South Beach Diet - Where did everyone see weight loss first?

Sabbykay
10-24-2007, 04:28 PM
I am seeing it in my hands. Maybe a little in my face...

I'd like some feedback on the places you saw weight loss first in this WOE.

SabbyKay

Schmoodle
10-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Belly!
Then boobs and butt.
Legs and face I noticed later.
Kept waiting for fingers because I wanted to take a ring off, but that only happened recently.
From the middle out I guess!

femmecreole
10-24-2007, 06:15 PM
My face...then neck, hands, legs...and finally the belly is going away!!

I put on a skirt this morning that I haven't worn since the end of last year. I love the skirt. Anyway, it swallowed me and decided just to staple it when I got to school. The staples wouldn't go through it. I've attached a picture of how much too big it is...about 8 inches. (took the pic to send to my daughter) Also wearing my "work" wedding ring which hasn't fit in years!

BTW..that's not fat under the shirt...it's just bunchy trying to hold the camera at the same time!

cottagebythesea
10-24-2007, 07:05 PM
My tummy first, then my butt, then my hands, fingers and face all at the same time. I guess my boobs are waiting until last, I never seem to lose weight in those mamas!

tomandkara
10-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I lose from the outside in. I don't know why. Wish it was the belly first - that's what I want to go...jiggly baby belly...ick! I noticed the loss in my arms and legs first. It *did* eventually get to my mid-section, but then I had a eat-everything-in-sight month and ended up back where I started. :(

Kara

unstoppable
10-24-2007, 09:12 PM
I first noticed my face and neck, hands and feet, legs and now my tummy is finally trying to get in order. I guess where ever you gain weight first, will be the last place to start coming down.

SandStripedcj
10-25-2007, 10:41 AM
definitely the face!!

dixied
10-25-2007, 10:51 AM
I seem to lose in my waist/stomach area first. I always thought it had to do with the fact I've never had babies, is baby weight harder to loose? I have no idea where I came up with that theory. :dizzy:

femmecreole
10-25-2007, 11:17 AM
I seem to lose in my waist/stomach area first. I always thought it had to do with the fact I've never had babies, is baby weight harder to loose? I have no idea where I came up with that theory. :dizzy:

I had 3 c-sections and a hysterectomy (NOT with bikini cuts,but sliced from the belly button down) so my thoughts are that's why it's taking a lot longer there...it's where I had the most fat!

vealcalf2000
10-25-2007, 11:32 AM
I lost in my face first. I can start seeing it in my belly now but that's always the last place it seems to go.

schluh
10-25-2007, 12:27 PM
I loose it from the head down....face...neck...arms...Boobs...then Finally belly and I rarely loose anything from my butt down. I don't gain weight in my legs but a ton in my tummy so shopping for clothes is fun.

Hikes
10-28-2007, 12:30 PM
It's only been a week - and only 6 pounds, but I swear the full 6 have come off my belly. My pants feel so much better! :)

favepairobluejeans
10-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I have to say, just as the book promised, I am seeing it in my belly first, Which makes me very excited, since that has been my biggest body issue.
Just like Hikes, I have lost 6 lbs in my first full week and it feels like its entirely in my belly. ( my pants fit better too! yeah for hikes and me!)

tigerseye99
10-28-2007, 09:55 PM
my face, calfs, and neck....then the butt and belly

beachgal
10-29-2007, 09:51 AM
I put on a skirt this morning that I haven't worn since the end of last year. I love the skirt. Anyway, it swallowed me and decided just to staple it when I got to school. The staples wouldn't go through it. I've attached a picture of how much too big it is...about 8 inches. (took the pic to send to my daughter) Also wearing my "work" wedding ring which hasn't fit in years!

Good for you, Cat! :cp:

I'm not sure if it was because I was cheap or lazy :lol: , but I didn't get new clothes for a long time at first. I used a TON of safety pins! I found that the huge ones made for quilting were the best...they are curved so it was easy to poke them through layers of fabric and out the other side. I never thought of staples! That's great! Oh yeah...I also used a length of satin "rope"/ cording for a belt. I couldn't find any belts that fit me, so that did the trick with my larger pairs of pants. ;)

Sabbykay
10-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Laurie, I am absolutely going to use safety pins. I refuse to buy a lot of new stuff because I have tons of clothes sizes 10-16 that I need to get down to. I think I can make what I have work for the time being. I'm glad I am not the only one.

I should be ok on the tops. I am actualy able to button a few now that I had to leave open before!

Sabby

Schmoodle
10-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Laurie, do you have any pictures? You must have looked pretty funny with all those big safety pins!:p I was the same way, until I saw myself in a mirror on the way home from work one day and realized how sad, saggy, and baggy I looked! I found lots of tops in my attic when I was pulling out the winter clothes, and two pairs of casual pants. I've just bought two pairs of pants for work and two pairs of jeans, so that should get me through for a while. It feels great to be wearing clothes that actually fit for a change!

Kim_Star060404
10-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I definitely lose from the top down. Face, then arms and chest, belly, and hips, butt, thighs, etc. last! I look funny for a couple of weeks and then the bottom starts catching up with the top! :lol:

lostchick
11-01-2007, 11:51 AM
I start start to sqiush in. hip-to-hip
I would really prefer butt-to-belly though! :)
I seems my belly is the last to go and it's my worst feature since 4 babies.

I need to lose my baby fat, for crying out loud he's 18!

GONNABE165
11-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Thats funny lostchick. I tell everyone mines from my son also - he's a 5lb yorkie but hey they don't have to know that.

dixied
11-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Thats funny lostchick. I tell everyone mines from my son also - he's a 5lb yorkie but hey they don't have to know that.

LOL - I am going to use that as my excuse from now on! Technically it is baby weight, cause my lap is where Tia likes to be at all times, therefore preventing me from exercising enough. :D Although she is happy to help with yoga. If I lay down on my stomach to do a cobra pose, she hops right onto my back.