Old 10-27-2007, 07:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Wkend chat Oct 27/28

morning all...well today just another day of work. Ughhh god i hate working on saturdays. Hope everyone is well. hannah...hope things are ok over there

have a great weekend!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

your not alone GG

I need a 5 gal coffee pot.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:03 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

Time to go make another cup of coffee!! It's been a rough couple of days around here. Grandparents are not doing well, and mom is in the hospital again, this time to have surgery on her leg to remove an abcess from when she fell on a step at a restaurant last month. She'll be in a few days. Gramps is getting out today after having 2 TIAs a few days ago. And Gran is really failing. That the short story.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/228/150

hey everyone.

i have the day off apparently i'm the only one. lol...anyways i still got up at 3 a.m so i could drive to the gym and do my workout. i can't seem to give up my quiet time before others show up at the gym, i'm selfish that way. during the week i have enough time to work out shower there and be to work at 5 a.m. the weekend is a little different so if i'm tired i go back to bed when i get home.
1970baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:21 PM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

1970 good for you for getting up at 3 am. That is real dedication.

Lauren, hugs to your mom and gradparents. Hope that they recover soon.

GG and John, hang in there. Working the weekends really does suck.

Hanna, I hope that you check in soon and that you are all okay.

We're suppose to go out with friends tonight. Dinner and then a Bar. I HATE Bars, however we told them to pick. Guess I will have to suck it up.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.
Talk later,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:53 PM   #6  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Lauren. Sorry to hear about gma. Hope gpa and mom are doing better.

I had to work today but I mostly set my own hours and Saturday is my only required day to work. Plus we're having a garage sale this weekend. It's a crappy weekend to do it but last weekend just wasn't happening!

I hope our Cali friends are ok. I don't think we've heard from any of them this week.

God bless you 1970!! I certainly wouldn't get up at 3 am to go to the gym!! Now that's dedication!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Hi all,

Weigh in today showed a loss of nearly a pound and a half. I was pleased as I was watching portions and drinking lots of water all week. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

GG & John, I agree! Our store openned an hour early for a big sale. Needless to say that was my shift. The customers were in rare form too. (Yesterday was full moon)

Molly, Hopefully people came to your sale today?? Man what a bad weekend. How's your mom?

Lauren, hugs to your family. Its rough when our parents (and grandparents) age starts catching up.

1970, 3am? I admire that kinda dedication ~ I couldn't wake up that early! Maybe after staying up that late, which I have been known to do. LOL

Lisa

Last edited by lppennington; 10-27-2007 at 06:43 PM.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #9  

hey all... well today SUCKED in so many freaking ways. First today i felt like Dr. Death. All the animals came to me prior to their stop to see Jesus. I euthanized two pets today becase they were sick...however, the last just drained me....a great lady..nice pet...bad disease. Then to make things worse, i got the schedule for November...and guess what NOT one whole weekend off in nov. Oh **** yea...i immediatley emailed the field manager and told her, i'm a team player..but not one weekend where i have sat and sun is unfair. Especially since i have not put any holiday request time off for thanksgiving or christmas, therefore i'm one of the few dr's working during all the holidays. I sort of assumed as the newbie..i didn't mind not having the holidas off. So i highly think its unfair that i don't at least have a wkend off. She said she was going to work something out...we'll see. I literally almost walked out today..i was soooo pissed. Hopefully things will work out. So today sucked as you can see.. and then of corse, i stress ate...did horrible today...to make matters worse...oh well..the margarita is slowly kicking in and i'm starting to feel better. All i have to say is that i came home to a gigantic hug and kiss from dh...a wonderful dinner he made and then a great back rub. My hubby ROCKS!!!!!

Alright all..thanks for letting me grip. oh yeah...and to top it off..my gators allowed the dawgs to beat them. Oh well..truthfull with the day i've day..football is insignificant. Tomorrow i'm off..and going to take a drive with dh in the mountains tomorrow..although with the drought they say the leaf change won't be spectacular.

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 10-27-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:04 AM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

GG, never thought of it before, but some of the things you have to do. You must be really strong. I would be crying all day. Have a nice day w/DH. I love the mountains and they are beautiful right now.

Mamabear, what is it that you do?

We sold a few of our larger items. The fireplace insert and my swing. I really did not want to sell the swing. I have only had it for a few months. It is all wood and it is so much better than those metal ones. Very strong and sturdy. DD ran in the house and asked "YOU SOLD THE SWING" then we hugged, lol. I guess she liked it too. Hope I can find one when I move.

We went out with the neighbors. Went to dinner, Texas Steakhouse. Needless to say I wasn't good.

Talk later,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:56 AM   #11  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Lisa, I sold a little but for a while Andrea made more than me. LOL I caught up though...she's made $3 and I've made $3.25! This weekend sucks for a garage sale!!

GG, I so couldn't do what you do! I'd love to play with animals all day but to have to put one down...I so couldn't do it! I know it's for the best for them but...no thanks. for you poopy day!

Alicia, I am the office manager at Bryan's (ds #1, 14) theater group. I have to be there on Saturdays for sure from 9-2 while classes are going on then the rest I can just come and go as I need to. It's kind of nice!

My eating was ok but not great. I'm getting re-weighed and re-measured at the gym on Monday. My fingers are way swollen today so I'm gonna have to really up the water today. That's my goal to get 2 of my 1 liter water bottles in me today! Have a great day all!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:57 AM   #12  

thanks lois...and yes, at my job you do have to be strong. However, sometimes you just know you are doing things to help the animals and that's what helps you deal with it. Glad to hear you got a few things sold. Sorry about the swing...sounds like DD liked it too.

Breakfast done...now we will be heading oof soon for nice drive. Have a great day. A good nights sleep has made me a little less stressed.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:58 AM   #13  

mamabear...thanks for the hug...sorry your garage sale didn't go too great.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Molly, wow a whole $6.25!! I would have to say ~ you made a killing. This was a super crappy weekend to have it. Maybe next weekend will be better and you can re-run it? Just a thought.

I was told yesterday that I had to leave early, because if not I would get overtime ~ heaven forbid that happen. So I left at 4 instead of 5:15. It's not like we were busy or anything. I think people are getting tired of our constant sales. (I know the sales associates are!) Yesterday was the 12 hour sale, today we are starting another one and Wednesday is another one still. (YUCK)

Well off to get ready for work.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:01 AM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

GG, you have to be strong to be a vet. I was a blubbering mess almost everytime a client had to put their pet down. Especially the ones I had grown close to. And I was just a receptionist! And with my own pets...forget it...inconsolable.

Alicia, what's the status with moving? Where are you going, and when? Bummer that you had to get rid of the swing.

Molly, that's actually pretty funny about the garage sale! Sorry! Hope you can have it again and make much more. Was it raining??

Grazer,

OK, I'm off to get the many things I need to do today accomplished!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote