Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-31-2007, 09:59 PM   #1  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Default I am THE Biggest Loser

One of my milestones was to get down to 241lbs. This would put me at a 52.74% body weight loss (270lbs). Of all the Seasons of Biggest Loser (USA/Australia), Erik of New York (lost 214lbs) had a weight loss of 52.48%. I have lost more on my own without having to be on TV!

Since today was Halloween, we had a contest at work (voting starts tomorrow). I decided to dress as my former fat self. This took me 20 mins to get dressed today!
  1. Wore my baggy blue jeans, to give my legs more definition
  2. attached a huge pillow to my stomach, wrapped it up in batting, tied it together on my chest with my large belt
  3. Put my original favorite clothes on (Blue shirt, grey sweats)
  4. Attached padding airbags to my shoulders to give my shoulders a more broad look to it
  5. wrapped a bath towel in my rear to give me a more rounded and cellulite look to it
  6. Wore my favorite (size 4X) plaid jacket, to cover up my skinny arms

This bought back some weird memories.
Driving to work was my 1st hurdle, I had to use the tilt steering in order to drive.
Going to the potty was a chore, I had to pull up on my belly in order to _______ (I wont get graphic, fill in the blank yourself!)

I could not cross my legs, I had NO lap!

I type for a living. I have some mild arthritis in my right shoulder. Since I pulled my arm forward so much to type, I was in pain. I had to get my arthritic meds!

Later I went to Subway to have my Salad/Soup dinner. I really had to force myself into a booth to sit down. I had to bring the food up to my face, as I could not bend over to eat it.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by FresnoBeeDude; 10-31-2007 at 10:01 PM.
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:38 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Wow... You've come a long way. I agree, that must have been a little strange. But it's probably given you some perspective into what you've gained by losing.

And best of luck on the costume voting!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

WOW you have done awesome. Thats a good way of checking your progress for sure.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Wow your progress is amazing! That was a great idea for Halloween lol.
akcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:29 AM   #5  
Finally on my way!!

S/C/G: 340/322/185

Height: 5' 10"

Amazing! Absolutely terrific for you! I bet your doctor is highly impressed, as he should be! Your story is inspiring to everyone.
firehorse66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:02 AM   #6  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 261/259/155

Height: 5'5"

You are an inspiration! Congratulations!

That's a fun idea for a Halloween costume too. I can't imagine anything scarier than putting my lost weight back on. EEEEK!!
SkiniJeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #7  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Firstly congratulations on the weight loss and your such an inspiration thank you for that. Thank you for sharing your Halloween costume photograph.

I think the costume was a big journey in itself and showed you how far you have come in your weight loss journey. When you are overweight you just except all the things like putting your steer wheel on tilt to drive the car. You never seem to question the fact you can't do something.

But if you were like me a light bulb went on in my head and said I do not want to live my life that way any more. So the journey began to lose the weight.

Good luck with the rest of your journey and reaching your goals you so deserve it for being so motivated and inspirational.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #8  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

Such an inspiration! Thanks for showing us there IS a reason we are working so hard in the first place! Sometimes we forget when the going gets tough and we need a reminder!

Heidi
(from down south in Porterville )
doIlookfat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Size 16/Size 16/Size 12

Height: 5'7"

Wow!!! If you can lose 270lbs then I can lose 36lbs!!!

thank you it's people like you who I will need to read about to keep me going on my weight & fat loss
JenJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #10  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Congratulations on your losses! What an interesting idea for a costume! I don't want to ever go back there myself, not even in costume, but it seems like it was an eye-opening experience for you. There are so many ways that we have to work around being obese. It's easy to forget all of the difficulties that come from being obese, but an event like would make it all come back.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 191/183/139

Height: 5'5"

Wow!
MiaRocks is offline   Reply With Quote