Support Groups - any newbies wanna start a new group?

andreaphilip3
10-31-2007, 04:13 PM
hello:)

ive been a vet of this site for awhile, and ive recently lost my support group due to inactivity and i really need a place to fit in and none of the existing ones seem to fit so if anyone wants to form a group let me know:)

letthethingirlout
10-31-2007, 04:43 PM
HI what kind of group did you have in mind? I am new to this website and would love to be part of a new group....and since i am new here I am not quite sure where I'd fit in either especially since everyone seems to already know eachother..... I could use lotsa support and I am here to support .....and hope to make some new friends along the way:):dancer: & have a little fun while doing it all.....:dust:

p.s. happy halloween to everyone!

jessiebug
10-31-2007, 05:08 PM
:haphal:

I just joined this group a week or so ago. I would love to join in a group. I am here for support and to give support. Let me know what is up and feel free to private message me.

specialkl1965
10-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Hi all, would luv join in a good support group. Just signed up today and need all the help I can get. I am always good at giving advice.

Hiljaisuus Maa
10-31-2007, 05:49 PM
Sounds like fun. I just joined about a week ago and I'd love to be in this group.

Jersygirl
10-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Would absolutely love to join a group.... I just joined today, and I am not sure where I would fit in.... just tell me what I need to do.

slim n up
10-31-2007, 06:49 PM
I would love to join also, just joined this sight 2 days ago, and I need all the motivation I can get.

Wilma

Lollapalooza
10-31-2007, 07:20 PM
:carrot:Hi All. I would love to join in a group also! I joined the site last week, but have just kind of read a few posts. Let me know what the link forum name is once you start.

ezopp01
10-31-2007, 07:22 PM
i just joined today and would like to part of a group as well. im doing weight watchers and have lost 37.8ibs so far but it has been hard. so great support would be wonderful.erin

letthethingirlout
11-01-2007, 12:00 AM
please let me know how to join also.....what "thread" (if that is what you call the title of the group) to look under, etc. you can private message me as well to let me know just what to do....
looking forward to supporting all the newbies in the group!!!.....big hug...

LoserChick
11-01-2007, 01:02 AM
I have been peeking in here every now and then for the last few days. I am going for Lap RNY surgery on Nov 13th. Its been a struggle for me .. I had to quit smoking, which i had done for 24 years so needless to say i was cranky.. And as of monday i had to start my two week preop liquid only diet. Now i dont know what i want more ... a smoke or Food? Any way was just looking for someone who has been in my shoes or is In my shoes and would like to chat or anything like that...

planet claire
11-01-2007, 01:21 AM
I would love to join! I'm not entirely sure what it would entail, but let me know and count me in! Feel free to PM me.

Jersygirl
11-01-2007, 09:01 AM
i just joined today and would like to part of a group as well. im doing weight watchers and have lost 37.8ibs so far but it has been hard. so great support would be wonderful.erin

Hey ezopp01, I am also doing weight watchers.... yesterday was my 1st day, but I was not that successful. I took my daughter to a birthday party, did not have any cake, but did have some fried chicken.. I am on the straight and arrow now.... any advise for a fried food loving, potatoe chip eating, soda drinking junkie....:^:

kmac1196
11-01-2007, 09:12 AM
I'd be in, too. Are we officially a group?

katmeow
11-01-2007, 09:19 AM
jersygirl... are you doing core or flex?

Lollapalooza
11-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Morning All,

I am checking with the original ring leader to see what we need to do for all of us posting here. I am excited to start up with all of you. Healthy thoughts to all today.

L

specialkl1965
11-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Hey all,

Hope everyone had a great evening. I was able to stick on plan. (which everyday is a plus);)

Jerseygirl don't give up yet. Starting is the hardest step.

ezopp01 way to go on you current weight lost.

I am also doing Weight Watchers (the flex plan).

Jersygirl
11-01-2007, 11:08 AM
jersygirl... are you doing core or flex?

Flex.... I thought that would be best for me....

Lollapalooza
11-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Well I found you can't get new forums right now as they are trying to cut back a little. We can post new threads off of this one or just stay in this one. You also can't email anyone until you post 10 times. :?:

Sooo Andrea from the first post any suggestions?

Jersygirl
11-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Wow.... that is awful... I really wanted to start a new group.... oh well we will have to make the best of things... but this board is so big... I had a hard time finding this thread...

Jersygirl
11-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Hey all,

Hope everyone had a great evening. I was able to stick on plan. (which everyday is a plus);)

Jerseygirl don't give up yet. Starting is the hardest step.

ezopp01 way to go on you current weight lost.

I am also doing Weight Watchers (the flex plan).

Hey Special K.... can tell me a daily plan of yours.... since I just started I will tell you one of mine so you can see if I am okay... but I guess it really doesn't matter as long as you are keeping to your allotted point value.

B 2 turkey sausage (4) Oatmeal (2)

S 100 Calorie Snack (2)

L Turkey burger (6)with cheese (2)and bread (4)

S 100 Calorie Snack (2)

D Grilled Pork Chop (5) Lima Beans (1)

dizzybizzylady
11-01-2007, 11:48 AM
did you guys officially start a newbie group? cause id like to be in too. THANKS

Lollapalooza
11-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey All,

You can click on new posts and look for our Any newbies want to start a new group > then introductions. Not the best way, but I am still working on trying to find an easier way. If anyone else comes up with something let me know.

PS I totally stunk at WW today. I am doing flex. We have 6 bags of candy and had no trickortreaters last night. I was in a tootsie roll hostage situation. I did run up and down 16 stairs to get one each time though as my office is in the basement. Still...a bad day. I hope the scale forgives me in the morning.

dubh
11-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi everyone, I would also like to join a group to keep me motivated and to help motivate others.

Although I am watching calories, I am mainly trying to lose weight through exercise. It has been going well, but that's because it is new. I get very into things and then I stop and forget about it.

Keep me informed about what happens with the group,

Thanks!

Jersygirl
11-02-2007, 02:35 PM
For all of us newbies... are we going to do a weekly weigh in? Just curious, because I am also doing WW and we do weigh ins.

geekgirl127
11-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Can I join in too :) I'm definatelly looking for a support group

Lollapalooza
11-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Morning All,

I'd say we are a group since we all keep posting here. LOL. If anyone finds a way for us to get into our own little Forum, let us all know so we can move.

I need to go to the grocery store and plan menus for WW. I have been so bad at following my points just because I wait too long to eat, then eat whatever is quick. Tootsie rolls with a bottle of healthy water... chips and a diet pop (of course), etc. You know good food choices.

I am beginning my walking regimen with the dog again so I hope by next Tuesday at least one little pound will have jumped ship. (Chest, stomach, backside, you get the picture, where ever it wants, just get off.);)

If anyone tries any new recipes that are good, let me know. I have ordered some WW recipe books from other libraries and am waiting for them to come in at my library. I have gone through a few and sometimes only find one or two recipes that are of interest to me.

Have a good day everyone and positive thoughts your way for success.

Sandi43
11-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi Everyone. If you are still letting new people join in, then here I am. I have about 20 pounds to shed and need lots of support as I am going to try W.W. on my own at home. I don't know if I can do it without the structure of a meeting but I am reaaly going to try.I plan to start on Monday of next week. (why is it a person always starts on Monday? lol)
I also have started to do some walking tapes by Leslie Sansone and I do go to Curves 3 times a week. Should say I did go 3 times a week but have pinched a nerve (so the doc says) so have not been going to Curves as often the past month.
Looking forward to meeting everyone here and getting and giving support. Enjoy the day.

CyndiM
11-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Count me in too! I just joined about a week ago. Am doing South Beach and started 10/1. I'm a somewhat chronic dieter - my first diet was when I was 12! I haven't dieted in several years now and really want a plan I can live with. That's what attracted me to SBD. So far I've lost 15 lbs, but am feeling a little stuck already.

Glad to meet you all

:comp:

Jane
11-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Hi ladies,

Since this area is meant for introductions, please join the Miscellaneous Club area under Support Groups. You may join one of the existing clubs, or make up a new name for yourselves. Once you get over there, be sure and take advantage of the bio and birthday threads. :)

Edited to add: If you want to start your own group, you can stay here while you decide a name for it. :yes: Then, if you will, take it to the Misc. Clubs. A big thanks, ladies. :)

Sandi43
11-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Has the group moved and found a name yet? If so where?
Thanks

Jersygirl
11-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Have not heard anything, but I am waiting to see.... I don't have any names or even any suggestions for a name..... waiting patiently.... : )

Dina 556
11-06-2007, 04:05 PM
LoserChick, I have been thru it...a couple years ago. I think you'll really be happy with it. You still have to work at it tho.

PM me when you get a chance.

I would love to join the group too.

Good luck LoserChick.

Dina

Sexyshado
11-06-2007, 04:31 PM
I too would love to join this group. I am new here. Just offically started my calorie counting yesterday, but I can't seem to motivate myself to exercise. I could really use the support of others as my husband's attempt at trying to help motivate me really sucks.

Hope to chat with you all soon.

Dina 556
11-06-2007, 05:00 PM
I have the same problem, SexyShado. I keep saying I'm going to go exercising (Curves) and just don't go. I swear I'm going tomorrow. lol I'm going to take my clothes out that I will wear and keep them out...this way I might run out of excuses. Tomorrow is my goal to go exercising.

Good luck!

Dina

mamichula0633
11-06-2007, 05:47 PM
hi, new member here as well. I got like 71 lbs to go, I am new here and at this thread thing so if you guys can direct me to the link once the group forms I would be delighted to join.

My name is karina and well I started last night. I realized how much weight I've put this last year. I had my daughter a year ago and still have not lost the baby fat. I really want to loose the weight, I joined LA Weight loss but stopped going due to financial reasons. Could anyone describe the purple plan for me? it was working very well for me so if anyone has it around please msg me with it.
Well thank you girls for your time, if you ever need someone to talk to, msg me :) Karina

Dina 556
11-07-2007, 12:41 PM
I haven't heard of anything either. Maybe just use this thread? lol

I finally made it to Curves this morning. FINALLY!!! I took it easy tho..just one time around the equipment. I just got over a back problem. So far so good.

Please let me know about the new thread.

Dina

MsShes2BigShes2Thin
11-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Hey I'm pretty new too, I want to be part of the group just let me know :D Good luck everyone!

candlegal
11-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Hi, this is my first time on a thread of any kind. I am starting my path to a new life on Monday. I am going a medically monitered weight loss program at a hospital in my town. I have a long way to go but know that it is something I want to do and according to my cardiologist I have to do this.

I need all the support I can get. My husband says he is supportive and I guess in his way he is, but for me I need more.

Can I join your group????

Dina 556
11-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi Candlegal. A lot of us here have a long way to go too. We're here to help each other and receive help. Sure you can join.

Wishing you luck.

Dina 556

Sexyshado
11-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Guess we've been moved... Well suppose this thread will work till someone comes up with a name and starts a new thread.

The past couple of days have been pretty hard, trying to cut back on soda and cigarettes while counting calories and execising, is no easy task. I realized yesterday how bad I needed to do it, when I had to hike up the mountain at my in-laws to help my husband put his hunting shack on a platform. I had my 2 kids with me and I couldn't even keep up with my 4yr old. :o

Dina_556: grats on finally making yourself go to curves. Hope you are able to stay motivated to keep going, even if it is one time around. Every little bit helps.

Dina 556
11-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks SexyShado. I didn't go to Curves today because I didn't sleep well last night. I was up 1am til 4:30. I'm beat, but you know, I could have gone if I really wanted to. bummer.

I will try again for Monday.

Sounds to me like what you did yest. would have worn anyone out, SS. It certainly would have worn me out.

Are you trying to quit smoking as well as diet at the same time?

Dina

Sexyshado
11-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Yes, I was trying to replace all bad habits with good ones. I was always afraid to quit smoking, for fear that I was going to pack on the pounds. I am a pack-a-day smoker w/asthma.... I know, I know... It wasn't the smartest idea in the world, but I have dealt with it for the past 9 years. Now with my 2 kids, I can't even keep up with them, I have to stop every 5 min to catch my breath.

Don't you just hate when you are like wide awake in the middle of the night? I know I do and then it makes me cry to think that my kids will be up in a couple hours (they get up between 5 and 6am).

Mom2Gaby
11-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Just wanted to pop in and welcome you to 3fc!
Best on getting a newbie group started and to invite you to the Back In Kindergarten thread.

You are welcome to join us, we aren't to scary:yikes:

Good Luck on your weight loss journey!!

Jane
11-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi Not-So-Newbies, :)

I see you made it over her with no trouble at all. When you decide on a new name, I can change it in the thread title, or you're welcome to start a brand new thread with the new group name. Also, we can start post for you in the bio thread. If you need anything, just PM Marti, Ellis or me and we'll be happy to help.

Dina 556
11-12-2007, 01:15 PM
I started a new thread for us newbies. It's called "Newbies Join Together." It's located in "Support Groups."

Everyone is welcome.

Dina 556

neurotictigg
02-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Just joined a couple of days ago so I would sooo love to part of a newbie group. My name is Genny (with a G) I want a fitness and weight counter so bad but I have to post 25 first and wait 30 days that sucks. My start date is March 1st, however I am not doing any formal plan since I have servere anxiety issues I jsut want to ease in to it so I am joining a gym and my march goal is NO POP and to bring my lunch to work each day and to drink more water. FOR A START!!

LexyS
02-29-2008, 11:57 AM
:carrot:Sure!!!