Old 10-22-2007, 06:27 AM   #1  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Default Do any of you use this website?

I here a lot about Fitday here and was wondering if anyone uses S**** People? For some reason I remember not being able to write the name here for some conflict of interest?

Anyway I get kind of frustrated with Fitday....did any of you have the same trouble? Do I need to give Fitday another chance? I like the other site I just wrote here but feel like so many of you use Fitday that maybe I am missing something???
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

I use Fitday, but only because that's what I started with. I do get frustrated with having to enter information for almost every food that I eat, but it works pretty well for me in general. I am not familiar with the site that you mention, but I know that thedailyplate.com is another site that people use a lot.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:58 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Dolly, that website is notrorious for sending spammers over here, that's why the system automatically wipes out the name. We don't care much for spammers, nu-uh, no way, not even a little bit .
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:30 AM   #4  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Hi.. haven't been posting for a while, but still lurking around. I just had to say that I found www.mydailyplate.com more useful than Fitday. It has basically the same features, just seems to be a bit more user friendly to me. Hope this helps.

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:25 AM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Even though the website in question may send spammers (I didn't know this--sorry!), it is still a good place to track your food and exercise.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Darlene, I get very frustrated with the tracking sites. I now use my own excel spreadsheets...I just look up the calories in my handy-dandy calorie book that I purchased at Wal-mart and keep a running total. This is much less stressful for me.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:37 AM   #7  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Sites like fitday really frustrate me. I feel like I'm letting a stupid computer be smarter than me!

I've started to just keep track of my stuff in an Excel spreadsheet, like Rhonda. It takes a little more time, sure, but that extra time allows me to really pay attention to what I'm doing, and to really see where I'm doing well and where I'm messing up.

I trust my food labels a lot more than I trust sites like Fitday.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #8  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I trust my food labels a lot more than I trust sites like Fitday.
I agree. If I do use Fitday, I just customize it so then I know I got in correctly
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

I have fitday on my home computer, but I found their website highly annoying. The home computer version works great, though.
lettingslenderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I've used the SP site before, but I like the set-up here better. I just got majorly lost in the forums there. Never used fitday. I don't track calories (too lazy and it's probably part of my plateau issue)
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #11  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I have tried all the on-line tracking sites and I just can't ever get into them. I have a calendar (1 week, 2 pages) and I just log my food there. It's always with me computer or not. I miss the info about the additional nutrients and the fat/carb/protein ratio, but for now, I need to focus on just limiting the calories anyway. Maybe when I get that under control I will start worrying about the other stuff.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #12  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

On the days I'm in class, I use my day planner to log approximations of what I've eaten. Since I'm usually gone for the better part of the day, it helps me keep track of what I ate, how much, how much water I drank, etc.

Then I come home and plug it into my Excel spreadsheet and tally it all up.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:07 PM   #13  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Dai
I use fit day to make sure I eat enough but I always use the information off of the things I use. I don't use fit days information. Never seems accurate.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote