Fitness Videos - Walk Away The Pounds - November - Daily Check-In

cbmare
11-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Well, well, well! We're getting ready for the holidays. Lay off that Halloween candy and walk with Leslie instead.

As the holidays approach, remember, it's all about you and your health. We can do this!

cbmare
11-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Mommy2girls, Walk Away The Pounds (WATP) is a walking in place program. Leslie takes us through many different steps (side, knee lifts, kicks, etc) and runs the heart rate up then cools down. She has many different programs. You can get one of the beginning programs at Walmart. Look for a purple package and you'll get the stretchie band with it. Or, you can do like I did. I went to the library and checked out several of her dvds. In fact, that's how I discovered her. I checked out many different dvds by all sorts of people. I just kept checking out hers and renewing it. Then I decided that I'd hogged it long enough. I needed to let others discover the workouts. I went ahead and spent the $10 or whatever it was. Also, you can go to Gaiam.com. Look in the clearance area. There are about 6 of her dvds on sale for under $10.

boobalah & I did the 2 mile Fast Walk this morning. He was reading the paper and wanted to read a bit more. I told him the paper would still be there and he could read it while he was cooling off. He listened!

UntilMOMMI
11-01-2007, 11:14 AM
I set a goal for myself to do SOME kind of activity EVERY DAY of Novermber. I don't care if it's Leslies 10 min Tone-Up (though I'm aiming at the 4-mile Super Challenge)... I'm going to do SOMETHING.

Today I did the WATP 2-Mile w/ 3# weighted balls (instead of the belt). November.. I'm kickin' your butt!

natascharenee
11-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Hello all,
I'm back on my wagon. Today I did walk and tone off Comcast on Demand.

cbmare
11-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Buckeye balls

HUH?

cbmare
11-01-2007, 06:17 PM
cb
Just close your eyes and picture this. Peanut butter mixed with butter and powdered sugar dunked into chocolate lol. Called Buckeye balls because they are made to look like the nut off our state stree. The buckeye tree which was called this because the nut reminded people of the eye of a buck ( male deer ).

Sounds like something Paula Dean would make. :D

Sounds heavenly!

I'm glad I'm not around them.

cbmare
11-02-2007, 10:34 AM
We got up early and once again did the 2 mile fast walk.

I'm hoping to get him to do Fat Burning for Dummies this weekend. That is one hard workout.

We'll also do one of Leslie's other ones for some sort of variety. I'm getting tired of the same ole one.

Cassie501107
11-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Yesterday I did:

Walk Away Your Waistline w/Walk Belt
&
2 Mile High Calorie Burn w/3lb weights

This morning I did Tae Bo Cardio

Tonight I will do Walking For Weight Loss w/ Debbie Rocker

cbmare
11-03-2007, 02:10 PM
We started the 4 mile Fast Walk. boobalah had to drop out. We think he may have torn something in his calf. So, no more workouts for him for a few days. I completed the walk. whew! This afternoon we are helping my DD move. So, I guess moving furniture will count as a workout. Don't know how boobalah will do, he'll wear a brace on his leg.

tjjsmom
11-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Good morning ladies!

I just won 3 Walk away the pounds videos on ebay. I have a friend that raves about them I was just wondering if you could tell me which ones are the best and most effective.

Thanks!

cbmare
11-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Good morning ladies!

I just won 3 Walk away the pounds videos on ebay. I have a friend that raves about them I was just wondering if you could tell me which ones are the best and most effective.

Thanks!

:wel3fc::welcome::welcome2::welcome3:

Congrats on winning the videos! Which ones did you win?

I have quite a few of her dvds now. I started with the 1 mile. It's the one that has the purple stretchie. There are many different ones. Right now we're enjoying the 2 Fast Miles.

We helped my DD move yesterday. Poor boobalah. He definitely tore something in his calf during our morning workout yesterday. He had an ace bandage on it all day while moving some pretty heavy stuff. Needless to say, he is not doing morning workouts with me for a few days.

Since I was working out alone, I did the 5 Mile Advanced Walk. Two of the miles were just walking. The other 3 used the boosters. So I used the hand weights, belt and stretchie.

UntilMOMMI
11-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Good Morning WATP fam,

I did the 3 mile w/ 3# weights this morning. Feelin' great about it!

Daimere
11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm getting better now after getting flu/cold. I think I should be back to exercising by Wednesday. I hate being sick. :(

cbmare
11-05-2007, 12:18 PM
I did the 3 mile WAT Waist with the belt this morning. boobalah is going to continue to rest his calf until he has no more pain.

cbmare
11-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Shy, I'm going to be nosey and ask the question.

Why are you having such a difficult time with your lungs? You poor thing! It sounds like you've had some sort of damage to them.

WalkieTalkie
11-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Hi everybody, I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mary. I have just started walking. I am on week 6. I started out walking the neighborhood for an hour in the morning, but have switched to the Leslie dvds. I have been doing them for the past 3 weeks. I have the set of 3 walking for the abs. My silly bands snapped on my belt, so now I need some replacement bands or a new belt.
I would like to try some of the other tapes as I'm kind of getting bored with hearing the same conversation over and over.
I am consistantly doing the 2 mile in the morning and then try and sneak the 1 mile in before the kids get home. I can do the 3 mile but its hard to grab 45 mins at a time.
I would love to hear your experiences, like how long have you been doing them, how often do you walk......AND...can I really lose weight doing the walking tapes?

Waiting for the magic to happen.....

I have been enjoying reading everybodies post....thats why I'm here...looking for encouragement!

Cassie501107
11-06-2007, 08:38 AM
I did 4 really big miles yesterday morning, and 2 Miles with Walk Slim last night. :)

Cassie501107
11-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Hi everybody, I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mary. I have just started walking. I am on week 6. I started out walking the neighborhood for an hour in the morning, but have switched to the Leslie dvds. I have been doing them for the past 3 weeks. I have the set of 3 walking for the abs. My silly bands snapped on my belt, so now I need some replacement bands or a new belt.
I would like to try some of the other tapes as I'm kind of getting bored with hearing the same conversation over and over.
I am consistantly doing the 2 mile in the morning and then try and sneak the 1 mile in before the kids get home. I can do the 3 mile but its hard to grab 45 mins at a time.
I would love to hear your experiences, like how long have you been doing them, how often do you walk......AND...can I really lose weight doing the walking tapes?

Waiting for the magic to happen.....

I have been enjoying reading everybodies post....thats why I'm here...looking for encouragement!
Welcome Mary! I love, love, LOVE Leslie Sansone...and YES, you can lose weight with these videos, provided you are watching your food intake. I do them 6 days a week, twice day (though you don't have to do them as much...I'm a bit obsessive;)), and I've been getting results.

cbmare
11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Welcome, Mary!

I've been doing Leslie's dvds since about Feb or March. It did help to get things going. I started out renting dvds at the library until I found Leslie. I bought my first ones at Walmart.

Shy, my mom had weak lungs. She wouldn't go to the dr whenever she got pneumonia or anything else. She wore the lining of her lungs down so badly that whenever she had coughing fits, she'd cough up blood. Don't ignore it. I'm glad you are getting help now.

I made a discovery this morning. We did the Fast Firm with the stretchie. I was merrily stretching along when boobalah remarked that I'm pretty strong. He couldn't figure out why he was having to loosen up his stretchie. I was using the purple one that came with the 3 mile workout. I got the pink stretchies with other workouts but continued to use the purple one. After we finished the workout, I picked up the pink stretchie and had trouble with it. That thing is much stronger! He picked up the purple one and had his hands very close and stretched the whole thing. Silly me! I'll start using the pink one.

I'm not sure where you'd get the replace bands for the belt. Perhaps you can tie the bands together. It would increase the resistance, but might still work.

tjjsmom
11-06-2007, 04:31 PM
I am not sure what videos they are just three of them. Since I have none I figured I had to start somewhere and then build up my collection from there. I can't wait until they get here since I haven't really been exercising at all. I am sure I can stick with this.

Thanks for all the info!

WalkieTalkie
11-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Welcome, Mary!

Perhaps you can tie the bands together. It would increase the resistance, but might still work.

haha...I already tied it together and it busted again. I had tied knots in it to increase the resistance....so I don't know if maybe I weakened it or if maybe it was already dry rotted. I bought my set of 3 vhs with the band at a yard sale. They sat in my garage for quite awhile until I got disgusted with my clothes that I though I'll give these things a whirl.

So far I'm loving it, but I'm having dvd envy with all the other ones you guys are talking about.

Not sure which one I want to try to get.

cbmare
11-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Don't forget the library.

They have quite a few.

Daimere
11-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Does anyon have the Walk Slim 1/2 and 3 mile set? I want to gradually get into the 4 miles but does the 3 mile have the intervals? I'm confused.

cbmare
11-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I think I do. I'll have to check when I get home. In fact, I should just make a small database of what I have, exercise time (not the same as running) and a few notes about difficulty.

cbmare
11-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Shy! Congrats on the lb you lost! You and I are necking.

We did the Fat Burner w/weights walk this morning. Well, boobalah used the weights. We have to get my ankle weights out of the scuba stuff so I can hold those.

Diamere, I forgot to look last night. I'm sorry.

project chel
11-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Okay, so I hate fitness videos. I've never had one I liked. I've always felt like I look like a catfish flappin' about on dry land. But... I've been lurkin' around here, reading about Walk Away the Pounds. So, yesterday, I was at a consignment shop and found 2 unopened never used WATP dvds. I bought one... Walk Strong. So, today I did it...Umm... SHE TRIED TO KILL ME! I was not expecting that! That is one good work out. AND I didn't feel like a catfish! I didn't feel like an idiot at all... and my little girl did it with me (with a few of her own little twists of course)! It was fantastic! So, I would like to join you guys for the daily check in if that's okay? It might help keep me motivated. I might go back and see if the other one is still there. They were only 5 bucks!

cbmare
11-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Chel, Welcome! What's the name of the other one? Leslie can really work you at times. I can't wait for the 6 I got on clearance at Gaiam to come.

Shy, check out the library for some seated workouts. Some PBS stations have Sit and Be Fit. It is geared for people who can't or shouldn't have their legs and arms flying all over the place.

project chel
11-07-2007, 01:20 PM
I think the other one was the 1 & 2 mile walk. Do you have any suggestions if that one is gone. I liked how much Walk Strong made me work up a sweat (makes me feel like I'm making progress), the time went by fast and it was actually kinda fun. Are they all like that?

cbmare
11-07-2007, 01:37 PM
I don't have Walk Strong. The 1/2 mile is a good one. It starts with the warm up, gets you going, then a nice cool down.

I had to get more because I was getting bored. Wal Mart has them and at some good prices, too! You might find some on EBay as well. That's where I found the Fat Burner/Fat Burning one.

If it is only $5 - go for it!

sxulcmnky
11-07-2007, 01:44 PM
i ordered a dvd of this a couple of weeks ago... should have been to my house by now, but they got the address wrong. i haven't been anle to start this yert. if it isn't in by friday, i'm going to go get it at target, but i'm going to wait until then since i've already paid for it.

keep your fingers crossed that it comes in the mail soon

Dumplin
11-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Hello everyone I am new here also. I really like Leslie Sansone! I have the dvd called Walk at home, it comes with the walk belt, this is a 3 mile walk. Does anyone have this one and what do you think about it ? I have only walked the first 2 miles so far and I feel like I am really getting alot out of this.I bought it at Walmart 12.99

cbmare
11-07-2007, 04:32 PM
I have it. I like it. I try and do it once a week. However, since boobalah is working out with me now, I do others. He doesn't care for the belt.

UntilMOMMI
11-08-2007, 09:48 AM
I just did the 1-Mile express today, but I used my 3# weights... even though it's not in this workout.

I don't check in daily, because I switch up w/ my vids... but I'm still with you all. Thanks for the kind words!

Dumplin
11-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Hello Shy and cbmare! Looks like you all have been doing a great job your ticker has been moving and thats great ! This is the only Leslie Sansone dvd I have. Which one do you have and which one do you like? I want to buy some more to change my workout around .

cbmare
11-08-2007, 12:30 PM
We did the 3 Mile Express this morning. It was 45 minutes.

Dumplin, I have the entire Walk Slim series, the 5 mile kit (came with dvd, pink stretchie, 2 lb. weights and belt), 1/2 & 3/4 Mile Express, the Fast Walk, Fat Burning/Burner Walk and a set of 6 (not sure what's in them) that should be arriving any day.

Go to Gaiam.com and look in the clearance section. The 6 I'm getting were there and it was around $9 for all of them. Also, check at your local library. That's where I found Leslie.

Cheree
11-08-2007, 05:38 PM
I did the 2 mile WATP workout (From the WATP set that uses the weights-my favorite series) and carried my 3 pound weights the entire time except for when she said to pick up the weights, then I switched to my 5 pound weights.

Mare, I got my set from Gaiam today:
Short Cuts - Ab Workout
Short Cuts - Upper Body Workout and Lower Body Workout (this one says: 2 in 1 DVD - so I guess they consider this one as 2 DVDs)
Walk Away the Pounds for Abs - 3 Workouts in 1 DVD (Looks like you can use the walk belt with it)
Another Walk Away the Pounds for Abs - Ab Buster (says 10 minutes)
You Can Do! Yoga (I already had this one)

:carrot:

cbmare
11-08-2007, 06:04 PM
I did the 2 mile WATP workout (From the WATP set that uses the weights-my favorite series) and carried my 3 pound weights the entire time except for when she said to pick up the weights, then I switched to my 5 pound weights.

Mare, I got my set from Gaiam today:
Short Cuts - Ab Workout
Short Cuts - Upper Body Workout and Lower Body Workout (this one says: 2 in 1 DVD - so I guess they consider this one as 2 DVDs)
Walk Away the Pounds for Abs - 3 Workouts in 1 DVD (Looks like you can use the walk belt with it)
Another Walk Away the Pounds for Abs - Ab Buster (says 10 minutes)
You Can Do! Yoga (I already had this one)

:carrot:

When did you order them? I ordered them right after you told me about them. I'm waiting!!!!!

Cheree
11-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Mare,

I ordered them on Wed. Oct. 31st, they shipped on Friday Nov. 2nd.

:D

cbmare
11-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Why won't they play? I'd feel ripped off if that happened to me.

Shy, it looks like you are missing 1 cheerleader.

cbmare
11-08-2007, 08:43 PM
They came! I think we'll do one of the 30 ab ones tomorrow morning!

Dumplin
11-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Shy, thanks for all that info. I bet that guy knows what he is talking about also. It sounds like his wife is living proof that it works!

cbmare,thanks for the info...I just ordered those from Gaiam.com

WalkieTalkie
11-09-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm so excited. The other day I posted on our local freecycle board that I was looking for Leslie tapes. A lady responded that she had a couple that she was getting rid of. I picked them up last night.
I got the miracle mile, a 3 mile, and a 2 mile along with a couple of different people excercise dvds.
I looked at the miracle mile when I got home. Boy they look outdated...funny clothes and funny hairdos. It was made soon after one of her babies. They are all wearing tights and leotards.
Are you guys doing the old ones or are there some updated versions?
Lovin my Leslie tapes. My pants are starting to get loose.
I think the magic is starting to happen....whooo hooo

cbmare
11-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Oh, Walkie, what a great find! Play all the way to the end and you'll get the (c) date. I have one that I swear is from the 80s because of all the big hair. LOL.

We did the 2 mile/30 minute Abs workout this morning. I used the belt and boobalah used the stretchie. This one is dated 2001.

Shy, I'm so jealous. Your dot is less than a week? From day 1, mine were always 8 - 10 days. I was so glad to have the cradle taken out in 88. Even the few times I was on the pill, mine were never less than 7 - 8 days. The pill limited the really heavy days to just 3 - 4. I hate you for that.

Daimere
11-09-2007, 11:20 AM
My dot is 3-5 days. A 5 dayers are rare. As I get older, 4 is starting to be the average.

cbmare
11-09-2007, 12:33 PM
I got to the point where I was having one that would last 8 - 10 days, 5 - 7 days off and back on again for 8 - 10. I was having 2 per month! I was so anxious to have it removed. Kimberly Clark lost quite a bit of revenue when I had my surgery.

Dumplin
11-09-2007, 04:37 PM
:bravo:

I am giving myself a BRAVO because...I walked 3mi. yesterday and today. I had only been doing 2mi. I feel so much better about everything when I do this for myself. I am already thinking about Thanksgiving dinner. I will put the country ham and turkey in the oven, cook them overnight, wake up and check on the ham and turkey...then to my walking...after that I will begin to cook everything else. I always have the works...Ham,turkey,mashed potatoes,cornbread dressing,dumplins,mac/cheese,:broc: cassarole, sweet potatoe cassarole,green beans, baked beans,deviled eggs,cole slaw, this year sugar-free pumkin pie,my aunt always gives me a make from scratch blackberry jam cake and I will make my nephews favorite for him pineapple upside down cake...WOW I really hope I can control myself that day. My parents and my only brother passed away not to long ago...leaving me as the only sibbling so...I will always keep this family tradition going as long as I am able. I have a 23yr.old neice,24yr.old nephew,and my daughter is 21. I do plan on giving the left overs to a needy family .They are aways so thankful and I do not need to GLUT!!!

Daimere
11-09-2007, 09:21 PM
When I was a teen, I used to have double months every two months. Now, that I've gotten older, it's only been 1 a month for the last year, I believe.

sxulcmnky
11-11-2007, 01:43 PM
k i went to target and got the one with 5 different ones on it... i did the first one friday (then saturday the BF and i went to the smithsonian and walked around dc)... i have to say... i broke a sweat but the time went by very quickly.

he even said he would do it with me on the weekends when he is down :D YAY!

cbmare
11-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Since boobalah has the creeping crud, I worked out by myself yesterday. I did the Fat Burner 45 minute workout. I think I'll try one of the new ones I got the other day later on this afternoon.

cbmare
11-11-2007, 07:24 PM
OK. What a workout! I did one of the ones I got from Gaiam. It's the Shortcuts Upper Body Workout. It's about 30 minutes. Boy oh boy! My arms feel it! It's from 2002.

cbmare
11-12-2007, 11:06 AM
I did the 45 minute WAT Waist with the belt this morning. Poor boobalah. He looked like a sad puppy this morning. He was just staying in the door way and moaning. His chest congestion is barely starting to break. I told him he should not exercise when he can't breathe. Call me crazy, but I feel breathing is important. I try to do it several times a day! LOL.

Daimere
11-12-2007, 11:19 AM
So, I did half of walk and kick. I felt it was just too slow since I've done Turbo Jam before. At least I did more than I've been doing. Hopefully, I will stay on track tomorrow. ^_^

cbmare
11-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Ladies, I forgot to mention something. If you are just beginning the WATP series, be sure and measure yourself. I think you will be pleasantly surprised in a few weeks.

Dumplin
11-12-2007, 12:26 PM
I bought Walk Slim yesterday,I did it today. I really like it along with the other one I have Walk Away Your Waist with the belt. Anyone know how many steps make a mile?

cbmare
11-12-2007, 02:28 PM
She doesn't count steps. They judge the mile by the time. You'll hear her on some of her workouts telling that they've walked at that pace and in whatever amount of time it is, that was a mile.

I haven't thought to wear my pedometer to see how many steps I take during it.

cbmare
11-12-2007, 02:30 PM
cb
At least lol. I forget to measure all the time lol. I find great drops when I remember to do that lol.

Be sure and measure your neck. I've lost a couple of inches there.

I keep a little note book and write it down each week. I measure my neck, breast, rib cage, waist, abdomen (2 fingers below the belly button), hips, thigh, calf, upper arm and forearm. I've noticed that my forearm is getting skinny! :D

cbmare
11-12-2007, 04:42 PM
I'll try and do her lower body workout later this week and find out what she says.

You might try making a post about it. Meg and a few others on here are personal trainers. They may be able to help you.

Dumplin
11-12-2007, 05:49 PM
She doesn't count steps. They judge the mile by the time. You'll hear her on some of her workouts telling that they've walked at that pace and in whatever amount of time it is, that was a mile.

I haven't thought to wear my pedometer to see how many steps I take during it.

I am sorry cbmare. I know she anounces each mile but I had a friend to give me a pedometer yesterday and I was just wondering how many steps it would take to walk a mile measuring with the pedometer. Someone had said around 2000.

cbmare
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
OK. What you need to do is set the pedometer to your gait. Then walk a certain distance and see how many steps you do. Then you can multiply it out to make a mile. Say you walk 1/4 mile, then you multiply by 4.

Dumplin
11-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Good idea! Thanks cbmare!!!

sxulcmnky
11-13-2007, 08:43 AM
ok my check in day is today... i sucked over the weekend and didn't do the walk on sunday or monday... going back to it when i get off work

UntilMOMMI
11-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Mon- I did the 1-mile Express in the morning, and then I did the 4-mile Super Challenge that afternoon. I also worked with weights that evening. I had to make up for not working out on Sat or Sun.

Tue- I did the 3-Mile WATP for abs with 3 lb weighted balls instead of the belt.

cbmare
11-13-2007, 12:04 PM
I did the WATP for Abs with the belt today. It's a pretty good fast paced 30 minute workout.

Shy, that is great that he helped you! I have the 2 lb weights that came with my 5 mile challenge kit from Target. Those were plenty. My scuba kit has some little 3 lb weights in there as well. I may get a couple of those out once I can do all the upper body without soreness.

cbmare
11-13-2007, 01:12 PM
sxul
You will get back with it. Just has to be something you do like breathing lol. I forget to do a lot of things. I forget to eat, ...

What?! I'll forget to pay my taxes before I'll forget to eat! ;)

veronica65
11-13-2007, 04:45 PM
I have been doing the WATP Express, but using 5 lb weights, except for the toning belt part. Its the only one that I have so far!!! I love it, it gives me a break from my treadmill, and passes by quickly, and is a good workout, if you really put out while doing it. I am aiming for 5 miles everyday til christmas, along with whatever else I feel like that I'm up to adding, if any everyday to that amount of distance. lol
But I have been trying to do a 30 min of burn it up slim in 6, to tone up too.

sxulcmnky
11-14-2007, 01:13 PM
shy -

thanks... and i forget to pee a lot... i know... bad habit that has led to many a UTI... you'd think i'd learn lol.

my co-worker and i went on a walk around the base after lunch... my pedometer is up to over 3 miles so far for today :D

after work i'm going to target, then going home, doing the 1m maybe try the 2m after if i'm up to it, then watching my soaps and visiting a friend to drop off some flyers (i promote at a club around here in DC, so that's also good for walking) and my pilates tape since i never use it anymore :D

cbmare
11-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Gee! I guess I didn't hit the submit button earlier today.

I did the 2 mile Fast Walk this morning. It's a good 30 minute fast paced (boosted walking) workout.

Shy, why don't you stand in front of your kitchen counter. Place your hands on it about shoulder width apart and do some push aways. Do them slowly. If you want it to be more of a challenge, then stand back a bit. It works your abs, arms, upper back, ham strings and calves. You can do just a few at first. I try and do them everytime I'm in the kitchen waiting for something to cook.

cbmare
11-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I am aiming for 5 miles everyday til christmas,

Good Lord! My right calf is starting to tighten up just thinking about 5 miles everyday until Christmas! I think I'd want a wheel chair under the tree for me if I tried that!

Good luck! You certainly sound determined.

cbmare
11-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Shy, I forgot to add - Congrats on another 2 lbs!

How do you attach those cheerleaders?

Daimere
11-14-2007, 07:00 PM
I ordered the 4 mile challenge and Slim 1,2, and 3 mile. Hopefully, I will start exercising reguarly again. >.<

cbmare
11-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Shy, I got the PM. I think I understand it. I haven't tried anything yet. I'm glad I suggested the push aways. If you stand out further, it gets much harder. Be sure and have your feet shoulder width apart for better support. If you want more of a challenge, turn to the side and do it one handed. I don't know if that way would hurt your shoulder, so be careful. You can also do that against a wall by just pushing straight in and out.

Also, stand in a doorway and put one hand on each side of the door jamb. Try to push your hands together through the wall. That helps to build up the arms, too.

cbmare
11-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Shy, I forgot to tell you something. (tee hee hee). I was doing that one time when a show I wanted to watch came on. I did not realize it but boobalah was scanning through the commercials (thank God). I just kept pushing away. I did it for almost 45 minutes straight! I don't think I could use my arms for 2 days! :lol:

sxulcmnky
11-15-2007, 08:07 AM
cb- i did those wall push things when i was waiting for my food to be done in the microwave yesterday.... great idea rather than just standing there

shy- it *is* always better to be in the bathroom when your bladder says it's time to go :D

as for the walking... in total with work i walked about 8 miles yesterday (i apparently walk around more than i thought i did while at work) which includes my 1 mile video i did. i think i'm going to try the 2 mile one tonight, if i feel up to it... it's all rainy and nasty here... i don't know if i will want to, or if i'll want to do the one mile and just vegetate after

cbmare
11-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Shy, it's called a pedometer. I think I have a "get a freebie" site somewhere around here. I'll post it when I find it.

I didn't workout this morning. I want to go home and do a quick 30 minute one today. I'm off tomorrow and will be running around because we are having guests for dinner, but I'll workout before I go.

sxulcmnky
11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
ya it's a pedometer. i paid $9 for mine at target.

i didn't wear it today though.. that's something i am just getting into (tracking how much i walk around the office)

cbmare
11-15-2007, 02:36 PM
//https://www.myregistrationc.com/Cymbalta/CymbaltaPhase2/Registration.aspx

It is through Cymbalta. I don't know if you have to use Cymbalta or not. If I find any others, I'll post them.

They aren't very expensive at Walmart or Target. However, the cheaper ones, like I have, will chalk up steps while I'm driving.

I want a nice one with a heart monitor for Christmas. I think I'll start hinting tomorrow night when our guests are over. They'll make sure boobalah gets reminded. :D

sxulcmnky
11-15-2007, 02:39 PM
i used to be on cymbalta... but ya... that was way more expensive because there wasn't any generic at the time... so i stuck to the prozac

Daimere
11-15-2007, 08:07 PM
I got a new phone today that has a pedometer. I can't wait to use it. It will also log your walks/runs around the block

Ready2BThinna
11-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Hi Everyone!

I've been on and off 3FC for a few years. It really hurt to move the ticker in my signature UPWARDS as a result neglecting nutrition and fitness for the past few months. I started back with WATP DVDs this morning. Glad I stopped by this thread to learn about the booster walks offered via "ON DEMAND." I'm increasingly left without excuses for not moving my body :o

Jean

Dumplin
11-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey,is it possible.....if you start walking 3mi a day for 2wks and the second week you gained .5lb would it be muscle? Is this crazy?.....and you also have been drinking 64oz water and staying on plan.

sxulcmnky
11-16-2007, 10:33 AM
i did 1.5 miles yesterday... fell out about 3/4 into the 2 miler... so that's why i estimate 1.5 miles :D

today will be the 1 miler again but i'm going out tonight, so i will dance a lot too :D

sxulcmnky
11-16-2007, 01:17 PM
lol i *hate* snow... we only get a bad one every couple of years in DC but when it's bad it's bad. it's fine as long as i can stay inside though :D people in DC have no idea how to drive in it

veronica65
11-16-2007, 02:45 PM
i did the 2 mile express , 5 times to equal 10 miles.
i used 2 five pound weights for 2 of the times, then the resistance band for the other 3.

Daimere
11-17-2007, 08:37 AM
After my break, I did a 3 mile last night. Mainly because my potential boy forced me. YAY. And I kicked it's butt.

cbmare
11-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Well, I was on roller skates yesterday. We had boobalah's guys over for dinner. I got up early and did the remainder of the shopping, got the table cloths ironed, touched up the dusting and floors then went diving into the kitchen. We'd already made the sausage rolls and meatballs. I took them out of the freezer to come up to temp before baking them. I got the spinach salad together and precooked the bacon for it. Then I took the pepper bacon and partially cooked that. When it was cool enough, I cut them in half and wrapped it around water chestnuts. That just needed a little baking since the bacon was partially cooked. The marinara sauce for the sausage rolls and meatballs only needed heating. Got the different cheese hunks out. Of course, the 2 baguettes were sliced and ready to just lightly broil and boobalah didn't watch it. He was complaining that I got too much bread. We barely had any slices to put out because he burned it twice. :lol:

He was thinking we had too much food. We had some marinara left over. That was it! I know how his guys eat! I think he'll listen to me from now on.

During all that I had time to do the 10 minute ab session. That was it!

I think I'll try and do the 5 mile today.

Cheree
11-17-2007, 03:47 PM
i did the 2 mile express , 5 times to equal 10 miles.
i used 2 five pound weights for 2 of the times, then the resistance band for the other 3.

WOW!!! That's impressive. How do you keep from getting mind numbed?

cbmare
11-17-2007, 07:30 PM
WOW!!! That's impressive. How do you keep from getting mind numbed?

I want to know that as well! Geez, Louise! I'm such a slacker!

Well, in my old age, I don't want to do that much anymore.

Today I did the Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles. Then I popped in her yoga one and just did the poses and techniques portion. I'm new to yoga. I can't do it on a berber carpet. I'm going to have to get one of the camping mats out.

Daimere
11-17-2007, 11:00 PM
I got my 4 mile super challenge and 1,2,3 Fast start today. I can't wait to use it. I think that every day I mention to my potential that I need to work out, he'll annoy me to do it till I break. Lol

sxulcmnky
11-18-2007, 10:36 AM
i did the thigh workout on Fitness TV this morning... might do the mile walk later on.

cbmare
11-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I bounced on my rebounder for about 20 minutes, did 50 crunches and about 15 - 20 minutes of the Fast Firm with the stretchie.

Now back to ripping out all the tee tiny stitches in my quillow.

sxulcmnky
11-19-2007, 07:18 AM
what's a rebounder?

Daimere
11-19-2007, 09:51 AM
I did the fast start 2 mile yesterday before a pre Thanksgiving dinner. It was so hard! I'm hoping I will convince myself to do something today!

cbmare
11-19-2007, 11:16 AM
A rebounder is a mini trampoline. You can get them at Target, K-Mart and/or Walmart. The Rebounder brand is very expensive. Mine is much cheaper and works just as well.

I got up this morning ready to do 4 miles. However, my sister called. My mom's estate is settled and she wanted to know how to get certain stuff to me. Besides, we had to catch up on my grand niece's wedding and such. blah blah blah I know. TMI.

Anyway, I did the 2 mile Express brisk miles with stretchie.

Daimere
11-19-2007, 11:45 AM
I did 2 out of 3 miles of the Walk slim. I know I can do it but I think it's where I am getting sick again, I'm way tired. I didn't even give it my all. But at least I did 2 miles instead of none. Anyways 30 minutes is supposed to be my basic for a week. Not that I've kept to my basics

cbmare
11-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Shy, in your signature, is that a cracked egg or a white chick bending over?

veronica65
11-19-2007, 05:04 PM
i did the 3 mile super fat burner WATP todat "whew" it was quite a workout!!!
i've been really sick, & my lungs ache, from coughing so much. lol, but i pushed on through it. "thank you Jesus".
i usually try to do another one but will wait until i am feeling better.

cbmare
11-19-2007, 05:57 PM
cb
lol it is a cracked egg. 1 mile walk way the lbs done, getting ready to do the firm up fast that is at the end of the miricle mile.

:lol: I really thought it was a little white chick bending over! :o

Daimere
11-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I binged today at work. So to punish myself I made myself work hard on the 3 miles weight loss walk with weights. Somehow after work I wasn't as tired. I felt pretty good.

sxulcmnky
11-20-2007, 08:54 AM
i didn't do anything last night but throw my tire iron into the grass... flat tire, no jack in car (apparently didn't come with the car when i got it... stupid carmax) and no wheel lock key (which also should have come with the car)... ya last night was super frustrating...

the positive... i didn't binge when i was upset.

cbmare
11-20-2007, 12:16 PM
To you bingers, I hope you will be able to overcome this. I'm not one, so I really don't understand why and how this happens. Bless both your hearts.

I didn't do anything this morning but work on my quillow. I have 2 to finish by Friday.

I also found out that we are having 2 Thanksgivings this week. My kids and their families have decided they can do it on Saturday. Thursday will be with Linda and maybe a friend. Friday is at my niece's house. They will cook. Then Saturday we have to roast 2 chickens and a standing rib roast.

I want to get off work early today, do some errands then spend some destressing time with Leslie.

Shy, my mind isn't sick. I'm going blind.

veronica65
11-20-2007, 12:23 PM
i did the WATP 3 mile super fat burner again.,+an extra mile.

cbmare
11-20-2007, 02:36 PM
veronica
Nice going. I would die lol.

cb
Nice excuse lol.

Had my weigh in today. 2 more lbs gone and that was wearing jeans too lol.

Congrats on the 2 more lbs! I hate you. I can't break 170. It's been a month!

Not an excuse. It's happening and they don't know why.

cbmare
11-20-2007, 03:42 PM
"Rennie"?

cbmare
11-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Well, I failed. I wanted to come home yesterday and do a workout. I got home late from work. Well, it is a good thing that I didn't. I wouldn't have had any hot water. I'm sitting here this morning going through the yellow pages trying to find someone who can repair a Bosch tankless water heater. The Bosch site doesn't have anyone in our area. The guy who installed it has moved.

I have to go back to the town where I work to pick up a knob for our Bosch stove.

I hate Bosch. I'm so glad we didn't get a Bosch dishwasher.

Dumplin
11-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Oh no, that is the only thing I have that is Bosch ,we are building a new home ,he wanted a Bosch dishwasher, I have'nt moved in yet. I hope its not a lemon!!!

cbmare
11-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Shy, we have Sears all over this house. My dad worked for them for 35 yrs.

We are replacing that blasted Bosch. It's only 2 years old and would have been covered by the warranty but getting someone in this area to service it is next to impossible.

Can you believe it? The guy who came out last night does not charge to knock on the door. He came from 30 miles away and that 30 miles is over a mountain, so his driving time was around 1 hr 1 way.

Needless to say, he's putting in the new one hopefully tomorrow.

So, no workout again. We have to boil water to wash dishes and take birdbaths. I'll workout again when I can bathe!

4me4ben4will
11-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Okay girls. I bought a WATP DVD this summer. I did it less than 10 times and I quit. It's time to bust my a** back into gear. My endocrinologist (diabetes dr) told me a min of 30 minutes 4 days a week. I loved my WATP when I did it and quit just out of pure laziness. So, starting tomorrow, Friday, my goal is to do my WATP 4 of the next 7 days!! Keep me honest girls!

cbmare
11-23-2007, 10:46 AM
4 me, I made myself a promise to workout every day in Nov. BWAHAHAHAHA! I was doing so well until Tuesday. Our water heater went out! We should be getting the new one in today. Please God, let that happen.

When we got hot water again, I intend to workout then take a nice shower and wash my hair!

Then start preparing for tomorrow's Thanksgiving part two.

veronica65
11-24-2007, 05:05 PM
i did the WATP super fat burner 3 mile {x2}. yesterday, to make up for nothing on Thanksgiving day. lol
today i didn't get to do nothing, i got to cleaning up after the Thanksgiving day, and it took most of my day. so only calories i burned was cleaning sinks & toilets, etc.... lol

Back on Track
11-25-2007, 09:15 AM
The " Rennie plan " is the me plan. I made it up. I live with it lol. I don't do without a thing lol.

Does that mean you allow yourself anything in moderation? Is that and WATP how you have lost your weight so far? (Congratulations by the way!)

cbmare
11-26-2007, 11:02 AM
FINALLY GOT A WORKOUT?! I got up this morning and did the Walk Slim 2 fast miles. It's been a week since I worked out. I really thought I'd squeeze some in over the weekend. However, with 2 Thanksgivings it was just too overwhelming. I got up this morning and went out to that backroom. It was so cold! I had to keep my robe on until after the warmup. I don't think my hands defrosted until 15 minutes into the workout.

My calves are a bit tight. I didn't think they'd tighten up in only a week.

PurdueGirl98
11-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Well ladies Im back once again, fell off the wagon big time, new LONG hours at work, but Im back and dedicated to my walking. I did the 1 mile express today for a refresher!

sxulcmnky
11-27-2007, 07:24 AM
well after a week off... i started the videos again last night. i did the 1 mile express... i loved it (new one i got in the mail right before thanksgiving). i think i *might* try the 2 mile one of that tonight... i felt like i was done before i knew it.

also, rather than making myself do the videos every day, i'm going to goal for 3days a week... if i do more great, but if not i won't feel super bad about it... then as i get better, i can do more :D YAY!

cbmare
11-27-2007, 10:57 AM
We got up this morning and started the Walk Slim 2 Fast Miles. Poor boobalah is still having trouble breathing. That lung infection really took a tole on him. We did 1 mile and then went to the stretch. I think he is going to be sitting out a bit longer. I think he should. It's very cold in that back room and breathing in cold air just makes it worse.

I think I'll do the 3 miler tomorrow morning. That is, if this cold I'm trying to take will settle down.

PurdueGirl98
11-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Did the 1 Mile Get up and Get Started with Weights today.

JAYAGODDESS
11-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Hey everyone... can I join??

sxulcmnky
11-28-2007, 11:09 AM
so yay! i did the 2 mile express last night... it was the first time i got through the 2 mile without quitting... i was so excited and proud of myself afterwards :D

cbmare
11-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Welcome Jay! I'm in the Bay Area. Where are you?

I was seriously considering blowing it off today. However, my brain started nagging me because I left the heater on overnight. That room is so blasted cold in the winter. My brain was nagging me about the money I spent in electricity to heat that room overnight and I'd better work out.

So, up at 6 and stompin' with Leslie and the 2 mile express by 6:15.

I'm not going to leave the heater on any more. I was talking with boobalah and asked him how much that would run up the bill. I can't justify $20 - $30/mo. He's going to look into a heavy duty timer. The one we have is for lamps and that heater draws too much amperage to put on the timer we have.

cbmare
11-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Hey shy! I see your egg butt shows you lost some more weight. Congrats!

The "Rennie" diet is working well for you.

sxulcmnky
11-28-2007, 01:08 PM
shy- thanks... ya i was super excited... i was all like "i just walked 2 miles" to my bf whom called me *right* in the middle of it (after i called him bacck).. and instead of me stopping because my phoner rang, i kept going...

sxulcmnky
11-29-2007, 07:25 AM
shy-

yes she was talking to you :D

and as for people joining in or bothering me... i don't have a certain time i do the video at home.. just sometime after i get home from work.... being at work at 630 makes working out in the morning hard... considering i *hate* waking up early. but when the bf called and i told him what i was doing he knew i was going to get off the phone with him lol. he *will* be doing one with me this weekend...

cbmare
11-29-2007, 10:57 AM
I woke up at 5 and knew it was too early. The next thing I knew, it was 6:30! I did the Fast Firm with the stretchie. I was standing and working out next to the little heater. I'm glad boobalah found a timer for it. It was set to come on at 4:30 so the room wasn't too terribly bad this morning.

cbmare
11-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Maybe it does make sense. Does the 3 mile start out the same as the 2? I've notice that some are a continuation of the 1 and 2 mile. Others get reved up faster so that at 2 miles you are really working hard. The slow down starts at 2 /12 miles.

MAMA BEAR
11-29-2007, 05:18 PM
are you going to be putting one up for December & if you are then I will do my best to come in and check in with all of you as I have these VIDEOS and I LOVE THEM too !!

cbmare
11-29-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm sure somebody will. There wasn't one for Nov., so I started it. Anyone can start it.

Please do come in and WATP with us.

cbmare
11-29-2007, 06:49 PM
cb
Keep the heat off will make you run faster lol. The pace it pretty much the same I think but you do a lot more of the aerobic moves.

I think you've been hanging around cracked chickie butts too much. :lol: The fast firm is not a lot of movement. You work the entire time with the stretchie.

Not sure what I'll do tomorrow. The room is down in the 30s and 40s so my fingers start getting frost bite. The heater brings it up to about 55. That's cold enough thank you very much.

sxulcmnky
11-29-2007, 08:56 PM
shy - ya they're awesome.

tonight i did the 1 mile express :D

cbmare
11-30-2007, 12:18 PM
I braved the snowless tundra of a backroom this morning. I did the 3 mile WAT Waist with the belt. It's about 45 - 48 minutes and a good workout. I had to keep my robe on for the first 1/2 mile.

MAMA BEAR
11-30-2007, 01:11 PM
thank you for the notes ladies ... I will do my best to come back in and share !!

cbmare
11-30-2007, 04:20 PM
cb
I am going to have to get those.

I had a Mc Donald's egg nog shake today. Oh my gosh was it yummmy.

Get what?

So, how many calories and fat did you consume on that one?

MAMA BEAR
11-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Just wanted to STOP IN before dinner and telll you that I did manage to get in 2 miles this afternoon ... It hurt but I'm going to try & get in some more tonight before bedtime !! So, take care and see you all sometime soon !! :hug:

cbmare
11-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Don't overdo it too much in the beginning, especially if you are hurting. Soreness is one thing, pain is another. You may want to ask some of the pros on here about how much exercise is good for your body. I've heard that after about 30-40 minutes that it isn't as effective any longer.

There are plenty on here in the exercise section that can give you some great advice.

Congrats on making it the 2 miles.

MAMA BEAR
11-30-2007, 08:33 PM
thank you ladies ...

JAYAGODDESS
11-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Good Evening All ,:wave:

So far two days in a row I have changed my eating habbit, and going to the gym. To me that is huge because I love CHOCOLATE, SODA, and basically junk food. So I got fresh everything such as fruits and veggies, and started counting my calories....man that is tough ..but keeping a log really helps. I am still trying to look online to see how much calories are in like a cup of chicken. I went to the gym and worked out for like a half hour, because I am just starting out. Its funny there was girl next to me that was running on her treadmill and it didnt even look like she was breaking a sweat...hahaha...so I was like ok here we gooooooo.....!! :)

Thank you for the warm welcome

sxulcmnky
12-03-2007, 08:35 AM
i did the 1mile express last night... i was slacking all weekend though.

sxulcmnky
12-04-2007, 08:55 AM
did the 2 mile express last night

sxulcmnky
12-06-2007, 08:36 AM
i did the 2 mile express last night

will do it again today seeing as i am playing hookie from work due to a migraine this morning when i woke up... and now that it's gone, i don't feel like dealing with the ice on the roads :D