LA Weight Loss - HAPPY HALLOWEEN, ALLI-Gators, ALLI-Cats, POST HERE HALLOWEEN WEEK!!!!

StillTryin
10-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Ok here is the new thread, here is my post from the last thread also

I think the "maintaining" wall did throw me. But I am leaving today for a Vacation until Sunday, so I am NOT going to worry and MONDAY of next week I will be BACK with VENGANCE!! I am going to have to so something to SHAKE this lousy schedule of mine up!!!! I am going to be careful while I am gone to not GO CRAZY with food. But on Monday of next week I will be BACK WITH FORCE!!! 100%!!!!! I CAN DO THIS

I will get back in this game. I am going to get my refill while I am gone so I have it ready to go when I get back. I will be the one cooking while I am away also so that should help!!!!

Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work:
Shy
ThinGirl
Got2
Mez
Tammy
Beck
Coldhawg-Welcome again and good luck this week
Nikki-You can do it
Mommy2girls-you are doing great, keep it up!!!
Bamababy-Welcome and good luck this week also
Curvyjones-Welcome to our group!!! Hope you have a great week

Looks like we have a GREAT GROUP, everyone is SO very supportive and helpful. I will miss you all while I am gone, and I will try to sneak onto my sisters computer to check in......

ThinGirl in FatBody
10-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi StillTryin - good luck on controling your eating while you are Holiday, just keep focused and don't undo all the good work you have done.

Yesterday I fell victim to halloween sized peanut butter cups! but they were so good!

got2gethealthy
10-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Stilltryin....yes you are have a good vacation enjoy and when you get back we will be here waiting :hug: i again maintained..but i am losing inches and eating good so i have to remember it isnt all about pounds. (yeah right:devil:) go foward this week ladies with swords held high fighting off junk food demons out to get us !!!

StillTryin
10-29-2007, 03:19 PM
lol....Junk food DEMONS!!!!! DIE you vicious beasts..lol

mezmerize
10-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Still trying -It's great your planning ahead. It also made me think I better go out and buy another bottle since I'm running low and I have the money. This way I can't put it off.

Thingirl - I have a teenage keeping me honest he's hiding the candy til trick or treat night. If I don't find and eat any I'm going to give him $20.00. Believe me I looked. (Accidently of course ;) ) I think he took them to school. WTG DS!!!

Gotoget - Swords in hand! :)

ThinGirl in FatBody
10-29-2007, 05:33 PM
I have the halloween chocolate in plain sight... I figured it would build character to see it and not touch it. Soon I'll be exposed to lots of wonderful and fattening foods - so I am practicing for that.

I told myself I could have a couple of peanut butter cups and next weekend I could have 2 more... so I will be strong until next Saturday before I get a treat again.

Beck1Beck
10-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Morning All!!

Once more, the scale didn't drop. Bummer!!
Good news is that it didn't climb, either. Guess it's time to add something other than walking to my exercise plan.

I've got plans for Thanksgiving, and I'm sure I'll do better if I'm actively loosing, rather than maintaining. So, time to cut the crap and raise the bar.
My yard's full of leaves, so I think I'll start with that.

Meanwhile, here's a thought for today:

Never argue with an idiot, because onlookers will have trouble telling you apart.

got2gethealthy
10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
halloween was the worse holiday for me. all the chocolate ! by this time i would have been on my 5 or 6th bag of the devils...not even wanting them this year. we are taking the grandkids trick or treating at the mall tomarrow so now the test is not raiding the trick or treat pumpkins :devil: one step at a time..:dizzy:

mezmerize
10-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Beck - LOL at the thought of today!!!

Got2 - Chocolate is a major downfall for me! I had a friend that didn't like it. How in the world does someone not like chocolate!

Tammy
10-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Still, I think Monday will be the day for me also. I'll be gone starting Thursday evening to an Emmaus Walk (a Christian spiritual weekend). I have been on these walks before and I know there will be food, food, and more food. I plan to watch as closely as possible, and right now, I don't think I'll be taking my Alli with me. BUT maybe if I do, it will help to keep me more accountable.

Sounds like the Halloween candy has been interesting for everyone. We didn't buy anything special because we don't get anyone at our house. We do have snack size candies in the refrigerator all the time. I will eat one every now and then. Maybe that's why the temptation isn't so great.

Beck, my husband said he was going to drive past our old house and laugh about all of the leaves in the yard. I know there are over 20 trees in that yard, and that makes for quite a few leaves. Where we live now, someone does all of the yardwork for us. I like that!!

I agree about how someone could not like chocolate!!

MommytoGirls
10-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Hey girls I have a question about something. I rarely ever get headaches but yesterday and today I have had bad migraines. I hope that isn't a side effect from taking Alli?! Anyone know if that is possible? I hope not because I really wanted to keep taking it.

ThinGirl in FatBody
10-31-2007, 12:46 AM
I had a friend that didn't like it. How in the world does someone not like chocolate!

They must be an alien or something! :o

Hey girls I have a question about something. I rarely ever get headaches but yesterday and today I have had bad migraines. I hope that isn't a side effect from taking Alli?! Anyone know if that is possible? I hope not because I really wanted to keep taking it.

When I first started Alli, the first couple of weeks I kept getting these nagging headaches... then they disappeared. As I recall, several other posters had headaches as well.

MommytoGirls
10-31-2007, 02:20 AM
^oh really?! That is good to hear. I was hoping I wasn't the rare one person that had a bad reaction to it or something. I will keep taking it and hope that the headaches go away soon!

Tammy
10-31-2007, 07:12 AM
I didn't have headaches, but I know of others who did at the beginning. Could also be from a change in the eating habits. That happened to me when I started a very low carb diet many years ago.

ThinGirl in FatBody
10-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Yes they went away within 2 weeks and I haven't had one since.... I'm sure it was the Alli - as I didn't change my eating habit, I had been dieting since May - and started Alli in July. I hadn't had a headache in ages and I was feeling them all the time and taking Advil. I'm certain it was Alli. I have not had a headache since late July. (Except the pretend ones... not tonight I have a headache) LOL

mezmerize
10-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Tammy - Great view on the candy. Maybe I should give that a try.

Mommytogirls

mezmerize
10-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Humm something went wrong with my post it didn't all get on... here we go again! :)

Tammy - Great view on the candy. Maybe I should give that a try.

Mommytogirls

mezmerize
10-31-2007, 09:23 AM
AND AGAIN GRRR!!

Mommytogirls Ė I had mild headaches when I started Alli the 1st time. I then was off for a while due to medical reasons. (unrelated to Alli) This is my 1st week of my second try so far no headaches. I recall many women (including myself) having them and starting TOM. They do go away.

Thingirl Ė Hehe on the not to night headaches

got2gethealthy
10-31-2007, 12:51 PM
happy halloween everyone ! i cant believe how fast the year is going !! we are takking the grandkids to the mall for halloween fun tonight. they both have colds so indoors is better ( and way safer !)
i have been having major hot flashes lately...can anyone agree with me they count as aerobic exercize ;)

Tammy
10-31-2007, 03:22 PM
Thin, I cracked up about the pretend headaches!!

Hot flashes = aerobic exercise. I"m sure that my doctor would agree with that!!!!!!!! NOT! Too funny!!

I have my suitcase about half packed for the weekend. It's a really relaxed atmosphere, so I really don't have to plan outfits or anything. I am always warm, so I thought I'd t-shirts and capris. Might throw in a pair of jeans in case I get cold, but I doubt that will happen.

mezmerize
11-01-2007, 09:47 AM
I have to thank you guys for making my day start out right. A good lol sure makes a persons day!

Tammy - I hope you have a wonderful trip.

got2gethealthy
11-02-2007, 12:15 PM
alrighty then halloween gone and not to much damage done here. no candy passed these lips no not even chocolate !!! not perfect on plan because i havent had veggies in 2 days. probably not eating enough so i will maintain again this week but who knows.. plus a little stress of running after a 3 year old and a 1 1/2 little boy who has more energy than me, my husband or son have combined ,:dizzy: on to another day :carrot: p.s. my cat has been bringing me rats {dead thank goodness.} she loves me...who needs diamonds when i get dead rat !!:eek:

bobbigene
11-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Back again after a hectic couple of weeks. Long story short, family emergency out of state, hospital food, diet? what diet, all is well, back home and back on track but gained back some of what I'd lost. The ticker only moves down so I'm not adjusting it. Maybe next week I can drop it down a pound.

I missed everyone while I was gone, really didn't have access to a computer so couldn't check in. My email was horrendous when I got back - after getting rid of the spam I still had 300 in the IN box! I pretty much deleted everything except the notifications that my utility bills were now ready to electronically pay and stuff like that. At work it was equally as bad but couldn't delete those quite as easily. Oh well, back to normalcy and alli!

Don't forget to "fall back" tonight!

got2gethealthy
11-03-2007, 12:20 PM
elcome back bobbigene. sorry about the family emergency i hope all is ok now. i agree about the hospital food and stress...what diet.. you are doing right by just getting back on board. getting back on track and less stress i bet the ticker moves forward soon..:hug:

ThinGirl in FatBody
11-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi Everyone, Ihad my weigh in yesterday at the dietitian's and lost 7.5 pounds in the last 3 weeks.... I weighed in at 155.5

I started my diet on May 5th at 215lbs... Tomorrow will be exactly 6 months, and I will have lost 60lbs. :)

got2gethealthy
11-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Thingirl...that is soooo fabulous congratulations on the terrific weight loss :hug: you give me hope that with my slow weight loss over time it will really show up big on the scales...:congrat:

ThinGirl in FatBody
11-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks got2!!!

You just stick to it, make every day count in working towards your goal and you will get there!

mezmerize
11-05-2007, 10:15 AM
WTG Thingirl!!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
11-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Remember a few weeks ago when I had my cheese meltdown and ate a block of it? well I had no TE's at all from that episode...

but on Saturday I went to a friends house for dinner and they served grilled chicken on caesar salad. I had TE's all yesterday afternoon from that caesar dressing... amazing how much fat is in it.

got2gethealthy
11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
monday weigh in for me and i am bummed..maintained again...no candy not even one. even walked...:p my next size smaller pants are too tight..bummed to the max..now i got that off my chest. i think i ate too many carbs...had a couple of soup in the bread bowls and not drinking water..dang i am going to the dr. monday and he wants to see a loss,so do i but we gets what we gets:tantrum: !!

Beck1Beck
11-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Boomp, Boomp, Boomp
Another 3 bite the dust!!!

Yeah ALLI and yeah me and us.
Weigh in this morning and scale finally moved. 3 pounds gone.

Now, if I can get through the job interview this morning, without disgracing myself, I'll consider it a great day.

Wish me luck, all.

ThinGirl in FatBody
11-06-2007, 08:59 AM
monday weigh in for me and i am bummed..maintained again..

i think i ate too many carbs...had a couple of soup in the bread bowls and not drinking water..

Hi got2, I don't knowabout others - but I consider it a huge success to eat bread bowl soups and not gain anything... good for you :hug: maintaining is okay :). This week try to drink some more water this week and have less carbs.

Another 3 bite the dust!!!

Yeah ALLI and yeah me and us.
Weigh in this morning and scale finally moved. 3 pounds gone..

Excellent loss! :hug:

mezmerize
11-06-2007, 09:19 AM
ThinGirl Ė Great tip on the Caesar Salad second on my list of favorite salads.

Got2Get Ė Maybe TOM is on itís way or just your body holding water in general. You did great avoiding all those Halloween temptations and got so exercise to boot! WTG

Beck Ė YAHOOO!!! Sending many lucky fairies your way!

I have now been to 2 sessions of Curves and I like it very much! I'm hoping that I will show a loss this friday. I have not taking Alli since Wed of last week. I felt a cold comming on and I hate to mix meds and sure enough by the weekend it hit full force. I drank lots of hot tea and took it easy and I'm feeling pretty close to normal. I think if this continues I'll start up again Friday.

got2gethealthy
11-06-2007, 12:41 PM
thin girl..thanks for the support. i agree more water is need this week. i thought about a binge after the weigh in, but luckily i remembered this board and advice you all have given. got ahold of myself and realized that going forward no matter how slow is better than going backward FASTER :hug: mez..no tom for me i am a menomama :carrot: i have been thinking of curves too. can you feel a difference though ? please keep me posted on your progress there good going beck 3 pounds yahooo you are my inspiration !!

Shy Moment
11-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Here everyone is. I haven't been able to find you. Did you all miss me? Glad to see most everyone is doing well. Wow thingirl 6 months 60lbs. I am a few days from my 6 months will be more like 30lbs for me. Oh well I will keep plugging away.

StillTryin
11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
OK sorry for the delay, looks like you all did pretty good halloween week. I will be posting the new thread so lookout!!!

mezmerize
11-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Got2get Ė So far Iím loving Curves. Check your area they may be running a special. The one Iím doing is one free month. I tried to get in on a study but it filled up quickly. So they offered me this. My daughter is going along with me. They gave her a free month also. So if you can find someone to go with I think that helps. At least with me I find it to be more fun. As far as feeling different. ( mentally) I feel REALLY REALLY GREAT after a workout. I havenít noticed a difference in body measurements as of yet but Iím only going on my 3rd day there. Another thing I would like to mention is the workout you do is dependent on how hard you workout. Example the machines let you determine how heavy you want to work out by hydroics. Iíll keep you posted.

Shy Moment Ė Sure we missed you! Shy one thing that amazes me is how fast some lose and how slow I do. But you know what keeps me going is I am going to lose so like you say keep plugging away. WTO on the 30 lbs. Iíve also heard the closer one gets to goal the slower it goes.

Stilltrying Ė Will be looking for the new thread. 

As for me physical therapy today the exercises they are having me do at home are working out great. I have more flexibility in my arm. The only problem I canít get the 4 times a day in. Well I better get moving the grandkids will be here soon.

bobbigene
11-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Good evening everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying autumn!

I used to go to Curves and enjoyed it, but after a couple of years I got really bored with it and didn't renew my membership. I did better if I didn't meet up with my friends - after we were finished we would always end up at someone's house and drink wine! There went all the benefits of exercising! Also didn't exercise as hard when friends were there, too much chattering.

Doing pretty decently this week. I'm back to following a low fat diet and taking my alli. I qualified for a study testing a cholesterol lowering med that was also supposed to help with "metabolic syndrome" but the dr's office hasn't called me back yet. They said if I didn't get a call back by Friday, it was because the study had enough guinea pigs. Oh well! I'm sure they would have said I couldn't take alli while on the 6 week study.

Talk to everyone later!