LA Weight Loss - Anti-Estrogenic Diet

View Full Version : Anti-Estrogenic Diet

Sturn08
10-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Does anyone know why the other thread was closed? I'm new and not sure how this all works. lol I just wanted to update my progress. I've been on the AE diet since last Monday and I'm down 8 pounds. I have a lot more energy, haven't had a craving for chocolate like I usually do during "that time" and I'm always full. I eat yogurt and 1/2 grapefruit in the morning, 2 boiled eggs and large salad with low fat dressing for lunch and lots of fish, brown rice and beans for dinner. I'm so excited this is working for me without making me feel yucky!! As far as my IBS, I thought with the beans and lettuce I'd be in trouble... but I must say, I haven't taken an IBS pill in over a week :carrot:

If anyone wants a "diet buddy" let me know. We could share email addys and support each other.

BigSky1
10-23-2007, 02:21 AM
I'll be glad to be a diet buddy with you. I started 2 weeks ago and I'm down 8#. I started at 210 and got to 202 - then "that time hit today" so I'm up one lb.

I really think that this diet needs to be looked at. My cousin became a health nut after having breast cancer and she said that her doctor told her to avoid milk, and all meats with estrogen - and of course - EVERYTHING out there is soaked in soy - even those beans I bought for rice and beans - I'm going to try starting cooking beans from scratch. But - buy the latest TIME magazine - the cover story is why Breast Cancer is Spreading around the world. And they talk about the estrogen in our diets, and lack of exercise. They said that breast cancer was unheard of in China - but now that some people are adopting our diet - they're getting it. Scary! I still think that birth control pills are contributing as well. When they first came out with birth control, the dose was really high and they figured out a link right away - now they claim they're safe.

It was also interesting about the feminization of male monkeys. I heard one tape about estrogen that male sperm count (in humans - not monkeys) has dropped by 50% in the last 20 years as a result of the extra estrogen in our diets.:^:

Anyway - let's check in weekly and update each other and those watching on the progress.

Congratulations on such a great start.

Skinny4baby
10-23-2007, 11:47 AM
:carrot:I went to purchase the book but it was out of stock..I am going to try another bookstore and I may have to order it..I hope I can start next Monday. I have been trying to have a baby for going on five years and have just recently started having normal cycles..so hopefully it will happen for me soon.

I would love to come here for support once I get the book and get started. My weighloss has stalled...although I am doing alot of things right..which is why I am NOT re-gaining this time around.:D

Sturn????? Do you feel like you get hungry on this plan? Just make sure you are eating enough veggies..and also I take a multi-vitamin.

fatgenie
10-24-2007, 05:33 PM
hello all,

i got this plan from the 'first'. also lost some quick lbs in first week. then the week end came & i lost all my weight loss. :( now in this 2nd week i am finding it hard to loose.

also i am vegiterian (though i eat egg) but no fish/meat....... i am looking for any other food i can use. :dizzy:

help...!!!!

Skinny4baby
10-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Did you substitute beans for the meat? Are you sure you were getting enough calories...that is important for the weight loss to "stay off?"

The other book store I went to was also out..so I had to order. I will still give it a try...not a strict plan..I don't do well with resticted diet plans..I NEED freedom....that is how I got this far.;)

How are you other girls doing with it?

Sturn08
10-25-2007, 03:12 PM
week 2 and I'm down 14 pounds. I'm not usually hungry with this diet. I may be eating too few calories @ times. I usually eat fish with brown rice and beans for dinner and I'm DONE for the night. I can't even think about eating anything else because I'm so full. During the day, I've had a few times where I was wanting more.... but I just eat a grapefruit and it carries me over until dinner again. I don't have the book (yet) but I'm waiting for it. I ordered it and it should be arriving any day *keeps fingers crossed* I'm hoping there are more food choices in the book because I need simple choices pointed out for me.

Oh and sorry I can't reply to any PM's yet... I need to get my booty posting :dizzy:

Trastull
10-27-2007, 05:06 AM
I'm still waiting on my book. It should have been here by now. I just got a notice that they had it on backorder and hadn't even sent it out.

I tried using the plan listed in the Magazine, but I honestly think some things were omitted so that we would buy the book. I was soooooo hungry and hated veggies after one day. LOL But I am going to read the book with a fine tooth comb and give it a go. Now if the darn book would just get here!!

Good luck on your journey, and keep us posted

Tracy

Tropigirl05
10-28-2007, 11:51 PM
I agree with Trastull about the magazine omitting things about the diet. Although this is my first day on it, there were so many questions I had about it. I assumed that I could have mustard to put in a salad dressing but I don't recall seeing anything about condiments like that. I plan on purchasing the book this week but overall I wasn't hungry, I mostly just had a headache although I think that's from the lack of sugar/caffeine. haha
Good luck-you can do it!
~Cait

fatgenie
10-29-2007, 04:49 PM
hello skinny4baby,

Yes i do eat beans at night with brown rice. last week i tried shrimp but i can't eat more than one.. :( not my stuff i guess.

i tried cabbage soup diet recipe for morning time which kept me satisfied in morning. also i make omlatte some times at noon with lotsss of spinach in it.

all goes very well at week days but weekend is more difficult for me......

it's 2nd week, only 8 pound down.

thanks for reply.

Trastull
10-30-2007, 02:41 AM
Well well well it looks like i'm not going to be joining all of you on your journey following this diet.

I have been trying to follow my own plan for the last month and it was somewhat similar to this. I just found out today that I am 5 weeks & 2 days pregnant, and this is after a year and a half of really trying. I really feel that my diet and my exercise has been a big part of this finally happening.

Yeah I ordered the book, and yes it still has yet to arrive but I'm thinking I really wanted to go on this plan. I'm thinking that I am going to tailor it to my current needs.

I'm most concerned with eating healthy and not ingesting extra hormones or chemicals in the first place... It can only help me. So I know I can use that information.

Wow I sound like a rambler.. LOL Good luck everyone!!

Tracy

Tropigirl05
10-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Congratulations on the baby! You must be so thrilled!

~Cait

Skinny4baby
10-30-2007, 03:35 PM
:DWOW!!! You give me HOPE! That is wonderful!:preg:I know you are soooo excited!! I wish you a long, HEALTHY nine months!

I am still waiting on my book..I think it will be awhile, probably because of the mag. article.

Hey Tracy...Do you mind sharing YOUR detailed diet that you have been following for the last month? It may help me with some BABY dust...LOL! thanks!:hug:

Sturn08
10-30-2007, 05:13 PM
I ordered the book through Amazon and it's on back order until Nov 28th!!! So I went to Barnes and Noble this weekend and bought it! It explains a lot more about the diet and does add a few extras that you can eat like Pineapple and apples (peeled)

Congrats on the baby!!!!!

kd66
10-31-2007, 11:13 AM
fatgenie, 8 lbs in 2 weeks is fantastic! I'm lucky if I lose 1 lb a week. Looking at your stats is convincing me to look further into this diet plan. How is it going?

fatgenie
10-31-2007, 05:18 PM
:dizzy: 2 days & i am not lossing weight with this diet anymore..... Kd66 thanks for cheer up. diet look promissing to me as it allow us to eat at night.

i am in 3rd week.... i am little confuse about diet now... should i eat brown rice & been in this week or not...???

i also ordered book from amzon still waiting....

cogr8 Tracy!! have a good day girls.:carrot:

happy halloween:devil:

Tropigirl05
11-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Don't worry fatgenie, you'll keep losing. Just stick with it. I don't have the book but I do still have the magazine with the article in it. It doesn't say anything about continuing to eat the brown rice and beans, it just says what you can add to the diet at week 3. So, I think if you enjoy the brown rice and beans, then I would still eat it. If you don't like it though, you probably don't need to be eating it. I myself am not too fond of it and I haven't eaten it in a few days and I'm still losing. I think it's up to you, although the book might say otherwise. :) Keep at it!

fatgenie
11-01-2007, 05:01 PM
:carrot: now 10lbs lighter in 3rd week.

I got book........... today :D Now i am cofuse :(

in 'first' i found it simple to follow now.... i don't know what to follow & what not.....

thanks... for your push.....

kd66
11-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Whatever you're doing seems to be working! What is a normal menu for you?

fatgenie
11-01-2007, 05:16 PM
hi kd66,

in morning i drink tea ( i don't know it allowed or not), orange for breakfast

i eat little amount of nuts in between before noon as it's my 3rd week II phase
At noon I eat omlatte with lot of spinach & yogart (&/or strawberries). Activa is good becuse when i eat apple, i feel like constipation, dannon's low fat yogert helps.

now days i eat avacado befor/after my tea in evening.

at night salad,beans& rice.

some times cabbage soup. fish is not my type of food. some time i eat chicken salad from culvers with low fat dressing.

what you think of my diet.. should i added or reduce some thing??:?:

Skinny4baby
11-01-2007, 10:21 PM
I also got my book today!:D I will check it out and let you ladies know what I think tomorrow??

fatgenie
11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
hello all,

any one read the book???? i can't finish it... still on the 4th page.......

Skinny4baby
11-06-2007, 04:53 PM
I am still working on it...I want to read it over good before I give my review..LOL!;) I do think there are some yummo recipies. From what I can tell it is not much different than the basics of the cover story mag.

fatgenie
11-13-2007, 01:50 PM
hi girls.....

it was a bad week..... I felt hungry/emotional all the time, PMS??? any remedies.... u try for this...???

i thought this diet will help this sort of things..:mad:

No weight loss. Also gained 3-4lbs.

Renodebbe
11-13-2007, 06:18 PM
I have been on the diet for the past 5 weeks. I am on my 3rd day of the 6th week, Phase III of the diet. I have only lost 20 lbs. and the past two weeks I haven't lost any wieght. Is there any help, I could get to get it dropping again. I was planning on starting over with the phase I cleansing when I get done with this week instead of the next phase.

I haven't bought the book, but follow the "First" article. I was going to pick up the book this weekend.

fatgenie
11-15-2007, 01:29 PM
hello,

it happens... with me lots of time.... if we eat Phase I morning stuff & Phase II dinner stuff weight drops....

I am in 5 th week but i am not started with the III phase i am continuing.. with II phase only.

Book is not very diffrent from first magzine if you can get in B&N just check it.... not more stuff in book. that's what i felt.

have a nice day..!

:carrot: I am back on my weight .

Renodebbe
11-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Fatgenie, thank you for the answer. I will try doing that again. Did you also continue eating the beans and rice? I stopped after the first two weeks.

I have done a lot of research online trying to find the right balance of foods and vitamins. When I have a free chance this week I was going to pick-up some other vitamins that promote healthy weight loss and continue again at Phase I and II of the diet, but occassionally a Phase III. I can't help it I like my Turkey burgers with sweet potato.
:dust:

KittenPudge
12-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Hi All! I am a "noob" here and am so glad to see the support and also to find information specific to this diet!

The A-E diet is the first diet which has appealed to me in years - I find it hard to follow a diet if I'm not 110% behind the premise.
From 1999-2001 I attended a university that was performing a ton of research on endocrine disruptors - these are compounds/metals, etc. that mimic endocrines and hormones, just like what is described in the A-E book. I contributed to this research, attended guest lectures and even considered pursuing a PhD in the subject. I decided not to, however, as the subject began to become a bit of an obsession with me and I saw myself being driven over the edge of sanity because of the overwhelming relativity of ED's to EVERYTHING.
Just before attending university - starting in 1998 to 2004 - I was living the Atkins/Protein Power diets. They worked so well and my blood work was immaculate. It was in in 2003 that I could take not more of the meat-laden meals and had a mental & spiritual backlash against the diet. Additionally stressed and beginning a sedentary job, I gained a ton of weight and am the heaviest I have ever been. I do not overindulge in fatty foods or sugary stuff, but I am a foodie and get next to no exercise. Now have gall/liver issues.

In any case, I feel I can get behind this diet mentally as it helps me to put action to all of the ED concerns I have had as well as help with my current health and weight issues.

I have started the book - and as with all diets - I will read it cover to cover and then again through the process. I'll let you all know what I discover :)

I look forward to reading more posts.

KittenPudge
12-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Oh, and additionally...I see I cannot post links, however the FDA has a database and huge amounts of research on ED's if you are interested you can google it.

(yes, Im a geek)

fatgenie
12-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi All,

Any Body still on thi Anti -estrogenic plan???? I lost total of 18 Pound.... it's my 7th week though. it's going slow but........ I am lossing weight slowly. some time it happens that i am stuck on...same number for....3-4 days... some days it incresses by 2-3 pounds. but i am lossing .. it slowwwwwwly. In Bad days I treat myself with weight watcher ice creams.... small treat to bring up my mood:carrot:

Best Luck to all who are on diet!!!

Renodebbe
12-20-2007, 12:36 PM
I am still on it. It is slowww going. I am down 23 pounds and it has been tough. Especially, with holiday foods and Christmas parties, but I am sticking to it. I like the diet and my husband is helping me with it too. I wish it would come off a little faster.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

healthybyforty2
01-01-2008, 08:56 PM
So happy to find these messages, and hoping some of you are still working on this diet. I decided to use this plan and started it Monday. Easy when I am alone but not when feeding family! I am really excited to see how this goes, as it really makes so much sense.

walking2lose
01-01-2008, 09:05 PM
I will be 40 in a few months and am having surgery on Thursday to remove a polyp from my uterus. I am very interested in learning about this diet, as my mother has been telling me that she thinks I am estrogen dominant. She has gotten all her information about this from the Dr. Lee books (What Your Doctor Won't Tell You about Menopause). One of my best friends is an MD, and she is very aware of and interested in integrative medicine. I asked her about using natural progesterone cream, and she indicated that she didn't think I would need that.

Just wondering...

Have any of you read Dr. Lee's books about estrogen dominance?

And, have any of you used natural progesterone cream? My mom used it during her menopausal years and was virtually symptom free - no hot flashes, very little moodiness, etc, etc.

walking2lose
01-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Hmm...Is this thread dead? Hello??

Renodebbe
01-03-2008, 01:25 PM
;)Hi, yes this thread is open. I haven't read any of Dr. Lee books. I read about this diet in First magazine and it just made sense to me. Now, I see on tv that there is a chinese pad you put on the bottom of your foot to remove harmful toxins from your body. Which is part of what this diet does for you.

I was on estrogen tablets after having a complete hysterectomy. I substituted it with Estroven which is herbal estrogen which my doctor said is better for me. You might ask your doctor how long you will have to continue taking the estrogen or if you can do herbal.

If you do this diet the weight loss maybe staggered from taking estrogen. Once you get past the 6th week you must do a stage 1 day each week to help flush out extra estrogen.

Good luck!

jusdifferent
01-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi -

I am new to this site, and to the AEdiet. I am a 40 year old female, who has hypothyroidism, and PCOS, so I really struggle with my weight. I finished the book for New Years, and have been on the diet for one week, and have lost four pounds, already! I am absolutely over the moon! It is SOooo hard for me to loose weight, due to my medical conditions. ( The pudge just doesn't budge! ) Before finding this eating plan, I had tried EVERYTHING out there, and was even looking into gastric bypass. *In the past, the only diet that ever helped me to loose, was Atkins. ( 62lbs! ) But, it caused severe depression, and I eventually had to get off of it, and when I did, I gained everything back. So, I am thrilled to find something that is appearing to work for me. Is anyone else still on this diet? Having any luck?

I saw that there was another older thread in here, where the co-author of the AEDiet had posted, but it is now closed. Does anyone know why they closed that thread? I would sure like to talk to Mr. Osborn, as I have a couple of questions I need to ask someone.

zoimom
04-29-2008, 10:42 AM
I've done this diet and lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks. I intend to start it again. The main item I cut out of my diet was soy! If you read the labels of food and supplements we buy, most contain soy in some form. I am 2 years into menopause and my side effects, including hot flashes, reduced drastically after being on this diet. I do make sure I drink plenty of water, not because of this diet, but because it is the best thing to do for weight loss. This diet works for men, too!

kaebea
05-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Hey! can anyone give me a brief overview on what the diet is like?
what are some of the main anti-estrogenic foods?
i'm looking into the specific carbohydrate diet, and just got to wondering if the 2 might be similar or compatable.

thanks,
kathy:)

GonnaBeSkinnyGinny
05-08-2008, 11:18 PM
I did this diet for two weeks last fall and lost 15 pounds and had tons of energy. Five came back on right away but the rest stayed off untill the holidays hit...hard.
Anyway, basically you eat all the berries, leafy green veggies and citrus along with two eggs and 8 ounces of organic ff yogart during the day and at night you can have unlimited fish and veggies and equal amounts of whole grains and beans. Avoid soda, sugar and artificial sweetners-I used stevia for sweeting my smoothies and grapfruit. You want to try to eat organic and avoid processed foods due to all the hormones that are used in processing. Also it is reccomended-not required-you take milk thistle extract pills to speed the detox process. The diet also allows for black coffee or green tea if you have to have ypur caffiene fix.
I am going back on the diet on Monday-Dr yelled today that I still hadn't lost all that he prescribed. Looking for buddies if there are any starting out there.

sunshyneonme
05-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi Everyone, My name is Summer and like many of you, I've been waiting FOREVER for the book to get to me...and it came today, so i thought today would be the perfect time to start my profile on this site! I think it's a really good plan for me being i sit at a desk all day and snack usually most of the time anyways...now i know what i NEED to be snacking on and there no limit!!! Def. look forward to this and can't wait to see the pounds come off...smiles!!! Good Luck Everyone!!!

Love,ME!

janaboo
07-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site and new to this diet. I started Monday. I have only lost a pound so far, but it's going pretty well. I have the first article and decided to buy the book today and they are slightly different. The book says non fat yogurt and the article says low fat. Also the book says 1 week per phase and the article says 2 weeks per phase. I wondered if I can get a general consensus of which one most people are following and with what results. Also.. it doesn't mention corn. I LOVE corn. I saw a sight that said all veggies are ok on anti estrogenic diets with the exception of a few (and corn wasn't on that list). Has anyone on here had corn or hominy on phase 1?

Good luck to all of us and cheers to our success!
Jana

janaboo
07-02-2008, 08:36 PM
What have been some of (if any) the side effects at the begining? (or at any point?) I am having a few and wonder if anyone else is experiencing any changes in how they feel for better or worse. Thanks

Crystaleena
07-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Well, I haven't started the diet yet, but plan to soon. So I can't help with the side effects. I'm trying this diet because about 2 years ago I stopped eating meat, but still eat fish. Anyway, I gained 15 pounds in spite of having a regular, intense work out routine. The pounds would not budge. In fact, I was very confused because if anything I had thought my new diet was healthier then my old diet. Anyway, I'm very excited to have found this information. I feel it really applies to the weight I've gained. I especially gained it in my mid section and my boobs grew like 2 cups sizes! About 5 days ago I vowed to stop eating soy products, which was the majority of my diet since I stopped eating meat, now that I know they are VERY high in estrogen I've decided to eliminate them and see what happens. I will update this regularly so I hope yall keep writing too.

Also, I ordered my 'the antiestrogenic diet book' and the 'EstroX' pills, I hope they arrive soon!!

mom2mollie
11-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Hello, trying to lose baby fat from baby#2.
I've been on this diet for about 5 days, and I'm SO SICK of rice and beans and salad! LOL!
Anyone out there? Can you offer me some consolation? LOL.

Anyway, I think I've lost about 5 lbs so far, which I'm pretty happy about. This diet isn't faddish at all-- it's just kind of vegetarian (at least the first couple of phases) and emphasizes eating organic as much as possible. I don't feel like I'm on a fad diet-- just feel like I'm learning to have to love veggies and make creative salads...

mom2mollie
11-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Lost 7 lbs in 11 days so far.
Making yummy smoothies with fruit and greens and sometimes yogurt. mmm!

I made some barley/bean flour bread for dinner the other night for dinner because I was so sick of rice. :) That was interesting, but still pretty yummy.

ANyone out there still doing this?

By the way, I'm not taking any supplements. I figure if I can't grow it (or figure out how) and don't recognize it, I'd rather not put it in my body.

PinkVS
11-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Wow I like the sounds of this diet....Who is the author? I have IBS aswell and its the worst tummy problem to have,I am looking for a diet to help it aswell as lose.

mom2mollie
11-24-2008, 07:17 PM
I did this diet for two weeks last fall and lost 15 pounds and had tons of energy. Five came back on right away but the rest stayed off untill the holidays hit...hard.
Anyway, basically you eat all the berries, leafy green veggies and citrus along with two eggs and 8 ounces of organic ff yogart during the day and at night you can have unlimited fish and veggies and equal amounts of whole grains and beans. Avoid soda, sugar and artificial sweetners-I used stevia for sweeting my smoothies and grapfruit. You want to try to eat organic and avoid processed foods due to all the hormones that are used in processing. Also it is reccomended-not required-you take milk thistle extract pills to speed the detox process. The diet also allows for black coffee or green tea if you have to have ypur caffiene fix.

I have the book but it's boring and confusing. I just printed this quote out and used it. You can use barley or oats if you get sick of rice.

mom2mollie
11-24-2008, 07:21 PM
I haven't been doing this diet lately-- been going to lots of parties, etc. I lost 7 lbs and it's stayed off, though. I'm thinking after Thanksgiving I'll go back on for another couple of weeks and hopefully lose another 7 lbs. I'm also doing intuitive eating, which is eat when you're hungry, stop when you're satisfied. And I'm nursing a very large baby boy, so I need to eat more, but never am sure how much exactly. So eating a big salad when I'm hungry is much better (for him AND me!) than eating a frozen entree or even a turkey sandwich.

Plus, I've been putting salad dressing on my salads, which he said not to do (I like Breanna's poppyseed dressing). Usually I have spinach and greens with tomatoes and strawberries and some feta cheese sprinkled on top. mmmmmm!