LA Weight Loss - Oct 22 - 28 Friends and Losers Thread

bayoubelle68
10-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Good morning! Hope everyone has a wonderful POP day. Make good choices!

Dan2112
10-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Yay! Another Monday... NOT!!

The weekend came and went with a few "not so great" choices, but all in all we seemed to emerged unscathed.. Liz didn't quite make it POP with her 5 day plateau breaker, so she's going to try again this week, doing it strictly on weekdays, when it seems to be much easier to stick to the program...

There was just so much going on this weekend..Sigh.. I know, I know.. Excuses, excuses...

But at least the Cowboys won!

ON EDIT: I need some help.. I bought some bokchoy this weekend but as God as my witness, I don't know what to do with it.. I just bought it because it's on Liz's list of food for her 5 day thing... Any good suggestions??

Be one with your POP!!!

emmysmom
10-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Wow...you all are a chatty bunch (like we didn't know that already ;))

I finally got caught up on the past week...mostly skimmed the posts, but got the jist of it.

My 3 days of travel led to slacking off the rest of the week. DH's birthday was yesterday and he wanted meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and carrot cake. And yes, it was all very yummy...too yummy, actually. Needless to say, TO today and tomorrow. I have to break my mind and body of my bad habits over the past week and get back on track.

Now that I'm caught up here, guess I better try to get caught up with my work...

nighthawk
10-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi Everyone,
I have just started the LA program and have been reading your posts for a couple of days and would like to join in.
I am a 45 year old single Mom of a 17 year old man child.
I live in British Columbia
I am going to lose 75 lbs (by July12 according to COD;))
I love alot of outdoor activities that I feel to fat too really enjoy.
I look forward to getting to know you all
Take Care
Lori

KrispieD
10-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Welcome Lori
Hope the rest of you had a good weekend! I am about to sit down and doo my food plan for the next two weeks.. I've been BAD and an utterly furious with myself but will be using my emotions to get myself on track.. tsk tsk tsk.. okay scolding is all done. I'm going to write down every speck of food that will pass these lips and will report back later.
Kimmy glad the wedding was okay and you weren't a blubbering mess! EMIL had her 60th on Friday but surprise surprise I wasn't crying my head off at that one!!

Dan2112
10-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Welcome Lori!!

Geez.. ANOTHER Canadian... :lol:

It must be rubbing off, however... I'm just now really getting into the band "Great Big Sea"... Very groovy sound...

And of course, there's Rush.. :lol:

Katy66
10-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone had a good weekend. My was uneventful and I was able to stay mostly on plan....with the exception of a few extra liquid fruits and a bite of apple crisp my DN (dear neice) made. We had a family dinner - spaghetti made with turkey and ww noodles. Oh and I tried the cupcake recipe that uses the diet soda and egg whites, only I used egg substitute since my DGN is allergic to eggs. They were great!

Well better run...have a great day!

LizzyW
10-22-2007, 12:36 PM
GM all,

Well I didn't make it through the 5 day plateau breaker like Dan said. But I am still at 168 today. So I am going to try it again during the work week which seems to be so much easier to follow then the weekends when we have stuff to do. So here goes day 1.

I also have an NSV. I tried on a pair of Rocky jeans that I don't think I have worn since before the kids were born, AND THEY FIT. How exciting is that. I just saw them and said I wonder. I am very excited.

Welcome Lori. You will love it here.

Better get to work. Talk to all later.
Liz

Mama Nicole
10-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone :)
Oh, my number keys are working again.........say hello to lots of smileys and exclaimation marks!!!! wHOOHOO!!!

So, I only have a second, as I have to run to Walmart for some supplies........but wanted to take a second to tell Joni that I am doing FF today and tomorrow......and then maybe the plat. buster.......but not sure. I have to read about it first....lol. Otherwise, I will be doing the old red plan w/o lites, or the old purple plan w/ some sort of whey protein bars maybe. I haven't decided yet. That is my story, and I am sticking to it.

Kristen.......what is your plan?

Oh, also wanted to note that my friend did apologize for her comments. I was probably too upset when I wrote my original post to mention that. Also......I cried ALL DAY on friday about it.......but I am ok now.

I was a complete fatty over the weekend, and it was ooohhh sooo yummy........and so dumb. I haven't had hog fest like that in a long time.....and I really felt awful by the end of the weekend. I will not lie.......eating high fat, high sugar foods do not make my tummy hurt or anything like that............but eating crappy like that for a few days in a row really starts to make me feel dragged out and tired and cranky. Knowing that will make getting back POP, and I mean POP, not pretty much on plan, but PERFECT on plan for a few days will be a bit easier, as I NEED to feel better. I have been a bit down lately.......and as a wife, and a mom, I know I cannot let that get out of hand. You know how it is when there are just a few too many things that are unsettled in your life. That is kind of where I have been lately. I hate that. We must take good care of ourselves in order to beable to care for our loved ones :)

Ok, said way more than I intended.........do have to run before it gets too late for the boys to behave in a store :)

More later :)
XOXO

healthy2b
10-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi Everyone:)

Welcome Lori! You'll find lots of support here!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. I went to visit DSisterIL along with DH,all four of my kids, DSonIL, DGS, and my other two DD's boyfriends. I felt like we invaded DSisterIL's house but everyone had a great visit and great time. Unfortunaltly, I wasn't able to stay POP and the evil sclae shows it:( I'll just have to work hard to make up for it this week.

chiquita623
10-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi Everybody. Just got back from the COD and they have officially moved me from Gold w/Lites to Green w/Lites. They said that since I'm only 10 pounds from goal and the fact that I've been stuck for 2 months now that we should try it and see how it goes. I agreed with the understanding that if I felt hungry or like it wasn't working, I could go back to Gold.

I had a good weekend. Went to my grandson's soccer game on Saturday morning, then took him to Flat Tops for lunch and then we bowled. On Sunday, DBF took me to Bloomington to the 3rd Sunday Market. It was the last one until May of next year so I was really thrilled to go.

Welcome Lori. This is a great place to come for moral support or a good swift kick in the behind when you need it.

Lizzy - congrats on your NSV. Doesn't that make you feel like you can do anything?

Gotta go for now. For some reason they expect me to be working - what's up with that?

bradleys mom
10-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Hi gals! Heres to a POP week!

I wasnt exactly POP over the weekend... A piece of PB Pie saturday and a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard Sunday did me in over the weekend, but I am drinking lots o water and am stepping up the workouts today. I am coming down with what I think is a sinus infection as well. Ughh, I also have a Lab Practical Exam in Anatomy class tonight so I am stressing a little bit over that...

Hope everyone has a good monday. :)

Jrny2aNewMe
10-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Good morning all!

I am happy, finally managed to break this stupid plateau. Down 4.5 pounds since last Monday! Woohoo.

Welcome Lori!

Liz - good to hear you finally got the scale moving too. Doesn't it feel good to get into those clothes in the closet that you haven't been able to wear?

Welcome back Tina.

Dan - If you like Great Big Sea, try The Arrogant Worms - with your sense of humor you wouild probably appreciate them.

Kim - Glad to hear the wedding went well. Looking forward to hearing more and seeing those pics.

Hope everyone has a POP day!

EmilyLashea
10-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi Girls (And Dan)!!! I have been a lurker in and out for the past couple of months but have recommitted myself to being POP and exercising staring TODAY! So I would love to join in on the chatter.. Ya'll look like a fun group! :)

About me: I am 20y/o from North Alabama. Working as a bank teller.. In school for my business degree. Have been on LA since May but have done two medical leaves due to surgeries and have had a hard time picking back up after being off plan for a month or so.. so I definately need to support of a group that knows what I'm going thru!

Am I the baby in the group or is anyone else down around my age?

Can't wait to get to know all of you!!! :)

emmysmom
10-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Nicole - I'm right there with you. I ate stuff all weekend that I normally wouldn't eat and yesterday I felt like my head was going to explode. I mean, literally, I think my blood sugar went sky high and I felt absolutely lousy. So I'm "cleansing" today by drinking lots of water and sorta doing TO...meaning I cut out the startches, did grapefruit, but I'm keeping my dairy and 2 bars. So we'll see...

4.5 pounds, Val!!! Wowza! (can you tell I was watching Scooby Doo yesterday?)

Excellent NSV, Liz :carrot:

And to Kristen, Carrie, Kimberly and anyone else who had a less than perfect weekend...today is a new day :)

Hi Lori!!! :wave: Welcome to our group. Stick close to everyone here and you're sure to see lots of success.

emmysmom
10-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Hi Emily! :wave: My DD's name is Emily, too...and I believe you are the baby of the group :)

EmilyLashea
10-22-2007, 03:34 PM
i don't mind being the baby.. i'm the baby here at work too so I'm used to it :)

Dan2112
10-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Liz might disagree with you about being the baby of the group as that's usually a title reserved for me.. :lol:

So Liz fits in her rockies again... grrrrrrowll... Little does she know that her in a pair of rockies was one of those things that first attracted me to her in the first place...:whoo::love:

aguerin
10-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Hello all.

Welcome Emily and Lori. Emiliy which Center do you go to? I go to the one in Huntsville on University Drive. I am in maintenance now so I don't get in much.

I am back in DC this week, for the last week I hope. Didn't really try to stay OP this weekend as I am forced to eat what ever I can get while traveling. And then there was that whole incident at the airport last Friday night. Talk about stress eating. The scales are up a few pounds, but I just really don't care. This traveling is stressing me out. And I am hungry right now.

Maybe I can get back on track tomorrow and spread my food out more over the day.

EmilyLashea
10-22-2007, 04:18 PM
I go to the one in Decatur and am NOT a fan... COD is definately an accurate description! Seems like there is a different counselor every time I go and the one that does stay tends not to be very helpful atall.. i am SO tempted to just stop going and go it alone (with the help of this site, of course) because I really don't take kindly to rudeness. Anyone have the same problem at their Center?

BarbaraB
10-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Liza, Sorry to hear you had a scare. The fires in San Diego are currently making life interesting for me. All our test systems are located at the San Diego office, which actually quite a bit north of San Diego. The office is currently in the evacuation zone and management at my company is doing a not so minor freak out about the whole power might go off at the data center issue. Today I was expecting to be stressful anyway because we are trying to get a client of mine into user acceptance testing, which is going to be interesting, since everything is up in the air. I wonder how nice the client will be if we say we are late due to wild fire? We always are saying we have system fires, but this time, it really is fire causing us problems. Anyway, management is issuing new proclamations about every 10 minutes and the project manager on this client with me is being almost deliberately obtuse about the whole thing. Somehow he believed that it could not possible effect us as we have both been so stressed about this client for the past week. Oh well.. I guess at least it is new and different problem this time, instead of something that I've seen before and can't seem to remember quite what I did to fix it last time.

Liz, I was not good at plateau busting myself this weekend. Somehow I found it very comforting that I was not alone in my inability to hold the line. I just got plain old fashioned hungry. I think upping the exercise has made it really hard to stick with the plan, especially on Saturday, which is the day that I really try to have the highest intensity work out of the week. There is a point of hunger at which it gets really hard to be rational about it. Plus we were about to go to a hockey game where there are all sorts of concessions and they all smell so great. Oh well. Perhaps the up the exercise plan and the plateau busting plan are not easily done at the same time. I think I will stick with the up the exercise plan for awhile longer and see how that works for me.

Mama Nicole
10-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Liz might disagree with you about being the baby of the group as that's usually a title reserved for me.. :lol:

So Liz fits in her rockies again... grrrrrrowll... Little does she know that her in a pair of rockies was one of those things that first attracted me to her in the first place...:whoo::love:

oooooooh, someone's feeling sassy today :) Look out, Liz.......lol.

LizzyW
10-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Emily - We don't have a center here anymore. Ours closed down so we have been doing it alone. But this site is really good for support and a swift kick in the a** when needed. I admit it has been hard without a center here, but if you are set on getting the weight off, you can do it with the help of this site.

Amy - I hear you on traveling. I don't think I could do it like you do. It would totally drive me nuts. I have friends that did it in the past and truly just got tired of it. I hope this is your last one for a while too.

I also forgot to mention that TOM is here, so the munchies have kicked in, but I have been good and not snacked at all. Yeah me!!

OK, back to work.

KrispieD
10-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Oh good someone else is going to battle TOM temptations with me this week.. UGHH the bloating.. blech.
I'm off to see if I can get a case of lemons.. I'll be sucking on one every hour on the hour and chasing it with a hot water shooter!

Mama Nicole
10-22-2007, 05:33 PM
TOM is comming to my house this week as well. What a bunch of junk. lol. It will all be ok.......I promise. Liz........great WI for TOM :)

bradleys mom
10-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Hi little Emily! I am Kimberly and I am 23, I think I may be the closest to your age in this group! I could be mistaken... Welcome! We're here for ya!

:welcome3:

Oh and I will buying the lemons next week.. I am dreading TOM this month because last month I did not stay OP the whole time Aunt Flo was here!!! And with the Halloween goal ending while I am TOM, what will I do!!??!?:ghost::bat::frank::frank::dracula::sklol: (Trying to make TOM sound really scary...) lol

Mama Nicole
10-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Where is your avatar picture, Kimberly?

equinetcan
10-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Moving is done....albeit I am surrounded by boxes and don't know where much is but I am in. At least I have this week off to try and find most things and put them away.

I still have to go back and vacuum and clean the apt but it isn't bad so it won't take me more than an hour or so.

For something different this week I bought myself a couple of pomegranates. I love them and they are coming down in price a bit now.

That's really been the story of my weekend. I had priorities though...as soon as everyone left yesterday the first thing I did was set up the computer desk and the laptop!! Then I moved onto other things like putting my bed set together. Now that was an adventure. Its a good thing the neighbor was mowing at the time cause my bedroom window was open and lets just say I think someone took over my mouth cause I was swearing up a blue streak...just to myself though !! But I finally got it together.

Well I must go check out a few other threads on here...

galachick
10-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Hello everyone!

I just realized I have not visited this site for a month! The scales are showing it, too. If someone living close to northeast Georgia could come give me a big kick in the rear... it might help. I have got to get back OP. I am going to do TO and see if I can't get jump started back OP.

Just reading over some of the post helps. Thanks for continuing to encourage newbies and oldbies, alike!

Thanks, Renee

P.S. My ticker is not correct. I'll correct it tomorrow morning after my BNWeigh-in.:D

KrispieD
10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Renee
Welcome back.. jump right on the wagon that a few of us have fallen up (holding up hand in the air!). I KNOW that I do not want my familiar rolls from days of yore to be sitting around my middle for Christmas this year so today marked the beginning of a renewal, recommitment and remembering how/why I did this in the first place. The only fatty I want in my house this holiday season will be Jolly St Nick.
So for everyone that has slumped today is our new beginning. I even made myself a new ticker for a personal goal. Let's all get each other back on track!!

nighthawk
10-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Greetings all,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
I have just returned from the COD and my weightloss 3.4lbs that's 5.6 lbs in 5days that just blows me away. I got to change my avatar already

Ah Rush ...those were the days.

Cheers!
Lori

BarbaraB
10-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Lori, Welcome! That is great that you lost so much already! The program really does work and it is a healthy safe way to lose weight and keep it off.

Dan2112
10-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Greetings all,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
I have just returned from the COD and my weightloss 3.4lbs that's 5.6 lbs in 5days that just blows me away. I got to change my avatar already

Ah Rush ...those were the days.

Cheers!
Lori

"Those were the days?" :club: Spoken like someone who really needs to "come home" to the music.. sigh...

Sorry.. It's an OCD/obsesssion thing with me... :lol:

Congrats on the loss!!!! Keep it up...

Kimphin
10-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Good evening!!! What a beautiful day today! It was about 80degrees – normal for us is 50’s. I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop and wake up to a foot of snow on the ground.

Stayed mostly on plan this weekend, ‘cept for a few stray candy corn that somehow ended up in my mouth (oops). I tried extra hard at the gym this AM to make up for it.

Liza – you glossed over your scare the other day, but since I just put 2 and 2 together about where you are and what you do ---- you BE CAREFUL!!!! (not that you have the controls, but you know what I mean)….

Dan – cannot help with the bok choy, but do not put salt on it. And, if you find something to do with it, and it tastes good…. Share the secret!

Kim2 – glad the wedding went well. Pictures????

Lori and Emily – welcome to the group!

Nicole and Kristen – :wave:

OK, gotta go watch football! And avoid the candy corn (DH will have to enter a 12-step program after Halloween is over. Skinny man…. Hissss Booo!):bat:

Dan2112
10-22-2007, 10:22 PM
I meant to shout out to Liza.. Stay safe out there.. A bunch of my folks are gearing up to head your way. No assignments yet, but it's probably just a matter of time. I probably won't add my name to the "available" list, but I really want to.. There's just so much on my plate at the office right now I really don't have time...

Hope things look better for you soon!

Kimphin
10-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Dan - my thoughts are with your guys that they will be safe and successful. And if you go, same to you!

Ternoway
10-22-2007, 10:58 PM
I was less than 2 pounds away from one-derland on Friday and was completely psyched to be POP for the weekend to get it off and I blew it on Saturday night. We were out all day and I really didn't want to cook when we got home so we ended up going out for dinner to an Indian retaurant. I love Indian food but I love all the rich and very off plan foods! I ate the entire order of butter chicken and and half the naan bread! It was so so yummy that I just couldn't resist and it showed up at WI today, I'm up another pound. So back to it, I go. With any luck I will break through the 200barrier by the end of the week.

bayoubelle68
10-22-2007, 11:27 PM
I went over to our old house to clean some more and decided to get our goldfish. We just hadn't brought them to the new house - I really don't know why. DH's office is still in a little building in the backyard, so he feeds them every day. We hired a painter to do some touch-up work for us so we can sell the house and she keeps leaving the kitchen lights on every night. When DH asked her about it, she said she's leaving them on for the fish - because she thinks they look lonely. How does a fish look lonely? Well, I felt bad that our painter was more worried about our fish than we were, so I decided to go ahead and bring them here. The tank was disgusting! I cleaned it out, but it needs a new filter and maybe even a whole new pump. I didn't want to put the fish back into the tank since I had to use some detergent to clean it, so I used the only thing left in the house that I could put them in, but I had to hold it in my lap to keep it from sloshing on the way home.

Does your life ever sound like a bad country song? Here's my song title for the day: "Driving Down the Road with a Kool-Aid Pitcher Full of Goldfish Between My Legs."

EmilyLashea
10-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Kimphin.. glad to know i'm not the only one with a skinny mini for a DH (or DBf in my case) :devil:

bradleys mom
10-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Where is your avatar picture, Kimberly?

Its coming back, I am celebrating my 20lbs lost this week!!

EDIT: Heres an avatar that I LOVE looking at!!!

lizababe
10-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Hey all! Live from the frontlines.....

Kim - yes I did gloss it over. I was still in disbelief that I lived through the situation and that it happened at all. When we bailed from the fire scene we got caught in a crosswind that turned us sideways and we were absolutely stuck for a few harrowing minutes that made my pilot and I discuss a choice between a hard landing and a crash landing and how to survive the night in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately, I had my best pilot and he found a patch that allowed us to get out. As scared as we were, the ground crew was even more terrified by what they saw. I left the camera on in case we crashed so they would know if we crashed and know where to send searchers. The camera at one point went black and our two way radio lines went out so all they saw was us flipping around towards the ground, then total black and no one could get through on the radio for a few minutes. Dan - your old friend JZ was on the ground at the firelines watching the feed and I believe found religion because I heard him on the two way saying "Oh God, chopper 8 please get back home safe!" I have to admit, I quietly begged in my mind "Please, don't let this be it!" As soon as we landed my pilot and I nearly lost control of our knees and started calling our loved ones.

Will I fly again? Of course. Just like people still drive after getting in a car accident. The difference is, I will not take a chance like that again if I hear warnings that the wind is that bad.

Now, on the rest of the frontlines. The fires are BAD, possibly the worst this county has seen and worse than the 2003 fires. I got to work at 4:30AM and didn't leave until 7:30PM. I have to be back again at 4AM and sleep for a few hours. The fire line is now just 10 miles north of me and rapidly moving down the coastline. I have people on alert to call ALL of my phone numbers if it gets within 5 miles of us and am prepared. All of our important items are in the car, the pet carriers are ready to go and even the computer box is just a matter of yanking it from the wires.

POP today? I don't think so. Pizza and breakfast burritos for me.

Stay safe everyone else. Dan, if you do go on the list and head out here I'd love to buy you a cup of coffee and even give you a tour of the facilities. You could maybe get in touch with JZ again although they're keeping him as busy as they're keeping me!

God bless everyone and good night for now.

emmysmom
10-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Oh, Liza...my prayers are with you :hug:. Reading your post is like having a dear friend going through a bad situation and there's nothing that we can do but sit by and pray that you'll be okay...

Jrny2aNewMe
10-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Good morning all!

Liza - Wow! All I can say is stay safe girl!

Felicia - Love your bad country song title of the day - the mental picture just cracks me up.

MomOfThreeTeens
10-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Theres a picture of the bride and groom on my profile. I'll get some more put on my Picture trail site when I can. I cant do it from work.

Katy66
10-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Hey everyone, hope you are having a POP day:) So far so good for me but for some reason I feel a case of the munchies coming on. Good thing I have a meeting to go to before lunch....can't eat while I'm in the meeting:)

Lori - congrats on your loss, isn't it great?

Liza - I've been following the news about all the fires in your area, what a scary situation. You try to be safe....I can't imagine flying again after what happened to you.

Kim2 - The bride and groom look very happy, can't wait to see all the pics:)

Ternaway - good luck with reaching 1derland this week. You can do it!

Felicia - I have this mental pic of you driving with the goldfish and them looking sad......too funny.

Dan and Liz - Hope you don't have to head off to the fires Dan, especially since Liz is in her rockies.....:)

Kimberly R - way to go on the 20 lb mark, you keep it up.

Well I better run now and get back to work. Hey to everyone out there I've missed....

LizzyW
10-23-2007, 12:22 PM
GM everyone,

Well I did it. I broke my plateau thanks to the 5 day plateau breaker. I am down to 166.4!!! :carrot: I am so happy, you would not believe.

Renee - :club::kickbutt: Hope that helps. LOL

Liza - Please be very careful. I was nervous enough when Dan went to Idaho and he wasn't even on the line. Don't take anymore risks. I don't blame you for not being POP right now. Who could be in this kind of situation.

Well, I better get some work done, even though I don't feel like it. LOL. Talk to you all later.

Liz

Mama Nicole
10-23-2007, 12:40 PM
WHOOOOHOOOOOO Liz. I am going to have to check that plat buster out for sure :) WTG!!!! :cheer:
XOXO

myboysnme2
10-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Just a quick fly by!

Kim that picture is sooo sweet. You can just feel the love!!

Liza, where exactly are you?? I just talked to my sister in Oceanside and she said the evacuation line is only 2 miles away from her. Just wondering if you are in the same area. There are so many fires it's just unbelievable. Suz has the Rice fire coming from the North and the Witch fire coming from the East. I live 300 miles away and I am so scared for them!

Check back later...
KimS

lizababe
10-23-2007, 01:55 PM
KimS - I'm more central on the bay in San Diego and not close to the evacuation lines. My main concern is the unexpected fires from power transformers blowing and unfortunately, arsonists who are having a heyday with all of this.

Is your sister ready to go? The National Guard is here now, I followed a convoy home and they continued north up the coastline so they will be assisting with evacuation. Please tell your sister to be prepared, everyone in the county should be with their most important things packed and either by the door or already in the car. The Rice fire is moving pretty rapidly and Camp Pendleton is assisting in Oceanside so tell her to just keep an eye on all media reports and stay off the land line in case the reverse 911 call comes to her.

Take care all. I'm going to take a little snooze, I'm wiped out.

galachick
10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks, Liz...that was exactly what I needed! :D BYW, what exactly did your 5 day plateau breakers consist of?

Kristen, your words of inspiration are right on target, as usual! I want St. Nick to be the only fatty around my house this Christmas, too. I think I will start working on a Christmas Goal. Only 9 more weeks???

My prayers are with those of you near the fires, as well as, those of you who have family living near the fires. I can't begin to imagine what it is like for you. Here in the South, we see the damage the wind can do through tornadoes and hurricanes but adding the fire, smoke, and embers is just too much to comprehend. May God's hand of protection surround you and your loved ones. And may he bring a rain that will squelch the fires...

... and then the rains can move on over to the southeast to relieve our drought. I live near Lake Lanier in Northeast Georgia and drive over the bridges everyday. It has now been so low for so long that grass is growing in the dried-up coves. I have lived her all my life (37 years) and never seen it this bad.

Take care,

Mama Nicole
10-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey guys......
I have to go watch a movie with almost 3yo DS, but I wanted to pop in here real quick to say......."Liza.....so glad you are ok!!!!" I would have $hit myself for sure.

And where oh where is our Jillian? Check in soon please :)

Kristen........are you being a good girl? What about you, Joni? Did either of you do FF or TO or anything? I am on day 2 of FF, and I am kicking some serious butt :)

Ok, must go watch meet the robinsons now........i have a sore throat and a cough......so I am going to try, and I repeat, try, to take the afternoon off......:rofl:.
XOXO

Mama Nicole
10-23-2007, 04:16 PM
and good to see you again, Renee :)

Ok, no more (Hi Kims........)......must go snuggle.........

HOW WEIRD......I just tried to submit this post, and I got the error message.."the server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." Has that ever happened to any of you?

Katy66
10-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Nicole - You of all people should know that Mom's don't get to take time off...well only if you are hospitalized and time off just isn't worth that:) Seriously, hope you feel better soon and enjoy your snuggle time!

healthy2b
10-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi everybody.....I've had a horrible night and morning....last night one of my back molars broke in half and the pain has been terrible....I went to my dentist first thing this morning and he got me in and I'm going to have to have a crown. He did the prep work for the crown and the numbness finally wore off but now I'm in terrible pain again...don't know what is going on but I have a call into the dentist to see what is up....maybe the nerves are just aggitated and they will settle down and be better. I can't wait to get off of work so I can go home and take some pain meds.....may have to leave work early which I hate to do since I didn't get here 'til noon but I don't know how much longer I can hang in here.

Liza - How SCARY! Glad your okay and please stay safe!

TTKim - love the bride and groom picture, can't wait to see more.

Lori - WTG - good job on your loss....

Liz- congrats on breaking your plateau!

Tina - WOW...new avatar...you look great!

Joni135
10-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Tina - love the new avatar picture.
Kim - your son looks so happy in that picture! Congrats
Liza - I don't think I took a single breath while reading your post. Thank God you made it through that ordeal.
Felicia - you crack me up. Poor lonely goldfishies! I probably would have left the light on too, and if there was a radio, I would have that playing for them as well!
Thanks Kim...I'm now craving candy corn. I really need to go find that plateau buster menu!
Alannah - congrats on getting through your move. When does Chancey get to visit???
Nicole and Kristen - I'm a couple days behind you, but have to do something quickly!
Dan - you know me...gourmet cook! I found only one recipe using Bok choy in Deb's cookbook (where or where did Deb go ??).
Vietnamese-Style Beef and Noodle Broth-PVVSCIngredients:
1 to 1 1/2 lbs beef flank steak, very thinly sliced against the grain, size according to plan
4 cups chopped bokchoy (1 small head, about 1 pound)
4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup water
4 oz wide rice noodles
2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 cups mung bean sprouts
4 tbsp chopped fresh basil, or to taste
Preparation:
Heat a Dutch oven or soup pot coated with cooking spray over high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring often, until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate using tongs, leaving the juices in the pot.
Add bok choy to the pot and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add broth and water, cover and bring to a boil. Add noodles and soy sauce; simmer until the noodles are soft, about 4 minutes. Return the beef to the pot and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with bean sprouts and basil. Serve hot.
Makes: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 bowl; about 2 cups
LA Exchange: 1 Protein, 2 Vegetables, 1 Starch, 1 Condiment

KrispieD
10-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Hello All

Candy corn??? Do they make that in a blizzard??.. someone used that blaphemous word on this site this week I think.. I saw a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard!
QUICK Nicole/Joni..warn the newbies about the potential for world chaos if Dairy Queen is mentioned on this site!!!

Renee.. good to have another wagon jumper on board with me.

Lizzy. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. go get yourself some new jeans..the old ones won't fit soon!
Can you post the Plateau Breaker somewhere or bump up the thread.. I think a few people would like it.
I'm doing my version of the FF/South Beach thing.. only proteins, nuts and vegetables with very limited dairy and no carbs or fruit. I need to smack my system back into reality. So I'm on 100% until Saturday when we have a 50th bday party for a friend and then back on for another week till we go to Buffalo for a 2 night overnight, no kids to see an NFL game..yahoooo!
After that weekend all our bday parties etc are done and I am so looking forward to just having a few weekends at home.. it will be easier on my waistline and my energy level!

Liza stay safe :hug:

equinetcan
10-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Joni - I go get chancey thursday morning and she will be with me until later sunday night. The ex and new girlfriend are going to Maine for the weekend for a bowling thing so he will pick her up when they get back sunday night.

Liza - I hope everything stays ok for you dow there and you don't have to evacuate too.

Nicole - feel better soon!!

I spent most of today cleaning the oven and stove. Total of 5 hours between the oven, the door, the drip trays and under the burners. Its the only thing not cleaned when this guy moved out. You can really tell he wasn't much of a cook at all!! But it is clean and spiffy now. I just have to wait till tomorrow when I can open all the windows and turn it on in case there is any residue that needs to burn off. I will never let it get that way again!!

On the plus side I found most of the boxes with my clothes, blankets and sheets, and towels. I was looking yesterday but they were buried. It is slowly starting to look like a house. I still need a few things but it is getting a little better each day.

I'll check in again later...

bradleys mom
10-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Yea, Kristen that was me, my bad, wont mention (or eat) it again.... lol

BarbaraB
10-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Hi all,

Alannah, gosh I'm glad you are done going up and down those stairs at least as that made me tired just hearing about it. So nice that you get Chancey at your place. My sister had a yellow lab that she had to put down yesterday and he was so sweet. We will all miss him. He had bone cancer in his jaw. So hug your Chancey since they are only with us for a too short of a time.

I went to the gym at lunch and ran on the tread mill. I managed to make 5 miles in just under an hour, so that is a personal best for me on a tread mill. It really made me feel good. My DH is always talking about the exercise high, but I think this might be one of the few times I actually had one. Normally I just feel tired and crabby after exercise.

Liza, That sounds so scary. Our office down there is in the evacuation zone, so many, many of the folks that I work with all the time from that office are evacuated. It is amazing how many people who have so much going on bother to find a way to work still. I think it gives them something to focus on besides worrying. Management has stopped hyperventalating over the possible loss of power down there (or maybe they all just passed out from continued hyperventalation, hard to tell).

Nicole feel better soon. I miss having little ones to snuggle with.

My DH and I are over our trauma of the DD changing schools. Well after the quick calculation that it will save us somewhere over 50,000$ sunk in, even with her planning on the 5 year program and ending up with a master's degree... so 50,000 less for us, 15,000 less debt for her and she ends up with a master's degree at the end instead of a bachelors? Why were we even upset about this? I want to do the 5 year accounting program, as for the summer after the senior year there is a summer school in France. And at the end she will have enough credits to take the CPA exam too, which she has been all stressing herself out since you need 150 semester credits to take the CPA exam in Oregon. That is the main reason she has been taking 18 credits a term, so she could accumulate the credits for that.

Kim0303
10-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Just lurking around and reading what you guys are up to. Boy are you busy!!!

Congratulations Liz!!! Yeah!

Kim you son and DIL are a great looking couple. I know you are proud!

Liza, OUr prayers are with you. Be careful!

I am just trying to get out of a slump. Pissed off I had a weight gain last weekend Not this past one, and it is taking over a week to get all that weight off. How is that possible? I didn't even stray that far off of the plan. WOW! I am getting discouraged and I know it is up to me. I am the only one that controls what goes in my mouth but darn it is slow. Sure went on quick a few weekends ago!!! Trying to walk daily but my darn knee is hurting. Trying to walk anyway. Ok, enough gripping.

Everyone, stay strong and disciplined. Got to go tickle 17 y.o. DD's back. She had an arguement with her boyfriend I am sure. I tried to tell her life is to short to argue all the time but she won't listen. She sure hasn't seen that from me and her father either. If we disagree about something it isn't in front of her so I don't know why she keeps hanging with this guy. I guess it is the age. Lord, please open her eyes! Later!
ps don't forget biggest lossers

SpringManor
10-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi everyone, I have been reading this thread and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Lorrie, I live in Michigan. I have done LAWL in the past and now I am trying again, only this time on my own. I need to lose at least 60 lbs, so I hope this group will be my support. Everyone sounds like a great support group. Anything else you want to know about me, let me know. I started the take off that LAWL used to do, do they still do that? I am going to be on the red plan, do they still use that also? I bought the Luna Bars and the shakes I heard about on this thread. I haven't got them yet. Does anyone remember the 3 day take off starter from LAWL? Just wondering.

Lorrie Spaans
245 starting
190 goal for now. :):)

Mama Nicole
10-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Welcome Lorrie :) This should help :)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70537
There is a lot of info on this thread, but on the first page you will find the TO info :) Hope this helps!!!!

Mama Nicole
10-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Hey Kim#3.........just wanted to tell you that my 17 yo DD argues with her boyfriend NONSTOP. It's like they don't even like each other. I don't get it at all. Sometimes I think she is just trying to prove a point that she can be super bit*%& and he will still hang around. DH and I aren't a bickery couple either.....so who knows. I think she is my complete oposite.

Ok, I made it through day 2 of FF......Joni......I expect to hear you tell us you made it through day 1 of FF at the end of tomorrow.........:) :hug:

My sclae better be nice tomorrow......I only have a few more days to report a WI for the chicks to the finish challenge. Man, why oh why did I go on a binge last week.........and the week before? Darn doughnuts.
XOXO

BarbaraB
10-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Kim03, 17 year olds are notorious for not taking their parents advice, especially about boys. So yes, its the age. You are already down over 20 pounds, so don't give yourself too bad of a time. You are overall doing great. Sometimes it takes longer to recover from a slip up. I have no idea why, perhaps Dan's theory of the results taking a few days to really show up is part of it. A week is nothing, day to day fluctiotions can keep you from seeing progress over the course of a week when you are in fact making great progress. Your weight will change day to day more than you can lose in a week, so you have to just give it time and the progress will eventually be apparent. The scale is really a discouraging indicator of how well you are doing

EmilyLashea
10-23-2007, 10:35 PM
It's been raining in Alabama since yesterday... Yay! :cheer:

I'm on my last night of TO, thank God... managed to make it thru. Can't wait for a nice big baked potato tomorrow!! :)

Welcome Lorrie!!! :wave:

bayoubelle68
10-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Hey, y'all! I had just sat down to dinner with a steaming bowl of white chili when the phone rang. It was a lady down the street - who I hadn't met. She works with a friend of ours and he had mentioned to her that I might want to walk with her. I'm not sure why he thought I might, but God bless him! It has been COLD here today - our first cold day of the season, so I threw on a coat and met her at the end of our driveway. I warned her that I'm very slow and haven't walked in a long time. She said, "We'll be a great match!" and we took off. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my nearly 50 pounds of weightloss have made a huge improvement in my ability to walk. I was even able to talk to her the whole time. Six months ago, I would have been winded by the time I walked to the end of the driveway and not even been able to introduce myself! I'm not sure how far we went, but we walked for about 30 minutes and it was really fun getting to know her. We made a big loop and as we approached my house, she said she was going to go another loop. I said I thought I would stop of my house since I didn't want to overdo it and she said that was cool. But when we got to my house, I decided to walk another loop with her. I'm proud of myself for that - and so grateful that she pushed me without even meaning to. We may not get to be regular walking buds, but whenever her DH is out of town, we're going to walk together. I plan to call her often!

I have, however, realized that I've lost 50 pounds of insulation!! I took my kids out to recess today and after 10 minutes, called them to line up. They asked why and I said, "B-b-because I'm c-c-c-c-cold!" I'm usually such a polar bear, but I am freezing now!! This cold snap surprised us all! I had to go buy DS a jacket after school because - mother of the year alert! - I took him to school in short sleeves this morning, certain that it would warm up before recess. Thank goodness, his class chose not to go out!

Kimphin
10-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Hi all,

My DH and I are over our trauma of the DD changing schools. Well after the quick calculation that it will save us somewhere over 50,000$ sunk in, even with her planning on the 5 year program and ending up with a master's degree... so 50,000 less for us, 15,000 less debt for her and she ends up with a master's degree at the end instead of a bachelors? Why were we even upset about this? I want to do the 5 year accounting program, as for the summer after the senior year there is a summer school in France. And at the end she will have enough credits to take the CPA exam too, which she has been all stressing herself out since you need 150 semester credits to take the CPA exam in Oregon. That is the main reason she has been taking 18 credits a term, so she could accumulate the credits for that.

Oh, the poor girl. Is there nothing you can do to change her mind about being a CPA? (...:D that's what I am)

Sounds like oregon has more strict criteria than NYS. Good for her for being so dedicated to her future now.

amylou7777
10-24-2007, 02:48 AM
hi friends! a quick check in before I head to bed. School has been ridiculous lately and it looks like it will stay this way until Christmas break!

I have still yet to lose a pound this month. COD thinks I'm almost ready to be moved down to purple!! I promised to be super good this week and try to get a few more lbs off so that I can offically move down and start losing regularly again! I think it's time-my body just wont budge. So it's back to basics. Weighing and measuring again-which I haven't been doing for the past 6 weeks. And of course no more nibbles of things I shouldn't have!

DBF and I went to the pumpking patch and the Apple farm that is quite popular up here. There were so many delicious apple treats to choose from! I ended up having a bit of homemade apple pie-man was that good! But luckily I didn't over do it. It was a beautiful day to be up in the mountains.

Nicole- I hope you are back to your jolly ol self very soon. I know how those funks can be!

Felicia-you crack me up! Love the country song...I think Tammy or Dolly could do that one well! Congrats on getting out and walking!!! That is awesome!

LIZA! I've been worried sick about you as I've watched the fire coverage. I'm so glad you are ok. What an ordeal. I was there for 2003 and this looks unbelievably worse. I ended up going up to Newport Beach in 03 to get out of the smoke bc my apt was so full of ash after just a few days. Hang in there. I'm most definitely thinking about you and all of my SD friends.

Val-you are doing SO great!! You are such a motivation. Congrats on your HUGE loss!

Kimberly-love the new av! What a sweetie Bradley is!

YEAH LIZ! Congrats on bustin that plateau!

Kristen-are you doing the Plat Buster? I saw you bumped it up---I will say that it definitely worked for me when I did it last month and I really didn't find it that difficult once I planned it out.

We'll have to put up a DQ alert!

Emily-welcome! You are definitely the baby of the group! I think I come in right after Kimberly- I turned 24 this summer. Congats on making it through TO!

Welcome Lori!

Kim#3-I've been feeling the same way--I've been doing so good and nothing will budge! I'm hoping weighing and measuring and getting all of my food in will at least drop me a lb.

Tina-wohoo look at you!! Get back on track-you are SOO close to that goal. Although maybe dh was right! You already look smokin.

I know I'm forgetting some that I wanted to say hi to but I must get to bed!

amylou7777
10-24-2007, 02:49 AM
oops-posted twice...

goodnight!

Lynx
10-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Hi all,

Barbara B,

I just had to write and tell you about my younger DS. Both my sons went to state schools for their undergraduate work. I insisted on that. My younger DS ended up doing a 5 year, 150 credit required accounting program to get his undergraduate degree, but when he graduated it was in the midst of the accounting scandals so he decided to go to law school. The business school/accounting program provided a very good base for his legal studies, but when he started college, I was not thinking that it would be an 8 year education.

Older DS, raced through college in 4 years as a Economics major so he could move on to law school. Luckily, his total years in school was 7.

Moral of story. When kids start college don't assume that an undergraduate degree is the end of the line.

Best wishes for everyone and let's hope that the Santa Ana winds die down and things start turning around for our California friends and of course, that is especially true, Liza.

Take care and be good everyone else.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

SpringManor
10-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Just wanted to say good morning. I got thru day one of take off, now to get thru day 2. Hope everyone has a good day.

Lorrie

P.S. Can anyone help me, I am trying to post my tickler that I set up and can't figure how to do it.

KrispieD
10-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Morning All
Hope you are all having a good day.. Felicia I hope you are staying warm. I had to laugh reading your post as since I lost weight I have to take a cardigan everywhere.. I'm always cold! My mom jokes that I have no meat left on my bones to keep me insulated..brrr
I'm off all day teaching again but have been sticking to my plan 100%. I'm going to do my meal planning for next week and will use the plateau buster.. I like the fact you can still have some carbs! I'm using my extended FF method mixed with South Beach so limited dairy and no carbs or fruit and the scale is going back to where the heck it should be! It is TOM but I got lazy on my liquid fruit and starches with all the bday parties we've had going on and confession time..the scale was actually up 7lbs! I see 3 gone which I think was water retention and hope more will move with Aunt Flo. After several self lashing with a wet noodle I did realize that I still made mainly good food choices and caught myself in time.. so I will stop punishing myself and get excited about moving my ticker again..to the right!!

Joni135
10-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Morning Kristen - glad to see SOMEONE has a plan and they are following it!!

Felicia - that's cool about your new friend and walking buddy. I've always been a solo work out person, but I find myself skipping out of going to the gym more and more. It may be trime to recruit some workout buddies. I did decide this morning that one of the simple joys I can give to Charlie (my dog) is to take him on more and longer walks. I will start today with that since we're not sure how many more good weeks he has, and I need the exercise!

Lorre - Tina posted a little info about adding a ticker (see the Newbies Sticky thread at the time of this LAWL forum)

Here's my question to all of you parents - do you feel obligated to pay for your child's entire college education? I can see helping out, but I've never understood why parents feel it is there obligation to fund X number of years of college. My brother took out massive loans so his son could earn his master's degree to teach college English. At one point my brother wanted me to co-sign on one of the loans and I said, sorry, no can do (his wife and I don't get along and I can easily see her leaving me with that bill)! My college tuition (in state) was paid by state scholarships, put on master card, and at some point when I really couldn't afford it, I postponed my education, went to work full time, and my employee reimbursed a great deal of my tuition. It took 10 years to get my undergrad and I never had to take out any loans. Of course, I'm talking 30 years ago, but the point I'm making is I hope that the parents are making themselves and their retirement a first priority over funding their child's long-term education. In the end, I think if they help pay for it, they appreciate it a lot more!

MomOfThreeTeens
10-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Joni-My ODS graduated from college in May, we paid for every penny. We told him anything else he wanted to do he was on his own. The place he works will pay for him to go back and get his Masters. We told him he would be crazy not to do it when he can get somebody else to foot the bill!

emmysmom
10-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks for all the compliments on the avatar. Smokin, Amy? Not so sure about that :) I did update my weight loss album, though (Joni's request) and when I looked at the side by side of me at 150 compared to 140, the difference is much more than I thought. I haven't taken my measurements in a while...maybe I should do that.

I've been cold all the time, too, since losing weight. I keep a sweater in my office because I'm always freezing. I work with a girl who is, I'm guessing, maybe 350 and she walks around here with sleeveless shirts practically all year and is always saying, "how could you possibly be cold"...

SpringManor
10-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Just testing to see if my tickler worked

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar011/slider-scaleyellow/lb/247/185/247/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

emmysmom
10-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Joni - Emily has a long way to go until college, but our plan is to pay for it for her. I do agree with you about appreciating your education when you pay for it yourself. I paid for mine (okay, still paying for it) and I was fine with that because my parents weren't able to help out much. But if I can plan ahead and save up the money for her, I'd like to...key words being save the money. My boss has a daughter who is in her second year of college and he just refinanced his house to pay for it...and this is only her second year! I think her tuition is something ridiculous like 35,000 a semester. In that case, I don't agree with paying 100%. And now that I think about it, if Emily would choose to go to a "top notch" college that would cost way more than what we could save for her, I think I would expect her to take out loans to make up the difference.

Joni135
10-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Tina - I predict that Emily will be a Harvard grad...probably at the top of her class!!!:)

Lorre - your ticker works......

On the hot/cold subject, not only am I carrying an extra 30 lbs of insulation, but I'm going through the obnoxious hot flash stage of life. I can certainly do something about the 30 lbs; unfortunately, I cannot stop the dang aging process.....surely someone has a pill for that by now!

Nicole - are you still watching toons with the boys???

zambejaly5
10-24-2007, 11:54 AM
when I first logged on I thought "6 PAGES!!! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN ALREADY" then I realized that it is Wednesday, where did the week go! I have my interview today at 2 for the police dispatcher, I have mixed emotions, I don't know if I can handle nights and still be a mom to 5. I don't know if I can handle working at all and be a mom to 5. it kinda scares me, but what I do know is while I was there testing for the job, I loved it and didn't want to leave. so I am going to do my best in the interview and let it take its own course and deal with it as it comes, if I get it great if not, great.

(NS) is still going great. I put on a pair of size 14 jeans today and they don't even hurt! and to think just a month ago I was in 18s!

there were just too many posts to catch up on but I just wanted to pop in and say hey, nicole feel better, Liza be careful I have been thinking of you every time the news talks about the fires. Yay to Liz! (watch out for that hubby of yours! he is not going to be able to keep his hands off you from the sounds of it, then again., he is looking pretty hot himself so you might not mind!)

got to run, I have way to much to do today and the inteview too! I will let you know how it goes.

later

LizzyW
10-24-2007, 12:21 PM
GM all,

Well I think the weekend caught up. I am up to 168, but I am ok with that. It is better than 170-172. I will be back down in a day or so.

Everyone is looking and sounding great. The motivation is coming through loud and clear. Can everyone hear and feel it? I know I can. We are all dedicated. We do make mistakes, but we are only human right? Think of all those people that aren't doing anything for themselves. We at least are trying to better ourselves and make ourselves feel great again. Just keep thinking that and you can overcome anything.

I had better get to work. Orthodontists appt at 10:15 so I need to get a little bit done before than.

Liz

MomOfThreeTeens
10-24-2007, 12:31 PM
:crossed::goodluck:Lettie-Good luck with your interview chickie!!!

Lynx
10-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Joni,
Re your parent question about higher education - DH and I saved so that we could help out with our 2 DS college costs. Our sons are quick to point out that they saved and earned about 40% of their undergrad costs through summer jobs. They each had the same part time school job in college with flexible hours and it helped to provide their spending money. They also went to a fine in-state public university which helped greatly to reduce the cost. They did not live at home because DH and I believed that living on campus is part of the total college experience and trust me my sons make sure they had the total college experience. That said, they were both great students and actually excelled more in college and law school than they did in high school. I blame high school sports for taking up too much of their time. For law school, we helped out again, but they also took out student loans. Older DS went out of state to a public university for law school because he believed that he would have a better chance of getting a good job in his chosen city. His plan paid off. Younger DS went out of state to law school, but to a private school and the tuition was higher, of course. We were fortunate that we started saving early and the college saving did not interfere with our retirement savings.

One further note on the subject that occurs to me after reading Tina's post - We had a neighbor who was the Director of a College Placement program and he always said that the best use of money for college is for kids to go to a good public university for undergraduate work. They do not need a nationally prestigious school for undergraduate. If they go on to graduate or professional school, you need to look more at the "name and prestige" of the university.

On the dang aging process and your internal temperature - have you tried or heard of a supplement called Olivia's Secret. It is the only pill that has worked for me. www.oliviasecret.com. I have taken it for years. A month or two into LAWL I realized that I did not have to take it anymore because, apparently, all of the soy products that I am taking are doing the same thing that this product does and my "hot flashing" has disappeared.

Lettie - good luck with your interview
Nicole - I hope you are feeling better today

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

emmysmom
10-24-2007, 12:36 PM
I had an ortho appointment today too, Liz...I was feeling pretty good, but now the annoying little ache in my jaw is starting to set it. Guess I better go eat lunch in case I get too sore.

EmilyLashea
10-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Good Morning All!

Joni- From the student's point-of-view... you're right. I am paying for all of my college and I feel like I definately work harder at it since it's my own hard earned cash putting me through and not my mom's.

Lorrie- Good luck on day 2 of the TO.. i finished up yesterday and actually feel a lot better since I did it.. It got my motivation up to stay POP! :dizzy:

Lettie- :goodluck: with the interview!!

Everyone else- I just want to tell you thanks for welcoming me into your little group! It's nice to be surrounded by poeple who know exactly what you're going through! :thanks:

Hope you have a POP day!!!! :)

KSingleton
10-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Good Morning Everyone! I haven't had time to check in since Saturday. Everything has finally calmed down a little bit. My official COD WI went well Saturday. I was at 175. The COD says my goal is 165, so they think I'm almost there. They moved me down to plan #2, and actually I like it a lot better. I haven't lost anything this week so far, but I think the stress I've been going through has contributed to that. I've been POP since Saturday, but the scales haven't moved.

Liza-What you are going through scares me to death. We are all praying for you!

bayoubelle68
10-24-2007, 01:45 PM
I am SUCH a dufus!! I totally forgot that today is my weigh day! I ate breakfast AND a snack and drank 2 liters of water before it was time to go! I, of course, was up 3 pounds. I know it will be gone when I go back on Saturday, but MAN!!! One of my water fairies asked, "Mrs. Pate, isn't this the day when you go somewhere while we're in P.E.?" I freaked! I said, "Yes! I can't believe I forgot! And I already drank so much water!" The little girl looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Mrs. Pate, water doesn't weigh anything!" I wish!!

I am so ready for Halloween! DD asks EVERY day, "Mommy, are we going to Halloween tonight?" meaning, of course, "Are we going trick-or-treating?" i should have never shown her her Tinkerbell costume!! I tried so hard to get DS to be a pirate so he could be Captain Hook and they would match! In fact, my original plan was to have them go as Bamm Bamm and Pebbles from the Flintstones. She's little and has red hair. He's chunky and blonde. He was all for it until he saw the costume. "I'm not wearing a dress!!!" So I have Tinkerbell and Jeff Gordon!!

lizababe
10-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry I'm not able to focus on individual posts though I know I read good news and I am so proud of all of you for your accomplishments! And Tina... hot hot hot!

A quick update: Amy - in many ways this is worse than the 2003 fires in the aspect of the span and how completely unpredictable this all is. The smoke and ash today is very thick. The better news is that in comparison, far fewer homes have been lost. In 2003 thousands of homes were destroyed within a matter of hours. In this situation, the number is in the hundreds. Our City officials did a fantastic job of improving emergency notifications and procedures since 2003 and that has helped tremendously. Evacuation shelters were established very quickly and the reverse 9-1-1 system that calls residents to order evacuation seems to have gotten everyone out in plenty of time to avoid injuries and points them into the direction of where they need to go for shelter. On a personal level, we're not in any direct path of fire and received news that a good friend used her press credentials to get back to her home in a rural area... it was still intact! That area was badly burned and she was as she put it "99% sure" it was a loss. When she got in there late last night she found the firefighters resting on her patio! Her Longhorns were also amazingly alive and well, still in their pens and happy to see her. Those of you watching this on the news may have seen our Larry Himmel reporting on the fires and watching his own home burn down. Heartbreaking as he is truly such a nice person but he as always, is looking at the bright side that his family is safe and will make the best of it.

I'm off to clean up a bit then back to work.

MomOfThreeTeens
10-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Felicia-Your kids are beautiful!

Liza-Be careful and take care of yourself!! Our thoughts are with all who are going through this tragedy.

emmysmom
10-24-2007, 02:17 PM
I thought about you today, Liza. I went home at lunch and my DH said, "I was watching the news and someone in a helicopter spotted a guy starting a wildfire...could you believe that there are arsons out there." and I thought, well yeah, Liza told us that. But seriously, the whole thing is just heartbreaking...

BarbaraB
10-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Good morning chickies

I wouldn't ever mortgage anything to send a child to college, let alone dip into retirement savings. We always planned to pay for close to 100% of the cost to get an undergraduate degree from a state university. Of course it is a gift to the child to do that, and not a right... and my DH occasionally threatens to pull the plug should she not tow the line to his satisfaction. I suppose I'm the one who was willing to do whatever it took to get her to start school, as she was really on the fence about the whole college thing and I had to do a lot of convincing that it was a good idea for her to go.

Kim, I didn't know you were a CPA. Do you like it? I do think my DD is a born accountant. She worked for the summer and still one day a week at the accounting and finance department at the company where my DH works. I was worried that exposure to actual accountants would change her mind, but it didn't. They love her there.

I managed to wake up and go to spin class today. Always nice to get that out early. Did anyone else watch the Biggest Loser? The one guy gained 17 pounds in a week, and it seemed like he did it on purpose. I can't believe that they didn't vote him off but another guy? I know if I wanted to it would be easy to show a gain on any given weigh in, but 17 pounds?

Mama Nicole
10-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Good morning ladies and Dan!!!

Felicia….I am sooo happy for you. What a great neighbor. You know, I have a neighbor that mentioned that we ought to walk together last summer, and I never took her up on it. Maybe I ought to. Really though, I am so happy for you. And on being cold, when I was a thinner me, I used to get sooo cold that I had to wear long johns all winter long. I am kinda looking forward to those days again………..I think.

Oh, Kim……..you never fail to make me laugh……I so missed you J
Oh, the poor girl. Is there nothing you can do to change her mind about being a CPA? (...:D that's what I am)

Amylou…….you are right…….it is time to weigh and measure everything……and NO BLT’s. It is funny how those little things can be enough to stall you………also……..sometimes your body just needs a bit of time to catch up with your brain. I have to tell you………when you mentioned having just a little bit of apple pie, I smiled to myself and thought……..oh hooray, Amy is going to make it…..all the way!!! I have a feeling we are looking at another Kristen, or Kim, or Barbara, or Dan, or any of the other LAWLers that just kept pushing on without any major screw ups. I am so happy for you, you have really, “changed your mind,” and that is what makes one successful on LAWL. WTG!!!!

Barbara……I too was thinking of your daughter’s college expenses…….and man, I am soo not prepared for that. DH and I both put ourselves through college, and we are still paying for it……..so I am super unsure how we want to handle college expenses. Luckily, our kids are brilliant, so I am hoping for some scholarships……but man, I just don’t know what we will do. You kids are lucky to have you helping them so much with college.

Lynn………I guess I didn’t realize you had two sons………and wow, that must have been rough putting them through that much school. Two lawyers, huh? Are there a lot of lawyers in your family?

Lorrie……good job making it through Day1 of FF…….I will hope that today goes quick for you J

Kristen…….I swear, we are like twins lately J I was up almost 8 pounds since just before my Germany trip. I am now only 6 pounds up (after FF), and I am doing the regular old plan today. I may join you in the plat buster next week, but we’ll see how everything is going. I am expecting TOM today….so I am really hoping next week is better sclae wise. The good thing is…….my attitude is better…….and that is the only way this works.

Here's my question to all of you parents - do you feel obligated to pay for your child's entire college education? I can see helping out, but I've never understood why parents feel it is there obligation to fund X number of years of college. My brother took out massive loans so his son could earn his master's degree to teach college English. At one point my brother wanted me to co-sign on one of the loans and I said, sorry, no can do (his wife and I don't get along and I can easily see her leaving me with that bill)! My college tuition (in state) was paid by state scholarships, put on master card, and at some point when I really couldn't afford it, I postponed my education, went to work full time, and my employee reimbursed a great deal of my tuition. It took 10 years to get my undergrad and I never had to take out any loans. Of course, I'm talking 30 years ago, but the point I'm making is I hope that the parents are making themselves and their retirement a first priority over funding their child's long-term education. In the end, I think if they help pay for it, they appreciate it a lot more!

Thank you, Joni……I could just kiss you. The fact that you were in college a few years back only shows me that your determination was strong. I think it was more difficult to afford college years ago, as it held different priorities. It was perfectly acceptable (and still is in many areas) and lucrative to have a trade or be a laborer and make a good living. Today…….things are just weird. Almost seems like those that work the hardest get paid the least. Sometimes I feel like we are raising a nation of spoiled rotten brats. But, that being said, after visiting Germany and finding out that 4 year college is FREE (for the most part) to all students……..I wondered why things were so different in our country. Anyway….I said earlier that DH and I both put ourselves through school, and although I hate making that loan payment……it has given us a sense of, oh I don’t know, ownership of our successes in life. I didn’t decide to go to college until I was 20 and already out of the house. It never occurred to me to ask my parent for $$$ for college. I think I just figured I had missed the opportunity cuz I had been out of the house for over 2 years. DH went to Milwaukee School of Engineering….and let’s just say, being a private school, it is quite pricey. He was raised by a single mom, and his grandparents helped out with some of his college expenses, but he has a ton of loans too. When I think about how we will afford college for our kids……I kind of don’t want to foot the bill completely. I had a friend whose parents paid for half of everything, and she was required to work and pay the other half. I am considering this. It was a lot more difficult for her to fail a class knowing that SHE would have to pay for half of it again. I don’t know though, and I reserve the right to change my mind when my kids go to college. I have learned over the last 18 years of parenting to believe in my parenting philosophy, AND to leave room for change when new info becomes available.

I have to agree with the others, Tina……..you look incredible. I am so proud of you (even though I hate you cuz you are probably going to win the chicks to the finish challenge….:roflJ.

Lettie……..I can sooooo relate to your inner struggle on to work or not to work. Let me just say this………if you feel good there……if you loved it………GO FOR IT. While I was kind of looking for work a few months ago, I never got that feeling…..and I have since put that idea on hold. This job sounds perfect for you. If anyone can do it, you can. You have special skills that many do not. They will be lucky to have you J And, if it gets to be too much working and managing your home……..well then you will change things. Changing things cuz your family comes first is a way different story than quitting a job cuz it was too much for you.

Liz………..fabulous attitude. Your sclae will quit being an a$$ soon. I can fluctuate up to 4 pounds from day to day. Keep working, it WILL pay off J

Emily……….WTG getting through FF. It is tough, but it truly does make you appreciate all of the wonderful foods that are on plan.

Krista………WTG on your fab loss. Keep it up!!!

Felicia……I just love the sound of, “one of my water fairies…….”. It is just adorable.

Liza…….stay safe.

Ok……..I ate some wonderful strawberries with my breakfast….and I totally felt like I was cheating after two days of FF. I am not still watching toons, but I did sleep in this a.m. I got up to get Emily and Bethany off to school (they both have to get up really early), and when I got back from bringing Emily at 6:45, I told DH I was going back to bed and I was staying there until 10:00 a.m. Well, my wish came true…..he stayed home this a.m. with the boys and I slept like a rock. When he came in to wake me at 10:00 I felt like he woke me from the dead. It felt soooo good to sleep. My DH rarely does things like that…….so I almost flipped. I am going to try to rest, Katy, LOL, today, but it is sooo hard to do so. I am feeling a bit better. I hate getting sick. I rarely get sick, so I have no patience for it. Oh well. Thanks for all of your well wishes J

Now, stay OP, would ya?
XOXO
P.S. Yes, I realize it is no longer morning.........oops.

Lynx
10-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Just a note - Nicole, there are only 2 attorneys in our family and they are our sons. I am not surprised that they went to law school, if I had got back to school, it would have been law school.

I did not have any help from my parents for my college costs. My parents did not have the resources and by the time I was going to college they were in their 60's. I always say that I went to college by accident. I did what my friends were doing and they were going to college. When I was a sophomore in high school a counselor told me that he did not think that I could afford college because my grades were not high enough for scholarships and my parents could not help me out. You know how it is when someone tells you that they think you cannot do something, you have to prove them wrong. I saved money by going to a two year school and lived at home and then transferred to UW Madison and graduated.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

Mama Nicole
10-24-2007, 03:11 PM
How funny, Lynn :) Good for you though. Real nice high school counselor...lol.

BarbaraB
10-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Nicole, You'll most likely help them as much as you can. Even if all you can do is let them live at home while they are studying, that can really help them out. Tuition has gone up so much over the years, way more than inflation. Text books are so expensive these days too. It is not unusual for a single text book to be 200$. I was shocked by that. My daughter has worked since she was 16, first at Burgerville (serving burgers with love as it says on their name tags, which I teased her about). Nothing motivated my DD more to go to school than a few months of asking if you wanted fries with that. So she has paid part of the costs of school herself. She also got a partial scholarship. So to her, she has ownership, even if it is just a small fraction.

Dan2112
10-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Hi everyone...

Liza.. The New Mexico Cavalry is coming! I just got back from seeing off 10 fire trucks and 40+ firefighters who are now headed your way. I've had a couple of requests to head out there too, but my schedule is such that I wouldn't be able to fulfill a two week committment.. If they're agreeable to let me come out just for a week, I may do so, but it doesn't look likely...

Felicia.. Too funny... We've all had days like that.. Take heart!!

NSV today... I was out at our fire mobilization center pretty early and it was cold.. And what goes better on a cold morning than a hot breakfast burrito.. But I reisisted the urge and in fact, grabbed a salad and a pint of strawberries from Wild Oats instead.. I've been a up a bit lately thanks to straying off the path, but I'm still below goal, so I'm ok for now...

bradleys mom
10-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Well No WI for me this morning. I have got a bad case of something. Its like allergies, and sinuses, and hot flashes.. Pre-flu maybe? Hope not, but I thought the scale was being a little harsh this morning so I went back to bed. I usually am at the COD when they first open at 9 but I was not feeling it today. So I am staying in until I have to go to school tonight.

Its finally raining here! Its rained the past 2 days and is supposed to continue til Saturday! Hip hip hoooray! I think last week VA was declared in a state of emergency due to the drought, so I started gettin' a little scared!

Speaking of school, I have to brag for a moment, (please excuse me), But I had a Lab Practical on Monday night which accounted for 25% of my Anatomy grade and I made a 94%! Thanks be to God! I was so excited!

Liza- You and everyone in that situation are in my prayers. I was watching Fox last night and they were showing the live feed of the fires and I was wishing I could just grab a water hose and spray it through the t.v.!!! I pray this weekend brings some rain and humidity for you all!

Hope everyone has a good day!

EmilyLashea
10-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Kimberly- What are you in school for, and how long do you have left? I was jumping up and down yesterday over a 93 on a Statistics2 test. Isn't it amazing how happy rain can make you? Alabama has been in the highest level of drought for months now and it rained for the past 2 days here too :)

EmilyLashea
10-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Quick Question- ...Does everyone that does WI do the recommended 3x a week? I only go once a week, and they are always on me about it but I can't make myself go to COD more than that, especially with the counselors that I have... :devil:

bradleys mom
10-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Emily - I am in Nursing, but right now I am taking Anatomy & Physiology, Psychology and Medical Terminology. I have got 2 years left, I just started in January. And I am so happy about the weather, I would go PLAY in the rain if I wasn't sick! lol My COD was so busy that they cut us down to 2 WI per week, which was FINE with me. Now I only go on Weds and Sat.

And NICOLE - My avatar is back, and I added a bigger more recent pic of my lil man on my profile!

Mama Nicole
10-24-2007, 05:28 PM
oh my goodness......that is one cute baby, Kimberly!!!!

KrispieD
10-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Nicole you are one to talk about cute babies!

I went shopping today after work and bought salmon, salad and veggies.. and bags of Halloween candy. they are safely ensconced in the closet.. thou shalt not touch! Hope to see the dang sclae move move move

Hope you are all having a good, on plan week. I'm on day 3 of being a VERY good girl.. whew.. body is starting to feel like mine again. Funny thing is my gain made me feel exactly like I did 60lbs ago.. YUCKY! A taste of the good life made me quick to get back on track! Looking forward to hearing about all our great successes this week.. we have one RE motivated vibe going on!

amylou7777
10-24-2007, 05:59 PM
A quick lunchtime checkin before I leave work for class!

Nicole-thank you so much for keeping me motivated. I have definitely cheated-but I am definitely in this for the long haul! Thanks for being the best cheerleader!

Liza- I wasn't sure how this compared to 2003 as far as homes lost. So glad to hear it is less and that the notifications are reaching people. That is great news. Hang in there-I'm sure you are runnin on empty about now.

Barbara- I say good for you and DH for being financially disciplined and being able to afford college. My parents did not put away for my education and unfortunately I insisted on going to a private school that was way too much money. Part of me wishes that my parents would have put their foot down and made me go to a public school. In the long run it was not worth the $$$$$$. BUT what's done is done and we both will be paying for it for a while. I kept my end of the bargain by getting into a good law school and am paying for that on my own. I promised them that I had a plan...and so far I've followed through! My hope is to be able to make thier retired lives very comfy as a way of saying thank you. Sounds like your DD is obviously on the fast tack-so it sounds like you've made a worthy investment!

ok---gotta get to class!!

Hope everyone has had a POP day!! We can do this!

BarbaraB
10-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Amy, I'm sure your folks had discussions with you about the costs, as I did with my DD. Well, only 2 years later and I think what I said sunk in somewhat. LOL.

I went and had lunch with my DD. We went to Olive Garden (I resisted the bread sticks). Anyway, that was my starches and fat for the day for sure. It sure was yummy though. We had a nice time and got her application to the new school all filled out.

I think I really may have to really do that plateau buster instead of just talk about doing it.

Kimberly, you sound very busy to take that many classes with a little one at home too. Congrats on the good grades in anatomy.

Kim0303
10-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Nicole, My DD is paying half of her tuition. She is working 20 hours a week and as far as I know she is doing well. She is a freshman. She is young. She was 17 the end of April and I was worried about. We are making her car payment, paying her insurance, and $155 a month for braces. Plus I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do in life and kept thinking one more degree would make me happy but it just got me deeper in dept. If I wanted the headaches, i could make double the money but not ready for that and a teenager. Anyway, I am still paying loans. I told her she was going to have to get a loan we couldn't do any more and she ask if we would pay half if she paid half. Thank God the college she is going to breaks it down into 3 payments each semester so it doesn't totally break the bank. I think she is working harder due to the fact she is paying but it could be her personality too. You can only do what you can do. My parents couldn't pay my way through when I was younger. She couldn't get the lottery scholarship because she didn't score enough on entrance exam. They wouldn't take her grades because her last 2 years were from a private school. That ticked me off. But after she completes one year of college they will take those grades so maybe then she will get some help. Got to go, hubby is getting ready to pick up someone at airport and can't find something.

amylou7777
10-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Congrats to Kimberly and Emily on your awesome grades!

and a big congrats to Barbara for resisting the breadsticks at OG! HUGE NSV!

Kim0303
10-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Yes, Kimberly and Emily congratulations!!! Kimberly I know it is hard with a young one. Congratulations ladies!!!! WOOO HOOO

amylou7777
10-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Oh! I forgot to ask..did anyone watch the biggest loser last night!!?? I was so angry!

KrispieD
10-24-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm almost threw my lemon water at that guy.. ALL the people that want on that show so badly and he sabotages.. and someone else tell me they felt SO sorry for Kim.. it was a cringe episode!

Lynx
10-24-2007, 09:12 PM
:rofl:Lemon water - not strong enough to fit that situation. How in the heck can someone gain 17 lbs? I know they said he drank a gallon or two of water, BUT what else did he do?

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

bradleys mom
10-24-2007, 09:14 PM
If he downed that 2 gallons right before the weigh in, then that is close to 16 lbs right? But you know I was thinking next weeks weigh in he is going to be down that much or more, so I'm sure Isabeau wont be too angry about it then when she is safe...

Oh and thanks for all the encouragement and congrats! :) It helps a whole lot!!! I think about those comments when Im trying to study, the baby is crying and DH is grouchy! lol

EmilyLashea
10-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks Amy and Kim!! :wave:

BarbaraB
10-24-2007, 09:33 PM
That whole thing was just not right. I do not understand why they didn't vote off the sabotager? Only one team voted for him. I don't know why anyone would switch over to be trained by Jillian, she frightens me a little bit. I guess that might really motivate me to not be yelled at by the scary trainer. I am not sure I like that Amy girl, she seems to be filmed crying in every episode and it is never her fault that she didn't lose weight (after she ate almost 2000 calories on that challenge when she had a lousy 9 for her card).

Mama Nicole
10-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Sorry girls.....don't watch the biggest loser. I tried one time, but I got bored.

I think my 12 yo DD is turning on me. You know that stage where all of a sudden they don't like you anymore, and pretty much think you a stupid in every way humanly possible? Man, I thought I might beable to skip over that with her, as we are two peas in a pod.......but outlook not so good. I hope this was just a bad couple of days for us and that tomorrow is better. Cross your fingers for me, ok?
XOXO

amylou7777
10-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Aww, that's tough Nicole. I don't have any kids yet-but I know that stage was very short lived between me and my mom-like maybe a couple months in 7th grade and I can remember one time when I was a soph in HS. So don't get too worried!

I was so outraged by TBL and then I started to think, was this a stunt by the producers of the show???? I've found this season a little boring. I've never watched every episode of a season before--so I've found myself fast forwarding the DVR to get to the w/i. So I started to wonder if they were trying to spice things up? It just seemed so out of nowhere?! And I felt the same way about the Amy/Jillian thing. Like they were trying to highlight the rivalry between those two trainers. I thought it made Kim look pretty bad.

But whatever it was it worked bc I was so into it by the time they got to the end. I just felt so bad for the guy who got kicked off bc of someone else's inconsideration. I'm definitely more into it now!

That show has also made me realize that it's so strange how people can weigh the same as you or less than you and looks SO different. I know height comes into play but it's just so interesting to see their numbers on the scale.

ok-dinner time, finally!

Yay for a POP day!

amylou7777
10-24-2007, 11:11 PM
LOVE the new av, Kimberly!!! YOU LOOK SO GREAT!

KSingleton
10-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Nicole-My DD is 14 and we are as you say "Two Peas in a Pod", and I have to say since she was about 11 or 12 we've had some days where she likes me and some days where she doesn't. She just came in here from the kitchen and gave me a big hug and said she loved me so I guess this is one of those days where she likes me!

Joni135
10-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Lynn - I'm going to check out Oliviassecret...I need something! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you have reason to be proud of your boys.

Emily - you are a ray of sunshine to this site...glad you found us.

Lettie - how did the interview go?

Felicia - I, too, like the pirate better than Jeff Gordon too. Your little boy is growing up way too fast! I wouldn't worry about today's gain...it will be gone.

Liza - thanks for the updates. What are longhorns???

Barbara - I taped the wrong show last night but caught the last 20 minutes of The Biggest Loser. I'm a little lost even after reading all about the show at this site: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/jez-luckett-seventh-contestant-cut-from-the-biggest-loser-5981.php

KimR - what a difference in your two pics. You are doing great. I don't see a pic of Bradley, though, in your avatar. Congrats on your great test score.

KrispieD
10-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Nicole you are my twin! I've had the same past 3 days with my 4 year old darling daughter.. (yes Aunt Joni it's true) I've been told "You are a mean mommy" "I don't like the tone in your voice" and "I don't like you" as well as she told Daddy "I don't want to live here" On the latter comment I went downstairs with a little bag and said are you sure you don't want to live here..Mommy and daddy love you, buy you food and clothes, cook for you , play with you.. when i still got a NO, I told her to pick the things she would like to take with her.. needless to say she stopped in her tracks. I think she must be an old soul as I expected this behaviour when she was maybe 9 or 10..NOT 4.
As for the 17lb weight gain on Biggest Loser.. I don't think it was the water.. I'm pretty sure the boy hit up Dairy Queen and tried several flavors of Blizzards!!

Mama Nicole
10-25-2007, 12:21 AM
Kristen.......I have just got to meet this little darling before she grows up. I tell you, girlls like her go places in life. Good for her........bad for you right now. Keep your chin up......she is just trying to learn how to express herself.....and with kids, it is always better (for them anyway) out than in. Also, keep in mind how VERY much she trusts and loves you to be so honest about how she feels :) That is a true compliment to your mothering!!!

Are you OP today? I am, I am......and I am sooo excited. I bet you are too! I am going to give you a premature WHOOHOOOO, and I might even shake a stick.......lol
XOXO

EmilyLashea
10-25-2007, 12:25 AM
Maybe I should start watching Biggest Loser, as I have no idea what you all are talking about.. I'm with you Nicole, I got bored with it the first time I tried and never watched again.

Amy- :cheer: for a POP day!

Lettie- How was the interview?

Joni- :thanks:

So.. I was POP all day until I left off my last protein and starch since I didn't get off work until 8:00. I was tempted to swing thru somewhere and pick something up but I resisted. I've seen where a lot of people drink lemon water. Is it strictly for the taste or does it do something amazing that I'm not aware of? :)

Good Night! :yawn:

KrispieD
10-25-2007, 12:25 AM
You can shake the woohoo stick at Jillian's bottom if she keeps it up. It is a full moon today.. someone else told me that about the trust.. she must really love you both to trust you so much to be like that.. BUT how is it love if she's hollering at us all the time?? :)
thank goodness dairy queen is closed.. and I was 100% on plan today.. i really think my body is in a state of detoxification.. I feel much better and i'm having a much better sleep! Let's go for day 4 tomorrow!!

EmilyLashea
10-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Yay Nicole!!! :cheer:

Mama Nicole
10-25-2007, 12:57 AM
You can shake the woohoo stick at Jillian's bottom if she keeps it up. It is a full moon today.. someone else told me that about the trust.. she must really love you both to trust you so much to be like that.. BUT how is it love if she's hollering at us all the time?? :)
thank goodness dairy queen is closed.. and I was 100% on plan today.. i really think my body is in a state of detoxification.. I feel much better and i'm having a much better sleep! Let's go for day 4 tomorrow!!
I hear you Kristen....don't you just want to respond like this to people like me, "well, why oh why must she trust/love me SO MUCH......" LOL. It sucks though. Ok, so I am not really the kind of parent that thinks there is one right way to raise a child, as each child is so very different. I have, however, found some wonderul methods and emotional support with toddlers and even my big kids by watching the supernanny. I don't watch it all the time (don't really even know if it is still on), but there have been many times that I have searched for it when I was feeling like I just couldn't control my 5 yo DS's outbursts. I like Jo because she highly respects children, AND demands their respect. That is a tough balancing act. Somedays, LIKE TODAY, when DS decided that he was NOT going to put his shirt on unless I put it on for him, I even go as far as pretending that Jo is here with me, coaching me not to let my anger make my decisions and to just wait for a few more minutes and he will stop. Isn't that silly???? But, it works!!!! I don't agree with everything Jo suggests, but I do love how the kids know what to expect and things are usually pretty consistent. Consistnecy is a good thing.....as long as it is effective. If it is not effective, then change is in order. Wow......thank you, Kristen.......I like myself so much better as a mom when I take the time to actually think about my parenting philosophy. You are the best!!! Hang in there........tomorrow will be a better day :)

Thanks Emily......every day makes us just a bit stronger :) It only takes 21 days to make a new habit......so I only have 18 more to go!!!! Oh, and hot lemon water is supposed to relieve one's body of extra sodium and water retention. It has other health benefits as well, but they escape me right now. If you are still awake, and hungry.......eat your exchanges. It is just as important to get all your food in as it is to not overeat. Skipping foods can stall you, or make it easier to get weak and chow down. :)

I have spent WAY too much time on here today.....I must go to bed now :)
XOXO

jean2299
10-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Kimberly,

Congrats on your good grade!! I have been a nurse for 8 years and am so glad that I went to nursing school, and stuck with it. It is hard (as you already know) but it is worth it. I am able to work part time and stay home with my kids and still make pretty good money. Plus, it is never boring!! Good luck to you!!

lizababe
10-25-2007, 01:57 AM
Hi Everyone!

Dan and Barbara - we welcome your teams down here and need them!

I'm heading to bed.. I'm not a firefighter but my hours during this time aren't much different.

Joni - These are longhorns. THE longhorns that were still sitting there this morning after having fire rush past them twice. They're still not out of danger as that fire keeps back tracking. *sigh* And Dan... JZ helped us out by broadcasting from the driveway of the house all afternoon so as long as he was still there, we knew the house was too.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lizababe/ballsy.jpg

bayoubelle68
10-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Well, the Jeff Gordon costume came and it doesn't fit! It fits in the legs, the butt, the belly, etc, but DS is SOOOO long-waisted that it won't come up over his shoulders. It's a jumpsuit like the racecar drivers wear when driving. So DS is getting his wish and he's going to be a vampire. I really didn't want him to be anything scary yet, but desperate times call for desperate measures!!

SpringManor
10-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Good Morning everyone, well I am on day three of take off. Will be glad when I start the red plan tomorrow. I feel like I have lost, I will weigh myself tuesday. I try to hold off to only once a week, because those scales can be intimidating.

I also watch biggest loser. I was pissed off that they can throw the scales that way. How did he do that? Line inside his clothes with weight? How can you gain 17 pounds in one week? Enough of that dumb show.

Well, gotta run, hope everyone has a POP today.

Lorrie Spaans

EmilyLashea
10-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Just a morning check-in before I head out for my hour drive to class! :devil:

Nicole- I'm sure I could do lemon water, but HOT lemon water? I have a hard enough time getting my water in when it's ice cold.. and usually still do not get the 64oz. I just do not like it!

Liza- You are in my prayers! I am in a firefighting family and know how tough it can be when you don't know what will happen next.

Felicia- So sorry DS's costume didn't fit! I'm sure it was precious!

Everyone else- :goodluck: with a POP day!!

I'm off to class! :dizzy:

Dan2112
10-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Morning gang..

Another day of craziness for me around the office.. Woo Hoo..

Emily - Three times a week is the norm and also REALLY helps keep you focused. Our COD understood that sometimes you couldn't make it all three times, but if you missed too many, they started to get on you for it.. Honestly, I was appreciative of the accountability..

Liza.. Keep up the good work out there.. And tell Jeff to keep his head down and out of trouble.. Our New Mexico teams should be out there and working by now.. Might make a good story (hint hint)...

lizababe
10-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Haha Dan - I JUST said on the air that we have extra help and that I know crews from New Mexico and Oregon are here now!!! Thanks for the material!

Mama Nicole
10-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey Lettie........you are killing us......how was the interview? Did you end up going? I am dying to know :)

What ever happened to Angie? I miss my poop story sharing buddy!!!

And what about the Wendy's? For a while, we had a few........now NONE? Not cool.

bayoubelle68
10-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Emily - I know - I'm the same way about the lemon water, but you need it hot because the effect comes from the oil in the lemon rind. I cut the lemon in half and squeeze it into a coffee cup. Then I add water and microwave it for about 1 minute. The heat makes the oil come out and infuse the water with diuretic. I add a couple of packets of Splenda and sip it warm.

healthy2b
10-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Caught the last 20 min of TBL....I couldn't believe they didn't vote him off---I guess his other Blue Team memebers were able to sway the vote....I really felt bad for the guy that did get voted off:(

Nicoleand Kristen - having raised three girls I understand your pain!!! Their emotional roller coasters make life very challenging sometimes - hang in there because as you probably already know, things will turn soon:) My son seems to be so much easier .....but then on the other hand....he was difficult in other areas so I guess it all evens out...male or female...just be patient.

Liza- glad to hear your still hanging in there - hopefully it will get better soon!

I'm down another 2 lbs....whoo hoo....I was stuck for so along I didn't think that things would ever start to move along.....I'd better not talk to much about it or I might jinx myself and get stuck again. I can't wait to see the 170's, haven't been there in years! DS and his girlfriend of 7 and a half years broke up last week. DH and I saw it coming, he broke up with her first and then they got back together and the next week she broke up with him. They are both freshmen in college(attend the same college two hours away from home). I think the break up is a good thing since they have been together since they were in the 5th grade...they need to experience life. They are both going through a lot of changes. He knows in the end it will all work out like it is meant to be but that doesn't make it any easier. DS seems to be a little depressed about it but he is coming home for the weekend and I will be glad to be able to spend some time with him.

emmysmom
10-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Note to self...don't get on these boards until I watch TBL. I normally have to DVR it and I've only watched the first 30 minutes so far. That's okay...even though I know how it's going to end, I still enjoy the show. I can't believe some of you find it boring! I am so totally hooked on it! And has anyone seen the show on CMT - I want to be a High School Cheerleader Again? It's definitely not as good as the TBL (in my opinion), but I use these types of shows for motivation.

So I'm thinking...I have approx. 10 pounds to go. My WL has kinda stalled for the past week and a half. I've been up and down within 3 pounds. I have been exercising less. I was up to 2 miles/day, but I think that was too much for my body. As much as I enjoy it, my hip and knee were starting to hurt, so I figured I better back off a little. So I'm sure that is contributing to my stall. But since I'm not going to exercise as much, I think I'm going to drop down a plan. I don't do the lites, so green is out, which would mean I should be on Gold w/o lites, right? What do you all think?

Last winter, I bought a Fluidity bar and loved it!!! I stopped doing it once I started walking/running. Since my joints are getting sore from the running and it's starting to get colder, I pulled out the bar last night. I'm telling you guys, 30 minutes of it is an awesome workout. DD likes to do it with me and she kept saying, "Mommy, are you sweating yet?"...she keeps me on my toes :)

zambejaly5
10-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Good Morning.

thanks for the luck sent my way for the interview. I'll tell ya Nicole, but the time I was sitting in the interview chair, with all 5 interviewers circling around me, my insides were screaming "WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING HERE!" I have a 7 year old at home, that when I am out for an evening still needs alot of snuggles to make up for that lost time. Monday and Tuesday I decided to tackle the girls (10yo-dd and 7 yo-dd) room. it had been long enough without seeing thier floor. I did it like they do on the show on TLC, where they just pull everything out of the room sort it, get rid of a bunch and put it back in an orderly fashion....... ahhhh, it took two solid days and there is still a few things I need to put somewhere, but it is so nice to finally have a clean room in there. and everything is sorted and has a place now, so the girls can put things away. So I am looking around the house and thinking. all my rooms need decluttered like that, especially the other kid bedrooms......if I am working when am I going to do that? when am I going to cook supper for my kids, who have come to expect a home cooked meal. when they go away to camp, or on a trip with their youth group, the first thing they say is "whats for dinner? I missed your food" and every night around 9:30. my body screams "GO TO BED!!!" How would I work all night? and when I did, how would I function the next day and get everything done for my family. I finally realized that in looking for work outside the home, I look for something that will fit in around everything else I already do. unlike most working people who work and then figure out when they are going to get things done at home. They told me they were interviewing 5 people for one postion. and they would have an answer last night. they did call me, but I was in the chiropracters and my phone was in the car. I tried to call them back but they didn't answer thier phone. I am pretty sure that they were just calling to tell me I did not get the job. which at this point is fine with me. we had a bit of an issues over hours. they said nobody gets seniority for the first 2 years. and I would have to work any and all shifts. day or night 7 days a week. I told them that my family keeps the Seventh Day Sabbath..... we believe in honoring God, from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday night. and that, that is how I am raising my kids. and that some of my kids are too young for me to say to them, you have to honor the Sabbath, but I don't. I am going to work. I told them that not only that, but as a family we need to spend Sabbath together. 6 six days a week we work, go to school, run around like chickens with our heads cut off, but when Sabbath rolls around we unite as a family, shut out most worldly things and spend time together, and with God. and I would not compromise that. they said they admired my convictions, but......... so that is where we left it. I also told them that my son had a similar situation this week, he went to his orchestra conductor about the trip this april to Carnegie Hall in NYC and told him that he would not be at the practice on Saturday morning, the concert itself is on sunday, with dress rehearsal on sunday morning. that we would be flying out and would spend Sabbath with him and return him to the group after sundown. (btw, I left this decision up to my son, he is 17 1/2 and I told him it was his call not mine. ) but the conductor told him that saturday morning practice was mandidtory. So my son told him he would not go at all then. (which on a side note....... the orchestra conductor also believes in the Sabbath with his religion. he also worships from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown. but only when it is convienent.) Anyway.... blah, blah, blah... sorry, this is getting long...... so I told them at the interview that I could not then turn to my son and say, that if fine for you to stand up for your beliefs, but I will not. So I told them I would not compromise. I am willing to give them 6 days but not 7. and even at that. with 5 kids. that is really too much to be willing to give them anyway.

But it is ok. this morning, I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone fixing what ever mess my husband caused yesterday with the internet connection. got his computer up and running. I am going to clean the house. do some laundry, and I think bake some bread and possibly even a pie. I am going to get our camper packed to go to our church campout this weekend. and I am going to relish in the fact that I got 8+ hours of sleep last night and I am here to care for my family.

On the diet front, everything is good and running smooth, been having trouble getting my water in, it is cold now and I would rather drink hot coffee!

I better get to my list.

Dan2112
10-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Haha Dan - I JUST said on the air that we have extra help and that I know crews from New Mexico and Oregon are here now!!! Thanks for the material!

That rocks!! Thanks..

Please let me know if our teams get any additional coverage (if you have time to let me know)... I need to keep track of any coverage they get for the governor's office. So as a result, I've been scanning CA news sites looking for mentions.. I'm also available for phoners if y'all want detailed information about the teams! :lol:

Thanks again, Liza!!

BarbaraB
10-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Kristen, at 4, my DD wanted me to divorce her dad so she could get a step dad, since step dad's took you to chuckee cheese. I decided it was easier to just take her to chuckee cheese though. My DH was not amused that she was more in love with the big rat (our name for Chuckee) than him.

Nicole, I found it hard to accept that the child who thought you were the most beautiful intelligent wonderful person in the world suddenly thinks you are the most hideous hag ever born and stupid on top of it all. I suppose it is how we form our own identity separate from our mothers, so one who is two peas in a pod might have more need to create that separation. Kids do bring out the nastiness with those who make them feel safe to do that, so if they are letting all that loose on you, then you are their safe person. Small comfort when they have hurt your feelings though.

Emily, Hot Lemon Water is a definite acquired taste. I've come to really like it. I don't think it hurts to brew tea in there with it if you need some help getting it down. Hot green tea with lemon works well for me too (green tea also can help you cleanse your body and have a lower weigh in the next day). I don't think there is a limit to how much green tea you can drink on plan. At least one counselor told me to have as much as I wanted of it, as long as I still got my water in too. Well, it doesn't have to be hot either, I drank unsweetened green iced tea at starbucks all summer. That way I got to go with the people in my office who walk down to starbucks every day, but not feel guilty about it.

bayoubelle68
10-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Barbara - I never thought about brewing it in my tea! What a great idea!

I am SO tired. DD got into our bed at 3:30 and she has a cold. She would cough now and then and start to cry and say her throat hurt, bless her heart. She doesn't have fever, just a nasty cold. DS is coughing a little at night, too, as is DH and I've been stuffy, so I guess our whole family has some sort of plague!!! I just hope it passes soon! One of my co-workers (who is a grandmother) said, "I used to stay up all night with my kids and still go to work the next day. I don't know why you look so exhausted! That's part of being a mom!" I didn't slap her, but I reminded her that she was 20 at the time and I'm nearly 40 - BIG difference!!!

Lynx
10-25-2007, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=emmysmom;1905557]
So I'm thinking...I have approx. 10 pounds to go. My WL has kinda stalled for the past week and a half. I've been up and down within 3 pounds. I have been exercising less. I was up to 2 miles/day, but I think that was too much for my body. As much as I enjoy it, my hip and knee were starting to hurt, so I figured I better back off a little. So I'm sure that is contributing to my stall. But since I'm not going to exercise as much, I think I'm going to drop down a plan. I don't do the lites, so green is out, which would mean I should be on Gold w/o lites, right? What do you all think?

Hi Tina,
You have been on purple, but I agree that you probably need to go to gold since you are not doing lites.

Take care,

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

bradleys mom
10-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Wow you gals (and guy) are chatty today! Thanks for all the nice comments. I really needed them!! :)

I wasnt thinking and took Bradley off after I told ya'll to look at him :S, but I will put him back tonight when I get home. (Im at work, with a sinus infection, couldnt get a hold of anybody last night to work for me, arghh...)

But another comment about TBL, I was reading Isabeau's blog on myspace and something she said made me think the producers were clueless too, they implemented a new rule, called Neil's Rule, and if anyone loads on up H20 again to sabotage a weigh in, they will be automatically disqualified. But hey Im sure the drama helped the ratings...

Oh btw do 6 or 7 starburst candies count against my POP day?? I brought candy a couple of weeks ago for my coworkers and they keep refilling the jar! lol

emmysmom
10-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Drama...I'll say it was drama! I was right there with Kristen, wanting to throw my lemon water at the tv. BTW...I got to watch the rest of the show over my lunch break. Unbelievable! Shame on Neil!

Thanks Lynn...I needed another opinion :hug:

Felicia - Green tea! Totally forgot about that. I'm going to brew a cup right now (well, as soon as I'm done typing :))

Lettie - :bravo: to you for standing up for what you believe in! :cp::cheer: As I was reading your post, I kept thinking "Good for her" "Way to go"! You should feel very proud of yourself and I am sure that your family is also very proud of you. I so wish that I could be a SAHM, but once you get used to being a 2-income family, it's really hard to make that switch.

emmysmom
10-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Oh, and Kimberly - you look great!

Mama Nicole
10-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Felicia...........I so hear you about being an older mom. I DID have babies when I was 20.......and I could go go go.........and I still have babies and I am 37........and they plum wear me out :) I about died laughing about your comment, "I didn't slap her in the face......." Thanks, I needed the laugh. I just left 5yo DS at school, crying his eyes out, and physically trying to pry himself out of his teachers arms and back with me. We had kind of a rough getting ready period......he wouldn't look for his shoes, didn't want to eat lunch, yada yada yada.........and then I yelled at him (which is always so effective), so he was teary...........and as soon as we got to the doors of the school, he pretty much melted down. He buried his face in my "soft tummy," and wouldn't let go of me. I gave his teacher the option of me taking him home or them keeping him, and she told me to leave him. She also mentioned to me that he is a bit insecure. That made me happy. NOT. I am sure he is a bit insecure, but this is also the first time he has ever been away from home........and he has done just fine every day except the first day. He is fighting an ear infection, but has no fever or pain, just drainage. I think he is just tired or something because of that. Anyway, teacher said she would call me and let me know how he is........and I am patiently, or not so patiently, waiting for her call..........

Lettie.........so proud of you for sticking to your guns. Nothing in this world brings you more pride than caring for you family. That is what you were born to do. You have plenty of time to take on a job when they are all grown......unless of course you are blessed with a lot of grandchildren......and then you will be too busy with them to work outside of your home. I totally understand what you just went through.......it's like you just have to reassure yourself that you are doing the best thing for you and your family every now and then. You will not regret your decision :) Now, I just hope for you that they don't call you later and offer you the job........lol.

Tina.......gold w/o lites looks like so little food to me......but if you can do it....go for it :) There is always the possibility that your body is very happy and healthy at your current weight.......but you never know. Remember how hard Evette had to work for her last 5-10 lbs.

Kimberly..........what a dramatic difference between your photos. You look just wondeful and pretty, and happy :) WTG!!!

Ok, DS has been at school for 45 min and no call yet........no news is good new, right? I am giving them 13 more minutes, and then I will call them. I don't want to be a pain in the butt, but he was really upset and I need to know he is ok :)
XOXO

Joni135
10-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Awesome post Lettie....you've obviously got your current job under control in a very, very good way....(you do, too, Nicole and Kristen and Felicia and Tina...and..)

I'm exhausted from reading all the mom posts. I need a nap!

Nicole - I loved watching Super Nanny and applied some of her techniques to my dog...consistency works for all things.....boy, maybe it could even help my dieting!!

Kristen - do I need to send driving directions for Jillian (or is it Jaimie) to get to Aunt Joni's house with her little packed suitcase?

slim n trim
10-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

Its been a while since i have posted. Sorry, been busy, but I have been lurking a little bit, and wow, has there been a lot going on, and I have been sick with the flu.

congrats to all the losers ..... looks like there is a lot of you.

welcome Emily, and another newbies. This is a great site. You will love it here.

Kristen, as always, your stories make me laugh. I can just picture your precious little 4 y/o saying she wants to move out. I can see my 4/0 granddaughter saying the same thing. The other day they were over for supper, and I had asked my son to get the booster seat out of the closet for her. Well, she freaked out that she is not a baby, and she was not going to sit in it, ok - this is fine. But, her baby doll had to sit in it, and it had to be next to her, and we had to rearrange the entire seating at the table to make room for the doll. They grow up so fast. It just amazes me some times.

Joni, I saw a post you mentioning Olivias secret, I didn't see where it had been spoken about before, but, I have a girl friend who swears by the stuff.

Kim - congrats on your son's wedding. They are a very nice looking couple. Hard to believe your baby's married eh.

Lettie, the right job will come along for you. Hang in there.

I actually just got a new job, and I am loving it. I went for an interview a few weeks ago, for a job that was 4 days a week from mid Oct to mid May. I thought this would be perfect - as I love my summers to be able to do what I want. I didn't get that job. They totally made me think I was going to get it, and then they called me and said it had come down to me and one other, and although I have 20 years of customer service exp and knew the computers - the other person had done a similar job. Anyway, I was disappointed with that. however, last week I applied for a part time job at a Dr office. He is a specialist, and only does appts 3 days a week. If he isn't in the office, I don't have to be either. When he takes holidays, I get holidays. Every weekend is 4 days long. I am absolutely loving it. Today, he was sick so I didn't have to work this aft, and I was like, but I wanted to come to work this aft. Anyway, I am enjoying this a lot more than I think I would have the other job, so hang in there - the right one is coming your way.

anyway, it was good chatting with everyone again, and I will try not to let so much time go by before posting again. Just like I am trying to still lose the last few pounds. I have been doing that for like 4 months. I am just stuck, but at least I am not gaining.

take care everyone.

Kim0303
10-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Carrie, Sorry to hear about the 7 1/2 year break up. WOW that is a long time for kids. Almost half their life. AT least a third. Yes they need to experience llife. After that if they were meant to be they can get back together. My niece broke up with her husband. Didn't know he had just purchased her a beautiful ring and no one told her. He showed it to her parents and ask permission to marry her and she broke up with him. She had been out of town on a mission trip and didn't know about the ring. Anyway, even after the breakup, no one told her about the ring. Several months later they got back together and have been married now for 3 years. I still think they got married to young. Met in college and got married a month after she graduate.
Anyway, it just breaks your heart when you know they are hurting and there is nothing you can do. Now my dd i have to love on her and tickle and back rubs and all that girly stuff and she is only 17. I don't know what to do for boys. I know you will enjoy just getting to see him. HOpe he can have a good time while he is home. Wow that is a long time.

Kim0303
10-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Felicia, I know what you mean about taking care of kids and the age thing. I had DD when I was 28 and my husband was 38. When I hit 38, I said I am exhausted. How in the world did you get up all during the night helping me when she was a baby??? He said well I am glad you know now how I felt, now just wait until you are 48. Bless his heart, I don't know how he did it. He is a very involved dad and helped me a lot. I worked out of our home until I went back to college. DD never slept either!!! I have a niece and her kids are down at 7 and don't get up till 7 the next morning and take two naps during the day. I said I might have had another child if Kacie had done that.

nighthawk
10-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Holy Smokes this is a fast moving thread my head is spinning I can see I will have to be a little more dilligent checking in if I want to keep up.
Good news on the weigh in front yesterday I was down another 1.6 for a 1week total of 7.2 I am having a little trouble getting in all the food but I'm working on it.

Liza: I saw on the news that they have taken one of the Martin Mars water bombers out of winter storage to send down to the fires, they carry enough water to cover 4 acres. As well there are a bunch of Canadian firefighters coming. We had firestorms here in 2003 with evacuations and loss of homes I am overjoyed to see, on CNN, that things are slowly coming under control there. Stay safe!
Lori

amylou7777
10-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Kimberley-how did you find Isabeau's blog? I can't find one. I'd love to read the scoop.

Tina- I totally vote for gold. I'm sure that little push would get you to your goal so fast and then you can get on that stabalization. Congrats on your success!!

Congrats on your loss Lori!

Joni135
10-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Lynn - thanks for the PM about the Olivia's Secret on sale at Amazon. I just ordered a bottle and hope it does the trick!

Gotta go shampoo some carpets before Grey's Anatomy. Night all!

EmilyLashea
10-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Felicia and Barbara- I will have to try the hot tea.

Carrie- I can't even imagine what DS is going thru! I am 20 and have been with DBf since I was 14... 6 years in December. :love:

Emmysmom- (sorry, haven't caught the name yet..)- Fluidity bar? Tell me all about this! :)

Lettie- I am so proud of you for having your priorities in order and standing up for what you believe!! It is so hard to do sometimes...

Karen- :thanks: for the welcome!!

Everyone else- Have a great night! :wave:

WI in the morning.. Wish me luck! :D

Joni135
10-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Good luck at tomorrow's weigh in, Emily...
and Emmysmom is Tina.......

Mama Nicole
10-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Done with the rug shampooing already? :lol: If I were a betting woman............

Mama Nicole
10-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Hey Kristen..........are you making it through day 4? So far, so good for me. I am having a bit of trouble with variety.......but I am OP :)

Joni........it's not too late to join us in staying OP. No major strictness, just having POP and OP days. c'mon........what do you say?

zambejaly5
10-25-2007, 09:49 PM
nicole, i googled you to find your website. (duh, at the bottom of your postings! ) anyway, .....found you....... hee hee

http://www.upbc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=73

bayoubelle68
10-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Whew! Both kids are in bed. DD is so pitiful with her cold. She doesn't have fever, just lots of snot! She was actually ready to go to bed for once! DH has gone over to work in our old house a little and I was thinking that I could actually go take a bubble bath and get into bed early. Then I remembered that I promised my class my famous chocolate chip pumpkin muffins as their Friday treat. I'll be baking for a little while, I guess. A friend of mine also just called to ask if her daughter who's in DS's class - and they've been buddies since birth - could ride to school with us in the morning. She said she has to leave super early in the morning for an out-of-town meeting and didn't know what to do with her daughter. I told her to bring her here in the morning. When I told DS, his eyes just lit up. At least he'll be easier to get out of bed than usual! But it does mean that I have to go and clean out my Expedition or we may actually lose his friend in there on the way to school!! I'd better go get baking and cleaning! Have a great evening!

BarbaraB
10-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Felicia, I love the pumkin ticker. Honestly the pumpkin pie ones just make me want pie!

Carrie, wow, you are suddenly just marching regularly down the ticker! You go girl. My DD broke up with her bf of 4 years last march, and I think he took it much worse than she did. It is funny that they didn't talk for months afterwards after being joined at the hip and inseparable for years (I still miss him as he was always at our house and we even took him on a couple of vacations with us). Now they are back talking to each other. She claimed that he provoked "DRAMAFEST 2007" during the breakup with overwrought meetings to exchange whatever they might have that belonged to the other, etc. So Carrie, I feel for you if you are the mother of a guy having the dramafest....

Mama Nicole
10-26-2007, 12:22 AM
nicole, i googled you to find your website. (duh, at the bottom of your postings! ) anyway, .....found you....... hee hee

http://www.upbc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=73

dang........I am one hot mama :) :lol: and very well educated :)

SpringManor
10-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Morning everyone,

I made it thru take off, and now I am starting the Red Plan with lites. I am using the luna bars and those shakes I ordered. I get sick of chicken fast so if anyone has any tips, please pass along to me.

Nicole, how did your muffins turn out? Yummy

I am glad I am past all those teenage years with my daughter. I remember though what it was like, so my sympathies to all.... Now, I just take care of my dogs and am trying to lose this weight for our national in March. I go to dog shows and am active in the breed clubs...collies

Hope everyone has a good day, I better get to work.

bradleys mom
10-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Kimberley-how did you find Isabeau's blog? I can't find one. I'd love to read the scoop.

Amy- Its at,

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=14953421&MyToken=a13aef76-e41d-4d8a-90ef-69f73eb73e26

You may have to add her as a friend on myspace in order to read it.

OH And P.S. Dont have a heartattack when you see her, she is gorgeous!!! Also you have to look at B.'s from the black team ( http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=75377385) he looks like a different person. They are both singers now.

Mama Nicole
10-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Good morning everyone!
TGIF!!!
I am stating my weekend goal of losing 0.2 lbs. Having a weekend goal has helped me stay POP before, and it is going to once again!!!

Ok, now that that is out of the way, I just wanted to say that I am out of ticker denial, and I am finally admitting, publicly, that before this week, I had not done so well for about a month.....I guess whenever it was that I left for Germany. That is over now........and I plan on getting to goal on or around May Day. Each day is new......each day we get the opportunity to care for our bodies in the best possible way. Isn't that encouraging? Yesterday is done and gone...........so start fresh today :)

Kristen........you out there girlie? Today is day 5. I am counting on you to hang tough with me through this weekend.

Ok, boys are having WWF in their room, so I must go check it out. I'll be back......
XOXO

Mama Nicole
10-26-2007, 10:50 AM
P.S. Lorrie..........didn't make any muffins.......you must have me confused with someone else. :)

KrispieD
10-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Hello Hello
Well I have to report and hope with out jinxing myself that I had a wonderful day with Jillian yesterday. Our sitter plans fell through last minute so once I wrapped up my work we met a friend at a play place, came home and they got some computer time with Daddy and then I took Jilly to her Irish dance class and Daddy took Jaimie to ballet. She was so good yesterday and we heaped the praise on her at bedtime. I bought a CD of Paul Potts who if anyone doesn't know won the Bristish Idol competition.. he was a regular worker at a factory and had always wanted to sing opera his whole life. Well he won and has a voice that made me cry the first time I heard him sing. I played it on the way to dance class to try and get us switched off Wheels on the Bus and Jilly said wow mommy he is singing with his WHOLE heart.. then she fell asleep. After dance class we saw a sunset and a full moon so it was a great and much needed by mommy day. I did see a full moon and the last time we had 3 really hard days with Jilly we saw a full moon too. is there any chance that lunar cycles can affect our kids??
I got to go out for a few hours with some other moms I know, no kids and they picked a new restaurant. Well in the middle of it is the largest dessert bar I have EVER seen.. 9 women around me had huge slabs of cheesecake, caramel crunch, toffee apple pie etc... I ordered a shrimp salad and a non fat latte....so Nicole.. I DID IT! I was very proud of myself!!
I'm off to teach two signing workshops so will check in later but I feel so much better today.. scale is moving where it should.
I've attached the youtube link to Paul Potts..have a listen and enjoy some really great feel good music..this man had a dream and made it a reality..just like all of us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxTy7KIAaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Pv-0vpxSc

Dan2112
10-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Morning all!

Yay! It's Friday... After the busy week I've had, I'm glad it's almost over...

Lorrie... Chicken doesn't have to be boring.. There are lots of recipies out there.. Just be as creative as you can.. And don't limit yourself to chicken.. There's turkey too! :lol:

Seriously though... You have to learn to eat new things in new ways... And learn to eat some things you've never been fond of.. I HATE FISH... Literally can't stand it.. BUT, I've been able to manage that hatred and have learned to make it in ways I can enjoy it. Well.. Perhaps "enjoy" is too strong a word, but at least I can tolerate it now without making a face every time I put it in my mouth...

Plus, don't deprive yourself of things like beef and pork.. Just make good choices with the cuts you use and always stick to the proper proportions. It's also very easy to assume you can buy the prepared or pre-marinated meats, but don't forget they are stuffed with salt and other icky things... The slow cooker and salt free spice rack are your friends!!

Mama Nicole
10-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Oh, Kristen.......he made me cry..........

healthy2b
10-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Good morning all.....

New avatar is of my new grandson....he is soooo precious!

Karen-Congrats on the new job-it sounds perfect. One of these days, when my kids all get out of college, I'd like a job like that!

Lettie - Karen is right....there will be plenty of time to work and if you can stay at home with your kids right now ....DO IT! I stayed home with my kids when they where young and had to make lots and lots of sacrifices to do so but it was well worth it. When the time is right you will know it and the right job will come around and you'll feel good about it.

Joni - I guess I missed it....what is Olivias Secret? I am so impressed - shampooing rugs after a long day at work - I never have that much energy left at the end of the day.

Kim03-DS and I were talking about those break-up and later make-up stories like your neice last night....He's doing fine but I can tell he still is struggling with it a bit....time will tell....His girlfriend was like one of my kids since she has been around for so long....took trips with us, spent Holidays with us etc..., we'll miss her because we will always love her. DS told me last night that it really makes it hard when we talk to her so we are going to have to make an effort to be sensitive to his feelings....I don't want to cut her out but find a way to work this out for the whole family....it's going to be a sticky situation because she is very close to my daughters also.....really sad situation:(

Lori - Great Loss!! WTG!!

Emily - I'm a little late to wish you good luck with your WI - hopefully it went well:)

Nicole - I'm really late with this but I was eading back about your situation with DF (dear friend), OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I hope everything has worked out!

Felicia - hope DD feels better soon - You are such a good teacher and your students are really lucky to have you!

Barbara - Thanks...I haven't really changed things much except exercising less -I think I was in the gym too much - as weird as that sounds - it seems to be working for me.

Hi Amylou, Liza, Dan, Liz, Tina and anyone else I left out....Good Friday to everyone!

I need to go WI this morning but I'm feeling a little bloated so I'm scared to go. I will make myself go anyway and see what happens.

SpringManor
10-26-2007, 11:31 AM
I can't stand fish either, but thanks for the pointers, I will try and be more creative in my choices.

Nicole, sorry about the muffins, I got you mixed up with Felicia. I love your posts though Nicole, you keep our spirits up.

healthy2b
10-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Kristen - WOW!!!! he is so talented....I'm sitting in my office with tears in my eyes and everyone who walks by my door is wondering what is going on......great voice!!!!!

emmysmom
10-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Awwww, Carrie he's beautiful!!!

I need to go check out that youtube video...

healthy2b
10-26-2007, 12:09 PM
I put a neat picture of Landon (DGS) and POPs'(grandpa) finger on my profile. Landon was one day old. Can you tell I'm a proud Grandma...ha...ha!

bayoubelle68
10-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Lorrie - the muffins were a big hit with the kids in my class! I even ran to the teachers' lounge and heated them in the microwave so they were warm. The recipe is easy and makes a ton of muffins (36), so there were enough for my whole class and for my own children to have them for breakfast today and over the weekend.

It's a recipe I developed a few years ago and my kids and I make them every year on Christmas Eve so they call them "Christmas Morning Muffins." We make several batches, bag them in dozens, and go and leave bags - along with little tubs of homemade honey butter - on our friends' doorsteps on the evening of Christmas Eve. That way, they can enjoy Christmas morning without worrying about cooking breakfast!

MomOfThreeTeens
10-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Good Friday morning everybody!!!

Carrie-Your new grandson is beautiful! I love babies!

Why do there have to be situations every freaking weekend that test our will power? LOL Last weekend was the wedding and tonight is my class reunion!
I'm really looking forward to going!! I have NO idea what I'm going to wear. We're having dinner then leaving from there to go to the Football Homecoming so I dont want to be dressed up to go sit in the bleachers! Any suggestions???
If this had happened last fall, 70 pounds heavier, I'm not sure I would have even gone! Just pray that I survive the food, I'm just now recovering from all the treats from the wedding last week! I'm going to have to throw out the rest of the wedding cake or I'm going to be a blimp! LOL Its red velvet with cream cheese icing and it calls my name every time I walk in the kitchen! UGH!! OH and theres a whole cheesecake in the fridge from the rehearsal dinner! I havent been brave enough to change my ticker but my scale sure doesnt say 157 :::sighing:::

Hope everybody has an amazing weekend!!!!

chiquita623
10-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Ok Fellow Losers. I need expert opinions here. I've been stuck at 171 for a couple of month or more. I'm only 11 pounds away from goal. I was on gold w/llites. When I went to the COD on Monday, the counselor told me that since I'm only 10 pounds from goal and I've been stuck for so long that I should move to green. She gave me the green plan and diary, the whole shebang. When I went to WI yesterday, I got a different counselor (the head cheese so to speak) and she said that I absolutely should not and cannot be on the green because it is not enough calories. But she didn't tell me to go back to gold either and she didn't take my green stuff away from me either. And I was down .6 which is a big loss for me lately. So, what should I do? Does anyone know the approximate calories in the green plan and the gold plan? Just wondering if anyone else has had this dilema of 2 different counselors telling you to do different things.

This is longer than I intended and I didn't get a chance to do any personals. Hope everyone has a POP weekend and I'll try to get back on here more next week. I miss chatting with everyone!! :hug:

LizzyW
10-26-2007, 01:21 PM
GM all,

I am so glad it is Friday. What a week!! Phewww!! Well I am still at 166, so I am proud of myself. May be I should stay on the plateau breaker until I lose the rest of my weight. This is my last day today then the weekend hits where all eating seems to go out the door. Maybe I will do the plateau breaker during the weeks and regular plan during the weekend. LOL

Glad to see so many loser out there. I must get some work done and then I am meeting a friend for lunch. Talk to you all later.

Liz

slim n trim
10-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Carrie, your grandson is adorable.
I am looking forward to going to Calgary on Sunday to see my grandson. He is a month old, and we haven't seen him since the day he was born. I have had the flu, and didn't want to give it to the baby or dd - so we have been staying away.
I love babies, and I am missing out on cuddles and kisses with him.
Have a great day everyone.

MomOfThreeTeens
10-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Laurie-I'm not sure about calories/servings on Gold Vs. green. I was told that I wouldnt move to Green until I reached 134. That aint gonna ever happen! LOL I stayed on Gold until I reached my goal. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!!!

bayoubelle68
10-26-2007, 01:34 PM
OMGoodness! My classroom stinks SO bad! One of my kids wore a coat today that came straight out of mothballs. His mom didn't air it out at all! It's so bad, my eyes keep watering! The kids are in PE right now and I have the outside door of my classroom open trying to rid the room of the smell - at least temporarily. I started to put his coat outside, but I don't want to hurt his feelings. The other kids were making a big deal out of it this morning after he left his coat in the room and went to breakfast. I had to tell them a bunch of junk about how that smell actually meant that his coat was clean and had been taken good care of during the summer. As much as it stinks, I do NOT allow students to pick on each other. Four of my little freaks have actually said how good they think it smells - and I forced a smile and said, "Me, too!" Who knows? Maybe it will clear up my sinuses!!

chiquita623
10-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Thanks Kim. The only difference between Gold and Green is you lose 1 vege and 1 fruit. I've been following Green since Monday and really haven't felt hungry on it. The second counselor also told me that if I stayed on Green that I would lose the weight fast but would gain it all back when I go on stabilization and maintenance. Maybe I'll just stick with gold and tough it out. Guess I'm just frustrated at not losing and they keep telling me I need to buy more weeks. I think not. Believe me, they've made plenty off of me!! Maybe I'll do the plateau buster next week and see how that goes. Thanks again.

Kimphin
10-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Hi all! Happy Friday! I’m watching my 13yo neice this weekend, it’s my sis’s 25th anny and they are going to Lake Placid. It should be a price of cake weekend, she’s really independent, plus she has play practice all day tomorrow. But, this means no golf this weekend. Sniff, sniff.

After one solid month of going to the gym 4x/week, today I finally noticed results (other than not being able to walk or reach for things without pain!). Monday we did these ‘curtsey squats’ and by Tuesday afternoon I was in serious distress. I had to do this sliding/rolling motion just to get in and out of the car. Graceful? NOT! Even the class instructor was complaining that her A$$ hurt, and she’s like the size of my femur.

Barbara – yeah, I’m a CPA. I worked for a CPA firm for a while, but it’s not for me. Now I am a school business administrator. I’m contemplating getting a masters and then getting certified as a school district building leader or whatever the **** they are currently calling it – basically what I am, but I would be eligible for tenure.

Tina – I TiVo TBL too, and thank GOD! I end up fast forwarding through most of the filler stuff. I now find that TiVo has ruined me for life. I find it impossible to watch a commercial! Neil ‘playing the game’ like that was disappointing, just like when Matt did it in the first TBL. It makes for an unfair advantage the next week. I hope that they change the rules to not allow that.

Karen – congrats on the job! Gotta keep those golf appointments!

Carrie – beautiful grandson!!! Congrats!

Felicia – that poor boy with the mothball coat! I loved your explanation to the kids about it, hopefully he doesn’t get teased about it.

Hi to everyone else – Nicole, Kristen, Dan, Joni, Liz, Lettie, oh, just everyone!

Mama Nicole
10-26-2007, 01:58 PM
I put a neat picture of Landon (DGS) and POPs'(grandpa) finger on my profile. Landon was one day old. Can you tell I'm a proud Grandma...ha...ha!

Oh, Carrie......you should be proud. He is just perfect. I love his little round face :) I miss having a baby in the house. Today is DS 3rd birthday, and it just seems wild that there is no daycare baby here and I am not pregnant. I cannot wait to be a grandma :)

Kimphin
10-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Are we going for 6 Nicole?

Mama Nicole
10-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Kim.......Tivo has destroyed me too. I'd rather wait 20 minutes after a show starts to begin watching it than watch commercials......:lol:
P.S. I hate squats and lunges......pretty much cuz I am weak and I suck at them........poor DH.

Mama Nicole
10-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Are we going for 6 Nicole?

so if you can read my mind, you know the two words that came to my mind when I read your comment :rofl: I am already crazy.......:lol:

Kimphin
10-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Kim.......Tivo has destroyed me too. I'd rather wait 20 minutes after a show starts to begin watching it than watch commercials......:lol:
P.S. I hate squats and lunges......pretty much cuz I am weak and I suck at them........poor DH.

I do the same thing!

These squats were sneaky in that they were super easy to do! Then, 24 hours later...WHAM! My butt felt like I had been hit by a truck.

so if you can read my mind, you know the two words that came to my mind when I read your comment I am already crazy.......

:D:D:D :devil:

BarbaraB
10-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Laurie, If you are not hungry on green, and weren't losing on gold, perhaps it is not too few calories for you. We are all different. Believe me, your body will let you know when it is really starving. If you are feeling cold all the time for no reason, it could be a sign of your metabolism cutting back, so if you are not dying of hunger and cold all the time, I'd say stick with green for awhile and see how it goes. You can always switch back if it is not working for you! It is not THAT many fewer calories. less than 100 less per day, I can't see it totally sabotaging yourself. It seems to me that you got advice that the head cheese counselor wouldn't have given and she had to make up reasons why it wouldn't work more than she really knows anything, since it just doesn't make sense to me what she said. I took about 4 months to lose the last 10 pounds, so I can totally commiserate with you on the struggle. I didn't lose any more weight during stabilization. I've struggled to keep the weight down in maintenance, and I followed their advice and went on TO after TO to get those last few pounds off, which was probably more like putting my body into starvation mode than cutting back a plan.

Kim, wedding cake in your house! Oh my gosh, and cheese cake too. I think after a week you should declare it all "stale" and throw it out! Or at least convince yourself it will taste bad if you eat it now since it has "gone bad". I can somehow talk myself into almost believing things like that.

Carrie, what an adorable little boy! So how much did you cut back at the gym?

Felicia, hope the stink aired out! Pumpkin muffins sound tasty.

Liz, Congrats on seeing 166 again.

I've got to go and get some mileage in at lunch for my 50 mile walking challenge.

BarbaraB
10-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Kim, I did the biggest loser DVD with Kim the trainer and she killed me with the squats and lunges. I do the Tivo of TBL also, and I just hit fast forward when Kim and Amy were having their drama... just too painful to watch. I Tivo Deal or No Deal and pretty much watch the whole thing on fast forward, as I can see all the numbers and the deals and don't have to listen to the screaming... Hope you have a good time with your niece. It is great that she gets to spend time to get to know you more one on one.

healthy2b
10-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Barbara - I was going 4 days a week for 1 1/2 to 2 hours - 60 min. cardio - 15 min. abs - then weights until I got finished - I would rotate muscle groups through out the week now I just go 4-5 days a week for one hour....45-50 minutes cardio - 10 min. abs - and two or three exercises with weights for different body part each day. I usually go over an hour by about 10-15 min. Thats really the only thing that I change besides maybe the Fucothin kicked in.

dawn78
10-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Carrie - adorable grandson! It's hard to believe how fast they grow and change.

EmilyLashea
10-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Carrie- The picture on your profile is beautiful! He is prefect :angel:

Felicia- That is so sweet that you do things like that for your students. I had a teacher like that once.. They'll remember you forever for it.

Kim- I don't know how you're controlling yourself.. Cream Cheese Icing is the best stuff in the world! I could it it by the spoonful right out of the container!

Nicole- Don't wish to hard for that grandchild thing. We just found out my sister (17) is almost 4 months pregnant... bless her stupid little heart :dizzy: Although now that I'm past the shock I can't wait for a little one to spoil. Plus, I'm hoping it will keep me from catching "baby fever" that seems to be going around and finish everything I have planned before I go there.

So.. I went to weigh in this morning. I'm down 1.6. Not what I was hoping for after TO Monday and Tuesday but I guess any loss is a good loss, right?

MomOfThreeTeens
10-26-2007, 03:51 PM
LOL Emily you really made me laugh out loud with your "Bless her stupid little heart" comment. Thats definitely a southern thing! I heard a statement one time that said you could say whatever you want about somebody as long as you follow it with "Bless her heart" And in the south that tends to be the case!

Mama Nicole
10-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Emily......that is a fabulous loss!!! I know it is so hard to get happy about small loses when you have only been doing LAWL for a couple of months.....but believe me.......every little bit adds up.....and those who lose small amounts consistently are the ones that kick some serious booty!!! Keep the faith!

Kim.......did I read correctly, that you have been going to the gym 4X a week for a month? Damn, girl........you get one big fat WHHOOOOHHHOOOOOO from me!!!! How are you going to fit in working once you have to start? Really though, that is something to be proud of.......WTG!!!

Ok, I am supposed to go do laundry now................so I will change it, but then I am going to have to go crochet for a little while. My brain is still on vacation...........A MONTH LATER :lol:
XOXO

Mama Nicole
10-26-2007, 03:58 PM
LOL Emily you really made me laugh out loud with your "Bless her stupid little heart" comment. Thats definitely a southern thing! I heard a statement one time that said you could say whatever you want about somebody as long as you follow it with "Bless her heart" And in the south that tends to be the case!
Awwww, dangit Kim#2......why didn't you tell me that before.......when I made a complete a$$ out of myself by talking smack about my girlfriend, I could have just added, "bless her heart," and I wouldn't have gotten into trouble!!!! I am pretty close to being in the south.........at least on the south side of St. Louis I am......they all have accents, and don't say, "forty,".....they say, "farty." And, they, "warsh their laundry." Blows me away. Do people in other parts of the country consider St. Louis, "the south?"

EmilyLashea
10-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Kim- you are exactly right about the "bless their heart" comment. you can say whatever you want and it's a free pass as long as that's at the end :D

Nicole- Thanks.. On a normal week I would be thrilled with 1.6 but with the TO I was hoping for more. Oh well, I'm still feeling good about being POP all week :cheer: And as far as being a southerner, I'd say you're atleast a boarderline yes, so you definately could have used "bless her heart" with your friend and gotten by! ;)

MomOfThreeTeens
10-26-2007, 04:22 PM
awwww look at her, shes got the face only a mother could love...Bless her heart!!!! LOL Definitely a southern thang!!!!

Sorry Nicole, dont guess it would work now after the fact! LOL

healthy2b
10-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Emily - congrats....thats a great loss....I don't even attempt TO anymore...the most I've lost after TO is .6! Don't know why it doesn't work for me but it doesn't.

BarbaraB
10-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Carrie, that does sound like a lot of exercise, so it could have been a factor. I've got to try this fucothin. Everyone using it is seeing pretty good results.

Emily, I know what you mean about wishing that TO was going to cause a really large drop. I think it has the biggest weight drop if you've been a bit off plan and are bloated, as it will clear the salt from your system. If you've been a perfect little POP gal, then it just sometimes doesn't do much. The pounds all add up though, and it does slow down the lower you get. One more pound it will be 20 pounds, and I bet you were hoping to see that over 20 number. Maybe next time though.

Nicole, I too would love a grandchild, only not just yet. My DD has several friends who already had babies, so I get the occasional baby fix via her friends. Sweet things, but seeing the teen mothers who are living at home with their babies scares my DH to death.

So far I've managed all of today on plateau buster. I may not make 5 days in a row, but I'm just going to try to get in as many days like that as I can manage. My DH tends to bring me coffee in the morning and he has taken to bringing a biscotti too. I've finally had to put my foot down since I can consume a starch and fruit serving before I'm even awake that way and it is not plateau buster worthy. My DH is addicted to biscotti's and eats probably at least 2 a day. I love those chocolate covered ones though, so sometimes it is worth the exchanges, but mostly it causes me to get hungry later in the day if I've swilled my exchanges on biscotti's.

EmilyLashea
10-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Carrie- I usually lose about 3 with TO which is why I was a bit surprised. Aren't you excited about seeing the 70's again!? I can't wait!! :high:

Barbara- Yes, 20 pounds will be a big mark.. Makes me feel like i'm really accomplishing something! :)

Kim0303
10-27-2007, 01:10 PM
WOw Emily, a baby having a baby. Scares me. I have 17yo. I keep telling her and I hope she listens. Not the way you want to start your 20s. That is the years you want to be having fun without the extra responsibility and getting an education so you can support your children if you have to work. I keep telling her to marry rich but she is into this LOVE thing.
Said I didn't marry rich, I was into the LOVE thing, I said well do as I say and not as I did. If he has enough money and stays out of your hair, you won't care what an @#s he is. She ain't going for it darn it!

Dan2112
10-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Wow.. Everyone must have had a busy night last night.. The last post was yesterday afternoon??

We're going to be doing our darnedest to stay on plan today.. So far so good, but we have TWO kid parties later on.

Kim0303
10-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Dan & Liz, You can DO IT!!! Look at you guys, you have already done great! Hang tough! Have a great weekend!

Liza, Where are you?

KrispieD
10-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Is there a sale on Blizzards in the US?? Where did everybody go?
Heading to a 50th bday party tonight.. the last of the birthday thank goodness or my body is going to go into shock.. I'm tuckered out!
Plan to be as good a girl as possible. Hope you all have a great weekend and if you do slip a bit remember Monday is a day we can all start fresh.

Have a safe, fun and happy weekend!

bradleys mom
10-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Still here Kristen!

I WI this morning and was up 2.2 . Boo! I guess thats what comes of not being OP for 3 1/2 days! But I am starting anew today, So far been POP and have walked a mile today! :)

Dan & Liz, Do what I did last night I had to go to a Bday party so I showed up late to skip the food part. lol jk

lizababe
10-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey everyone!

I can't tell you how much I can't wait for things to be back to normal so I can read all of the posts and know what's going on in all of your lives! Carrie I did see that baby... Congratulations and what a little cutie! Oh I want to kiss those little baby lips!

Things are calming down here a bit. It's actually raining today!!!!! Not a lot. A few drops here and there but that should help our firefighters. There is word that the Santa Ana conditions will be back on Monday so hopefully the more humid conditions over the weekend will be enough to make leeway on these fires.

Dan thanks so much for sending your guys here! Next week I'm going to be focusing A LOT on these men who've put their own lives at risk to save people's homes. I have a lot of friends who were just shocked to come home finding all of the homes around them burned but their own still standing. They took pictures of the footprints and signs of the firemen who were there taking care of their stuff.

The air quality is still pretty bad and people are being told not to exercise. I miss my nightly jogs and bike rides with Buster. I tried to get to the COD yesterday but they were closed but I guess it wouldn't matter since I haven't been anywhere near OP this week or bothered to look at the sclae! Sunday I had gone grocery shopping and bought a bunch of produce. I got the call for the chopper and had to take off so I never put any of it away. This week was just so crazy I didn't notice anything at home and last night when I went into the kitchen there were all of these fruit flies swarming around... yuck. So it's back to the grocery store today and I'll be so happy to have fresh veggies and fruit again! I can't believe how much I missed them. I guess I won't be having avocados for a while since our orchards burned :-(

The good news is, two of my friends who I was so worried about made it through and while the homes around them burned, theirs didn't. My one friend who lives in the rural parts lost her only child in a car accident 2 1/2 years ago on the highway that leads to their home. We adopted that highway and clean it up every few months and she has a cross memorial there along with some flowers. I just couldn't stand the thought of her losing that home because that cross on the way there just means so much to her. She used her press credentials to get back in and check things out and her first sign when she was driving up the highway was that Kate's cross was still there even with everything around it burned. Further up the hill, her own home was safe and her longhorns too. The fire has backtracked 3 times and gone over that area so we can't quite breathe a sigh of relief yet. I can't wait for that rollercoaster to be over.

Anyway, It's 1:10PM and I should start doing something now, like buying food since we're all tapped out. I went to bed at 11 last night and woke up at noon today! I had woken up before that and my brain said get up but my body had other plans. I have a lot of cleaning to do this weekend, shopping and trying to get things back to normal. Mini-Me has been a real trooper with my long hours and having to stay home alone since there was no going outside. She deserves some real one on one time with me as do the pets who are also depressed.

Take care everyone. I'm sorry about the mini-novel of a post. Tomorrow I can spend a little more time in front of this thing catching up.

SpringManor
10-27-2007, 07:02 PM
I am happy today, I weighed myself and have lost 7 lbs. :carrot:
I guess the 3 day take off really got me started. Now the hard work begins, so far I have stayed OP. Hope everyone else is having a good weekend so far.

amylou7777
10-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Liza-I'm so glad it's rainy down there! I really hope it helps. I love your updates--I've been very curious to hear how things were going down there.

Congrats to all the losers!

I had a final for my Legal Ethics class this morning so I was up at the crack of dawn trying to finish studying before my exam. It was a tough one, so I'm still recovering from that adrenaline/nervous rush I get when I take finals.

Of course the nerves always cause me to eaaaat-that is why I gained the last 40lbs in that last two years. When Im studying hard it's like I constantly have to be eating or I can't concentrate!!! I knew this was the problem-as I usually gain between 7-12lbs at the end of every semester during finals! So I'm trying hard to work on that--I need to get out of these 40s!!

Off to run errands! I'm having friends over for a little halloween get together tomorrow evening and need to get supplies...there will be SO much food as everyone is bringing something so it's going to be challenging. I do have to say that a major NSV has been that I've completely avoided the 5lbs of halloween candy we have stuffed in the coat closet for the trick or treaters!! Last year it would have been 1/2 gone by now!!

Have a great rest of the weekend all!

bayoubelle68
10-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Oh, guys. I am SOOOOOO sick! I caught DD's cold and it's really bad. I know it has hit me especially hard since I was already exhausted and not getting enough rest. I can't breathe; my ears feel full; I have this nasty cough...all in all, I'm basically pitiful! DH left the house this morning at 5 a.m. to go take pictures for an out-of-town race, so there was no sleeping late. DS and DD got into bed with me at 6:00 and started rolling around and giggling. Ordinarily, I would have loved it, but I was not in the mood this morning! I called the COD to tell them I wouldn't be in as scheduled and the counselor I spoke to was so sweet. She told me to get some rest and call if I needed anything. The kids have been wild today - running around, chasing each other, screaming and giggling. I've just sort of stretched out on the couch and occasionally croaked, "Stop it. Stop it. No, seriously, I'm going to get up and get the spanking spoon." This was all said in such a pitiful, nasally, monotone that neither of them bought it.

DH is headed home right now with my favorite salad - The Ranch House Chicken Salad. Big green salad with chopped, smoked chicken on top. I'm not even excited about it. I can't taste anything anyway. I did give in to my body's cries for hot chicken noodle soup at lunchtime, so I'm sure the sodium in that will kill me. Thing is, I feel like such crap right now that I don't care!

Yuck!!!

EmilyLashea
10-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Liza- So glad you're still safe and sound! Hope things calm down soon! :dizzy:

Amy- I'm sure you did great on you test.. I know what you mean about feeling like you have to be eating to concentrate.. I am exactly the same way.. I always get something to snack on before I sit down with my books! :corn:

Felicia- So sorry you're sick! Maybe this will give you some much needed rest though.. Get DH to handle the kids tomorrow and sleep in! :getwell:

:bravo: to the losers!

:dust: to the not-so-losers!

hi to everyone else :wave: ..hope you're having a great weekend! Can't wait to get off work so I can start mine!

I feel like all i have been doing today is eating! Not off plan mind you, just some days I feel like it is SO hard for me to get everything in! Of course, my COD says I'm on the plan I should be, but half the time I feel like I will explode if I eat any more. Does anyone else have this problem or am i just wierd? ;)

jean2299
10-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Congratulations Lorrie!! What a great loss!!

Emily, I felt like I was eating way too much food for a couple weeks, and then the feeling went away. I think before the diet, I had been eating not as much food, just really high calorie, high fat foods.

bayoubelle68
10-27-2007, 11:11 PM
I SO need to be in bed trying to sleep off this cold. But, alas, DH is painting at our old house and won't be home until the wee hours. And I'm waiting up until DS is soundly asleep so the Tooth Fairy can make an appearance! I panicked at first because I never have cash on me, but I finally found some in a photo order envelope from a client. This is tooth number 8! He just lost number 7 two weeks ago. The Tooth Fairy who visits our house always leaves a rhyming note with the money, so she just finished composing it and is just laying in wait until he passes out. Last time, he mentioned that he was setting a trap to catch her. I never found it and hope that he didn't set one this time! Wish me luck!

Kim0303
10-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah Lorrie! Awesome job! 7 pounds! Wow hoo!

Amy, Congratulations on not eating all the Halloween candy. Got ours last night and made sure it was something I wasn't going to die to tear into! Ha! Ha! Know how you feel about the test. I seemed to never be able to figure out what they were going to ask. Seems darling daughter is struggling in that area too. Test just make me nervous. Even though I knew I knew the material. I'm ADHD too and that didn't help me to focus. Glad that test is over for you. Early for a final, did you take a half term course?

Felicia, Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope yr favorite salad tasted the same being ill.

Hang in there Emily! Hopefully next WI you will hit the 20 pound mark!

Mama Nicole
10-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Hey, Felicia..........how much $$$ does the tooth fairy leave at your house? My brothers teased me so bad cuz when ODD first started losing teeth, 12 years ago, the tooth fairy left her $5.00. That kind of set a trend, and the tooth fairy still leave $5.00. I don't think that is too much, but everyone teases me that my kids pull their teeth out just to get paid.......:lol:

Dan2112
10-28-2007, 02:34 PM
We do $2.00 for DD and $1.00 for DS... The $1.00 is for the smaller teeth... :lol:

Hope y'all are having a stellar day.. We're about to head to the mall to go gey my pre-ordered copy of Guitar Hero III for the Nintendo Wii... Good thing the Cowboys aren't playing today, so I can concentrate on the game!:lol:

Yesterday was "ok" as far as being POP... We weathered the parties without too much trouble.. We both avoided cake for the most part.. (little tiny piece, barely a mouthful)... The bad news? The mom and dad who hosted the soccer party gave us the remainder of the cake! So it will be shuttled to the office tomorrow so my coworkers can have at it...

bayoubelle68
10-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Hey, Felicia..........how much $$$ does the tooth fairy leave at your house?

Nicole - she leaves $5 at our house, too. For DS's first tooth, she left $10 because that was the lowest amount she could get from the ATM at 11:00 at night!!! LOL!! ;) But every other tooth has been $5. I think it's crazy, too - especially when I remember that she used to bring me a quarter! But I guess that's the cost of living increase!

bradleys mom
10-29-2007, 02:00 AM
Yay Sox!!!

lizababe
10-29-2007, 02:47 AM
LOL Nicole! Mini-Me caught on real quick about the toothfairy profit and would wiggle all of her teeth trying to get them out. My friend said to watch out that she was going to become a "Tooth Broker"

SpringManor
10-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Whew, made it thru the weekend. Not quite POP but I did make a conscious effort to stay OP. I have an interview today so I am a little stressed, and that has a tendency to make me want to eat chocolate. I am fighting the urge though. Hope everyone else has a great day.