LA Weight Loss - Oct 28-Nov 4 Friends and Losers Thread

Joni135
10-29-2007, 04:27 AM
Happy Monday! (I messed up the date when naming the thread and can't fix it; it should say Oct 29-Nov 4. oops).

"I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it." - Lee Iacocca

Nicole/Felicia - I was reading the threads from this weekend and must say your local tooth fairy is quite generous!! I'm curious what Felicia's rhyming note from the tooth fairy says. Here's my rhyming note for this week:

Trick or Treat
Now don't you cheat!!:haphal:

TimeForThinnerMe
10-29-2007, 06:19 AM
Hi, my name is Donna and I’ve been reading the threads for a week or so and you guys all seem awesome and very motivational. I started LAWL a few months ago but a few life things came up so I’ve just started back and ready for the journey. Joni, looks like you’re an early bird as well. Hope ya’ll have a great day. :)

Joni135
10-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Welcome Donna - yep - couldn't sleep this morning for some unknown reason! We're neighbors...I'm in Woodstock, GA! Welcome to our group!

chiquita623
10-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Quiet morning here. But that's a good thing since I'm sitting at work. We all like those quiet times before all heck breaks loose don't we. Had a good weekend. Finally bought my halloween candy for all the little goblins Wednesday. Now if I can just stay out of it I'll be doing fine. My plan for the week is to stay OP every day. So far so good but then it's still early. I go WI over my lunch hour and am hoping for some kind of movement on the scale and not in the upwards direction either!! Guess I'll get off here and look at the top of my desk. Hope everyone has a great POP day.

KrispieD
10-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Nicole, I'm a bit short on cash and the girls both need new winter boots so I'm going to yank a few molars and pop them in the mail to you.. you can send me cash or cheque!

Welcome Donna!

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Good Morning All! :) Just a quick check in to see what's going on here since yesterday..

I wasn't quite OP this weekend.. not eating bad foods, just not getting everything in. I'm really having a hard time with that. Any ideas?

See ya'll later this afternoon! :)

chiquita623
10-29-2007, 10:07 AM
When my kids lost teeth the tooth fairy left them either a quarter or fifty cents. Now when my grandkids lose teeth the tooth fairy leaves them a "golden dollar" as they call it. When they put it in their bank, because it it special and you can't spend it, their parents replace it with a regular dollar and then they recycle the "golden dollars". I would have never come up with something that complicated myself!!

Dan2112
10-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Morning gang...

Well, after all was said and done, the scale was NOT a friend to me this morning, and I find myself up a few.. Still well within my goal, but high enough to be very frustrated with my own efforts to maintain...

So this week, come **** or high water, I'm gonna stick to the basics... Candy holds no major charms on me, so I'm not worried about Halloween.. I just need to do better in my choices...

Of course, part of the problem is my continued regularity issues... THAT is old, I can tell you...

Welcome Donna!

Be one with your POP!!

enogo07
10-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Good morning to all....I look on the site often but thought I would join your conversation in hopes of staying OP! I am struggling to stay OP lately.....I lost 10 and felt so good and now I find myself making choices that make me feel so bad about myself. I think I have gained back 5 pds. :(

I have 3 kids and work full time so my life is just a little hectic. My baby is 9 months and I am running out of time to use her as an excuse for my weight. I wonder how long I can blame my extra 40 pounds on "baby" weight. :?:

I saw my neighbor last night who has a 10 week old and she had on her PP jeans....that made me so depressed so here I am this morning determined to stay OP this week!! :carrot:

Emily

chiquita623
10-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Welcome Emily. All you can do is make the best choices you can every day. Give it time and you will get to where you want to be. If you make a bad choice, just shake it off and do better the next time. Get on here whenever you need moral support or just a good swift kick in the behind. We can do this!!!!

TimeForThinnerMe
10-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Guys, thanks a bunch for the welcome; your support is appreciated and I look forward to being part of the group and getting to know ya'll.

Joni, we are neighbors for sure...Woodstock and P'Tree Corners. :wave:

Mama Nicole
10-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Nicole, I'm a bit short on cash and the girls both need new winter boots so I'm going to yank a few molars and pop them in the mail to you.. you can send me cash or cheque!

Cha-ching!!! Cash only here baby!!!

I only have a second cuz boys are CRAZY today....but I wanted to pop in and let you all know that I made my weekend goal. Whoohoooo!!! I lost a whopping 0.2 lbs since friday.....but that is all I asked for :) I am happy........especially since I had a couple extra starches last night (oops). Even though I wish I hadn't had the extra starches, I am still proud of myself cuz usually if I go over, I REALLY go over and eat a whole bag of reeses peanut butter cups or something like that. Anywhooo, I survived my weekend :) I have still not recovered from my Germany binge........but I am getting there :)

I hope you all have a great day.......welcome Emily#2 :) (we have another emily :)).
XOXO

Mama Nicole
10-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Oh, I am sorry......welcome to Donna also :)

bayoubelle68
10-29-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm curious what Felicia's rhyming note from the tooth fairy says.

Well, Joni, it's different for each one, but this one said:

"Isn't this special? Isn't it great?
You've already lost tooth number eight!
I crept in by the light of the moon
And tiptoed down the hall to your room.
I stood for a moment, not making a peep.
I love to watch you when you're fast asleep!
I left you a treat and then hurried on my way.
When you lose another tooth, I'll be back again one day!"

Mama Nicole
10-29-2007, 12:03 PM
awwwwww, is that copyrighted? Can I use it? :) Sooo cute!!!

chiquita623
10-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Felicia what a great idea. Something your children can save and pass on to their own someday.

bayoubelle68
10-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Thanks, guys! It's just something I started with his first and have continued. It even comes on the Tooth Fairy's own stationery. I have a printing business and recently DS asked me if I made the TF's stationery. I told him no and he said, "You should call her, Mama. I'll bet she needs alot of those cards and you could make a fortune!!"

Joni135
10-29-2007, 12:54 PM

Kristen - pretty funny for a Monday morning! How do you spell check when you say "check this out?" Just curious.

Joni135
10-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Felicia - that is precious. And it sounds like you have a young enterpreneur on your hands!!

Lynx
10-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Felicia,
Thanks for sharing you poem.

It reminds me of a letter that the Easter Bunny sent to my sons when they were old teenagers and I hope no one minds, but I will share it with you all and maybe you can adapt it if you like.......

BUNNY EXPRESS

OUR BUNNIES ARE BONDED

April 12th

Dear Jeff,

Sorry that our delivery to you was late. We try very hard, but Verona’s population is growing so fast and we are required to start our deliveries with the littlest kids.

We also had computer problems this year and our address files were corrupted. We never had to use last names since our regular bunny was familiar with all the delivery addresses. This year we had to hire new people and we skipped around your neighborhood looking for the right Jeff. We were over on some street near a park, but then we discovered it was the wrong house, wrong Jeff. Somebody then remembered that you are the Jeff that lives up on a hill, not the Jeff that lives near a park.

Oh well, we made it. You basket was packed exclusively for you by a new bunny named Bruno. Hope your basket survived! Bruno doesn’t always leave the baskets in the cleanest places.

We strive to hide our baskets in interesting places, but you guys have lived in the same house for too long and Bunny Express is running out of ideas…

Enjoy
The Easter Bunny and the crew

Kimphin
10-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, I survived the weekend with the almost 13 yo niece. I even saw my 20 yo nephew - he came home twice, for about 5 minutes each time. My sister had absolutely no food in the house, (niece only eats spaghetti-os) My sis, love her dearly, but she has some serious food issues. I think she was switched at birth because she is 4'11" and weighs about 88 lbs. Apparently the family only eats bacon, because that is all that was in the fridge (multiple kinds of bacon too. way odd) She did leave money - which was kind of funny, she left $100. Did she want me to do the grocery shopping??? Not a piece of fruit or a veggie to be had. DN had play practice on Sat, so I ran to the store and got a few things.

So, not a good WL weekend.

Liza - glad your friends place was spared inthe fires. I hope the winds don't kick up as badly this week.

Felicia - love your poems! How cute.

Nicole - yeah, I'm trying to go every morning to the 9:30 class. I've never made it to Friday. When I start work, I'm not sure what I'll do, probably go to the night classes. The gym I belong to is closer to my old job, so when my membership runs out I may look at stuff closer to home.

Kimphin
10-29-2007, 01:25 PM
So Lynn - where did Bruno leave the baskets?

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Kim- thats funny about DS being switched at birth. I think my DBf was. He is about 160 of pure muscle while both his parents, DS and DB are about 300+ apiece. I tease him all the time about being the milkman's baby :s:

Anyone who knows :) - How do you put the quotes from other people into your post?

Kimphin
10-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Emily on the person's post that you want to quote, click on the "quote" box in the lower right corner. It opens up the response box with the original reply formatted as a quote.

Did that make any sense? I feel like I said "Quote" about 100 times.

Kimphin
10-29-2007, 01:57 PM
My sis is not like any of the rest of my family. None of us are thin. She had (still has) some of the weirdest food issues ever. She had been married for years and my mom was still not buying certain things because "cheryl didn't like that" Ugh. She survived on pretzels dipped in soda, and cheese sandwiches. Obviously my niece now has issues too. Spaghetti -o's? gross!

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks Kim! You must be like me.. sitting around bored just waiting on someone to post something to reply to :)

Kimphin
10-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah, although I am supposed to be outside doing some gardening. Oh well.

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Well I'm supposed to be working, but.. It's so slow today! I'd rather be on here playing around anyway... :)

MomOfThreeTeens
10-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Ok I'll join the bored group! LOL I finished my book and dont have a new one to start so here I sit! Ugh!!

Must be the month for breakups! My daughter and her boyfriend of 4 years broke up last night. They've broken up before but it never lasts long. We'll see what happens. I just wish I could have taken the day off and spent it with her doing something fun so she wasnt just sitting at home thinking about things :::sighing::: growing up is so hard! And I just want to be able to fix everything for her.

bradleys mom
10-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Hi gals! Hope everyone is having a good Monday! I just got finished washing dishes, ughh! I think all of my pots and pans were dirty!

Emily, What I have started doing on weekends, is treating them as if they are work days. I sit down on Friday night make out my journal for the whole weekend then start cooking. If it is already made up, it is easier to pop in it the microwave! On Sunday morning, after getting all 3 of us ready for church, I rarely have time for a good breakfast, and usually ended up going by Mcdonalds or Burger King for breakfast, so now since I got my blender I have started making smoothies! Yesterday I took 8 oz of Light peach yogurt a splash of milk, a half of a banana, some strawberries and a few cubes of ice and threw them all in the blender. It held me over until church was over and it was delicious!! HTH! :)

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Bless her heart.. 4 years is a long time. Maybe they'll work things out..

bradleys mom
10-29-2007, 02:32 PM
LOl Emily we posted at the same time!

enogo07
10-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Add me to the list of bored...I should be working but this seems like more fun! It doesn't take much to get me off track !

My oldest DD is only 9 and I don't look forward to all the times she will get her feelings hurt growing up ..I think it hurts my feelings more than hers when someone is mean to her!!!

Emily

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Kimberly- It seems like I am always on the go on the weekend. It's so much easier when I know where I'm going to be and what I'm going to be doing. Also, I am having a problem getting in all my foods even during the week.. I know they pick your plans for a reason but it seems like SO much! Even as long as I've been on it.. it seems like I'm eating constantly!!

bradleys mom
10-29-2007, 02:37 PM
I know the feeling... I work on Fridays and Saturdays from 8am-6pm, then with church on Sunday mornings and nights I have no weekend! lol And plus I know I look weird always pulling an apple or wheat thins out of my purse. I have even got it down to knowing where I can get the cheapest 32oz cup of ice water at the fast food places! (Wendy's for .11!) lol

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 03:42 PM
How many pounds does it take most of you to go down a size? And do you consider a size being from say 18 to 16 or do you consider that as 2 sizes since in most brands you only have every other number for their size?

I had a discussion about this with my mother last night and we couldn't agree on how to count it.. one size or 2? What do ya'll think?

chiquita623
10-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Can I join in the bored game? I just got done with everything that came in the mail so now have an hour and a half to kill.

Emily - have you tried combining your food. Like yogurt, cereal and some fruit would be a dairy, starch and fruit. When I first started I had trouble getting all my food in so the COD suggested doing that. Seemed to work for me. Just a thought.

I consider a size from a 14 to a 12 since there's not anything in between them.

enogo07
10-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Emily- I would have to agree with chiquita.....I count that as one size for the same reason there is nothing in between. Junior size jeans are odd numbers ( 9,11,13) and they don't even come close to fitting me in any size

Emily

chiquita623
10-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Went to the COD today to WI. I stayed the same - 171. Anyway, they told me that I have only 3 weight loss weeks left to lost the 11 pounds or I have to buy more weeks. Told them sorry I was not buying more weeks so they said I would be put on stabilization in 3 weeks and then maintenance after that. Does this sound right? I asked about using some of my maintenance weeks as weight loss weeks and they said they can't do that. So I guess we'll see how things go.

Mama Nicole
10-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Hey all of you bored ladies :) I am not bored today, but I am pretty useless. I keep trying to get my chores done, but I am feeling sooo lousy. Felicia, are you still sick too? This is quite the bug.......I am up to a week now, and I usually fight things pretty darn quick. I was up coughing quite a bit last night. I felt bad for DH. I told him I would go out on the sofa, but he wouldn't hear of it. He also let me sleep in this a.m. I am starting to feel spoiled :)

KIM......love your new avatar. You look so pretty......and girl.....you have fabulous hair. I am soo jealous!!!

I have 4 kids home with me today......and now I know why I don't home school my kids. They are driving me nuts.

Hey, where is Lettie? I always think of her when I talk about the numbers of children around me..........:lol:

Ok, I am going to go have a little snack. I bought some laughing cow lite cheese for the first time this weekend. It is WONDERFUL. Just thought I would share :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
10-29-2007, 04:15 PM
oh, and Emily.......I consider a12 to a14 one size :)

Mama Nicole
10-29-2007, 04:16 PM
sorry girls, I just can't seem to get my poop in a group here.....
Kristen......how did you do over the weekend?
How about you Joni? I see your ticker is still doing well.

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Well girls, you're all on my side then. :) my mom, along with the girl I work with, seem to think it is 2 sizes? Well I have lost almost 20 pounds and have only lost one size.. Is that about what you all did?

zambejaly5
10-29-2007, 04:32 PM
hey nicole, finally got my hands on the computer. I will be glad when DH gets the new one from work, maybe I will get his laptop more often that way. my computer bit the dust this summer.

we went camping this weekend and I took all my own food and stuck to it, actually it was very easy, I took things that were close to what everybody else was eating so I never felt deprived AND I LOST A POUND OVER THE WEEKEND. SO I will be coming very close to hitting the goal I set for my first month. I wanted to lose 10 this month, I will weigh in on Thurday morning and call that my Oct. weight... but right now I have lost 8.8 for the month!!! woo hoo! even if I don't lose any more before thursday morning I will be happy, ....... I lost 8.8 this month, but also this month I had, my birthday, my anniversary, went to a wedding and a family reunion, a church campout and a day trip to Silver Dollar City ( a theme park) not once have I felt deprived and I lost!! I have never done that before! I need to keep moving! and I want to go change my ticker!

Later,

chiquita623
10-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Emily I was in 14's when I weighed 205 and didn't try anything else on until I had a work function in September. At that time I'd gotten down to 175ish and I was in a comfortable 10. Does that help?

chiquita623
10-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Wow Lettie - you're just perking right along on NS. That's great!!

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 04:36 PM
it does. i'm in a 16 and weigh about 180. Thats crazy how its so different!

chiquita623
10-29-2007, 04:38 PM
I guess the saying every body is different rings true in this case. And remember, I'm taller than you are so that may make a difference too. Keep on doing what you have been and you'll be where you want to be before you know it.

enogo07
10-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Everyone is so different when it comes to sizes! I wear a 12 right now and I am at 175. My pre pregnancy weight was 130-135 and I was a six .....so for me three sizes is 35-40 pounds.

BarbaraB
10-29-2007, 05:28 PM
I think a 16 down to a 14 is really just one size down. It did take me a fair number of pounds to really drop a full size. I think the first one took more pounds (but not more time really) because you drop a little water weight at first and then eventually you back it up with lost fat. It is losing the fat that makes the big difference in the size of the clothes, and not so much the pounds.

The Octoberfest Party I went to was not so good on the diet. I had saved 2 starches, 2 fruits and a protein to go to the party, and so I had some liquid starch AND some liquid fruit, and THEN (with rather impaired judgement) I spied the german chocolate cake. I practically had cake orgasms it was so good.. Oh well, I was on plan yesterday and managed to get up and power walk a couple of miles at the track.

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 05:39 PM
i think the last food i had those thoughts with with was cheesecake from the cheesecake factory... anyone have a good OP cheesecake recipe? ;)

healthy2b
10-29-2007, 05:42 PM
HI! VERY CHATTY BUNCH TODAY!

Joni - WOW -up at 3:27 A.M. posting!?! Don't you hate those insomnia (sp?) nights:( I have them every once in a while and just lay there watching the hours click by on my clock....I don't know why I don't just get up and do something but I just keep thinking I might fall asleep....crazy me!

:welcome: Donna and Emily Enogo (Emily #2)

Nicole- :cheer: weekend goal owned!

Felicia - great poem and great idea!

Lynn - Cute letter!

Kimphin - love the new avator

TTKim - I know exactly how you feel - I would take all of their pain myself if it were possible:(

Lettie - WTG - I don't ever lose during the weekend...ugh...8.8 lbs ...great job!

Liza - glad to hear you were able to get some much needed rest!

Hi Laurie, Kristen, Emily , Dan, Liz, and Kimberly

I've been staying pretty much POP since my scale started moving in the right direction until today....I've had a terrible day.....to much chocolate candy laying around the office...I have had one mini hershey bar and a single peanut butter cup.....yum they were so good but now I feel bad! I havent bought my halloween candy yet, I think I'll wait until the very last minute and buy it on my way home from work Wednesday night. I don't seem to have very good self control when it comes to candy, especially chocolate so I guess I won't buy anything chocolate so I can keep it out of the house. My weekend went by really fast....DS come home Friday early afternoon and then drove all the way back to school Friday night. Its just two hours away and he wanted to get back for the homecoming celebration. ( He had a meeting he had to attend here at home) but I wish he would of stayed. He is still struggling with the break up with his girlfriend. He called Saturday night and his voice sounds so sad....I know he doesn't want to talk about it so I don't bring it up unless he says something first.

Dan2112
10-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Emily..

I think I posted the LAWL approved cheesecake recipe a while back in the dessert recipe files.. If not, can someone with access to the cookbook post it? I lent mine to the boss so he could get some ideas on cooking healthy...

Don't count me among the bored.. I just returned from a long hike through the brambles and tumbleweeds along the Rio Grande.. We were out surveying a future treatment areas, marking the treatment perimeter. I got into a nasty grove of dried up tumbleweeds and emerged covered in stickers.. Now my allergies are FLAMING.. So I think I'll pop into the shower and take some meds...

At least I got a nice hike out of it and a lot of it was straight up and down as we had to make our way down a very steep embankment to get to the river.. I'm happy to say that while my two companions were huffing and puffing after we got back to the top, I was barely breathing hard.. A year ago, I would have been incredibly winded...

Oh.. I bought the first pair of 34's I've bought since high school, over the weekend!

healthy2b
10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Whoo Hoo Dan....Size 34!!!! WTG!

BarbaraB
10-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Dan congrats on the 34's! I'm somewhat jealous that you got to go and hike and got paid for it (not much call for that when you write software to calculate pension benefits at all).

Carrie, two fun pieces of candy shouldn't be a big deal. Just count the exchanges (maybe a starch and a fat for 2 pieces sounds about right) and just go back to plan. I hope your DS feels more cheerful soon.

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Dan!! You might just be one of my favorite people in the world right now!! I'm going to look for it as soon as I'm done posting! :D

So.. DBf just called. He heard back from a job he's been waiting for. Better pay and an easier job so he's excited. But.. its 3rd shift, which means I'll be home alone at night

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 06:11 PM
that was supposed to have a BIG :( at the end, by the way.. I HATE the idea of being home alone at night. People are just crazy these days!! :yikes:

amylou7777
10-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi friends!

Wow-this could not have been a more non POP weekend. I took a final on Sat and definitely over-ate while I was studying. Then Sun I had all my friends from school over-made lots of good food and then they all brought lots of good food!! I tried to keep it together-but of course they all wanted me to try their dish! So it ended up being lots of little cheats! I think I had a food hangover this morning!

I'm disappointed in myself bc I should have been more in control-I had food there that I could eat and I know my friends would have understood if I told them I had to watch it-but I just wanted to not be obsessing about food for a night-and now it turns into me obessessing about how bad I was. I'm not beating myself up-but I am beginning to wonder if this is my self-sabotage coming to bite me. I'm starting to feel so much more comfortable in my clothes and am worried that I'm slipping. I've got too far to go to get to my "real" goal---so I've got to get my head back in the game for real this time. I'm tired of the back and forth!!

I haven't gotten to catch up on all the posts-but I feel for you Emily. I've gotten way too used to sleeping next to someone every night. I would go nuts if he worked nights. Do you have a dog? Whenever DBF is out of town I always have my doggy in my bed to make me feel somewhat safe!

Nicole-:yay: I didn't get to read your entire post but DID see that you met your weekend goal!! KEEP going girlie!!

ok-class time!

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Amy- We don't have a dog.. I have two at my mom's house but DBf is not big on dogs in the house, so I had to leave them when I left. And I'm with you on being way to used to him being there! Makes me sad :( He doesn't see the big deal because I'll be asleep the whole time he's gone, but that's the thing.. sleeping without him will be torture!! Don't feel bad about the OP night.. everybody needs a night to relax with the girls every now and then. Just jump back on the wagon today! :)

amylou7777
10-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Emily! I'm trying not to beat myself up but I haven't seen ANY movement on the scale this month and I've been so consistent thus far so I really want to get back on that wagon!!!

I hope that you get used to him not being there-it will just take time. I hear EVERY single noise when I'm home alone and totally freak myself out but you can do it! Hopefully this new job will be worth it.

I went back and finished last weeks thread...

Felicia-hope you are all better!! Poor thing. Don't worry I had chicken soup when I was sick and it didn't do a thing as far as the scale. I love your toothfairy poem. You are so creative.

Lettie-way to stand up for yourself at your interview!! People are so blinded by money these days that most would have forgotten their beliefs to take a job --so way to go!

Kim3-yes this was a 10 week course. We have our state ethics exam this coming saturday- so they end this legal ethics class in time to take a final and then continue studying for the state exam. It seems like it will be non stop test taking from here to december!! I still haven't touched that halloween candy! Never mind the cupcake I had last night.....

Liza-how are things?

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Amy- I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I used to stay home by myself a good bit when I still lived at home with my mom and thats waayyy out in the country and i would scare myself to death. I'm hoping it will be better now that we're in town. But, if ya'll see any late night posts about nothing, you'll know why :) The first night I decide I can't sleep I'm going to Wal-Mart to buy the stuff to make Dan's cheesecake! :drool: [No other time to sit still long enough, but I would love to have some!]

I am craving some chips and cheese dip from the Mexican place.. any good alternatives anyone? I could make the dip pretty easily on plan but what about chips? I don't want to have to "make" anything unless it's absolutely necessary..

amylou7777
10-29-2007, 07:40 PM
The only tortilla chip that the online nutritionist has approved is the poppy seed tortilla chip from Trader Joes. I don't know if you have TJs out there but I love them. 6=1S (at least on the colored plans). Mexican is my weakness too!

I've made the cheesecake bites that are somewhere on the dessert thread- FF-cream cheese, cool whip and splenda mixed and frozen...YUM! I haven't tried the whole cc recipe yet-but I'm sure it's delicious!

EmilyLashea
10-29-2007, 08:03 PM
I haven't ever even heard of Tradre Joe's.. :shrug: I guess I'll be making the pita ones...

I printed out the recipe for the bites too, they look easier for a middle of the night Wal-Mart run... :)

Mama Nicole
10-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Go Packers.....Get Busy........It's your birfday.
Did you see Brett last night, Kristen?
XOXO

Dan2112
10-30-2007, 10:06 AM
I haven't ever even heard of Tradre Joe's.. :shrug: I guess I'll be making the pita ones...

I printed out the recipe for the bites too, they look easier for a middle of the night Wal-Mart run... :)

Trader Joe's is a kind of higher-end gormet food type store.. Mostly found in California and the East Coast, there are few here and there in between...

Your nearest stores are in Georgia, so I wouldn't worry about it :lol:

I honestly never shop there.. The food is ok, but nothing I'd go out of the way for...

Oh.. And it was actually Cassi who posted the cheesecake recipe... Dang memory.. Hate getting old... :lol:

Anyway, it's pretty good, at least according to Liz.. Cheesecake doesn't really appeal to me (which I guess in the grand scheme of things is a good thing!), so y'all will just have to take her word for it..

I'm sure you probably have some specialty grocery/organic markets around there somewhere...

chica33
10-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Hey everyone,
I posted in the newbies post but I thought I would post here as well. I really love the support you have for one another!
Here is a bit of my story...I started LA two years ago around this time, lost about 20 lbs and then went completely off program. This past June I started again but never really started right...was cheating like every other day. Well when I started in June my sister started with me(we live together). We are each others worst food enemy. When one gets a craving and eats something we both mess up. Well we have been doing great for almost two weeks now.....my cousin is getting married Thanksgiving weekend and we want to buy cute dresses.
Well I hope everyone has a on program great day!
PS...I go to a LA center but not sure if it's franchise or cooperate.

Dan2112
10-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Glad you are here Chica... Have your sis chime in as well!

Doing the program with another person can be the best, or the worst when it comes to staying on plan.. But you both have to support each other and not give in..

What's more, make sure you don't have the bad stuff lying around in the pantry or freezer just waiting for you to have a weak moment... AND... The trick is to make sure you have plenty of easily accessible good stuff in its place so you can't use the excuse of "Oh, there's nothing good to eat around here"...

Sure, a bag of chips and bowl of salsa sounds a **** of a lot better than a bunch of grapes or celery stalks with no-fat dressing... But the plan takes dicipline...

You can turn those weak moments into victories and think how good you'll feel when you do!

Congrats on staying POP for two weeks!! That's a big victory in of itself...

healthy2b
10-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi All.....

Amylou- don't be too hard on yourself-just jump right back in - you can do it!

Emily - I know what you mean about sleeping alone - It's hard for me when DH is not there also. Give it a little time and hopefully you can adjust and you can enjoy having the whole bed to yourself. DH gets up about 30 minutes before I do and even though I can't sleep when he's not there, I sure enjoy those 30 min. with the bed to myself. He always sleeps right next to me and after 26 yrs. of marriage I need some my space...so those thirty min. are my space with the bed to myself.

Welcome Chica33!

I'm sorry that I keep harping on this but I feel so bad for my son. Somehow someone he knows had some pictures of his newly x-girlfriend with her new boyfriend and my son saw them. My DD was there also and she called me to tell me because she felt so bad for him. She said he didn't react in any way that anyone that was there would know except for her. She said when she saw them, she looked at him and the look on his face just made her want to cry:(. I'm so glad since he is not at home he at least has his two sisters with him on the same campus for family support. All of my kids are very close and I am so thankful for their love and friendship for each other. I just wish we could skip this heart ache stage of life for our kids!

amylou7777
10-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Carrie-I feel so bad for your DS! Poor guy! How does she already have a new bf??? they were together for a loong time-they should both be single for a while. It is so nice that his sisters are there to comfort him since he's probably not sure exactly how to react to everything at once. I'm sure your heart is aching too!

Welcome Chica!

Alright-time to get a workout in (its been over a week)....

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

lizababe
10-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi Everyone!

Ok so it looks like a lot of us need to get back POP together! First I was sick, then last week at the mercy of whatever food was brought to me. I had just started TO the morning I got called out to the fires in the chopper and we all know how things went from there. So today, it's back OP. I went out for a little jog last night and the air quality is still pretty bad so Buster and I had to cut it short but at least I got started.

I'm doing TO this morning. Since I'd already had a little of the juice last weekend I'm subbing the morning part of TO with an orange and slice of canteloupe then I can use the juice the rest of today and tomorrow. I can't believe it's almost Novemeber! I really want to lose a chunk of weight by christmas so I don't feel ashamed when I dress up!

Have a POP day everyone! Dan... I'll miss your firemen.

lizababe
10-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Carrie - I'm sorry for your DS :-( So far, my daughter has been the heartbreaker but I'm sure it will turn around. It did for me darn it.

Kimphin
10-30-2007, 11:55 AM
OMG this computer is like the big time-sucking vortex of my life! Too much to catch up on!

Carrie - I just had a long conversation with my SIL about her wanting to 'make things better' for her son and how she feels helpless cuz there is nothing she can do. He's 18, same thing happened to him. I feel for you!

Emily - I've made the pita chips before - they are pretty good. Try them!

Nicole and Kristen - congrats on your boyfriend's win. Now that I am over the pain of him breaking my Dan's records, I can admire Brett's form.

OK, I must make some sort of headway today. I have so much I want to get done, and time's -a- wasting!

MomOfThreeTeens
10-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Carrie-I cant believe she has a new boyfriend already, what a jerk! My DD and her boyfriend of 4 years broke up Sunday. They do it occasionally but it never lasts, we'll see! She would die if he started dating somebody else!

I updated my ticker, I HATE having to move it back the other way but I had to be accountable! Now somebody kick me in the tushie!!! :kickbutt:

bayoubelle68
10-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Just spoken in my classroom:

Kid #1: What's sign language?
(before I could answer...)

Kid #2: It's how blind people talk.
(before I could correct that...)

Kid #3: No, it's not! It's how DEAD people talk. Everybody knows that!

Maybe I should have #2 and #3 tested for gifted classes!!

EmilyLashea
10-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi All! :wave:

Chica- :welcome:

Carrie- Bless his heart! That's awful that she is dating someone else already, but that's probably because she's feeling bad herself and trying to make herself feel better. I can't even imagine dating again.. after 6 years the idea is foreign to me...

Liza- Glad to see you're trying to get somewhat back to your regular schedule..

My first night alone went... slowly. I stayed on the phone with a good friend until about 2, and the channel surfed until after 3. Getting up for my morning class was torture, and of course I was late. Didn't make a wal-mart run, but I think I will tonight. I want to try the pita chips, and will go ahead and pick up the stuff to make the cheesecake while I'm there :)

Hope everyone is having a POP day.. I'm off to lunch! :hun:

EmilyLashea
10-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Felicia- :rofl:

chiquita623
10-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Felicia - it's true isn't it. Kids do say the darndest things sometimes!! I imagine there is never a dull moment around your classroom most days.

Dan2112
10-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Emily... I know this change is daunting for you, but you need to get used to it as best as you can... Our bodies NEED the nighttime rest period to recharge.. And while they recharge, they burn calories and fat... Try to get back to a normal sleep pattern so your body doesn't rebel...

I know it was hard for Liz when back when I worked a swing shift.. I didn't get home until 11 p.m. or so and then, after a day of activity and coffee, I was in no mood to go to bed.. So I'd be up until 1 a.m. while she snoozed away.. That schedule messed us up big time and it seemed, except for my days off, we never really saw each other..

But.. You will get used to it.. Not that it won't suck as much as it does, but it will become more routine...

Kimphin
10-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Just spoken in my classroom:

Kid #1: What's sign language?
(before I could answer...)

Kid #2: It's how blind people talk.
(before I could correct that...)

Kid #3: No, it's not! It's how DEAD people talk. Everybody knows that!

Maybe I should have #2 and #3 tested for gifted classes!!

Hysterical!!!!!:rofl:

healthy2b
10-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the sympathy concerning DS.....while he was here this weekend he told me that she had cheated on him the last week they were together with this guy....it really surprised me but I guess due to all the drama the week before (he had broken up with her not sure why...something about a disagreement) she had a mind set to move on and met this guy the week they were broken up. They got back together and she said she was confused and thats when she cheated and then the next week she broke up with him and she has been with the new guy ever since. Over the past seven and a half years they have broken up a few times but it never lasted and they were back together in a few days and at the most a couple of weeks. Same as your DD TTKIM....but since they have never dated anyone else it is probably good but still isn't making him feel any better right now. I was talking to him about getting out there and dating and poor thing said to me "MOM....I've never had to flirt or ask anyone out.....I've been with "x-girlfriend" since 5th grade...how do you do that?" So while everyone else was learning how to accept rejection when they asked girls out in high school, poor DS has never learned how to deal with this or has even ever tried to ask anyone out. I guess another strike against finding true love in high school (or grade school in his situation)if it doesn't work out it puts you way behind in the game of life. Another bad thing is that she has been with us for so long when we see family other than immediate family they always ask where she is and when they hear they are longer together their reaction is to say "I thought you would be together forever"....well that just makes it worse because so did he. He did tell me there was a cute girl in his English class he was thinking about asking out...so hopefully he will and it will go well so it will take his mind off of x-girlfriend. He has had a rough first semester in college but I've seen it before in friends kids...he was Mr. Athlete and had lots of friends in high school, and then you go off to school and you are a nobody and don't know anyone...it's quite an adjustment...then this happens...ugh......can't wait 'til he feels better so I can quit worrying about him

Sorry to go on and on.....

Felicia - out of the mouths of babes....:rofl:

Liza - good luck with TO:)

Mama Nicole
10-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Carrie....don't apologize...that is what we are here for. I always want to take my DD's hurts for her as well. I am having such a hard time letting her grow into the woman she is becomming. She is doing so well in school, and today she started her very first job at Sears. When I dropped her off, I felt like telling her, "wait, you need someone to be with you, you are not allowed to go anywhere alone.........wait, let me come with you......:lol:. I don't know how I will deal with it when she has her first heartbreak. You are a good mom for not getting caught up in all the nitty gritty. They really don't want our advice anyway......they just want us to be there.......oh, and to feed them :lol:.

My upper keys aren't working again......darn kids......so all of my smileys are going to be :lol:'s for today. What the heck am I talking about.......who cares, right?

Emily......so sorry your DBF is such an idiot and took a third shift job.....I'M only kidding.....but I hear you about sleeping alone. You will adjust, but I feel for you.

Kim.....thought of you yesterday when I asked my 5 yo DS if he wanted pizza for lunch, and his response was, "nope......just bacon," in a very matter of fact tone. Maybe he was switched at birth with one of your nephews.....:lol: I so hear you about being sucked into this darn computer. My house has never been the same since I found this forum.

Joni.......did you watch Dr. Oz on oprah yesterday? I actually watched it....and liked it........but I really wanted to dress him in something a bit nicer than his too short scrubs pants. tacky. how is work?

Kristen......you ok out there?

Kim number 2........upper keys problem..........get your butt back in gear lady. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the wedding is OVER. Party time has ceased. No more cake......:lol:.

ok.....i have to go eat something...OP.......
XOXO

bradleys mom
10-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Felicia - you should submit that one to a magazine!

Joni135
10-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi all - just reading this thread lately. Wanted to chime in on a couple things...as far as cloths size...I'm abouit 5'3", weigh about 160 and my 14s are comfy; 12s are tight. I think I need to go shop at Old Navy - I hear their stuff runs big. Oh well, it is what it is.

Lettie - that is great that you have lost almost 10 lbs this month with a very busy social calendar to boot!! I know you are doing NS, but do you also think the relief from DH getting (and liking) his job helps out in the stress/weight loss department? A neighbor of mine stopped by yesterday and is doing a local program called Fresh N'Fit - she gets all her meals made for her 5 days a week; she only cooks on the weekends. The Fresh N'Fit meals are 1200 calories total and she can add a piece of fruit or low cal snack of some sort. I think she said she spends about $100 a week for it. What does NS cost these days???

Carrie - Sorry your DS is going through a tough time. He's actually the smart one if he holds off dating for a little while and focuses on himself. Rebound dating is typical, but what if this gal in his English class falls for him...then she'll be hurt too. When I got divorced, I wouldn't "date" for a year. Okay, I flirted, but I didn't "date."

back to work...argh.....too bad I need money to survive, otherwise I'd quit!

Joni135
10-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Hey Nicole - we were SP (simultaneously posting). !!!!!!!## ** && ?? (here are some upper case keys for you to cut and paste).

You sure are feisty today...I caught a little bit of Oz yesterday. Most of the times he is on the show he wears scrubs and Birkenstock shoes (or clogs or something). One day they need to have a makeover day for Oz, I guess. I watched the show up until the lady started boo hooing about tanning too much. A little too much drama for me.

Gotta run...phone is ringing.

JLem311
10-30-2007, 03:13 PM
hi everyone. just a quick post to check in.
i've been POP since yesterday. just wish i could start exercising again. i've gotta wait for at least 2 more weeks.

we're flying to chicago on friday to see dh's dad. he's battled cancer for a long time now and they are finally stopping chemo treatments since it's spread to his bones and there's nothing that will stop it this time. they're medicating him and keeping him comfortable, but that's it. so, yet another painful thing to deal with...sometimes, it's just too much. dh is shipping off in a few weeks, so this was the only time we'll be able to see him...they're not giving him much time past the end of the year. so, hopefully, he'll still be around for xmas so when dh is on leave, he'll be able to see him one last time.
so hard, i just don't know what to do to comfort him and i'm not really up for it anyways since i'm still barely managing myself these days.

then after our chicago trip this weekend, i'm flying to see the kids next weekend for a week for my DS's 2nd bday. :) i'm looking forward to that and can't wait. it seems like my sept trip was so long ago. but that's probably because so much has happened since then.

and after i get back from seeing the kids, dh will be leaving a few days after that. :( so not only am i trying to piece myself back together, dh's dad not doing well, now dh is leaving soon. and after his 2wk xmas leave, he'll be gone til late june. and i am here in NC trying to pack us up and move us to SD in january. ugh. seems like my plate is soooo full and i don't have the energy to deal with any of it.

anways..this has turned into a sad/pity party story..so i'm gonna stop for now.

thinking about napping for a few hours since i can't workout.

enjoy the evening everyone.

Edi
10-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Today is my first day and I really need your help. In the last 2 years
I have lost my only child and now other family members. Stress eating
has put a whooping 45 pounds on me. I have decided for the sake of
my health and to once again feel good about myself I want to get this
weight off. I took a long walk this morning and I ate a healty subway for lunch. Thanks in advance for any help and encouragement.

chiquita623
10-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Joni - I hear you about the money to survive part. I keep telling DBF that he needs to hit the lottery in order to keep in the the manner that I could grow to be accustomed to. He just laughs at me. Go figure.

Carrie - I feel for you. When DD got divorced from her husband she was a mess. She and her toddler came home to live with me for a while and it just broke my heart seeing her so upset and depressed every day. All I can say is the same as everyone else, just be there for DS when he needs you.

Where are the Kims? And Repo Katie? And everyone else that's been missing? Helloooooo - please come back.

aguerin
10-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Hello all and Welcome to all the newbies. Sorry I haven't posted much lately, but I have been on Travel.

But I'm back, back in the office and don't really care to be here anymore. Its amazing how being out of the place you work can plant dread when having to return.

Congrats on the 34's Dan. Goold Luck to all the ones who are doing TO. I did it Fri/Sat and it was torture, but it got the 5 lbs off I gained in DC the week before.

Not sure where I stand on the latest Holiday Challenge. I think I am down some, but not enough. And I set my goal LOW too. I just aint' trying much anymore. Just trying to maintain, I guess.

KSingleton
10-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Hey Guys! I have been reading through the posts and WOW!!! There is so much going on! I am stuck again..The scales haven't moved from 175 in about 1 1/2 weeks. It is so hard to stay OP when the scales aren't moving anyway.

About the post on size. When I started LAWL, I weighed 198 and wore a size 18. I've lost 23lbs, and I am still wearing my 18 jeans. Granted they are pretty big, but they still work. I've tried on size 16 jeans and they just aren't comfortable. I have moved down to size 16 in my dress slacks, dresses, suits, etc. I can even wear some of my size 14's, but I guess jeans just don't stretch enough over my hips!!!

oh well, a few more pounds and maybe I can buy size 16 jeans.

Joni135
10-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Welcome Edi - hope our group can help you through the good times and the bad times. Best of luck to you.

Hi Jillian - Hey - sleep is good for you and it sounds like you need it. Your body will thank you too. Don't worry about not exercising for now. Shoot, at least you have an excuse. What's mine?

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I wish I had great words to share on how to comfort him, but I don't. Be as upbeat as possible (under the circumstances). If there is anything you or your DH want to ask him, now is the time. For the sake of conversation, you can always talk about DH and ask your FIL what some of his happy memories are of his son growing up. Of course, he may not feel like doing anything but sleeping, so be prepared for that. How is your DH handling his father's illness? Some men really close up when dealing with this type of stuff and that can be hard on both of you. You both are going through a lot right now and I want you to know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

TimeForThinnerMe
10-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Carrie - sorry about your DS; I think it’s much harder on guys than anyone knows and as mom it is so hard to see them go through these things.

Jillian – sorry to hear about your FIL; it’s a difficult situation and you're probably exhausted.

Emily – the nights will get better and you will be able to get some sleep; I have 2 little 10 lbs dogs that would bark their heads off if anyone tried to come in.

Welcome Edi – I’m new also and have already received support and motivation from the group (they’re all awesome).

On a lighter note, a girlfriend of mine sent me a note today about Why 'Fellows' Shouldn't Take Messages (I'm sorry Dan).....the note on the fridge read:
HONEY,
SOMEONE FROM THE GYNA COLLEGES CALLED.
THEY SAID THE PABST BEER IS NORMAL.
I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU LIKED BEER.
XXOXXO

Hope ya'll have a good evening. :)

BarbaraB
10-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Ah Jillian, when it rains it really does pour! Poor girl, I just pray that there are some smiles mixed in with all the tears and that you don't let it get you down. It is really great that you are managing to stay POP. Really eating the healthy LAWL foods is probably better for you at this point in time than any junk food would be. Its great that you get to see your kids again and get to move closer to them where you can see them more often. It sounds like it is quite a good coparent relationship you have with their father and that is such a blessing for the children. Hopefully all these changes bring good things into your life and your DH's.

Carrie, my DD was one who had the rather suddenly obtained new boyfriend. I think it was just a way to really really end a relationship that had turned quite stormy and needed to be over. Neither one of them seemed to be strong enough to really say it was over before that. Hey he is only 18, so many kids have never had a significant other at that age. Great that he is close to his sisters.

Krista, 10 days is not so long in the grand scheme of your life. Most likely your body is busy trying to shrink itself in so that you can fit in those smaller pants and will get back to the business of making the scale move sometime soon. I often had a nice big drop after a nice long plateau. Really the closer to goal that you get, the harder it will be to move the scale, so you just have to be prepared if that is the way it is for you (not everyone has that happen, but more people do have it go that way than not).

amylou7777
10-30-2007, 07:16 PM
So sorry to hear about all of the hard times you are facing right now Jillian. We are here for you when you need to vent about all that life is throwing at you right now. Hang in there!!

Carrie-I agree that being single is probably the best thing for him. If he takes it day by day and tries to find himself on his own, who's to say a nice girl won't ask him out!! I hope he's getting better, poor guy!

Nicole-you are fiesty today! haha, I loved that Joni called you out. I'm glad you are in for POP. I've done really good today...for some reason having to come on here and post if I've had a successful POP day is really motivating. I hope it gets you too!

Emily-wow Bdf started that job quick! I hope you make it through tonight better than last! Dan is right-it will become routine!

Felicia-love your kids comments!

ok-gotta figure out a nice POP dinner!

bayoubelle68
10-30-2007, 11:20 PM
I have to share another funny/crazy thing that was said in my class. It happened last year. Remember that I teach second grade. During snack time, a little boy (let's call him Leroy) came up and said, "Mrs. Pate, I didn't bring a snack." "I'm sorry, honey," I said. (I had to stop providing snack a few years ago. It was breaking me!) He continued, "Well, two girls at my table are sharing their snacks and it's pissing me off bad!" I tried not to react to his choice of words. I long ago found out that the bigger reaction they get causes them to use the word again just for shock value. I smiled and said, "Leroy, I think there's a better word you could use." He looked thoughtful for a long moment and said in a puzzled voice, "It's pissing me off badly?" I literally had to bite the inside of my lips to keep from cracking up!

EmilyLashea
10-31-2007, 12:25 AM
Thanks Dan, Donna, Amy, and even you Nicole :D [idiot was one of many words that came into my mind. It's definately a better job, but it still sucks for me!]

:wave: Hi to the Newbies!

Krista- I'm right about where you are with the sizes. I am in 16 for the most part in jeans though, but no 14's in anything yet.. can't wait for that!!

Donna- I got the same e-mail at work yesterday.. and it is so true! Sounds like a message I'd get from DBf! ;)

Felicia- At least he was trying to be proper!! :rofl:

Kimberly and Amy- I'm directing this at you because you're students.. [but anyone feel free to answer.. I would love the input.] When you're out for class (or work) and gone from the house all day with no way of heating/cooling things... what do you do not only stay on plan, but to get everything in... [my main problem!]

Have a good night everyone. :yawn:

amylou7777
10-31-2007, 01:10 AM
Emily-I keep a cooler in my car and have a fridge at work. I mostly bring chopped raw veggies, lunch meat, wasa crackers and whole fruit to keep in the cooler. I try to pack as much as I can so that I'm not stuffing it all in later in the evening. At work I usually bring left overs from the night before and occasionally do a lean cuisise and salad. We have a water cooler at work so I constantly have water which keeps me full if I happen to not bring a lot of food that day.

Speaking of eating at work-I have to vent and talk about how hard it is to see the three SKINNY women that I work with come in every day with greasy mexican food. 2 of them literally eat the greasiest mexican food almost every single day!! The other day they wanted to order a pizza together and asked if I wanted to go in on it--I kind of paused and luckily she responded..."Oh nevermind-Amy is a healthy eater!" -I was shocked and so glad she said something bc part of me wanted to just be normal and go in on a pizza! yeah NSV! I had forgotten about it but I guess they have noticed I'm chomping on red bell peppers as they chow down a chimichanga!

alright-time to tivo through the biggest loser!

amylou7777
10-31-2007, 01:12 AM
oh-and I've made friends with the cook at the school cafeteria-he makes me sauteed veggies and chicken breast which is not on the menu! love him!
Do you have a salad bar? That saves me too!

EmilyLashea
10-31-2007, 01:22 AM
Amy- A cooler in your car as in packed down with ice type cooler? I had thought about that, just seemed a little messy.. I could see myself ending up with a floorboard full of water :lol:

zambejaly5
10-31-2007, 08:50 AM
Lettie - that is great that you have lost almost 10 lbs this month with a very busy social calendar to boot!! I know you are doing NS, but do you also think the relief from DH getting (and liking) his job helps out in the stress/weight loss department? A neighbor of mine stopped by yesterday and is doing a local program called Fresh N'Fit - she gets all her meals made for her 5 days a week; she only cooks on the weekends. The Fresh N'Fit meals are 1200 calories total and she can add a piece of fruit or low cal snack of some sort. I think she said she spends about $100 a week for it. What does NS cost these days???

yes I think it is a combo effect. LAWL was stressing me out too, it is nice to just not think. just have healthy meals like a normal healthy person and still lose weight, I buy my NS through QVC. they had a deal that was weekends off. so I plan out my weekends with exchanges like LAWL, so I get 20 days of food for $185, with tax and s&h it comes to $205 a month. but then I bought somebodys month that they didn't want, on ebay, so I am not taking many days off. I try to do it all the time unless it is a day like the wedding or our anniversary or something, My friend is doing the regular NS and she is pay just over $300 a month. We are eating out alot less, and my grocery bill is lower so my grocery bill comes out almost the same for the month including my NS food.

Big WOOHOO to Dan!! 34s!!!! very nice,

big kick in the pants to Kim...... I noticed no one else had done that yet so I will give you two.

Jillian-- don't rush yourself, get healthy......... I am glad you will get some time with your kids, that will be good.

k...... got to run. busy busy busy.

Hi to all newbies!!!

Howdy Nicole, Liza, Joni, Liz, and every one else.......... got to get to the Orthodontist with my daughter.......

have a great day.

MomOfThreeTeens
10-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Nicole and Lettie-Never thought I would say thank you for a boot to the butt! LOL Thanks guys! I threw the wedding cake in the trash! I've had 3 POP days and man it feels good! I've been drinking hot lemon water like its my bestest friend! Its not too hard to drink it since its turning cooler outside. Yesterday I added the lemon to my flavored hot tea, little Splenda and it helps tame the cravings!

Jillian-I'm so sorry for everything you're going through sweetie. I know sometimes it seems like its more than we can stand, just hang in there and know we're all here for you!

Amy-Glad your traveling is over for now! Good to see you around again!

KrispieD
10-31-2007, 09:57 AM
Happy Halloween!
I am here but got smacked by a whopping flu bug! I have to teach today and I'm trying to rest up as much as I can to go trick or treating with my babies.. they've been waiting for today for over a month!
Nicole.. you BET I watched the game on Monday.. I've been celebrating ever since. Now I have to order me a Packers sweatshirt.. seem to be outrageous on NFL.com but have to wear my colours proudly :)
I hope all the sons and daughters going through breakups are surviving.. I broke up with my boyfriend of 5 years and I was devastated. There was just nothing my mom could do for me and I dread the thought of my girls ever experiencing heartache. Once I healed and met Mark my now hubby, we've been together 15 years.. I realized that if I hadn't gone through all the heartache with the former boyfriend I wouldn't have appreciated so many of Dh's qualities that he had. So time does heal but when you are a teen or young adult it is so crushing. I hope they all mend soon!
Jillian I'm thinking of you and glad you will get to see your kids soon.
Everyone else it sounds like you are all working hard and Dan is getting even smaller.. keep it up and enjoy a frightful day!

Dan2112
10-31-2007, 09:57 AM
Kim... Good on you for making the right choices! It's hard to throw cake away, I should know... Keep up the POP!!!

Morning everyone... Man am I dragging today... I really don't feel like being here.. I guess the only consolation is that I'm taking tomorrow off for no other reason than I just feel like taking it off... Sucks that I have to be back here Friday, but I have too much to do that day to not be here..

Ah well.. Enough grousing on my part..

Have a POP day, all.. AND STAY OUT OF THE HALLOWEEN CANDY!!!! :lol:

MomOfThreeTeens
10-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Dan-It was a big wake-up call when I had to move the ticker the WRONG WAY! No more weeklong cheats for me! LOL

EmilyLashea
10-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Good Morning All :)

Kim- Good for you for throwing the cake away! :cp:

Kristen- Sorry to hear you're feeling lousy...

:wave: to everyone else... I'm finishing up a nice POP breakfast & then its off to work :rolleyes:

LizzyW
10-31-2007, 10:59 AM
GM everyone,

Here is to another POP day. I am back down to 167 and I want to keep moving in the right direction. So I am so committed to being pop now. No more candy, cake, ... And of course we are going to a basketball game on friday. So we get to see two of my teams play against each other. The college here in ABQ (UNM) and Dan/My alma mater ENMU. Should be exciting, but I also plan to be good. Take some veggies with us so I don't go after the bad stuff.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Liz

Dan2112
10-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah right.. Nachos and "Lobo dogs" !!!!

The only bummer about the game is deciding which team to root for... Liz and I went to Eastern NM, but I also attended UNM... Add to that we don't really have any Lobo "gear" and my only Eastern stuff is WAY too big to wear now.. Darn the luck!!!

Joke for the day:
What are a Vampires favorite foods?

"I scream" and "Hallo-weenies"! :lol:

I know, I know.. I'll just shut up now...

Mama Nicole
10-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Happy Halloween.
still no upper keys.......dangit.....

I might have to buy myself a new keyboard today.

Just wanted to report that I had a 1.4 loss this week, and that makes me very happy. I think I have FINALLY, after a year of LAWL, resigned myself to the idea of only losing a pound or two a week. I always want that instant gratification........and unfortunately, you just don't get that a whole lot with LAWL. I really think I am finally ok with that. So whoohoooo.

I hope everyone has a fun day, and whatever your goal and strategy is for this day......you can do it :cheer:. Look how long you have been doing this already......today is not all that different than any other day filled with challenges. smooch.
XOXO

Lynx
10-31-2007, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=amylou7777;1912384]Emily-I keep a cooler in my car and have a fridge at work. I mostly bring chopped raw veggies, lunch meat, wasa crackers and whole fruit to keep in the cooler. I try to pack as much as I can so that I'm not stuffing it all in later in the evening. At work I usually bring left overs from the night before and occasionally do a lean cuisise and salad. We have a water cooler at work so I constantly have water which keeps me full if I happen to not bring a lot of food that day.

If I am leaving home for more than a few hours, I take an insulated bag with my food with me. Last Saturday, I was gone most of the day. It takes me 3 minutes or less to pack my protein and starch (usually Slimdown or Slimfast (with 1 skim string cheese), fruit, water, lites (or substitutes) and I am set.

I always try to carry my snack with me - a lite bar or substitute, but in a pinch, of course, I have purchased luna bars easily.

If I am going to a kid's party, I know there is a 90% chance that there is not a "on plan" choice to be served so I have a protein and starch before hand. After all, what do they serve at kid's parties except hot dogs, chips with dip or pizza? I would not be adverse to having a slimfast in my cooler and then going out to my car to drink it. It is better than going hungry or caving in to something I don't want to eat.

Even when we are traveling, I take slimfast along and if I don't want to eat at a fast food restaurant, I have an alternative.

Regarding the cake thing - my bil tried to leave the rest of his son's birthday cake at our house last Thanksgiving. I wasn't even on this program then and I said no.

Happy Halloween everyone - I am treating myself today. What I am doing is planning to eat some of my favorite "on plan" meals so that I don't feel deprived. Also I am cutting up my lite so that it lasts longer.

Take care,

week 43
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 53 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Current weight Oct 31 – 146.6

Lynx
10-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Note: For some reason, the quote thing did not work as it usually does. The first paragraph of my post above is Amy's message.
The rest is mine.

week 43
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 53 lbs.

chiquita623
10-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone. Hope everyone is having a terrific Halloween and staying far away from the sweet stuff. So far, I am managing to do that.

As many of you may remember, my COD moved me from Gold to Green last Monday and one of the other counselors was pretty unhappy about that. Well I went to WI today and the District Manager was there (she was the only one there so I had to see her) and she told me that I cannot under any circumstances be on green and that I have to go back to Gold tomorrow. She also told me that since I only have 3 weight loss weeks left that I need to buy more. I politely refused telling her that I had already spent enough money there. She told me no problem, they could just use some of my maintenance weeks. (This is the nicest she's ever been to me.) So I guess I'm supposed to be following Gold again starting tomorrow. I am so confused because I keep getting conflicting stories about what I'm supposed to be on and why I either can or can't. There is really no real point to this post just venting. Thanks for listening.

aguerin
10-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Laurie: One of the tricks that I used so that I didnt have to purchase more WL weeks was to buy the stabalization/Maintenance plan. I have been pretty much accountable to myself the whole time anyway and that just kept me going to the center. They don't (or my COD didn't) really look at your log books during that phase anyway unless there is a problem. I just refused to pay $12.00 per week for them to look at my book and then me leave.

aguerin
10-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Is anybody going Trick Or Treating Tonight? If so, what are you going to be?

My sons are 16 and 14 and for the love of me my DH asked me last night if we were going to go Trick or Treating. I thought he had lost his ever loving mind. But my response was, Do you want to go TorT? We usually walk the neighborhood so the exercise will be good. Get to see alot of friends too.

Nicole: What are you and the kids going to be?
Lettie?

Kim0303
10-31-2007, 02:09 PM
Emily, I know I will have everyone screaming on this one. However, as a teenager I was stalked and someone actually tried to get in my home after I returned one night and my parents were at home. This same crazy person was a peeping TOM. So at an early age, I learned how to use a hand gun and have a dog in the house. Of course my current dog is 17 and wouldn't here a train going through my house but I still have my gun under my head even with a 6'2" guy that works out daily laying next to me. So get over being by yourself or go take a gun course. My DD knows never to come home from a friends in the middle of the night if she gets ill or something without calling. She is well aware mom has a gun and travels with it. That is my take on sleeping well.

healthy2b
10-31-2007, 02:18 PM
:haphal:

Laurie- I will be out of weeks pretty soon also and I'm not going to purchase more either....they told me that I would have to go it alone unitl I lost what I wanted and then I could come back and do stabilization and maintenance. They are going to take the extra weeks it takes me to lose the additional weight off of my maint. weeks. I originally got 50% off of my losing weeks but still is way too much money for me to spend any more especially when we already have been on the program long enough to know what to do on our own.

TT Kim - good for you ...tossing out the cake...I seem to be doing that a lot lately....I'll make a cake for the kids while they're home and then they leave and I have most of it left (they aren't big on sweets but like to have a little now and then...They take after their dad....I'm a big sweet eater and he hardly ever eats sweets...why oh why couldn't I be that way??) so I end up throwing it out because if I keep it I would be the only one eating it:(

I finally went today during my lunch and bought candy for the trick-or-treaters. Didn't want it in the house....

On Biggest Loser last night....the cheater guy lost 33 lbs!!!! I know that the first 17 were probably just from the water he drank before the last WI but still thats a lot of weight in 1 week...how is that possible !?! I know some people that lost weight that quickly because of weight loss surgery and both ended up having gallbladder surgery because the doctors say that losing so fast ruins the gallbladder...so how is this healthy?

chiquita623
10-31-2007, 02:26 PM
Isn't that funny how we all get different stories from the COD. Anyway, she did tell me that it was only $5.00 for more weight loss weeks but doggone it, it's the principal of the thing. Tell me after the hundreds of dollars that they haven't made enough money off of me. OK - enough griping.

I forgot TBL was on last night. I wanted to see it to see what kind of repercussions there were from the cheater guy. I'm sure someone on here can give me the scoop.

MomOfThreeTeens
10-31-2007, 02:32 PM
Kristen-I would NEVER encourage you to eat candy BUT just an FYI...Smarties only have 25 calories in a roll and NO fat. Not a bad choice candy wise IF you can stop at one roll! LOL

Laurie-I'm sorry they are jerking you around about which plan to be on. Like I posted before, I was told that I wouldnt be moved to Green until I got down to 134. So I stayed on Gold until I reached my goal. If you arent hungry on Green I dont see why it matters, unless it stalls your weightloss from being too few calories. I hope they get something figured out for you!!!

EmilyLashea
10-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Lynn- Thanks for the ideas. I always cut up my lites too and snack on them through the day..

BarbaraB
10-31-2007, 02:52 PM
Laurie, That is just a little weird that they make such a federal case over gold versus green. Have you tried replacing a bar with a shake or cocoa lite instead. This will cut probably more calories than the gold to green difference and might just be enough to keep you losing and I bet you big money that they won't go all psycho on you over it. I really like the cafe au lait or cocoa now that it is colder out. It may be enough to keep you losing.

I think I've decided to not eat any candy today. I was planning on going and weighing in today, but I didn't, and I've not been to the COD in so long.... and I know if I have any candy that I won't want to go in tomorrow..... If I manage to go in and have a good weigh in tomorrow (in the 3 pound maintenance range again), then I will let myself have that one piece of candy.... If I'm still over the 3 pound maintenance range, well then no candy . I've not been on a scale in awhile (a couple of weeks), since I was just getting so frustrated by the lack of any movement down of the scale. So lets hope the lots more exercise and trying to eat more fiber does something for me.... oh well.. I think I'll go and drink more water... hot lemon water for halloween for me, but if the scale is actually back down, it will be worth it.

EmilyLashea
10-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Kim#3- I have thought seriously about going and getting my gun license.. I don't really think anyone would break in in the area that we are but it would definately make me feel more secure. DBf has a gun and I know where it stays but I've thought of going and getting my license so it will be legal. Would have adog, but DBf isn't crazy about dogs in the house...

I wanted so bad to dress up for Halloween ta work today, but we got an e-mail Monday from management stating that we had better not show up dressed up! They're no fun! :tantrum:

chiquita623
10-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Good point Barb. Think I'll get some cocoa next time I'm in there and use that instead of a lite.

I have decided not to indulge in any candy tonight. Right now my resolve is pretty strong. We'll see when it's time to actually open the candy and put it in the bowl.

chica33
10-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Does anyone know if Laughing Cow Cheese lite is on program?

BarbaraB
10-31-2007, 03:04 PM
Laurie, I'm going to imagine that I'm eating the candy that belongs to those cute little kids... and that we won't have enough if I eat any of it... Probably not true, but it might be enough to get me to not eat it... plus enough hot lemon water and it will not taste all that great anyway right? I won't sink so low as to eat candy meant for small children....

chiquita623
10-31-2007, 03:26 PM
What a good, sweet, caring person you are Barbara. Makes me wish I could be more like you!!! (jk) Whatever is left over is coming to work with me tomorrow and I'm going to give it to whoever wants it!!! There is one person I work with that keeps asking me what I want from the store when they go get stuff for the office. I keep telling her nothing. So she comes back yesterday and puts a huge bag of dark chocolate candy in the middle of my desk and tells me I deserve it for being so good. I promptly dumped it in the candy jar on the counter and told her that she is to NEVER do that to me again!! Needless to say, she's not speaking to me today. Oh well you win some, you lose some.

bayoubelle68
10-31-2007, 03:31 PM
chica - I was told that 2 wedges of LC lite cheese = 1 dairy. I LOVE it!!!!

zambejaly5
10-31-2007, 03:34 PM
Is anybody going Trick Or Treating Tonight? If so, what are you going to be?

My sons are 16 and 14 and for the love of me my DH asked me last night if we were going to go Trick or Treating. I thought he had lost his ever loving mind. But my response was, Do you want to go TorT? We usually walk the neighborhood so the exercise will be good. Get to see alot of friends too.

Nicole: What are you and the kids going to be?
Lettie? it is really just another day for us. we don't really do Halloween. I have a close friend whos brother used to be ........ ok.... to avoid stirring up a big controversy I am just going to call it "an alternate form of religion"...... in whiched he worshipped the opposite of God..... He is now christian. but the stories he can tell will curl your hair. I know most people see it as a fun day for the kids. but really its roots are deeper than that. so we avoid it. plus none of us need the candy. kids don't need that much sugar to get sick. My oldest son was fighting something over the weekend, got feeling better and then came home sick as a dog yesterday, He said he felt fine til last period when someone had a bunch of candy and he over indulged, by the time he got home from school, the headach was back, the snotty nose, the cough, all of it, slammed him all over again. I think he learned something! we also live on 12 acres outside of town, with a 1/4 mile drive way and a gate at the end. No one comes looking for candy. even if I wanted to my schedual would not allow for much. 3:30 #3,4,5 get off the bus, 3:45 I have to leave and pick up #1 son, and we all go to the chiropracter for our weekly visit. then head back this way.. pick up kid #2 @5 . drop kid #1 off at work @ 6, take numbers 2,3,4,5 home and race back to the church by 7 for the cooking class that I have been helping Womens Ministries with. which will get over around 8:30 or so, kid #1 will walk from work to the church at 8. ..... the skating rink he works at is right behind our church. then I can get home aroun 9:30... see no time!

Emily, I just noticed your "check the ticker" weight in your profile! You are one smart cookie! It is such a pain to change the profile everytime you update the ticker! I am going to have to do that.

bayoubelle68
10-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Our students left school at noon today and we had a teacher inservice. We finished early and now I'm twiddling my thumbs until we can leave at 3:15. I can't wait! After all, I have a vampire and a Tinkerbell to dress and photograph!! DH is out of town, so I'll be doing it all on my own. I know there are wonderful single mothers who ALWAYS do everything on their own, but when you're not used to having to do that, it's a bit of a challenge! Times like these always make me appreciate DH even more!

On half-days like today, we always have a catered luncheon. I did okay. It was catered by a local BBQ restaurant and the lunches were already boxed for us. In my box was a chicken wing and breast with BBQ sauce on the side, potato salad, and baked beans. I ate the chicken and few bites of the salad and beans. I know they aren't exactly OP, but I'm not going to beat myself up over a few bites of food. At least I avoided the cheesecake and chocolate-dipped almond brittle!

chica33
10-31-2007, 03:39 PM
bayoubelle...thank you so much for the info! I love it too....I love the garlic & herb and the french onion. They are both soooo good!!

amylou7777
10-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Felicia-wow-I would have totally caved for chocolate dipped peanut brittle. I've never had it dipped in chocolate!! Good for you girl!

Joni135
10-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Just a quick check in to say hi, happy halloween. My MIL is arriving any time now (a day earlier than I thought she'd be here) and DH and I are actually going to check out Netherworld (haunted house) later tonight (he doesn't get off work til 10P, so it will be a long night for me). I bought mini dum dums for the kids tonight. They'll just love me...NOT! It was that or shut off my lights and hibernate downstairs, but with MIL coming in, I couldn't shut the lights off, so I had to have something.

Kristen - hope you feel better and all your kiddos have a fun night if they are TorTreating.

dawn78
10-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy Halloween!

EmilyLashea
10-31-2007, 06:05 PM
Lettie- I'm not sure whose page I saw that on, but I thought it was a good idea :)

Have fun tonight everyone that's taking the kids out Trick-or-Treating!! I'll be here, at work... :rolleyes:

:haphal:

bradleys mom
10-31-2007, 08:58 PM
Emily - most of my classes are online, I only have one class at school and it is from 6-9 pm so I usually eat dinner then take an apple or grapes with me to school.

Well happy Halloween! I got in a fight with the halloween candy and the mini Snickers and Laffy Taffy won... EEK, you'd figure after a good WI I would be a little more disciplined. Think I may have to join that POP challenge!! lol

aguerin
11-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Congrats to all those (including me) who made it through Halloween without indulging in the candy. :carrot:

Lettie: I totally understand about the holiday / religion thing and I admire your choice. I try to look at it as a social event, as I usually see alot of friends that I usually don't see while out in the neighborhood.

Good Luck with the MIL Joni. Thank Goodness mine lives close enough she doesn't come and stay with us and she doesn't come over alot.

Felicia: Are you getting 1/2 day because of the holiday? And the School providing lunch? How nice

Emily: We didn't have any dresser-uppers other than one lady that had on some type of witch(?) dress. It was so bad, because she had fixed her hair and it actually looked better than I have ever seen it look (cause she never fixes it), and then I noticed the dress.

I did see one little chichuaua with an outfit on trick or treating last night. He won the cutes consume prize for me.

Don't forget todays goal: POP

Tuesday Cool
11-01-2007, 09:30 AM
For me Halloween is a fun social hour! We haunt the front yard. Coffins, head stones, body parts. the DH dresses as a zombie and I am death. I even dress up the dogs!
We give kids candy treats and parents get adult beverages. Several houses in the neighborhood go all out so all the neighbors go visiting to check out the competition!

bayoubelle68
11-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Amy - no, it wasn't the holiday. We have a half-day inservice once a month. This month's just happened to fall on Halloween. The school doesn't provide the lunch. We each pay about $6 each month, but it's worth it! We used to do potluck every month and this is easier than having schlep something up here!

healthy2b
11-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Good Morning all.....

Whew....made through Halloween and didn't even touch a piece of candy!!! I did bring some smarties to work though and they are sitting in the candy jar on my desk (for other people of course) and I'm not even tempted to eat any. We'll see how that goes as I get through the day.

DD dressed DGS as a pumpkin...he was so cute. She bought a small dog costume and it fit perfectly since she couldn't find anything to fit him in people costumes.

Joni-hope you enjoy your visit with MIL:)

aguerin
11-01-2007, 12:24 PM
What is wrong with people bringing their left over candy into work for those of us who can't have it, to breath over all day long?

I swear there is a 5 Gallon bowl full of all the chocolate hershey's makes in our breakroom for the office to graze on today. Mind you, I can resist most of the time, but peanut butter M&Ms? How much can a person take? Some one is going to tote an @$$ whipping if I eat just one piece.

amylou7777
11-01-2007, 12:31 PM
OMG I finally lost a pound!! Wahooo it felt good to move my ticker!! My COD is now closed on Tues/Thurs which are pretty much the only days I can go-so this is a home scale w/i but I added a pound bc that is usually how it goes once I get to the COD-their scale is about a pound more than mine!! So hopefully it is right! Man after 30 days of gaining, losing, gaining and having nothing to show for it-I am ready to be back on track and make this T-giving goal!!

Carrie-that new picture is absolutely gorgeous. Is it a professional shot?

Amy and Tuesday congrats on withstanding the candy! I'm still looking at a half a bowl of left overs myself. I've gotta get it out of here! TOM is here and weak moments seem to come more often around this time!

Joni-have fun with MIL. I noticed you did not put an E in front of that--I hope that means she's not that bad!

Ok-off to school!

chiquita623
11-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi Everyone. We didn't have too many trick or treaters last night so we had an enormous amount of candy left over. I gave part of it to DBF's grandson and he took the rest of it to work with him today. Thank heaven for small favors!! On a good note, I did not eat one piece of candy last night. Talk about hard and tempting!!

Dan2112
11-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Morning all..

We ended up with only two pices of candy left, so we just pitched into the kids' candy tin, which now rests on the top of our kitchen cabinets... I'm amazed at how much stuff they came home with..

Liz and I both snuck a couple pieces, but we didn't blow it completely...

Thankfully my sweet tooth is minimal, so I have no problem with having the candy around..

Been cleaning somewhat today and am about to go dump a load of my old clothes (YAY!!) and books off at good will..

Lynx
11-01-2007, 01:15 PM
What is wrong with people bringing their left over candy into work for those of us who can't have it, to breath over all day long?

I swear there is a 5 Gallon bowl full of all the chocolate hershey's makes in our breakroom for the office to graze on today. Mind you, I can resist most of the time, but peanut butter M&Ms? How much can a person take? Some one is going to tote an @$$ whipping if I eat just one piece.

Hi everyone,

I agree Amy. It is cruel to bring goodies to work just to get rid of them.
We had less trick or treaters than we forecast and had 2 bags of candy left that was not open. I returned the unopened bags to Target. For the second year in a row, I did not have one piece of candy. I remember a co-worker always saying that she did not know why she ate the candy bar when she should just stick on her thigh.

I saved my lite for the evening and broke it into 2 pieces. Let's continue the journey people so we can enjoy the prize at the end....

aguerin
11-01-2007, 01:23 PM
That is so funny Lynn. I agree. We work so hard to monitor, measure, and check off everything we eat and then blow it by a few pounds just to have a treat. :(

I haven't gave in yet though. But I'm telling you that bowl has ALL the good stuff in it. Carmel pieces, Miniature Reece Cups, Snicker Bars, etc.

JLem311
11-01-2007, 01:29 PM
hey everyone. just checking in quick, then off to work for the night. dh and i watched a few scary movies last night and we shared a few twizzlers since they are my fave...better than candy bars, i suppose. i'm not beating myself up over it because i planned on having a treat. it was nice.

well, we're off to chicago in the morning til monday, then work for 3 days, then off to south dakota for a week. :)

hope everyone has a great weekend.

EmilyLashea
11-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Hello All!

No candy for me last night.. Congrats to all who are with me on that one!LOTS of leftovers though and the SweetTarts are calling my name. I'm going to have DBf take it all to work so I don't have to look at it! :)

POP for me yesterday and working towards day 2 of making sure I get everything in!

Anyone have a recipe for OP cornbread? For some reason I have gotten in my mind that I want cornbread and mac&cheese for supper...

emmysmom
11-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Here's a recipe for you, Emily...

Recipe: Cornbread

Nutritional Value
1 Starch
1 Fat

Ingredients
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup egg substitute
3 Tbsp canola oil

How to Prepare
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Coat 8 inch baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
In medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and sugar.
In separate bowl, combine milk, egg substitute, and oil.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until moist.
Pour batter into prepared dish. Allow to rest 5 minutes before baking.
Bake about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned, and when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cut into 12 squares, about 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches each.

Servings: : Makes 12 servings
Serving size: 1/12 th of bread

EmilyLashea
11-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks emmysmom.. thats pretty much how i already make it.. just without the sugar. I just thought maybe my way wasn't OP. Anyway, do you just count it as a starch?

healthy2b
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm reading everyone talk about not bringing candy to work.....I would agree if I worked with someone other than men....my entire work place is men except for me and they love it when I bring candy or cake or whatever ......None of them are even close to being over weight so they can eat all they want....makes it hard on me though when we have luncheons....every quarter we have a cook out, being all men it is usually steaks, baked potato, salad, etc....and turtle cheesecake for dessert...yum..everything is bought and paid for by the company so I usually let whom ever is doing the shopping know in advance to buy chicken breast for me instead of steak and a sweet potato instead of regular etc.....they use to give me a hard time about it but they are getting use to it now. I have even been able to pass on the cheesecake and bring my own sf pudding or something like that if I think I might not be able to just go without.

healthy2b
11-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Oh...Amylou...it is not professional but I love it...my DSonIL took it in the hospital right before they took him home. The hand belongs to DH also known as "POPS"

amylou7777
11-01-2007, 03:22 PM
wow it is just gorgeous. Would look great blown-up, matted and framed!

Where is Katie and pics of baby Jackson?? Haven't heard from her in forever!

bayoubelle68
11-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey, guys! My class is at recess for 15 minutes, so I have a little break.

I am SO ready for DH to come home! I just don't sleep well without him. I hear EVERY little noise, etc. My mom is coming tomorrow so that she can go with me and the kids to our school's Fall Carnival. That, of course, means that I need to clean the house from top to bottom tonight! She doesn't mind my mess - and actually enjoys cleaning things up for/with me - but I thought it would be a nice surprise for her if the house was clean and she could just relax and visit. Besides, DH is coming home late Friday night and I love to have a clean house for him to come home to.

That being said, it will likely be a few days before I can post some pictures of Tinkerbell and Count Christopher from last night's fun!

healthy2b
11-01-2007, 03:44 PM
thanks amy...I thought the exact same thing

emmysmom
11-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Emily - 1 Starch, 1 Fat

Jamiep03
11-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

Hi my name is Jamie and I am 31 years old. I was just reading through the thread and said I have to join this. I just went back to LAWL after a year. I started the FF program yesterday and it has been a little rough. Looking through this thread I realized that you guys were very motivational and supporting so I figured I would join.

chiquita623
11-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Welcome Jamie. Everyone here is so helpful and we all understand the trials and tribulations of trying to get healthier. If you have any questions or need a good talking to, this is the place. Good Luck and Welcome.

Jamiep03
11-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Thank you Laurie I really appreciate all of your help.

amylou7777
11-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Welcome Jamie!!

Mama Nicole
11-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Well, congrats to everyone who was OP yesterday. I was OP all day, but last night I had me some candy :) And it was GOOOOOOOOOD. And, I had some CAKE......and I have to tell you, I made the very best white cake with white creamy dreamy frosting........and it was DIVINE......and it had spiderman on a 4 wheeler on top of it for 3 yo DS's birthday. It was a great treat for me, and Cassi can testify, that I LOVE CAKE. :) And I just kissed my boy over and over again when he said he wanted white cake with white frosting!!! Wow, did you all notice that my upper keys work again, and I can make my :)'s and my !'s? It's the little things, you know :) Anyway, I jumped right back OP this morning, and so far I am POP. I haven't decided if I regret last night or not yet......guess when I WI tomorrow I can let you know :) Actually, I already know, and I am fine with it. I had some treats, but I did not go crazy like I usually do.

Anywhoooo.......someone asked me what I dressed my kids up as.......it was Amy......well........Emily (17) was a football player, Bethany (12) was a she-pirate, Natalie (10) was a zombie, Adam (5) was Spiderman, and Andrew (3) was a pirate, "like Bethy." They were all adorable. I will try and post some pics soon. They all went trick or treating.....we all went together along with two other families in the neighborhood. It was really fun. Here in St. Louis, Halloween is a big deal, and it is totally "ok" to trick or treat no matter how old you are. It is for the young at heart.........man, I should have dressed up and gone :) I did put my witch hat on and a big nasty mole.......but that is as far as I went.

Lettie.......I completely respect your feelings on halloween, and I love that you are teaching your children to be true to their beliefs. So many people are so worried about making their kids happy, that they afraid to teach them values and/or how to make sacrifices. When are children become adults, they choose what they want to believe in. By teaching them values as children, we are not choosing what they believe.......we are teaching them, "how," to believe. And sure, I hope that my children believe in the same things I do, but I cannot control that. At the end of the day, however; I know I am teaching them morals and values, and they have a foundation to base important decisions on. The bonus is, these beliefs often keep them out of harms way, cuz they know they answer when someone asks them to go to a party that involves drinking and/or drugs. Oh, I should stop now :) I just wanted to let you know that I get it :)

Joni........did you leave the candy bowl outside, or did you hand the candy out? We always leave the bowl on our porch with a note that says, "take two or three please.....Happy Halloween.....-the Massie's. You would think the bowl might be empty....but there is always a bit of candy left in the bottom. Nice kids around here........we are lucky :) I think it is fabulous that you have a nice relationship with MIL. She is lucky to have you :)

Kim #2........I am afraid that the Smarties Kristen speaks of may be the delicious chocolate Smarties that are not sold in the US (at least not that I know of.) I purchased some of these delightful yum nuggets when I was in Germany......and let me tell ya.........YUMMY!!! They are kind of like M & M's, but a touch sweeter. I just love them.......

Are these the ones, Kristen?

Kim.........are you puckering up, or did you survive it?

Ok, I have to go........DH is waiting for me to watch The Office......and Grey's Anatomy........and ER.....and, oh, we are ridiculous on Thursday night. Hey, is anyone watching Private Practice?

Jillian.......I hope your trip to Chicago is nice. I know it will be hard.....but I hope it has some warm fuzzies to pink your heart back up a bit :)

Goodnight all :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
11-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks to this challenge I only licked a snickers this morning before I came to work! I didnt give in! And now I have led a so far POP day! Lets do it!!!!!!!!
:rofl:
I copied this from another thread......but it is so stinkin' funny, I wanted to make sure you all got to see it :) I feel your pain, Kimberly!!!
XOXO

bayoubelle68
11-01-2007, 11:43 PM
I SO don't want to go to school tomorrow! My mom is coming and I know she's going to come early, planning to clean my house and have it sparkling by the time I get home. I already cleaned it, so she's just going to get to sit around an relax - which she NEVER does at home. Well, I did leave her a couple of baskets of dirty laundry. If she doesn't have something to do, she'll implode! Anyway, I wish I could just take the day off and spend it with her! The kids would be at school and daycare and we could go have lunch and just chat. If only I didn't hate writing plans for a substitute, I would call in! But I don't want to spend the 2-3 hours required to write the sub plans, so I'll just enjoy Mom with the kids tomorrow afternoon! She's going to my school's Fall Carnival with us since DH is still out of town and then she's spending the night and going home Saturday afternoon sometime. It will be great to visit with her!

Jamiep03
11-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Thank you amy

bayoubelle68
11-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Welcome, Jamie, and all the other newbies!

Well, guys, my house is mostly clean. I'm so excited about my mom's visit, but even more excited about DH coming home!

Gotta run! School's waiting!

Jamiep03
11-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Good morning everyone. I am going back to the center today to get my first weigh in after my two days of detox. Once I get back I will let you ladies know how I did. Please wish me luck.

Thanks Felicia for the welcome.

aguerin
11-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Welcome Jamie. YOu have found a forum that will give you more information that you will ever get from one COD alone!

Has anybody calculated what it costs you per day to eat OP on this program? My yogurt, Lunas and sugar snap peas (I eat them every day) are costing me ~ $8.00 a day and that doesn't count everything else I eat. :yikes:

zambejaly5
11-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Lettie.......I completely respect your feelings on halloween, and I love that you are teaching your children to be true to their beliefs. So many people are so worried about making their kids happy, that they afraid to teach them values and/or how to make sacrifices. When are children become adults, they choose what they want to believe in. By teaching them values as children, we are not choosing what they believe.......we are teaching them, "how," to believe. And sure, I hope that my children believe in the same things I do, but I cannot control that. At the end of the day, however; I know I am teaching them morals and values, and they have a foundation to base important decisions on. The bonus is, these beliefs often keep them out of harms way, cuz they know they answer when someone asks them to go to a party that involves drinking and/or drugs. Oh, I should stop now :) I just wanted to let you know that I get it :)

that is so true, some many of my good friends miss that, I want to teach my kids how to make decisions not bully them into doing what I want. Our very best friends have a daughter and they flat out tell her what she can and can't do according to their beliefs but then she just does what she wants when they are not looking. With my kids I present the choices for them and let them chose. Like with my 15 year old daughter. sometimes what she decides to wear looks really bad. I don't tell her to change, I tell her she looks like a Whore and if that was the looks was going for she succeeded. Then she goes up stairs and changes. If I just said, "no, you are not going to wear that." I would have a fight on my hands. I always tell her if she wants to look like a whore that is her choice. most of the time she makes good choices. I really don't believe in imposing my beliefs on my kids until they are 18 and then just cutting them lose. I want them to mess up, make bad decisions, and fall on thier faces while they are under 18 and and in my house, so that I can catch them when they fall. Then I hope that when they are on thier own they will be able to make the right decisions and remember the lessons they learned. As far as Halloween goes. Where we live it is just so easy to ignore it. The schools don't do anything for it, the kids are not allowed to dress up. so they don't do anything at school, we live to far away from anyone to have people coming to our door. We are not in a neighborhood so we can't even just have a nice walk around the neighborhood and look at all the cute little kids. My son was working. it was just really busy, without trying to fit candy getting in.

ok. stepping down from the soap box....... sorry.

I can't believe it is friday already and November to boot! were on earth did this year go!!

we sold my husbands big Boom Truck this week. that will help pay off bills, but I know he was sad to see it go. so that is about the last of it for the tree service business. He is totally loving his new job, for which I am very thankful. Yesterday he got his new computer from work. a HUGE Mac with TWO 32" monitors, a whole bag of software ...... he is like a little boy at christmas. The office he will be working in is a new one for this area so it will not be built til Jan. sometime. so he will continue to work from home until then.

brrrrr. I have to go get some coffee. have a great day all!

and stay away from that candy!! :carrot:

lacorso
11-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Good Morning to all...I am restarting LAWL today, without the lites..cant afford them and they make me gassy...:sumo:..:?:I originally lost 17lbs or so, gained about 9 back, will update my ticker at a later time...anyways, is it the blue plan that i would use now, if i was on gold..since i am not using lights????it is good to be back..:hug:.I am going to bed now, i worked all night....
Thanks ..............>Linda

emmysmom
11-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Lettie - I don't tell her to change, I tell her she looks like a Whore and if that was the looks was going for she succeeded. Then she goes up stairs and changes. :rofl:

I agree with your parenting 100%...it just sounded kinda funny :) but very effective! My DH and I believe, too, that it's all about choices. Even at 3 1/2 yo, we offer our DD choices with everything and try not to tell her that she has to follow mommy and daddy. It seems to have worked very well with your children, so I hope it works just as well with Emmy.

Dan2112
11-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Good Morning to all...I am restarting LAWL today, without the lites..cant afford them and they make me gassy...:sumo:..:?:I originally lost 17lbs or so, gained about 9 back, will update my ticker at a later time...anyways, is it the blue plan that i would use now, if i was on gold..since i am not using lights????it is good to be back..:hug:.I am going to bed now, i worked all night....

:welcome: back Linda!!!!

Good to see you!!!

Not sure about your plan question, but I'm sure we'll figure it out...

emmysmom
11-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Welcome back Linda!

I don't use lites either. Gold with no lites would move you to Purple.

healthy2b
11-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Welcome Jaimie and Linda

Jaime- good luck at WI today!

Felicia - enjoy your visit with the mother!

Thank goodness its Friday. This weeks seems to have lasted forever!

Two of the kids are coming home for the weekend. THats two weekends in a row that at least one has come home well kind of..DS came home last Thurs. but left on Friday but at least we got to see him. I sent the last tuition payment yesterday for this semester....whew.....We have to pay in installments because I never know where the money is going to come from but somehow it shows up. When my first DD started college, she went to a private college because she wanted to go to the best nursing school in the state and so we did some investigating to see who had the best nursing exam passing rate etc. and sure enough it was also the most expensive. But anyway, when I met with the financial aid office I was floored when they told me how much money they would provide her in scholarships etc. and what the difference was. Of course, even after the "free money" they provided, the tuition would be short way more than we could afford. I'm sure I had a terrified expression on my face because I was thinking that there was no way that we could afford for her to attend this college even if we let her take out a small loan the differernce was way too much. The lady got up from behind her desk and came over and sat beside me on the couch that I was sitting on. She said to me...I know how you feel, it's quite overwhelming but if this is what is meant to be, I promise the money will come when you need it. She went on to tell me she felt the same way when her boys went to college and somehow, someway the money was always there even if she didn't know where it was going to come from, somehow miraculously it would be there. Well, we went ahead and enrolled her and made the first payment and every semester after that for four years the money would just be there just like she said. We do a lot of praying about it because we never knew if we would have the money and now have three in college, thank goodness they go to state school, but it still is overwhelming when that bill arrives....but somehow we make it. My two DDs that are in college should graduate in May so we will feel a heavy weight be lifted and won't know what to do with only one left to pay for. But as far as that goes, I should tell you all just in case you have a similar situation, that I found out that becasue my son has dyslexia that the state will pay his tuition for college. He had to go through a lot of testing with the state approved doctors and physcologists(they don't accept the testing done before or school records), but we got the news last week that they are going to pay....whoo hoo!!!! So starting next semester, the bill will go to the state instead of me so we'll see if it really is as good as they say and pay for everything. It's not just for dyslexia either, if your child has any kind of documented learning disability check to see if there is help available. In Texas the department that helps is called, Texas Department of Rehabilitative Services.

Well, let me stop now......I get started sometimes and go on and on.....

Have a great POP Friday!

Jrny2aNewMe
11-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Happy Friday All!

Well, I’ve finally got a chance to get on here and catch up on everybody this week.

We all had a blast in Vegas, but our time there was way too short. Didn’t see or do anywhere near what I had hoped – oh well, just means I’ll have to go back I guess. I was proud of the food choices I made while there, however, the copious amounts of alcohol that were consumed did yield a 3 pound gain when I got back. Why oh why don’t margaritas and mojitos count as fruit? . I have to share one thing – on the day we left I was dragging my 47 pound suitcase and a tote bag behind me and was complaining about how heavy it was, then I had a sudden realization that that was nothing compared to what I used to carry around on my body!

Welcome Donna, Emily & Chica!

Nicole – I love your take on Dr. Oz and his scrubs.  I have often thought the exact same thing. I liked it when he was on a couple of weeks ago and was actually wearing civies. Great job on the 1.4 pounds – WTG girl!

Jillian – My thoughts and prayers are with you and your DH’s dad. “Hugs”
BTW, I love the new avatar!

Edi – Welcome, you have found a great place for support.

Lettie – 10 pounds in one month – that’s awesome!

Dan – A big, er make that “little”, congrats on the 34’s!

Welcome Jamie!

My, we’re getting a lot of newbies here this week.

Welcome back Linda.

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

Jamiep03
11-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Thank you ladies for your welcome.

I will let you know what my WI is like when I get back in the afternoon.

Mama Nicole
11-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Lettie - :rofl:

I agree with your parenting 100%...it just sounded kinda funny :) but very effective! My DH and I believe, too, that it's all about choices. Even at 3 1/2 yo, we offer our DD choices with everything and try not to tell her that she has to follow mommy and daddy. It seems to have worked very well with your children, so I hope it works just as well with Emmy.

So, on the subject of choices....I, too, am a firm believer in giving our children choices.......but, that being said.....there is also this beautiful "out" for our kids if there are some things there are no choices about. I am sure you have your own set of absolute no's, but sometimes the simplist things can relieve a lot of pressure off of our children. Nowadays, it seems like our kids are overwhelmed a lot of the time, and that they don't have the opportunity to just be kids. I really think that part of that is due to the fact that we are constantly taxing their little brains with decisions. While it is important for them to learn to make choices, it is equally important to allow them to have a few short years of simplicity.

When I did daycare (I did certified home daycare for 14 years), I witnessed so many unecessary arguments between parents and preschoolers. It is a fine line though, cuz you have to choose your battles, and we all handle things differently.

Tina....this speech is so not about you :)......your comment just got me to thinkin :)

When my 17 yo DD has dressed a bit more provacatively than I find appropriate....I don't really say much, except something like, "honey, you may get some inapporpriate attention if you are wearing that...." We have discussed often how women are exploited and how that makes us feel, so she has a pretty good handle on that. She does like attention though........but really....who doesn't. And this girl is the all american girl....the girl next door.......whatever you want to call it. She attracts attention no matter where she goes. She is also friendly and polite and outgoing, so it just doesn't stop at her looks alone. I try really hard to treat her with the same respect I would a co-worker or a best friend, and for the most part, she respects my opinion. Mind you.........I continually repeat, "for the most part," cuz she is a teen ager, after all. Also.....there have been a very few times we have told her flat out, "you may not wear that outside of this house," and although she was unhappy, she didn't wear it....or pack it (yeah, I echecked :)). This is one of the times I am talking about....one of the times where this is NO choice in the matter. She is our child, and I refuse to give her the opportunity to go out look like a prostitute. But the bottom line is this......we have not nit picked EVERYTHING she has worn, or every make-up style she has chosen, or hair color, or any of that. We do not allow body piercing (safety), or tatoos (again, safety).....but other than that........we try to encourage our kids to find out who they are........and if that means dying their hair purple (I am talking about 14 year old, not 8 year olds), then so be it. As long as they are not crossing lines that include their well being and safety......I am ok with it. We all have our techniques, and our unique relationships with our children. What works with one, doesn't necessarily work with the next. I am very curious to see how 12 yo DD and I get along over these next years.

Also....I don't think it is always a bad thing for our kids to follow in our footsteps. Their little brains are not developed competely yet.....and when they are, they most certainly become their own people. I have found the most difficult part of parenting to be raising kids with self confidence. Anyone having any luck in that department?

Ok, so these are my thoughts......and only my thoughts.....so please take them just as that. I love the discussions that some up on this forum, and I love that we are all comfortable enough with each other to speak freely. I learn so much from this group. It is so interesting to me to learn how people in other part of the country and Cananda live. We only get little glimpses of each other's lives, but they are so enlightening :) And the parenting discussions are always so eye opening. Just talking about parenting helps keep me on my toes and aware of how we are raising our kids......and I feel very thankful for that. I like to make decisions about how I parent my kids, not fall back on what I have lived. Not that it was terrible.......but you know what I am saying. There are things all of us wish were different growing up. Anyway..........what up, soapbox hogger (me)..........thank you Lettie and Tina....you got me thinkin' :) :hug:

Ok, all of you without kids are probably ready to puke and smack me around........this is a WL forum for goodness sake :) You are all so patient with me and all of my words :) Is everyone staying OP this weekend? Oh, crap, I knew I should have WI this a.m. I need to set my weekend goal. Well, my last WI was 196.0.......so, I am shooting for 195.8. Baby steps, baby steps.

Any big weekend plans? It is my anniversary on Sat, but don't think we are going out or anything. Unless DH is planning something behind my back.....and I won't be holding my breath on that one...:lol: We are trying really hard to stick to a strict budget right now........so we have to be good.......you know.....Santa Claus is comming to town :)

Ok, I have to go.........I am spending wayyyy too much time here this a.m. :)
Have a great day, everyone :)
XOXO

Lynx
11-02-2007, 12:38 PM

Hi Linda,
Welcome back. My understanding is that you would use the purple plan if you are not using lites. Blue is reserved for those people who are exercising over 5 hours a week or who have let's say two jobs or a long day with school/work. I don't have access to the purple plan specifics since I jumped from red to gold. I can tell you that the portion sizes are larger on purple than on gold, but I am sure someone else will chime in.

week 43
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 53 lbs.

bayoubelle68
11-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Nicole - I love reading your posts! It's like sitting across the table from you, sharing a cup of coffee and gabbing!

I agree about choices. Our kids are 6 and 3, so there's not a lot to choose yet, but starting when they each about 14 months old, I would lay out two pairs of pants and two shirts (all of which matched, no matter what they chose) and let them pick what they wanted to wear. It wasn't a big deal, but it did allow them to feel a little bit in control. DS has done very well with that. He's very thoughtful and will really think out his decisions now. As far as his clothes, we have school uniforms, but I do let him choose navy or khaki pants, etc. On the other hand, 3YO DD is going to be the death of me! She has red hair and (forgive me, redheads!) the personality to match. She is very opinionated and verbal. I'm trying to find ways to channel her attitude, but it's not working yet! I was talking to another mom of a red-haired child and she, too, was saying how different her redhead is. I think a lot of it boils down to how much attention they are given for their hair color. Since DD was iddy-bitty, it's been like having a celebrity baby. Strangers will stop us on the street and say, "Look at that hair!" I guess now she's used to the attention and thinks it's her right to have the attention of everyone around her. I want her to believe that she's special, but I also want her to respect the fact that EVERYONE is special in different ways. She's a challenge! Of course, all three-year-old are a challenge, aren't they? :)

Jamiep03
11-02-2007, 01:53 PM
I just came back from WI and I lost 2.2 lbs. I am really excited.

emmysmom
11-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Yes, Felicia, all 3 year-olds are a challenge...at times :)

Since Emmy was little, I tried to take her to different classes and things...mainly because she's an only child and we don't any kids nearby, so I wanted her to interact with other kids. I know it has helped her self esteem tremendously...even if she is only 3. Right now she takes ballet and a music class once/week. A year or so ago, she was very shy around people but not so now. On Saturday, she went to a "Kids night out" at her ballet school. They do crafts, watch a movie, have pizza... Well it turned out that none of the kids her age showed up, so she was with girls 8-14 yo. Funny thing was that she didn't even care. She danced with them and played with them like she was their age. And when I picked her up everyone was saying "Bye, Emmy", "See you next time"...made me feel very good to know that she is comfortable in her own skin.

bayoubelle68
11-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh, guys, I just have to tell you this: Tonight is our school's fall carnival and the rental company brought the blow-up slides early so our kids could enjoy them during the day. My kids were on the track for PE and while I was outside to get them, one of the slides ROLLED OVER with two adults and about 20 PreK kids on it! All of the other grown-ups scrambled to find kids who were trapped under it and to try to get everyone else off of it. Most of them hit the pavement, some of them were hurt in various places, all of them were terrified! I was lifting up the end where I was and dragging kids out from under it. There were about 10 totally underneath it. One little girl (the daughter of one of our teachers) latched onto me (as the first adult she saw), so I was holding her (as she howled in my ear) while dragging kids out with my free arm. Every grown-up out there was frantically finding kids. It was just a nightmare! Thank God nobody was badly hurt! Needless to say, I will not be allowing either of mine to slide tonight!! They need to move them onto the grass at least!

Jrny2aNewMe
11-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Oh Felicia - how awful! Glad to hear nobody was seriously hurt.

Dan2112
11-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Felicia.. Yikes.. That's really scary.. Glad the injuries weren't too severe...

Jaime.. Way to GO!!!! Keep it up!

Mama Nicole
11-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Holy crap, Felicia.....that's the kind of stuff you see on the 5:00 news, not on YOUR school playground. How awful.

healthy2b
11-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Nicole - I agree with you on the raising kids thing.....you brought up to choose our battles .....well, that is something my mom taught me long ago.....and when my kids would test me to see how far they could push...I would tell myself often to think about it and choose my battles wisely...I think this is so important! You can't harp on every little thing no matter how bad you want to or you know that they are making a bad choice because you have to let them make mistakes...how else will they learn. You just have to let them go and be there when they fall. It's really hard sometimes and you wonder if you chose the right battle but in the end when they turn out to be well balanced, intellegent, well behaved young adults it's all worth it.

healthy2b
11-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Felicia - How scarey!!!!!!!

aguerin
11-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Talk about a law suit, Felicia. Sounds like someone could have suffocated (sp?). Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt.

Congrats on the 2.2 Jamie.

I;m so excited - Its Friday and I am almost off of work. I don't have a thing fun planned, but at least I won't be here. :)

KrispieD
11-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Greetings Everyone and welcome back Linda
Felicia I'm glad to hear everyone is okay and thank goodness for level headed teachers like yourself to jump in a rescue. I'm amazed they set it up on pavement and hope all the little ones are okay. I'm guessing those that were involved will be steering clear of the slide for a while
We are off to Buffalo to see the Bills play the Bengals.. the last of our bday celebrations for a while I hope. My body is screaming to get back on a normal eating schedule and I look forward to a cleanse next week once we are home and normal again.
The girls have been really good and we'll be making pizza together for them to eat. Halloween was busy and the amount of candy they got was insane. Luckily they are young enough to have forgotten that they got so much and we have hidden it away. As long as they still think of an apple as dessert I intend to keep it that way.
Kudos to all for such great parenting discussions. Every time you tell a story it can help someone else out and we all seem to be doing our job with love..the rest is just details.
Must go and fetch my princesses but hope you all have a safe and wonderful weekend.
xo

emmysmom
11-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Oh, Felicia - thank God nobody was hurt!

chiquita623
11-02-2007, 04:40 PM
:headache: OK I want to know which one of you that were not feeling well last week breathed on me!!! I am feeling yucky and you guys are the only one's I've been around. You know, sore throat, headache, achy, coughing. The whole winter cold drill. Guess my weekend will be spent trying not to get any worse than I am right now.

zambejaly5
11-02-2007, 04:52 PM
:headache: OK I want to know which one of you that were not feeling well last week breathed on me!!! I am feeling yucky and you guys are the only one's I've been around. You know, sore throat, headache, achy, coughing. The whole winter cold drill. Guess my weekend will be spent trying not to get any worse than I am right now.

yikes, talk about a computer virus!

take care of yourself!

lizababe
11-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Felicia I'm so glad everyone made it out of that alive! I feel for them and the nightmares they'll have for a while though.

Too funny about your redhead. I had bright red curly hair when I was little and everyone called me Little Orphan Annie and that was the theme to my presents every year. I wasn't amused. I was actually very quiet and shy when I was little though. (I know, hard to imagine now) but I did get a lot of attention from little old ladies who all wanted to adopt me as their grand daughter. I probably didn't get as much of the attention because my Mother dyed her hair to match mine and hers was down to her knees... Who notices the little kid next to the beauty queen!?! I think I would've been uncomfortable with any extra attention since I was so shy then.

Dan - congrats on the 34's! I mean to say that days ago but never got the chance to post. I read when I can but then something always gets in the way when I want to say hi to everyone. Does that make me a lurker? Hmmm Liza Lurker... We're under a red flag warning again for this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed that I won't get called out again like last time!

I agree on letting kids have their choices too. I let my daughter pick out her clothes when she was little when we shopped for them but for the most part I just laid her outfits out for her in the mornings for her to dress and she didn't have to put any thought into it. She's just not much of the fashionista and really could care less. Works for me because I still get to pick out her clothes! She did come back one summer from visiting her Dad and his very young wife wearing all mid-driff clothes that just weren't her and her style. Her Dad is always trying to make her "cool" but it's just not how it is. I cringed seeing my 13 year old dressed that way and just asked her if she was comfortable in those clothes and she said "No!" She never wore them again but it was by her own choice.

This week feels like a hangover that won't go away. Probably because last week I got by on pure adrenaline. I'll be so glad to relax this weekend (again fingers crossed that nothing happens with that red flag warning) Tomorrow night I'm taking Mini-Me to see Triple Espresso. We went to it's debut when we first moved here almost 10 years ago and they'll be ending their 10 year run this coming February. It is truly the funniest theatre show I've ever been to! I'm really looking forward to going!

POP didn't happen this week. I don't wanna talk about it. I like that image of why bothering to eat a candy bar and just sticking it to the thigh instead. I'll keep that in mind....

BarbaraB
11-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Hi All, I also was a big believer in letting kids make choices. If it is not a health or safety issue. So my DD has had blue hair... and later dread locks. I never figured a hair style was that big of a deal. Although I will admit to having to remind myself about that several times.

I got on the scale yesterday morning and it was UP a couple of pounds, again... arg... I just had a candy eating hissy fit after that... I just don't understand the starving and gaining thing.. sure I ate a piece of german chocolate cake last Saturday, but really... I also ran an additional 30 miles! Well mostly ran.. Really you put in an additional 30 miles in 2 weeks over your normal exercising, you hope to see a loss and not a 3 pound gain... so anyway... I had a day off the diet and today I'm doing a FF and I might stay on FF for 3 days to clear out the candy and pizza of yesterday... I am pretty sure I'm just putting on muscle as my clothes are fitting looser and my thighs are like rocks and I'm feeling totally lean and slinky, but the scale says I'm gaining a pound or two a month for the last couple of months... which I've been so very careful. so anyway, after I finish the FF I will have to go down to Gold... and most likely try to cut back a bit on the exercise and I've got to go and find me some Fucothin too... as the Blue plan has not resulted in any weight loss at all and I did give it about 10 weeks... Well I did probably only gain about 2-3 pounds over the 10 weeks, but really I only wanted to lose 3 stupid pounds and cut out all my maintenance additions, switched to 1 bar and 1 shake and went crazy on the exercise.... I also did 3 or 4 take offs in there too... all for a gain... So anyway, I'm doing the no carb thing for a couple of days and then I'll go to the gold and see if that helps. The thing is that last time I was on gold it was really hard for me to not fall apart and cheat since I was so hungry. Oh well... just frustrated and just wanted the stupid scale to say 160 or even just 163 at this point would be good.

Mama Nicole
11-02-2007, 09:13 PM
awwww, Barbara.....that just sucks. I would hate to see you cut down on exercise. That just doesn't seem right at all. Maybe you just need to be at a higher weight than you had hoped. I mean, if your clothes are fitting well, and you are feeling all great until you step on the sclae....then it might be time to reconsider. Have you seen your doctor lately? Maybe it wouldn't hurt to check in with him/her, and see if he feels you are at a healthy weight for your build. I just cannot see cutting down on exercise....it is soooo important for your overall health. I really am thinking that your gain is water retention from your increase in exercise. Working all of those muscles produces some swelling......and swelling=water...and yada yada yada. Also...weight bearing exercise is soooo important to the health of your bones. Walking and/or running produces small stress fractures, and as adults, that is the only way our bones are able to absorb calcium.....when they are healing. It doens't matter how much calcium you take in, if you are not doing weight bearing exercise......your body cannot use much of it. So, do yourself a favor......do some soul searching.....and see if it is really that important to see those numbers. If you do decide to go there......we are all here to support you......I just don't want you to have to fight an endless battle if your body just doens't want to be at 160. I know you know what I am saying. What advice would you give to someone here if your post were theirs? Read it like it was me typing it. See if you still feel the same way. It's just not always about the numbers :)
XOXO

EmilyLashea
11-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Hello Ladies (and Dan)! :)

It seems like I have so much to catch up on, when really it hasn't even been two whole days..

Felicia- That is awful about the slide! Hopefully everyone was ok and there were no more incidents.

I've been reading all of the posts about raising children, and although I don't have any of my own yet I can definately say from my mom's raising of my sisters and I that it depends purely on the child as to how the raising takes. We had basically the same rules with me and my sisters, and I have ended up totally different than my sister. I am almost done with college, in a steady relationship, have a good job, etc, etc... and my sister is wild as a buck, no interest in college, and pregnant at 17. So....

Welcome to all the Newbies! :wave:

Laurie- Hope you're feeling better.. Take care of yourself!

Liza- Glad to hear you're having a calm week!

Ok.. So, I went to WI this morning and I am exactly the same. Ugh! I was hoping to atleast hit the 180 mark. I have been OP [like 99% POP] all week! Anyway, you all know I complain about my COD and the fact that my counselor (that I get stuck with EVERYTIME) doesn't have a clue in the world about what she's doing. Well, I went in today and she looked at my diary. I've started eating the turkey bacon since I last went in, but in my diary I just put bacon, specifically to see if she would mention the fact that bacon is not OP and I should consider something else. Well, she didn't. You would think that, especially since i lost NO weight, that she would have atleast thrown that out there as to why. I don't know why I even go over there.. She makes me crazy :crazy:

Any other southerners in here that keep up with football? What about you Amy, you're from Alabama too.... :cheer::cheer2:ROLL TIDE!!!:cheer2::cheer:

lacorso
11-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi Linda,
Welcome back. My understanding is that you would use the purple plan if you are not using lites. Blue is reserved for those people who are exercising over 5 hours a week or who have let's say two jobs or a long day with school/work.

week 43
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 53 lbs.

I do work every weekend, 12 hour shifts (fri, sat, and sunday)..and on nights..they orriginally started me on blue with lites..but i wasnt losing fast enough..so, i figured without the lites, that is 300 cals less a day..i think i will try blue..thanx all!!...will give you an update soon..i am working all weekend, and after my 12 hour night shift on sunday night..i have a class to take about an hour away...its 7 hours long...Lord help me!:dizzy:

amylou7777
11-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone!

Well I had my big state legal ethics exam this morning and it really took it out of me. I tried to stay up late last night to cram and woke up early to make sure I got to the testing site on time. It took me forever to find the classroom since I'd never been to the state university so I was kind of frantic. I'm glad it's over but am less than confident about how I did!

I've been napping, lounging around watching sex and the city ever since. I'm just so worn out! I've been good about the eating today-but ate a lot before my test to get some energy so my normal schedule is all out of whack. I went to lunch with a girlfriend today and did my best to alter a salad to fit plan. I tried to use as little as the dressing as possible but it was SO good. I think I counted it all out appropriately.

Anway-I hope everyone has had a terrific weekend! Emily-your bacon diary cracked me up. That is crazy!! What is she there for?

EmilyLashea
11-03-2007, 08:34 PM
AmyLou- Apparently she is just there to have someone taking up space. She is the only one that is EVER there! I mean really? I could write that I ate chicken fingers and french fries every meal and I don't think she would notice! It would have been different if I had lost, but I didn't..

EmilyLashea
11-03-2007, 08:52 PM
For those of you that exercise, what do you do? I have about an hour in the mornings that I would like to fill with some sort of exercise but don't really know what would be best? I've been doing about 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 on the exercise bike [i'm working my way up on the minutes.] But that is just because I don't know what else I would do if not that? Any of you with more experience than I do feel free to give me some advice.. Barbara, you're the exercise expert aren't you? :)

EmilyLashea
11-03-2007, 08:53 PM
AmyLou- When will you find out how your exam went? I'm sure you did great! :)

BarbaraB
11-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Emily, Apparently I'm the expert on exercise for weight gain. Ha ha ha, ok not so funny, but I'm trying to not let it get to me. I think if you just keep going and keep trying to improve you'll find yourself able to add minutes. It just takes a little time to get your fitness level up, of course not as long at your age. I'v

Nicole, I have just been working out like crazy lately. I just didn't think I could keep it up at that level and move down to Gold. I went a little overboard when I joined that 50 mile walking challenge, and I think just to keep from injuring myself I need to dial it back a tad. I certainly am not going to follow the lame advice that the COD gave me to stop exercising, but I can stop overexercising... I probably was retaining some water... Only 14 miles more to go on the walking challenge, so I can finish that in the next week. On the plus side, I had a gift card to Kohl's given to me and I went and bought size 8 levi's today... that felt good. I couldn't fit into size 14 Levi's when I started the program, so I don't want anyone to think that the program doesn't work.

Tuesday Cool
11-04-2007, 11:53 AM
From Oprah magazine:
there are three ways the body calories; doing physical activity, generating heat through digestion, and fueling the heart brain, liver and other body organs. Physical activity and heat generation only account for 30% of calorie expenditure! 70% of calories burned goes toward organ function and that number is genetically set. Evolution has selected for people to have slow resting energy expenditures (REE) because they would be better suited to survive famine. Unfortunatly, due to our over abundant food supplies now we are predisposed to obesity!

So what we really need to do is start foraging ofr our food. T

Kimphin
11-04-2007, 04:34 PM
I do work every weekend, 12 hour shifts (fri, sat, and sunday)..and on nights..they orriginally started me on blue with lites..but i wasnt losing fast enough..so, i figured without the lites, that is 300 cals less a day..i think i will try blue..thanx all!!...will give you an update soon..i am working all weekend, and after my 12 hour night shift on sunday night..i have a class to take about an hour away...its 7 hours long...Lord help me!:dizzy:

Yikes Linda! Here' ssome willpower for you, both for food and for staying awake during your class!!!
:dust:

Kim0303
11-05-2007, 01:18 AM
Emily, I know time is probably and issue with you as with most of us but my COD lets you make appt with who you want. Even if there are people waiting and I walk in I go right back. Love it. I don't always make an appt but if I know I will be in a hurry, I do. So maybe you could ask about that and tell them you want to see someone new just for a change of ideas.

Kim0303
11-05-2007, 01:21 AM
Emily, I have to add that I use to be a big football fan. I think if you are then you know what I am talking about. My niece and nephew paid $350 plus travel expenses to watch the tide roll and make orange juice!!! They said never again until we get a new coach!

EmilyLashea
11-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Kim#3- I don't know what the deal is with my COD, but this girl is the only one that is there consistantly.. otherwise it is, I guess, just whoever they send over for the week, or day?