General chatter - ~Mandalinn82's Cover!!~

View Full Version : ~Mandalinn82's Cover!!~

aymster
10-21-2007, 11:37 AM
So, I was standing in line at the grocery store and thanks to Suzanne, I looked up at the counter mags and saw the issue of Women's World that Mandalinn is in!! I thought, "Hey, that's the issue!" so I picked it up.

It's a great and inspiring article with some wonderful advice and tasty-looking recipes. It offers up some tips for success and giving a well-deserved nod to this site for aiding in her success.

Thanks for the announcement and thank you mandalinn82 for your amazing story that I'm sure will motive thousands to take charge of their health!!

:carrot: :cp:

smilely771
10-21-2007, 12:47 PM
What is the date on the cover, I live in ON, Canada and it's not on display here. The one displayed right now has the date of Oct. 23rd and it's not Mandalinn on the cover.

EZMONEY
10-21-2007, 01:03 PM
I have been to our grocery store 3 times just for the mag....I am soooo tired of seeing OPRAH's FACE!!!

Meg
10-21-2007, 01:06 PM
The date on the cover is October 30. I found my copy on Wednesday. Amanda is gorgeous! :eek:

meowee
10-21-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm in Nova Scotia and we are still staring at Oprah, too . . . our turn will come, eventually. :yes:

aymster
10-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Yes, it's the Oct. 30th issue! And Mandalinn looks stunning (but we knew that! :wink: )

smilely771
10-21-2007, 02:56 PM
I'll keep watching for it, thanks.
Meg you look awesome, way to go :bravo:

JasonsLea
10-21-2007, 03:18 PM
I think our turn is coming this week. I'm going tomorrow to try to grab the Oprah one too and I think that Amanda's is coming Tuesday. I can't wait!

rockinrobin
10-21-2007, 03:44 PM
I bought my copy on Wednesday. Amanda looks absolutely beautiful!!!! She's got some great tips and recipes in there as well. Soooo proud of her.

jtammy
10-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Oprah here still too. I agree with Gary; I'm tired of seeing Oprah! I want to see Amanda's instead!

Spinymouse
10-22-2007, 12:16 PM
I just bought the issue! Amanda, you are very inspiring and you look fantastic! I told the checkout clerk, "I know who this woman is from an internet discussion forum I'm on!" So she started looking through a copy too, saying things like "Wow, that's amazing, how'd she lose all that weight? I'm going to have to get this issue now...."
I didn't tell her the part about the fake pants. ;)

Jasmine31
10-22-2007, 12:27 PM
I will need to check the stores! WTG Amanda!!!!

alinnell
10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Well, I have to stop at the store for some carrots this afternoon so I hope I can find the issue!

SoulBliss
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
How exciting! :cp:

shananigans
10-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Yay Amanda! I'll keep an eye out...

mandalinn82
10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
I developed a SEVERE distaste for Oprah waiting for it to come out, but its definitely in the States now. I've gotten SO many emails from so many different people - the article DOES have a 3FC mention, so hopefully we can get some people into the site to get all of the benefits it can offer.

Thanks to all for the compliments :)

techwife
10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
We've got it here!! I just saw it at Walmart. WTG Amanda!! :woohoo:

nicolen
10-22-2007, 01:59 PM
This is going to sound really cheeky, but is it possible for someone to scan the article and email it to me - or post the text somewhere so I can read it. I'd love to read it, but we don't get that magazine here and the website I think relates to this magazine doesn't post their articles online.

Thanks for your help!

Clydegirl
10-22-2007, 02:30 PM
I picked one up today.

Many congratulations you look great.

smilely771
10-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Finally got it !!
WTG Amanda you look great. I'll try some of your meal idea's they look great...yum,yum

Spinymouse
10-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Amanda - just curious: how did you connect with the magazine people?

mandalinn82
10-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Lynn - thanks! I feel like they represented me pretty fairly.

Spinymouse - they found me through my 3FC mini-goal collage post.

mandalinn82
10-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Clydegirl - thank you!

FrouFrou
10-22-2007, 05:14 PM
I was just at the store and forgot to look for it, lol! Will look tomorrow. I know Sat I looked and it wasn't out then. CONGRAT'S on the article tho.

melekalikimaka
10-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Darn it! Just came back from the drugstore and saw Oprah. I don't need to know how to "eat" like Oprah, I can put on weight just fine by myself thank you. KIDDING! :rolleyes: I'd much rather see our 3FC Amanda.

mandalinn82
10-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Might take some extra time out there in Hawaii? We had ours on Thursday of last week, but I'm in CA.

I got SOOO mad at Oprah. Oprah Oprah Oprah. Ugh.

Eventually Oprah goes away and I WILL appear, though!

cbmare
10-22-2007, 08:10 PM
I would have loved for it to be longer. It was truly inspiring. I finally found it on Sunday! You look wonderful. So, tell me again how they did those pants, please.

Jen415
10-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Amanda, you look GREAT! I wish they had used a different picture inside instead of the same pic on the cover...

So WHO are the people that tried your menus? Are they 3FCers?

Congrats on such a GREAT job!!

mandalinn82
10-22-2007, 08:24 PM
No - they are just weight loss testers that WW finds. I REALLY want to talk to them, especially the woman who is motivated to keep going to goal. I have SO MANY more recipes for her!

The pants are fedexed to each of the before/after shoots for their weight loss stories. They are the same pants for everyone, and are merely prop pants.

Though I realized my waist only was about a foot smaller than the giant pants. Which is sobering, to say the least.

NightengaleShane
10-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Daaaang girl, you look HOT! :)

I was waiting for Mandalinn's cover to come out, too... as everyone else said, I was tired of seeing Oprah's face! I pretty much never buy WW, but this was the exception. I told my girlfriend, "I kinda sorta know that girl from the fat forum!" (she calls it the fat forum :lol:) and she was impressed and said you look beautiful also.

EZMONEY
10-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Darn it! Just came back from the drugstore and saw Oprah. I don't need to know how to "eat" like Oprah, I can put on weight just fine by myself thank you. KIDDING! :rolleyes: I'd much rather see our 3FC Amanda.

With meanness like that, it is no wonder you have been exiled to the Island. ;)

So that is what happened to my pants! :mad:

[QUOTE=NightengaleShane;1902360]Daaaang girl, you look HOT! :)

That says it all! :)

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-23-2007, 02:32 PM
they don't have any bookstores near my work...so i'll go on my day off to check it out. Can't wait to see it. You are def an inspiration to many!

ennay
10-23-2007, 03:14 PM
I got mine last week....It is funny I had seen the cover NOT knowing it was OUR Amanda and the "Lose 28 lbs by Thanksgiving" and went YEAHHHHH right - and said to myself "NO, you are NOT going to buy yet ANOTHER magazine just because it advertises weight loss stories", and then came home and read about the cover being Amanda and went back the next day and got it!:D

So, Amanda, I am just curious if they made any mistakes in the article? The one time I had a feature in the newspaper they totally screwed the details.

mandalinn82
10-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Actually, no! And let's face it, WW is sort of notorious for fudging details to make the article work. They were VERY diligent about fact-checking and making sure the article was accurate, used my recipes, and had me verify all of the major statements in the article. All of the things in the menu section are things I would eat, and I do average about 1400 calories a day by filling out my menus with fruits and veggies.

The only thing not accurate was that by the time they actually published the article, I was down 5 lbs and a size...but can't really blame them for that.

jtammy
10-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Okay, I'm really pouting and fuming that it hasn't arrived in Mississippi yet. :mad: I'm so ready to see it. Everytime we go in the store, my daughter runs to the magazine section then comes back to report "It's still Oprah!". Surely by the end of this week, it will be AMANDA, and not OPRAH!

Lovely
10-23-2007, 07:46 PM
I bought it the second I saw it. I actually wish that the article was longer with even more details, but I'm just so inspired seeing you there, mandalinn ^^

BillBlueEyes
10-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Amanda - Got your issue of Woman's World this afternoon. Nice spread. :)

hmmmm.. maybe that doesn't sound right

XXXXXXX 7 XXXXX|| 14 ||||||| 21 ||||||| 28 ||||||| 35 ||||||| 42
Completed Beck Program-day 12. 30 to go. Keep going!

smilely771
10-24-2007, 01:42 AM
Amanda, I'ld like to ask you about the water you drink. In the article it says "my body likes 24 glasses of water a day" :yikes: is this true and if so ,can you tell me how to know how much water one should drink? Also I have to say I've done (I thought) very well just getting in 8 glasses a day.Does it take long to get used to all the water.:eek:
:hug:

mandalinn82
10-24-2007, 02:13 AM
OK, let me clear up the water issue.

I am pretty much convinced my body is bizarre. I follow the "drink until your pee is light yellow/clear" rule. For me, this takes 24 glasses a day. This is NOT typical, and in fact, probably not good for many people, so please exercise caution in your water intake. That was the one detail, though true, that I wish the magazine had not published, mainly because I really do believe that my body is unique in the amount of water it wants. If I drink less, I am actually thirsty.

Drink as much water as feels comfortable to you. 8 glasses is sufficient for just about everyone, less if you are getting lots of fluids from other sources or eat lots of water-rich foods.

smilely771
10-24-2007, 10:01 AM
:whoo: Thanks for clearing that up, I thought I would have to drink more water, than I would float instead of walk.:balloons:

evilwomaniamshe
10-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Hi Amanda,
I read the magazine lastnight and came across the infamous article about you! So very cool. Wow, you truly look amazing Amanda, the article was a good read. You outta be very proud of your accomplishment! Celebrity status now for you nodoubt. I hope the paparatzi (sp.) are not following you everywhere these days. Congrats again Amanda for sharing your story, it was an incredible one and I enjoyed the read!

WaterRat
10-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Hadn't hit Alaska as of last night..... :(

Glory87
10-26-2007, 01:48 AM
I got mine last week - it was definitely a thrill to know the covergirl!

Kery
10-26-2007, 02:08 AM
This is going to sound really cheeky, but is it possible for someone to scan the article and email it to me - or post the text somewhere so I can read it. I'd love to read it, but we don't get that magazine here and the website I think relates to this magazine doesn't post their articles online.

Thanks for your help!

I will second that. I live in France, so there's just no way I can get that magazine here (we do have some of the US/UK press in my area, but it's stuff like Newsweek or The Economist, or the odd Cosmopolitan now and then--not WW). If anyone had the possibility to scan the article and send it to me, or give me a URL, I'd be very, very glad. :)

aymster
10-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I'll send it to you, Kery! I just sent you a PM....

I tried the veggies and pasta last night: very yummy and very filling! :carrot:

GONNABE165
10-26-2007, 03:27 PM
I bought the magazine after reading about it on here - thats awesome! Looks like hard work really does pay off.

jtammy
10-26-2007, 06:48 PM
I got home from a business trip this week and my DD :love: had the magazine waiting on the coffee table for me. Amanda, You look absolutely great. The article was very good and very inspirational. Hopefully it will encourage others to lose weight in a healthy sensible fashion.

melekalikimaka
10-29-2007, 08:32 PM
:yay: Woo-Hoo!!! I went grocery shopping this morning at Safeway and finally got to buy the Women's World with beautiful Amanda on the cover! You look fantastic (we already knew that!) and your tips are FABULOUS (we already knew that too!). I'm glad to say that I sort of "know" you--where's that "i am not worthy" smilie? :lol: Anyway, great job and you deserve all the cheers your getting. You rock!

mandalinn82
10-29-2007, 08:52 PM
So I made it to Hawaii? Fabulous!

And you DO know me! It totally counts. :yes:

srmb60
10-30-2007, 12:39 AM
I got mine too. Fabulous!