WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for November

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for November

Tina
11-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Hello everyone,
For new people reading this---We are a fantastic, fabulous group who follow WW and weigh-in on Thursdays. Well, some of us don't weigh on Thursdays anymore---but no one is left behind.
We try to solve all the problems of the world. You will have fun here as well as get all the support, advice and love you can stand.
Please come join us. (We also have a photo thread and our monthly weigh-in results thread.)

Well group, I've been out of pocket for a few days. My mother had a "raging urinary infection," as the doctor called it and went to the ER and stayed in the hospital for two nights.
I haven't been able to post like I usually do.
My weight is not moving in the right direction.
I'm back to drinking water and will someday go back to journaling.
Susan, how is your face?
Tammy, I know you are having a good time.
Maureen, how is Canada?
Dori, what's up with you.
Amy, I hope all your children are well and you are still enjoying massages. :)

Let's hear from everyone now. :carrot:
Tina
:flow1:

Tina
11-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, this is disgusting. No one is finding our threads. :(
Hopefully, someone will soon.

Ladybug2680
11-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Tina,

To be honest, things aren't going that well. I haven't been following the plan at all. I'm completely disgusted with myself because I know what I need to do and I don't do it. ARGH!! According to medical standards I'm almost morbidly obese. I don't even like looking in the mirror at myself. I'm tired of my clothes being tight and giving out of breath when I do small activities. I know that I need to get back OP or my weight is just going to continue to rise. I also know that it is only me who can make the decision and do it. With all of my venting, I have decided that today is the day though. I didn't have the best breakfast in the world, but I'm not letting that stop me. I figured I would start with lunch and go from there. I guess today is yesterday's tomorrow. So instead of telling myself tomorrow I'll start, I'm getting a move on right now.

Give me some motivating words and kick me in the rump please. Thanks for reading my vent.

Tina
11-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Dori,
You sound motivated. :kickbutt: There's a kick for good measure. :lol:
We all have times when we're eating the wrong things.
I haven't been OP in weeks. (You can give me a kick now. ;)) We just need to start with the next meal....just like you are doing.

You can do this. I know you can!!!

catluviv
11-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi, and Help
I don't know where to start...
I am 51 years old a widow for almost 3 years, work part time, love life, person who is going to start tops on Wed, I weigh 164lbs and need to drop 14, as I have trouble with my back. I do not exercise or eat right, I want a new start. I was with south beach form a few years ago, but a lot has happened in my life since then, you sound like a great group, I would love to be a part of.
I don't know where to start with ww, where do I get the points to start..how do I count them, Dori since you seem stuck, please help me with information and maby you can do it with me, please do not think I am foolish nor do I not understnd what your battle is as my darling mother weighed over 500 lbs at one point, she had the battle all of her life,(I lost her, my other best friend, 3months before I lost my darling husband) so you see I do understand what being over weight is. I need you..
Love cathy

Tina
11-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi cathy,
You are very welcome here. We're so happy you found us.
WW is a super weight loss plan. You need to go online to their site. You can join online and/or go to a meeting. That's how you get all their information.

You've had a hard time lately. I'm so sorry.
We are all here for you. You can do this!!!!!
Tina

catluviv
11-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Thank you Tina, I will ck out the sight for WW
I will be cking daily for notes from all of you, I am starting TOPS on Wed so the real weight will be posted then as I had to get rid of all of the Halloween treats, :devil:
loving the thought that I am going to meet a lot of new people, as well as taking charge of a new start.
Cathy

auntie
11-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Hi Ya'll,
I hope you are all having a great day. I actually had a good day with my kids at school. Then I went over to Pat's friend and walked her dog (the one that we've watched). She hurt her knee and can't walk very well. I walked a mile. I was pretty impressed with myself. :)

Tina, Aren't you proud of me....... I found us!!! I had to look for the thread.

Dori, don't beat yourself up. Everyone gets off program at one time or another. So just start with the next meal. It's very hard!!!!!!

Tammy, How are you doing? How's Bob?

Cathy, welcome to the group! We have a very supportive group. We are glad you found us.

Tina
11-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Wow, Susan---I am proud of you finding us. :):):)
I'm glad you had a good day. Wow, I need a friend's dog to walk, too. :lol:

Tammy, where are you?????

:)

Tina
11-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh, everyone go up to our photo thread.
Dori posted her picture.

Dori, you look great!!!!!

Ladybug2680
11-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Thank you Tina. I'm always a little nervous about posting pics, but ya'll are such a great group of ladies that I wasn't worried about negative comments. :)

catluviv
11-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Morning all,
Time for a shower and then off to Dr. appt. So glad to read your posts, getting the hang of this again,
must ck out the tracker threads, i do want to have a tracker on my post.
Well all for now as a busy day ahead,
Love Cathy
When I have more time I am going to ck the pictures...:dizzy:

Tina
11-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Good morning all,
It's a new day. The sun is out and it's time to celebrate life. (Did that sound too corney?) :)
Cathy, I hope your dr. appt. goes well. That's not my favorite thing to do.
Dori, I'm so glad you posted your photo.
Susan, are you baking things to take with you for Thanksgiving? Oh, I guess not since you'll by flying. Oops!

Tammy, I hope you got some rest after your weekend. Post when you feel like it. Let us know about Bob's dr. appt.

Maureen, how is Canada?

catluviv
11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
wondering if tracker has been added.

catluviv
11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
now to get some ornaments added...

catluviv
11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
I have some warts between my toes that we have been trying to get rid of since march... just don't want to seem to go away, it really hurts for the day that we treat them, this is a weekly thing for me, but I thank God this is my only problem...
All for now, trying to see those pictures???
Cathy

maureen kempster
11-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone-I know I say this all the time but I'm back-I finally quit my parttime job and my full time job is going great-I just went to a ww mtg tonight-I haven't been to one for yrs and now I'm going to get serious-I have more time now for myself so I'm going to do something about me. I booked my tickets for Ottawa today-I'm going on Dec 20th and coming back dec 31st-It will be the first time ever i won't be spending Christmas with my sons, but guess what-they're grown ups and they can do their own thing for a change. Does that sound like I'm a terrible mother? Well, Ian's 29 and James is 25 so I think they should be able to handle it. My oldest-Lee lives in Calgary and can't make it up to edmonton for Christmas anyway. I want to spend Christmas with my Mom(she's 79 and has alzheimers) and I don't know how many more she'll be around for.
Anyway-hello to all the regulars here and hi to all the new comers. Like everyone says, this is a great group. Sorry for being off the boards so long but I have more time now so I'll try and get here more often

maureen

Tammy
11-07-2007, 03:30 AM
Hello to everyone!! I am still exhausted after my weekend at the Emmaus Walk, but I am soooooooooooooo glad that I was called to fill in at the last minute. We knew that God was in the House, that's for sure!!! I went to bed early on Sunday, and I slept most of the day Monday. The chiro appt. and water aerobics felt great.

Bob had an appt. with the liver doctors yesterday. His blood tests were all good, not great, but good. The liver isn't getting worse, so that was great news. He goes for an upper endoscopy next Wednesday. He has been having problems swallowing, so they'll see what the problem is and hopefully fix it.

We met Tim and his new friend halfway last night for supper. The main reason for meeting though was to take him some warm clothing!! He hasn't been home for a while, so he didn't have anything at school. He is now ready for winter!!

I'm working at the soup kitchen this morning. I have cramps, and I'd rather just sleep all day. lol Kramer got me up at 3;00, so I thought I'd check what's happening around here.

Welcome to any new people!!!

Maureen, I need to get back into a real strict groove also. I still have that 1 stupid pound to lose by Nov. 19. Just a date that I chose out of nowhere. Just can't seem to get it off. I tried watching this weekend, and I really don't think I did too bad. I managed to stay out of the candy bowl that was at our table in the conference room.

And Maureen, I think you are doing the right thing to go spend time with your mom. I lost my mother 10 years ago Dec. 20. My dad will be gone 10 years next summer. I'd give anything to have more time with them.

I need to go back to bed!!!

maureen kempster
11-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Good morning-(2 days in a row!!)just a quick note before I head off to work-my 1st day back on program in a long time and I'm going to journalize. Does anyone else have the same problem? I'm good all day then I get home and I feel like all I want to do is snack. I'm going to have to work on that and maybe get a hobby now that I have all this free time
have a super day

maureen

Tina
11-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Good morning to everyone!
:cp: Maureen, you're back :dance:
I have so missed you. I agree with Tammy that you should be with your mother this Christmas. (My mother is in declining health. She has dementia which is getting worse all the time.) Your sons will miss you. Maybe that will be good for them? :)
About snacking at night. Be sure you have healthy things in the house. That's so important. Get healthy chips; those Special K protein bars are good; baby carrots; and I live on diet drinks. Oh, sugar free ice cream hits the spot, too. WW has some good frozen snacks.

Tammy, I'm so glad Bob's liver isn't worse. Didn't he have trouble swallowing when he was in the hospital? I hope they figure that out.

Cathy, I hope your Tops meeting goes well. I'm sorry about those warts on your feet. Ouch!

Dori, how are you doing today?

Susan, is your face all well now?

I've got that nagging sore throat back again. If I could just relax and rest......that's the story of my life now that Mother is getting worse. I never can relax. I am eating OP today!!!!! That's positive!!! :)

catluviv
11-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Weiged in this morning at 165.75 so I will change my tracker...Meeting was as much fun as I remember it. Started with a great day. Stay with it.
Love Cathy

catluviv
11-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Went for a 45 min walk, yes

catluviv
11-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Going to play radio bingo tonight

catluviv
11-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Trying to get 10 post so I can put new tracker in...

catluviv
11-07-2007, 04:52 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/holiday/img/bar-xmasholly/goldstar2/lb/166/150/166/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)
Hope this works....

Tina
11-07-2007, 09:48 PM
I got an e-mail from Mimi. (Some of you will remember her.) She said to tell everyone hello. She's back on WW and is trying to find another job, as they are cutting back on everyone's hours.

I did great OP until this evening. David came over and asked if we could have pizza. Now, that part was fine. I had two slices of the thin crust, veggie lovers. But then, I had some of their dessert breadsticks. :o They were soooo good. I will just have to count flex points for those.

Cathy, I like your new tracker. Wow, walking 45 minutes today is great!

Tammy, did you sleep the rest of the day?
Maureen, I'm so glad you are back with us. What kind of snack did you have tonight. :)
Susan, how are you doing???
Dori, what's up with you today?

auntie
11-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing good.

I went bowling after school with a bunch of Deaf Ed people. It was fun and I'm a REAL lousy bowler. Pat called and said his friend had an allergic reaction to the flu shot and was in the hospital. He was going there to take care of things.

Now I'm home. Last night I taught my sign language class.

YEA MAUREEN IS BACK!!!! I know you will miss Christmas with your kids but your mother will enjoy being with you.

Tina, tell Mimi to start posting again. We miss her!!!!! Hope you feel better.

Tammy, how cold is cold?

Cathy, like the tracker.

Dori, hang in there, you will get back on track.

Tina
11-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Good morning,
Be sure to post your weigh-in results on that thread. ;)

Susan, I hope Pat's friend is better. Larry got his flu shot yesterday. I'll have to check on him today and see if he had any reaction. Last year, I had fever but nothing this time.
Bowling, I haven't done that in years. I'm sure I'd be quite a sight. I wonder how many calories are used for bowling. :lol:

Maureen, how was your first day back OP?

Tammy, how cold is it there? It was down to 59 here this morning. Brrr.. for us.
Cathy do you plan menus for your day?

Dori, you are quiet.

catluviv
11-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Morning all,:D
Just got back from an hour of walking...
No Tina, I do not "Yet" plan my meals, I think that would be better for me, as I like to know what I am doing...
Such as I lay my clothes out at night,make notes, etc
Staying with system so far,I will walk every day, if I miss I stop...:(
I got dressed had breakfast, then went, I work the night shift so I knew I had to do it early.
Well all of you keep with it:hug:
Love Cathy

catluviv
11-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Morning all,:D
Just got back from an hour of walking...
No Tina, I do not "Yet" plan my meals, I think that would be better for me, as I like to know what I am doing...
Such as I lay my clothes out at night,make notes, etc
Staying with system so far,I will walk every day, if I miss I stop...:(
I got dressed had breakfast, then went, I work the night shift so I knew I had to do it early.
Well all of you keep with it:hug:
Love Cathy
It will not be easy,
It will be worth it!

Ladybug2680
11-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Ladies, I'm finding it so hard to start back up. I just down and out I supposed. A lot of stuff going on and trying to deal with it. *sigh* Today is weigh in and I don't want to go because I know I have gained.

Tammy
11-09-2007, 05:33 AM
Dori, every now and then I decided that I'm never weighing again. This is one of those weeks, so I can relate!! I'm having a tough time also, and I really don't know why. I hope that whatever is going on in your life will be resolved soon, and maybe we'll both be back OP soon!!

Meeting friends for lunch today. Maybe that's part of my problem. I met a couple retired friends yesterday, then more today, and tomorrow I'm meeting my best friends. Not sure if we are doing lunch tomorrow or just getting together for coffee/diet pepsi and to chat.

Hope everyone is doing better than I am by staying OP!!!

catluviv
11-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Good day everyone, just got back from an hour of walking, remember I am still pumped as this is my first week...Dori, Tammy, remember YOUR first week? How pumped you were, that you were going to do this no matter what? How happy you were that you made this choice??
This can be your first day again, just start again, let today be your first day,
you can do it, you have done it, starting is always the hardest...
just think of your weight as your starting weight...today.
Even 1 pound lost next week is 1 pound, think of it as the size of a pound of butter??That is a lot, 5 pounds think of it as the size of a loaf of bread, you can do it, just get YOURwant back,
Love and you can do it, Cathy

Tina
11-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Cathy, I love your take on things. It puts things into perspective. :) :) :)

It's been a beautiful day. Be proud of me----I drank 8 glasses of water!

Tammy
11-10-2007, 04:53 AM
Cathy, I like what you said. Now I just have to put it into action!!

Tina, good for you for drinking that water!!!! Woo hoo!! How is your mother doing?

Heading to the church bazaar this morning, then on to the mall where my nephew works for Dell. We're buying a laptop for when we head south the end of January.

Tina
11-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Happy Saturday :carrot::carrot::carrot:
I hope everyone has a great day.

Tammy, what a great thing, buying a laptop. Larry wants one. Can we share?! :lol:

My mother---it's so sad now. Her dementia is so much worse since her visit to the hospital last week. She does not dress herself. She doesn't even realize when it's time to go eat, or to the bathroom. In fact, she hasn't left her apartment (in assisted living place) since she's been back. Fortunately, the nice people bring her food.
I do not know how much longer they will allow her to do this. We might have to move her to a nursing home.
I am really stressed out over this!

Susan, how are your parents?
Amy, where are you?
Maureen, how was your week OP?
Dori, you can do this!
Cathy, keep up that walking.

Okay, everyone do at least one OP thing today. I plan on drinking another 8 glasses of water.

Tammy
11-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Tina, I'd be glad to share!! We are getting a thing to plug our desktop computer into, and then we will be able to use the laptop with internet anywhere in the house. Tim will be able to use his when he comes home too. He'll like that.

It was great seeing my nephew. He and Tim were so close growing up, and I miss having him around since they are both growing up.

Tina, I can understand your stress about your mother! I'll keep praying for you and your family. My cousins had to make the decision to move their mother to a nursing home last summer. It was the best decision for all of them. They aren't being run ragged, and my aunt honestly likes the place. She doesn't talk hardly at all anymore, but she smiles when she sees any of us or any of the other residents. I'm not sure how old she is. I'd say late 70's.

My OP thing for today was walking. Besides walking at the mall, I also walked later in the afternoon. Got plenty of steps in today.

auntie
11-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi,

Hope everyone has had a great day. I got home last night and Pat had an IPhone for me. He knew I wanted one but I wasnt' expecting it. I'm SO spoiled:)

Tina, I can only imagine how stressed you are. I know it's hard to see your mother struggle. It's nice of the assisted living people to go the extra steps to make sure that she has food.

Tammy, I have a wireless computer that I can use around the house. I love it.

Tina
11-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Ya'll are the best!!! :)
Thank you for caring about me and my family. I appreciate your prayers so much. My sister and I are having such a hard time with all of this.

Tammy, thanks for sharing your laptop. :lol:
Susan, WOW, Pat is the best! Tell us all about the IPhone.

I didn't get in all 8 glasses of water today. However, I did drink 6!

auntie
11-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi,

Tina, Of course you and your sister are having a hard time with it all. It's hard to see your parents aging and becoming more and more like children. You've had a lot to do and do a lot for her. I would think something was wrong if it didn't bother you. Hang in there! You know I'm always here.

Tammy, How are you doing? You are going to laugh when I tell you that I was going through magazines and found that article I was telling you about a long time ago. It's talking about Fibromayalga. Maybe someday I'll get it in the mail.

My phone is like a little computer basically. I can go on the internet and everything. It takes the place of an IPod, and PDA. It's all in one. It's just one more thing to play with. The best part is that I switched from Sprint to AT&T. My whole family is on it now. Amy and I just switched this past week. I figured that is who I talk to all the time so we should all be on the same plan and be able to talk for free. Pat doesn't have it but his phone is through his work plus we don't really talk on the phone much.

Tammy
11-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Susan, how cool about the iphone! Tell Pat that you have some wonderful friends that might need one!! As for me, I'm doing ok. My lower back has been bothering me for a couple days, and my left leg is tingly and ankle is a bit swollen. Glad I'm going to the chiro this morning. I'll talk to her about it.
I'm still doing ok being off of the depression meds. I really can't believe that I've done as well as I have with all that has gone on the past few months. LOL to the magazine article!! I think that phone would confuse me.

Tina, 6 glasses of water is better than most people, so I think it's great! Most of the time I don't get in 8 during a day. Getting in 6 is a good day for me. I need to do better.

I'm repeating my goal. Hit 20 on my tracker by Christmas. I need to keep reminding myself of that. I weighed this morning, and I am up 3 pounds. It's end of TOM, so it's not that. I haven't been journaling, so it's back to that today. I'm not moving the tracker. I'll see what it is on Thursday morning.

Tammy
11-12-2007, 05:35 AM
It's in the 30's again this morning. I don't want to think about winter!!!!!

I forgot to tell you what we're doing this week. Tomorrow we are going to Muncie for Ball State's football game. We are staying overnight there. I don't think Bob is going to the game. It's supposed to be cool, and possibly be a bit rainy. He'll stay at the hotel. After the game we'll get together with Tim for a while. Not sure if his friend will be there too or not. We'll come home Wed. morning, rest for a while, and then head for Dayton. When Bob was at the liver specialist the other day, he told them that he is having trouble swallowing certain foods. Wed. afternoon we go to Dayton for bob to have an out patient procedure to check out his throat to see what is causing the problem. They mentioned having to stretch it to make things better for him. He is getting so disgusted. He made fried chicken the other day, and he wasn't even able to eat one whole thigh because he kept choking. He has been eating lots of soups. I hope this helps!!

Ok. I don't think I have anything else to say right now, except that I am going back to bed. Kramer had me up at 4:30 to go out. I usually feed him about 5, so I stayed up, fed him, let him out a few minutes ago, and now he is back in his bed, so I guess I can go back to mine.

catluviv
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Good morning to all,
I had an interesting weekend, went to town(with the roads the way they were I should have stayed Home) to a music circle, it was wonderful then on Sunday to a service for Rememberance day. We had a major snow storm on Sat and lost power till late Sun... Gee I do not like winter....With no TV, I got all of my Christmas presants wrapped, so now I am done.
I did not get out to walk on the weekend, but as soon as I am done here I am going. And I did not drink my 8 glasses of water, so I challange all of you, lets do it! Yes we can!!!!
Well all for now, stay sane as this will drive our children crazy,
Love Cathy

Ladybug2680
11-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Hello ladies. I'm trying to catch up on the post. I will reply when I get the chance.

Ladybug2680
11-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Okay so it seems as though everyone is very busy. Not much happening in these neck of the woods. I have decided that Tuesday will be my official start day. I will follow the program and get back to where I need to be. I know it's going to be a tedious process, but I have to do it before things get worse. I'm not sure if I will continue to go to meetings or if I will just do weigh in at the house. I'm paid up until December 13th so I'll decide closer to that day. Well I must run. I have a faculty meeting to go to. Talk to you all later.

Tina
11-12-2007, 06:31 PM
I wanted to pop in, too.
It's been a crazy, busy day.
I'll catch up later. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. :):):)

Tammy
11-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Cathy, I am not ready for snow, and I am definitely not ready for a power failure! I'm impressed about you wrapping Christmas presents. I really need to write down names and what I'm thinking about getting for people.

Dori, I no longer attend meetings. I have been doing it on my own. It seems like I don't do any better when I attend meetings, so I might as well save the money. Aren't faculty meetings fun??? I do not miss those at all. Retirement is wonderful!!

Hi Tina! Hope your crazy, busy day wasn't too bad.

Water aerobics was a hoot tonight! We have two men in the class, and they are hilarious! It has always been fun, but these two guys make it even more so.

tink77
11-12-2007, 09:03 PM
My weigh-in day/meeting day is on Tuesday. Is it ok if I join you all anyway, or is there a Tuesday chatters thread? I am so off track, I can't seem to get myself back in the right direction with my WW program even though I am still going to Meetings. I thought maybe if I started coming here, it would encourage me to try harder. With the Holidays right around the corner, it's going to be even tougher. I wonder if I'll even be able to "get" back on track right now, but I really do not want to wait til Jan or Feb. I feel like I really need this "now". Thanks for listening. :)
~tink :)

tink77
11-12-2007, 09:14 PM
I just saw the Tuesday weigh-in thread. Oops! :eek:

auntie
11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi All,

Had a good day at school. ALL of my kids were good. :)

Pat is a good guy. He always says "I'm the most spoiled woman on the planet." I remind him "he made me that way." He says I came that way, guess Daddy started me off that way.

I've not been great about drinking my water either. I need to focus on that.

catluviv
11-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Hi All,
weigh in is tomorrow. I must say:"I ate better, walked, drank water and had only "2" gum drops all week:D
Well if I don't loose any weight, I know I had a better week.
Will check back tomorrow after the meeting.
You all take care, and try your best for "You".
Love CAthy

Tina
11-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi,
I've been so busy. But, I'm OP and hoping for a loss tomorrow.

Cathy, how was your weigh-in today? Be sure to post on that thread.

Maureen, you've been so quiet for a couple of days. I miss you. What's up??

Susan, Pat really fixed you up with that IPhone.

Tammy, how was Bob's appointment about his throat? How is Tim doing?

Our weather has been warm again. But, it should get down into the 40's tomorrow night. We might have a cool Thanksgiving.

Is everyone cooking turkey this year? I have a little Butterball breast for us. We all go to my sister's where her husband fixes a big bird. :D
I'm going to stay OP. I had an appt. with my gyn today and told him that I planned on losing 7 pounds. He thought that was a wise amount.
So, I'm ready to do it!!!!!

catluviv
11-14-2007, 10:40 PM
ya, I lost 3 and3/4 pounds...feeling great, now to loose next week, will tell you more tomorrow, I had a crazy day. I left the house at 8:30am returned at 11pm, early day tomorrow, and another long one, so all for now,
Love Cathy

Tina
11-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Cathy, that is a great loss!!!!! Congratulations!
Be sure to post on the Thursday Weigh-In Results thread, too. :)

auntie
11-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing well.

My doctor's appointment was good. She is changing my thyroid medicine and also put me on iron. She is decreasing the Lexapro too. So maybe I'll start having some energy soon.

Off to San Antonio tomorrow. So it might be a day or so before I write again.

Tina
11-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Susan, I didn't realize tomorrow was your day to go. My goodness, time is flying by. I'm glad you are getting different meds, plus iron. That should help you.
Have a great time.

Tina
11-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Greetings!
It's Friday and that means it's time to head to the grocery stores, with everyone else, to buy that turkey and everything else. :)

If you look at my tracker, you'll see that my fish has moved one! I just had to weigh this morning. I'm so proud. :D

Dori and Maureen, y'all have been quiet for a few days. What's up?
Tammy, are you rested up? Have you been to your water areobics lately?
Susan, is probably on her way to SA. I know she'll have fun there.

Tammy
11-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Susan, being spoiled sounds nice! I'm sure you'll feel better once the medicine gets straightened out.

Tim and his new friend are leaving after his noon class today to go visit her mother. It's about a 2 hour drive.

We're going to my aunt's for Thanksgiving. SHe's doing a turkey breast, and she's also having fried chicken for those who like it better. I just hope Bob can find something to eat without choking. I'm making my regulars: green bean casserole, deviled eggs, and taking rolls.

Cathy, awesome loss!

Tina, this week hasn't been a good one. Tuesday with the football game that night, and Wednesday with Bob going in for that procedure, really wore me out. It is colder, and we've had rain and some snow. Not good for the arthritis and fibro. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday sleeping. I was up early this morning, and then I went back to bed. Bob isn't sleeping at night again, but I think it's because he is sleeping during the day more.

I need to focus on me. I get started, and then I fall apart. I don't like it.

I think I might jump in the shower and just go away for a while. There's a Christian book store that opened near here over the summer. I haven't been there, so maybe today will be a good day for it. If I stay home, I know I'm going to be in bed again.

catluviv
11-17-2007, 08:57 AM
Morning all,
Just thought I would drop a note to say I am still here, I have been having some troubles with this week...came home on Thursday to the corner of my house broken where someone ran into it, no one has clamed the accident? So now it is going to cost around $1500.00 DOLLARS TO FIX IT.
Eating different and feeling good about this.
Well to all of you, stay with it, you can do it, Yes you can...
Love Cathy

Tina
11-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi,
Cathy, that's horrible about your house. What will you have done to it? I'm so sorry. It's not a good time of year to have to spend money.
(I know because we just had to spend money for a new water heater.)
I am glad you are eating right.
Keep us informed.

Dori and Maureen, please sign in. :lol:

Tammy, I'm sorry it's been a bad week. But, you are very strong and can get through all this!

I gave in and ate Chinese for lunch today. Only used 4 pts. for breakfast so maybe I'll be okay for the day---after homemade hamburgers tonight.

Tammy
11-18-2007, 05:31 AM
Cathy, how awful about the house! I hope someone comes forward and admits to doing it.

Tina, yesterday was a mixed day. I seemed to be pretty up for a while, and then i took a nosedive, and then I was up again. I really don't care for roller coasters!!

Yum! Chinese!! And hamburgers too! That's what we had for supper last night.

Not sure what all today will bring. Church later this morning for sure. I also want to go through some more things to take to Goodwill and the consignment shop. When I was going through Tim's clothes to take warmer clothes to school for him, there were so many things that I know he can't wear. I think I'll clean out some things before he comes home this week. He'll never miss some of the stuff I'm sure!

Tina
11-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi all,
Tammy, that's good that you can get rid of Tim's stuff. I know David has a ton of stuff in his closet, at his apartment--because I've seen it. Once I mentioned him bringing some things over and I'd donate them. They are too small or worn. Maybe I'll ask again. :)
Cathy, any word on your house mangler?
Susan, are you having fun?
Maureen, how are you doing?
Dori, I'd like you to post. You can lose the weight. We are here for everyone.
We had more Chinese food after church today. Today we went to a buffet. I stayed away from all the fried things. Boy, I was good. Now I'm thirsty.

Tammy
11-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Well, I ended up not working in Tim's room. It was a down in the dumps day, so I just kind of sat and laid around. I hope today is better. I am going to go take a shower and go away for a while. I still haven't made it to the new Christian book store about 25 minutes from here. I think it's time. I also need to finish buying what I'm taking for Thanksgiving dinners.

Tina, I hope David will bring you things to donate. It will give him so much more room! I keep telling Tim that and I think it is finally sinking in. lol

Wed. we are going to my brother's house about 6:30. My nephew doesn't have to work, so he and Tim will be able to spend time together for the first time since last spring. My other brother won't be there because they'll be headed to Cleveland to his MIL. That brother and wife will have a dinner on Sunday at their house for those of us who can make it. If we go, Bob can't go because they have cats. I don't know what an allergic reaction would do to him at this point since he is so weak. We've been there before for things, but we usually have to leave after about 30 minutes.

It's too bad that we can't all get together at the same time. I tried to get something organized the beginning of November, but they are just getting back to me on things. I won't even bother for Christmas.

Hope everyone has a good week.

catluviv
11-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi all,
No word on the house, I called some contractors today...think I am going to try to mend it myself???? One contractor told me how to put a new corner unit on it, I will ask a local handy man if he thinks it can be done?
Havn't done as good this week as last with walking etc, but will get back at it.
Well all for now,
Stay with it, even if it is in little bits, going for a glass of water,
Love Cathy

Tina
11-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Evening,
Tammy, I'm sorry you were down yesterday. I hope that today you went to that bookstore.

Well, I've been bra shopping. Mainly, I've been trying to find one. It used to be easier. I do not like the underwire ones. I've always been told they were not safe. Anyway, they don't feel good on me. That's mainly what everyone sells. I did come home with a bra that cost $32.00. Wow! I've never spent that much. But, I found something that fit. Does anyone else have this trouble?

Cathy, I'm so sorry you have to mess with all that.

Dori, how are you doing?????
Maureen, I miss you.

auntie
11-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Hi,
Back from San Antonio. It was a fast trip. I enjoyed myself but it is hard seeing my folks getting older and having difficulty getting around. We talked (with my siblings) and decided that next year we should have dinner at someone elses house so mom and dad don't feel the need to try to do everything.

I have to work today and tomorrow. All other districts are out. Lucky us!!!

Cathy, that is horrible about your house. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Tina, I hate underwire too!!! It's hard to find bras without them these days. I don't like shopping for them either. Wow on your hot water heater!!! No fun!

Tammy, I'm sorry that you had a tough day yesterday. Wish we were closer so we could come cheer you up. :)

Better head to bed... it's a school night! Boo!

Tina
11-20-2007, 04:53 PM
How is everyone doing?
I've made the fresh cranberry sauce and baked the cornbread for the dressing. I have a small Butterball breast ready to cook in the morning. Later I think I'll make my low fat pumpkin pie. Boy, I'm making myself hungry! :lol:

Susan, welcome back home. I know you had a good time.
Boo to having to work.
Tammy, how are you feeling today?
Dori, where are you?
Maureen, I wish you were here to share our Thanksgiving dinner.
Cathy, you, too. :)

Tammy
11-21-2007, 06:40 AM
Cathy, I hope all ends up ok with your house. I like what you said about staying with it even with little bits. I need to keep that in mind.

Tina, on Monday I went to a store that I had a 40% coupon for. It's called Avenue. I had never heard of it, and after being there, I will go back! It's larger sizes, and I was very impressed. I bought a maroon corduroy blazer, a pink sweater, and a blue sweater. Everything was on sale, so that made it better. After I left there, I went to the Christian bookstore. Nice place!!! My back was hurting, so I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked, but I know that I'll go back there also.

Yesterday I went to a Christian bookstore close to where my chiropractor is. My pastor was there, so it was an enjoyable time. He is so funny! He had the employees in stitches!

I'm feeling better. I know that restarting the medicine really hasn't kicked in yet, but I think making the decision to restart it has taken off some pressure. Also, Tim came home yesterday afternoon, and he'll be home until Sunday.

Susan, glad to have you back! Isn't that the pits when you have to work and others are out? That used to bug me.

Bras. Yuck! I have problems finding one that I like. I don't like the underwire either. I heard about Curvation bras by Queen Latifah. I bought one, and I'll be giving it a try. No underwire!!

Tina, you were busy getting things done for your Thanksgiving. I made the broc/caul salad last night to take to my brother's house tonight. Today I'll make a gazillion deviled eggs for tonight and tomorrow. Also have to make green bean casserole for tonight, then tomorrow morning I'll make it again to take to my aunt's house.

My laptop came on Monday! Tim hooked up the wireless router last night so he was in his bedroom "chatting" with Lauren. I was on the desktop, and I went on there and started chatting with him from the back of the house. He thinks I'm weird. Imagine that!!! He had hooked up AIM for me so we could chat when he's at school. I guess he'll have to put that on my laptop now so I can chat when we're in GA.

Ball State's football team is bowl eligible. If they win on Saturday, it's probably a sure thing that they'll be going to a bowl game over their Christmas break. One of the bowls mentioned was the Armed Forces Bowl in Texas! I told Tim that I have friends in Texas, so I think I should just hop a bus with the band and go. He rolled his eyes at me.

Bob and I are meeting with our insurance guy today about life insurance. Several years ago we switched companies, and I went with a term life policy. The 5 years are up in January, so I need to make a decision about what to do next. At that time, i was told that I couldn't get a permanent life policy because of my weight. Looking back, I should have checked with other companies, but this was who our home and car plans are with. Anyway, I am now down 40+ pounds, but I am still not where their company wants me to be weight-wise. So frustrating! We've been with State Farm since before we got married, so that's 26+ years. Doesn't that count for something? I checked AARP, and they have a policy that I plan to do if State Farm won't work with us today.

Kramer is back in bed, and the guys are still in bed, so I think I'll grab the afghan and take a nap on the couch.

By the way, my chiropractor asked me yesterday what was going on in my life. She said that I hadn't been that tense since Bob was in the hospital. I guess it's not all in my mind.

Have a great day, and Have a Happy Thanksgiving if I don't get back on here!!

catluviv
11-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Morning to all,
How is everyone doing? I weigh in today, didn't do as well this week as I did last week....next week, ya
Well I will ck in later have a great day,
Love Cathy

Tina
11-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Everyone have a wonderful day tomorrow!!!
:thanks1:

auntie
11-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Ditto!!!

catluviv
11-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Well I lost 1/2 lb... better than gaining a pound, will do better this week.
Have a water glass of happiness and stay with it, oh yes, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you that have a turkey on the table today.
Love Cathy

Tina
11-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Hi,
I hope everyone had a good day.
Our time at my sister's was nice. My mother had no idea we were celebrating Thanksgiving. She didn't eat much of her dinner but woofed down her pumpkin pie in record time. :)

I had hot tea and yogurt for supper. I made Larry a grilled cheese sandwich.
It's in the 50's tonight. I don't know how long this will last. This is cold enough for me.
It's good hot chocolate weather, though. :lol:

Tina
11-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Everyone is so quiet. I guess some of us had too much turkey. :lol:
Tammy, what is AIM? Is it like ICQ? I'm so glad your laptop came. I'm sure you and Tim are having fun.

It has rained since last night. The streets were full this morning. It's supposed to do the same tonight. We might have to go to church in the truck tomorrow morning.
Everyone enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Ladybug2680
11-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Hello ladies. It's been hectic around here. I've been off for a week and was hoping to get loads of housework done, but didn't get hardly anything done. I'm still not back OP, but realize that I need to get back on. I told Justin (DH) that I would start back Jan 1. However, why wait until then? We went grocery shopping today and I picked up a lot of things that are point friendly. So I'm thinking that tomorrow will be the day. I'm not sure though, because how many times before have I said that tomorrow will be the day and not start. Perhaps I shouldn't say when I'll start and just do it. Just a couple of nights ago I was down and Justin asked what was wrong. I told him I was tired of being fat and he said, "Dori, I can't do anything, you are the one that has to decide to do something about it and do it." He's exactly right. He will be there to support me though. Something really has to give. If I continue to keep my same eating habits and not do anything about it, my health will suffer in the long run. I want to be healthy and in shape not only for me, but for my kids as well. Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to let you all know what's going on with me. With all of this said. Let my journey begin.

Tina
11-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Dori, I'm sorry you're having a hard time getting back OP.
If you will start by easing back into it gradually, maybe it will be easier. In no time, you will be back completely OP and not even realize it.

Tomorrow----do one thing that is OP. What could that be? eat an extra piece of fruit or a veggie. Walk 10 minutes more than usual-or just walk for 10 minutes. Drink water! Do one thing!
I'm glad you have a husband who will support you. That's important.
Girl, you can do this and we are all with you.
:)

Tammy
11-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Tina, great advice! I need to pay attention to it. One thing that I know I need to stop doing is eating when I'm really not hungry! I've started doing that again.

I am dreading water aerobics tonight. The water has been so cold lately, and I am freezing just sitting here at the house. I'm honestly not sure I'm going tonight. Bob said it wouldn't hurt to miss it. It's raining, it's cold, I have an earache and a sore throat. I could just take some sinus or cold medicine and go to bed and be satisfied with myself.

Tim went back to school last night. I miss him already. He'll be home on Friday with Lauren though. I still want to call her mother just to say hello to her, and let her know we are looking forward to having Lauren here. Tim doesn't think it is necessary, but I still want to do it.

Tina
11-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Tammy, if you have an earache and a sore throat, you do not need to be in the water!!!!!

It's not as cold here today. I don't like cold. We don't have it as cold as some places, though.

Ladybug2680
11-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Well today was going okay until around 11:45 when I got a migraine headache. Overall I did good when it came to eating.

Breakfast
Banana - 2 pts
Tangerine - 1 pt
Cup of Multigrain Cheerios - 2 pts

Total = 5 pts

Lunch
Lemon Pepper Tuna - 3 pts (didn't eat it all, so I'm guessing I ate 2 pts)
String Cheese - 1 pt
Orange - 1 pt
Sugar Free Jello - 0 pts
Biscuit - 5 pts

Total= 10 pts

Lunch
100 Calorie Snack Bag Popcorn = 2 pts
Cranberry Splash Sierra Mist = 3 pts

Total = 5 pts

That's a total of 20. I have 4 left, but I'm not sure I will eat anything due to being sick. *sish* I actually drank almost 60 ozs of water today too.

Tina
11-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Happy Tuesday,
Dori, I'm so sorry you have a migrane. Susan gets those.
Your food list sounded good. I'm curious. What kind of biscuit took 5 points? :o
You really drank your water!!!

Tammy, are you feeling better today? Hope so.
Susan, you must be in the thick of school now.
Maureen, it's time to sign in. :lol:
Cathy, any news on your house repair?

I have good news. After all my gyn visits, I've gotten a clean bill of health. Tomorrow I go for "the dreaded mammogram." If I get the same woman as last year, I think I'll run screaming out of there--before I start screaming when she does it. :dizzy:
Next week, I get my bone scan done. Then, I'm finished until this time next year.
I've got to work on my weight. I have started losing the turkey weight. I don't know if my tracker fish will be moving this week, though.

Ladybug2680
11-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Tina - Glad that things are going well. Hopefully you will get a nice lady who will be a little more gentle when it comes to the mammogram. I'm really not sure the biscuit was that much. I was just guessing and I always seem to guess high. It was a plain biscuit from the school cafeteria. Nothing special on it.

Doh. I forgot to tell you all. I really hadn't been OP, but I jumped on the scales yesterday to get a new starting weight. Low and behold I'm down from 182 to 179.6. Talk about estatic. Yah Man!!!!

Tina
11-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Hi all,
Dori, thanks for the good wishes about me not getting squushed. :lol:
And, that is fantastic about the weight loss!
I got up and just didn't want to exercise today. Bad Tina. :o :D
I will be shopping today and will park far from the places. That should count for something.

This is off weight subject--but---does anyone have Mikasa plates?? I have some Italian Holiday mugs and wanted to get some little plates, in case we have people over. Well, I found out that they stopped making them. Boo :p
I hope to find some online, but not Ebay. I don't trust buying from them.

Okay, where is everyone? :)

Tammy
11-29-2007, 04:36 AM
I'm feeling better, but the ear is still hurting. I did go to the Y last night for class, and it did feel good, especially getting into the whirlpool afterwards.

Tina, congrats on all of the good health results!! I go to my gyn. in the morning, and I know I'll be getting a mammogram soon. I have had such good luck with mammograms with no pain. Did you get lots of good deals on your shopping trip?

I don't having anything Mikasa. Hope you are able to find what you want. I've never ordered things on ebay, but I know several people who do all the time.

Dori, congrats on the loss!!!

We go to the liver specialist later this morning. I'll be glad when we know the results of the biopsy. It is hard trying to stay positive when Bob has decided that it's going to be bad news.

Tammy
11-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Great news!! NO CANCER!!! They had also done some other testing, and it was all negative also!! Woo hoo!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Tina
11-29-2007, 04:57 PM
:congrat: Tammy, I am so so happy for you and Bob. :carrot: :carrot:
Now you can relax and celebrate.
Again, I am so happy!!!

BTW, I made it through my mammogram. It wasn't pleasant, but the lady was very good and very quick. I'm pink in many areas. :o

catluviv
11-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi all, great news all around for you.
Dori, one pound at a time, I know when I weigh in 1/2 pounds make me happy, Tammy..wonderful
No news on the house, now I have to wait until warm weather to fix it as the sidding will be too cold and will break.
I didn't get to weigh in this week as I had to work, so next week will do. I have an infection in my chest so on meds for that, but doing ok...
Well all for now,
Everyone take it one day at a time, and any loss is better than a gain any time, (when it comes to weight )
Love CAthy

Tina
11-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Wow, this is the last day of November! :o
I'm amazed how fast this year is going by.
Well, not many of us posted on the Weigh-In Results thread yesterday. I did not weigh because I knew I had retention. It wouldn't have been a pretty sight. :lol:

Cathy, I'm sorry you're sick. And, it stinks that you can't get your house repaired yet.
How's everyone's day going?????

Tammy
11-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Bob and I are almost giddy still from the news yesterday. lol I went for my yearly checkup today, and I need to call for a mammogram for January.

Tina, glad that your mammo lady was decent this time.

Cathy, hope you are feeling better!! That makes sense to wait until warmer weather for the house. You don't want to do more damage than has already been done to it.

Tim and girlfriend will be here in about an hour. I'm hoping to convince them to put a small tree up on the enclosed porch tonight. Tomorrow they are headed to the Air Force Museum in Dayton, and then to the mall where my nephew works at Dell. Jonathan hasn't met the new friend yet, so I know Tim wants to show her off! lol

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Tina
11-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi,
Tammy, I'm still so happy for you and Bob!!!!! :):):)
I'll bet Tim and his new girl will be happy to put up that tree.
I started mailing out Christmas cards today. I got the first batch out. This is the earliest I've done this. I've also gotten quite a few gifts. Surely all this shopping will help me lose at least a pound. :lol: