Old 10-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #1  

Question Blood Group Diet

Has anybody who is A Blood Group done the Atkins diet? Dis you lose weight eating so much meat? Please reply
topsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/193/135

Height: 5'4"

What's a blood group diet?
Time for a change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:56 AM   #3  

The Blood Group Diet is a diet based on Dr D'Adamo's book called "Eat Right For Your Type". It is very good, but if you are an A blood type, you cannot eat meat.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I don't know anything about the theory in question but, perhaps coincidentally, I am an A blood group and would not think an Atkins type diet would be good for me, mainly because I'm not much of a meat eater.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:50 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KforKitty View Post
I don't know anything about the theory in question but, perhaps coincidentally, I am an A blood group and would not think an Atkins type diet would be good for me, mainly because I'm not much of a meat eater.

Kitty
I live in South Africa and everything evolves around meat. Because of the Atkins and Blodd Group I stick to Chicken and Fish. You can eat a lot of Mayaonaise and a lot of fat on the Atkins diet. So I bake my chicken in Mayonaise with spices etc. If you are an O Blood Group, its best to limit some of your veggies. Some veggies have a glue-type-lectin that sticks all "foreign" food together and stores it as fat. My 20 year old daughter is an O Blood Group and for faith reasons went on a Daniels fast. She only eats fruit and vegetables and actually picked up weight. Meat makes an O Blood Group to actually lose weight. Very interesting.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/193/135

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm an O

I don't think I could follow this diet, I love veggies & eat tons of them everyday.
Time for a change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I have followed the blood type diet for A's simply because a good (and very food smart)friend told me she liked it. I was also encouraging my DD who had some digestive challenges.
Yes, you can low carb. It's actually a very nice low fat way to go. I ate lots of salads and fish and chicken.

Over time I've become far less restrictive. I've added back some dairy with no problem. I still watch tomatoes and potatoes which actually do bother me.

Especially for A's, I think it's a wonderful start for learning the importance of that with which we fuel our bodies. I'm not in with the science but ... there's no harm in using the blood type diets with a little added wisdom and moderation.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote