQUARE PANTS.... I know maybe I dont, but man I need big time support!

girlontheloose66
11-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Hello Christina:

I have two children, they are both teenagers now. I have not lost the "baby fat" from them. I don't know what happened to me. I had them back to back and I am heavier now than when I was 9 months along with the last one. I only gained 28 pounds on each one so it was a very uneventful pregnancy. For a while I weighed less than my 207 at present but for some reason I packed on the pounds. I am so envious of women who drop their weight right after giving birth. Good luck to you.

I had my first session with a personal trainer today. She put me through my paces, it was just a session to see where I was at physically. I discovered that I am really out of shape and If I plan on losing weight I have to work hard. I have to make it worth my while as I am paying her more than I can really afford. I feel its a good investment though. I need to take a step in the right direction. I have been down this road before and lost some weight. I was actually 10 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. (It is really and attainable goal) I dont know what took me back up to where I am now but I know that I can do it. It will take time to take it off as it did to put it on. I just have to keep up the battle. And some days it is a physical battle for me.

Anyway I have something to work with and I will be at the gym at least 3 times a week, more if I can do it. I will keep track of what I do and hopefully I will see some improvement.

The scariest thing that I saw today at the gym was my BMI.....and my percentage of body fat!!!!!! thats enough to scare me skinny......

Anyway I am a bit tired and sore so I think I will go and try to relax. Need to recharge the batteries.

Take care everyone.

Dallas

Sassy
11-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi Dallas,
Believe me I know how you feel completely. When I get weighed and measured at Curves I just can't believe how out of shape I am compared to before I had the 4 kids. :yikes:

But you are doing all the right things, the personel trainer will be a great investment in your health too. :lifter: It will be worth it in the long run. You also have the right idea when you say it took a while to put this on so it will take time to take it off, the right way too. I am right around what you are, at 203 lbs, I am looking to get back in the 190's and know that will give me more incentive when I reach that goal, which I need to get there before the holidays to keep me in line and help me so I don't slide backwards. :crossed:

I just know we can do this and if we are persistant, eat right :broc: , exercise :strong: and drink water (GLUG GLUG GLUG), we will get there. I need to also keep up the journaling too. :write:

So keep on posting and so will I, we will get there. Here is a little help for you. :dust:

Sassy Sharon :dance:

girlontheloose66
11-11-2007, 09:08 AM
thanks for the kind words Sassy:

Yesterday was a bit of a down day for me. I went to the gym, my first trip after seeing the trainer. I did everything she she had recommended for me. I even did a bit more for strength training. But I made the mistake of stepping on the scale there. It said that I was up!!!!! What a shock! I could have cried. It is so very frustrating to see those numbers. I did not do anything different. I certainly did not eat more. I have been eating less and working out!!!! I feel good, and I even think that I look better. But the numbers just dont add up. What am I supposed to do?

The trainer measured me and took my BMI and my body fat percentage. Both numbers were very scarey. How is it that my body got so out of shape? But more importantly how can I get it back? I feel betrayed by it at times. When I look in the mirror some days I see a girl who is overweight but not grotesque. Other days I see the Goodyear Blimp. I truly hate how I look in photographs. I love to get my picture taken but hat how it looks, how messed up is that?

Oh well. I will have to face the fact that I will have set backs and to not give up. I have to carry on. I want to be here for my family, I want to see my sons graduate college, get married and have kids of their own. If I dont take care of myself I will not be there for that. So here I am whining to you guys, but thankful to have the support. This is not easy for anyone, whether it be 10 pounds or 100. The battle is the same. So I have to take it in stride that this week I am up and hope that next week I will be down, It will take time....

Thanks for the support gals..I look forward to the days and weeks ahead.

Thanks.

losinitin07
11-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi every one I have been busy tend to find it hard some times to remember where I posted. Hope all is well for every one. i kinda fell off the wagon for a bit as in no exercise ate a few things I know I didn't need , but hey when you fall off the bike you get back up again and go on so thats what I'm doing this week .It has snowed today so will have to find another out door activity besides kayaking and hiking . I like Walk Away The Pounds and would like to try cross country skiing or maybe snow shoeing haven't decided yet.I do not like being cooped up all winter. Will just wanted to say hi and I will try to post more often. Have a great day . Rena

girlontheloose66
11-14-2007, 07:09 AM
Hello again:

I went to the gym again the other day. I am down again. Not down past my 207 start weight but close. That made me happier. I figure that I must be retaining fluid or something. It amazes me how we can gain weight almost overnight but it takes weeks to lose the same couple of pounds.

I will be side lined a bit over the next couple weeks. I went an got a tattoo yesterday. It is not recommended that I work out during the healing time. I have chosen not to strenght train my arms and back as the tattoo is in the center of my back up between my shoulder blades. I will however head out to the gym to walk the track and get some exercise that way I will also work my lower body being carefull to not over do it. I am not sure if I am actually losing weight but I certainly do feel better. So feeling better about my body is the first step towards looking better.

I am being very careful not to overeat. That is one of my biggest problems. I tend to stuff myself. I have always been a hearty eater. And then to top it off I love sweets and fat laden foods. My downfall. Its a big challenge for me to just stay away from cookies. I have food like that on hand because I have kids, they enjoy a cookie, my live in boyfriend has no problems with weight so no point in making him suffer too. Its me that has to exercise the will power. some days its so easy to give into the temptation. But be it good choices or bad I have to live with the concequences. I am trying to make good choices. I will take it easy for a week or so once my tattoo starts to heal I will be back working out my upper body.

So off I go to the gym to walk off the pounds (hopefully). I will be back to fight the battle again.

losinitin07
11-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Hi every one hope all is well for you all .Kinda quite in here .:dizzy:

Sassy
11-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Yes, it sure is a bit quite in here, but we will have to fix that and have more posts and that will liven it up around here. :joker:

Dallas-Sorry you had a bad ay at the gym, but I am sure that it is because you just started working out with the trainer and I know that some people do gain a bit when first exercising, cause they are building muscle like you probably are. I'll bet that if you just hang in there and keep on doing what you are doing that within a couple of weeks you will start seeing the results you want. I know you will keep on going and do this, this is too important for us all not to be the best that we can be. So keep up the great work. :cb:

Christina-Where are you and how are you doing? Post again and let us know what is going on in your quest to be a size 3 again. Man I was NEVER a size 3 and would be happy if I could be a size 13, which I haven't been for a long time. We are waiting for you to help support you. :flame:

Rena-I too just love the Walk Away The Pounds video's and use them all the time. I think I have almost every single one Leslie Sansone has, including one from way back from 1987, when she was not married and her name was Leslie Tommelleo. I just love her and when I can't get to Curves to work out I just pop one of her tapes in and work out with Leslie.You have the right spirit about getting back up on the bike after you fall down. Way to go Rena!!!!!!! I am with you on that one. Never quit trying I always say! :goodvibes

Sylvia-Where are you at girlfriend? Post and let us know what you are up to? I'll bet you are getting ready for the holidays already. Is Nico all excited about Christmas? :present: and he probably already has in mind what he wants Santa to bring him. :hohoho: They are so cute when they are his age and get so excited about everything. I miss you!

CJ-Speaking about getting ready for the holidays. I bet you are already done with everything arn't you? I know you start early with your Christmas shopping, like in July. But you know what? This year I shopped early for the new little Grandsons, even before Brandon was born on Oct 17th. I shopped this summer, a couple of months after Tyler was born. Aren't you proud of me? I sure am. I can't believe I already have their Christmas gifts, and even wrapped them. I know you have so many more Grandkids than me, but hey that's a start. LOL So how ready are you for Christmas? :mrsclaus: Got the lights up yet? I want to get them up early this year, while it is still nice weather here in Indiana. So may try to get Ken to do them this weekend. He will thank me for it come December when everyone else is freezing and up on the roof. :xcheer:

Ok better get off here and get some things done around here. I just wanted to post 1st. :cp: Hope to hear from everyone and any newbies you are welcome to come and join our wonderful group too. :welcome2:

Take care and talk to you later, Sassy Sharon :dance:

willba3
11-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi! I just had to gripe today was a crumby day...and I noticed that I reached for the trail mix with the chocolate...Yuck...after 4 handfuls I was like what am I doing...but the damage was gone......Oh MAN!

losinitin07
11-16-2007, 07:19 PM
I feel for you WillB3 I kinda did that the other day ,but then I thought tomorrow is another day I think we all go through rough times ,hang in there I'm :cheer2:ya on .

Hello Sassy Yeah I have fallen off so many times I have no choice but to get up lol.

Hello Dallas hope the gym has been a little better this week

Please come back C.J.and Sylvia and Christina we miss you:)

:thanks1:Happy Thanksgiving everyone :thanks2:

Sassy
11-17-2007, 12:34 AM
I have been struggling today as well. I want to eat and usually I had been doing pretty well about sweets, especially candy. :chockiss: I have been trying to just have like one of those 100 calorie things, like Hostess Cup Cakes or some other sweet 100 calorie treat. I find that if I just leave the sweets/candy alone, I do ok. But once I start to eat anything sweet I can't stop sometimes. But I will do better tomorrow and start fresh and not worry about what I had today. :hun:

Rena-We are both getting up and tomorrow is another day for us right? :sunny:

Cristina-Thanks for posting, it seems like you are doing alright. I think you are doing good because at least you did stop eating that trail mix, I might have not stopped till I ate the whole bag. :rolleyes:

OK lets really try this weekend. I plan to really try. :yay:

girlontheloose66
11-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Hey Again everyone:

Trail mix with chocolate sounds yummy!!! I love chocolate and chocolate went on sale after Halloween. I picked up some and for the first time I broke down last night and had a handful of those little bars. They were so yummy. However once I finished eating them I was feeling a bit sick. It could have been the nacho chips and salsa that I had prior to eating the chocolate. I know "my bad" but I felt the need. I did go to the gym again yesterday and walked a little further than the day before. It was not too bad. Once my tattoo heals completely I will be able to get back to my upper body work out again. I will meet again this week with the trainer. She and I discussed possibly trianing so that in the spring I would be able to run a 5 kilometer fun run that held locally here. I would like to aim for that but I am not sure that my knees would be able to handle the impact, not to mention the shin splints that I have now everytime I walk. I am hoping that the shin splints will go away and my knees my feel better once I lose some weight.

I stepped on the scales today. It looks like 205. That is great:carrot: I have really been watching my intake. There is less going in my mouth these days. It is such a challenge. I see my boyfriend eat just about everything he comes across and he cant gain a pound. He is 5'11" and about 170 lbs. He is pretty lean. It is so frustrating. He tries to help me but sometimes I just want to tell him to leave me alone. I got this way without his help I will get out of it without his help. I know that we need support but coming from someone that has never had a weight problem I find it a bit hard to take his advice.

And to top matters off, two of my good friends have managed to drop an amazing amount of weight. My one friend lost about 30 pounds!!! without even trying. She spent the whole summer love sick and that caused her not to eat so much, which caused the weight just to melt off. My other friend lost weight to spite the guy who dumped her. He told her she was too heavy for him and so to spite him she lost just about 40 pounds!!!! Meanwhile it seems like I am in a slug-fest with my extra pounds. Stress makes me gain weight. My guy loves me with all the extra padding. So here I am struggling to lose the pounds....yet again. It has always been a battle and I am sure it always will be.

Anyway, today will not be a chocolate bar day. I have already been out trying to get some more yardwork done before it gets too cold. I swear there is no end to it.

So it another day to fight the battle.

losinitin07
11-18-2007, 01:15 PM
hello every one Sunday a day of rest yeah , It is cold here today spitting snow a good day to stay in and play on the puter lol.Hope all is well have a great day.

CJ
11-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Hey everyone - just popping in to say hi and sorry for not being around at all ... have been really busy - lot of baby sitting and of course getting in my walking and Curves! Got family coming up for Thanksgiving .. This is going to be a quickie but I promise that after Thanksgiving I will address each and everyone of you! Don't you all be too hard on yourselves now on Thanksgiving -- have a good day, hopefully with family and if you overeat well ... get back on track on Friday!

Until later ... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Love, CJ

girlontheloose66
11-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone:

I hope that everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Here in Canada our Thanksgiving was back in October. I am sure it will be a challenge for everyone to watch what they are eating on that day. My big challenge will be Christmas. There are some functions and dinners that I have to go to that I know it will be hard to resist. I will do my best.

Yesterday I did my first full work out in a week. I got a tattoo last week that required that I not work out. So I walked those days. But yesterday I was back at it. I could not use the treadmill because the day before I twisted my ankle while crossing the road to my neighbors house. It swelled up some and was pretty painful. I did some time on the exercise bike and my ankle did not feel too bad at all. Today I am feeling pretty good but its not a gym day. I have to get my car serviced, and then I am off to bottle some wine for a freind. I may have to sample some*smile*.

So on that note I am off. Have a good day everyone.

losinitin07
11-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Hello all it is such a busy time of year for every one and will get busier I'm sure . Just dropping in to say hi and to wish every one a happy Thanksgiving I hope it is a good one .:thanks1::thanks2:

Sassy
11-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi everyone,
Everyone getting ready for Thanksgiving? What is everyone doing on Thursday? We are all going to go to Michigan to visit the whole family, both sides. Son Alan just got back from Korea and is now stationed at Andrews AFB in Maryland so he came back with his girlfriend, Tina from Pennsylvania, and they will be going tomorrow with us. Than son, Dan will be going as well as both daughters, their husbands and the 2 new little babies, Tyler and Brandon. It will be fun to see everyone see the new little ones for the very first time. Than after we see husband, Ken's family, we will go see Sister In law, Chrissy and her family. The best part will be to watch my Dad's face when he finally meets the two Great Grandsons at long last. We will have to take lots of pictures of him and the little ones. It will be great to have the whole family together, with all the kids too, once again, we have a lot of celebrate this year, with my two new Grandsons, God has been good to me and it has been a great year for our family. :yay:

Rena-Hope you had a good Sunday on your puter, sometimes it is great just to take it easy and do what you want to do. I have to take a lazy day from time to time and do nothing, but maybe catch up on things I Tivo'd or whatever else I want to do. It is fun to do that sometimes, I really enjoy those days when I get to do that. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. :turkey:

CJ-Glad you dropped in and posted with us. Have a great Thanksgiving :happ3: and enjoy your family and everything that goes with it. Looking forward to your post after Thanksgiving. :)

Dallas-In spite of everything that has happened last week, you managed to go back to the gym, good for you. Yes, Christmas will be a test for me too, as well as traveling out of town for Thankgiving and all that goes with it, but all I can do is my best. :goodvibes

OK, also missing is Kelton, Melanie and Annie Fannie, come on back guys and post with us, we miss you lots and lots. :hug:

OK everyone take care and I will talk to you when we get back next week. Have a wonderful holiday. :thanks2:

losinitin07
11-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Well I survived Turkey Day actually lost 1 pound although I ate like there was no tomorrow. It snowed and we had freezing rain so we stayed put for the day. I hope every one had a great Turkey Day.

CJ
11-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone! Hope ya all had a great Thanksgiving - we did here but sure am glad it's all over! I had 2 of my sons and daughter-in-law staying with us which of course was wonderful. We were on the go all the time. Had Thanksgiving dinner at very good friends of ours (Carley's mom and dad) ... I did pretty good as far as eating went but ... had too much wine and "jello shots" so never did have pie! None of us did ... what a bunch! So we all got together again on Saturday and went to my daughter's house in Traverse ... it was another Thanksgiving feast and this time we had the pies! LOL ........ Went to the Casino last nite and had a pretty good nite I have to say .. at first I was not doing so well - was actually down between Dick and I about $300 !!! -- then I hit a $400 jackpot - not once, not twice but 3 times! Then another one for $300 ... so the nite was good and we came home in good standings!

Sharon:
How wonderful that you were able to have the whole family all together for your Michigan visit! I think that is so great! Especially for Papa to be able to see the greats! How nice that Allan is now home from Korea. Yes, it has been a great year for you! To answer your questions about "am I ready for Xmas" ... well, let's put it this way. I'm not ready like I usually am .. all my shopping actually is not done - yes, you heard me right - not done. I am cutting back this year so a lot of my grown up kids are getting checks or gift cards - I do have my shopping done for the grandkids tho. My cards are not ready yet either and I will be getting my decorations up this week! And, I have 3 lg afghans that I am working on - hopefully they will be ready in time - lol.

Rena:
Well, did you have a fun day on your computer? I love days like that sometimes. It is cold here also and we had snow for Thanksgiving. Hey, great job on losing that 1 lb! Every little bit helps!

Dallas:
I think Christmas will be a test for all of us. I too have some functions that I know will be hard to control myself also but I decided that I am going to eat as sensible as possible until after the holidays and then I am going to really crack down and follow the Curves protein diet faithfully! Of course I will still be going to Curves and doing my walking at the Sportsplex! In fact, I missed both over the Thanksgiving weekend and I really missed them! I'll be on my way to both as soon as I am done with this post.

Well I have to go get ready so I can get to Curves, do my walking, and make my hair appt on time. Hard to believe that in one more week we'll be starting a new thread for December!

All those missing in action - come back and post - we miss you!

Talk to you all later .. have a great day!

Love, CJ

losinitin07
11-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Hello all see we all survived Thanksgiving , hard to believe Christmas is right around the corner we have our :tree: up and :gift2:wrapped and decorations all up .(I shop all year and then wrap when the tree goes up because a lot of our relatives live 130 miles south of us so this is my easy way to keep track of all those gifts lol wrapped :present:and under the tree)I love this time of year don't care so much for the snow and cold. Hope you all have a great day .

girlontheloose66
11-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Hello everyone:

Glad you all had a good Thanksgiving. I have been getting to the gym on a fairly regular basis and I am feeling it. Some sore muscles and a few aches but so far no weight loss. I certainly hope that I see some results soon. It is very frustrating to step on the scales and see that I am up agian. I think that I may just stay away from it and just wait to get measured again in a couple weeks when I see the trainer again.

It does seem that my clothes are fitting a bit better but it is so hard to tell. I wore my clothes tight.( did not want to buy new ones)I would have to lose quite a few pounds for them to be loose but would be nice to put on something that was very tight and find that it fit again!!!

When exactly is Thanksgiving in the US? It seems to me that you just get over one big holiday when you are hit with another one. Too many good foods to cheat with.

As for Christmas I have only one real gift for my sons. Only one of them. The other one is a mystery as to what to get for him. He is only interested in video games and that is very frustrating for me. Neither of my kids are involved in sports of any type and it bothers me that they do nothing for physical activity. I know first hand how hard it is to lead a healthy lifestyle. I cannot stress it enough to them but they are invincible. They do not know that the decisions that they make today will affect them long time in the future.

so until next time. I am off to the gym again tomorrow.

losinitin07
11-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Hi Girlontheloose66 Our Thanksgiving was Thursday the 20th last Thursday. Yes we do get hit twice .I just noticed that you and I are some what neighbors I'm over in Maine. I know you are a wee bit aways , I know how you feel I exercised for 3 months straight & watched what I ate and my scale would go up some times by 5-7 pounds a day very frustrating hang in there it will happen for ya.
Hello to every one else .Have a great day

girlontheloose66
11-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Hello again everyone:

Yes losinitin07 we are sort of neighbors. Maine is only a short trip away....sort of short anyway. I have been to your state on a trip from Ontario, to Nova scotia. When we moved from Ontario we drove through New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, crossing back into Canada at Calais Maine. I don't remember much about it but it seems to me that it was very much like our Atlantic Provinces.

I went to the gym again today. It was a hard work out for me. I had to push myself every step of the way. I know that it will eventually show on the scale but for now I dread looking at the thing. I have not lost an ounce!!!! Yet I dont eat as much and I am exercising more than I have in years!!!! There has to be a time when it will show. I feel much better and I think that there are changes happening in my body. I think things are firming up some. Thank goodness for that. I am tired of seeing things jiggle about.

No gym tomorrow. My boyfriend has an appointment out of town. I will drop him off (he does not drive) and I will spend it with a friend. We do this every Thursday. But by Friday I will be wanting to get back to the gym.

I have been following "The Biggest Loser" I wonder how the heck they manage to lose such tremendous amount of weight. I think I need to go to fat camp ......

Until next time. Keep up the fight.

losinitin07
11-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Good morning all kinda quiet here I'm sure every one is busy it is a busy time of year. Just stopping by to say hi to all.Have a great day.

Girlontheloose66 keep going you are doing awesome,I thought about going to the gym notice I said thought,I have not been good at the exercise part a little slack in that area. I'll get back on track soon.I hope you have a good day at the gym. It is snowing here this morning suppose to get 3 inches yuck , snow makes want to say #$%^&^% words I shouldn't say I hate driving in it. Oh well soring will be here soon lol. Have a great day.
Rena