Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #1  

Default Hello my name is Tee and I need Help!!!

I'm a emotional reck, having losed my husband in March of this year. I trying my best to get healthy by losing weight,but when I think about my husband I go into somewhat of a depression for a few days. When I do this a get off track with my wt. loss, I might do really good for 2 wks. and lose about 4lbs. and then when I go through hard times, missing my dear husband I gain aleast 3 of the 4 lbs back. Sometimes I just want to give up, but I know that my husband wouldn't want that. I'm open to all suggestions that will help me stay focused on a positive outcome to my wt. Howdo I stay on track because I keep falling off. How do I get more motivated about exercising, I imagine myself working out and losing the wt., but I seem to not be able to put it in motion. Please help a sister out!
thinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:15 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I can understand your situation as I lost my aunt 9/29 and my dad 10/11 and in that time i gained back 8 of my 21lbs - it is tuff to get back into it but one day at a time and you will get it and the weight will stay off. Good luck and if you hang around here with all this support it will be easier.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:58 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

You are going thru a diffcult time right now; and are still in the throws of grief. Start with one day at a time; making small changes that are easier to handle. Look around this site and choose a plan that suits you. Come here often (daily, if possible); read and post to keep your mind focused on a new healthy lifestyle.

Try to keep yourself busy and active; and when you get down, go for a short walk, or call someone, or come on here (whatever it takes to distract yourself, so you don't eat when you are not really hungry). The grieving process goes on for a long time, and is a part of life, just like learning to be healthy is ...

This is a very supportive place, with many caring people who know how you feel (our family has lost many beloved members in recent years). In time, things will get easier ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:02 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

I am so sorry to hear about your losses! It is very hard to go through this grief. People turn to whatever they think will comfort them--and it's not always the best thing.

thinton, do you have a grief support group that you are taking part in? This can really help you to get through the process, and often these groups are no charge. GONNABE165, the same would probably help you also. I hope both of you are finding some support through your family, your community, or your church if you have one. Sometimes seeing a doctor or a therapist might also be helpful.

Maybe until you are feeling stronger, you could concentrate only on not gaining any MORE weight, and on eating healthy, nourishing foods--not sugar, not junk--good foods. This would be a good way to take care of yourself. Of course, eating in a better way might also help you to lose.

As for exercise, just going for a walk is very good exercise to start with. If you have some exercise videos you can do, that might be good too. Don't think you have to do something big and strenuous to exercise--the point is to be more physically active.

You can get through this sad time without gaining more weight. Please hang in with us--we'll try to help if we can.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 10-27-2007 at 10:03 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote