Old 10-22-2007, 01:02 AM   #1  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Default Weekend food - Way off plan - Don't read if you are easily tempted.

Ok... So I have an allergy and I usually stick to a pretty strict list but I was all excited because I found sour cream, cream cheese, and yogurt that I can actually have recently. This ended up being tremendously exciting for me.

I normally don't indulge but today I did... I had cheesecake for the first time in 2 years.

Now some here might be thinking I probably feel a bit guilty but in truth... I don't. Is it totally wrong of me to not feel guilty for indulging in this?

I am not saying I had a massive piece but I had a decent sized one.

Anyone else step off plan a bit for something a bit uniquely special for them and not feel guilty?
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:19 AM   #2  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

My thoughts on this would be that this is a lifestyle, and NOT a diet, and there are going to be some times when you decide you want a piece of damn cheesecake!

As long as it's not a habit and you get back on track, I don't see that you did anything to feel guilty over. If it was something special to you, then don't feel guilty AT ALL for enjoying it!
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:43 AM   #3  
VSG'er 01/08/13

*grin*

No... Don't think it will be a habit by any means. It is the most time consuming cheese cake my hubby to be has ever made I think, and a bit pricier than just being able to use "philly". Organic Sour Cream, Organic Cream Cheese, Raw Cane Sugar, Toasted Oats that had been tossed with cinnamon and then sent through the food processor as the base...

But I have to say... Was totally worth it taste wise and it gave me an idea for a cool treat for next summer:

I did up a raspberry puree with 15 drops of Vanilla Cream Stevia... OMG it was awesome. I am thinking it will be good over crushed ice as a healthy snow cone... Can't do syrup but no reason to not do pure fruit with calorie free/chemical free sweetener right? *grin*
Old 10-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I don't go off plan often, but when I do, I never let myself feel guilty, I just get right back on plan. Guilt is not a very productive emotion in this circumstance, we're all human, and nobody's going to be perfect. I'm not dieting, I'm changing my eating habits for (hopefully) the rest of my life. and there's no way I'm not going to have a piece of cheesecake now and again for the rest of my life!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:58 AM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

As they say on one of my other boards: NGAMO. No guilt and move on. Enjoy the treat, and make sure it IS just a treat and doesn't become a normal part of your life, and it should all be fine.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #6  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrisaratops View Post
My thoughts on this would be that this is a lifestyle, and NOT a diet, and there are going to be some times when you decide you want a piece of damn cheesecake!

As long as it's not a habit and you get back on track, I don't see that you did anything to feel guilty over. If it was something special to you, then don't feel guilty AT ALL for enjoying it!
I agree with this wholeheartedly! Twice this year on special occasions I have "pigged out" on orange chicken at HomeTown Buffet. I got right back on track the next day/ Unfortunately CalorieKing Software reports that a TB contains 510mg of Sodium. So I paid dearly.

Also on the rare occasion (like Saturday) I had a salad bar lunch at Sizzler and had a heaping plate of Chocolate Mousse.
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:05 AM   #7  
VSG'er 01/08/13

*grin*

Glad to know it is not just me.

Yeah... Definitely not a habit in any way. We still have a very large cheese cake down stairs and I looked at it. Shrugged and grabbed a small bowl of frozen grapes as that was what I wanted to eat and what I had a taste for.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:37 AM   #8  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I have had trouble going off plan for the past month and a half, I have gone off plan every other weekend, and at first I wasn't that angry with myself, but now I am getting angry with myself, I am making a habit of it, and I don't want to.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

If you planned for it, I'm not sure how you can classify it as being way off plan.

Sure its not something you eat everyday but if you can fit in foods that are a bit more calorie intensive in your routine and you enjoy them, then feel free to do so occasionally.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #10  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

If you don't have a treat now and then you'll go crazy Have your weekly indulgence (what I do) and be happy about it

Like you said, you didn't go overboard, as long as you have the willpower to be able to have treats now and then - there is nothing wrong with it
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote