South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #1  

Default It's Saturday! 10/19

Morning gals!

Am I really starting the thread at 10:22??

Anyhow, hope that everyone is well. Things here are good, just incredibly busy. I am heading to the grocery store here soon and am making a plan to get through this week with a weightloss.

Miss you girlies!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Kiko!
GORGEOUS DAY HERE!!!

Just taking a quick break from working out in the gardens. Got roses deadheaded, the flower beds raked and now I'm raking the driveway and just started boiling some saltwater to kill some grass that decided to pop up in our parking area. Husband is out getting fresh mulch so soon as he gets back, it's mulch spreading time.

We had a great time at the gardening lecture last night and yes, I ended up eating the brisket (it didn't have any sauce on it) Also had some pork and beans which was probably loaded with sugar and fat and also some cole slaw that probably had sugar in it. But don't feel guilty at all. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and that was the only thing there to eat (we were with 2 other couples). I skipped the bread and the brownie. I figure once in a while it won't kill me and you have to deal with "the real world" sometimes.

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-20-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:29 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2'

Good Morning everyone! I'm still in my jammies here. We are having linner (early dinner, late lunch) with my in-laws this afternoon at a local steakhouse. Can anyone say temptation? I'm planning on having a petit sirloin w/ salad and grilled veggies. I really don't enjoy eating out very much. I have a lot more choices when I make my own meals at home. It will be fun though. We haven't visited with them in a couple of weeks. I will be cleaning out my closet, and hopefully my pantry. It has been raining so much I can only work on indoor projects.

Kiko - Good luck next week! It's always good to have a plan. It makes it much easier to say "no" to temptation

Cat - Sounds like you are having a very productive day. I want to be out in the yard, but here in Oregon the rain has moved in and I don't think it's quitting today. Maybe tomorrow I can get to weeding the flower beds before winter sets in on us.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies,
What a gorgeous day it has been. Took DS to horseback riding lessons this morning, then took DD to the Trolley Festival (our town's little fall festival), where she and I walked around for a while, then she worked at the girl scout booth for a couple of hours. DH had astronomy club tonight and DS was spending the night at a friend's house, so she and I went to dinner and then to the movies and had a fun girls' night out. She picked TGIFriday's to eat, and I found a "low-carb" entree of shrimp skewers and steamed broccoli, which was edible but not great and reminded me why I don't like that place. We saw The Nightmare Before Christmas, in 3D. It was great on a big screen in 3D. She and I are both lovers of spooky Halloween stuff, the rest of the family, not so much. I did cheat with some popcorn because I hadn't eaten enough today and was too hungry. Now we're going to get in jammies and go snuggle upstairs before bed.

We had a lot of fun last night at the Medieval Times, and I was able to stay mainly on plan, even though you don't get to order your meal. I ate the roast chicken and veggie soup, and gave DH my spare rib, garlic bread, and dessert. I did take a bite of the apple turnover first. I'm considering a week of Ph1 to get me back on track, since I've been doing a little cheating here and there lately.

Tomorrow will be another busy one, grocery shopping in the morning and cooking, then back to the trolley festival with DD for her chorus performance, then having my family over for dinner to complete DS's birthday celebrations.

Hope the reason that it's so quiet here is that all you chicks are having great weekends!
Old 10-21-2007, 05:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Cluckings

Sorry I haven't been around this weekend, but I see it's been pretty quiet in here. It must have been a busy weekend for everybody.

We had a great turnout for our yardsale yesterday and got rid of most of the stuff we set out. It sure does feel good to be rid of so much clutter. Later in the afternoon, we had a family BBQ so we could all meet the French exhange student who is staying with my GD. She's a very sweet girl who was eager to try all the traditional American BBQ foods. I was very good until I caved in for a big helping of my mother's famous apple crisp. But it was worth every last delicious bite.
This morning I did a little grocery shopping and went to the nursery where I bought several pots of ice pansies to put in the planters on my front porch. They look really pretty there amongst the pots of mums. Andrea brought little Tyler over this afternoon for us to babysit while they took Amber to a Halloween corn maize, and they just left. Now I have the rest of the evening to just relax and do nothing. I'm thinking of indulging in a nice hot tub with lots and lots of bubbles.

Kiko, nice to "see" you pop in! You sure are one busy mama!

Schmoodle, I have to agree with you about TGIFriday's. There's just something about the atmosphere there that I don't care for. I'm glad you and your DD had some special time together, she'll always remember that!
Old 10-21-2007, 10:17 PM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HOLY COW girlies, this is the time of year that we need to be posting regularly! Here I am trying to do that myself (pot? kettle? black?) but still, GEEZ. Where is everybody?

I haven't fallen off the wagon or anything, just have been working a lot because one of my kids at work got a staph infection. Eeewwwww. Yuck. That's fun.

Just thought I'd post because I was sure I was missing a LOT, but just missing a few of you girls really. Hope EVERYBODY is doing well, not just the ones who are posting. Will try to post daily again now that my crazy weekend is over!!! Have a good one!

Lisa
Closed Thread