LA Weight Loss - POP Challenge Oct 30-Nov 5

View Full Version : POP Challenge Oct 30-Nov 5

amylou7777
10-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Ok- I don't even care if anybody else is up for this-I NEED to have somewhere to report on here. I have been nibbling on chips, chocolate chips etc like nobody's business the past three days. I have another exam coming up and I'm not going to let it get the best of me. So here it is-a 6 day challenge from here to Monday. We need to get through Halloween and the weekend. I need to see a loss on that scale or I'm going to go crazy.

If you succeed-let us know at the end of the day! I'm starting today and would love to ecourage you all and have you all keep me on track!

POP means perfect-no cheating! If you have an OP day and that's a victory-let us know that too!

ok-starting now!

MomOfThreeTeens
10-30-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm in Amy! The wedding last weekend about did me in! I said it was a celebration an excuse to eat what I wanted. Which would have been fine if it had only lasted a couple of days! I think I've probably eaten 5 pounds of wedding cake! LOL I told my family either eat it or I was throwing it in the trash! I'd love to get down a few pounds so I can enjoy myself a little over the holidays. Right now I just need to focus on getting back to my goal :cry:

Mama Nicole
10-30-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm in. I usually steer away from challenges, as I am not too good at them, but I have been journaling everyday, and staying OP.......so I guess I can step it up to POP. Should we post our menus in the daily menu thread, or just report here if we stayed OP?

chica33
10-30-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm in too! I want to be slimmer for my cousin's wedding Thanksgiving weekend! Plus we are having a crazy weekend...symphony Friday night and Bridal shower on Saturday. Lots of temptations and I dont want to give into them! I know what they will be serving so I just have to pre-plan.
We can do this...skinny for christmas and new years, that is what we have to keep telling ourselves!

chiquita623
10-30-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm in too. Haven't been doing too awful bad lately but if I'm accountable to someone maybe that will be the little voice telling me that I really don't need that piece of candy that keeps calling to me!! POP until the 5th. I can do this.

emmysmom
10-30-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm in, too. I need to get back on track!

aguerin
10-30-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm in Ladies. I have been having some on plan cheats (extra dairy, etc) cause I am stress eating. I even had to do a TO Fri/Sat to get back down from my cheats last week and after that, ate extra on Sunday cause the scale was back down. :rollpin:

Anyway, I'm back from DC. Travel is over for a while and I need to get back POP. Thanks for the challenge AmyLou. :)

AvidKayaker
10-30-2007, 03:54 PM
I am in too. My bday was last week and although I had mostly POP days I did indulge a bit. So far today I have been POP...I just need lots of POP days in a row and I'll be slipping into smaller sizes before I know it. Okay, giving the fun size bag of Whoppers in my desk to my colleague right now...heee heee those are my favorite...thanks for keeping me POP. ;)

LizzyW
10-30-2007, 06:50 PM
I am SO in on this one. I have been POP since yesterday. Birthday party and soccer end of session party did me in on starches. And wouldn't you know it, we got the rest of the cake from the soccer party. Talk about temptation. Luckily Dan had taken it to work, but not after having a little bit of it as well.

amylou7777
10-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Yay! We can SO do this ladies. I'm thinking of posting my diary-with the measurements so that I don't fib-but I know it's a pain so don't worry about doing it if you don't want to! We all just need to be honest withourselves and try to get back to basics for the next week and then try our darndest to have a repeat performance next week, and the week after that and the....ok we get it.

Remember to get that water in and stay consistent with how much you drink. I need to go get some lemons so I can start that up again!

So far so good for today...gotta figure out dinner! GL

Tuesday Cool
10-30-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm in. I love having a goal and challenging myself to get there! If I set my WL as a game it helps push me forward.
I was POP yesterday and today! I little over in salt but I drank extra water to compensate.
Onward! Tues

Kim0303
10-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Thanks for starting this Amy. I just had a big talk with my family about sabataging me! To much fat girl food in my house!!! Then skinny daughter delights in telling me what she had for dinner which is my favorite food in the world and my favorite dessert that I haven't seen around here in 2 years. I ask her if she was having fun driving me crazy. Oh my Gosh, I really want the desert too. I could have choked her. I have been nibbling like crazy. Haven't lossed anything in the past month accepted what I gained when I went off plan and now I can't stop nibbling. HELP!!!!

EmilyLashea
10-31-2007, 12:50 AM
I'm in ladies... POP for the rest of the week! :)

amylou7777
10-31-2007, 12:50 AM
Kim-POP challenge to the rescue! I've been in the exact same position. I gained 3lbs the first week of the month celebrating anniversary and my best friend's bday...I think I've finally lost that-but the scale wont budge any more! So we've got to get back to basics. Bust out that scale and start measuring! No more bites of things that are not on plan!

I am extremely proud to report a POP day today. It's the first one in about 5 days so I'm feeling back in it.

Take it day by day. Meal by meal. Bite by bite! We'll get there.

amylou7777
10-31-2007, 12:51 AM
Yay Emily! No midnight snacks while dbf is at work! ;)

shshshhh
10-31-2007, 02:08 AM
I am definitely in too. I love these mini challenges, they really help keep me on track. Just getting back from vacation, chinese food, pizza, birthday cake, I need this one for real.

Thanks, Amy, great idea.
Roberta

EmilyLashea
10-31-2007, 03:11 AM
well i wouldn't need a midnight snack if i could go to sleep!! :frown:

EmilyLashea
10-31-2007, 03:12 AM
well i don't know why that didn't make a frown, but you get the picture.. :(

EmilyLashea
10-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Good morning :)

I got up this morning & did 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 on the stationery bike.. Now I'm having a nice OP breakfast [2pc. turkey bacon, grits, and a peach]

This was a great idea Amy.. Accountability is a must for me at this point in time.. it's so easy for me to get sidetracked!! :crazy:

chica33
10-31-2007, 02:02 PM
Ok so yesterday I did take off and stayed POP the entire day!
Today...POP so far, hope to keep it that way all day. WI tomorrow, hoping the scale is down!

chiquita623
10-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Well ladies - I was not POP yesterday but am so far today. We can do this!!!

aguerin
10-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Ladies:

I was POP yesterday if I am counting exchanges from my maintenance plan. Problem is, I need to get a few lbs off from the weekend. But still POP. Just close to TOM and I want to eat everything in sight.

Does anybody have a problem with if you eat, you want to eat more, but if you don't eat, you can do without it? It just seems like, if I ever eat something, I want to continue eating until I am stuffed. When TOM especially.

I may have to plan another TO tomorrow and then try to stick POP after that. I am up the 3 lbs I lost for the Halloween Challenge.

chiquita623
10-31-2007, 03:31 PM
I do that too Amy. If I don't eat then it's like I forget all about it and don't feel hungry or the need to eat. But once I start eating, look out I'm on a feeding schedule so don't get in my way!!!

I can't do TO (it gives me migraines) so the COD told me today to drink 4 oz juice and 4 oz water every day for 8 days but count it as 2 fruits and it would give me the same benefit as doing TO. Gonna start that tomorrow and see how that goes. I'll let you know in 8 days.

shshshhh
10-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Ladies:

Does anybody have a problem with if you eat, you want to eat more, but if you don't eat, you can do without it? It just seems like, if I ever eat something, I want to continue eating until I am stuffed. When TOM especially.

I thought I was the only one like this. I can go all day (before LAWL) not eating and once i start, I couldn't stop. Especially carbs, for some reason. Happened when I had a procedure that I had to prep and then do liquid diet for 2 days. I was thrilled because I lost 6 pounds in those two days, then I ate (and ate,and ate, .....)

Roberta

bradleys mom
10-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Okaaaay you talked me into it... lol... All that halloween candy has got me feeling reallllly guilt (and a little sick to my stomach!!!!) I am starting tomorrow! (11/1)

EmilyLashea
10-31-2007, 10:27 PM
POP for me today so far.. I have a starch and a dairy left so I'm going to have some cheese and crackers and call it a night. I had a whole bag of my favorite candy (Sweet Tarts) for the Trick-or-Treaters sitting in front of me at work for the past 3 hours with noone to stop me from digging in and I have resisted, so I'm very proud of myself!! :cp:

Good night all!

AvidKayaker
11-01-2007, 12:11 AM
I was not POP today, had a bite of cookie but it wasn't even tasty so didn't finish it. I had SF hard candy when I craved sweets, which helped. So much food today at work, potluck, open house, and little jack-o-lanterns full of candy seemingly in every office...so although I had some cookie it could have been MUCH worse. Tomorrow's another day!

amylou7777
11-01-2007, 02:05 AM
wow 2 days of POP and I am startin to feel good!!

Liz, Roberta-glad you are joining us!! Anyone else who feels the need to be accountable come on down!

Amy, Emily, Laurie-CONGRATS! You made it through Halloween POP!! I could not believe that I was passing out snickers and reeses and kit kats to all of those kids and did not have a SINGLE piece!! VICTORY! This challenge is what did it. Luckily I saved a lite for the evening time and ate it as soon as I felt like I was going to give in! We still have candy left...going to make dbf take it to work!

Kimberly-glad you are going to join in! We are so close to the holidays-we have to get back into being POP everyday!

Lisa-way to put mind over matter and stop eating when you realized it wasn't good enough to cheat!

Amy-it's TOM for me too and it makes me feel like I have a hallow leg. Nothing fills me up! I am starving right now and out of food to eat. I just keep telling myself "this too shall pass"-I'm not going to die!

Ok ladies-let's make it 3 days! Watch those nibbles!

I'm going to try to promise to post my diary tomorrow as an extra incentive to be POP.

Night!

aguerin
11-01-2007, 09:19 AM
O.K., I made it through day two (10/31) being POP. Even passed out some Halloween candy last night and didnt fudge. The scale was down a pound this a.m. too, so things are good. :)

As Felicia's would say: "Make Good Choices Today"

emmysmom
11-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Well, I did TO yesterday and was POP...now on to day 2!

Tuesday Cool
11-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Yesterday was not a pretty picture. My just back from the shop car overheated on the way to work. I ate most of my packed lunch while waiting for the tow truck. By lunch I was starved and had no car to go get more food so I made tea and kept working. The DH picked me up and we went home to haunt up the front yard. All I could think about was pizza. I kept thinking of ways I could have pizza and stay on plan. Just one piece, with veggies only... But the truth is I cannot eat just one piece of pizza- ever.
I dutifully pulled out some chicken breasts, plucked off the excess fat and put them on the Foreman grill. I was started to make bulgar pilaf but was out of bulgar (cracked wheat) so I made risotto instead. As this was finishing, remember I was starving, my DD shows up with a family pack of tacos and bean burritos from Taco Bell. I ate a 2 tacos and a burrito, had 1/2 a chicken breast. Wine, did I mention wine? several glasses while visiting with the neighbors.
Later, I went to put away the risotto and could not stop eating it! It was so good. Starchy, creamy, salty. I have not idea how much I shoveled in.
On a happy note I did not eat any candy. :dizzy:
POP today!

chica33
11-01-2007, 11:34 AM
I was POP yesterday! My sis and I passed out mini hersey bars and didn't even eat 1! I am soooo proud of us!

Tuesday...I hate when that happens! My problem is that when I eat one thing bad(meaning not on plan), I feel like I have ruined the diet for the day and then eat like a total pig. UGGGH!

aguerin
11-01-2007, 01:19 PM
LOL Tuesday. I know the stress can make you shovel in the food. I did that on Tuesday. But like you said, you didn't eat the candy!

amylou7777
11-01-2007, 01:26 PM
No prob Tuesday-today is NEW DAY! Be POP today-you have it in you!

