Old 11-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #1  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default I have met 2 of my goals for this year!

First of all, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to the 100 lb Club here on 3FC! I honestly think that 90% of my loss so far has been because of the help and encouragement I have received here.

Because I had been notorious for starting and stopping diets so many times, I was cautious and set a goal of losing 65 lbs in 2007. I felt this was something I could do without being overwhelmed by the total amount I had to lose to get to my ultimate goal of 150. Well, I'm happy that I reached that goal this week. I'm so thrilled about it!!!

The other goal I had set for myself was to be at 199 by my 16th wedding anniversary which was last week. I got there a couple weeks ahead of time.

When I started thinking about this today I got renewed excitement and determination to finish what I started! When you are in the middle of the daily grind and just putting one foot in front of the other to make it through the day, just remember - it ALL ADDS UP. After a while you can turn around and see.....progress has been made!!

This is just to encourage anyone who may be struggling with the day-to-day chore of counting calories, points, fat grams, watching everything that goes in your mouth, getting in all your water, making sure you take time to exercise, turning down junk food, making healthy choices at restaurants or parties, etc. Every effort really does make a difference, and it truly is rewarding to get one day, then two, then three weeks, then 2 months, etc., behind you and then be able to look back and see that you have made progress. Keep at it! You will be glad you did.

Mine is coming off rather slowly, but that is okay! That is why I set my goal at 65 lbs for the year beause I didn't want to set myself up for frustration and defeat by setting my goal at 100 lbs. Many people have done it, and my hat is off to them for sure! But for me, this has worked out great. Moral of the story: If your weight seems to be coming off slowly, don't despair. You will soon be looking back to where you started and see that you were making great progress even when it didn't feel like it.

Thanks for "listening."
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

What a great post!

Everyone here is doing so fabulously, the produce just keeps throwing dance parties:

Congratulations on hitting your goals!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:08 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

YAY!!!! You are so right! Congratulations on such great weight loss! And thanks for reminding all of us that everything adds up & is worth it in the end ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #4  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Way to go Ritzy!!! That is fantastic!!! You'll surely reach your goal by 10/25/08!!!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

WTG! Congratulations on your loss! You´re doing great, and thank you so much for your post, really, it filled me up with new energy to keep going!!
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #6  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Way to go Ritzy!!! You have done an wonderful job!!! By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY (just a little early)

Last edited by Dumplin; 11-01-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:24 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh Ritzy, I am so happy for you. 65 lbs lost is just incredible. You have come so far. Congratulations and keep up the amazing work.

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #8  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Thank you all!!

I really consider myself the "least" on here because there are so many others who have far surpassed me. But for some reason it always helps when I post these thoughts because it just cements my committment to myself a little better.

Thank you all again!!! I wish you ALL continued success! You all are my inspiration.............that is why I am where I am right now.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #9  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumplin View Post
By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY (just a little early)
HOW SWEET OF YOU!!! Thank you SO much.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Ritz - Thanks so much for your brilliant timing in posting this one! I've been so frustrated in my loss slowing down and then here you are...showing us that even slowly does add up. I mean, really, 65 pounds??? That's so awesome!!! You rock!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:26 PM   #11  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsfan1 View Post
Ritz - Thanks so much for your brilliant timing in posting this one! I've been so frustrated in my loss slowing down and then here you are...showing us that even slowly does add up. I mean, really, 65 pounds??? That's so awesome!!! You rock!
Oh, Tricia! I was just reading your stats today and it was totally inspiring (even though we have been going at this for about the same time and I haven't lost as much as you have). I know the slowing down is frustrating, but it is amazing how days go by quickly when we stay busy and before you know it...well, a whole year is gone! I mean, today is NOVEMBER FIRST!!!! I thought February first was just last week!

I honestly didn't know for sure if I would make it when I started out in January. But you know, even though I had rough spots that I went through and times when it seemed like I would NEVER get to 20 lbs gone, 40, 50...and so on, I just made myself do it. Now, I have the golden nugget in my hand of 65 lbs gone all because of perserverance on days when I really didn't feel like "dieting." That little nugget (along with all you wonderful people on 3FC) will be what keeps me going down even more because I have found, like you said, that even slow adds up.

Thank you for your sweet reply.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:52 PM   #12  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations! How fantastic!!

Thanks for your motivating post!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:21 AM   #13  
MamaSam

S/C/G: 280/200/150

Height: 5'7"

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the extra inspiration!

Samantha
MamaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:04 AM   #14  

wow.. congratulations... you may be losing it 'slow', but slow and steady works.... and there is no 'Least' on these boards... each and every pound counts toward making someones life healthier.. and you have 65 of those pounds gone.. AWESOME
flabtofab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations!! And I don't think that's a slow weight loss at all -- you hit your goals ahead of time, after all!! You ROCK!

I love your post because it gives so much encouragement to people who have a long road ahead of them, and we all remember what it was like when we just started on this journey. It's so good to remember that the time will pass ANYWAY, whether we're working on weight loss or not, and a few months or a year down the road, won't we be glad that we DID work on it? Regardless of how slow or how fast the changes come, they do come!!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote