Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-21-2007, 12:59 AM   #1  
Rop tú mo baile

S/C/G: 180/151/135

Height: 5'3"

Default i did a bad thing.

4 words-- Domino's 555

my husband decided it would be a good idea to get it....and i had the audacity to say "lets get some of those cinnamon bread sticks...i ate like 4 or 5 slices and then 4 or 5 bread sticks. all together i ate about 1400 calories for dinner...probably about 2500 for the day. i have never eaten that much in a single day ever. I feel disgusting. next time we are -not- getting 3 medium pizzas. it will be 1 pizza, i eat 2 slices-- he gets the rest...that's how it's usually...

Pizza = my weakness.

*sulks*
hepmelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:39 AM   #2  

Default You are so bad!

Seriously!
You are so bad, no one else ever does anything like that with pizza or anthing else!
< pops a handfull of cheetos in mouth >
You should be ashamed of yourself!
< takes a swig of my second beer >
How can you stand yourself?
< stuffs 12 tootsie rolls in mouth >
Mfsg gyrtewes nhui whghp!

sigh, I am having such a tough time. It's THAT time and I have no self control lately.

Tell you what.....if you slap me I'll slap you. Deal?
aschenbrodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:34 AM   #3  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I ate a mini quiche yesterday, and then found out it had 650 calories. So what did I do? Did I eat salad for the rest of the day like I should? No! I went out and bought a DQ sundae! It wasn't even like the food was right in front of me, either -- I PHYSICALLY GOT IN THE CAR, WE DROVE THROUGH THE RAIN TO DQ, AND I PAID FOR THE DAMNED SUNDAE!! Bad maalisse, bad!!! >:\

But...ah, well...we live, we learn. If this lifestyle is for life, then we ARE going to have occasions where we mess up. The trick is to learn from them, and to only mess up occasionally.

*is now really craving tootsie rolls...ughhhhh, PMS!!*

Last edited by maalisse; 10-21-2007 at 04:35 AM.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

You are in good company! We all have those I am so bad moments. Followed usually by your stomach feeling like it must be getting ready to explode for the next three hours!!!
Today is a new day.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:43 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

All right, it's not the best thing in the world, but it's not all that terrible either. Really not. It's not even enough food to gain any weight really. These things are going to happen from time to time. No big deal. Just move on. Today is a new day and that's that.

If I'm in the mood for pizza, I take a whole wheat pita bread, split it half, so I wind up with 2 circles, spread on a little marinara sauce,a little shredded low fat cheese and some veggies. I eat it with a big salad. Satisfies the urge for pizza - because it's yummy.

Or like you said, next time, 2 slices, eat it with a large salad and you're good to go.

And by the way, oh how I wish I could say that I have never eaten that much in a single day. I find that to be amazing.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:18 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Looks like confession is good for the soul... And I've done similar things in my time, I have to say.

But you know, sometimes we just have to get a grip, chickies! Another member posted this on a different thread: "If you were driving and you got a flat tire, would you pull over and slash the other three?" That's what we're doing if we follow one slip-up with even more...

Sometimes it seems like we must be partly insane, don't you think?

So yes... move on... today is a new day... but don't be surprised if your weight doesn't drop this week. Usually I don't gain from those episodes, but I sure don't lose, either.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #7  

2500 in a day? I can eat that in a half hour lol and I'm still alive and kicking, you'll be okay :-)

This'll make you see how excellent you are, my actual food intake yesterday

-900cal or so 200g assorted pic n mix sweets
-545cal sandwich
-250cal sushi
-250cal chocolate bar
-400cal bag other sweets
-250cal halfbag OTHER sweets
-200cal scone with jam
-50cal fruit jelly thing
-50cal apple

at least 3,000 ..

and thats only what I remember. good luck to us all!

Forward planning is where its at in terms of takeaways I reckon...decide when you ARNT hungry what you'll get?

Emily
xxx

Last edited by CousinRockingChair; 10-21-2007 at 12:18 PM.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:11 PM   #8  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Really, it's not that bad. We all have those little moments of weakness. Like last night, when I found myself SITTING in the floor in front of the cabinet eating my niece's Scooby Doo fruit snacks. Lucking, I only had one package, and that was only 80 calories, but it was still a binge of sorts, a loss of control.

As others have said, today is a new day. Just pull yourself up and hop right back on the wagon with the rest of us!
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:12 PM   #9  
Rop tú mo baile

i still feel full. this is absolutely silly i'm glad though. i'm just gonna let my body burn it off until i feel hungry again. that should atleast remove some of the damage..

it's wierd.. when a person is hungry all they have to do to relieve the pain is eat something. when they are full it takes literally hours to remove the comfortableness.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:38 PM   #10  
I restore Teeth.

I'm going to join you in doing a bad thing, except mine is really... bad.

I had some (but not a lot) of Burger King Whopper Jr. and fries. That's not the BAD part. The bad part is that I actually ate it in front of my now dieting-meticulously brother. I almost even taunted him. THAT'S BAD.
(FYI, he doesn;t really need to lose weight at all. He's small, at 5'4 and 130 lbs. Not fat at all, which is why I deicded to make fun of his diet "restrictions" in the first place)
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #11  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
It's not even enough food to gain any weight really.
That was the first thing I thought when I read this. I wouldn't even be concerned with it. I'd take it as a day off. Nothing's been blown here, no weight will be gained from this...except water weight from the excess sodium for a day or so. But you'll still maintain any losses from it.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:53 PM   #12  

I do this and do a recovery - you have to just realize it and not sulk - just say okay i am mature enough to know it was not good but also forgiving enough to move on and not let it empower my day. Good idea...just don't eat again till your hunry and it is all worked off.

I always take Sundays off - knowing sunday is at most 6 days away and I can have one-yum-whatevery-i-like-meal with extra whatever on the side ...on sunday - makes me behave all week (Usually!)
chickyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:28 PM   #13  
Happy New Rears!

Just remember how yucky you feel now, the next time you are tempted. It's just not worth it.

live and learn!
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:10 PM   #14  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I have to agree with everyone else here, these days do happen. Even after we reach our goal, there may still be days that we eat more than we should. Try not to beat yourself up too much.

I have such a day every week, actually it's planned and it's just one meal. Last night, my food of choice was pizza. It was delicious and fattening but it was one meal and I've eaten perfectly all week, so for the week, I still averaged 1,680 cals...my goal is to stay below 1700. I guess my point is that one bad meal doesn't have to wreck your weightloss. I know that disgusting feeling...it sucks and the feeling of fullness in your stomach sucks too. You've made a plan for next time, you've learned from what happened, and that is the important thing. You aren't alone, as you can see, we all have days like this.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:13 PM   #15  
Rop tú mo baile

thanks everyone, for your encouragement. I am kindof just hoping that this might give my metabolism a little kick..