Congrats Chica!! Hey, I'm curious-I think you are the only one on here who is the same height. Do you mind me asking what size jeans you wear weighing 200 lbs? I can't wait to be down that low! I'm still deciding what my final goal weight will be-but for now I just want to get out of the 200s.

On a wonderful note-I HAVE FINALLY lost a pound! Of course it shows up on the scale Nov 1st. I guess I just wasn't meant to lose any weight in october!

Thanksgiving here I come!

chiquita623
11-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Good Morning Ladies. I was POP yesterday. Not a single piece of candy. Boy was that ever hard to resist too.

Congrats to all that made their Halloween goal. And for the rest of us that didn't (me included) onward and upward to Thanksgiving. We can do this if we keep it in the front of our minds instead of burying it under all the other important stuff we do daily.

bradleys mom
11-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks to this challenge I only licked a snickers this morning before I came to work! I didnt give in! And now I have led a so far POP day! Lets do it!!!!!!!!

EmilyLashea
11-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Congrats to everyone that resisted the candy yesterday! & to those of you who didn't, today is a new day! Everybody out of the leftovers!! :)

POP so far, although I had a late start and at noon am just eating my first thing of the day. I was out of slimfast this morning so I didn't have anything before I took off to school and am just getting home. But, I'm having a piece of Boca chicken (does anyone else eat this? this is the first time I've tried it.) with baked fries.. strawberries & an oz. of cheese. DBf said wow, what a combination.. Oh well. Atleast I'm not stuffing down McDonalds. :)

Quick question.. is there any way that cornbread might be OP? Any recipes floating around out there somewhere?

Good luck to everyone this afternoon! :)

amylou7777
11-01-2007, 04:27 PM
lol, Kimberly-I'm getting a visuall of you licking a snicker and then throwing it out! Good for you!

Everyone be mindful of what we put in our bodies today!!

QueenLucia
11-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi All !! Congrats to everyone, whether you ate candy or not!! Bet this Halloween was better than last year! Mine was! Had no candy, chocolate or halloween cookies (that one of my employees made..)
I feel so great!!

chica33
11-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Amylou-I still wear a size 12, even when I was 170..I still wore a size 12. I remember when I was 150, I wore a 10. Some people go down sizes after like 10 lbs..I don't! lol Of course my pants fit much better when I weight less!!

chiquita623
11-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Amy I'm 5"8" and when I weighed 205 I was wearing 14's and some 16's. Mostly 14's though in jeans and XL in tops.

amylou7777
11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the info ladies! I know we all carry weight differently so it's hard to compare. I'm in a very comfortable 18 right now and can't wait to get back to a 16--hoping to be there by xmas. I figured at 199 I'd be at a 14. I have NO idea what it would feel like to be a 10/12...one day! Thanks ladies!

Keep up the great work!

shshshhh
11-01-2007, 08:35 PM
You gues are great. I tripped a little yesterday, unexpected and totally unplanned for diner invitation yesterday, so I had to compromise a litte. The meal was ok, but my starch was potatoes and I guess the carbs triggered something and when I came home I was starving. Bottom line is I had an extra starch (when I got home) and an extra dairy. Drank lots of lemon water and started fresh today.

SIGH - does it ever get easier? :)

amylou7777
11-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Roberta-I've been craving an extra dairy so bad! TOM makes me crave dairy like no other! I don't think it ever gets any easier-but it makes it a lot more fun when the scale and your new clothes reward you for all of your hard work!

POP so far today but very hungry. Dbf is home from work early today and making some spaghetti. I just eat the sauce and the meat and some extra veggies! It's actually quite good with some ff italian dressing!

How is everyone else doing today?

Nicole-I know you hate challenges-how have you been doing?

bradleys mom
11-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Okay, so I may drop out of this challenge! With TOM (hi Amy!) and everything else I cant stay away from the candy bowl!!!! I had two of the mini snickers once again tonight! (160 cals) I dont know what to do, I couldnt stay OP if my life depended on it!!! :?:

Tomorrow is unplannable. I am sitting in on a mock jury (to earn a little extra christmas cash) and everything is going to be catered. I would pack my lunch, but I am not sure what is allowed as far as leaving the building, and such... And I am pretty sure I cant take anything but ID in with me. I would think they would at least have a vegetarian option. I sure hope so!!

What a weird week this has been!!!

AvidKayaker
11-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Thanks to this challenge I only licked a snickers this morning before I came to work! I didnt give in!

OMG -- between Kimberly and Tuesday I am :rofl:

Kimberly, how can you lick a Snickers?!...if my tongue was anywhere near it that darn bar would have been down the hatch! Now, that's some strength you have.

Tues, I can totally relate. You're doing so well on this challenge don't let one day get you down. I have to say I was reading your post and I was living vicariously...:cbg:

I was not POP today, work has been nutz and I ordered a chicken wrap with avocado, mozzarella, bacon and ranch and the tortilla it was wrapped in was like a football field. So, I am 1/3. Now, seriously, I have to get POP... ;)

Tuesday Cool
11-02-2007, 01:25 AM
Okay, after the debacle yesterday I stayed OP all day! For some reason (not TOM) I was starved at 11 AM and ate my lunch (the left over chicken breast, risotto (1/3c) and green beans. For real lunch I had my afternoon snack... But I went to yoga class, had a cup of tea and pulled it all together. Nothing gives perspective better than looking at your tummy rolls while in a shoulder stand! And when did my knees develop those sags?
Amy, I am 5'8" at 200 I was a 16. I am just now able to wear a 14 (sometimes) at 185. My 16s fall off but I am not consistently a 14.
BTW, my WL goal is not a weight but being able to wear a size 12 again. I would love to get rid of the belly roll but...

amylou7777
11-02-2007, 02:52 AM
Kimberly-I feel ya on the TOM (as usual) but you have to get rid of the temptation! We still have quite a bit left in the house but I have it out of sight and am so determined not to eat it that it's become a stand off between me and the candy! So far I'm winning. BUT Friday is another day and if you can commit to three days of POP-you will have avoided the weekend gain! Good luck at the mock jury-whether the options are totally POP or not there are always conscious choices we can make to make what we eat more or less on plan. I know it's easier said than done!!! ;)

Lisa-your wrap sounds pretty yummy but there's no reason to be eating bacon when we can pick it out!!!! jk-tomorrow is a new day! Make it 2/4!

I don't know if my dinner this evening was technically POP but it was OP. My dbf made spaghetti sauce that was wonderful but probably pretty salty! It was sure good though! I'm trying to get a little extra water in before bed!

ok-on to the most challenging days of them all-THE WEEKEND!

Tuesday Cool
11-02-2007, 10:26 AM
I just realized i am going to dinner tonight at the local German restaurant. Today is the last night of Oktoberfest. I somehow think there will be no salad option. God, I hope there is not bread on the table! Table bread should be banned! Especially if they have olive oil or real butter to put on it. Warm, crusty bread, melty butter... mmmmm.
Wait, no, back to my new reality. No bread for me. Is sour kraut OP? I am pretty sure bratwurst isn't. There is no German food section in my free to live book. Most likely because it should be avoided altogether!

Ok, here is my plan, no alcohol, no bread (acts like alcohol for me), try to order something not breaded or fried, salad or broth based soup to start, watch sodium, enjoy the music and party atmosphere!
Wish me luck. I usually do poorly when dining out but tonight I am going to try.

Jamiep03
11-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Ladies I will be in.

chica33
11-02-2007, 01:19 PM
POP again yesterday! My sis and I had fish and zucchini for dinner...I was actually not looking forward to eating it but it turned out soo good! We are going to eat it again Sunday night.

I have stayed POP everyday of this challenge! I am worried about tonight...we are going out to eat but we have planned our menu, hopefully we stick to it.

The weekend for me is the hardest...I usually end up gaining on the weekends and have to start all over. But this weekend I hope to stay POP! Thanksgiving is approaching fast, no room for mistakes.

Congrats to all of us...we can do it!!

Jamiep03
11-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Just came back from WI and I lost 2.2 lbs. I am so excited.

chiquita623
11-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Way to Go Jamie!!! So far not POP. But I will do better the rest of the day. I plan on being POP all weekend. We'll just have to see what happens.

AvidKayaker
11-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Amylou - you are so right about the bacon and the yummy too...there are much better choices and next time I will be ordering one of them.

Jamie - Welcome to the challenge and congratulations on your 2.2 # loss.

Chica33 - You're rising to the challenge Queen of the POP so far - hang onto that crown over the weekend and work with your sis to be POP.

Laurie - we can do it, a POP weekend, let's go.

Thanks to carb cravers, and those who were on a colored plan will understand that, I was POP today, now 2/4

EmilyLashea
11-03-2007, 04:42 PM
POP yesterday, and so far today.. although you would never be able to tell since I went to WI this morning and didn't even lose an ounce! Ugh!

amylou7777
11-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Hang in there Emily-it will show up soon!

I have been "good" today-I guess you could say it's POP but I'm a little off schedule. yesterday I was Op-but not perfectly POP. I snuck a piece of chocolate during my late night study cram session and went for lunch after my state exam today and although I managed to count my salad in the exchanges-it's always hard to eat out. I also just had to have a nice big bowl of sugar-free/fat free ice cream-it is so nice that it tastes so good!

KEEP up the great work you guys!

EmilyLashea
11-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks AmyLou.. I know it will, I'm just so frustrated because I've been trying to be so "good!"

bradleys mom
11-04-2007, 10:59 AM
YAAAY! I did it! POP all day yesterday! I am doing TO today and tomorrow, and so far so good! :) Although I was up 2 lbs yesterday...

chica33
11-05-2007, 10:18 AM
The weekend was horrible! I was not OP saturday or sunday! UGGHH and I am going out of town on Friday and want to look good. The weekends always do it for me.
Hopefully I can get back on track....
How did everyone else do this weekend??

chiquita623
11-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Morning Ladies. I was POP this weekend but that was only because I was under the weather. Actually I had trouble getting everything in but today is a new day and I will do better. I go WI later today so we'll see what the COD tells me. I don't think I lost but I don't think I gained either.

AvidKayaker
11-05-2007, 10:32 AM
I was POP saturday and sunday. It was such a busy weekend all my choices were POP but I failed to include V V on Sat and V Fr on Sunday...so not 100%. Today and tomorrow I am doing TO.

amylou7777
11-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Congrats to everyone who managed to stay POp through the weekend. Yesterday I was NOT POP-had extra starch and extra dairy (darn TOM). BUT I am renwewing this challenge for myself. I am determined to see a big loss soon and the only way to get there is to keep pressing on trying to be as POP as possible.

Anyone still in? Let's make it a POP Monday!

aguerin
11-05-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm still in Amy. I did pretty well this weekend myself except for that extra dairy Saturday. Thats at least better than a big ole piece of Cake! LOL Cause I could have eat that too.

chiquita623
11-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Count me in!! I'm a sucker for these challenges.

chica33
11-05-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm in for this week also! It definitely helps me stay on track when I know you guys are here...even though it didn't work so well during the weekend! LOL

bradleys mom
11-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Well another day POP for me yesterday! And so far so good today! I did TO yesterday as well as today, with oranges as my sub for juice. Can't wait to WI this week. Gotta go add my carrot!!!

EmilyLashea
11-05-2007, 03:12 PM
POP weekend for me! I'm determined for the scale to move this week!! I am definately still in! :)

amylou7777
11-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok-I'm going to start a new thread! CONGRATS on a great weeekend Emily and Kimberley-I'm determined to be POP this week!