Support Groups - Sexy Chicks - Beautiful women losing weight and forming friendships - Oct 2007

countrygirl7902
10-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Welcome to Sexy Chicks! :welcome3:
We are a support groups started by a few newbies who were looking for serious diet buddies. We are here to support and encourage each other on our weight loss journeys, and to remind each other that we are already beautiful people.:grouphug: We are different in many ways, but we are all willing to stick by each other through this challenging process. Anyone who is committed to weight loss and is looking for support (and also willing to give it!) is welcome to join! Look for our Bio's thread too so we can get to know each other!

countrygirl7902
10-24-2007, 07:08 PM
hey ladies! hope everyone finds us here!

i've been really lazy lately. i started this diet on 10/1 and exercised 3-4 times for the first 2 weeks. but i've done nothing at all this week or last. ugh. i feel like a slob even though i haven't cheated on my diet. i've even had my workout clothes in my backseat since saturday, and everyday i drive right past Curves without going in!

I Heart Diet Coke
10-24-2007, 07:37 PM
hola! everyone :)

I'm going to go workout but I'll post more later ;)

Shy Moment
10-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Hello everyone

I have only been doing this for a few months but I feel better than I have in a long time. Can't wait to get to know everyone. Off to do my walking video. Chat more later.

PesHeather
10-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi, I'm new to all this. I have 100 pounds to lose. Have already given up chocolate and soda - two serious vices in my life. Will work up to me. Need someone to help support me in this journey. So far I've really enjoyed being on here.

countrygirl7902
10-24-2007, 08:17 PM
good job for working out Brittany and Rennie! maybe i'll join in and do some yoga tonight after i put the little one to bed.

Rennie, i'm about to sound dumb here, but what's a walking video?

welcome to Sexy Chicks, PesHeather! what kind of diet are you doing? anything structured or just watching what you eat? i can't give up chocolate altogether, so i find low-fat stuff. you can find fudge bars at the grocery store that are FAT FREE. they save me. i'm on weight watchers, so i buy their chocolate snack cakes and ice cream at walmart. you still can't binge on it, but it's better candy bars and stuff (mmmm snickers). it saves me from insanity!

GANDALEE
10-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm not really sure how to do this, so please bear with me!
I started program on July 26th. So far to date, I have lost 24 1/2 lbs. For whatever reason, I just totally went crazy for about 3 weeks...lost focus, but knew that I had to get my butt back into the center, and just deal with it! I gained 4 lbs., but have since gotten it back off! My long term goal is to lose 65 more pounds, and to have this off by Memorial Day of 2008!
I have been visiting this website since I have started, and decided tonight that I wanted to talk to other people going through the same thing, as me.

CountryGirl18
10-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Hello everyone!!
Is this forum still open for joining? I have about 60 pounds to lose. I'll take anything to get motivated again, Ive lost some before only to gain in all right back. I follow calorie counting. Looking forward to meet everyone!!!

countrygirl7902
10-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Welcome Gandalee! we all lose focus sometimes, so don't worry. you can get back into it. you're doing really well to have already lost so much! are you doing any specific plan or just eating healthy? i'm on weightwatchers. i just started this diet in a serious way on oct 1. i've been doing ok so far but i know i'm gonna need support to make it to my goal! we can help each other.

Gandalee, PesHeather, Rennie, CountryGirl18 - have you checked out the Sexy Chicks Bio thread?

*EDIT* CountryGirl18, we are always open for new members! we're a brand new club and mostly made up of newbies. the more the merrier!

Shy Moment
10-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Countrygirl
I just noticed it as I was going to do my walking video. Will get one filled out. Heck I thought I posted so much everyone knew everything about me including my pantie size lol A walking video, I am doing a couple " Walk away the lbs and Miracle Mile Walk. Are video that you do at home, walking and a bit of aerobics mixed in.

Don't you worry, I am sure everyone here will support you getting back on the track where you want to be.

Gand

WOW you are doing great. You must be working hard at taking off the lbs. I have to admit. I don't put a whole lot of effort into this.

Pes

WELCOME WELCOME
Everyone here rather they just ate to much, let stress get to them or like myself meds put a ton of weight on them understand we want to be slimmer and healthier than we are right now. We are right here and will support you every step of the way.

I have my " Mountain dew " time. One day a week is what I try for. I sit I enjoy that can of pop more than I ever enjoyed the 6 a day I use to drink. No one talks to me, I don't answer the phone. If the house is burning down, don't bother me unless the fire is right by the den door. lol

MommytoGirls
10-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi girls! I def. want to join! I love the name of the group btw!!!

My name is Liz. I am at about 190 lbs right now and want to get down to 115lbs if I can so I have a ways to go! My highest weight (right after I had my youngest daughter) was 240 so I have made some progress.

I am trying to do WW at home (just counting points on my own) and am trying to fit in exercise when I can. I am a SAHM though to a baby and a toddler so just looking after them and doing all the cleaning and stuff around the house burns calories!

Shy Moment
10-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi mommy
You will find we are going to gather a great group of people here. Support is something you are never going to lack again.

I can't find the darn link for the bio. Can someone give it to me?

CountryGirl18
10-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks countrygirl7902!!!
WE have the basically the same screen name where are you from? Im from a small town in TX!!
Where do we get those weight trackers at?

I Heart Diet Coke
10-24-2007, 10:11 PM
the bio thread is like right below this one in Misc. clubs :)

Shy Moment
10-24-2007, 10:48 PM
thanks, i forget to go to that section to find stuff. Found it

Lovely
10-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh I do so love the same of this thread. Just posting here makes me feel sexier ^^ Hello all -

Shy Moment
10-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Faerie
Hi, as you can see I am here all the time at night lol. I go down the new posts and then hit new posts. Sometimes am here until 3 am. Depends on if it is a sleep night or not.

ChunkyHannah
10-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Hi everyone, mind another joining your group? I'm "re"-new to this site and dieting - ha. I lost 50 pounds a year and a half ago, and over the last 9 months I've gained almost 30 pounds back. I've been trying to ignore it (wearing baggy clothes, not weighing myself) but I stepped on the scale at the doctor's last week and almost had a heart attack. I worked my butt off to lose that weight and I am not gonna go back over 200 again. Plus I just turned 24, and I really really want to be in the 130s by the time I hit 25. I know I can do it but having some support would be awesome!!!

MommytoGirls
10-25-2007, 01:15 AM
^aww that was my goal as well, to at least be in the 130's by the time I hit 25. Now I am just a few months away from turning 25 and so now my new goal is to at least be in the 130's or lower by the time I turn 26. I want my late 20's and my 30's to be fun. I want to feel sexy and youthful while I am still young!

Lovely
10-25-2007, 08:07 AM
Ha ha Shy :) We always seem to be on around the same time of night!

Welcome back Hannah & Hi MommytoGirls ^^

I'm preparing myself for Halloween. I've decided to let myself have one of my favorite candy bars. But just one. I haven't picked out anything to give to the costumed kids (and uncostumed teenagers) yet, though. I'd like to be able to give out candy, but I'm not positive about what to give out that A) I can resist and B) I can get rid of shortly after.

It's tough. I'm doing a "7 lbs in 7 weeks" at my WW meeting, and a 15 lbs by the end of the year through the forums so I've got to make sure I don't go overboard on the treats. Hence the one candy bar. I'm hoping that will make me feel satisfied and not deprived.

Anyone else doing anything?

Shimmeringsun
10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi everyone,
Thanks countrygirl for starting this thread here! Also thanks I Heart Diet Coke for letting us know where it was, otherwise I would have wondered where everyone went to :lol:
I went to the gym last night and have started this new program so we will see in a month or so if its really working! :)
I am really hoping by Christmas I will be back down to my 50 pounds lost, I am so frustrated with myself that I have let myself gain so much weight! I am hoping with this group it will keep me motivated to keep going!
I hope everyone is having a great week!!
Stacey

Lovely
10-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey Shimmering - :) I hope your new gym program works out well :exercise: :woops:

sxulcmnky
10-25-2007, 09:48 AM
hello hello all!

i worked out only like the first 2 weeks of my diet... i went to get walking off the pounds last night and they didn't have it at my walmart... apparently they were getting rid of their exercise dvd's.

anyway, i'm here during the work day. 10 lbs gone, 40something to go :D

OneLastTime
10-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Good morning all~
Looks like most of us whether we are just starting or restarting or have been working at it for some time now have some GREAT attitudes. If you haven't seen me on the other thread yet... Nice to meet you!!
I am not DIETING per say, just doing portion control, making healthier choices and exercising. Every time I have tried to DIET, I obssess over what I CAN'T have so this is working much better for me.
I'm excited to be here to give and receive much much support. We'll all need it to get to goal.

OneLastTime
10-25-2007, 11:01 AM
When is everyone's weigh in day?? Mine is Monday morning.
We should let each other know or rather, have to admit to each other how we did each week on the scale.
I need to be accountable to you ladies... being accountable to myself just doesn't work as I'm sure some of you have the same problem.
If we had a good week we can congratulate each other, if we have a bad week we can help each other figure out why and fix it for the next week.
What do you guys think??

Shimmeringsun
10-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi Faerie thanks for the good wishes, I need all the help I can get! :dizzy:
OneLastTime my weigh in day will be Sunday's but I am going to weigh myself tomorrow for this week.
I am honestly glad to have this group to get back on track, I feel like I am under control again this week and hopefully on my way back down again! I need that as I tried on a pair of pants I wore in the spring and I couldn't do them up today :( So my goal right now is to get back into those pants!

sxulcmnky
10-25-2007, 11:46 AM
i weigh myself on tuesdays

Lovely
10-25-2007, 11:57 AM
sxul - Try a few other places for dvds, or go back again. I'm sure someone has it somewhere, and if that's the one you want to get you motivated to work out, then you best get it! In the meantime you could always just walk around the block or at a park if possible. Always something simple (& cheap!) that can be done. And WTG on the 10 lbs down so far! :carrot:

One - I know what you mean about "diets". They're so... temporary. It's one reason I try not to refer to what I'm changing as a diet. It's got to be for the rest of my life afterall!

Shimmering - You'll be back in those pants in no time!

I definitely don't mind checking in each week for weigh in. My meeting (I'm using WW) is on Thursday so I get weighed in then (Tonight! Yikes!). I'll probably start out posting results each Thursday, but of course that can be modified down the road if need be.

Lastly, I've briefly thought about holding myself accountable daily here, too. Not sure how that will work out, but mostly a check list. :write: For example:

:running: Exercise: :yes: / :no: (Yes if I did... no if I didn't... that simple)
:hun: Food (on plan/did I do well?): :yes: / :no:
:hat: Water (did i drink enough?): :yes: / :no:

Might be cute, might be annoying :lol: I'll have to tweak it a bit. Anyway, I'll stop talking now. :blah:

ChunkyHannah
10-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Good morning everyone! Well I finally got the courage to step on my own scale this morning (something I haven't done in over 6 months!!) and it was eight pounds lower than at the doctor's! (Then again I was wearing a coat and carrying my big heavy purse at the doctor's.) That makes me feel a little better! Now that I've gotten that out of the way I'm going to go use my treadmill. I just got all my wisdom teeth out 3 days ago so I'm not supposed to do any "vigorous exercise" so the gym will have to wait for a little while (oh well :D)!

Oh, and my weigh in day is Monday.

Lovely
10-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Hey Hannah :) I hope the aches from the tooth removal go away soon. A little light walking shouldn't hurt too much I hope!

countrygirl7902
10-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Countrygirl18 - i'm from a tiny town in ohio, but i commute to the city for work. there's a weight tracker on this site - look under the Quick Links. or you can get one from TickerFactory .com like where i got mine.

Shimmeringsun - i feel the same way about letting myself gain so much weight. i had my weight down to 168 last decmember but then back up to 185 this summer. but i think we can really do it this time! Keep it up! :cheer2: i have a couple of pairs of jeans that i'm dying to get into too.

Faerie - i'm glad you like the name! it makes me feel better about myself too! that's a good idea about having one candy bar. it makes this whole process worse for me if i'm totally deprived of everything i love!

welcome Hannah! :welcome2: support is what we're all about so i'm sure you'll like it here!

OneLastTime - good idea about weighing in with each other each week. my day is monday too. i don't know if we can get everyone to weigh in the same day. but we can still all check in with each other. what does everyone think?

well ladies i just about kissed my scale this morning when it told me i lost 1.5lbs!!!!! :woohoo:(see i blame weight gain on my scale not myself lol) i'm happy but if i don't start working out i'm going to be thinner but still flabby. gross. i'm going to curves today.:exercise:

Shy Moment
10-25-2007, 02:36 PM
I am from a little town in ohio too. I GOT TO CHANGE MY TICKER I GOT TO CHANGE MY TICKER LA LA LA LA LA. Ok It excites me lol.

Lovely
10-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Lola & Shy - Congrats on the weight losses ^^

countrygirl7902
10-25-2007, 03:01 PM
:Dgood job Dawn!

I Heart Diet Coke
10-25-2007, 03:20 PM
hey everybody :wave:

I did pretty well yesterday. I did well on drinking my water :D so that's good. I did eat just a tad more than I should have last night. You know the old I'm not hungry anymore but I'm going to keep eating cause it tastes so good...... yeah just a bit but then I stopped myself so no biggie.

As far as weighing in once a week my WW meetings are on Thursday but I usually weigh in for myself on Wed. and some throughout the week haha I'm a scale whore lol so it really doesn't matter to me what day everyone wants to weigh in just lemme know and I can do it.

