Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat # 272

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat # 272

Marti
10-22-2007, 01:23 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting.:gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Marti
10-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Sassy--Those are peculiar things that have happened to you. Not a lot of bizarre thing really have happened around me, but some.
I enjoy watching ghostly things. One of my favorites that I have to watch is Most Haunted. In fact, I just finished watching Most Haunted Live last night (I had to record it, it was 7hrs long) They were doing the Winchester Mystery house. That place has always fascinated me. I told James that I would love to go see it someday. (maybe a vacation place....so close to San Fran) I also told James that I want to tour Alcatraz during the night.....I hear there are ghost sighting during the night tours. He think I'm a little crazy.

Hello to all you other gals. I'm headed off to lay on the couch to watch tv for a little bit before bed. Talk w/you all in the morning!

Sassy_Chick
10-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Hi Marti -- :wave: I've caught glimpses of that show. The places they go are really cool though, I've seen many advertisements for it. I would like to go to some of those places too, just as long as my DH is along with me to cling onto! lol. I want to go to that Haunted Hotel that the Shining was taped at. Looks really spooky.

Have a Great Day all, I should say 3 days, as I won't be online much when I am working, unless we are completely dead. I hope my 3 nights go by quickly.......lol.

:hug:

kelton
10-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Good morning ladies ! :wave:

Have a good cup o' coffee or your drink of choice :coffee:

Lets kick stress in the butt today ! :stress: :rollpin:

Support each other & have a good time ! :hug:

Marti
10-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Good Morning Ladies :coffee:

Monday....why did it have to get here so quickly?? I got absolutely nothing accomplished this weekend. To me, that is a great accomplishment! :yes:

Did some crunches this morning. I've been seeing this advertisement for this exercise ball....much smaller than what we're normally used to seeing. Well I thought I would try some crunches on this little ball I already have here.....let me tell ya, it was hard! Not so easy. I need to learn to balance!! But I managed to get in some crunches and I definitely feel it. Tonight, I will do my walk. And I was OP all weekend.

So I had a great weekend. :D

Sassy--Here is to a quick work week for ya!

Kelton--Did you have your coffee yet?

And the rest of you girls.....how is your Monday morning so far?

Came to a realization.....I'm one pound from the weight I had lost when I started working on it last October. I'm pleased w/that. Although at the same time I'm pretty disgusted w/myself for not having lost more. Having lost 17lbs, then gaining 10lbs back and now having lost 9 of those 10 gained.....I'm a total yo-yo here! Oh well, all I can do now is continue on! Keep my motivation going and keep a smile on my face! :lol: (<----ok, so I tend to giggle more than I just smile.)

Now I rambling.. so I'm going to finish getting ready for work.

Have a great Monday ladies!

FrouFrou
10-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...me and DD love that show! Of course sometimes I get a little freaked out. I guess I am not really into the paranormal, sort of. I say sort of because I am fascinated by it but when something happens to me it freaks me out! Anyway, I have had some things happen over the years and do believe in ghosts and angels. I don't want to communicate with the dead though.

MARTI...I really do enjoy the WATP dvds/videos, I think they are my absolute fav. She (Leslie Sansone) has so many different ones so I may buy some more of hers. I also enjoy the Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies. I tried Denise Austin's yesterday and boy, what a workout! YIKES! My body is hurting today! Of course I laughed at myself thru the dancing part, lol. I wouldn't let anyone in while I was doing it. Jason came home while I was doing the strength part of it and said "Please, don't ever do that again while I am in here!" LOL I was on the floor, lol. But I got a GOOD strength workout for sure. I am feeling it today! I think though once I get the steps down I won't look so dumb, lol! You are doing great! Good job getting the weight back off!

KELTON...nah...I won't tire of you talking. We love to chat!

JANE...was just at Hobby Lobby this morning, afternoon...ended up in the scrapbook section but didn't see anything I could use at the moment. I am on a mission for party stuff. But I did get a fall angel for the front porch, lol. And a little Christmas tree skirt for one of my small trees I will be doing this year. Then some flags to put on Josh's cake and bigger ones to line the walkway with. They definitely are having a good sale on lots of stuff. WOuld have loved to get osme Christmas stuff but I don't need anything.

Anyway...HI to everyone else!

Kind of a quickie here today. Busy running around this morning after a late start. Trying to find stuff to decorate for Josh's homecoming. There was a party store that changed, was actually changing the sign today, yikes! They have made it into a Halloween Warehouse! Just when I NEED party stuff! Not so much plates and such but some kind of decorations. So on to plan B if I can't find more stuff. Should be taking stuff off the walls in the main bath but that can wait until 3. V gets home at about 3:45'ish and he will be painting the bath and replacing the toilet. We bought new toilets for both baths a couple of months after moving in but haven't gotten around to changing them. The ones in this house are made for little people...they are low to the floor. Another house we bought after everything was done, ugh. So now we have to spend money to change it...or live with it. Plus the flusher thing is on the left instead of the right...or right as you are looking at it, but left to flush, lol. Anyway...going to get an early start tomorrow and try again and get some exercise in...have yet to do that also ugh! I hate days like this.

Have a good day!

Sassy_Chick
10-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi Everybody.

Hi Kelton! :wave:

Thanks Marti I hope this week goes by really fast! I had to do the exercise ball in my physical therapy after my car accident, yes they are tough! Congrats on the weight loss hon, you are doing fabulous and are a true inspiration to me. :hug:

Cristina -- I am the same way I am very fascinated by the paranormal but it freaks me out if something happens to me. I don't choose to see them, they choose me! lol. Although like I said I haven't "seen" anything in a long, long time, so maybe I have blocked it. But its still freaky when things move with nobody around! lol. I hope Josh's homecoming party is a success for ya! I hope you are able to find party stuff!

Hi to Everybody out there! :wave: I hope you all are well!

Big :hug:

suetalks
10-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Quick hi...Just waiting for the rain to come. It is very overcast and the wind is picking up.

Have been on the phone several times today to my "baby boy" in San Diego. Worried mother here due to the fires raging out there. He assures me they are keeping an eye on things and will get out if they have to. My advice was to have your gas tank full and a bag packed of anything you can't live without. BE READY to evacuate if needed. He drives all over the area for work, but is grounded for now listening to the news reports. Promised to call me back in a few hours. I am praying for the boys and ALL of Southern CA.

Mom is better today, I on the other hand have had a bug. Thought I was better yesterday, then got weak. Thought I was better today, went to the bank and gas station, came home and had a dizzy spell and weakness. Hmmm...maybe I jumped the gun on this running around. The bug had a different idea. :)
I shall return...be good everyone.

Jane
10-22-2007, 06:01 PM
No indies right now, but I wanted to tell you this. I went to Evansville today and the doc DID do the biopsy, even though I thought that would be done next time. I have to tell you, it hurt like 7 kinds of holy **** because she couldn't get more than 2" into my uterus, and wasn't sure what is blocking the path. I thought I was a tough old bird, but I cried like a baby. She got only a small tissue sample, in only one spot. The pelvic ultrasound is tomorrow, and if it shows anything abnormal, then I'll have to be put under for the biopsy.

I'm going to go take some pain reliever and take a nap.

kelton
10-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone !

Its raining a nice rain slow & steady since yesterday. We need the rain and boy are we getting it.

I love when the thunder is a soft rumble and sounds far away.... makes me want to sleep to it & just drift away in the sound of it.

I get DGD today so I am happy about that I just wish I could lay off the soda. I tend to drink it alot more when she is here but I don't know why.....
Maybe cause I need the energy :)

Jane, :hug: I didn't realize you had to go to E'ville to have anything done.
I am so sorry that it hurt. :( I hope they got all they needed. I hope that they see all they need to see with the ultrasound. Will it be an invasive ultra or a regular one ?
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
Just pretend that one of us are right there beside you as you go.
Or all of us..... we'll have you laughing so hard they will think we're all crazy :dizzy: (is that a bad thing) ?
Jane, we're here for you. :hug:

Sue glad to here that your Mother is feeling better. but sad to here you have a bug now. :(
I would be upset & worried too if my son was out there.

Good morning to those I missed.:hug:

Have a great day ladies !:carrot:

suetalks
10-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Pop in again....DS called this morning and is still just watching the T.V. and awaiting news of any evacuations in his area. He is in a very good place as far as being one of the safest. The air quality is very poor, ashy and smoky, so they are staying indoors. Not supposed to be on the roads unless an emergency, so his job will suffer. BUT...he is safe, so that's all that matters. I am just feeling so bad about the people who are losing their homes. (A 17 million dollar historical castle burned to the ground in SD.)
Rainy and gray here today but we are feeling better and going to try to get something done. :)
Back later..........

Marti
10-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Good Morning Ladies....

Woke up very congested. Would love to call into work today but I don't feel bad, just congested. Only 3 1/2 weeks and it's vacation time. (Thanksgiving week!)

Did my walk last night and was sweatin' up a storm! I had upped my speed during the inclines.
Eating is good. Keep it on the safe side. I figured I'd go a little overboard when Thanksgiving arrives, so until then, staying OP.

Jane--:hug: I'm so sorry you experienced so much pain! The pelvic ultrasound will be like nothing. I had one done just last year. They needed to see why things we're tilting. Hopefully that's all that's going on in there. Many hugs for you today that all comes back to you normal and that you won't need another biopsy.

Cristina--Josh is just going to love you for the wonderful homecoming you have planned! My brother was showing me video tapes has his troops homecoming. I was so heartbroken. It shows them all unloading and getting in line for some kind of speech before they were able to go to family, then when it was time, everyone went in all directions....my brother.....had no one there to greet him! It shows him walking all alone!! He didn't let anyone know the day he was coming home and this was in GA, we all live here in Oregon, and we have one sister in FL. When I watched that I grabbed him and said I'm so sorry! But our town had a huge thing for him when he actually came "home". And said that was all he needed. Sheesh!

Sassy--I used to have the big exercise ball. It's now a hopeless flat mess. :lol: The ball I'm using now, is the size of a bowling ball. That's actually harder to use than the big things. Is your work week almost over???

Sue--I read in the paper about the fire. What started this fire? I'm going to have to read todays paper and see what they have to say. I hope your son stays safe and is ready to evacuate when needed.

Kelton--Have a wonderful day w/your DGD today. Wish I could help you curb the soda habit. I'm not a big soda drinker. I usually have one maybe once a month. Use to really drink the stuff but my hubby isn't a soda drinker so I kind of stopped drinking it too.....now we only drink it occasionally.

Ok ladies, I'm needing to make a cup of coffee and some breakfast. I will check in later on tonight if I have time. Hubby is home so may just snuggle up to him.

Have a good day.

kelton
10-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear you are all congested, that sucks !! I just hate being that way. I can't remember but have you been to the Dr for it... sorry for the confusion I just know there are quite a few on here that need to go see Dr and some who actually have. Get some meds in you & lots of rest, please.
Hope you feel better soon !!

Today was my youngest daughters follow up Gyno apptmnt after putting her on BC for pain & severe flooding a long time ago.
BC is not working at all. She is pencil thin and now the pain is so bad that she just can't eat.
Today the Gnyno told her to continue to take BC for one more month. If that doesn't work then they will do a laproscapy (sp) threw her belly button to make sure if it was endometriosis. (We all have it). I've had 4 done before but.. that in no way shape or form gonna helps her at all. I had 4 laps done & finally my quack Gyno decided (because I wouldn't shut up about the pain) she would just open me up & do a full exploratory (she kept telling me I did NOT have endo).....Well I had it (duh) and they did my hysterectomy at 25 yrs old. Much older than her. And You know how it doesn't matter what anyone has been through it is always different when you are going thru it yourself.
Anyway, Dr put her on Antiflammatories every 8 hrs....
if none of this works they will do a hysterectomy....... She's only 17.
She is showing no emotion (she hides pain of any kind very well) we have very high pain tolerance so when we say it hurts.. it is bad !!!

So if any of you pray or do good vibes or whatever you may or may not consider your higher up..... would you PLEASE keep her in your thoughts.

Sorry, I'm just really upset that she is hurting so badly and has been for all this time and the BC didn't help & now this. She would not let me go to the gyno with her either visit.... it kills me that she is so independent.
Also please keep in thought that our relationship gets better..... I know its her age but, She argues & fights & treats me like I am 3 yrs old and I just let her do it. I'm not one with good comebacks...or they come to me 7 hours later. They love their daddy and treat him like a King, which I am glad of cause I want them to at least be close to one of us.
Anyway, I know its just the age, but it still cracks my heart in two.
:kickcan:
Ok, enough yukky/sad/whiny/self pity talk.

Everyone have a fantastic day, I mean it or I will spank everyone of you !!!!!!:kickbutt: :rollpin: :drill: :tantrum:

Love,
Kelton

Jane
10-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristina - I know what you mean, I'd love to buy more Christmas decorations when I see all those cute things, but where would I put them? I only decorate my living room and dining room, so I guess I could branch out a bit. Hmmm, I've never had a flusher on the left as you sit there. Might take some getting used to, lol.

Sassy - I for sure know that there are paranormal things happening all the time. I have some stories of my own that would make you doubt my sanity. If you don't doubt it already, lol.

Kelton - thank you so much for your kind words! Here you are, so new, and already giving me support. :hug: I had DD Mary with me, and she went in the room when they said they couldn't see enough due to my extremely tilted uterus. When the tech said he'd have to go through vaginally, that's when I asked for Mary. She held my hand through that whole part. But it didn't hurt one bit. I'll tell everyone what he said, at the end of my post. Have fun with that grandbaby! Post her photo in the Jaded Photos when you have time!

Sue - so glad your son is safe!

Marti - thanks, Marti. Hope your congestion doesn't turn into a full blown cold. Snuggle up to your honey tonight - that's what I plan to do, with a fire in the fireplace.

I hope I'm not giving you "TMI" about my tests - I don't want to gross anybody out! But at least the tests are over for now. I'm waiting on results from the pap, the biopsy, the pelvic ultrasound and mammogram. The technician today was very kind and gentle, but had to go inside for a good look. He showed me (and Mary) stuff on the screen, and said it all looked fine except one small area on/near my cervix. Said there is a polyp "or something" there. After all that, getting the mammogram was a piece of cake.

Speaking of food, I've managed to stay 100% OP through all this stress. I haven't exercised like I should, though. But at least the food is still under control. Last night I really really wanted junk food, but staying away from it was easy since there's none in the house!

Hope you're all having a good day. BBL.

Jane
10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Kelton - just now read about your DD. She and you both have lots of prayers and good thoughts coming your way from me! :hug: I sure hope they don't have to do a hysterectomy at her young age! Yes, her attitude is due to her being so young, plus, she's probably scared, too. Come here and vent anytime you need to, ok?

kelton
10-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Jane,
Thank you very much !!

You have no idea how much your post meant to me.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart :hug:

suetalks
10-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Jane and Kelton- Hugs and prayers to you both as you await medical answers. One of the hardest and most trying of times I know. I am thinking of you both and Kelton, of your daughter also.
It seems the JL's have been through sicknesses of our own and our families lately. Not to mention a few family deaths, births and job related trials. Now as we approach a New Year I am telling you all that we need positive thoughts for a wonderful 2008 for every one of us!
The blessing of positive, enmass, Jaded Lady power!

FrouFrou
10-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Hello ladies...

Sorry for yet another quickie. Too much running around again today. I'm afraid that the rest of the week will be much of the same. Think I may have a break in there some time tomorrow to do individuals. I am pooped to say the least!

Got up early to get my exercise out of the way...been slacking in the early bird department. Wasn't used to getting up at 5:30 but I did and then the weather changed and it was still dark out. Excuses, excuses...I just started to enjoy sleeping in until 9 what can I say, lol? Anyway...

HI to EVERYONE and I hope everyone is having a good day! See ya tomorrow for sure! :wave:

HUGS to JANE, SUE & KELTON(DD) :hug: :hug:

kelton
10-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Jane, Sue, & Frou,:hug:

Thank you SO much, I wish I could hug each omne of you !

Your support is beyond words !

Thank you all, sincerely !

Sassy_Chick
10-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Just a "Post By" :p

Big :hug: to all having a hard time right now......

kelton
10-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Everyone be strong today.

jules1216
10-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi all!! I painted the baby's dresser last weekend. I used a "true blue" and then stenciled moon & stars in "sky blue" & "bright yellow" I will try to add a pic when they get downloaded. It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. I also washed all the blankets and 0-3 month clothes. my mom brought the crib up to Teri's apartment on Sunday and we got it set up complete with the celestial bedding and everything was put away in the dresser by Sunday night. (Ry helped put the crib together as Dave stood back and watched before going back to playing his video games.....sigh....) Needless to say it was a busy weekend!! Work exploded on Monday with the one person getting sick and another on vacation. Avon was late and showed up last night to be worked up. It's breaktime so I thought I'd pop in quick. I promise to be back tonight to do individuals!!

kelton
10-24-2007, 10:38 AM
I finally figured how......

I put 2 pictures up in the Jaded ladies photo thread.

Please click on my Granddaughters so you can see it better.
She is my everything.:hug:

Marti
10-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Good Morning Ladies:

Got my walk in last night, if I didn't have a cough I would be sleeping like a log! Staying OP and feeling pretty darn good about it all! :D

Kelton--Awwww....many hugs to your DD who is suffering w/pain.:hug: Poor thing. She will most definitely be in my thought and prayers. Her attitude right now may just be the pain talking, everyone tends to handle thing differently. Just continue being there for her and come here to vent anytime you need. Now about the photos....girl, you are just beautiful! You're so young! Your DGD is SO cute! Thank you so much for sharing w/us and posting your photos! So nice to put a face to name.

Jane--Let us know your results when you get them! Hopefully that little polyp is just a harmless thing that can be easily removed. And w/all the stress you're doing marvelous w/staying OP! I'm proud of you and you should feel good too! Keeping you in my thoughts today!:hug:

Sue--How are you feeling?

Cristina--You've got a lot going on w/preparations for Josh, pop in when you get a chance, don't worry about indi's for now.

Sassy--Hi :wave:

Jules--Awww.....the room sounds cute. Looking forward to seeing photos when you can get them.

Morning to the rest of you.

I got up a little later than usual, so I need to hustle this morning and get ready for work. Still need my coffee!

Have a good Wednesday!!

Jane
10-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Hello ladies,

Kelton - thanks for sharing the photos, and as I said on the other thread, you are just gorgeous, and your DGD is just too cute! Let us know what's going on with your 17 y/o girl as you get info, ok? :hug:

Cristina - I'm so happy for you that it's almost time for Josh to be home. Everything that you're doing for his return is just too cool. You're a great mom, Cristina. I can't wait to see how you'll be with grandkids when the time comes!

Marti - yay for you staying OP when you don't feel well. Hope the cough has let up a little. Mary's got the same thing, and is using Chloroseptic Spray so she can get to sleep. Maybe you might want to try that?

Jules - can't wait to see the photos of the dresser, and of anything else you want to share. The dresser sounds so darn cool! Don't you just love smelling and holding the tiny clothes? Before you know it, you'll be holding and smelling your new little grandson!

Sue - I have to apologize that with all the health stuff I've been going through, I forgot to send your coneflower seeds. I'll send them out soon, so you can still get them sprinkled this fall. I like your idea of Jaded Lady power. :D We are women, hear us roar!

Hi Sassy, bye Sassy, lol.

Hello to everyone else.

More good news - my local doc's office called and said the mammogram was fine, and the pelvic ultrasound only showed an enlarged uterus due to fibroids. Nuthin' else! I never heard of getting the results this quickly, have you?? Anyway, the specialist in Evansville still may want to do a D&C, we'll see. Now I'm just waiting on the biopsy and pap results.

Today I want to just veg out. I've been running here and there, and frankly I need a day to just chill. I'm going to watch Y & R, then I'm going to make a plate of veggies and salsa dip, with some chicken, and read my book (John Grisham's Playing For Pizza) in bed. Then I'm going to turn off the phone and take a nap. After that maybe I'll get some exercise, lol.

Toodles!

FrouFrou
10-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Hello ladies...

KELTON...love the pictures! It's alwasy nice putting a face to a name. And what a cutie pie your DGD is!

SASSY...hugs to you! :hug: Hoping today is better for you.

JANE...yeah, don't think I have ever gotten any kind of results back fast.Well except for the 2nd mammogram I had to have last year. They just had me wait there and did it fast. But that has been the only time. Hope the rest comes back as fast. Waiting is definitely the pits! Feeling like you today...I need a nap too! Let me know what you think of the book...was thinking about buying it. I like John Grisham and I think the only book he has written I didn't care for was Bleachers...it was kind of boring to me, but I did read it all.

MARTI...WTG getting your walk in! And to doing well with your eating and such, you too Jane. I loved the story about your brother. Brought tears to my eyes and made me think of Josh and all the other guys as well.

SUE...hoping all is well with you and your mom. :hug:

JULES...the dresser sounds so cute! Love the colors!

HI to everyone else :wave:

Another busy day, ugh! Not complaining, just need a break. It won't be over though until Josh is home...2 more days! Not sure how much I will be on the computer the next two days...tomorrow, might have some time but Friday...will be too busy, I think. Have to pick up balloons at 10 and get to the airport by 1:15, woohoo! Then if Josh feels up to it take him to a late lunch/early dinner. I have a feeling he will be too tired. His flight leaves at 10:35 p.m. Thursday night. Maybe he can get some sleep on the plane. I think though he is as excited as us about coming home! Anyway...

Take care ladies and I hope you all are having a good day! :hug:

sz2atheart
10-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Hey ya'll!!

Jane--Wow, sorry I missed all your GYN troubles. I pray that everything turns out negative. What an experience to go through. So glad that your dd was with you. I have heard that those biopsies have raised the toughest of women off the table. Ouch!!

Cristina--I'm so excited for you that Josh is coming home!! I'm sure you are overjoyed. Give him a hug for me!!

Sue--How frightening for you and your son. So glad to hear that he is safe. How is your mom doing?

Jules--Getting ready for your grandson sounds so exciting!! It won't be long!

Big hugs to Marti, Sassy, PJ!! Hello and a hug too, to Kelton! I'm finally on the mend after nearly 3 weeks on heavy duty steriods and antiobiotics. Whew...it has been a long haul but I've managed to keep a positive outlook. You would have thought that I could have at least lost a few lbs...but no....I think I put on 2 lbs. Sucks!! Oh, well could be worse, at least I'm still breathing!! I feel like I have missed so much being away for a week. We finally have rain :dance: But it's also so humid. I stayed home from dance tonight because dh had a late meeting at work and I really wanted to just stay home and veg. It's nice to have an evening off with no one home but the dogs. Made a WW frozen dinner and plan to take a hot shower and watch TV till dh gets home. Feels good catching up with everyone. See ya, Tammy

Sassy_Chick
10-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi Chicks! :chicken:

BOREEDD.......I'm at work. Wanna go home already! lol. Only 9 more hours to go! :woohoo: lolllllll.

Well guess what? We have NEW RECLINERS! :D NO more broken down, hand-me down, crappy couch! :dance:

Now we just need a house or condo!!! :D

I hope everybody is doing well. BIG BIG :hug: to all, esp to Kelton's DD. I can surely sympathize with her as I have PCOS and I have really really bad female problems. I should go to the dr but after my last exp with a very nasty dr I just have a dr phobia. lol. I sure hope she is okay and I've dealt with this since I was a teenager too and it definitely is not fun at all! A good site is soulcysters.com. They are mostly for PCOS but I think they do have threads on Endometriosis as well. Also your DGD is adorable! :bb:

Marti -- Hi :wave: Exactly how does a log sleep? lol. Just teasing. I slept like one this morning after work, I was SO exhausted!! I think its this weather! True Fall Weather! We're floating over here in Ohio! lol.

Jane -- I'm so glad that you have good news hon! :hug: Yeah I've never heard of having results so quickly so Kudos to your Dr. :cheer2: I hope that if they do a D & C everything goes well for you. You are making me so hungry! :drool:

Jules -- Take a breath hon! lol. You've been a busy girl. Can't wait to see the pics of the dresser. UGH don't you hate it when your short at work, lots of girls have been sick here. They can just keep their germs to themselves thanks! lol.

Cristina -- BIG BIG :hug: to Josh when you see him! I am so excited for you! :D

Hi Tammy -- Glad your doing well, sorry about the 2 lbs, it does suck, but like you said, at least your breathing! :hug:

Hi :wave: to all of those MIA, we miss you!

Jane
10-25-2007, 06:52 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Cristina - the book is sort of boring right now, :yawn: and I'm hoping it picks up a bit. It, too, is about a football player, which is not exactly my favorite topic, lol. I wish he'd write another lawyer book, for goodness sakes! Josh will be so excited to see you and the rest of the family. I can't tell you how happy I am for you!

Tammy - glad you're better. The 2#s will come back off - you're lucky that's all you gained, with the steroids. I was on them for about 3 weeks once, due to some dental surgery, and all I wanted to do was eat. :hungry: Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing evening last night. We watch Private Practice on Wednesdays since there isn't much else on. It's so unrealistic, though, but oh well. Tim Daly is just too cute, lol.

Sassy - a big woohoo to you for new recliners. :cp: Wait until you're my age - you'll kick back in it and fall asleep, lol.

Hello to Sue, Jules, Kelton, and everyone else reading this. :wave:

I'm up early today, since I had a big nap yesterday, lol. But I feel great! Mary and I are going shopping after while. Makenzie is going to be on the kindergartener's basketball team, and we're looking for a uniform and court shoes for her. She is so petite for her age (5), I can't imagine her with a basketball, lol.

Have a great day, ladies!

BBL,

kelton
10-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Just a quickie....

Hope your day is alot better than you expect.

Running late for an errand, talk later.

:grouphug:

```````````````````````````

I'm back, but nothing much going on so...... Hope to read more posts.

jules1216
10-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Quicky again during break--took work home with me last night and didn't even touch the internet at home!!

Just wanted to say hi!!

FrouFrou
10-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...woohoo, new chairs! Hey, you'll get that new house or condo soon!

JANE...how cute...little kids playing sports are soooo cute! Hope you had fun shopping.

TAMMY...I love to veg sometimes too! It's nice having the house to yourself.

KELTON...hoping you are having a good day!

JULES...as usual you are busy, busy, busy. But glad you can take time to stop by and say HI!

HI SUE, MARTI, PINKJANE and everyone else!

More running around for me today. It will be over soon though. Picked up the cake, went to Wally World and bought groceries...glad I didn't need a lot. Went to back Josh's truck out of the garage and the battery is dead, ugh. Going to take it tomorrow to get the balloons and wash it while I am out. Let's see, got the banner up inside, with some confetti, going to tie little yellow ribbons on the big tree a little later and get some exercise! I skipped yesterday and I am feeling guilty for doing so. So HAVE to get something done today! Going to get up early in the morning and do it before I get started with the day otherwise it will never happen. Anyway...almost time for Jeopardy!

Have a good day ladies!

Jane
10-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Hello ladies,

Kelton - my day was lots of fun, and I hope yours was, too. Did you have your sweet DGD today?

Jules - I hope the people you work for appreciate you for all your hard work, and also hope you get to rest and chill this evening.

Cristina - lots of errands, but all of them sound fun for Josh's homecoming. Tomorrow's the big day, and I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Mary and I found shoes and pants for Makenzie's uniform, but no shirts small enough, lol. She ordered one, and it should be in, in a couple of days.

I've been OP, and am looking forward to weigh in on Saturday. I've been eating more protein, and I think that's making me feel better. I just love how with WW, I can try and see what works best for me personally, as long as I stay within my points.

The weekend is almost here, again. Where does the time fly?

pattygirl63
10-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Hello Everyone :)
I am back home and totally glad to be, but tired. No more trips planned any time soon and I am really glad.
I was excited to find that when I got on the scales this morning that I only gained 1 lb. while on our 2 weeks away from home. Thank God!!! That is soooo amazing since we ate out almost everyday and a lot of times I had to eat off plan.

I got back OP 100% today! I am trying something a little different. I read about it on another group here. A lady did it and lost really well. I am doing the South Beach Diet, but using my WW Flex Points for more control of what I eat and as a guideline to keep my calories in line. My first day on it went really well and I must say that I enjoyed it.

Well, I am tired so I will check some emails and go to bed. I certainly hope everyone is doing well and that all is well. I'll read and catch up on what has been written here tomorrow.

Trish

kelton
10-26-2007, 12:01 AM
Good-night, sleep well.

Marti
10-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Good Evening Ladies! :wave:

This morning I got a call from work asking if I could come in early.....so that's what I did. Guess that's what I get for only being 5mins away eh? I don't mind the little OT.

Exercise is good! Last night I got my walk in. I had my headphones listening to Mika, had my book to read. After 30mins and over 2 miles.....my book was still closed. Hmmm....I must have been having one good day dream!! That time just flew! All my walks need to be that way.

Eating is so-so. Today I splurged on a couple Nachos at work. They had a Nacho bar (can you believe a Nacho bar??) I grabbed a few chips and some cheese and proceeded to eat them. But didn't over indulge. I've been so good and I don't want to mess it up over nachos. But I also didn't want to be craving them and later have a binge on something. So I had enough to tidy me over. Rest of the day was good.

I'm behind on my individuals....but I need to still get my walk in tonight and then shower and bed. I'm tuckered. I'm so glad that tomorrow is Friday!!! About time.

Ok ladies...have a good night! chat w/you all tomorrow.

Marti
10-26-2007, 02:15 AM
Well ladies, I'm back.

I just finished my walk and thought....I may not be online at all tomorrow since I'm going into work early and then hubby is coming home and I'd like to spend some time w/him. So....I thought this was a good time to do some catch up!!

Jane--Love the avatar! You're adorable!! You're doing so good w/staying OP with all the big things going on. I wish I had your strength. Now I do hope that you post some photos of Makenzie in her uniform! Sounds so cute. I need to find some photos of my DD to share.

Cristina--Are you having a lot of family getting together for Josh's homecoming? I'll have to find some photos of my brother when he was in Iraq. He was one of the boys that took down Sadam's head from the statue. I have that photo somewhere...if I can find it I will post it. I hope you have a fabulous time and give that boy lots of hugs from us girls!

Tammy--Good to see you. Don't sweat the 2lbs. You'll lose it during your dance outings! I'm glad that you're starting to feel better. Our weather has been damp lately. Of course it's Oregon so that's to be expected, but I honestly thought we'd have more rain already......not sure what to expect when it come to the weather any more!

Sassy--Hurray for new recliners! I've been telling hubby that I want a living room set. I want a couch, not a futon. Even though this is a spendy futon....I want a couch w/cushiony arms that I can lay on...not the same w/wooden arms from a futon! Plus, our recliner is a shabby hand me down too. Time for new. But who knows when we'd ever be able to afford it!

Jules--I'm sorry that work followed you home! Stop by when you have more time and chat w/us.

Kelton--Your post made me smile. My day WAS better than I expected, even though it was a toughy! How was your day and did you get some DGD time today??

Trish--Welcome back! Only gaining 1lbs during vacation is great!! When I go on vacation, I don't ever hold back. That's a big down fall on my part, but that's how I am. I just try to work extra hard once vacation is over. My next vacation is Thanksgiving week....well now.....I think I may have some trouble staying OP that week.

Hello to the rest of you gals! Please pop in and say hello when you get the chance.

Now I need to shower then get to bed. Sleepy. and I need to get up early. I probably won't be on tomorrow, but will say a quick hello if I am. It's quality hubby time.

G'night ladies! :wave:

Sassy_Chick
10-26-2007, 04:36 AM
Hi Chicks. :chicken:

Our new chairs are so comfy! Our cat LOVES them because now he can go from chair to chair sitting in our laps. My cat and I were sitting in my chair watching the waltons together. He was all sprawled out........lol

I was looking at some catalogs I got in the mail "dreaming" about our house we are going to get and how to decorate it.........I know it will happen, just have to be patient, but patience is something I don't have a lot of unfortunately! lol.

Also my mom had her interview today with her old boss and my mom has a new job starting Nov. 12th (would have been my Grandma's bday) and she is going to be making decent money. I'm so very happy for her.

Jane -- DH has already fallen asleep in his chair -- Wed. night while I was at work. lol.

Cristina -- Glad things are coming together for ya and I know Josh is going to have a great visit!

Jules -- :wave: Don't work too hard!

Marti -- OT is good esp now that Christmas is only less than 2 months away now! A co worker at work pointed that out to me yesterday morning. lol. I was like "Thanks" lol. You're doing fabulous darling on your exercising and eating, I think you did great by indulging just a tad on the nachos so you wouldn't have cravings. ;) We were due for new furniture, we've never had new before, this is our first. We have a futon too, we use it for when my mom comes to visit. Its quite comfy. I was so happy to get rid of the crappy hand-me-down couch! :woohoo:

Big :hug: to those who need it right now and those who are MIA.

I hope you all have a Great Friday!

jules1216
10-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Sassy--I'd like to get some new furniture too. We are almost to the end of the tunnel of debt. The mortgage is gone and the motorcycle & credit card consolidation loans are almost there. Then I guess we will do it again. We want to add a new family room on with a fireplace--hope to begin it in the spring and hubby wants a pool and jacuzzi. Does one ever really stay out of debt???

Marti--hope you are enjoying that quality hubby time!! Work will begin to ease off by the end of November and then Jan & Feb are the slow time so it will be better soon. It's just the yearly cycle of the job. The new lady that replaced the one that retired is picking up and getting faster everyday. You are doing so great on the exercise!!

Trish--sounds like you have a plan--good luck with it!!

Jane--you are such a beauty--both inside and out!! If I looked that good my pic would be my avatar!!! I put up one of Teri and Ry from the baby shower--Ry is such a goofball with the ballon under his shirt. I am so glad they get along. The ladies that I supervise appreciate me and that's all I care about. They are hard workers themselves.

Cristina--have fun with Josh--you are such a good little mom. You make everything so special for him when he is home. You are doing so good on staying op too. So proud of you!!

Kelton--your little granddaughter is so cute--can't wait to meet my grandboy!! I have to tell you that your little words of encouragement really do just that.

Tammy--big hugs to you too!! Glad to hear you are on the mend. A little over 8 weeks to the due date--which is XMAS eve girls!! It will be here before we know it!! Hard to believe, this year has gone SOOO fast!!

Well, my coffee is finished--time to go out to the grocary store and post offce!!

Jane
10-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Trish - welcome home, and a big yay for being OP again. I mix Dr. Ozs advice with my WW points. I think lots of us tweak a program to suit ourselves since it's easier to stay OP that way. Good for you finding what works!

Marti - portion control is what it's all about, so you did good by taking care of your craving, and keeping it to just a small amount. Yes, I'll post a photo of Makenzie in her bastetball uniform. Her first clinic is Saturday. Enjoy your DH!

Kelton - hope you're having a good day.

Sassy - glad you and the cat are enjoying the new chairs, lol. And a big woo hoo for your mom's new job!

Julie - love your avatar! Too funny! Everytime I see newborn stuff for boys in the stores, I think about you. Much cuter that what they had available when our own sons were born, right?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

A note about Mindee - she hasn't checked in since 9/30, so about 2 weeks ago, I sent her a note via snail mail wondering if all was ok, and I haven't heard back from her. I notice she isn't posting with other clubs, either. If any of you happen to know what's going on with her, please PM me, ok? I think she probably just doesn't have access to the internet right now and will be back when she does. Thanks.

LOL about my avatar, because I took about 25 pictures until I finally got one that doesn't show just how round and fat my face actually is. Plus, since it's not up too close, you can't see my wrinkles as well. :D But thank you for the kind words, anyway.

All I plan to do today is the laundry. Then Makenzie is planning to spend the night after school, so I'm sure she'll keep me busy.

BBL,

kelton
10-26-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't know who has the son coming home from Iraq but I just wanted to say that I am very proud of your son for saving all our lives, keeping safe, and risking his life for our freedom & security. What a strong, guy he is, please tell him how very important he is to all of us ! PLEASE give him hugs & more hugs for me.

Is he coming home for R&R or is it the *real* trip home for good ?

I love all that you are doing for him !

I know since today is the day that you won't be on much thats VERY understandable.

I hope you get to spend a lot of time with him & hugging him, and giving him a lot of smooches on his brave little head, for all of us.

I can never thank him enough for what he is doing for us !!

Enjoy every moment that you share with him, because they really grow up way to fast.
I'm proud of you for being such a strong Mom and letting your son fight for all of our freeedom. Thank YOU !!! If I had joined earlier & new what was going on I would have sent you a card just for him.

Jane your avatar pic is beautiful ! You are a gorgous lady ! Thanks for sharing so I can see who I talk to. I was supposed to go down to IL/IN this weekend but things came up. Next time I am down that way we have to meet up for coffee/soda/food/chat, or whatever.

I wish there were people from KY here it would be nice to meet up & chat & share stories & encouragment and take lots of pix to share here so all could enjoy. So anyone that lives close to Northern Ky, or CIncinnati, or heck even Louisville, or FLorence KY lets try to meet up or something.

I didn't have my DGD yesterday (It was an emotional day & I knew I couldn't DGD all the attention & playfulness as normal),
Her mom (dd) was off today so don't have her today. I miss her when she is not here. But... even a Ma-ma-ma needs a day to herslef... as bad as I hate to admit it.

Called the new ACO to have one of my Rescued dogs pts.
He growled at DGD & acted as though he was going to snap at her.
I'm sorry as much as I love this particular dog, My DGD comes FIRST over any animals or anything.
I cried all day & was waiting to have it done & they said they were to busy...
My hubby (who normally does NOT like animals in the house, etc...) he called & said do not do it, just crate him whenever she is here (in different room) so they don't have a chance to get close.
My dogs know that when she is around she has the right to everything & they can either set & let her crawl on them , lay against them, etc and they let her... OR they can go lay down in different room if they don't want to bothered & that is what normally takes place. She is not allowed to hit, kick or anything, she pets *soft*.
Anyway, it will be alright.

I have to admit that when he growled and turned to snap at her, I leaped from the front door & tackled him & yes I beat him. I know it was bad to do (I never thought to do it, it just happened so fast I didn't even realize until I was on him & hitting him) but thats my DGD & he was never like this with her. I hit & punched & I just could not help myself. I know I am bad for it, but noone or nothing will hurt her under my suporvision !!!!!
but ... well anyway... just lots going on here & I keep losing 2 lbs & gaining it back over & over....
I know that the meds I am on make you gain huge amounts of weight & that is *most* (but not all) the reason it is so hard.
Never mind, life really sucks at times for everybody. This just happens to be my week/month for it.

Well I wasn't gonna post this, it just happens & then I realize it. I have to get a grip on my postings.

Hope evryone has a good Friday & weekend.

Sorry for those I missed, my head is in a whirl today & well, always:dizzy::?:
Please don't feel bad for me ... that is not why I posted, I just needed to vent cause I have noone here that I can really talk to, sorry.

Ok back to your regular chat.

Jane
10-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Kelton - I'm proud of Cristina's Josh, too, and sent him a thank you card just today. About the dog, since he didn't actually snap at your DGD, the growl was probably just a warning. Does "pts" mean put to sleep? I totally understand how you want to protect your DGD, I'm the same way with all my DGKs. Maybe you could do as DH asks, and just crate the dog when your little sweetie is around. It would be sad to have him pts for his warning your DGD, if that's what it was. Just a thought. I'm sorry you're having such a struggle with weight loss. :hug: That's yet another thing I can totally understand. :yes: I spent months and months unable to get back on track, then <poof> one day, it all came together in my head once again. That's where weight loss is truly controlled, imo. :) Before you know it, it will happen for you. I hope your day gets better. But please come here and vent when you need to. :hug:

kelton
10-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Jane,

Thanks .

HUbby wants to crate him then fine thats what i'll do , even though he does not help with any of the dogs etc, so I am with them more than anyone & know their actions etc.
I was an animals control officer so I know more about things than he does, but whatever hubby says goes.........always.

Never mind,........ we'll crate him & all will be great again.

I have too many other thigns to worry about.

I must go,

Have good day to all.

FrouFrou
10-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello ladies...

Ugh, what a day! Josh didn't come home after all the turd. He called me at the last minute and said he got the dates mixed up and he cant' come home until the 27th and then was supposed to return Nov 25th...just got the dates reversed. Needless to say the conversation was short as I had to get on the phone and computer to change the reservations and I did. Still an overnight trip but he will be home Sunday at 2:10 p.m. It works out fine and it has afforded me more time to do things without having to rush, lol. Decorated the big maple in the front yard with the yellow ribbons and the pathway lights...he is going to laugh when we drive up, lol! Ive got a couple more things to do and will do that tomorrow. I hope the balloons hold up until Sunday. That is the only bad thing about the wrong dates. The cake will be fine in the fridge. But yeah, Sunday is the day.

KELTON...thank you and I will tell him. Actually I will print what you wrote and give it to him. He is coming home, I want to say for good but it won't be. He was in Iraq for 15 months and is supposed to go to Afghanistan in a few months, ugh. But we will have hime home for a whole month! Lots of hugs to you missy about the dog and the weight. I am glad to hear that you guys will crate him rather than put him to sleep. But I can totally understand wanting to protect the little one. My niece was attacked when she was little and has a few scars on her face...thank goodness they are not too bad now. If she didn't point them out to you you would never have known but it was scary when it happened.

JANE...great avatar! I hear ya abotu the pictures, I do the same, lol. But we have to get the right angle...it's amazing how the wrong angle can make you look bad. And thank you about Josh! Glad you wrote MINDEE...I've been thinking about her and meant to write just been so busy it slipped my mind.

MARTI...no, no family coming. I would have loved to had a big party but we have no family here. His dads is in CA and mine are mostly in AR but my nephew is getting married this weekend so that supersedes anything else. Hope you fine the picture...would love to see it!

TRISH...glad you are home safely.

Hi to everyone else!

Need to get going, V will be home momentarily and I have a couple of things I want him to do...add some ribbons to the tree where me and DD couldn't reach, lol.

Talk to you ladies soon. Have a good weekend!

Sassy_Chick
10-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Hi Ladies.

I hope everybody is doing well and BIG :hug: to those MIA right now, we miss you all.

Jane
10-27-2007, 10:18 AM
It's Saturday! :carrot:

Kelton - how old is your dog? My Molly is around 10, (she came from the animal shelter) and is greying on her face quite a bit now. She's the last of 3 dogs that we had. Rosie had to be put down when she became blind, and had uncontrollable pain from arthritis so bad she couldn't even get up and down 2 steps to the porch. Chloe got hit, and that just about broke my heart. But Molly - she's the most special of all, and likes to be where I am at all times.

Cristina - one more day and you'll be hugging Josh! I'm so happy for you! TY about the avatar, but I really am heavier than it shows. :o I knew some of you gals would be wondering about Mindee, too. I wish I'd sent a stamped envelope so she could write back. Since she doesn't drive, it makes it hard for her to get places. Back to Josh, he'll be sooooo happy when he sees what you've done, Cristina. Take pictures to share!

Sassy - don't tell me, you just dragged yourself out of your new chair to get on the 'puter, didnt' ya??? TeeHee! In the winter, I keep a comforter by my chair so I can be warm while I nap, lol.

Hey Jules, I really, really want to see photos of the dresser! Hope you can post them soon.

Hello to the others. :wave:

I lost only 3/4 pound this week. I stayed OP all week, but didn't get much exercise after the biopsy, etc. But I still thought I'd lose more than that! I'll take it, though. :D

Later on I'm going to the school w/Mary to watch Makenzie at her basketball clinic. That ought to be a hoot - kindergarteners and 1st graders on the court, hahahahaha! :rofl:

Have a good day, ladies!

Marti
10-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Good morning ladies....

Just a stop by today. Hubby is wanting me to go to the gym w/him but I'm not into being there for 2hrs at the minimum. Too long. An hour maybe, but 2??

We'll see what comes about w/that. Have a whole day w/him today. It's been over a month since we've had an entire day together.

I'll do catch up another time. Right now, I need to get dressed for the day.

Hugs to you all!:hug:

pattygirl63
10-27-2007, 01:50 PM
GOOD AFTERNOON LADIES!!!

Christina: Yellow ribbons on your maple tree. How exciting! I am so glad your son is coming home for a visit. I just wanted to add my thanks as well to him for all he is doing along with our other soldiers in Iraq. They don't get enough credit for all they are doing for us at such a great sacrifice. Enjoy a great time with him and give him hugs from us here. He & they are always in our prayers daily. We pray for the day he (and the others) will be home for good.

Jane: I am so sorry for all you have been going through. I'm glad the results you have recieved were good. What an acomplishment you made through it too by staying OP. I know how it is to do such a good job and either not lose or lose a small amount. I want to give a big CONGRATULATIONS for what you did accomplish and the 3/4 # lost. You were stressed out I am sure and yet you did not allow it to become an excuse not to stay OP. I applaud you!!! I personally think you did great. I have hearde it said that we don't see the rewards of our diet the 1st week but the 2nd week. So hopefully you will see a better reading on the scales next Saturday. My official weigh in day is tomorrow so it will be intersting to see what the scales read.

I recently read that you should take a diet you like and personalize it by tweaking it to fit you. WW Flex Points is helping me do that. I think that is what helped me to gain only 1#. They say by tweaking diets personally gives us a greater chance of success.

ALL YOU OTHER JL's
I hope all is well wih you and y'all have a really great day!!!

Hugs Trish

FrouFrou
10-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Hello ladies...

Taking a break for a few minutes. Got some extra cleaning done and doing the laundry today so I will have the whole day tomorrow free! Well, I do plan on getting up early to exercise since I was a slacker this past week. Missed two days of exercise. I know how I am and I don't want to slack too much because if I let too many days pass I will end up getting lazy. Then it will be too hard to get back on track again...been there, done that a few times already. Did get my exercise done today so feeling good about that. Eating is good but yesterday wasn't so good, or dinner wasn't. And not enough water the last two days either. So doing good today.

JANE...hope you guys had a fun time at the basketball game. WTG on the 3/4 pound...every little bit adds up so any loss is good!

MARTI...I think I would pass on the 2 hours at the gym too, lol! I could do 1 1/2 hours but 2 I think would kill me! Glad you and James get to have a day together.

SASSY...glad to see ya missy!

TRISH...THANK YOU! And I agree! Also with the tweaking of the diets...I have found for me I have to do a lot of tweaking for me to follow anything. We all gotta do what works for us, eh.

Howdy to everyone else :wave:

Will see you ladies Monday sometime and Jane, I do plan on taking lots of pictures and will share!

Have a good weekend ladies!

Sassy_Chick
10-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Hi Girls. :wave:

Dragging me away from my comfy chair again. UGH. lol. (Jane -- I do have a blanket on my chair :) )Wish there was a way to bring the computer to my chair or my chair to the computer.........Hmmmmmmm. lmao! J/K!

Nah yesterday I just didn't have a lot to say was all, so just said hi. :)

Not much to say today either, except ouch because my back has been killing me, I think its the weather change. But thats okay I'll take it if it means its finally fall time and going to stay that way! lol.

Big :hug:

Marti
10-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Hey lets close this one and start a new one.

See you at 273!!