WW Clubs and Groups - FAB & FIT 40's and 50's...starting over!!!

Jenny523
11-03-2007, 12:01 PM
HI :wave: Terri, Es, Dianne, Zoe, Susan, Sandy, hope you find this.

I figured that since we were moved, I'd begin a new thread.

How's everyone doing? I've had a challenging week, to say the least,
but it was fun ;)

Hope you're all enjoying a great weekend. It's quite cool here, with temps in the 30's..very seasonal, what with Thanksgiving right around the corner :eek:

have a great Saturday,
~Jen

dpadro
11-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi Jen -

I'm doing good - lost 1 lb. my first week after re-joining ww. At first I was a bit disappointed because I usually lose more the first week, but then I realized that it really isn't my first week. I started fresh Mid September on my own with tracking, etc. so I've actually lost 5 1/2 lbs. So I felt better when I thought of it that way, lol!. After ww, I went straight to the gym and walked 3 miles.

Alana's coming over to hang with her parents tonight because Sal is going to a football game with his dad. We haven't spent time alone with her in a long time, so it will be fun. I hope she's bringing Poppins with her.

How is everyone doing? Its a bit chilly here in NY, very windy, but it finally feels like Fall. I like it.

Hi to Es, Terri, ZoeGirl, Ruthie, Sandy & Susan :wave:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

Sandancy
11-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

I found our new location, YAY!

I am currently struggling with trying to get back on to WW. Other things have taken precedence since we have had so many health issues in the family. I just don't quite have the motivation to do it yet.

Mike's mom went through her radiation treatments with very few side effects. She will still need some more surgery right after Thanksgiving to clean up the margins. My mom is currently in the second week out of 5 weeks of radiation and is beginning to feel the side effects since they are radiating her entire abdominal area. They both have great attitudes and lots of family support. I have been staying over at my mom's a couple of nights per week.

I am trying to exercise regularly by walking since I can't seem to get the discipline to follow either flex or core at the moment. I want to start visiting with you all more often as eventually putting WW back on the front burner works by focusing with all of my buddies here.

I hope everyone has been having a good fall. Jen and Diane, great going on being on track yet again! It sure is a life time project!

Hugs,:hug:Sandy

Jenny523
11-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Good going, Diane! Walking really helps. Hope you had a good visit with Alana. How are the newlyweds doing?

Sandy, it's good to hear that your Mom and Mother-in-law have such a great support system. It is so important. You'll never regret it spending time with your Mom, but I'm sure you know that.

Well....(hanging head in shame) a gain of 2 pounds two weeks ago, and another 2 this week :rollpin: but what the heck, I had fun! Seriously, it was a downward spiral beginning with Joey and Iliana's Halloween party...then I actually went through the "oh well, I've already blown it" phase...and here I am.
Now I know what I have to do for the upcoming holidays. There's no way I can have my cake and lose weight too! I'm sticking with Core, cause I know well it works for me, but am going to be very careful with how I use my 35 points each week...AND NOT GO OVER!

The kittens, Jack and Max, are doing great. They had their second shots today; got a clean bill of health from the vet. Both of us already love them to pieces. It's so much fun to watch them play and learn. I'm on the laptop now and don't have photos; soon I'll post updated ones.

We're leaving tomorrow morning for Michigan...a visit to the wineries and some small town shops. Joey and Iliana are coming as well. Jess, Michael and the boys will come here to stay from Saturday till Monday so the kittens aren't alone. I've got Monday off for Veterans' Day, so it was fun to plan a long weekend.

have a great weekend. :hello: to Terri, Es, Susan, Zoe
~Jen

Zoe
11-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey you's guys!!! I know, I know, I know.....it's Zoe, the "MIA Queen". As many times as you say we need to stick together, even when we aren't doing well......I just seem to disappear with my head hung in shame.

Today I weigh more than ever. Ok, so I said it out loud now. I started to diet with Greg last Monday - he does Atkin's and I decided to do it with him but only for a week. I would get a "jump start" with that and then move over to my faithful "points" this coming Monday. Well, that Atkin's diet KILLS me....it's just so torturous to me and I just can't make it through even ONE week of it.

So it's points baby, points! :)

Anyway, I am on my way out the door to pick Rylea up for her photo shoot for Fort Worth Child magazine. :D I really AM the proud NeNe. But I'll be back.....

I'm posting a photo of Rylea from Halloween, my little bumble bee.

dpadro
11-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Hey its starting to jump again in here - hooray:carrot:

Hey ZoeGirl: Welcome back! Good luck on starting over. I've never actually tried anything other than ww, so I can't say I know anything about Atkins except I heard its lots and lots of meat??? Anyway, stick with what you know works. Rylea is a doll - I can't believe how big she is - how old is she now?

Sandy - I'm glad to hear your mom and mil have such good attitudes during their illness - I'm sure that helps alot. And having support from their families must mean the world to them right now. Good going on the walking. Sometimes when you have so much on your plate its difficult to stay on track, you know me "life gets in the way sometimes". You'll get back at it in your own time. How are your sons doing?

Jen - Don't worry so much about the weight gain, remember how much you've lost already. I like your attitude of "you had fun", now you just have to move on. You'll be fine. The kittens sound cute, if only they didn't have to grow up to be cats, lololol. Just kidding..... not really:p

Es, amiga - how are you doing? How are David's wedding plans coming? Is it next year or 2009 - I'm having a senior moment.

I lost 1.6 lbs. this week, that made me happy. My total since mid September is 7 lbs. I was hoping for over 1 lb. since I've been doing the gym 3-4 times a week. You know how sometimes the loss doesn't show up until the 2nd week? Well, thankfully it showed up this week. But whatever I get, I'll take it, I'm certainly not going to complain about a lb. I've been doing this long enough to know they'll be times when its just ounces lost, or no loss, or a gain. That's just the way it goes, and I'm not gonna freak out about it. This is for life, so its not a race about how fast I can lose how much. One day at a time.

Hi Terri, Susan & Ruthie :wave:

Well, gotta go, soon be time for church. Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne

Sandancy
11-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Hi again,

So good to see we have an active thread!

Jen and Dianne, thanks for your comments about the family support. It is so true, we can see our moms both appreciate the care they get from all of their kids. I am one of four and Mike is one of seven. I can't quite apply the term "thriving" to either of them, because both cancer and the treatment takes its toll, but I can see that our loving care helps.

Jen, I would love to see pics of the kittens, I bet they are adorable. Hope you are having a great time on your long weekend.

Dianne, Dave my older one moved out this summer, he is in an apartment with 2 roommates close to Boston. He seems to love it so far. Greg is a junior in college this year and he is still acting, but he is now a history major.

Zoe, It is so good to see you back too! Rylea is simply stunning!
I couldn't even consider Atkins, all the meat would be too difficult for me. The only other program I tried is South Beach and it is sort of like WW Core. I actually liked it, but there were a lot of egg breakfasts the first 2 weeks, and I missed fruit a lot.

I find that walking outside with a friend is the best medicine for me, but I am mostly using my treadmill and watching something upbeat on tv to get in some exercise. Right now I am not losing but not gaining either. I can at least be relieved that I am 19 lbs below my top weight, but it means I have 57 lbs to get to goal. I am going to be 55 in December, and I don't know if I will ever get to my ultimate goal. If I even lost 10 lbs by next spring, I would be rather pleased.

Better go for now, Hi to Es and Terri, and anyone I missed.
:grouphug:
Sandy

Jenny523
11-13-2007, 09:43 PM
It was good to see all the posts here.

Zoe, Miss Rylea is tooo cute. Good luck on your weight loss. Don't be a stranger.

Dianne, You're doing well :cp: And I agree about not freaking out. Slow and steady. Keep it up.

Sandy, It will happen. The walking will help. My thoughts are with you all.

We had a really nice weekend in Michigan. It was relaxing and fun.

Joe's mom passed away yesterday. She had been ill for quite a while, in her 80's, diabetic, a blood infection of some type, then kidney failure, in and out of the hospital/nursing home/daughter's home.
Joe is doing okay. He's got 8 brothers and sisters, so this will be a long week, with a 2 day wake, and the funeral on Friday.

My sister Kathie, who recovered from breast cancer a year ago, was hospitalized last week w/pneumonia. The drs. also ordered bone and CAT scans. It turned out that the same strain of cancer has returned, it's now in her lungs. I know how quickly lung cancer kills, but according to the drs., this is not that type. They're prescribing another round of chemotherapy. To be quite honest, I'm very very angry....that she has to go through it all again. I'm so afraid for her.

Hi to Terri, Es, and Susan.
luv,
Jen

Sandancy
11-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Hi Jen,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother-in-law. It sounds as if she was going through a tough time at the end. My sympathies to Joe and the whole family.

I hope and pray for the best for your sister, Kathie. It must seem as if she just finished the treatment and had gone through a huge challenge. To have that awful cancer return at all should not be! IT JUST AIN'T RIGHT!!!
I know when we found out my mom had cancer I was very angry too. She had suffered for the past 8 years from the results of her car accident and I felt she just didn't deserve this too.

My thoughts are with you.
Hugs,
Sandy

Princess1122
11-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Morning all!

Sorry I have been MIA for a while now... I was off track for a few weeks but have been back on for the last two... had a great W/I last weekend... down 4.6. I am hoping for a good one again this weekend although the scale is not moving in the right direction...LOL

I have to catch up on some of the back posts when I have time to see what has been going on... but for now I just wanted to stop by and say hello!

Susan

dpadro
11-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Jen - So sorry to hear about your Mother-in-Law. And your sister kathy- I feel bad for you and the rest of your family. She's had to go through so much already, you're right - it isn't fair. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Hugs,
Dianne

Princess1122
11-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Jen: I am so very sorry to hear about your sister and your MIL... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families.

All the best for some form of peace in the upcoming days and months.

Susan

dpadro
11-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone, happy Saturday.

How is everyone? A bit chilly here in NY, but oh, these trees are absolutely gorgeous! I have to be careful when I'm driving, cause I'm always looking at trees, lol.

Lost 1.4 lbs. this week for a total of 8.5 lbs. I think the walking at the gym is really helping a lot.

I have a party to go to tonight, but I'll be fine, I'll just use some of my weekly allowance points if necessary. Plus, since I start my days with dinner, I always have my full target points available in the evening. That seems to be working for me, strange at first to get used to, but its good.

Well, hope everyone has a great weekend.

Talk to you's soon,

Jen, thinking of you, Joe and family. Take care.

Hugs,
Dianne

Jenny523
11-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Thank you for the well wishes. It's been a long week, and we're grateful to have a day to relax and reflect before going back to work tomorrow.

Joe has 8 brothers and sisters, 35 nieces/nephews...and all of their spouses, as well as 40 or so great-nieces/nephews. The 3 days of services were filled with tears, laughter, and great stories. Joe's doing well.

Congrats to Diane on your loss :cp:

Hi to everyone.
hugs,
Jen

Jenny523
11-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Are we ready for some turkey? ! :turkey: Who's cooking?

I am cooking, but it will be for a (thankfully!) small group...Joe and I, Jess, Michael, Brandon and Matthew. Iliana's brother's bday falls on Thanksgiving, so they'll be there for the day.
It will be a relatively easy day, with no pressure of having "company". I love Thanksgiving dinner, and am looking forward to the hours of cooking, and the traditions we have come to love.
Susan, you had a great loss :cp: good for you! Keep it up.

I'm not doing so well in terms of being OP. Too much eating out/entertaining in the last few weeks. But I'm certain I'll get back on track after the holiday.

HI :wave: Terri, Es, Dianne, Sandy, Zoe, Susan
~Jen

Rios426
11-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi:wave:

I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.:happ3:

Luv u's :grouphug:
Es

dpadro
11-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone:

Jen, enjoy your Thanksgiving. We're going right next door to Darren & Lizette's, Alana & Sal will go to his parent's early afternoon and then join us early evening. All I have to cook is my much loved (lol) maple glazed sweet potatoes and bring a bakery bought dessert, so I'm :carrot:, lol.

On Thanksgiving as always I count my many blessings and you guys are certainly counted!!! Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone! :thanks2:

Hugs,
Dianne

Sandancy
11-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi Everyone, Happy, Happy Thanksgiving!:thanks1:
:hun:
I was up at 7:00 AM making my mom's special stuffing. My boys are both here and we are all bringing the turkey dinner to my mom's. My sister Carol will meet us there with her family. I am bringing the turkey, stuffing, squash, broccoli, and shrimp and stuffed mushrooms. She is bringing mashed potatoes, veggies and dip, and assorted pies.
I for one, am grateful for my treadmill :tread:
We were hoping to have it at my house, but my mom is not feeling up to leaving home (due to her radiation treatments), but we will all be together and that is the most important thing.

I wish everyone a terrific day of turkey and togetherness.

:hug:Sandy

dpadro
11-22-2007, 12:12 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY FRIENDS - ENJOY YOUR DAY WITH YOUR FAMILIES. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!:turkey::thanks2: :thanks1:

Hugs,
Dianne

Jenny523
11-22-2007, 03:06 PM
I am very thankful to have had all of you in my life...
to laugh with, to share tears with,
and to relish all of our special moments.
You are all the best!
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones.
~Jen

dpadro
11-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Hello ladies - how was everyone's Thanksgiving. Hope you enjoyed.

I was literally sick to my stomach and was up from 2:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m., with nausea, etc. I really make myself sick. I think when you're body isn't used to eating so much for a couple of months and then you pig out, cause that's what I did, it rebels, lol. Anyway, I faced a gain of .6 which isn't too bad considering that in addition to pigging out, I did absolutely no exercise this past week. So, in reality, I am grateful for that gain. It could have been much worse. I am committed to 3-4 days of exercise with NO EXCUSES for this week - I wrote it on the back of my tracker and I'm gonna do it!!!

Did anyone go out there yesterday for Black Friday? I went, it wasn't as bad as I thought - I'm done with all the grandchildren and "other children", so I feel like I accomplished alot. My goal is to be done with all gift buying by December 1st, let's see what happens.

Well, enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone. Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
:gift2:

Jenny523
11-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Dianne,
I hope you're feeling better. I can relate. Have been going way overboard the last two weeks, and have felt like crap, basically. We truly are what we eat. At least you had a teeny little gain. I haven't been on the scale in two weeks :(
Did some shopping, but later in the day on Friday. We found a new tree, our old one was almost 20 years old. It's so sweet to have it pre-lit!
Went out this morning and picked up a few things. I should be finished by next weekend.

HI :wave: to everyone
~Jen

Sandancy
11-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi Dianne, Jen, Es and all!

Dianne, As Jen said, I can relate too! How's the exercise this week so far? I changed my Avatar to remind me to hop on my treadmill often. I only skipped Sunday in the past 4 days. Thanksgiving went ok, my mom is a trooper with these treatments, but there are still 8 more to go in this phase.

I am trying to change my eating too, but it is tough this time of year. I started with breakfast having cereal and fruit, instead of choosing a bagel. I have been looking at some high fiber lunch choices (lentil soup, veggie enchiladas) but haven't had the time to try them yet, still working through the Thanksgiving leftovers. I actually froze the rest yesterday, and only have turkey soup for today.

Jen, Enjoy your new tree! Are the lights LED's instead of bulbs?:tree: Is it all white or multi-colored?
We are just about to start our shopping. Mike and I are thinking in terms of gifts to the entire family instead of individual gifts. At this point many of the nieces and nephews are in college or close to it. We have given games sometimes, or tickets to events. Does anyone have a suggestion about a good group game for a family?

Better get off to work!
:present:
Hugs,
Sandy

dpadro
12-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Good Saturday morning women!

How is everyone?

Sandy, good to hear from you. Good luck with the shopping.

I had hoped to be done today, 12/1, however life is getting in the way today - in a happy way though. Willie has planned a birthday dinner for me tonight and my son, Steven has come in from Florida. Its been a tradition for the last 5 years or so that I spend my birthday with him, either he comes here, or I go there. So, tonight Alana & Sal, Steven, Darren & Lizette & kids, Lisa, Michael & kids and Willie, Jr. & Janette will be here. The only one of my children missing will be Justin, who is still in China. My birthday isn't until Tuesday, the 4th, but we'll celebrate tonight. It should be fun.

I stayed the same this week and only exercised twice. Hope to do better this coming week (not tonight though :p).

Hope everyone is doing well, its getting quiet in here again. Come out, come out wherever you are:hug:

Have a great weekend all.

Hugs,
Dianne

Jenny523
12-04-2007, 06:57 AM
:balloons: Happy Birthday Dianne! :balloons:
Hope you had a great celebration with your family on Saturday. Enjoy your special day!
love,
Jen

Sandancy
12-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi Dianne,
Hope you had a great birthday!

:gift::celebrate::gift:

Isn't it wonderful to have lots of family to celebrate together?
Wow, your son Justin in China, I would love to hear more about that.

Hi, to the rest of the gang, and I wish a great, and not too chilly December to all!
:hug:
Sandy

dpadro
12-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi Everyone:

Thanks Jen and Sandy for the birthday wishes - I did have a great time with my family. I'm always happy when Steven comes in from Florida.

How is everyone doing - its kind of quiet in here - guess everyone is busy with the season's doings. We haven't put our tree up yet because we now have 2 tv's in the living room, lol. Willie got a new big screen TV and the old TV is encased in a wooden case, piece of furniture and is hugely heavy. He wants to put it up in our bedroom, but has to get a dolly and a couple of strong people to help him. I can't wait to get my tree up and revolving in my window - I love it! Almost done with shopping, thank goodness. Just need to put money in envelopes for older grandkids.

Doing well as far as exercise is concerned, hope to move that number down this week at ww. Does anyone watch The Biggest Loser? I love it - its very inspiring. I look at these people that have to lose like 100 lbs in some cases, and all the hard work they go through and I think, if they can do this, I can do this!!!

I hope you are all doing well. Come in and say hi - I miss you Es, Terri, ZoeGirl, Ruthie and Susan!

Hope to talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

:tree::wreath:

dpadro
12-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Morning everyone:

I lost .8 this week, which brings me back to where I was before the Thanksgiving gain, so I'm happy with that.

Took 3 of my grandaughters to the movies yesterday to see Enchanted. Such a really cute movie, I enjoyed it myself, well.........at least when the man behind me took a break from snoring, lololol. That was strange. The girls stayed over and are sleeping at this very moment. Then of course last night when Darren's boys found out their cousins were here, they came over too. They finally left at a little after midnight. It was fun, but exhausting.

Gonna give them breakfast soon and get ready for church and the "hand-over" to Lisa, lol.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

dpadro
12-13-2007, 10:18 AM
HELLOOOOOOOOOO!! WHERE IS EVERYONE? COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!:hug:

Dianne

Jenny523
12-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Helloooo Dianne! and everyone else...
I've been away because I've, er, um, fallen off the wagon a bit. Enough said.

So what's everyone up to? :rofl: Not enough hours in the day from now till Christmas. And then to have to go spend it at work....remind me next year to take some time off in December!

We're celebrating Iliana's birthday tomorrow, the kids will all be here for dinner. Jess and her family are spending the night, then she and Joe are doing their annual Christmas shopping (for moi!) day on Sunday. I'll have the boys w/me on Sunday, don't know what we're doing yet.

My sister Kathie is doing fairly well. She hasn't had side effects from the first chemo treatment, and is having her 2nd on Monday. Please keep her in your prayers.

Is everyone ready for the holidays? I've got shopping to do this evening, mostly gift cards and a few books. Then it's house-cleaning time, as we're hosting this year. I gave up on baking years ago when I was management in retail. It was a great decision. My brother and his wife bring a huge assortment of the cookies they bake, so we have a wonderful dessert on Christmas and I don't have the work!

Stop in and say HI...catch us up on what you've all been up to!
hugs,
Jen :hohoho:

dpadro
12-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey Jen - good to hear from you, I was beginning to feel lonely in here. You're right - enough said - we've all been through that! Glad to hear your sister is taking the treatments well - I will definitely keep her in my prayers.

I agree, we shouldn't have to work before Christmas, lol. I shouldn't complain, next week is our last work week until January 3rd and I took January 3-5 off, so I'll actually have 2 weeks off for the holidays. I think that's why I stayed here all these years, the vacation and time off is great, lol.

I finished shopping on the 10th, but I still have my tree to put up. Remember I said we had 2 tv's in the living room which were in the way? Well, Willie, Darren and Sal attempted (key word here is ATTEMPTED) to bring one up to our bedroom, and in doing so, made a hole in the wall next to the stairs!:mad: And they still couldn't get the tv up. So now I have a hole in wall and the tv (which is actually a piece of furniture) is now in the dining room:p oy vey! Next it will be in the kitchen! The one good thing is I can at least put the tree up and that's what this weekend will be devoted to, decorating.

I'm doing okay ww-wise. I lost the ounces I gained after Thanksgiving, so that's good. I've been going to the gym 3-4 times per week and am doing 3-4miles on the treadmill. I'd like to start running on the treadmill, but for some reason I'm not comfortable doing that - I think I look funny, lol. Tonight I have an eating challenge because we girls at the job are having our annual dinner out and tomorrow's weigh-in. You know me, I'm not going to deprive myself, so I'll just face the music tomorrow and get right back on track.

How is everyone else? Miss you guys :hug:

Talk to you's soon,
Hugs,
Dianne

:wreath:

dpadro
12-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Good morning:

Good news - with all that I eat last night and 2 glasses of wine, I stayed the same at weigh in today!:carrot: I was expecting a gain for sure.

Have a great day, everyone,

Hugs,
Dianne

Jen,
I finally found out where we were. Es sent me info (Thanks Es). I got a new laptop today and now there is no excuse.
I have to read more posts but I had to stop when I read about your MIL. I am so sorry. How are you all doing?
How is your sister doing? That makes me so mad. Why the good ones? Please keep me posted. Es also sent me your e-mail but I lost that e-mail too. Mine to you kept coming back. I am so sorry.

Sandy,
I also read about yours and Mike's parents. They are also in my prayers.

Love you guys.
Back to more reading.
Terri

Hi,
I just finished reading.
Congrats on your losses and Happy Birthday Dianne. I am so glad you have a great attitude and a wonderful family. Sorry about the hole. I'll bet your tree looks beautiful. We put our tree (and the prelit are beautiful) up 2 days after Thanksgiving. We have had ours for 3 years. Since we go to Ohio every year I love to enjoy it as long as we can.

Susan,
Congrats on your losses too. That is wonderful. I have been maintaining. I hope to keep doing that and lose the rest after we get back. Always the hope.

Zoe,
Your grandaughter is adorable. Bet you had a blast at Halloween.

Sandy,
A supportive family is so important. I am so glad you have that.

We had our Christmas today. Bruce and the kids got me a digital frame and a laptop. Britts got me a spice rack. A really nice one. I also got Harry Potter Scene it. I love those books and movies. Read 1-5 gain. I better win this game.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Terri
Glad I found y'all.
Terri

Jenny523
12-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Terri,
Glad you're back. I missed you, but I hadn't realized that it was that long since you had posted. Your Christmas presents were great. Bruce always has a way of making you feel special. I love reading about what he does for you. Hope you have a great visit with your family.

Dianne,
Your tree (story? fiasco?) sounds like real life. That's what memories are made of! Glad it got settled. The job you have is so great when it comes to time off! Hope you enjoy the winter vacation.

Joe is out of town....again :( He'll be home Friday morning. Regardless of how often he has to go, I never get used to it.

Hope you're all well :wave: stop by and say HI!!!!
luv,
Jen

Hi Jen. Glad to be back. Where did Joe go? I hate when Bruce goes away on business. How is your sister doing?
I think we have two great guys. I hope all my kids are as lucky as we were.
Even if we slip over the holidays I hope we all stay in touch and then start the New Year with a vengeance.
Hi Es, Dianne,Sandy, Susan and Zoe. Is Ruth still with us?
Terri

Jenny523
12-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Terri,
Joe travels the 3rd week of each month to western Illinois. It's a 3 to 4 hour drive, so just long enough that he's got to stay from Tuesday till Friday rather than commute.

Dianne,
Good going on the maintain!

Is everyone ready for Christmas? I've got 5 days off and have been in a cleaning frenzy :dizzy: Emptied the china cabinet, washed/polished everything, it's sparkling and I love it that way. I've got my Mother's crystal; each time I do this chore I'm reminded of her and how she passed on the job to me when I was about 14. :lol: She was a clever woman!

Will be back later,
Jen
:wreath:

Sandancy
12-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to stop in to wish our whole group a very
Merry Christmas!

and it is so good to see you back Terri.

We are off tonight for a choir party, lots of snacks and caroling. It should be fun. I am finally done with the shopping, decorating, and almost done with the baking too. :xcheer:

Love and peace to all of you my friends and your families too.

Sandy:ginger::clause:

Patty575
12-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Hi everyone -

Looking for a group to hang with - do you have room for one more?? :^: I just love this board and have met many nice people here.

I am 46, married with a 6 yr old. Originally from the midwest and spent the last 7 yrs in the northeast and now currently in the southwest.

I have had a few stressful months but did return to WW and meetings right after Thankgiving. In the beginning of August, I moved cross country with a 6 yr old to help care for my Mom who had brain cancer. My sister and I took 24 hr care of her until the last few weeks when she went into full time hospice care. She died last month so we are trying to get our bearings. Luckily I got my daughter enrolled in kindergarten almost right away so she has had so diversion of it all.

But after Thanksgiving, I found a meeting and I LOVE my leader. For me that has been huge to my success - now and in the past. I just decided after all the stress, it was time to do this - no matter what time of year etc. For me there is ALWAYS an excuse why I shouldn't get started..tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow..so I just made it today

Look forward to traveling this very successful, very do-able journey with you all!

Claudia
12-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Hi I would like to get started once again on WW. Here's my short story. I'm married almost 30 years, will be 53 in January and have 2 sons 21 and 24. I have been a member of 3FC since August 1999. Where has the time gone! I lived in Seattle and was a regular meeting -goer doing points, tried core then back to flex. I moved to Israel 2 1/2 years ago and been able to maintain my current weight loss- never made it to goal. I started riding a bike with DH and just today went with some women biking for 2 hours. They are a good influence- they bike 2X weekly and go to a spin class. The weather here is very mild in winter and hot in summer, so it's a good excerise to get into since it can be done all year round. Okay TODAY I decided to find a WW group to join. I'm not an online WW person I need the physical meeting. TODAY I found out there are NO meetings in my area in english only hebrew. My language is not at a level to go to an all hebrew speaking meeting. So I'm here again for all the support that I have gotten over the years. Look forward to reading and posting.

Jenny523
12-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Merry Christmas to all,
and to all a good night......

Have a wonderful Christmas!

~Jen

dpadro
12-25-2007, 10:00 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIENDS - GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.We had Christmas Eve here as usual and we had a great time.  Today is the first time Willie and I are totally alone for Christmas morning.  We usually just relax on Christmas, our big night was last night.Hope you all have a great day with your families.

Patty & Claudia - :welcome3:  Good to have you here with us.  Claudia, I think you are our first International member.  This is a great group of women, very supportive.  Most of us have "known" each other at least 7 or 8 years and have come to be friends.  Good going on getting back to ww Patty and Claudia, great job on the biking.  I'm Dianne, by the way, just turned 55 this month.  My husband and I have 7 kids, between us (yours, mine and ours) and 15 grandchildren (no, they weren't all here last night:dizzy:).  Hope to get to know you better.

Hugs everyone,

Dianne

Rios426
12-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Hello my friends! It's been awhilel since I've been here. Missed you all. I'm rejoining WW this coming Saturday. Here I go again.:rolleyes: Hope you had a Merry Christstmas. We always celebrate on Christmas Eve. It was just the three of us but we had great time. I have alot of catching up to do. Welcome Claudia & Patty.

Be back soon:wave:

Luv u's,
Es

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!
:snowglo::snowball::clause::candy::ginger::tree:
Welcome Claudia and Patty . This is a great group!!!
Hi Es. It was great hearing from you. Glad you had a nice Christmas.
Dianne,
The alone time is nice too. We aways had huge Cristmas Eve growing up.
Big Italian, meatless ones. Now we meet at the Bella Via restaurant every Christmas Eve. We had a wonderful Christmas Day.
Hi Jen, Susan ans Zoe.
We are still in Ohio. We are getting wireless at my in-laws.
I walked 1.5 miles with Brittany and Tanner on Christmas Day and 2 miles today. I am going to try every day.
TTYL,
Terri

Sandancy
12-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi my Friends!

Welcome Patty and Claudia! We are a friendly group, and have shared both our successes and our struggles. I refer to sharing both our WW and life situations over the years. This is a good place to share. Everyone is warm and thoughtful with a good sense of humor and perspective too.
Patty, I also just wanted to say, I am so sorry for the loss of your mom.
:welcome2:

I am Sandy, 55 on December 10th, married to Mike for 31 years and I have 2 sons, Dave who is 26 and Greg who is soon to be 21. Both of them are single, and both seem to be very interested in performing and writing for a living. We shall see!

We had a great Christmas with Mike's family. He is one of seven and everyone was there, counting all of the nieces and nephews there are 22 of us. Christmas afternoon most everyone was playing a game called Rock Band in the living room. It is like Guitar Hero, but with drums and Karaoke too. Later my niece Kristin, who is 13, was playing all the old Christmas carols on the piano and taking requests. All in all, a very nice day.

We will be visiting my mom this afternoon. She is starting to sound as if the side effects of her radiation treatments are decreasing, she spent Christmas at my brother's and might even feel up to letting us take her out for dinner tonight.

Hi Es! It is so good to see you back too! It looks like we are all ready to start 2008 together ready to support each other in our WW efforts. I haven't even thought about rejoining yet, but I am walking a lot on my treadmill, and so I am at least maintaining despite all the goodies.

Hi Jen, Diane, Terri, Zoe!

TTYL
Sandy

Rios426
12-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Hi:wave:

Sandy, thanks for welcoming me back. I think exercise is so important. Eating right & exercise go hand & hand. I haven't been able to because of my back but I'm going to start a little at a time.

I really missed being here. We have been friends for the longest. I've been here since 1998. I changed my name a few times so it doesn't show.

I'm off today & so is Pete. I don't have any plans yet. Even though I don't mind staying home.

I'll try to be back later.

Hugs, Es:snowglo:

Jenny523
12-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Hi...how nice to see everyone's posts!

Welcome Patty and Claudia :wave: As the other girls have said, this is a wonderfully supportive group of women. We all found each other here and keep coming back to check in, offer support, catch up w/our lives....regardless of our weight losses.
I'm 54, live in a 'burb of Chicago, married forever to Joe. We've got two adult married children, and two awesome grandsons :love: . I've been a member here since around 1999, and will never never quit.
Oh, and I'm also the Queen of Fresh Starts :rofl:
I look forward to getting to know both of you...good luck!

ES!
:hug: Good to see you. This time for sure! :strong: We can do it. Glad you had a good holiday with Pete and David. Take care of your back.

SANDY,
It's very good to hear that your Mom is recovering after the radiation. My prayers are with her. I know my sister's radiation treatment was much more intense/harsh than the chemo. Your holiday sounded like it was so much fun! Kudos to Kristin for the piano playing, it must have been wonderful.

TERRI,
Good going on the walking! I'm glad you're having a good visit with your family. How is your Mom?

Have a great weekend,
Jen

Rios426
12-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Hello :)

2008 is a few days away. 2007 wasn't too good for me so I'm praying for better health & prosperity for all of us.

We're staying home. I always stay home for New Years. My sister will be with us but she leaves right after the ball drops. I'm usually in bed by 1:30.

Here's to a New Year:hat::newyear:

NEW YEAR NEW YOU!

Hi all.
Patty,
I am so sorry about your mom.

I am so glad we have a couple new friends.
My mom is doing well so far. More medicine. Her pharmacy bill Has to be horrendous.

It was great to hear from all of you. Hi Es! Missed you.

We are going to Moundsville, W.Va for New Years Eve. The band is Brad Paisley's old band and in his last video had them featured. Brad is from Moundsville and he filmed it there. He comes home alot. My mom's house is right across the river in Ohio. It takes 5 mis. to get there. I would love if Brad came home for New Years.

I can't wait to get into the New Year and start.

Going to lose wireless soon. Happy New Year!!!!
TTYL,
Terri

dpadro
12-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Whoa, this place is jumping, lol!

Es, amiga, so good to see you back. How was ww on Saturday? I know, its never pretty the first time back after awhile, but once you start seeing those pounds going, its great. Good luck, amiga and take care of your back.

Jen - How was Christmas - did the boys get everything they wanted?
Did you?, lol. How is your sister doing?

Terri - Still in Ohio? Isn't Brad Paisley married to Kimberly Williams, the woman who was in the father of the bride movies? She's so pretty. I believe they have a baby boy too. I don't know his music though. Good going on the walking to you and Britts.

Sandy, sounds like you guys had a great time on Christmas. Hope you mom is doing better. Hey, by the way Happy Belated :hb: :gift: to you! I didn't realize your birthday was in December - I'm 6 days older than you, lololol.

Hey ZoeGirl - how was your holiday? How is Ms. Rylea? Send some more photots of her.

Hi Patty and Claudia - come on in and say hi.

We had a house full on Christmas Eve as usual and had a great time. This weekend we left to Philadelphia to visit with Steven's kids (4). We enjoyed seeing them.

Tomorrow afternoon Willie and I leave for Nyack to a Salsa dance in a hotel. Then after the dance we stay over at the hotel, which is great - no designated driver necessary. We'll hang out the next day and visit the area mall, have breakfast, just get away for a while. I don't go back to work until Jan. 7th, so that's cool.

Well, in case I don't get back here until Tuesday night, I want to wish everyone a HEALTHY AND HAPPY 2008!!!
Love you guys,

Oh, P.S. - I gained a lb. but I expected it! No biggie.

Hugs,
Dianne

Jenny523
12-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. It's great to see all the posts now!
Jess, Michael and the boys will be here overnight to ring in the New Year with us. We've got all of our "party foods" and will spend the evening playing Wii and board games.

My best wishes and love to you all at the end of one and the beginning of another GREAT year for us all!
May we be successful in whatever it is we strive for,
may we all enjoy good health and
the love of our family and friends.
Happy New Year!
:newyear:

Love,
Jen

Jen,
I know you will enjoy your New Years Eve. Sounds like fun.
Hug the boys at midnight for me.
I always cry during Auld lang Syne (spell?)
I hope it is a good year for your sister.

Dianne,
I know you will have a good time too. Enjoy!
Yes, he married Kimberly Williams. She is cute. They are on the cover of Good Housekeeping this week. His music is very good if you like country.
I heard him for years and didn't know who he would become. He was always at our Jamboree in the Hills opening for big names.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!
Terri

Sandancy
01-01-2008, 03:07 PM
:snowglo:Happy New Year My Friends!:snowglo:

I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve with their loved ones last night. We were off to my SIL's for an evening of games, music, and Chinese take out. A little champagne at midnight, lots of kisses and good wishes and then back home again.

Diane, BTW, thanks for the belated birthday wishes!
Terri, Your Christmas and New Year's trips sound like lots of fun, best wishes for your mom's health too.
Jen, hope you had a great New Years Eve with the fam! Keeping your sister in my prayers.
Es, 1:30AM is plenty late for me too! Hope you had a fun evening with your sister.

Wishing everyone the healthiest and happiest year ahead.
Sandy

Rios426
01-01-2008, 03:09 PM
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!

Amiga I never made it to WW. :( But I'll get there by this coming weekend.
I'm sorry I missed your birthday. :bday2you:

Sandy, happy belated birthday to you too.:balloons:

We had a nice New Years Eve. My bro-in-law got so drunk but they went home early.

Back to work tomorrow.

Hugs,:grouphug:

Gabbagail
01-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi!

I rejoined WW last Wednesday--day after Christmas. I couldn't wait but I know I'll need more support than just the weekly meeting. Do you mind if I join your thread? :)

I have quite a bit to lose. I've lost weight with WW before so I know I can do it. However, I never reached my goal and became a lifetime member. I really would like to do that this time.

A little about me: I'm 56, newly retired. I love being retired so I can spend time with my grandchildren and do the things I love to do: knit, read, walk... This time around my husband is joining me on the program. He has about 15 lbs. to lose. I'm excited about him joining me on the program--the pantry will be housing healthy foods!

dpadro
01-02-2008, 10:59 AM
:welcome: gabbagail. We always have room for more. Great going on rejoining ww and its really cool that your husband is doing it with you; makes it a lot easier with that support. I'm Dianne, 55, and have been coming here for about 7 years, I think. We are all friends now and support each other through weight loss and well.....life happenings. You'll like it here.

Hey everyone: Sounds like all had a Happy New Year. Willie and I had lots of fun at the dance and it was nice to get away for a bit, but it was kind of strange not being with the family. We enjoyed though. Es, thanks for the birthday wishes!

Well, I'm off until next Monday so we are picking up our grandson Andrew in New Jersey and he'll hang out here until Saturday. Sunday he leaves for Florida, as he's living with Steven now. He enjoys coming here because we have Shane right next door (Darren's son) and they like going to the movies, playing basketball, etc. so he won't be bored.

Have a great day everyone - talk to "you's" soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Claudia
01-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Hope all had a good holiday and a happy New Year. I have lived in Israel since May 2005. I'm born in Brooklyn NY, then got married and lived in Oregon for 18 years then Seattle for 10 years. After our youngest son graduated high school we decided we were going to follow a dream and move to Israel. Our youngest son is in the Israeli army and our other son is in medical school. He is getting married to a girl in NY and the wedding is in April. I bought the dress already I'm wearing for the wedding in the States and had it sent here. We live in an anglo community( english speaking) and I tend to flock towards Americans.Life is really different here- there is no Target or Trader Joes! I am trying to get back on the WW journey by myself. Luckily I have found some workout friends and I have journaled for 3 days. But I need the support- so that's why I'm here. Looking forward to becoming an active member on this group. Claudia

Gabbagail
01-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Thanks for the welcome Diane! A little about myself--I'm 56, married to my high school sweetheart for 36 years, have two grown daughters (both married) and three grandchildren. I'm retired (for a year now) and am loving the free time, although I've found I'm busier than what I thought I would be! It's really nice having my DH on program with me--he does not attend meetings but he has his food journal. The downside to that though is I'm the one tracking his food! I don't mind writing down what I eat but it's sort've a chore to do it for someone else!

Claudia, gosh...you're living in Israel? Do you travel back and forth between the States and Israel alot? What an interesting life you must have. :) You can do the program on your own--many do! I'm new to this thread so from another newbie to another--welcome! :)

I weighed in today! I lost 4.4 lbs.!! :carrot:

Hi Claudia,
Wow, Israel. I love to hear about other cultures. Congrats on the upcoming wedding.

Welcome Gabagail,
I am Terri. I married my high school sweetheart 25 yrs. ago. I have 3 kids (21, 16 & 14). I am a lifer on WW. I am starting again. I regained all but 20 pounds. I lost 55. I know I can do this. I get mad thinking about hard I worked. Oh well. This is life and it is a lifechange and not a diet.

We can all do this. Let's really stay active after things settle in for the new year. I know that is now for some of you but I will settle in Sat. after my playoff game.
I am watching now but I will be 100% Sunday when I am back home safely (knocking on wood). My mom doesn't have wireless or wire for that matter. :lol: Someone around her does cause my pc works half the time that I am here. My mom never went much past TV. Nothing electronic here. We bought her a DVD player a few yrs. ago and only the children have used it.

Let's set up a challenge say for Valentines Day. I am going to say I will lose
15 by Valentines Day. That is an average of 2.5 per week.
Have a great weekend. We are going to Columbus tomorrow until Sat. morning.
TTYL,
Terri

Gabbagail
01-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Good morning everyone to all who follow me in here! :) I finished another day on program and now it's Thursday I'm concentrating on this day--one day at a time!

Terri, 2008 is going to be a great year for weight loss! You'll get that weight off again! You did it before; you'll do it again. This time next year I plan on looking a lot different. By Valentine's Day, I would like to be weighing 15 lbs. less also from my start weight. I'm game! Let's do it!

Today I'm babysitting my grandson--he's 8 months old. He's a big boy. I'll be getting in some "weight-lifting" today! ;)

Everyone have a great OP day! :D

dpadro
01-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

Claudia - congrats on the upcoming wedding. Great going on the exercise buddies, that will make a big difference.

Gabbagail - just get two trackers when you go to ww and your husband can fill out his own! It will be better for him too, so he can see what he's been putting in his mouth, if he writes it.

Hi Jen, Es, Sandy, Terri, Ruthie, Susan (Hey, where are u? - come in and say hi) - you too ZoeGirl!

I am getting ready to go to the gym - haven't been doing so great, lately, still seem to be in Holiday "mode". Last wi I gained a lb. but it was expected, and the receptionist told me I wasn't the only one, :p

Well, have a great day everyone. Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

dpadro
01-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Good morning everyone:

Well, I lost 1.6 this week which puts me back on track after the gain last week :carrot: WW was packed yesterday as you can imagine, everyone trying to fulfill their New Years resolution to lose weight. I threw all the holiday goodies out and felt good about that. Even if I don't get tempted, I want it out - no one else was eating it anyway. So, here's to a brand new year for all of us - WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Have a great day everyone, I'm off to Nursery duty. And back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks :( Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Gabagail,
Hope you had a great day with your grandbaby. I am sure you did.
15 ounds. We can do this.

Dianne,
Congrats on the loss. :carrot:

Well we are home. I threw out all the food and I am ready. I did great today. Usually I wait a few days but not this time. I am ready to begin my challenge for Valentines Day.
Hope everyone is well.

Terri

Jenny523
01-07-2008, 09:46 PM
See you all on #2!!!

dpadro
01-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Jen - HELP, I'M LOST - #2????

Dianne

Sandancy
01-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thursday is my mom's very last radiation treatment, my sister and I will be taking her out to celebrate afterwards. Friday is going to be my official start back to WW and my first weigh-in. I am planning to start by just working on my first 10%.

I hope everyone is well and I expect we'll have a great year together, I'll check in much more often now that things are calming down.

Luv ya's
Sandy

Jenny523
01-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Okay, see you on #2...for sure! (I've checked, it's there!)