Old 10-31-2007, 09:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/294/160

Height: 5'8

Default Thinking about using LAWL

Hey there,

I'm new to 3FC as well as Thinking about using LAWL. Just wondering what all LAWL users think of it? I need to firgure out if it is the right programme for me, I have tried to do it myself with no luck, I think I need more support and structure.

thanxx all
Mandy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:43 PM   #2  
Cathy

S/C/G: 222/198.4/142

Height: 5'1

Hi Mandy and welcome,

I joined LA on August 9th and I believe in the program. It works. I am down 25 pounds in 3 months. I could have never done that on my own. I had tried just about everything out there with no success. And what I like about this program its a way to live and it is attainable This group is amazing as well. Good luck and welcome aboard.
Catway8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi Mandy,

I have been on LAWL since January. I think it is a pretty good program and have lost about 30 lbs so far and kept it off. If you are looking into buying into the program with a center, the accountability can be a big help.

The food plans are healthy and you will be eating grocery store food. It is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. It teaches you how to eat properly and control portions...but you will not likely feel hungry. For me, my biggest complaint is having to eat so much.

My only suggestions would be to go into the center prepared. Read through some of the posts here, especially the ones tagged above.

The centers will ask you how much you want to lose, and base the cost of the program (how many weeks you buy) on that data. They will figure it out to be 2 lbs a week. If you join, they will ask you to pay up front for the entire term you agree to. They do have other options such as credit, but the interest is pretty high. The centers will then try to sell you bulk la lites. The la lites are protein bars that come in different flavours. I have tried them, and did like them - but could not afford them so I am doing an all food program. It is either do the lites (2 a day) or not at all. There are threads in this forum on pros and cons of the LA Lites if you would like to do a search.

Good luck, and wishing you fantastic weight loss!
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #4  
Purple with Lites

Hello Mandy,

I really like the program. It works for me -- I know all I have to do is stay on the plan and I will reliably lose between one to three pounds weekly. I know this because I successfully lost 32 pounds with LAWL in 2005. At that point I was not finished losing but I moved to a location where there was no center and failed to continue the plan on my own -- lesson learned, this is a change for life! I am recommitted to this plan since September 2007. I find it easy to understand the program and given all of these things, I believe it's worth all the money I paid and all I went through to get the information...and I paid a lot $$$ ! I encourage you to read this thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104658 which explains the program well.

Regarding their products, I use the LA Lite bars but I don't care much for the other Lite products (soup, hot chocolate, shakes) -- though many people do like them, and I do not use any LAWL supplements. There are products that are similar in nutritional content to the bars and / or have less sugar and can be less expensive that can be used in place of the bars, which can be costly. There are a few threads with substitute product information. Here is one to begin with: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70537

Services at my center were lacking. Keep in mind all centers are different and I encourage you to approach your center with an open mind. I don't have anything against them trying to sell their product because they're in the business to make money. My counselors were not particularly good at counseling - I met with some average to good ones but was markedly impressed by how many of them are just awful. Also, it seemed like they went through a lot of counselors, lots of new faces arriving and familiar faces no longer there. Maybe they should be called associates, then I would not presume they would do counseling. At my center I was not measured reliably or regularly, I was not given the information sheet on "Take Off" until months in to the program. They didn't seem to read my chart or take much of an interest in helping me lose the weight, I felt like a number or like just another in the herd of people coming through their doors. It's a business; if you decide to purchase the program just remember you are their customer...you have hired them to provide a service in addition to any products you choose to purchase. You should ask for and get what you want out of it.

Even will all that said, this program works for me better than anything I have ever tried, and I have tried a lot of programs! I really believe this is a lifestyle change and that I can do this plan for the rest of my life. I can't tell you what a relief that is! Also, I have read on the LAWL forum that many people have counselors who are helpful and thoughtful. Hopefully your closest center is more like these other centers.

If I had it to do over again and based only on my own experiences, I would not utilize my center for the long term. I would get the plan by using LA at Home or by signing up for a minimum amount or limited time program (I am not familiar with what these programs may be at this time and/or in your area) and continue on my own to save the money. In my experience the center does not add much value and they're not going to be there for the rest of my life anyway. Also, some centers close and leave their clients with nothing but bars that were prepaid. Certainly some people like the accountability of going to the center, which after the limited program if it's decided you value their input I am sure they'll be willing to sign you up for the additional weight loss, stabilization and maintenance weeks. I am sure many would say they have had great experiences at their center and they value their center, so just want to emphasize this is my opinion based on my experiences.

I heartily encourage you to try LAWL, I am so glad I did. Feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions.
AvidKayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #5  
Tina

Hi Mandy,
I've been on LAWL since the beginning of September and think it's great. I've lost 16 pounds and over 13 inches already and find it a very reasonable program that still allows you to eat out and enjoy life. The counsellors at my centre have been great and are all very positive and motivating, even if I've gained or veared off plan. I've tried every diet out there and this one feels less like a diet and more like a healthy eating plan than any of the others I've done and I've seen the best and most consistent results with LAWL.

I use the lites because I have a sweet tooth and need that but I didn't let them talk me into the bulk purchase or the supplements. Their products are way too expensive so I use the Luna bars alot more often instead to keep the cost down. Same with the supplements, I just take a multivitamin and a calcium supplement that I get at the drugstore for a fraction of the cost.
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote