General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 08:30 AM   #1  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Default Perfect Weight #5

Hello all,

We follow the ideas and suggestions found in Deepak Chopra's book Perfect Weight.

For the newcomers, here are some differences from some other plans:
    Lunch is our biggest meal, because digestion is strongest between noon and 2 pm.

The hot water is to flush impurities out of our systems. The way we tell if we have impurities in our systems is to check our tongues in the mirror. If there is a coating, we know we have impurities and need to be drinking the hot water.

Several of us have kicked the coffee habit and feel better.

Anyone here will be happy to answer questions. We welcome one and all. And yes, we are losing weight!

Last edited by waterbaby; 01-16-2002 at 08:35 AM.
    Old 01-16-2002, 09:03 AM   #2  
    Viva la vida loca!

Default Wednesday!

Hi all!

Gee, maybe I need to change my signon to "HOT waterbaby!"

Don't drink coffee at all any more. Maybe some tea occasionally, but mostly hot water.

How is everyone? This space has been a little quiet for the last few days...

Did anyone else actually take the quiz in the book to determine your type? I'm pitta-kapha. The characteristics fit me perfectly.

I'm also finding that by making lunch the "biggie" meal of the day, my eating is more sane. Heartburn is lessened too.

The Pants-O-Meter is still working, getting a little looser.

Hope everyone has a fab-o day. It is FREEZING here in Nashville, but the temp is supposed to get up into the 50s today.
    Old 01-16-2002, 09:14 AM   #3  
    a work in progress...

Good Morning...

I just have to comment that I have replaced my insane coffee drinking with hot water! I always thought that I needed the coffee, working nights, but I have gotten to the point where I don't drink it all, and really don't miss it! I LOVE my hot water!

The other night at work, someone poured me a cup and put it in front of me. I didn't want to be rude and refuse, so I let it sit there thinking, well , one cup won't hurt...but, I just couldn't drink it! I actually crave the hot water!

Gotta run, the gym is calling me...

Have a great day, all
    Old 01-16-2002, 09:29 AM   #4  
    Viva la vida loca!

Default Cool!

Hi all!

katrinabgood, way to go!

Every time I go to my parent's house they offer me coffee. I decline. My mom remembers that I quit drinking it, but my dad always says "are you sure you don't want coffee?"

They drink it all day long, and I used to, but I feel so much better without it that I don't think I'll ever resume the habit.

Glad the hot water is a good part of your life, and congrats for not giving in and drinking the coffee!

have a great workout!
    Old 01-17-2002, 12:43 PM   #5  
    Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi gals. I accidentally posted on #4 last night. My goal this week was to excersise and I did it! I lifred on sunday, rode on monday and lifted again today. Now I just need to make it regular.

I'm finally getting used to the hot water with lemon. I also like to add some honey but I'm thinking it is probably not as good for you. But it tastes so good! I posted more about that on #4 last night.
    Old 01-17-2002, 01:21 PM   #6  
    Viva la vida loca!

Default Honey and exercise

Hi all!

Cowgirl, way to go on the exercise!!!

You may have honey in your hot water (the Kapha imbalance that keeps us fat allows honey as the only sweetener allowed). You can have up to (correct me if I'm wrong, Jennifa) one tablespoon of honey per day total.

Try to get raw honey if you can find it; some say that honey produced locally where you live is better for you, too.

If you use honey, don't boil it for any reason. Breaks down the chemical composition into bee poo, which you can 't use

Keep up all your good work! You're a good influence on me...

Hope everyone is doing great! Would love to see a few posts!
    Old 01-17-2002, 01:41 PM   #7  
    cookies are for browsers

Hi all,

Wow, Waterbaby, you are a total loser!!! Good job!!

Hi Cowgirl, I am not sure if there is a limit on honey as it is the only sweet that reduces Kapha. I just know you shouldn't heat it. What I do is eat the honey FIRST then drink the water.

Hanging in there... trying to exercise but I have been really busy and it's hard to do when you get home after 10 pm to say "let's exercise" when you know darn well you aren't going to be able to fall asleep if you do. A great argument for working out in the MORNING.

Cowgirl, good job on the exercise!

Katrina, how are you doing? Please post and let us know.
    Old 01-17-2002, 05:20 PM   #8  
    a work in progress...

Bee poo? Hmmm...
    Old 01-20-2002, 11:42 PM   #9  
    Simply Noble

Makes you want to go right out and boil some honey, eh?

Glad to hear I can have the honey becouse I just can't seem to get enough. I'm drinking nothing else at work now! I still have my morning coffee but only two cups and I even skiped it once this week.

Weight lifting is going well. I set up a workout log and calander right by the gym so I can keep track. I lift on sunday and thursday and do abs on tuesday and friday and horseback ride on Monday and hopefully wednessday. I lost 5 ouunds last week and three this week I almost did not lift today because I was depressed but I did it anyway and felt much better afterward.

Glad to hear from everyone else. You encourage me too.

320\277\140
    Old 01-21-2002, 03:58 PM   #10  
    cookies are for browsers

HI all,

Cowgirl, congratulations on your dedication. You will get there!
    Waterbaby, Katrina, how are you doing?

I finally found a green tea I like and I bought it instead of the black tea I LOVE. I guess that's progress.

I have a Valentine's day challenge . I want to be at 188 but I really don't think it's going to happen, my weight has been yo-yoing like crazy.

Starting today, I resolve to eat 5 fruits and vegetables daily.

Harder than it sounds! Anybody else have a personal challenge they can meet?

Jennifa
    216/207/170
    Old 01-21-2002, 04:08 PM   #11  
    Viva la vida loca!

Default Valentine's day resolution

Hi all!

Jennifa, great idea about the resolution for Valentine's Day.

I'll chip in "eating clean" until then.

Glad you found a green tea you like. Some of them are awful

Cowgirl, you go! Great resolve on your exercise. I wish I could use SlimFast; it would sure make my days easier. Oh, well. Glad it works for you!

Where's everyone else? Katrina? Doin' okay?

Oh, about the "bee poo" remark...I had a friend in college who wouldn't use honey because he thought it was "bee poo". He would eat white sugar by the truckload, and no amount of convincing could get him to try "bee poo."

More later. I need to do the hot water thing...
    Old 01-22-2002, 02:53 PM   #12  
    cookies are for browsers

about that bee poo...

I read last week on cnn that goat milk has spider silk in it. Of course I couldn't stop thinking about that when I ate my Greek salad... then I thought that the cheese has probably been processed (well, it's the nature of cheese!) so much it doesn't exactly matter!

I heard somewhere that the average person eats 5-7 spiders in a lifetime... I wonder if they get fries with that!!!

GROSS!!

Today is a liquid day, gotta get that Kapha in check. I notice that I am grumpier the more carbs I eat, and the stronger the cravings. That is why I have that challenge of 5 a day. Usually if I eat 5 I don't have much of an appetite for anything else.

I miss summer, the fruits, the veggies, the outdoor exercise. Sigh. Maybe I should run off to the southern hemisphere for a while.

Jennifa
    Old 01-23-2002, 12:31 PM   #13  
    Simply Noble

I know how you feel. I can't wait till warmer weather myself. It is looking promissing though we have a week of 45-60 degree weather comming up
    As for the 5 a day here is something you might try.
    Get several different kinds of veggies. I use red and green cabbage, green and other color peppers, asparagus, baby carrots, onions, brocoli, and spinach. Get fresh ones. Cut up some of each kind of veggi into a large pot or wok and add some fat free or light italian dressing. Also add a tablespoon of hot sauce if you like. Stir fry all of this togather untill it is al-dente. You can eat as much of it as you like, you get at least five kinds of veggies and the hot sauce is good for the metabolism!I find that eating this makes me not hungary for a long time without that full, tired, sorta feeling that comes from too many carbs. You don't need to buy a lot of any one veggie and you have enopugh in the fridge to make it several times. I got the idea from a friend who knows a DR who is doing a diet program. Also try eating the veggies before the meat and pasta. Can't remember why but it is supposed to help you digest better.
    Dr Johnson says have 1\4 plate meat, 1\4 pasta etc, and 1\2 veggies. I lost about ten pounds the first month I tried this.
    Try it and let me know if you like it.
    Old 01-24-2002, 07:23 PM   #14  
    a work in progress...

Hi friends!

I have been so busy, running hither and yon...you would think I'd have burned off a pound or two with all this craziness...NOT SO!

I have missed the last two weeks of weigh in @WW... Just didn't want to face that scale...I need to just suck it up and get on the scale, come what may. If I gained, it's only because I haven't been following my plan too closely. I KNOW THAT! I guess I just don't want the weigher to know. (???) Like she cares. You know, the whole psychological aspect of this process is what really trips me up. I know WHAT to do and HOW to do it...it's just a matter of DOING IT!

WHY WON'T I LET MYSELF SUCCEED?

Anyway, I will keep coming back here for the support and the inspiration that you all have to offer. Thanks for being here.

Back to square ONE...
    Old 01-24-2002, 07:52 PM   #15  
    a work in progress...

Me again...

I just went back and read the posts that I had missed...

Cowgirl...Way to go on the weight loss! Good for you! I like your veggie stir fry, I'm gonna try that with the salad dressing! Tonight I sauteed onions, garlic, zucchini, and yellow squash, added a can of diced tomatoes, simmered about 10 min and sprinkled low fat mozzarella on top... Yummy! So there's another veggie dish for you, Jennifa . I just read something that said to make your veggie dishes as C O LOR F U L as possible...not only is it good for you, it just looks so darn pretty!

Waterbaby...just so you know, I am enjoying some BEE POO right now, in my tea! They say you eat a pound of dirt in your lifetime, so I guess that includes things like spiders and bee poo!

OK, I feel better now, having connected with you guys, I'm gonna go do some sit ups and some weight work before bed.
    Thanks! I'm glad I'm back
    Closed Thread