Support Groups - Sexy Chicks - Beautiful women losing weight and forming friendships 10/29-11/4/07

countrygirl7902
10-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Welcome to Sexy Chicks! :welcome3:
We are a support groups started by a few newbies who were looking for serious diet buddies. We are here to support and encourage each other on our weight loss journeys, and to remind each other that we are already beautiful people.:grouphug: We are different in many ways, but we are all willing to stick by each other through this challenging process. Anyone who is committed to weight loss and is looking for support (and also willing to give it!) is welcome to join! Look for our Bio's thread too so we can get to know each other!

Lovely
10-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Good Morning everyone ^^

Woke up late this morning... *sigh* Guess work is just like weight loss. If you screw up you have to just keep going! Not like the world stops to serve you :lol:

Shimmeringsun
10-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi everyone, Monday already!
Back to the grind and the gym :woops: and back on track with healthy eating!
I cannot believe it will November already this week, time sure does fly anymore!
I hope everyone is having a good day so far. :)
Stacey

Shy Moment
10-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Just another day here like any other day. Chores to do and weight to lose lol.

Shimmeringsun
10-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Ok so my co-worker brought in a huge bowl of halloween candy and its sitting right behind me. If I make it through the day without having one piece it will be a good one, I know one piece wouldn't hurt me but sometimes I am not good with moderation and I am afraid one will turn into 10 :lol:
The funny thing is she brought it out and within 15 mins my stomach was rumbling and hungry, I think its just funny how much your brain can influence your body, you know what I mean?

ChunkyHannah
10-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Good morning everyone! Ugh long weekend at work. I work 36-hour weekends so don't ever expect to hear from me on Saturday and Sunday LOL!! I'm so proud of myself though - usually my coworkers and I order tons of takeout and sit around eating munchies, but this weekend I brought in healthy food and I actually ate it. (That's the kicker for me - eating the healthy stuff I buy!!) Well it was worth it cause I weighed in this morning and I'm down 2 pounds!!!!!

Shimmering - Just ignore that evil Halloween candy!! Drink a big glass of water to make your tummy shut up!! :D

Shy Moment
10-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Shimmering
You never think of a candy bar until it is sitting right there lol.

Hannah
Nice going on the weight loss. I have never found a glass of water to replace anything or tell my tummy it doesn't want something lol.

Lovely
10-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Shimmer - Oh man, my eyes are always bigger than my stomach, too! And I know exactly what you mean about 1 turning into 10. "In Moderation" sometimes means you have to just say NO! this time around. You'll make it through the day ^^

Hannah - WTG! :D The first step is easy... buying the healthy stuff. The second step takes a little more effort... actually eating it! You keep that up and it'll be second nature soon enough :cb:

mamamona
10-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Hey everybody. Happy Monday!!!:D I ate healthy for breakfast and I ate healthy for lunch but I just HAD:devil:to have a candy bar this afternoon. First piece of chocolate in a month. But I still don't think it will put me over my calories for today. And I did walk at lunch. The problem will be when the kids go trick or treating WED and I get to "sort" the candy. I used to sort one for them, one for me......;) I know...A moment on the lips is forever on the hips.
Shimmering, stay away from that candy bowl!!!

Shy Moment
10-29-2007, 08:09 PM
mama
That has to be hard. Glad my kids are old enough that they eat it all before they get home lol

cldwv
10-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi everybody! You girls here are kicking butt!! I was just sort of lurking and decided to stop by and say hi.

Shy Moment
10-29-2007, 09:25 PM
cldwy
You are more than welcome to join in. We like to chat lol

Lovely
10-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Hey cldwv ^^ Shy's sure right about that. :D We LOVE our chatting!!!

So, after a long day (and arriving late at work) I stayed until 8:15 tonight to do some OT and get some things done... *sigh* Long long day, needless to say I didn't stay for Treadmilling tonight, but I DID get my two 10 minute break walks done. So I feel pretty good. I'm about to head to bed, I hope everyone's night is great!

Checklist:
:hun: Food - :yes:
:running: Exercise - :no: (I'm not counting it, because I did plan treadmill and didn't follow through)
:hat: Water - :yes:

OneLastTime
10-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Evening Ladies~

OK... so this morning was weigh-in.... I gained. ugh. BUT only .2 so I'm OK with it because if my scale wasn't digital it wouldn't have even shown up and with all the beer and snacking I did this weekend I'm lucky that's all it was. :(

I'm off to the gym tomorrow morning though so I'll be working on it. :woops:I'm planning on getting to the gym Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday this week. (I only go on my days off from work). Somebody please hold me accountable for this ok??? I'll do the same for you!!!

Cldwv ~ Welcome... stay with us...we're a good group.
Countrygirl ~ Thanks for starting a new thread for us!
Shimmeringsun ~ OMG... I give you soooo much credit about the candy bowl.. I would be into it before noon for sure. UGH! And your coworker is probably skinny, huh? lol
ChunkyHannah ~ Awesome job on taking the healthy food AND eating it and the weight loss. You rock girlfriend.
Shy ~ Hope you had a good day today. Thanks for sharing your health story with me. Doesn't it suck that the meds can make us gain so much weight but we HAVE to have them?
Faerie ~ Good to see you tonight!! I see you made it over to my This or That thread... I love those.
Mamamona ~ I have the same problem... going through my daughter's Halloween candy when she gets home and then it sits here for weeks. UGH! I will need a lot of willpower to stay away from it. Not looking forward to it, I'll tell ya.

Have a great rest of your day ladies!!! :grouphug:

countrygirl7902
10-29-2007, 09:46 PM
good job on the weight loss hannah! :bravo:

welcome cldwv! good to have you! :D

well i had a hard couple of days but i think i did ok. sunday was a big family meal cuz my brother is moving out of state. my mom made pie and cake and of course there was ice cream. :T it's like she's out to get me! but i watched my portions at lunch, only had 1/2 piece of apple pie and a small scoop of black cherry ice cream (also referred to as heaven lol). then a salad for dinner. i went over my WW points by 7 but that's not bad since i almost never go over.

then today i had an all day work conference. i bypassed the donuts :( and just had a bagel without cream cheese. then watched my portions at the catered lunch cuz i wasn't sure how many calories was in it. drank a lot of water too.

now i'm gonna to really have to concentrate to make through the candy fest coming up! :devil:ugh.

cldwv
10-29-2007, 10:01 PM
You guys rock (and are super active)! I love it. You guys can call me Cindy.

unstoppable
10-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey Cindy welcome,

Well I had soup and salad for dinner, and it was definitely a nice change. Went to the gym and had a great workout, but towards the end I started feeling light headed. What's the deal? Came home and ate dinner and felt better. Maybe I need more water.

Shy Moment
10-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Have had a really good day. I love to tell people things that might help.

I have a question and am going to put the same question in all the threads I post in. Get lots of ideas.

I have started to pay attention to getting those four basic food groups in a day, use to only check it from time to time. Those four basic food groups are important. Has been great adding lots of different foods to what I eat. My gosh, seems like I eat from the time I get up until I go to bed to get all the foods in.

Matter of fact made it one of the new goals in my new ( started today ) 21 day goals. I love that thread. Anyway, I have no problem getting everything in, well ok sometimes, gosh I have a lot I have to eat lol. Anyway again, I am having a hard time getting the bread/cereal group in 6 to 8 of them recommended. 3 ok but not 6 to 8 unless i want to eat tons of croûtons or crackers.

Here lies the real problem. I want to get my sodium down a bit. So what can I eat out of that food group that is low in fat, sodium and carbs lol? I have other things to use the fat and carbs on lol like my mountain dew time at least once a week lol.

Lovely
10-30-2007, 07:08 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!! :flow2: I hope everyone has had a restful evening & that everyone will have a fulfilling day!!

OneLastTime - I'm holding you accountable!!! (Hey you asked ^^) Besides, I'm working out after work on Tuesday, so I'll let you know that I went & you can let me know that you went & it'll make us feel better :D (And the This or That thread is good fun!) And I'm stealing your different colors for people's names thing, because it makes sense & it's easier for me to separate what's being said, and it's pretty :lol:

Lola - WTG on watching the portion sizes when calories can't be determined outright. (Like at both your Mom's and the conferences.) Awesome that you stuck to it!

Unstoppable - You may have needed a little more water during the workout or a little more food beforehand. Another possibility is you may have been pushing yourself ever so slightly too hard. Since you say you felt better after some dinner, I'm guessing that it was either food or water.

Shy - I don't have any suggestions just yet, but I don't usually look at carbs. I'll try giving my usual bread/grains a onceover to see if anything fits the requirements ^^

Shimmeringsun
10-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Hi everyone, thanks for the words of support yesterday and I am happy to admit I did not touch that candy bowl! It was funny my friend called it our "Biggest Loser temptation", two more days to go, the hopefully that damn candy bowl will go away :dizzy:
I am at the gym Monday and Friday this week, then doing my home workout Tuesday and Thursday. I figured I will go out with my nephews trick or treating so at least I will be walking on Wed. I am trying to exercise more as at one point I was only exercising 3 days a week. So I am hoping I can stick to this. Wish me luck!
Hannah congrats on the 2 pound weight loss!
Mamamona its good to treat yourself! Maybe your kids will get crappy candy that won't tempt you! :lol:
Faerie, those 2 10 min walks are good, I have read that you can break it up during the day like that, plus at least you tried to get some exercise in :)
OneLastTime it was really tempting but I stuck to my guns, I think I am stubborn that way, I guess in a way that is a good thing! My coworker is actually my good friend and not skinny, and this is the first year she has done this, maybe she is testing me! :p Good luck in getting to the gym this week, I am sure you will stick to it, its hard I know but I know you can do it!
Hi Cindy and Welcome!
Countrygirl, good job at your family dinner with portion control, that is great! And that you passed up the donuts, great job!
Unstoppable you might have just been working out too hard, maybe slow down a bit and see if that makes a difference?
Hmmmmm Shy that is a good question, let me look around on the net and see if I can come up with some food suggestions for you.
Have a great day everyone!
Stacey :grouphug:

Shy Moment
10-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Shimmering
Just adding a few days exercise helps more than you can imagine.

Faerie
Thanks
Every few weeks I have picked one thing to make sure it is pretty much where it should be. So far no problem everything was lol. This time, sodium, is not. Some days it is ok, some days it is high. I don't have high blood pressure and I don't retain water but to much of anything isn't good. So time to get this sodium down and I sure need to get that darn food group in without raising the sodium.

Lovely
10-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Hi everyone, thanks for the words of support yesterday and I am happy to admit I did not touch that candy bowl!

SUCCESS! WTG ^^

Faerie, those 2 10 min walks are good, I have read that you can break it up during the day like that, plus at least you tried to get some exercise in :)

And you're right. Better than nothing, eh?

Shy Moment
10-30-2007, 02:54 PM
I Love Oatmeal I Love Oatmeal :)

unstoppable
10-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Me too, me too, I love oatmeal.

Lovely
10-30-2007, 06:40 PM
I love oatmeal .... cookies :D

Shy Moment
10-30-2007, 08:05 PM
I ordered pizza tonight for dinner. Had 3 wonderful pieces and a can of pop plus, got all my food groups in for the day. Was a bit over on fats and carbs for the day but when I looked at the averages for the month I am still under what I allow myself so that is good. Guess its a good thing I don't always take in the amounts of fats or carbs I allow myself lol.

Lovely
10-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey that sounds delicious Shy ^^

More late work today, BUT I was very motivated to stay & exercise since I didn't yesterday.

Oh my gosh though, I think I'm going to cry ; ; They're having an all out FOOD FEST tomorrow at work. You know the type, everyone brings in something and sets it on a table about 3 steps away from where I sit. WHY do places of business have to keep doing this?

It's so late now... at least I know in advance, but I'm going to have to be strong. I don't want the junk that they're going to be serving. I think I'll get myself some fruit salad & vegetables to keep at my desk so if I get snacky I'll have the healthiest choices right next to me. Also, I am allowing myself one candy bar tomorrow, but I don't want to eat it at work. I'm going to wait & enjoy it later.

Well g'night all!

Checklist:

:running: Exercise - :yes: *w00t!!!*

mamamona
10-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I went to Fazoli's tonight and had fettucine and breadstick (just one). My two favorite things in life. Pasta and bread. Did I get the kids meal like I planned?? NO:devil: I shall be very good tomorrow and walk extra.

ChunkyHannah
10-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Cindy - Welcome!!!!!!!

Mamamona - You lucky duck...all the Fazoli's near me closed. I have to drive 2 hours to get to one now, when I used to have one two minutes from my house!!! Actually that's probably a very very good thing. I used to have Fazoli's for breakfast every day. Pasta and bread are also among my favorite things in life! I had a Lean Cuisine ravioli and a salad for dinner - a poor substitute for some Fazoli's!!!! :(

Faerie- Good luck tomorrow!!!! :dust:

Shy - I bet that pizza was wonderful - and even better knowing you still stayed on track!!!

Shimmering - Exercising "only" 3 days a week is no small feat, so I am sure you will do great getting in as many days as you want!! :D Heck, it's an extremely good week when I get 3 actual workouts in!!

Shy Moment
10-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Faerie
Just keep in mind people have touched that stuff. Won't look so appetizing.

mama
They do have good food, haven't been there in ages, but then I bet I don't eat out 6 times a year probably more like 2 times a year lol.

Hannah
Yes, stayed on track. I worry more that each month averages where I want to be than day to day. BUT I keep days a little under instead of adding stuff in when I have all the food groups eaten just to give me a nice buffer when I need it lol. It isn't what we eat in one day that made us fat. It is what we ate all the time.

MommytoGirls
10-31-2007, 02:46 AM
Hey gals! How is everyone doing?! I am doing pretty good. I haven't been doing too well with working out the past few days but I also just started my period and I always feel so sluggish and sleepy during that time of the month. I have stayed on track well with my diet and haven't given into any chocolate cravings yet so that is good! I started taking Alli during the weekend so I am hoping that will help me along in my weight loss process.

salsa sarah
10-31-2007, 03:25 AM
I've ben popen in and out of this site for about a month now
and so far realy like it:)
this is my first time on this thred and I like it we all need support:hug:
I'm looking forward to geting to know some of you
anyway talk to you latter sexy chicks :o

Lovely
10-31-2007, 07:30 AM
:witch: HAPPY H ALLOWEEN!:badbat:

Morning everyone ^^ :sklol:

Well, the food fest has started! *sigh* However, I've got a nice breakfast at my desk, and got some fruit & veggies with dip for myself for later. I'm pretty sure I can just avoid the food. :)

Thanks for the extra willpower Hannah! And thanks for reminding me that everyone's grubby hands will be all over the food, Shy. That IS unappetizing! :lol:

MommytoGirls - Glad you're staying on plan :D I'm feeling very sluggish this week, too. So, I understand.

Mamamona - I don't think I've ever heard of that particular restaurant, but I do LOVE italian food. It sounds really good. But, awesome work sticking to just one breadstick, and getting back on track ^^

And a big ol' :welcome: to Salsa Sarah! Jump right on in! We definitely all need the support, and it's certainly been helping me out!

:grouphug:

So best of luck to everyone today! :dust: to all of you!

Shimmeringsun
10-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Hi everyone and :haphal:
Faerie you crack me up with your I love oatmeal.......cookies LMAO And good luck with your food today, it will be a tempting day for you, don't feel bad if you do give in a little!
Shy yum your pizza sounds good, why didn't you invite me over for dinner?! :p
Momamona, thats ok don't feel guilty you didn't get the kids dinner, everyone has good intentions when they go out and its easier said than done, I hope you enjoyed it at least! :)
Hannah yeah that Lean Cuisine is just not the same as real pasta is it? Yes I know what you mean anytime I get off my butt and do something that is exercise is a good day for me!
MommytoGirls good job in staying on track and staying away from chocolate!
Well I made it through day two temptation of the evil candy bowl, people were trying to get me to take something yesterday and I wouldn't give in, man I am glad I am a stubborn person!
Anyways everyone GOOD LUCK today with all the goodies around!
:sklol: Stacey :sklol:

Lovely
10-31-2007, 08:11 AM
Well I made it through day two temptation of the evil candy bowl, people were trying to get me to take something yesterday and I wouldn't give in, man I am glad I am a stubborn person!

YOU GO!!!! Just keep saying "No Thanks" as needed ^^ :cheer2:

unstoppable
10-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Mommytogirls-Let me know how that Alli works out for you, because I was thinking about starting it as well.

Welcome Salsa Sarah

Gosh I screwed up, I had a pumpkin shaped snickers at work. Guess I will have to push a little harder during spinning class tonight.

Shy Moment
10-31-2007, 10:04 AM
mommy
I have heard alli really works for some folks. At least it keeps them on track. Just remember when you stop taking the stuff you are going to have to drop your fat down at least as much as the alli was taking care of. I can't take it the ibs just goes crazy. I chat in the alli site. They really are great people.

Sarah
You will find us here all times of the day and night. Faerie and I are here late lol.

Shimmering
I called and called but I guess you didn't hear me lol. I love some of the lean cuisines the chicken carbonara is so yummy I could eat it all the time and the macaroni and beef is yummy too.

Unstoppable
You should check out the alli thread. I chat there all the time lol. The stuff really does seem to help people. If nothing else, it helps people keep their fat down so as not to have the side effects. Just remember as I was saying to mommy. It absorbs 25% of your fat ( I think it is 25% ). When you stop taking the alli you are going to have to make sure you drop 25% of the fat out of your diet because alli won't be there to get rid of it for you.

Got a return call from my doc this morning. She said my blood pressure is good and fluid output is good. Not to worry about the sodium I am takeing in. Still think I would like to get it down to 2400.

Lovely
10-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Well thanks for the support all you guys - It's the end of the work day. I'm about to pack up & head to the gym downstairs aaaaaannndd (!) I avoided the FOOD FEST table at work all day ^^ Yay!

I did as I planned, picked up a fruit mix & veggie platter that several co-workers and I split with a little fat free dill dip. I stayed satisfied all day long, and didn't venture over to the food area. I think also knowing that I am treating myself in the evening has helped.

So thanks again :D

Shy - Good news about your bp & fluids ^^ Glad to hear it! Always nice when news from the doctor's office is on the good side.

Unstoppable - Pumpkin shaped snickers happen! It was only one :) Hope your spinning class is fun!

Shy Moment
10-31-2007, 04:25 PM
faerie
I was a bit surprised when she said oh dont worry about how much sodium you take in. lol

Lovely
10-31-2007, 08:51 PM
Good Evening all :) Hope everyone's day went well!

I am just now sitting down to enjoy my one chocolate candy bar for Halloween. I hope everyone has a fun night!

Checklist:
:running: Exercise - :yes:

mamamona
10-31-2007, 08:58 PM
Good evening all!
Had a pretty good day. Walked 35 minutes today. Only ate like 3 pieces of candy out of the kids pails. I do have a weakness for Mary Janes and Bit O Honey's. :D I have been feeling so much better physically and mentally since I started walking. Would like to try to increase my time but... I have no time.
May get brave and hop on the scales tomorrow.
Happy Halloween All!!!!!:haphal:

countrygirl7902
10-31-2007, 10:30 PM
:welcome2: glad you're joining us, sarah!

well ladies it sounds like most of you did pretty well getting through candy day!:bravo:

i, on the other hand, failed miserably. i made the mistake of not eating dinner before i took my son trick or treating. then i took him to a kid party at the fire hall in our little town. i had a hot dog(which i usually avoid), the leftover bun that my son didn't eat, 2 cake donuts that weren't really very tasty, and i can't even remember how many "fun size" candy bars. i actually have an upset stomach now:barf:

i'm kind of disappointed in myself cuz i have done so well this month until now. but it's ok cuz i'll just get back on the horse tomorrow. the one good thing is that i got a good 1 1/2 hrs of walking in tonight. well, i'm off to eat some tums and hit the sack.

Shy Moment
10-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Countrygirl
Good attitude. Just get back on that horse. Better yet, walk the horse lol.

mama
Nice walking and a little isn't bad, everyone needs a treat from time to time. I allow myself one a day. Sometimes I have the snack sometimes I don't.

Faerie
Enjoy

MommytoGirls
10-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Hey girls!

Well I made it through the day fairly well considering my daughter went trick or treating and came home with tons of candy lol. She is almost 3 and is very sharing about candy. She kept trying to give me pieces and said, "here mommy have more candy it is good". Lol. I was good though and only had two mini chocolate bars and that is it. I really wanted more but I held out and put her candy on top of the fridge and told my hubby to not let me eat any more!!!

I am doing well with the Alli. Had a bit of an upset stomach today and have had some headaches but I have heard that is common when you first start taking it. Overall I feel good!

salsa sarah
11-01-2007, 12:21 AM
hello thank you all for welcoming me
I hope you all made it through the nite without to
much sugar
I had a minie snikers:(
but thats ok because its haloween and I didnt eat a whole bag of them
Anyway I'm happy to be here and thank you agin for the welcome

Lovely
11-01-2007, 07:20 AM
So :) I really did enjoy my candy bar last night... but the truly amazing thing? I DIDN'T EAT IT ALL!
I realized that I was full/satisfied and so I tossed the remaining 1/3 that I didn't eat... I'm so SHOCKED! 1 year ago that would NOT have happened. (Granted I would've been planning on eating 3 whole bags on candy not just one candy bar, but you understand >_>) I'm just excited that these changes are really taking hold. :carrot:

mama - Awesome exercising ^^ And a few pieces of candy on Halloween is not going to ruin anything :)

Lola - It's one night! You walked a lot! No worries, you've got the right attitude :D

Mommy - What a cute daughter! Good job with the candy and good luck with the Alli

Salsa - Hey one piece of candy is not bad. I think you did well :) And yes, focus on the positive, you didn't eat the whole bag! >_<

Shy Moment
11-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Faerie
That is wonderful, shows not only the difference in how you are now eating but also the difference in what your body wants. I did the same thing with a banana ice cream cone this summer. Last year would have been a triple large ( I only eat this twice a year ) this year I got a small and tossed half of it away.

Salsa
A little snack once in a while never hurt anyone.

Mommy
Nice going. Yes, some people do have slight side effects when they first start taking the product.

Shimmeringsun
11-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone,
Faerie good job on avoiding the food fest at work!! And glad to hear you enjoyed the chocolate, and you threw part of it away..um hello I could have had it :lol: Glad to hear you have self control to do that, I don't think I could!
mamamona good job on the walking, maybe slowly work your way up a few mins each week or something, if you have the time that is!
Countrygirl, don't feel bad, everyone does that, too many temptations around! It was only one night and you are back on track today, never feel bad or guilty :)
MommytoGirls good job in stopping yourself after two candies, I tried to get my nephews to share with me and it just wasn't happening, thats it they are out of the family! :lol:
Salsa Sarah that is the attitude to have, think of the positive!
Shy throwing out an ice cream cone...I think I am going to cry :p Glad to hear though that your eating has changed in the past year!
Well I made it though day 3 temptation, no candy, nothing, a few people tried to get me to have something but I wouldn't break down. I walked around with my nephews trick or treating and just stared sadly into their bags drooling :drool: then they stopped letting me hold their bags.....*sighing*
There is leftover candy at work today but for some reason its not tormenting me like the last couple of days, I must be used to it now!
Hope everyone is having a good day!

Lovely
11-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone,
Faerie good job on avoiding the food fest at work!! And glad to hear you enjoyed the chocolate, and you threw part of it away..um hello I could have had it :lol: Glad to hear you have self control to do that, I don't think I could!

:rofl:
You crack me up! I'll be sure to mail my leftover sweets to you the next time! :lol:

And way to go on avoiding all the stuff at work. I know how hard that can be! :D

Shy Moment
11-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Shimmering
It should be against the law lol it was BANANA lol. Thank heavens they only sell that flavor twice a year lol.

salsa sarah
11-01-2007, 07:33 PM
faerie__great job on not finishing the candy, Isnt it a great feeling to be in control of what you are eating
shimmeringsun__you deserve aplase for not even leting yourself have one piece
shy_moment__go job on the ice cream if I only ate it twice a year I dont think I could throgh away the rest

anyway last nite i had 2 more pices of candy but I dont feel bad 3s a charm lol well we made it through the night now quik give away the rest of the candy if its in you house
kids can take it to school and donate it
alright sexy chicks have a good day and be prowd of yourself!!!!
We rock!!

Shy Moment
11-01-2007, 07:40 PM
salsa
I just didn't want it. Was way to much ice cream for me. I didn't toss it way because it wasn't good for me lol. That would be a crime.

mamamona
11-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Good job girls!! We survived Halloween 2007. I read somewhere that the first few bites of a fattening delicious item are the tastiest and after the first few bites it isn't going to get any better so you should enjoy those few bites and then put your fork down and "be done". :lol::rofl: I did laugh when I read it but in reality it is true. Like Shimmering's banana ice cream (I love Banana ice cream!!!), once you got your "fix" there's no point in eating the rest just because.
I hate to waste things though, so I'll give any remainders I have to my husband. It's about time I was skinnier than him again. If he gets fatter I'll look skinnier standing next to him.:D
Night everybody!

Lovely
11-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Salsa - Thanks! It IS a good feeling to be in control!

Yes, ladies (and lads if there are any lads reading this) we DID make it through Halloween. And we'll make it through tomorrow and the next day and the next day and so on etc etc etc ... ^^

I had my weigh in day tonight: Down 1.2! Wewt!!

Hope you all had great days & avoided any leftover candy ^.~

Daily Checklist:
:running: Exercise - :yes:

Shy Moment
11-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Faerie

WOWOWOW that is so great.

I figured out why my sodium was so high lol. Ok I was having a blonde moment. I was looking at fit day and wondering what on earth I was eating that had that much sodium in it. All of a sudden I noticed ( Canned ) veggie. I had put in all kinds of canned veggies but not frozen ones. I bet I don't eat canned veggies but onces a month. Well I put in frozen veggies and then went back and fixed everything. WOW did my sodium count come down lol.

Lovely
11-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Faerie

WOWOWOW that is so great.

I figured out why my sodium was so high lol. Ok I was having a blonde moment. I was looking at fit day and wondering what on earth I was eating that had that much sodium in it. All of a sudden I noticed ( Canned ) veggie. I had put in all kinds of canned veggies but not frozen ones. I bet I don't eat canned veggies but onces a month. Well I put in frozen veggies and then went back and fixed everything. WOW did my sodium count come down lol.

:lol: I'm glad you found the culprit!!!

salsa sarah
11-02-2007, 03:57 AM
mamamona__thats so funny what you sed about you husband
my boyfriend is about half my size so i totaly undarstand
It reminds me of this poster I saw once it sed "God make me thiner and if not make all my friends fatter so I look thinner" I know thats not how it sad it exactly but it was somthing like that lol

shy_moment__glad you figuerd that out thats a good heads up for everyone I wouldent of thought about the salt in caned veggies

faereie__good for you every pound counts you did it !!

shimeringsun__glad to hear the candy isnt geting to you anymore
I know how hard it can be good job!!

Shy Moment
11-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Sarah
What a blonde moment I had lol. I knew there was a lot of salt in canned veggies. I just never looked hard enough to notice the ( canned ) part lol. I eat a ton of green beans and such lol.

Lovely
11-02-2007, 10:26 AM
There was a great tip in one of the other threads to soak & wash off the canned vegetables to get rid of some of the sodium. So in a situation where you simply have to have canned you could always do that. In fact, it seems so simple I don't know why I didn't think of it... oh well, I'm going to use that tip from now on!

Shy Moment
11-02-2007, 10:50 AM
The problem with washing off foods such as veggies and fruits that come from a can. Is that, it washes some of the taste off too.

OneLastTime
11-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Hi Ladies ~

Welcome Sarah!!

Sorry I've been gone several days... My daughter was pretty sick for a few days... still sick but at least able to get back to school. I also had a couple extra shifts at the hospital this week.

BUT I'm back and plan on checking in every single day again.

Looks like everyone did pretty well over Halloween. I hate those damn mini candy bars... so easy to eat!!! I keep telling myself "Just walk away... back away slowly from the candy". lol I'm proud of all of you for doing so well... even if you feel like you had a set back, it is probably a lot better than you would have done last year or if you weren't thinking about it. :hug:

I've decided I have to get up and go the gym first thing in the morning on my days off. Otherwise, I just never go. Something always comes up... like an excuse :D

I'll be checking in later ladies.... Have a great day!!!

OneLastTime
11-02-2007, 12:10 PM
New Sex Study...
It has been determined, the most used sexual position for married couples is a doggie position.

The husband sits up and begs.

The wife rolls over and plays dead. :lol:

Shy Moment
11-02-2007, 01:55 PM
I didn't get to give all my Maxine halloweens so I will give you a few. Enjoy

salsa sarah
11-02-2007, 08:03 PM
OneLastTime__ thanks for the welcome love the joke by the way

shy_moment__thouse comics are funny to

mamamona
11-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Shy, that "taste" your talking about IS salt. I think that's what makes the canned veggies taste good. Have you ever ate that low sodium canned corn. Yuck!!!!:p
Maybe sodium is part of my problem. I weighed yesterday and was up 2 lbs. I know that's not possible, I have been eating good. But do eat a lot of salt. Plus, it's near that time. But it sure makes you discouraged when your doing the right things and the scale goes up. I am not going to get too discouraged. I seem to remember the last time I tried to diet, I would drop like 3 lbs all at once.
Can I tell you all the story of why I decided to get healthier? I was talking to a friend of mine at work, her son goes to my daughter's school. We were discussing the schools gym teacher who is a very nice lady but she weighs about 300lb and I said...."What kind of an example does that set for our kids to be healthy and active?" Well as soon as the words came out of my mouth I felt like I had been hit by a ton of bricks. Who was I to talk about someone else not setting an example for my kids??? So there you go... My motivation.
Have a great night all!

Shy Moment
11-02-2007, 10:03 PM
mama
Yes, salt does make things takes good and yes low salt tastes yucky lol. I tend to make frozen and there isn't any salt on that stuff. The frozen stuff is good. The canned stuff has to have salt lol. I do understand about thinking about how you think about what you are teaching your children. I don't do a weigh in 3 days before my dot is suppose to start or until 3 days have passed thru my dot. I have more weight then too.

Sarah
I have a ton of them lol.

salsa sarah
11-02-2007, 11:13 PM
so I've lost ten lbs now and I feel great
I realy have enjoyed comeing here and visiting
I have 70lbs left and I know I can take it off
I am 22 and I always tell my frinds I cant wait tell I'm 30 I know thats
when I will be at my best carrer wise as well as body
I have an interview ant Disney land tomarow
If I get the job I will be doing the princese's hair I cant wait!!!!
This could be a realy good oppertunity I hope I get it
one thing that kinda sucks is that the 4 week training class starts at 5:30 in the mornig you know the middle of the night anyway I will be worth I if I get the job.

countrygirl7902
11-02-2007, 11:43 PM
hey ladies, sorry i haven't been posting much. i've been working some overtime this week. i'm so tired right now i can't even think up something witty to say lol. i'll catch up with you all tomorrow hopefully. keep up the good work everyone!

MommytoGirls
11-03-2007, 01:04 AM
^I haven't been posting much either, it has been a busy week for me.

I am doing well, just trying to exercise as much as I can. I am liking the Alli. I had some headaches at first but feel fine now and feel like I am losing more weight since I started taking it!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Smiling_Sara
11-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Hey Everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

salsa sarah
11-03-2007, 03:12 AM
contrygirl7902__nice to see you did you start this room? I realy like it here
I realy love your picture my hair was that red once

Mommytogirls__hows that alli thing working out for you? what rare the side afects?

borntofly__are you new here? I am having a great weekend so far I hope you have a goood one too

unstoppable
11-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Hey all, hope everyone is still plugging away. i too had a really hectic week. Was not able to get much exercise in, but tried to eat healthy. Good luck with that job interview salsa sarah.

lostchick
11-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new here. You gals seem like a really fun bunch. I can't wait to get to know everyone better.

Mamamona, it's true I use the 3 bite rule all the time now. Atleast till I'm just to the point I don't crave it anymore.

I need to lose weight. Point Blank. It will be a life long quest started 10-1-07. I chose not to give up everything! so yeah it's going to be a slow ride. If I want mashed potatoes then 3 bites it is and that is it. I have been able to stick with it for 33 days. :) It's not a rule for every day & not every meal.

I am seeing progress in inches but not actual weight yet.

Good luck to everyone ~ Angela

Shimmeringsun
11-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Welcome lostchick!
Well all my hard work and saying no to halloween candy worked for me this week, I lost 4 pounds!!! :yay: I was so excited when I got on the scale as I think thats the most I have lost in one week in forever! Woo woo I may just get to my goal in December!
Everyone have a good and relaxing weekend, sounds like everyone needs it! :)
Take care!

Smiling_Sara
11-03-2007, 12:38 PM
contrygirl7902__nice to see you did you start this room? I realy like it here
I realy love your picture my hair was that red once

Mommytogirls__hows that alli thing working out for you? what rare the side afects?

borntofly__are you new here? I am having a great weekend so far I hope you have a goood one too

Hi Salsa Sarah, I am new here, Joined up early this week, saw this thread and thought I would pop in and say hello to everyone. :)

Shy Moment
11-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Welcome
Born to fly
You will love it here. We generaly are chatting all the time. Love to hear how people are doing and what is going on in their lives. I have no life lol I live thru others lol

Shy Moment
11-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Shimmering
That is so great. I have never lost that much in one week. Think a couple of times my two week weigh in showed 4.5 lbs loss.

Lostchick

Hello
While the 3 bite rule is great for sweets. It isn't really good for good. You have to make sure you get those 4 basic food groups in and the required amounts of each of them. Three bites isn't enough lol.

Sarah
Good luck on the job, keep us posted

Everyone else, hope you all are doing well. Exercise really is part of the key even if it is only a few min a day. If you have time to watch a tv show lol you have time to exercise :). Chat with you all later.

Smiling_Sara
11-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Welcome
Born to fly
You will love it here. We generaly are chatting all the time. Love to hear how people are doing and what is going on in their lives. I have no life lol I live thru others lol

thanks Shy Moment. You actually sound a little like me when you say live through others..lol I am pretty much addicted to the internet and don't like to go out and " party it up " so to say. I"d rather catch a movie go out to eat somewhere and be home by midnight. :)

losinitin07
11-03-2007, 02:31 PM
New to this thread looks like a fun one .I'm Rena nice to meet ya all

countrygirl7902
11-03-2007, 03:27 PM
sarah - i didn't start this club. there were a few of us with the same attitude and needs who joined up and chose a name. :gossip: shimmersun is actually the one who first posted a thread in introductions looking for diet buddies. i just happened to be the one to post first in our new sexy chicks thread. that pic is from the german film Run Lola Run. i don't usually get into foreign films, but this one is really good. worth renting. i almost dyed my hair that color once but then i got pregnant :preg:and decided to settle down a bit (just a little bit lol).

:welcome2: welcome born to fly, lost chick, and losinitin07! hope you like it here!

Great job shimmeringsun!!! Keep it up! :cheer:

Shy and Lost Chick. i've never tried that 3 bite thing. sounds like a great way to satisfy a craving for something that's bad for you. i like weight watchers because they have healthy guidelines to make sure we eat healthy but there is still some room for small portions of the stuff we can't live without! :m:lol

Shy Moment
11-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Countrygirl
I love the weight watcher snacks :)

Shy Moment
11-03-2007, 03:41 PM
borntofly
I am a home body. I don't tend to like to eat out. YUCKKKKK people touching my food. A great time is a good movie or sitting with friends playing cards. We all played candy land the other night. You should see how mad the men get when they have to Go down the slide lol.

Welcome Rena
Ok, most of us aren't wild and crazy but we do have time to chat and encourage each other.

Shimmeringsun
11-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Shy I hear you, I have no life either, I go to work, the gym or home. Woo exciting, at trip to Walmart is exciting to me :lol: Yeah I was shocked when I got on the scale and saw 4 pounds down, that never happens to me, I am wondering if it was my extra exercising that helped out a bit. Whatever it was it sure made up for saying no to all the treats this week that is for sure! :D

Hi and welcome bornToFly and Rena!! :)

Countrygirl it was a joint effort our group, and I am glad it got started! :hug: It is really nice to come online and talk to people who understand the struggles we all deal with losing weight and are there to listen and give positive advice.

I found some old pictures of myself and I am surprised on how big I was (even though I haven't lost a huge amount) I just don't understand at the time how did I not see how big I was and think I was fine? Does everyone else notice that about themselves? It was like until I was ready to lose weight I couldn't see myself for the way I really was....crazy. That is my deep thought for the day :p

mamamona
11-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Welcome LostChick:hug:
Shimmering, 4 lbs is GREAT:carrot: I know we are all proud of you.

Since I've been eating less, I'm having trouble keeping my blood sugars up. I've always been prone to periods of low blood sugar but lately getting worse. I'm eating regular spaced meals but still tend to get the shaky's sometimes. Anybody else have this problem?

countrygirl7902
11-03-2007, 04:33 PM
mamamona - what kind of food are you eating? is it mostly carbs that only raise your blood sugar for a short time? or are you exercising on an empty stomach? i googled weight loss diet for diabetics and a ton of stuff came up. if it's too hard to sift through all the internet bull, your doctor could probably refer you to a dietician or something. it's more important to keep your blood sugar stable than to lose weight! but i'm sure there's a way to do both.

OneLastTime
11-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi Ladies ~

Welcome to the newbies..... glad to have you here with us!! :hug:

In order to keep your blood sugar from dropping too low make sure you are eating smaller portions but more often throughout the day. Carbs will bring your sugar up quick but protein is what will keep it up there... even if it just means a tablespoon of peanut butter or some milk.

This is my weekend "on" for work so I'm not around as much but I still plan on checking in at least once a day. I'm glad to see everyone doing well despite a few setbacks here and there. I'm tellin' ya... those darn mini candy bars!!! Ugh. I'm worried about Monday morning's weigh in. :?:

Talk to you ladies soon!!! Take care!

mamamona
11-03-2007, 10:17 PM
I seriously used to be a carb hog. I would rather have a bowl of pasta with butter than any sweet on the market. But have really cut down on that stuff. Trying to eat more whole grains, less fat, more calcium and yes more protein. I probably do need to eat more small snacks throughout the day. I usually get 3 meals and maybe one snack. I'll try to break my calories up a little more.
Welcome to the new gals!

Smiling_Sara
11-03-2007, 11:55 PM
borntofly
I am a home body. I don't tend to like to eat out. YUCKKKKK people touching my food. A great time is a good movie or sitting with friends playing cards. We all played candy land the other night. You should see how mad the men get when they have to do down the slide lol.

Welcome Rena
Ok, most of us aren't wild and crazy but we do have time to chat and encourage each other.

I hear you on being a homebody. Everyone tells me I"m a 60 yr old trapped in a 28 yr old body. For instance, tonight I did go out to eat with some family members, but it's Sat night, and I was home by 10pm. I don't mind going out, but it always depends on where I am going. I don't like big crowds and try to avoid them. ( unless it's a good concert, but then the group I go with must be small. lol )

Smiling_Sara
11-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Shy I hear you, I have no life either, I go to work, the gym or home. Woo exciting, at trip to Walmart is exciting to me :lol: Yeah I was shocked when I got on the scale and saw 4 pounds down, that never happens to me, I am wondering if it was my extra exercising that helped out a bit. Whatever it was it sure made up for saying no to all the treats this week that is for sure! :D

Hi and welcome bornToFly and Rena!! :)

Countrygirl it was a joint effort our group, and I am glad it got started! :hug: It is really nice to come online and talk to people who understand the struggles we all deal with losing weight and are there to listen and give positive advice.

I found some old pictures of myself and I am surprised on how big I was (even though I haven't lost a huge amount) I just don't understand at the time how did I not see how big I was and think I was fine? Does everyone else notice that about themselves? It was like until I was ready to lose weight I couldn't see myself for the way I really was....crazy. That is my deep thought for the day :p

thanks shimmeringsun, I hear ya on the looking at old photos, only so far with me, I can't really tell a difference ( in photo's and clothes, but physically I feel better ) I'm hoping that the differences in clothes feeling looser and other ppl noticing the weight loss comes soon though. I've lost roughly 14 lbs in 2 months.

and a big thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome! :)

Shy Moment
11-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Shimmering
For me meds put weight on so fast it was hard not to see it. I just tryed not to look at myself. You are loseing very very fast. Has been almost 6 months. Have a weigh in wednesday. I will find out then how much I have lost in exactly ( 2 days shy ) 6 months.

Spending time with the hubby tonight and today along with housework and shopping chat tomorrow.

losinitin07
11-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Good morning all it snowed here last night and is cold winter is here. :dizzy:Thank you for the warm welcome and welcome to all the other newbies.

unstoppable
11-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Welcome to all. Hope everyone had a productive weekend

Shy Moment
11-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Can't wait to hear the jingle of the bells on the sleighs around here.

Smiling_Sara
11-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Happy Football Sunday everyone!!

OneLastTime
11-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Happy Football Sunday as well ladies!!

Had a frustrating day at work.... was good to come home and watch the game and take out some frustration on the TV.. lol

Tomorrow morning is weigh-in so wish me luck.... ugh. Not so sure this week with all the damn halloween candy around the house (and in my mouth).

Take care!

mamamona
11-04-2007, 09:43 PM
you guys was talking about pictures. I joke sometimes that if I died there won't be much proof I was ever on this earth as I hide from the camera and have been doing so for years. I don't have any pictures of me and my kids together. We have NEVER had a family picture taken because I'm too ashamed to get in front of the camera. All that is gonna change. That's one of my goals when I reach my goal weight, maybe before then, is me and my family are going for pictures together.

Good luck to everybody weighing in on Monday. I weighed this morning. I lost 1 lb. :carrot:

Shy Moment
11-04-2007, 11:39 PM
mama
I do know the feeling. We are trying to find a pic of me from last year. There aren't any except one that i am taking a pic of a room and you can see me in the mirror.

Nice going on the loss.

Onelastime
Hope the weigh in goes well. Mine is Wednesday. Little nervous about this one. Have never worried about it before. This one is a bit different, haven't had my dot in two months and that tends to mean a bit of weight gain. YOU wish me luck lol.

countrygirl7902
11-05-2007, 08:03 AM
morning ladies! i'm starting a new weekly thread for us this morning. i meant to do it last night, but when logged on it said they were doing maintainance on the site. anyway, look for the new thread before posting this morning.