Shimmeringsun
10-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Countrygirl7902 thanks for the words of encouragement, I am sure we will both have acomplished that goal soon enough! :) Also congrats on the weight loss!
Congrats on the weight loss also Shy! :bravo: to the both of you!
I Heart Diet Coke, I wanted to say when I read your bio, I am a HUGE entertainment fan also, US and In Touch magazine would lose business without me haha
Well I will have to stick to my Sunday weigh it, its all a master plan actually that way I can have my cheat day after I weigh in, and I have alot more trouble sticking to eating healthy on the weekends so if I hold off until weighing until Sunday I can keep eating good until then. This all makes sense to me :lol:

I Heart Diet Coke
10-25-2007, 04:23 PM
I know what you mean shimmeringsun... gotta have that cheat day! :D I'm glad I'm not alone in my love of the entertainment world lol

Shy Moment
10-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Hannah
We have room here for one more new person and one more new person and one more new person....... Always room for one more. Welcome. We will be right here for you. Encouragement, advice, someone to chat with and a kick in the pants when needed. We have it all right here on this thread :)Take it easy don't want to cause any problems. Even stretching exercises will keep the body moving.

Mommytogirls
It isn't the date what we reach our goal that matters. It is reaching our goal in a healthy manner. Make sure you get those four basic food groups in and a bit of exercise. You will get there faster than you think.

Faerie
We seem to be the night owls don't we lol. We really all need to use yahoo too so we can chat more lol. Chocolate is the one thing I don't really allow myself except the weight watcher little chocolate cakes and their fudge bars. It is the one thing that if I eat a little I crave a lot but with the weight watchers snacks, they get rid of the sweet monkey on my back and I don't crave more.

Shimmering
You are wanting a lot out of yourself. Good luck on your goal. You will get back into those pants in no time, I just know it.

Onelasttime
I have never had to diet before. Finaly, the meds are out of the system and I had 78 more lbs than I had ever had in my entire life. Now is the time to get back into shape in a healthy way. I don't diet, I have changed how I think about, look at and eat food. I don't do without a thing. I watch portion sizes. If I have this today, I won't have it tomorrow. Fit day really helps to make sure I have those four basic food groups in each day. I have general amounts of what I want to take in, fat, calories, carbs. I try to stay pretty much in those ranges but if I go over that is fine. I am losing weight. Must be doing something right.

sxulcmnky
I do a weight in every two weeks at the docs office. More often if I happen to be there.

Shimmeringsun
10-25-2007, 08:09 PM
I Heart Diet Coke, yep I LIVE for my cheat day *LOL* Glad to have a new buddy that enjoys entertainment as much as me! :D
Shy, yes I seem to be a all or nothing person, I cannot seem to get a happy medium :halfempty Hopefully talking to new people here will help me relax and just take things day by day!
Hannah hope you had a good workout on the treadmill and didn't overdo yourself! :)

Shy Moment
10-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Shimmering
I am like that with housework and exercise and my 21 day challenge. I either do it all and do it right or don't bother lol.

countrygirl7902
10-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Liz, you're doing WW at home right? me too. i hate the idea of meetings. have you gone on the WW website and done the 1 week free trial? i did and got a bunch of info to help me and ordered a couple things from the online members only store. i just can't afford to have a subscription to it.

Hannah, i like what you wrote in your bio - "I want to be one of those people just "effortlessly" running down the road for miles and miles..."
i feel that way too. sometimes i want to just go out and run forever. but as soon as i get going i'm short of breath and i feel weak and tired, and i just walk instead. i would love to be a runner someday.

btw ladies, i'm so happy i actually worked out at curves today. it's been a while.

unstoppable
10-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone. Happy to be here

OneLastTime
10-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey ladies~
That's exactly why I weigh in on Monday mornings... it keeps me eating healthy all weekend when it is the hardest for me. lol
It's so good to see so many people here now... all working toward the same goal. btw... I love MAXINE!!

Shy Moment
10-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Countrygirl
Glad you got your workout in. Bet it felt nice.

Unstoppable
Hi

Onelasttime
I do the weigh in every two weeks because it is what the doc recommended lol. She isn't that far away and I am using the same scale each time. I did find out today ( since I was already there ) my cotton Capri's make me weigh 1/2lb less than my jeans do lol. Weighed myself in both. :) We wondered if it would make a difference.

I Heart Diet Coke
10-25-2007, 09:28 PM
hey yall (yeah I'm from Texas and Texas people say yall haha) I had a really good cardio workout on the treadmill (1 hour) and now my BFF is gonna come over and we're watching Grey's Anatomy (yay I Love Thursdays) and then I'm gonna get 1 more workout in before bed. hopefully this one will be with cardio and some strength stuff. I use to LOVE doing crunches and hate doing cardio but lately it's been flip flopped. I can't seem to force myself to do any crunches or lunges. :mad: but tonight I'm gonna make myself lol :dizzy:

Shy Moment
10-25-2007, 09:40 PM
I heart diet coke
I don't mind the walking, or the lunges or the other stuff. Crunches, I think if God wanted me to do them, my knee wouldn't be so far from the floor lol. They just kill me.

Lovely
10-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey unstoppable :) :welcome:

Shy - I've got my trigger foods, too, so I completely understand. I'm actually happy that chocolate's not one of them! Things like cheese fries with gravy & ketchup... or giant cakes are the things I can't really keep around the house lol. They're the foods I just have to be extra careful around, because if I'm left alone with them, they won't be there for very long! ; ;

Shimmering & I Heart - Who doesn't love a planned cheat?! :D I usually have a meal planned once a week that I look the other way on so to speak.

Okay, so weighed in tonight at my meeting and... :drumroll: down 3.4!! :woohoo: (Even though I was not perfect.) Now I've got about 6.4 lbs to go to reach my 2nd 10% goal weight. (10% down from what I weighed after the first 10% lost.) And 9.4 lbs towards 15... by the end of the year, and .6 for the 7 in 7 at my meeting... Working towards so many little goals is kind of fun. The same pounds are counting towards like 3 goals! I love it! ^^ Makes me feel even more successful than I really am! :lol:

I'm feeling really good today. And generally good about my eating & exercise this whole week :)

Today's Check List:

:hun: Food - :yes:
:running: Exercise - :yes:
:hat: Water - :yes:
Success!

Lovely
10-25-2007, 09:45 PM
I Heart - Wow that's a lot of exercise! Way to go! I hope you aren't pushing yourself too hard! I used to hate the cardio & love the strength training, too, when I was going to a gym about 2 years ago. It's switched a little bit, but really I need to work up my toning, because I'm not doing as much as I think I could be.

Shy Moment
10-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Faerie
Who would have ever thought I would have to stay away from green olives lol. I don't miss the chocolate at all. Seems it was just something to eat. Doesn't bother me one little bit to do without it.

Lovely
10-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Shy - I have to be careful of canned black olives! It's so easy to eat the lot of them, and then of course forget the fact that they have a LOT of fat in them from oil. Sure sure, healthy oils, but not when you eat the whole can! >_<

Chocolate's great, but it's not the be all end all. I'd probably take avacado over chocolate! That's another thing I can only have in small amounts. :lol: I'll eat avacado 'til the cows come home if it's available :moo:

MommytoGirls
10-25-2007, 10:37 PM
countrygirl7902- I did sign up a few years back for the online WW subscription. I canceled after a few months because although it was nice to have I had previously gone to meetings so I already knew a lot about WW. I saved all my old stuff from my meetings. I even saved my weigh in chart so I try and weigh in once a week still and record it. I liked going to meetings but right now I am just really busy and the thought of waking up early on the weekend or going at night when I am tired just isn't appealing! I really like the WW system though!

Well girls I did pretty well today both on eating and exercise. Hopefully I will continue to do well this week. I want to get in some more exercise today. The problem is that by the time I get both girls to bed it is usually 10pm and then I always have cleaning and stuff to do. I know I shouldn't make excuses but really it is hard for me to find the energy to exercise everyday.

MommytoGirls
10-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Faerie- that is funny! I am the complete opposite! I hate avacodos but could easily OD on chocolate lol. It is my one big downfall. I love it soooo much! BTW congrats on your great weight loss!!!

Shy Moment
10-25-2007, 10:44 PM
mommytogirls
I have found there are somethings I use to eat that I don't miss at all. Now there are some things I eat that I never ate before. Do you work outside of the home? Sometimes we just have to schedule everything we do to fit it all in. Everyone laughs, they know do not come to my house on Mondays. I scrub floors on Mondays.

Faerie
Black olives yuckkkkk lol you can have them. One can hmmmm
Calories 275
Fat 27.5
Carbs 11

Yes that is sure a lot of fat for one thing.

Lovely
10-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Mommy2Girls - Don't forget that little things like cleaning are exercise! They may not be the traditional treadmill kind, but you're moving & sometimes sweating to get things cleaned up & put away. Also, setting aside time to exercise for yourself is a good example for your daughters :)

Avacado & Chocolate: Well at least I know I can trade with you if they end up in our hands! :lol:

Faerie
Black olives yuckkkkk lol you can have them. One can hmmmm
Calories 275
Fat 27.5
Carbs 11

Yes that is sure a lot of fat for one thing.

Yeah... and a very good reason why I don't keep them in my house. ^^

Shy Moment
10-25-2007, 11:56 PM
My daughter was selling candy bars for her tennis club at school. I was so happy. Wasn't even tempted to have any. :)

ChunkyHannah
10-26-2007, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the all the welcomes and encouragement everyone. Congrats on the weight loss countrygirl7902 and faeire, WTG!!
And countrygirl7902 - that is exactly what happens to me when I try to run. I go for a minute or two, heck sometimes even less, and then I am gasping for air and have pain in my side and I'm forced to walk.
Well I managed to do 30 minutes on the treadmill today, and some exercises with my dinky little dumbbells too. Then tonight I got dragged out to a concert with my friends and ended up having drinks - but I only had two, and I ordered them with diet soda. Not the best but not the worst. :^:

Lovely
10-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Shy - WTG :) "Wasn't even tempted" I'm jealous of that! ^^

Hannah - Awesome work on getting exercise in :D And you did well on choosing better drinks! It's not wrong to have a drink or two. I hope the concert was fun ~

Shimmeringsun
10-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi everyone!
Well I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 2 pounds! Woo woo!
I heart and Shy, man lunges just kill me, they are in my strength dvd workout and basically I skip that part as its torture to me :faint:
Faerie, way to go on the weight loss! That is awesome! :broc:
Shy good willpower keeping away from the chocolate, they are selling chocolate at my workplace and I swear it whispers my name everytime I walk by the box, I am ignoring it *LOL* At the very least people could bring in the crappy chocolate that no one wants to buy as it doesn't taste good :p
I understand what you mean about the running, I haven't had the nerve to try at the gym running on the treadmill as I don't want to end up falling off the end, which would be so my luck haha
Hannah don't worry about the drinks you also exercised so that made up for it! :)

Lovely
10-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Shimmering - Thanks! & WTG on the 2 lbs ^^ :woohoo:

Shy Moment
10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Hannah
Speaking as someone with asthma. You have to work up to running or even fast walking. The lungs take time to get use to that kind of thing. Remember any is better than none. I am still doing walking videos. They say we are going 4.5 miles an hour. My lungs some days feel like I am trying to go 20 miles an hour lol.

Faerie
My temptation these days are green olives. I know, there she goes again about the green olives lol. Nice going on that weight loss if I haven't already said so

Shimmering
Nice going on the weight loss. Oh it wasn't even will power. Chocolate just isn't my thing. I just don't eat it because something in it makes me crave it.
I don't skip the lunges but I do balance my hands on the arm of a chair so I don't fall over. Ya right, that back food gives you balance. I am like a darn webble I might not fall down but I sure don't stay up lol.

Lovely
10-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Faerie
My temptation these days are green olives. I know, there she goes again about the green olives lol. Nice going on that weight loss if I haven't already said so

That's okay! I like green olives. I like -any- olives :lol: And thank you!

I Heart Diet Coke
10-26-2007, 02:53 PM
wow olives huh? That's deffinatly NOT my temptation lol :barf: There are many many many others though... last night I know this sounds stupid but I would have killed a man for some orange chicken and friend rice lol :D but I didn't eat anything. I just drank like 2 big bottles of water and went to sleep. Sure I was up peeing like every 40 minutes lol but at least I didn't cheat :dizzy:

Today's been okay so far. I need to go workout pretty soon I'm learning that if I don't get it in earlier in the day I wont do it or at least I wont do as much as I could. so I'll post more later. and let you know how my day has gone :) good luck today everyone one day at a time!

ChunkyHannah
10-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Hee hee I'm not one for the olives either but all I've been thinking about all morning is (unhealthy!!) food. I made the mistake of going to the grocery store hungry - Healthy Choice TV dinners were on sale so I went to stock up - and I kept wandering down the naughty aisles and drooling. I think the only reason I didn't buy a bunch of junk is because I still can't chew solid foods very well and especially not hard stuff. Oh well at least something saved me from it!

Great job on the weight loss Shimmering!! :cp:

And Shy I totally hear you on the chocolate. I have to stay away from it OR ELSE. :tape: Give me just one hershey's kiss and I'm done for - I'll eat a whole freaking bag!! And then maybe a twix bar or two. And then, and then... The worst thing is there is a "neverending" candy dish at my work that is always full of mini candy bars, just sitting right in the middle of the counter. Every time I go by it I say to myself "Ew, chocolate, how gross!"...I'm trying to train my brain to not like the chocolate. :rofl:

countrygirl7902
10-26-2007, 03:45 PM
hey ladies! Jane the moderator left a msg in our bios thread - she started a new bios thread that is for all of the miscellaneous clubs and stickied it so it will always stay at the top of the forum. so we would have to put our bio in a reply and then the moderator organizes them according to group. i know i'm not explaining this right so just go take a look and it makes more sense.

so for new members - just go to the 'bio thread for all miscellaneous clubs', post a bio and jane or marti will put it in the sexy chicks section.

for everyone who already posted a bio in our thread, you have to actually go copy/paste your bio from our thread into the new misc thread. sheesh. and don't forget to add at the top that you're in sexy chicks or they won't know where to put it.

ok so who's confused now? lol. i am:?:

countrygirl7902
10-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Hannah, we have one of those candy dishes dishes at the office too. i hate that thing. i want to throw it in garbage but if i got close enough to it to throw it away, i would smell the chocolate and just eat it all. good thing i don't have to spend my whole day in there, i'm usually out in the field far away from office temptations.:devil:

i have a big dieting test coming up on monday. i'm going to a nursing conference that starts at 7:30am (that's bad enough in itself). but i know that they are going to have a continental breakfast during the registration time and i have to get there really early because the other nurse i'm going with is a crazy person. so needless to say, as i'm drinking my coffee :coffee:i'm going to have all kinds of donuts and bagels and delicious fatty things staring at me and i'm not so sure i can say no! :nono:

it's one thing to drive past a krispy kreme store and not go in, but this is going to be torture! donuts are my all-time favorite bad food. :love:i love them more than chocolate and candy and cookies and chips and pizza (and olives lol). and bagels with cream cheese are not far behind the donuts on the temptation scale. i can eat breakfast before i go, but i'm not going to be really hungry at 6am. and i can wolf down a few donuts even on a full stomach! :ink:

Shy Moment
10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
i heart diet coke
Oh thanks you just had to say it didn't you orange chicken and fried rice. Lets all say it orange chicken ad fried rice. Guess what I am going to have to make for dinner tomorrow. My gosh that sounds so good and I haven't made it in ages. It is all your fault lol.

Hannah
We all find things to stop us sorry yours is so painful. Funny thing about the chocolate is that it really isn't something I care that much about. I can take or leave it. So I just leave it lol. Isn't it funny the weight watchers chocolate snack cakes are so chocolate one is just fine for me and yet I can eat a half a bag of Hershey hugs and not think a thing of it. Since I don't like to eat anything someone else has touched. The endless candy dish wouldn't bother me a bit lol.

Countrygirl
Can see if my little pea brain will let me do that lol. Oh my gosh I loved glazed donuts. Haven't had one in I don't know how long. Nothing wrong with 1 well ok 1/4 of one if they are a good one. How can anyone not love krispie cream lol.

OneLastTime
10-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Hi Ladies~

OK... I'll say it... orange chicken and rice. lol

Had a tough day at work... lots of problems on the psych unit but I managed to eat well regardless. I didn't get as much water in as I need to but there just wasn't time. That's ok though, then I didn't have to make time to pee either. lol

Congrats on all the weight loss everyone and everyone doing so well with keeping their cravings under control. I actually did have a bowl of ice cream after work... comfort food BUT it was a smaller bowl than I would normally have, about 1/2 the size so that's gotta count for something, right?

Going to see a play tonight with hubby.... It's a reinactment of Stephen King's Misery... anybody see the movie? I think Kathy Bates played a great psycho.

Have a good night ladies!!!

unstoppable
10-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Shy- I can't really get into the lunges, I do them because they say it makes your butt look great and it really thins out your thighs. But I absolutely love squats.

Chocolate and green olives both rule (LOL)

Shy Moment
10-26-2007, 08:11 PM
onelasttime
My daughter loves the fat free ice cream. she isn't suppose to be eating it at all lol has to have that lactose free stuff.

Unstoppable
Hubby is really good at this exercise stuff. Just because he doesn't do it anymore lol doesn't mean he isn't good at it. Won't even let me use his bow flex because I keep hurting myself lol. Said as soon as he isn't working 15 hours a day lol he will show me what I need to be doing. Lunges are one of the things that, while you don't have to do tons of them, are important.

HEY who said round wasn't a shape lol. I can live with that.

Lovely
10-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Oh my gosh you guys are cracking me up. If I hadn't already had chinese last night I'd have been out the door for some... orange chicken & rice... yeah thanks nice highlighting that, Onelasttime! ;) And btw, I have seen Misery & she played a very convincing psycho. I hope the play was good!

Countrygirl7902 - Best of luck at that conference! If you can, sneak in something for yourself in a plastic bag in your purse or what not. Dry cereal... or something. ... Or a Krispie Kreme... omg they're soo good... so now I have to go out get chinese & a donut... I thought you guys were supposed to stop my cravings! :lol: Joking joking!

Hannah - Isn't going to the store on an empty stomach the worst??!! I end up regretting it the whole week. I pick up a box of whatever that I bought at the store while hungry & think "Now why the heck did I pick up 3 boxes of brown sugar??? That doesn't even make sense!!!" I'm glad you didn't pick up too much junk ^^

And lastly, my daily check list:

:running: Exercise - :yes: (huff puff)

Shy Moment
10-26-2007, 11:17 PM
unstoppable
I love sitting and watching the videos lol.

Faerie
Tonight was a nice big salad with lettuce, tomatoes, shredded mozzarella cheese, OLIVES, ham was really good.

Lovely
10-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Faerie
Tonight was a nice big salad with lettuce, tomatoes, shredded mozzarella cheese, OLIVES, ham was really good.

:rofl:

Sounds deliciously healthy! :hun:

Shy Moment
10-26-2007, 11:23 PM
I eat salad when ever I can. Sometimes I can go weeks that the ibs just won't even let me have one piece of lettus. :(

Lovely
10-26-2007, 11:27 PM
That's got to be frustrating. :( Especially since it's healthy, easy to make, and yummy.

the slim me
10-27-2007, 10:08 AM
ah ha, I found you! I haven't been on lately. i was sick for a few days and then i had to work. and since I work 12 hour shifts, that doesn't give me any time to do much else on those days.

The Halloween delema. I solve it by buying candy that I don't like (yes, there are some). I remember one year i bought candy 3 seperate times because I kept eating it.

I didn't do too well at work Friday. Someone brought in homemade cheese cake and i had a piece. I wasn't going to, but things got crazy, i got stressed, and i ended up eating. Not the way to relieve stress. What I should have done was get a large glass of water. Next time.....

unstoppable, i hate lunges too. I don't mind squats. and I like lifting weights.

Good luck to us all...

Shy Moment
10-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Faerie
I could eat my own weight in salad. Hate when I can't have it.

the slim me
Nice to see you. It is hard sometimes to turn things like that down. A glass of water can never replace cheese cake lol

Lovely
10-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Heyo The Slim Me :wave: That cheese cake incident just shows that old habits die hard. It's difficult to resist rich fatty foods when we're frazzled.

countrygirl7902
10-27-2007, 10:32 AM
hmmm, let's see... water or cheesecake...lol. the only way i would have been able to resist that cheesecake is if i physical left the building for the rest of the day. that's one of the perks of my job is i don't have to be in the office all day. i can actually run away from the temptation! lol :running:

Faerie - i love your checklist! i might steal your idea and make a couple changes for my own chicklist if you don't mind.

carbonatedketchup
10-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Hello everyone :) I really like the idea behind this thread, sometimes a little encouragement is all it takes :). I just joined today and would love to make some friends on this site. I'm a vegetarian and lost alot of weight a few years ago but i've noticed im putting it back on and am looking to go back to my old weight from a few years ago. Nice to meet everyone :)

unstoppable
10-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Shy-you are too funny. I sometimes find myself sitting and watching the videos as well.

Uhm cheesecake

countrygirl7902
10-27-2007, 11:31 AM
welcome carbonatedketchup! :welcome3:

i hope that joining sexy chicks helps you out! glad you're here!

Lovely
10-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Lola - Please steal away!!! I actually stole the concept from the 100 lb board, and changed it around to be a little more "me". It keeps me accountable, and if it'll work for you, too, by all means....

And :welcome: CarbonatedKetchup! Please jump right on in & post! :write: BTW - I love your username... Let's just say when I was a child I was frequently asked "Would you like any fries with your ketchup?" :p

Shy Moment
10-27-2007, 12:12 PM
:welcome3: carbonatedketchup and anyone else I haven't welcomed
Oh what a name and yes I was the kid that wanted a little fry with my ketchup too.

Leave the building man oh man you have will power. I was thinking leave the city lol.

Unstoppable
I like the one I am doing now Miracle mile. There are some bigger women on it. Don't you just love to see those stick woman acting like they are getting a work out. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee I don't think so. They don't look like that from doing this little mile aerobics walk lol. I think we should make them eat chips while they do the video lol.

Reminds me of a funny story. My sister went tubbing ( in case you don't know what this is ) you float down a river on an inter tube and let the currant carry you. Anyway, she said she was getting tired. The currant wasn't running very fast and at about 305 the work of pushing herself thru the water was really getting to her. Her mother in law turned to her and said " Don't give up, there are chips at the end of the river " lol.

OneLastTime
10-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the newbies!!!

Shy Moment ~ Have you tried a really high fiber diet to help with the IBS? It would have to be soluble fiber though... like the kind in Metamucil. I have IBS as well and it helps me a lot. Ohhhh, and I love the story about the chips at the end of the river.... lol

We're going to a hockey game tonight... You just can't find healthy food there so wish me luck with that!! Maybe I'll just drink beer all night... lol Not that it's any better for me but it could be interesting!

OMG... the ketchup thing... I have to tell you.. When I was little apparently I absolutely LOVED ketchup and peanut butter sandwhiches!! Thank god I don't remember this or I'd probably be in therapy over it. I asked my mom what in the world ever possessed her to give it to me the first time so I even decided to like it or not... she simply said YOU WANTED IT. ~gagging here

Lovely
10-27-2007, 01:48 PM
:lol: Shy what a great story!

Man oh man, OneLastTime, first a play now hockey night :) You sure have a busy schedule! Have a great time :D And try to sneak in a snack in a plastic bag under a coat >_> why goodness no I've never done such a thing.... *innocent face*

Shy Moment
10-27-2007, 01:48 PM
onelastime

I never thought to add the Metimucel to my fit day. that would add up my fiber wouldn't it lol. I do take the stuff from time to time but it doesn't help much and tastes nasty lol. Ketchup and peanut butter, what a sick child you were. Heck I would feed my husbands ex better than peanut butter uckkkkkkkk.

Lovely
10-27-2007, 01:53 PM
There's always that Benefiber (or whatever it is) that's supposed to be nearly tasteless (though I've never tried it so I can't say from personal experience). Or there's Citrucel, too.

Shy Moment
10-27-2007, 04:09 PM
I looked at the kind I have, it is orange flavored. I can start putting it in my orange juice in the morning.

Shimmeringsun
10-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Hi everyone I hope you are all having a good weekend!
Ok since I have promised to be honest here on my eating and such. I went out last night for dinner and well had a cheese burger and fries, but I had water :lol: And today I took my parents out for lunch and well had, grilled chicken on a bun and fries.....but I did have water again :p See I am trying to think of a positive with a negative heehee
Welcome carbonatedketchup!!
the slim me, its ok that you had cheesecake, sometimes you just have to treat yourself! :)
Shy I know what you mean about little fit people doing the walk workouts, they of course make it look like its so easy, meanwhile I am like dying!
OnelastTime good luck at the hockey game, a few beers might fill you up like they say with water :lol:

mamamona
10-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey everybody! Hope you don't mind me crashing your party. Been looking for a smaller group to join.
I have lost 10lbs this month!!!! I started at 178 and my goal is to be at 130 by my birthday 7/4/08. It's hard to find clothes when you're both short and fat.
Looking forward to chatting with everyone!!

Lovely
10-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Welcome mamamona! You aren't crashin' anything ^^ Just a buncha gals in here chattin' it up. Way to go on those lost 10 lbs!!! :cb: That is super great! Losing another 38 lbs in 9 months is VERY possible! We'll be here to support you as best we know how :D

Shimmering - We just HAVE to focus on the positive! :cool: Besides, two meals with fries will not be your undoing. (But I do hope they were tasty :hun:)

Wish me luck everyone. :luck2you: I'm going to a Halloween party tonight. :witch: I'm eating dinner shortly so that I won't end up there tonight starving & surrounded by nothing but chips & candy corn! :dizzy:

MommytoGirls
10-27-2007, 07:56 PM
How is everyone's weekend going?! Mine is going well and I have been keeping up with my diet and exercise so that is good. There are times that I really want to just go off track and binge on some chocolate but I put up some old pics of me when I was skinny on the fridge lol so everytime I go to open it up I look at the pics and remind myself why I am doing this!!

unstoppable
10-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Welcome mamamona, we are glad you joined us. Congratulations on your weight loss.

Shy Moment
10-27-2007, 09:22 PM
mommytogirls
Sometimes it can be hard, great idea about the pics.

Faerie
Eat up so you won't be so tempted. Here is a little :dust: to help you.

Shimmering
Nothing wrong with a little treat here and there. Just make sure it isn't to many heres and not enough theres or it is going to say here and not there lol. I have this one walking video I wonder how the woman keeps her hair up. It is the biggest part on here whole body lol.

mamamona
10-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Too much stress today. Had ice cream and chips...not together thank goodness. Will get back to being good tomorrow.

Shimmeringsun
10-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Hi Momamona welcome and congrats on the weight loss! :)
Faerie, I hate to admit it but the fries were darn good :T But no more of me talking about fries or I will be wanting more *LOL* I hope you had a good time at your halloween party and enjoyed yourself!
MommytoGirls you have good willpower, keep that up! Me I am good all week long but weekends are my downfall. I am trying to slowly get that back on track also.
Shy I hear what you are saying, that is why I am glad to be in this group, people that can give their opinion without making you feel bad about yourself as everyone understands what we all go through! :) Your comment about the hair cracked me up!

OneLastTime
10-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Shy.... They sell the Metamucil now in pills.... capsules... much easier to go down... I just take 5 of them (the recommended amount for IBS) with my morning coffee and I'm done with it for the day. They don't taste like anything... lol

The Hockey game was a blast. Our team kicked the other teams butt 9-2 which is pretty high for a hockey game... Woo Hoo!!! I drank 3 beers and did share a few nachos with cheese BUT I only ate maybe less than 10 chips so I was proud of that. I would usually be eating the whole thing and licking the cheese out of the container. I was on my feet a lot dancing every time our team scored so maybe I even burned off the chips. LOL

We DID sneak in food in my daughter's purse! Well, hubby and daugher did... he brought some chex mix and some M&M's so I didn't touch either which was a bit difficult because M&M's are my absolute favorite. I would usually knock somebody to the ground to get at the M&M's but I just sooooo want to do this right this time that I'm taking pride in every time I say no. So far so good but I'm definately not opposed to sneaking the food into places.... Especially the movies... it's sooooo expensive!

Have a great night ladies... good luck with everything and I'll check in tomorrow.

Shy Moment
10-28-2007, 01:30 AM
I hate pills, doesnt that stuff make you go more lol.

MommytoGirls
10-28-2007, 03:25 AM
Yay I weighed myself today and I lost 2 lbs this week! Yay!! I decided that I want to try and get to 175 by Christmas if I can!

Lovely
10-28-2007, 03:44 AM
Firstly, thanks for the will power, Shy. Must've helped, because I didn't eat or drink at the party at all ^^ No snacks, candies or alcohol! Woot! Also, they are fiber pills/powder so.. yeah, they're supposed to add a little "going" power.

And thank you Shimmering, it was a lot of fun!

OneLastTime - I'm glad you had a good time. That's the most important thing after all. And wtg on avoiding the M&Ms ^^

Mommy2Girls - WTG on the weight loss!!! And best of luck on your goal :)

Checklist for today (well yesterday since it is VERY late):

:running: Exercise - :yes:

countrygirl7902
10-28-2007, 09:47 AM
morning ladies! wow everyone is doing so good! even those of you saying that you ate something you shouldn't have - you all still have good attitudes about trying again and getting back on track! that's great! sometimes i forget that i don't have to be perfect, and even if i cheat on my diet that doesn't mean i have to chuck it all. ;)

our thread is getting long! :D do you think we should start a new one weekly? if so, i can start a new one tonight for monday morning and could do that each week. lemme know.

mamamona
10-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Mornin everybody! Sounds like everyone is doing well and sticking to it this weekend. I'm about to get dressed and go for a walk if I can get this husband of mine up to watch the girls! Plan on pumping the old stability ball up today and trying that for some toning. :( Gotta be done though.
I would LOVE to be down to 155 by Christmas. 13lbs-2months. I lost 10lbs this month so I think it can be done. Everybody have a great day. I'll check back later.

unstoppable
10-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Mama it def can be done. Everyone is doing such a great a job with the weight loss. I am also guilty of indulging here and there, sometimes here and here, but try not to let it steer me off my course. Still have 8 more pounds to go until my Thanksgiving goal. Do you guys think this is realistic? If so any suggestions, I am getting bored with my diet.

karmuz
10-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Mama it def can be done. Everyone is doing such a great a job with the weight loss. I am also guilty of indulging here and there, sometimes here and here, but try not to let it steer me off my course. Still have 8 more pounds to go until my Thanksgiving goal. Do you guys think this is realistic? If so any suggestions, I am getting bored with my diet.

HI!
I'm still new here but this isn't my first weight loss journey ....
YES 8lbs is realistic - Thanksgiving is about 5 weeks away soooo that's 1.6 lbs a week. 8lbs is a realistic and healthy goal!
What's your diet, if I may ask? I was a chef in a former life (how I got so fat in the first place, lol) so I might have some suggestions on how to "spice it up a bit" if you're bored.. I also have experience with a number of different diet plans.. took me a long time to find out what worked for me!
I'm counting calories now, in addition to cutting out refined sugars,white bread and starches, because it really seems to be what works best for me..
doing the combo allows me to "cheat" within reason if I'm still falling within range of my calorie goals.. it's a lot harder for me to justify a treat if it's 1/3 of my calories for a day!

Shy Moment
10-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Mommy
Steady and slow is how the turtle does his pases but he always wins the race. The slower weight comes off the more use to the new way of eating you are. This isn't about how fast we can do something, this journey we take is about changing how we eat for our entire lives. How we look and feel about how we look 5 years from now, starts today.

Faerie
So glad you are so darn proud of yourself. Those kind of moments are what help us thru the rough spots. Since I don't have a " diet " plan. I never eat anything I am not allowed to eat lol. I just stay in some basic guide lines and enjoy.

I am still about 8lbs ahead of myself goal wise. Just looked lol. I don't tend to worry to much about that kind of thing. 1lb a week is fine with me. The skin loves it, goes back into place nice and easy nothing left over. Pretty happy that I don't have but a few stretch marks ( except a few extra on my breasts and they are very light colored) that I already had from having my children and they don't show much. I don't do without a thing, just watch portion sizes. This is just a thought from me to you all. A goal is very nice but if you don't make it don't let it get you down. Disappointment can really wreck all the hard work you have done to get where you are. Just think I have X amount of weight less to lose today than I did when I started this journey.

unstoppable
10-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Shy-I agree with you slow and steady wins the race. Every pound loss is a victory for me, especially since when I originally decided to lose weight I was 220pounds. I lost 20 and over the span of ~2 years, I gained back 12. So I am very proud of myself to be at 185, which is the lowest I have been in years. I think I weighed that much in 8th grade (LOL)

Karmuz- The thing with my diet is that I am always so pressed for time, and really don't have the opportunity to plan out my meals like I want to, as I am doing my level 2 fieldwork for Occuaptional Therapy.

Breakfast- 1/3 cup oatmeal (prepared with water)
2 splendas
2% milk (for creaminess)
water
Lunch- 2 slices whole wheat bread
mustard
1 slice of luncheon meat (always trukey)
yogurt
water
Dinner- green salad
2 hard boiled eggs
tuna
balsamic vinigrette dressing (water or diet beverage)
Snacks are caramel rice cakes, fruit, yogurt, carrots.

I usually only drink water. Every now and again I have some diet soda when i get tired of water.

But here is where the huge problem comes in. The hospital I am assigned to, finds an excuse to celebrate everything, with either bagels, cakes, cookies, chips....You get the picture. And I am always so tempted to eat what's on the community table.

Shy Moment
10-28-2007, 12:58 PM
unstoppable
I have it a little different than some. My weight was put on by being sick or many many years and tons and tons of meds. During that time I picked up bad portion habits when I did eat at all. The body never knew if it was going to get food or not. The only major thing I have changed is portion sizes and not drinking a ton of mountain dew a day. That is why you will see me post about my " mountain dew " time lol. I sit with my can of pop and enjoy every last oz of it.

I never had to lose weight before. When the doc said the meds were pretty much out of my system ( ok this was years and years of meds ) and I could " try " to lose weight. I wasn't really sure how to do this. I knew diets didn't work. I have heard lots of people talk about their diets. I just happen to find this site. I typed in a post for help. WOW the response I got, I couldn't believe it. I had found a home. I set some basic limits for myself, that later my doc and a dietitian said were good limits, and away I went. I am not working very hard at it. I am making changes for life. I don't do without a thing but if I have something today I am bit more careful what I have tomorrow.

I am not saying how I am doing things is right for anyone else. I do know they are right for me. I could never stick with something that I had to lower intake of carbs to having none of the foods I love. I could never lower my fat intake where I worry about every bite as to not go over limits. I eat nice natural healthy whole foods. I do try to stay away from processed foods. They really aren't good for a person and I have never eaten much of them anyway. I still eat lean cuisines for lunch or dinner from time to time when the family is having something I could take or leave and is higher in fats or such that I really don't want to take in. They taste great and give a nice variety to my diet.

I get those four basic food groups in a day

Meat 2
Dairy 2
Fruit 2
Veggie 3
Bread and Cereal 6

I swear I eat all day long to get enough in lol

MommytoGirls
10-28-2007, 05:03 PM
^shy- I was just curious where did you get your avatar?!

unstoppable
10-28-2007, 06:50 PM
I understand, I too find it difficult to deprive myself and I must say I have been doing well. If I want something I eat it, but try not to over do it. I find that when I deprive I end up eating more, so why bother. But my problem comes in not knowing all the foods that are "healthy" so I eat the same thing everyday and now I am looking for a change.

OneLastTime
10-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Evenin' ladies~ Welcome to more newbies!!

How's everyone's day been? Hopefully you've all been able to stick to your plans. I did fine with eating today except a handful of M&M's!!! :nono: Darn M&M's. I didn't get any exercise at all today but got a lot done around the house which felt just as good. Honestly, I had a few beers (3) at the hockey game and then 2 more when I got home so I had a bit of headache this morning. :o

Tomorrow is my weigh in day so I'm hoping some of you will hold me accountable just as I will for you!!;) Wish me luck with it! I do have to work tomorrow so I won't be able to post until later in the day/evening.

Shy ~ I love the way you explain your weight loss plan. I am doing the same thing, it just makes more sense coming out of YOUR mouth. :D Any time I've ever tried to "diet" I was obsessed over what I couldn't have. By just cutting down on my portions and making healthier choices I feel like I can do this for the long haul. I don't know if I missed a post early on where you said what kind of meds you were on or why but I'd be interested to know. Feel free to send me a private message if you don't want to announce it here. After my daughter was born I had a pretty bad Post Partem Depression and had to go on meds which caused me to gain approx. 30 pounds almost immediately. They warned me of the probable weight gain when I started the meds but had no choice, absolutely couldn't continue living the way I was. So I'd be interested to share our stories.... :hug:

Have a great night ladies and keep up the good work!! Oh ya, and DRINK THAT WATER!!!! :coach:

Shy Moment
10-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Onelasttime

Was sick with very bad lung problems for many years and arthritis problems, pneumonia every year. I remember one winter. I didn't feel good in the morning and made an appointment with the doc. By the time my husband got home from work I was almost delirious, don't even remember seeing the doc that day. Lots of different steroids, cortisones, inhalers, pills, shots. My gosh you name it they had it in me lol.

I left it all to God one day. They, to this day, have no idea what happened to my lungs. They are not the way they use to be. While not perfect I am no longer sick every year. Still took a very long time to get the meds out of my system. I have to be careful about getting any kind of infection to the respiratory still.

mamamona
10-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Hey everybody! I have actually kept up my walking this weekend. Usually it's hard to squeeze in when I'm at home. I usually walk during lunch at work. Went for walk tonight. Walking in 40degree Ky weather with no jacket will really make ya move!!! I also am not following any one certain diet. Just cutting back on portions, eating healthier and trying to get some exercise. I'm calling it my "THINK TWICE DIET". I think twice before I put it in my mouth:D.
Unstoppable, eating the same foods everyday can really put you in a rut. I've read your body likes things shook up every now and then so your metabolism doesn't slow. My problem is we are really on a tight budget right now and can't afford all those "diet foods" out there.

OneLastTime
10-28-2007, 10:33 PM
THIS or THAT....
I started a new thread under General Chatter to play "This or That" so come and play... I'd love to get to know you all better with this game!!

Shy Moment
10-28-2007, 10:39 PM
mama
Neither can we. I do sometimes eat a lean cuisine or a lean pocket when they are having something i really don't like or don't want like kielbasa sausage. Other than that I eat the same things they do really watching my portion sizes. When I first started to lose weight about 6 months ago I ate a lot of them now just a few times a week either lunch or dinner. You my dear, are a crazy lady lol. Put a coat on or walk with a walking video lol.

Lovely
10-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Lola - If a weekly thread is possible it might be good to start it up.

Shy - You are right on about not getting down & under if you don't exactly make a goal. I do use goals to help me out a bit, but they're usually "OK. Next, I need to lose X lbs." No time frame, just a loss I'm working towards.
However, lately I've been signing up for a couple of time frame weight goals, and while I'll be SUPER happy if I make them, I'm not going to give up if I don't. Because you're right, I will have come so far, even if it's not quite at the goal number at that moment.
I'm also very happy to know that you're much healthier. I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through such difficult lung problems.

Unstoppable - Ahh the rut. You know the foods you know and you know them well. They have not failed you yet, but ... they HAVE failed you, because they've left you in this rut, and now you're more likely to stray because you're bored.
In the coming days, why not try one new thing? Select one meal to make that will be different. It could be a new dinner recipe. Take the time to research just one. In all honesty you could find a new recipe in 15 minutes. (Heck there are a billion on these forums alone!) You may not have time to plan every single day of the week, but you definitely deserve to treat yourself to some new & healthy meals. Start with just the one, who knows where it could lead?

OneLastTime - Best of Luck on your weigh in ^^

Mamamona - WTG on keeping up on your walking!

Checklist:

:running: Exercise - :no: (Could have made time if I had just dragged myself out of bed earlier :p)

Tomorrow's a new day!

Shy Moment
10-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Faerie

Think I have one more mini goal left that i made. A new years day one. I said 161 we shall see. I hit my oct and nov goals early.

countrygirl7902
10-28-2007, 11:43 PM
hey ladies, i can't write much today. been busy busy busy :dizzy:with family and work stuff, but i'll check in with you all tomorrow night!

i'm gonna start a new thread tonight for monday morning...

Lovely
10-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Shy - Nice that you made those goals early ^^ That's a real boost. And of course all the best to you on your New Year's goal! :cheer2:

unstoppable
10-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Yeah, maybe I will try the one new food item idea. Just to spice thinkgs up a bit. Today 45 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes powerflex.

Drink plenty of water
Eat 5-6 small meals (one spiced up meal)
Exercise

Thank you all for your suggestions

Jane
10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Since a new thread has been started, I'll close this one. :)