Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #30

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #30

jules1216
10-20-2007, 04:28 PM
:I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Please pull up a chair and join us on our weight loss journey!!

:ghost::spid::badbat::bat::witch::sklol:

FrouFrou
10-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Hello ladies, and a Happy Saturday!

SASSY...sorry about the noisy neighbors...been there, done that. I hated living in an apartment and swore I would never do it again! Sometimes it's bad enough living in a house, lol! Hope you were able to get some sleep.

JULES...babies/children grow too stinking fast! Was just looking at pictures and told DD I wish there was a pill to make them stay small...they were too darn cute! Still are, lol.

SUSAN...speaking of families, lol. I'm not close to mine either, even though I try. We were all close growing up and then everyone went their own ways, well some of us did, lol. Anyway...would love to go to Seattle, jealous! Oh, thanks for the card and pictures...I LOVE them! And you look GREAT! I can't believe how big Gaby has gotten...she is tall! But a cutie...as are Rachel and Rebecca...love the red hair! They looked so happy on that cow train, lol! Love it!

HIYA KATY! Hoping all is well with you and yours.

HIYA CAROL, SUE, MICHELLE & KATHY...hope I didn't miss anyone.

Well, as I said, nothing special going on with me today. Have yet to start reading. Woke up at 4:30 a.m. again and couln't go back to sleep until about 7. Normally I would just get up but I did the same yesterday and I was sleepy. So didn't get up until 10, lol. I am getting my walking in...already did a 20 minute walk on the treadmill and will be doing more plus my 2 mile WATP. Received my last dvd and since tomorrow is a free exercise day for me I think I will try one of the dance ones...they look like fun, lol. Thought I would kill two birds with one stone sort of. Walk, time on computer, walk, computer, etc. lol. Hey, you do what ya gotta do, lol!

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!

Mom2Gaby
10-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Hola! I am back!!..........

And so the long weekend without Gaby begins!! hehe....

Jules, thanks for starting the new #30 thread!!

Cristina - You are welcome about the card and pic's. I never got a chance to download at sisters last night. If anyone wants a peek at the loonies email me an address. haha.....

Try and download with teens and toddlers running amok on a sugar high in the room..........

k- so I slept and listened to Rach whine a moan. Went to the store and bought a chicken for the soup.Beck called and was doing fine. Gab's dad called wanting to know if I wanted to go halloween costume shopping with him for Gab...:haphal:....and of course I didn't call him back. A trend??? lol ....I mean....buy the dang thing, make sure it fits and that is all I care about. His weekend....deal with it.....hmmm, ya...pmsing?? :p

Seattle is beautiful Cristine!! I have only driven through a few times but I love all the water.

I guess I will trek over to Powells (a huge bookstore in the PDX city) and find me a book to read. Carry on and wishing you all a fun weekend. :yoga::spid::witch:

RosieKate
10-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Jules - thx for the comment on my tootsies - er - blog :) I love those pictures. The sky was so blue that day...and it is so NOT today. It's the kind of weather where my hair just does what its going to do (friz) so why bother blowing it dry?

Susan - Smart woman- costume shopping is a rite of passage that I can live without. Have you ever been to Party City...just getting through the aisles of crappy toys and candy to get to the actual costumes bleh ...then all the ones the kids want cost 40 bucks - no way jose! We got lucky this year; I had the kiddoes on high alert - one step outta line and we were leaving I MEANT it!! Hee hee. They ended up with some cute stuff. It's amazing how sexy looking some of these wee girly costumes are - I mean, they DO have to go outside at some point to trick or treat? I'm not putting my five year old in fish nets...she ended up with a butterfly costume that can be worn over regular clothing. DS is going as a ninja...a peaceful one because I wouldn't buy him any weapons to go with it.
OH - please send me pictures...same old email...pm me if you don't have it. Would love to see what the girls are looking like these days!

Cristina - how's your day going? Did you get some reading in? I am supposed to be reading Team of Rivals - about Abraham Lincoln. It's really good, but I'm not making enough time to read it. My book group is going to discuss it over the next two months, so if I get cracking I won't be too far behind.

Today has just been run run run. I did bake some ezekiel bread today. DH and I got a great deal on a couple of wool jackets on JCPenny online. big fall blowout sale. Now I have to get the kitchen cleaned up and plan my SS lesson for tomorrow before I have to go pick up DS at a birthday party. Naturopath update: She added a sleep blend that has valerian and melatonin in it and I have been sleeping great! I'm still working on weaning myself off of coffee. Managed to get off of dairy completely. She thinks I'm not losing weight faster because of a sensitivity to wheat. Have to cut out refined wheat for sure, and cut waaay back on whole wheat. Now I'm exploring all the wonderful things I can do with spelt and oat flour. Despite how awful those things sound, she did say that I don't need to take a multivitamin. She looked at my food diaries and said they were some of the best she had seen and that she had maybe told 20 people ever that they did not need a multivitamin. Yippee!

Hi to everyone else! Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Sassy_Chick
10-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Hi Ladies.

Well Neighbors are quiet -- so far anyways!!! lol.

Hi Jules! :wave:

Susan -- You and I sound a lot alike in the family dept. I feel like an outsider too. Glad that you "survived" the party. ;)

Cristina -- TY. So far they are quiet tonight. Yeah I know that living in a house doesn't necessarily mean quiet. In our last place, we rented a house and our neighbors had kids that were heathens. Sounds like your still doing Marvelous Darling on the exercise. :belly: Wish we lived closer, you could keep me in line. lol. TY as well for the sweet card. :hug:

Hi Katy :wave: Glad you are doing well on your diet and finding out things. WTG! :)

All of you are doing very well!!! :cheer2: Well ladies. I am going to eat something as I have not eaten yet today. (been asleep) lol. My sleep schedule is totally out of whack now! And I go back to work on Monday night! lol. Oh yeah and loads of changes happening at work -- for the better! We have a new manager over us, he isn't new to the co. he is over another dept and is very good and very active in what we are doing and trying to get things to be a lot better, so I have hope now. :)

Have a Great Night and rest of the weekend!

:hug:

RosieKate
10-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Hi Sassy!

Hope the neighbrs weren't too loud and you were able to get a good night's sleep. You know, I'm kind of the oddball at my family gatherings as well. I do my own thing....everyone else just does something different :P DH and I are not into climbing the corporate ladder, big houses, vacation homes, and that seems to be the topics of conversation. Then someone will ask, Well what are you up to, Katy? And I'll say, oh I just knit some socks...or I spread a bunch of compost on my back yard, ....tends to shut down the conversation, lol!

Takes all kinds, right? We should all be proud to be different :)

Did a full day of dairy-free wheat-free Zone and it went ok. Ate a ton o' broccoli ;) Definitely slept well and did not wake up feeling bloated or with puffy eyes. Guess I am on the right track....

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Mom2Gaby
10-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Good Sunday!!

I am almost back to 170!! Yippeeeeee. October has not been kind. lol

Katy - lol - funny!! I was going to Halloween Spirts this morning. Seems Ex (the other Ex - haha) bought Gab a Power Ranger too small at Value Village. Now he can not exchange and she has a skin tight costume. I asked him "is it too small with her clothes on or off??" and he said "no clothes on"...hmmmmm, "she has to go outside in that outfit, she needs clothes on underneath....paper thin , you know???".......
Gads....he doesn't know. lol...........I should have called back but he will learn faster this way. Waited for HSpirits to open at 11am but they never did. Ex will have to do it. He says Gab is too scared to go in the store......if she wants the costume she will....pete sakes....I hate dressing up begging for candy......lol

Sassy -:hug: curious....are you a middle child?? I am.

k- off to do something....clock is ticking til Gab comes home. Chicken soup is delish and eating leftovers today.

Hi to everyone else! We miss you!!

chat later!

Sassy_Chick
10-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

I did get some sleep, I had to force myself to get up "early" and woke up with a headache. :headache: But I took two Excedrin Migraine and now its gone. I swear that is a wonder drug! lol. I I know it was a a caffeine headache as I haven't drank any pop in a while. I've only been drinking water! :carrot: So I'm sure that is why the Excedrin took it away, it has caffeine in it. But the thing is it works and no more headache and I didn't drink any pop. ;)

Katy -- Neighbors have been quiet. Maybe they heard me talking to DH complaining about how noisy they were. lol. Even the yappy dog has been quiet!!! :yikes: I'm the same way with my family. Most of them all still live in that same area. I always wanted to get out of there, its a very small town and I just wanted something different. Even though I now live in a small town, again, I am close to the city to do whatever I want, if I want. ;)

Susan -- Nope I'm an Only Child. So I guess I am all three: Oldest, Middle and Youngest. lol. But if you include my two stepsisters, I am the Oldest. lol. But I don't think I act like the oldest. lol. My step dad always called me his "baby girl" even though I was the oldest. lol. Dad's gotta love them. I sure do miss him. :angel:

Well everybody, take care and have a great night. Tomorrow night -- back to the old "grind" for me...........:dz:

Mom2Gaby
10-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Hola Chicka's !!!

Sassy - I love your signature! Way cute. I grew up the middle but always felt like an only child because no one wanted to hang with me. lol - Speaking of neighbors mine were *gasp* having some recreation in their bed last night. I felt ---> ewwww, violated. lol I usually don't stay up late and Gab and I sleep in the smaller bedroom so I was in the master watching tv and ....ya, whatever,,,,,,,

Hoisted myself onto the scale and it landed on 170!:goodscale Never again am I going to Arkansas and eating velvetta cheese. Evil happenings in the Ozarks.

Was in a tiff with Gaby's father last night about child support.I need to go pray about him because at the moment I can not stand him.

anyway - off to get some things done. It is beautiful here in Portland!! Would love to take Gab to the pumpkin patch again.

Hello to everyone :wave:and if you are passing through post and say howdy! We would love to have you!

FrouFrou
10-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Hello ladies...

Kind of a quickie here today. Busy running around this morning after a late start. Trying to find stuff to decorate for Josh's homecoming. There was a party store that changed, was actually changing the sign today, yikes! They have made it into a Halloween Warehouse-WTF! Just when I NEED party stuff! Not so much plates and such but some kind of decorations. So on to plan B if I can't find more stuff. Should be taking stuff off the walls in the main bath but that can wait until 3. V gets home at about 3:45'ish and he will be painting the bath and replacing the toilet. We bought new toilets for both baths a couple of months after moving in but haven't gotten around to changing them. The ones in this house are made for little people...they are low to the floor. Another house we bought after everything was done, ugh. So now we have to spend money to change it...or live with it. Plus the flusher thing is on the left instead of the right...or right as you are looking at it, but left to flush, lol. Anyway...going to get an early start tomorrow and try again and get some exercise in...have yet to do that also ugh! I hate days like this.

SUSAN...I like your siggy! I am glad that you added your highest weight...you should as you have come a long way baby!

HIYA KATY & SASSY! :wave:

More tomorrow ladies, ciao!

Sassy_Chick
10-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi Girls. :wave:

Susan -- TY and LOL about being "violated" lol. That is ewwww.....I agree. I was an only, but I always had lots of cousins around to play with. Infact one of my cousins I was raised with, so she is more like a Sister to me than a cousin. ;) But being an only, as you were saying being a middle, you learn to play alone, because well you have too. lol. Sorry to hear that Gaby's Dad is not coroporating with the child support. Ya know there was a Bengals Player here (NFL Player) who owed almost a million dollars in back child support??? :yikes: I was just noticing your weight stats below your signature and you are doing marvelous! You are a true inspiration. I know gaining weight isn't fun, no matter how many pounds it is, but I would kill to be 170!! Anywho, I think your doing great. ;) I hope you have a Good Evening.

Hi Cristina, Jules, Sue, Michelle, Katy, Carol, and anybody I may have missed! :wave:

Big :hug:

suetalks
10-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Quick hi...Just waiting for the rain to come. It is very overcast and the wind is picking up.

Have been on the phone several times today to my "baby boy" in San Diego. Worried mother here due to the fires raging out there. He assures me they are keeping an eye on things and will get out if they have to. My advice was to have your gas tank full and a bag packed of anything you can't live without. BE READY to evacuate if needed. He drives all over the area for work, but is grounded for now listening to the news reports. Promised to call me back in a few hours. I am praying for the boys and ALL of Southern CA.

Mom is better today, I on the other hand have had a bug. Thought I was better yesterday, then got weak. Thought I was better today, went to the bank and gas station, came home and had a dizzy spell and weakness. Hmmm...maybe I jumped the gun on this running around. The bug had a different idea. :)
I shall return...be good everyone.

RosieKate
10-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi all

My dairy-free/ wheat-free existence is going ok today. Fortunately WINE is an approved substance, lol! Drank some last night, yum. I improvised some homemade pizzas last night. I made one for the kids with whole wheat crust and cheese. I made a crust for me that was out of spelt flour and oat flour. Then I skipped the cheese and piled on fresh spinach, broccoli, roasted chicken and canned diced tomatoes. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, and an herb blend from Penzey's. It was really good!

Susan - Sorry about the ex, hope he gets with the program real soon. It is just gorgeous today. I took a walk around Gabriel Park and it was full of fall color as well as sunny and warm. Yay for getting back to 170...hopefully I will meet you there soon.

Cristina - toilets for midgets, eh? I bet you are SO excited for Josh to come home...heck - I'm excited for you....such a special time!

Sue - glad your mom is feeling better...hope you do too soon. Hope your son takes your advice about getting ready to go at a moment's notice. It is fire season in S. CA right now after all...he should be ready even if there weren't any fires close by, ya know? I'm sure he'll be alright; he sounds like a smart man.

OK - I may be heading for a breakthrough today in that I am getting ready to pack up the coffeemaker - Yikes - I can't be serious, right? I think I am going to do it. I have a Rival HotPot - heats up water really fast for tea. I'm going to keep that out on the counter to make tea and if I absolutely have to have a cup of coffee I'll use it to make up a french press. Turns out I really like a good nights' sleep. Thanks to the herbs the NP gave me, I have been sleeping really well and I am feeling kinda normal again. It's nice to feel like I have my old energy back. So, I'm feeling motivated to get over the caffeine addiction. We'll see how it goes.....

Mom2Gaby
10-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Hola, I am back....

Excuse my hola's. Rebecca says it all the time and I am just a 14 year old wanna be.

Thanks about the siggy! That is sweet. Just shows I had too much time yesterday on the computer :D I see others claim the weight they have already lost in years past.....doesn't make too much sense to me so I just claimed the weight in a different way.....kind of through the back door so to speak.....huh, she wrote what??? :dizzy:

Hi to Sassy and Cristina!! Excited for you and Josh's homecoming Cristina!!

Thanks for giving us an update on your mother Sue :hug:

I need to run and spend some time outside before I need to get the Gabster.

edit for Katy omg- no coffee?? Yikes..... :hug: :hug:.....it is soooooo nice today. My ex is a turd, he gets by with $33 a week and no way can I support the child on that amount. What sucks is he makes good money and if I ask for extra he acts like he is doing me a favor.....*snicker*....burns my butt.

k- off I go..... lol

Mom2Gaby
10-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Hola...........back again!

Good morning.........or is it?? I feel so stressed w/ my 16 year old, she wants to drop out of school. Met with the dean of students and he was very impressed with her grades, considering she has missed classes she is pulling in A's.
Course her father was there and turns it around to him,him,him.Poor thing. I only care about Rach, he needs to grow up! Argh,,,so she stomped out and he stomped out and we probably look like a bunch of loons. I just leaned forward and said "do you have my telephone number??" He didn't so I gave it to him. Cute dean....lol. ....jk.....

Annoyed with the other ex too. We have a teachers meeting at 7pm in 2 weeks and another meeting about Gab's speech in 3 weeks at 3:15pm with the principal and speech teacher.
I guess the Ex decided he can't make it to the 3:15pm meeting - so is seeing just the teacher tomorrow night. WhatEVER,,,,,,,I am not going.
He has 3 weeks to get off work if he wants to attend and we are meeting with the teacher in 2 weeks anyway ,,,,,annoys me he is asking the teacher for an appt at 7 when she has to make a special effort to come into school. Besides without everyone there what is the point?

argh......

I had 1/2 a bagel this morning. Rach spent the night and we were all late in getting ready.

Katy- The pizza sounds yummy!!

k- going to slink away and adjust my attitude! lol

FrouFrou
10-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Hello ladies...

Sorry for yet another quickie. Too much running around again today. I'm afraid that the rest of the week will be much of the same. Think I may have a break in there some time tomorrow to do individuals. I am pooped to say the least!

Got up early to get my exercise out of the way...been slacking in the early bird department. Wasn't used to getting up at 5:30 but I did and then the weather changed and it was still dark out. Excuses, excuses...I just started to enjoy sleeping in until 9 what can I say, lol? Anyway...

HI to EVERYONE and I hope everyone is having a good day! See ya tomorrow for sure! :wave:

Sassy_Chick
10-24-2007, 12:26 AM
A Quickie just to say :wave: and I hope you all are doing well.

RosieKate
10-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Ugh - overslept and missed water aerobics, guess I'll try to get a walk in while DD is at school...

Susan - Thx for the great pics - you and the girls look like you are having a great time! beautiful day at the Pumpkin patch

Off to another busy day...HI to everyone! Have a good one

jules1216
10-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi all!! I channeled my inner Katy and painted the baby's dresser. I used a "true blue" and then stenciled moon & stars in "sky blue" & "bright yellow" I will try to add a pic when they get downloaded. It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. I also washed all the blankets and 0-3 month clothes. my mom brought the crib up to Teri's apartment on Sunday and we got it set up complete with the celestial bedding and everything was put away in the dresser by Sunday night. (Ry helped put the crib together as Dave stood back and watched before going back to playing his video games.....sigh....) Needless to say it was a busy weekend!! Work exploded on Monday with the one person getting sick and another on vacation. Avon was late and showed up last night to be worked up. It's breaktime so I thought I'd pop in quick. I promise to be back tonight to do individuals!!

Mom2Gaby
10-24-2007, 03:33 PM
hmm, you are channeling your inner :yoga:Katy , Jules?? Can we all?? I think we should all have a day others channel us, don't you?? It would make BIK unique. haha

btw - are you doing Avon??

Gads......I get side tracked really fast. Must be Katy in life form coming up and saying hello at the library.......or I am really good at channeling :yoga:

I will just say again Katy....you look marvelous (and this is where you write back Katy ..."you look marvelous too Susan,my hero!!! - lol - )! I don't think you have to lose weigt at all(honest).

L is a doll too, what a cutie.

I woke up with a terrible headache. I was trying to track my Rach down last night and ended up dialing my brother :yikes: He is such a turd, he was the last person I wanted to talk with after 9pm. lol....he is just the meanest :censored: I ended up crying after I hung up and I called my sister and said I have no brothers. He doesn't know me but talks like he has the inside track...........*GASP* You think he is channeling me??? Better not be.....lol

So to sooth my soul I went and bought a toasted onion bagel w/ turkey on it. Used up all my calories for the day.....but I don't care. It was sooooo good and weird but I have been craving diet coke too.

k- better get.....

Hello to everyone!!:wave:

FrouFrou
10-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Hiya Chickies...

JULES...the dresser sounds so cute! Love the colors!

SUSAN...can't remember if I said WTG on the loss/being at 170, good job!

KATY...I did get some reading done. I get mad at myself because I have so many books I want to read and have started 2, lol. Reading 90 Minutes in Heaven and Night. After the first two chapters of 90 Minutes I was disappointed in it, very skeptical. But I will finish it.

HIYA SUE & SASSY!

Another busy day, more running around and I am dragging. I think I am taking a break from the exercise today...I just feel...blah. Thought exercising and eating right was supposed to make one feel better...I feel tired. Going to the doc for a checkup soon and will see if something is up. I don't think so but ya never know. Have to go to the dentist and the booby doc too, ugh! I've been doing good with it so a day or two off every now and then won't hurt me.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

RosieKate
10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Susan- put down the bagel and step back slowly...hands in the air missy! Sorry he's a turd...don't let him ruin your day. and yes you DO look marvelous...you DON'T look like you need to lose weight.

Me, OTOH, I weigh 180 and I just hide it really well under jackets :P My NP says that getting some weight off will help regulate my hormones. I've read that other places, so I guess there is something to it. I just want to sleep - that's all. Is that too much to ask?

I'm waiting for a bunch of dairy-free/wheat-free cookbooks to come in at the library. I thought they were supposed to be there today and they weren't - drat. Then I realized I forgot my ballots that I was supposed to drop off, so I have to go back anyway.

Jules - the dresser sounds so cute! Are you going to post some pictures? I need to channel an inner me...I don't feel like I am getting much done today...

Hi Cristina, Sassy, Sue (hope your son is staying safe)

Sassy_Chick
10-24-2007, 11:10 PM
Hi Chicks! :chicken:

BOREEDD.......I'm at work. Wanna go home already! lol. Only 9 more hours to go! :woohoo: lolllllll.

Well guess what? We have NEW RECLINERS! :D NO more broken down, hand-me down, crappy couch! :dance:

Now we just need a house or condo!!! :D

I hope everybody is doing well. BIG BIG :hug: to all

Susan -- Awww sorry your brother so mean to you. :hug:

Jules -- Take a breath hon! lol. You've been a busy girl. Can't wait to see the pics of the dresser. UGH don't you hate it when your short at work, lots of girls have been sick here. They can just keep their germs to themselves thanks! lol.

Cristina -- BIG BIG :hug: to Josh when you see him! I am so excited for you! :D

Hi Miss Katy. ;)

Hi :wave: to all of those MIA, we miss you!

jules1216
10-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Quicky again during break--took work home with me last night and didn't even touch the internet at home!!

Just wanted to say hi!!

Mom2Gaby
10-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Wanted to check in.

I had 1/2 a bagel this morning, shared the other half with Rachel. I also had an early lunch - $1 burger at Carl Jr's, it was pretty good. Now I feel thristy.

Cristina - take it easy!! You have been go going so much.I am sure once Josh gets home you will be able to relax! Excited for you!! :) Thanks about the 170. Personally I am disgusted with the whole thing, if I can just lose 1 pound this month, I swear *&%$#.

Katy - I was thinking......that really I am probably already 150. I figure 20 is just in flab......lol . Jacket or not you do look great!!

Sassy - awww, thanks. My brother is a butt. He has a darling family though...lol

Jules - slooooow down!! Come chat sweetie!!

I know, I don't feel very cheery. I spent 6 hours at the hospital w/ Rach yesterday. She fainted at my house and I took her through urgent care. Turns out she has a bladder infection - they did an MRI to check her brain, she felt pressure. Lalalalala..........we were there forEVER, took 90 minutes just to get back to a room.....didn't get home til after 8pm and by now I am in a tizzy, cranky.

k- off I go again. It is nice but cool today. I feel an urge to go walk off this burger :(

chat at you all later :hug::hug::hug:

Mom2Gaby
10-25-2007, 04:57 PM
When I was a Susie Q I looked like this,,,,haha. I was at my 135 goal back in Feb - 2000.......anyway - just found them at an old parenting group I use to belong too.

FrouFrou
10-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...yeah, it's almost over. Josh will be home tomorrow and the running around so much will be done with, thank goodness.

So sorry to hear about Rachel, hope she is okay. That would have scared the crap outta me! Never knew a person could faint from a bladder infection, must have been bad. Sorry you had to wait 6 hours as well. That does make one crabby for sure. :hug:

And I agree with Katy...I don't think you look like you need to lose anything! But...you know what you are comfortable with so who am I to say. But you do look GREAT! And I would love to be at 170 missy!

KATY...you look GREAT as well! I didn't think you looked like you are at 180! You ladies are looking good for sure! I'll be there before ya know it, but then you guys will be less, wah! Lol

SASSY...woohoo! New recliners! Hey, you'll get a new condo or house soon enough missy! Hope you are feeling better today.

JULES...you too have been busy, busy, busy! Hope you can come out and play soon, lol!

Well, ladies it is time for Jeopardy...can't miss it, lol. Probably won't post tomorrow since I have a few things to get done before going to get Josh at the airport. Going to try and get up early to geet my exercise in before I start the day. Haven't done any today but I do plan on it after Jeopardy. Just been so busy and feel run down. Chat later ladies.

Have a good day!

FrouFrou
10-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Forgot to say...GREAT pictures Susan!

suetalks
10-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Hello everyone...Sorry to be so lazy lately. I have been home most of the time, just not a thing to report about my boring life. And especially NO weight loss. Nothing seems to be "normal" right now. Ah, well...

My son is well thank goodness. I feel so bad for those who are not as fortunate in So Cal. Horrible tragedy.

Mom and I have both been okay the last few days, finally. She sees her heart Dr. on Monday, but we don't anticipate anything new. We did go shopping briefly yesterday so she could buy new drapes for her bedroom. I hung those today, but will take them down tomorrow and iron them. Just wanted to make sure they fit and that she liked them before we ironed them. :)

Rainy, gray weather of Fall here....brrrrr. Not much exercise, biked yesterday and it was way too windy to stay on the bike, so I didn't. LOL Walked with DH tonight and it was windy, but we managed a brief trek.

Feeling blah and down, but it will pass. Don't think my bug left me in good spirits..or something. I so enjoy all the "chatter" here. So keep it up and I will do individuals soon. (I ramble on too long as it is)

suetalks
10-25-2007, 10:38 PM
I must say to Cristina- I am celebrating Josh's homecoming with you...in spirit. YAY!!!

Susan- Hope Rach is doing better. Sorry for your 6 hour wait in the ER. Not a fun way to spend the day.

Hope the rest of the kindergarten girls are doing well.

Sassy_Chick
10-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Morning Chicks. :chicken:

Our new chairs are so comfy! Our cat LOVES them because now he can go from chair to chair sitting in our laps. My cat and I were sitting in my chair watching the waltons together. He was all sprawled out........lol

I was looking at some catalogs I got in the mail "dreaming" about our house we are going to get and how to decorate it.........I know it will happen, just have to be patient, but patience is something I don't have a lot of unfortunately! lol.

Also my mom had her interview today with her old boss and my mom has a new job starting Nov. 12th (would have been my Grandma's bday) and she is going to be making decent money. I'm so very happy for her.

Susan -- BIG BIG :hug: I hope Rach is okay. Love the pics, thanks for sharing!

Cristina -- Glad things are coming together for ya and I know Josh is going to have a great visit!

Jules -- :wave: Don't work too hard!

Hi Sue -- I hear ya about being Blah and Down.........I think its all the rain we've been getting here for me anyways. I know we needed it though......and I know the people in CA could def. use it. Feel bad for them, we have lots of customers out there, so we've heard about it.

Big :hug: to those who need it right now and those who are MIA.

I hope you all have a Great Friday!

RosieKate
10-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Good Morning!

Cristina - enjoy your homecoming with Josh today...big hugs to everyone!

Susan- Glad Rach is ok..ugh urgent care, I'm glad it's there, but it can be a long haul if it's not life threatening. Seems like I need to go there once a month for SOMETHING...lol...son always thinks he's dying of something....I like your pics...you look just as great now, really. The extra will come off , just have to keep working and believing, right? I need to take my own advice!

Sue - I was just looking at my DD's curtains, thinking "gee I need to iron those!" Really. I made these cute reversible pink and blue curtains for her new room out of an extra set of sheets. I put them up, then just never took them down. They are a little wrinkly. I may do that today... Glad your son is okay...S.CA could use all our prayers....the pictures on the evening news have been quite sobering.

Sassy - :hug: don't let the weather get you down! I know it's hard not to. Those chairs sound so comfy. My dad and his wife have a hisnhers set -- I call them "the thrones", lol!

Jules! Hi - hope work has eased up a bit for you. The baby's room sounds so delightful...makes me want to go out and get knocked up so I can do another nursery...they are so much fun... but I don't really want another baby...I was kidding. Really. Can we see pictures?

Well, my caffeine-free, dairy-free, wheat-free life has been depressing me a little. I'm doing ok getting to the df/wf part (believe it or not) but I think I really have the makings of a first class caffeine addiction. I slipped up and had a fully caffeinated tall cup of Starbucks and you'd think I was a junkie getting a fix or something...my hands even shook a little. But it tasted so good! Perfect beverage for a chilly fall day. Then...I paid the price with a bad night of sleep, even with the herbs. I know I just have to break this cycle...just had an off day I guess.

A little success...I made some muffins for dinner last night that were quite tasty. I substituted a mixture of spelt and oat flours and whole oats for the grains in the recipe. I've also used the spelt/oat flour to make pizza dough. It's different, but still good, imo.

Thanks for letting me grumble .....BBL
Have a good day gals!

jules1216
10-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Katy--Work will slow down again in January& Feb Actually August - November is the extreme busy time then it goes through the slow time and then to a manageable level the rest of time. I have to download the pics of the crib onto the computer and then I will post them. I have a really hard time giving up caffiene. I can do it for awhile and then one drink will get me started. I know my weight regain can be linked to drinking Coke again. I have to get back to my 6-8 bottles of water again. I will try to find a pizza recipie from a vegan friend of mine. The dough is made with spelt flour and she uses a cashew cheese and veggies to top it--it is really good!! I have the cashew cheese recipie too.

Sassy--when Ry and his cat Hobbs first moved in with Teri & Coco he hid. Then he discovered the bookcase and the fact that he could jump from the arm of the couch to the top of the bookcase that is near a huge window. He also likes the wide window sills in the apartment.

Sue--hope you beat the blahs soon. How are the fall colors in Indidana. We've got some but due to the drought conditions its no the ful show we usually get, it's still pretty too. It's been raining for a few days but we really need it. It's going to get in the mid to upper 30's over night this weekend--I guess I will finally jave to bring my plants in for the winter. They do so much better outside in the fresh air!!

Cristina--so excited for you that Josh is home. Tony goes back in the service in January--he is trying to get stationed in Washington state. Hubby and I watch Jeopardy together--one of the few shows we both watch together.

Suzy!--you are still and will always be my SuzyQ!! You are still a cutie!! Poor Rach, hope she gets to feeling better and poor you--I hate sitting in the emergency room. The wait time at the one in this area is 3-6 hours before they even get you back unless you are a true emergency.

My allergies are really bothering me today even with the rain. I feel like going back to bed, but instead its off to get the mail and groceries. Have a great day everyone!!

PS:Whatever happenned to Michelle??

Mom2Gaby
10-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Hola, good morning!!

Sue :hug::hug::hug: Praying for you, hang in there!!

Cristina - YAY!! Happy Homecoming to JOSH!!!:hat::celebrate::celebrate:

Sassy - aww, don't you love your kitties?? I love my Momo, he is so sweet. When he was living at my mothers she would pick his fleas off with a tweezers. Now that I have him he is free of that and my mom says I spoil him because I don't do it. haha.....

Katy - What time of day were you drinking coffee?? Weird but I crave the diet coke w/ ice. Good luck on reading all those books!! Gads, girl. lol

Jules.. - aww, I was always be your Suzy Q?? lol.........k, we will leave it at that!!! lol :joker: I have Michelle's home address from the time she mailed me some Napoleon Dynamite stuff. I will drop her a card and see if she pops in here! Not sure where she wondered off too. :hug: How goes the allergies today??

So, Rach is in my bed not feeling well. Not sure if the fainting was her bladder or what. She put herself on birth control several weeks ago and has been spotting ever since. If I could control her actions she would be locked up in my house 24/7. I know she is sneaking smokes too:smoking::smoking: and basically causing her parents extreme worry. So.......blah. She promised to get back to school Monday , so cross fingers.

I had a piece of toast and some roast beef for breakfast, that was good. Been eating a lot of acorn squash for dinner - so yummy! I guess my fancy thoughts of losing weight without exercise is not going to happen :tantrum: - so I shall get a plan to do something...............tomorrow....lmao....*wah.. ....

k- off to Subway and lunch for the girls. Working on Gaby's homework today.Her father dropped by with some child support and we agreed he could have her tomorrow night.

hugs to all :hug:

FrouFrou
10-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Happy Friday Ladies!

Well, thanks for all the well wishes! Josh didn't come home today after all, the turd. He called me yesterday at 4 p.m. our time and said he got the dates mixed up, WHAT?! UGH! So got on the computer and phone fast, thank goodness I did when I did...changed the reservations and he will be home Sunday. He was supposed to home the 27th of Oct and return Nov 25th...he got them reversed. He did try calling me a couple of times but I didn't get the phone call the first time and there was a bad connection the second and thrid time. Geez, louise! So it will be Sunday afternoon...another overnight flight.

SUE...sorry you have a case of the blahs. :hug: And glad to hear DS is well. I have some friends in CA, they too are fine, thank goodness...one is in Canyon Country. Too scary.

SASSY...glad you guys and the kitty are enjoying the new recliners.

JULES...love the new avatar! Ryan looks silly but I love it!

SUSAN...I do hope Rachel is fine. Hey, I think it's a good thing she put herself on BC. Too many times girls don't do anything and then end up pregnant at a very early age. We can't be with them 24/7 all we can do is guide them in the right direction and hope they listen. I think you are doing a fabulous job with the girls, especially with the ex in the picture. Hope you guys enjoyed your day.

KATY...you are doing better than I am. I have slacked on the caffeine but I think I would die without any. I would be crazy! Oh wait, I already am without it, lol!

Anywho...I was up bright and early and managed to get my exercise done! Woohoo to me, lol! Josh not coming home today actually afforded me a little more time to do things. DD and I were putting yellow ribbons in the big maple out front laughing. I was just going to do the bottom part, where I could reach and she said no you have to do the top, lol. We got the ladder out so we could reach the top. Still a couple of places we couldn't so V will have to when he gets home. I hope the balloons last until Sunday though. Got 4 yellow ones for outside and then red/white/blue ones and two that say WELCOME HOME that just happen to be red/white & blue. He is going to laugh but I think it will make hime feel good. Sooooo...ciao for now ladies!

Have a GREAT day/weekend!

Jane
10-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Just a pop-in to make sure you saw the Bios sticky at the top of the page. There is an area reserved just for your group, if any of you would want to list your bios.

Sassy_Chick
10-27-2007, 12:50 AM
Hi all.

Thanks for all the kind words about my kitty and our chairs. He is simply in heaven. lol. Yes we love our kitty and we do tend to spoil him because he is our "baby" since we don't have any babies of our own and since our other "baby" died in March. So now he rules the roost around here and he is lovin it. lol.

I will have to load some of the pics we have taken of him on the chairs and add as my avatar. lol.

Well I hope you all are doing well and BIG :hug: to those MIA.

Mom2Gaby
10-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Hola! Good Saturday!!

omg - Cristina. I would be in a tizzy with Josh. lol Waiting for a certain date and now having to wait some more - argh.I would be pissed but it really doesn't take much with me - haha :hat: Cheers to Josh when he does arrive home safely.

I had 1/2 a bagel for breakfast and was happy with that. Chili sounds good this weekend with it being so cool outside......hmmm, with some cornbread too.

I had Gaby going to her after school Halloween party this morning but she didn't want too. Wow....so we didn't. I thought she would. We might hit the pool before she goes this afternoon with her father.

The R's father heads for surgery next Friday. All these exs.....lol. The sweetest is the Hawaii Man, he calls nightly and we chat about nothing. Kind of like a Sienfield show....happy with nothings and entertained too. :D

k- now that I have babbled enough I shall go get my Gabster ready for the day. I did get some *skinny* capris on today! I had to lay down on the bed to do it but still counts! yahoo - looking for a 169 by Wednesday!

Sassy - would love to see the kittie!!

Hi to everyone else and :hug::hug: to you all !!

FrouFrou
10-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Hiya ladies...

SUSAN...I was mad for about 3 seconds, lol! Then realized I HAD to get on the phone and change them fast! Dont' know what he was thinking waiting until the last minute! It's hard for me to be mad at him espeically since he has been thru so much and gone for so long. OMG! Chili and cornbread DOES sound good! I would change the menu for dinner but it's too late and everyone has their stomaches set on tacos, lol. Did you say pool?! OMG! With the wind here today it is really chilly and I am not dressed for it. I have my exercise capri's on and they are far from being warm! And speaking of capri's...:woohoo: to you getting in the skinny ones! :bravo: Sorry to hear about the ex...hope all goes well with the surgery.

SASSY...love looking at pictures so anytime you want to share with us would be GREAT!

HI ya everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on here today. Did some cleaning and putting things away. I have been so disorganized lately. Also getting some laundry done. Did get in a 2 mile walk and my WATP...boy is it too easy to just not want to exercise. I gotta keep going though...I think I can, I think I can...anywho...whatever you are doing today in your little corner of the world I hope you are enjoying yourself!

Have a good one ladies! See ya Monday sometime :wave:

Mom2Gaby
10-27-2007, 07:50 PM
You're a saint :angel:Cristina. I would have been upset for at least 5 seconds! Don't you love your Josh though?? You sound like such an awesome mother. Praying he is well and safe.

Just handed Gaby over to her father. She was happy to go and get away from crabby me. lol She is so cute. I did make cornebread muffins but didn't get to the chili. It sounds so yummy though!!

Becky wants to go to Astoria tomorrow to see her boyfriend bike in a race. I would love to - lets see if I get my second wind!

k- lets see if I can go home and park the car and go for an afternoon walk!! That is my plan.

:hug:chat later.

Sassy_Chick
10-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi Girls. :wave:

Dragging me away from my comfy chair again. UGH. lol. Wish there was a way to bring the computer to my chair or my chair to the computer.........Hmmmmmmm. lmao! J/K!

Not much to say today, except ouch because my back has been killing me, I think its the weather change. But thats okay I'll take it if it means its finally fall time and going to stay that way! lol.

I'll have to get my DH to get my photos off my phone to show you all. ;)

RosieKate
10-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Hi All!

Only have uno minuto....DD is going to the fall festival at our church w/ DH and I have to help her put on her butterfly wings...so cute!

I did yoga/hi-lo aerobics back to back this a.m., and I am gonna feel it tomorrow! Yikes! Then we were on to a soccer game, and I am taking the ninja boy to a Halloween party tonight...

No rest for the wicked ...hee hee

Hope you are all having a good weekend!

jules1216
10-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Katy--you are doing really great with your exercise!! All the business sounds fun.

Sassy--I love fall but I hate the cold that follows. Makes me achy too.

SuzyQ--Do Beck and her friend still have the same boyfriends from before? Ah, the sweetness of puppy love. The bike race sounds fun. Your walk is good. Your doing good too.

Cristina--Hug Josh for us.

Well I am going back to bed...don't know why I am up so early when I don't have work. I am going to try to go back to bed--I really feel yucky...scratchy throat, watery eyes, runny nose....

Mom2Gaby
10-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Hola! Beautiful Sunday here!!

Sassy - How is the back pains today? Ouch, praying for you :) I took pictures of my kitty with my cell last night......lol, I also put his pic in a space outfit (as part of the special tools on the phone) ....and ya.....I really had nothing else better to do.

Katy- Butterfly wings sounds adorable. Curious where you can buy colorful leggings for little girls?? I thought I noticed cute ones on L? My Becky and her girlfriends went to the haunted house last night at your church, she said they had fun.

Jules - Becky has her boyfriend of over a year. Very sweet young man that thinks the world of Becky. They are planning their German wedding and she packs their lunches, he was doing it for them but, I guess they take turns. :o Rach broke up w/ her's over the summer.

Cristina - Josh make it home?? Very excited for the time you all will spend together.

Splurged a little today with french toast and a serving of hashborwns. I didn't know potatoes could taste so good!! YUM. So, I need to be careful for the rest of the day. Acorn sounds good and lots of water too! Have fingers crossed that I will get to 169 and finally am out of the clouds that I can do this weight loss thing without exercise - haha.........grrrrrrrr.

Going to go and enjoy the sunny day and wait for Gab to get home.

Hello to everyone!!

Mom2Gaby
10-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Hola Chicka's!

Trust you are all enjoying your Sunday. It is beautiful here in Portland today, warm, sunny and the fall colors are awesome!!

I walked 2 miles!! Yipeeeee me. I also raked leaves around my little dwelling and it looks so nice now. I need to work on the side of the building now , many branches have fallen down and makes it look so untidy.

Becky has been busy carving pumpkins and watching Casper. Rach lost her cell phone and is going wacko. I just want Gaby, she is my sunshine. .....I am the moon, Rach is the thunder....Beck is the ....hmmm, breeze.....lol. ...whatEVER. I think I am enjoying my diet coke alittle too much, makes me happy, happy.

I am going to enjoy a dinner of veggies and some steak.Did great on my water - 70 oz's so far. Actually I think that is all I am going to drink.

Looking forward to the week starting and weigh in tomorrow!!

HUGS to you all!:hug:

RosieKate
10-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Good morning!
Susan- glad your girls liked the HH...the teen group puts that on every year, and from what I hear, they REALLY get into it!..DH took the kids to the fall festival last night, but James didn't think he was quite up to the HH. He heard there "was some guy chasing people around with a chain saw" made him a little nervous :D Kids did crafts and bobbing for donuts, etc. Hey - there's going to be trick or treating in the Village this year...fyi..think it starts at 3:30... we might go round 4ish..gl w/ weigh in...I bet it's a good one, you've had a good week from the sound of things.

Jules - LOVE the avatar! The tattoo looks great! Hope it stays that way after the babe pops out. Teri a young' un and they all get their tummies back don't they?

Sassy - hope your back is feeling better...watch out for those comfy chairs...get a laptop and a remote and you'll never get up again, lol!

Cristina - I know you are having a great time w/ Josh so Hi to you when you get a chance to check in. Sent you a pm.

I caught the last half of NIA yesterday and stayed on to take the cardio salsa class. Felt good to get back in the groove, so to speak. While I haven't slacked off on exercise, I haven't been pushing it either. It's nice to get a good sweat! Food was ok, I had some baguette w/ butter which is not on the program, but it tasted really good! Then baked up a piece of cod for dinner and called it good. I kept my mitts out of the kids' goody bags and didn't eat any of the cakewalk cake they won at the carnival. Yes, there was a carnival and a fall festival this weekend...and DS went to a Halloween party and a birthday party! Somewhere in there there was a soccer game as well. We bailed on the second soccer game - No mas! Now I have to gear up for DD's bday on 10/31, which means cleaning the house. oh joy. Now you know what I am doing for the next two days!

OK - kids are up - gotta go. Have a good one, ladies!

Mom2Gaby
10-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Hola Chicka's!!!:chicken:

How come we only have a rooster? Wassup with that?

Katy- Cardio salsa class sounds like fun! I love dancing with the stars and reading how they all lose weight with dancing. I was planning on the village this Halloween and was going to take Gab to a church for indoor activities later that evening. Her father wants to take her to Gladstone to trick or treat his fathers but seems too far to me. We'll see. Did you make L's costume?? Sounds cute!!

It has been kind of a cloundy morning. Not weatherwise, brainwise - lol. Rach has been staying with me for the past week and it has been difficult to adjust too. Half the time I am tracking her down and the other half listening to her whine.This morning she did manage to get to school, thank goodness. Her father called on her cell and the cost to replace is $240. Ummm, she will have to do without - ha.

Weigh In :goodscale and woo hoo to 169 I am so pleased with that pound!!! Gads, took forever.

Cristina -:celebrate::celebrate: Hope Josh and family is having an awesome homecoming!! Thinking of you all :)

Better get. I have to get serious about job hunting with 8 weeks to go until I have to file unemployment.

You all have a GREAT day!!

FrouFrou
10-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Hello ladies...

Man, is this computer slow today...don't know if it's the computer or the site. Has taken me 30 mns at least to sign in, answer a pm and read this thread, yikes!

SUSAN...silly woman. I am far from being a saint missy, lol! I just love my kids A LOT and would do anything for them. Even when I get mad it's not for very long. WTG on you reaching 169! :bravo: :woohoo: And good job on the walking and yardwork. Will R & R be dressing up for Halloween?

KATY...jealous of all the carnivals and such. Guess I don't notice much of that going on here with not having kids in school. Shoot, I don't even know if they have any...you would think they would say in the paper. I know they have some trick or treat things for the kids to keep them off the streets. Guess I could just show up without kids, lol! They would think I lost my mind, lol. WTG on the exercise! You were one busy momma this weekend!

HIYA JULES & SASSY...hope you ladies are well.

Josh did make it home, woohoo! It was so good seeing him at the airport. This time he looks more healthy...he's been lifting weights. He's not muscular but looks better. Last time he was home he was on the skinny side...never had seen him that skinny before. He was happy to get home too! He's sleeping now, like a baby, ahhhh. He was up all night because he couldn't sleep so finally layed down and was out. Just hope he's not up all night again.

Did get in a 3 mile walk in the neighborhood. It was cold this morning so I waited until 11...it was the perfect temp. It is so nice out...love the 70's! That's about all I have...nothing else going on. Was going to take Josh to the mall to get some clothes since he has nothing but shorts. It was nice to me yesterday but since arriving he has been cold. Guess we will do that tomorrow. Anywho...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
10-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Hola Cristina!!

Great that Josh is finally home! :carrot: Is he stationed in Hawaii still??

I managed 2 miles today. I also have a sore arm from yesterdays raking, pulled muscle?? Old age has finally arrived! I use to get out there and work for hours in the yard.

I think it is the site, takes forever to get around....and you click on something and get all the way kicked out and have to start over again. :?:

Becky is going to be Wilma (to her boyfriends Fred) and Rach wants to be a *lutty cleopatra............hoped I spelled that right. Anyway, it was cute the way she asked for that but the answer was no. I am going as a scary mom.....haha.....

k- adios again! Making meat loaf for dinner and just want to spend some quite time with Gaby. We had fun playing I-Spy last night. I taught her to say "Susan, do you have a duck?"...and I say "Why, no I don't Gaby,,,,go fish".....hmmm, it was cute.

Sassy_Chick
10-30-2007, 05:21 AM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

Only one more day after today (Tues.) its :bat: Halloween :witch:.

My back feels better, still kinda achy, but just think that its the weather changing, it got down to freezing lastnight and its pretty close now! 37 (F)! My night/morning at work (so far) has been pretty good, pretty steady so it has went fast, so far anyways. lol. I was in a terrible mood though before work today. Just one of those days where did not want to get up and get moving. lol. But once I did I was okay. lol.

Cristina -- :woohoo: Glad Josh is home! :congrat:

Suzy Q --- WTG Girlie! :carrot:

Katy Did (Got that From the Movie, Mermaids :p) -- Cardio Salsa! Woooo Muy Calente' lol. ;) Ya know I seen this ad on tv for a program called "hip hop abs" looks interesting but dunno if I am coordinated enough to do it! :dizzy: lol. Yeah maybe it was a mistake to get the comfy chairs! Maybe we should have just gotten rid of the furniture period and bought exercise equipment! Imagaine that coming into my living room, no chairs, no sofas, just exercise equipment.......Hmmmmm......lol!!!!

Hi Sue, Michelle, Jules, and anybody else out there I may have forgotten!!!! :wave:

My DH came and brought me some hard candies I've been wanting. Just a few, not a lot. ;) I had a thought. (I know scary, right?) I think I'm going to begin making my own low-fat/low cal healthy meals on my nights off and freezing them. I was gonna start buying those healthy frozen meals, but thought I could do a much better job. :)

Can I ask you all a few questions concerning food, if you don't mind? I probably have asked before, so forgive my absentmindness. :dizzy:

What are you favorite quick n' healthy meals to make?

Snacks? Desserts (Low Cal/Low Fat/Low Sugar)

Also a good friend of mine made some home-made Spanish Rice for my DH, Spanish Rice is my absolute favorite. But how can I make it healthier? Brown Rice? Any tips, recipes, etc, would be greatly appreciated!!!! :D

Thanks Ladies, yes once again dear Sassy is gonna try to do better. (I'm not giving up!!!!) :carrot:

I had another thought too. (I know amazing!!! Two Thoughts in a ROW!) :woohoo:

I am going to try my hand at really giving it my 110%, yes once again at losing weight and see how it goes. My goal is to lose 50 lbs by Spring! I don't think that is too high of a goal, or do you think its too low??? I would love to lose more than that of course!!! lol.

I want to do better and succeed this time. I refuse to give up. I know I could and should be a "skinny minnie" by now, but the main thing is I do not give up and keep getting up when I "fall" and by coming here and getting your all's support, I can't give up, its impossible! Plus I think you all would be at my door if I did! LOL!!! (:love: ya all)

Anywho there it is, my "plan". Maybe that is why I have failed before, I didn't have a specific enough plan? I dunno. Anyways. I want to succeed this time. I honestly and truly do! So please pray, cross your fingers, toes and eyes for me that this time I succeed!!!! :^:

Thanks for listening to me "ramble"!!!!!

BIG BIG BIG :hug:

RosieKate
10-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Hey chicas....

Darn it Susan you're right...here's the closest thing I found to a chickie :egg:..then there's these little guys :thanks2: but that's really stretching the definition..oh I just kind of liked this one :tied: Supposed to be "tonguetied", but I think it looks like "I puked". We need a Chickie emoticon for the 3FC site, don't we? let's start a petition! Hey - congrats on 169..I knew you'd do it!

Cristina..Glad Josh made it home safe and sound..have a great visit! I don't know if any of you have tried this for slow loading problems, but I downloaded and installed Firefox recently and it is way faster than internet explorer. I use it for this site in particular, and it is much much faster and smoother than before. If you google Mozilla Firefox, you'll find it and it's FREE! It's not going to mess up your computer. It's loaded on all the computers in my son's lab at his school. It will only become your default browser if you select it. I pinned it to my "Start" menu and I just select it instead of internet when I want to use it.

Sassy - we are all here for you! Yeah, switching to brown rice will be more nutritious than white, but it won't cut any calories. I like to cook up about 6 or so cups of brown rice and reheat it throughout the week with different dishes. This also works with bulghur and quinoa, which are whole grains that are very healthy. They are prepared the same way as rice, have about the same calories. If you have a little bit of one of these, then some lean meat and a big salad, there's your quick healthy meal. I cook up a roast or a chicken and eat of it for several days this way.

You haven't failed...every time you try you are learning something about yourself and what you need to do to be healthy...it takes a long time to learn these things and our culture does not make it easy. You will do what you need to do and don't forget that! We are all here to cheer you on!

Enough of my :soap:. I have so much time to post today because Leigh is home sick AGAIN with strep AGAIN. And tomorrow is her birthday, so we are crossing our fingers that she will be well enough to go to school for the class party. I told her that if she has to stay home that we will open her presents in the morning. She seemed to be okay with that. She won't be contagious by tomorrow, but if her tonsils are still huge, I'm keeping her at home. I still need to get the house whipped into shape 'cause the GPs are coming, sick or not, and I STILL haven't carved these darn pumpkins. Yeesh. Glad I went to yoga this morning, I'll just breathe through everything!

Mom2Gaby
10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Aloha Chicka,Chicka Boom,Booms!!:egg:(pssst, yes I have been reading the book over and over again to Gaby)

Katy - So, right lady....woo hoo. I can't believe you found some chickies :) :hug: to Little L on her strip. Cross fingers Gab hasn't been sick yet this school year. Thank you soooooo much on the 169 - I weighed again this morning just to see it again. What a relief!!!!! I think I will stick to bagels only on Saturday....maybe that'll help??

Sassy- hmmm, I love red vines when I want something sweet. I don't really have a sweet tooth though. I have more of a carb tooth. I love low fat cottage cheese mixed with salsa as a dip along w/ some corn chips. I love white rice! If someone can make brown rice taste good let me know. My mom used to mix brown rice with hamburger,carrots and onions...that tasted pretty good. Hugs to you!! Hope you are feeling better. I was reading a weight loss story yesterday and the lady didn't lose weight for 6 months - it made me more determined to stick with it and not get so frustrated. So, I guess my tidbit would be to read a lot on the site of others success, it can sure motivate :)

If you want to read the story it is in the Goals under Amanda's Goal Story.....133 pounds....something like that. Awesome story!

So, I am on the fly!! Watched my favorite bachelor last night and I made my decision that he should fall in love with Deanna.....:o lol

Taking Gab to a dental appt this afternoon so best get some errrands done.

Quick non weight ??? Gab's father has been calling every night to say good night and I finally asked him to pick a night to call. Seems too much for me....think that is wrong???

FrouFrou
10-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...can't wait until tomorrow! Glad your back is better and WTG for not giving up! WE can do this together missy! We are here for you, just remember that.

SUSAN...hah, love the costumes, especially Fred and Wilma. I never can think of anything creative but have known lots of people who could, lol. Hey, depending on how *lutty the cleopatra is I think it's kind of a cute idea...but then cleopatra is a good idea period. I too am going as an scary mom, more like a grouchy mom, lol! Josh is still stationed in Hawaii, think he will stay there even if he re-signs. I asked him what he will do after he gets out, or is he thinking about re-signing he said he was. I think he likes the traveling and seeing the world. On their way home from Iraq they stopped in Germany and when they took off the plane was having problems so ended up in Alaska for 2 days...he was rubbing it in because he knows I am wanting to go. he said it was beautiful!

KATY...sorry to hear about little L, darn I hope she feels better by tomorrow. Poor little thing, strep again. Hugs to her :hug: Thanks for the advice...I will try the firefox tomorrow. It's only this site that is so slow...started out the same today but now that I am getting off it is better, lol.

Hello to SUE, JULES, MICHELLE & CAROL & KATHY and anyone I missed, and anyone reading this, lol.

Nothing much going on...had some errands to run this morning. Need to call the dentist but I am being stubborn and a BIG chicken! I have had this toothache for a while now...know I need to go. Been a crappy day because of it. Did get my 2 mile WATP done and mowed the back and front yard. Now just getting some laundry done. That's about all I have...take care ladies. Chat with ya tomorrow :wave:

Sassy_Chick
10-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi Chicks. :chicken:

Today is a much better day, at least getting up I was not the bear I was yesterday. lol. Guess I'm back into "my work groove" I put my hair up today, its actually grown out enough to put it up! :D Feel good for some reason (knocking on wood here) I think its cuz I ate kinda light today before work. I just had one of those Wendy's Chunky Chicken Salad Frescata Sandwiches. Thats all. No fries and no Biggie soda. I did get a 20 oz. Mt. Dew though, it will probably last me half the night though. (I work 13 hrs) I just looked and the Frescata Sandwich has 460 Calories! Holy Moly! And that is supposed to be "healthy"? They don't make it with Mayo, but use a "Ranch Sauce" and it has bacon in it. Love how they hide those little things. But its much better than the "Baconator" which is 830 Calories!!! :faint:

My Total Calories so far is 735, if I finish my Mt. Dew. Love how the Mt. Dew has 110 Calories on it, but that is only for 8 oz. So 8 x 2 = 16 + 4 = 20 so do the math and it should be 220 + 55 = 275 Calories Total in a 20 oz Mt. Dew. :no: Pathetic. I would be better off with Water, which has a Big Fat 0. Only I need the Caffenine. Piddly Excuse I know. lol. Plus I don't like Diet Guess I should start getting used to it though. I have to have Caffenine while I'm working. Sorry, but I gotta working the hours I do, I just have to have it. Yes I know I shouldn't rely on caffenine and all, but can't help it. :(

Anywho..........sorry to ramble, again. lol.

Katy sorry to hear about Leigh, Strep Throat UGH nasty stuff. We had that going around work, luckily DH & I didn't get it. I also use Firefox, at least at home, I love it, I also use Thunderbird, which is their version of Outlook, MUCH MUCH better! ;)

Cristina -- Big :hug: I hope you get your nerve up and go to the Dentist. I can sympathize with you because I have Dr. Phobias after a very very bad exp.

TY ALL for your support and advice. :hug:

TTYL.

Sassy_Chick
10-31-2007, 05:49 AM
:bat: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!! :witch:

:dracula::ghost::badbat::sklol::frank::witch2: :spid: :haphal:

jules1216
10-31-2007, 09:40 AM
My heart is breaking. I thought the baby was getting Teri back on track with school and the future. Well, Dave has decided at 25 he needs to go back to school, since he cannot find and job and is not willing to even apply for one he considers boring. He has picked a school near Philadelphia which is about 3 hours away and he can start in March. Teri has decided to follow him. I asked what about school and she says she is going to finish but I don't see him working even part time while he's going to school so it will be all up to her and where does that leave the baby?? There are no family and friends there to help out. I really don't know what she thinking. There is a school in MD about an hour away. That would allow them to stay in the area with friends an relatives plus her to finish her school. I don't know what to do.

FrouFrou
10-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Hello Ghouls!

JULES...so sorry to hear this news...and just when things seemed to be going well for Teri. Maybe you can talk to them both and change his mind, ugh. Hugs to you :hug: :hug:

SASSY...glad you are doing well and in a chipper mood! :) Yeah, some of those sandwiches at fast food places can be deceiving. Even the salads...when you add all the extras they add up in calories so what is supposed to be healthy ends up being fat and calorie laden. Ya just gotta be careful with what you choose. And yes, water would be better but like you I too need my caffeine, lol! But I do get in my 8 glasses on most days. Sometimes more...I really dislike water but know the benefits of drinking it so I do. I've not gotten my nerve up...just gotta suck it up and go, or at least make the appt. to go which is what I will be doing when I get off here before heading out. Hope you have a GREAT day!

HIYA to KATY, SUSAN, KATHY, MICHELLE, & SUE!

Getting ready to go get Josh up...he is on this weird schedule, well, not so weird. Just staying up most of the night and then sleeping thru the day...hate to wake him up but if I don't he won't get anything done. We are going to go to the mall and get home some pants and who knows what else. He will see stuff and just start grabbing, lol. Then to get him some glasses and somewhere else, can't remember. I know he needs to change his license and a couple of other things but he has time. May do lunch as well...I can't eat much so it doesn't matter where he wants to go, lol. I am calling the dentist as soon as I get off this thing. I can't go much longer with this. Don't know when I will get any exercise in, will walk at least a mile on the treadmill before the day is over. Of course walking at the mall is exercise. Anyway...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, LADIES!

Mom2Gaby
10-31-2007, 03:54 PM
:cheer2: HAPPY 6th
BIRTHDAY TO LEIGH!!!!!:bday2you::gift::balloons::woo::bday2:Wi shing her a wonderful day and pray she is feeling better!!

Mom2Gaby
10-31-2007, 04:11 PM
:dracula::ghost::frank::witch2:HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! :badbat::bat::witch::sklol::haphal::spid:

Cristina - Cute, you sound like a typical mother - lol. I really think the more you want him to get up and get things done the more he is going to snooze. :D The service is a good deal and all the travel Josh gets to do - it's exciting .....of course it can come at a high price.That is the stressful part. THANK YOU so much for the snail mail!! Very sweet and when I saw you had a card for my sister I started tearing up. What a sweetie you are! Hope your tooth is not hurting too much!

Sassy :dizzy: Say that again about the Mt Dew?? lol....lost me somewhere. I love Wendy's chili as a take out kind of thing.

Jules - :hug::hug: I'm sorry about Teri and her perhapes moving away.There is still time for her to change her mind :hug: I know it must be hard. My Rach is making ill decisions these days and probably will end up out of school. Drives me batty but all you can do is show them the way and if they decide to take the rough road just be there loving them. Argh,.......

Katy So, how are you?? How is our Miss L?? Hope she is feeling better!!!:)

I better get going. Gab took her Ranger costume for her class party. We did good this morning getting up and out of the house. I had 1/2 a turkey bagel and picked up an application - lol......yum, I would love to work around all those carbs!!:D Stepped on the scale and woo hoo saw 168 so changing my ticker before it goes back up - lol yipeeeee.
Gaby did great at the dentist yesterday!What a trooper.
Need to run my rent over across town and go to my fathers gravesite, it is a Mexican holiday to celebrate out loved ones that have passed away.

So, have a safe and fun day!!

Hello to everyone!!:witch:

FrouFrou
10-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Hugs to you Susan. :hug: You are welcome for the card...I have been thinking of your sis for a while and meant to send a card sooner. I know how hard it is to lose a child, even if I didn't have the chance to see mine be born alive and see him grow the pain is still hard. Sometimes really hard seeing babies...brings tears to my eyes. My tooth is killing me! But I have an appt. tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. yikes that is early! I read in a local magazine this dentist is rated number 1 in the state...we'll see. WOOHOO to 168! Hope it stays until WI plus some! Have a good day missy! And a safe Halloween!

And how did I forget...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to little Miss LEIGH!
:hat::celebrate::gift::balloons::bday2you::balloon s::woo::hb:

Cooking a pot of pinto beans for chili later...it is a little chilly out and thought it was the perfect meal to warm my insides. it wouldn't be so cold if that darn wind wasn't blowing so hard...poor little trick-or-treaters...going to be a cold one for them.

Have a great day ladies!

Jane
10-31-2007, 10:12 PM
:balloons: Happy Birthday, Leigh :balloons: Hope she made it to the class party! :crossed:

Sassy_Chick
11-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Cristina -- Not so chipper today. Got some bad news about my mom while I'm at work. She is okay, but its still not good and just hearing the news at work wasn't a good idea. I was sitting her bawling like a baby. :cry: Poor guys I work with probably didn't know what was going on. lol. Anywho, I was a bad girl today. I went to Burger King and was just gonna get a whopper jr. (I know still not the greatest) but saw this new sandwich they have and I swear I'm like an alcoholic in a alcohol store, yup I had to have it.............:rolleyes: Well this weekend we're going to the store so I am going to stock up on HEALTHY food to make to freeze to take to work for next week so I'll do better. lol.

Susan -- A 20 oz. bottle of Mt. Dew has 275 Calories. It shows only 110, but that is for only 8 oz. So add 8 oz (110 Calories) x 2 = 220. There is still 4 oz left in a 20 oz bottle so divide 110 by 2 = 55. So add 220 + 55 and you get a total of 275 Calories total for a 20 oz. bottle. Hope that makes sense.

:bday2you: Happy Birthday Leigh! :hb:

RosieKate
11-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Thank you all for Leigh's birthday wishes! She had a good one. She was able to go to school - yay!. Then it was trick or treating in the Village, and birthday cake with the GPs...a busy day indeed.

Sassy - sorry about your mom's bad news...hope everything resolves in a positive way very soon for her.

Jules - Darn kids...whatever happened to listening to their elders...I hope they change their minds, Jules.

Susan- Yay ..wl is going great! How was trick or treating at your place?

Hi to everyone else!

I finally lost that pound or so I've been flirting around with for the last few weeks, so the ticker is gettin' changed! I have to go in to Kaiser this a.m. for a blood draw, so no food or tea for me.. argh.. could use some tea. I do the blood work every 6 months for the research study I'm in. Cool part is that they post them on my online file within the day so I can see them and compare them to the previous 6 months.

Have a great day everyone!

FrouFrou
11-01-2007, 12:27 PM
SASSY...hugs to you and your momma. :hug: Understandable about going to burger king, been there, done that. I never thought of myself as a stress eater but I am! Trying to work on that myself. Just don't be so hard on yourself missy. No one is perfect with their weight loss journey...there are going to be bumps in the road. Hoping today is a better day for you. :hug:

KATY...glad little Leigh is feeling better and enjoyed her BD and Halloween! WTG on that stubborn pound, lol! :bravo: How is that study going? That's cool you get the results posted so soon.

MS SUSAN...how are you doing today? How was trick-or-treating at your house? Once again I bought tons of candy and only had a handful of kids. The weird thing is no one came until a little after 7. Probably had 20 kids if that. Hoping all is well with you today.

SUE...hoping all is well with you and your mother. :hug:

Hugs to you too JULES! Maybe the kiddos will change their minds once the baby is here. Or are they planning on moving before then? :hug:

Well, I was up bright and early this morning. Okay, early anyway, lol. it was so weird going to the dentist when it was still dark outside. But got in and out fast thank goodness and it wasn't so bad after all. Of course they didn't do anything, lol. Took an x-ray and looked in my mouth. I have an infection for sure and have to take an antibiotic. Normally they wait five days but he said that tooth has to come out. Have to double up on it today and in the morning and he is going to pull it tomorrow. They are not usually open on Friday but he does do emergency's so...I am nervous but at this point I just want the thing out and the pain to stop. Was going to take a pain pill and go back to bed since I didn't get any sleep and they knock me out, but Josh decided he wants to do some running around today. It'll just have to wait.

No exercise for me today again...bad mommy. I know...it's only a toothache but the infection I think is really affecting the rest of my body and I don't feel like doing anything. I was lucky to get my grocery shopping done. I must say that this has done a great job on my dieting, lol. I haven't been able to eat much at all. But I bet I don't lose a pound, lol! Not drinking my water either. Hoping to get back on track after I am feeling better for sure. Blah, blah, blah...

HI to everyone else :wave:

Have a great day ladies!

Mom2Gaby
11-01-2007, 03:49 PM
:turkey::thanks2:Happy November!! :turkey::thanks2:

I feel ill ....so a quickie for moi :comp:

Sassy - Yes, the Mt Dew makes sense! I think it is all the +,= that freezes my brain, I hate math . lol Prayers for you mother :hug: I agree w/ Cristina, we all feel bad at food choices every so often. Planning a weekend shopping spree of healthy foods sounds like a good plan! :)

Cristina - Thinking of you and your ..umm, tooth. :D Hope it went will this morning! Very sweet again about the card sent! Thank you.

Katy- woo hoo, on the weight loss!!:congrat::cheer2: and Leigh feeling better!!

JulesHey you,,,,,hanging in there?? Thinking of you and Teri :)

SueHow is your mother, how are you?? Come check in , I miss you!

Mindee We miss you too and hearing about how the family is doing. Keeping you in prayers!

Michelle If you are lurking, come say hello!! We miss you. :hug:

Kathy Congrats again on Roxy Lynn!! I am sure you will be a wonderful grandmother, how exciting! Especially w/ the holidays here.

k-my nose is in pain. I went this morning for a pre surgery test which required a tube being stuck down my nose and down my throat.

Cute.

Course we didn't get that far because after seeing that I have no holes in my nose (I do...he just couldn't see them - I am dainty , you know - lol ) he had to blow decongestant up me for the passages to open . After waiting and waiting and trying 3 times I finally lost it and said forget it. I swear. Now my teeth are dumb and I have goup coming out of my nose. I think I look lovely and am ready for a date. :o I thnk I say that only because the goup reminds me of KY jelly......oops, can I say that?? :chin:

So, now I have to go back to the doctor and see what he wants to do.

anyway ,halloween was ok. Gab didn't want to go trick or treating, she didn't want to wear her mask. Argh.......I let her go w/ her dad and he did the terrible deed. Good, I was off the hook and stayed home and caught up on my Britney Spears news. YAWN.....

ummm, better go wipe my nose....lol.....adios and hugs to all!!!

jules1216
11-01-2007, 09:22 PM
SuzyQ-yes I am hanging in. I was sick this weekend and even missed work on Monday, then Teri dropped the bombshell on Tuesday, my tom complete with cramps and migrane came yesterday and hubby decided to be a total a$$ tonoight. I am having just a wonderful week....boy I need some cheese to go with this whine...and a big old bottle of actual wine might help too!!

Cristina--hugs to you..good luck with the tooth being pulled. My dentist swears by a two advil/1 tylenol combo. Take one combo in the morning before he starts and then another right after he gets done then 4 hours later and then six. It worked for me though between the combo and the bleeding I got a little sick to my stomach--sorry TMI!!

Katy--all the things I said are apparently sinking in. She just got a promotion and $2/hr raise where she works and she is doing well in school. She is taking a two year accounting degree program and will take evening and online classes to get the four year degree after she starts working. The big thing is the baby and who will keep it if she does go with him. Here she has family and friends that she trusts. Glad Leigh had a good bday!!

Sassy--I know what you mean about getting bad news at work--luckily my eyes have been watering and with being sick the watery eyes weren't too noticable for me. Hugs to you. I went to MCDonalds today for lunch--why do we hit the fast food when we are stressed??

I go with Teri tomorrow morning to the baby doctor. Oh and Dave actually went to a temp agency today and may start a job at a distributing center on Monday--one can hope!! If he's working too, then maybe she can actually have a day off instead of working 5 days and going to school the other two....

Mom2Gaby
11-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Jules - Gads girl. I have the wine if you have the cheese!!!
My nose is finally feeling better, still numb on the roof of my mouth though, pressure on my right eye.
I have TOM too!!
Rach has been *running* since Tuesday.I have no idea where she is staying but pretty sure she is with her friend who is fighting at home. Also, she did email my sister asking if she can come over this weekend,so she must have internet connection somewhere.
Older ex is headed for surgery tomorrow morning, should be in the hospital til Monday.
Gab is nutty on candy. I don't think we are going to make swimming tonight, she is so dang acting her age - driving me nuts.
Beck is a brat wanting to know how she is going to get to school tomorrow, she is so spoiled. She is upset her fathers hospital stay is coming between her taxi service to and fro.....lol. I told her father she has a bus pass, she can very well use it!

Halloween damage......I ate 2 kit kats, 4 tootsie rolls, 3 snickers and a peppermint patty.

ok, that is my roll call.....bring the cheese over!!! You'll have fun at the doctors tomorrow w/ Teri :) HUGS!!!

Sassy_Chick
11-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Hola Chicaritas! :D

I got some much needed sleep and feel better......It was nice to wake up with DH and not having him going out the door to work! (He begins his new schedule this week) So he will be working Friday - Sunday now instead of Thursday - Sunday, just longer hours, like I work. ;)

Anywho we wandered around Wally World a bit, he wanted me to see the entertainment center he wants, and I gave my "final approval" lol.

Then we came home and caught up on some of our shows, like an "old married couple" lol. Now he's watching Lord of the Rings (I think) lol and I'm on the computer (duh) lol.

Cristina -- TY. I feel better today. :) Toothaches can affect all of you, just the kinda pain that runs all through you. Big Big :hug: that everything goes well.

Jules -- BIG BIG :hug: I think we all could use some wine and cheese! lol. Just make Cristinas something soft! lol.

Suzy Q -- You are a riot! :lol: :hug:

More info about last night at work: (if you're interested--lol) my mom IM'd me telling me that her right artery in her neck is blocked, I don't know how blocked, etc. But the dr has her on meds right now and they are doing testing. Well of course getting this news at work and just kinda being "shocked" I started bawling :cry: right there at work. I felt like such a baby. lol. The guys who work with me probably thought I was a lunatic. :crazy: But I had work to keep my mind occupied and my friends at work kept me laughing so I think that was the best "medicine" for me.

I feel better about it today. DH spoke with his mom about it, she is a retired ICU nurse and DH has some medical exp too, being a paramedic/firefighter and working in the ER. So DH explained it more too me. I still want my mother to just move here already. Don't like her living alone, even though our family is there, still want her here with us. DH & I talked about it and if anything, we will just break her lease and pay whatever we have to pay, if it means she is here with us, her health is more important than money is. So we're going to see what the tests show. I am going to call her tomorrow, she is off, and talk to her more in depth. I just hope I don't bawl like a little baby while on the phone. lol. Maybe I'll catch her online and talk to her, that way if I cry, she won't know it. lol. But it just goes to show that weight isn't only factor in health issues.

My mom is very very petite, I don't get my size from her or my biological father. lol. I get it from my grandmothers, both very "well-built" women. lol. I always told my mom she must have found me somewhere because I don't look like her. The only thing I have of my father's is his eyes. But looking at my father's mother's picture, she passed when he was young, so I never knew her, I look a lot like her as well as my mom's mother. Maybe that is why my father always harped so badly on me about my weight when I was young. Because his mom was heavy and she died from a heart-attack.

Anywho, enough of the history lesson here. lol...........

Eating wise, well........I wasn't so great today either, but I blame it ALL on DH! lol. He heard about my delicious burger and had to have one! So this was my last hurrah! Tonight or um this morning once our paychecks go into the bank, we are going grocery shopping and no more fast food! It is like a crack addict driving by a bunch of drug dealers -- at least for me. All those fast food places screaming out my name -- Psssst! Over here! You know you want some of my greasy fattening burgers! lmao.

I hope you all have a Great night and a Wonderful Friday!

If any of you want or are interested, PM me your email and snail mail addies. I have Cristina and Jules info except I need Jules email addy. I want to keep them so I can send cards and letters, if you want me too, that is. :write:

suetalks
11-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Hello ladies....Just checking in. Things have been busy here and I have been so down..didn't want to bottom everyone out.
I am trying to get back into the swing of things. Rode a mile today and walked 2 miles with DH. Mom actually had a really good day and ate 3 good meals. She has lost so much weight. (I gained it..as I eat when she can't)
We had 14 kids for trick or treat, and all at once. The whole little neighborhood walks around the circle together. Fun, but over quickly. And they come before dark since the oldest is 6. All the parents walk too and I told them they need to dress up next year. :)
I had too much candy left over and DH even went and bought PEANUTS, which I love. Dang, life is hard!!

Anyway, hope you are all hanging in there. I am trying to.

Susan...you are going down in weight and I am going up..so we finally met. :)

suetalks
11-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Sassy- Hi again... Oh yes, those burgers call my name too. I could eat fast food 24/7 if DH liked it. He is so good and I am so bad. LOL.

Sassy_Chick
11-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Sue -- Glad you are getting back into the swing of things. I need too and get DH too as well. That is another reason why I want my mom here too, we can ALL support each other. When I was trying to lose weight when I was younger, she ALWAYS encouraged me by asking if I wanted to go for a walk, etc. We were good for each other. ;) My DH is the exact opposite -- He is my "enabler".........lol

Mom2Gaby
11-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Good Morning

Ok, Sassy and Sue!! I think I do recall seeing Sue's McDonalds and Sassy Burger King signs......NOT! :devil:......he is calling your name...to weight gain ****. lol - jk.....btw - I think BK burgers are the best.

Ugh, my head hurts!!!

Sassy - How old is your mother?? She sounds like a sweetie. My grandmother moved in w/ my mother when I was in Arkansas.She had been in a nursing home but hated it and was miserable. I guess she is happier now but stays in the bedroom most of the time. Anyway - hugs to you!!

Sue - Hugs to you too :hug: I am glad you checked in, was starting to miss you! I love peanuts too. My mom and step dad have all the munchy foods at their house. When I lived there it was a challenge not to stick my hand in some jar and experience heaven......lol...thus the weight gain. I blame mine on my mother....and &^%$ Michael.....argh.

k- dang early in the morning. Ex put his internet back on so I don't have to go to the library! Yay.......now I can post all day! Yipeeeeee. *eyes roll*....He took off for the hospital and I guess I will head up after I get the girls off for school. Stopped at the bagel shop and bought us all bagels for breakfast,,,,Beck took 1/2 of mine so that saved me some calories.
Gaby's father came all the way from the coast to take her to her swimming lesson. Can you imagine?? Devoted or obsessive???? lol....I was all set to take a night off and get to bed early when he called from the pool. Dang.

Talked to my sister and she said she told Rach via email to call me. RAch hasn't though. I think it is weird. I had 2 of her friends call me yesterday worried about her and not knowing where she was and on the other hand my sister says she is fine.......why wouldn't Rach stay in contact w/ her friends??? Unless they are fibbing?

k- time to get these kids to school!! Chow!

FrouFrou
11-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Morning ladies...

Busy bees with all the posting yesterday. Sorry, I was all set to do individuals but starting to doze.

Dentist visit went well but I can feel all the drugs wearing off and feeling a little pain. I love the GAS! I will never fear the dentist again! Anywho...I think I will go lay down for a while and come back wide awake, hopefully!

Hugs to everyone! :hug:

Sassy_Chick
11-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Hi Suzy Q -- My mom is 54 but she has been through a lot. DH & I just want her with us so she isn't alone anymore and now after this news I want her here and I want her here now! lol.

Anyways......I haven't been to bed yet........:tired: DH was snoring his head off and tonight is his first long night on his new schedule so I just closed the bedroom door and stayed out in the living room. Figure I can crash after he leaves for work. ;)

Well :hug: to everybody, hope your having a great day!

jules1216
11-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Hi all! Teri's appt went well-both baby and momma are doing great.

Dave starts a job through the temp agency on Monday. There was a walk through he did at a local company that has a really good rep and would have started out almost $13/hr but the guy was concerned about Dave's spotty work record. I did try to talk to Dave some about considering a school in MD but he is set on the one in PA and won't even look. He says he will drive the almost 3 hours one way every day. Like that is really a rational thought. Maybe he will rethink after the baby.

Mom2Gaby
11-02-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm Back.......

Halloween damage continues with 2 boxes of Dots and 1 M&M mini bag,,,,,not bad! I think I should just throw the rest away....course it is Gaby's stash.....she likes to share. lol ugh.

Jules - Hey sweetie!! How you doing today?? How was the doctors visit??

Cristina - How is the tooth?? Hope you were able to rest. :)

Sassy - How old are you?? You have a young mother, mine is 64. It is a good thing you have her close to you.

I was at the VA today and realized I was standing in the exact same spot when the doctor told me in May 06 that my father wasn't going to last the rest of the day, that he was dying. oh....I miss my father.

Ex is doing well and Rach is home! She won't tell me what she has been doing.

Need to get Gab ready for her fathers and it feels like a good weekend to just rest!!!

HUGS to you all.

jules1216
11-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Cristina--glad the dentist visit went well!!

Sassy--the fast food was calling my name but I passed it by...glad you and hubby will be working a schedule that allows you to see each other more. It must have been rough at first when you went off working the same shifts.

Suzyq--Ry was a handful from 16 - 18. Skipping school, which he eventually quit, and all kinds of other stuff. He did end up gettting his GED and actually talking a couple people out of quitting school. He would disappear for days at a time. He eventually straightened out for the most part. Teri says he is drinking alot again. I hope he doesn't start getting in trouble again, with all the drama with Teri & Dave, I don't think I could take having to worry about him too. When he was going through his teenage angst Teri never got in trouble...then he straightened up and Marshall broke Teri's heart and all heck broke loose with her...I think they are going to both drive me batty!!

Sue--I worry about getting everyone bummed out when I am having trouble, but I have found that we all have our ups and downs but we are all also here for each other!!

Katy--how are you lady!! Hope you like that pizza crust!!

Love you all!!

jules1216
11-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Suzy--the older guy in a computer dept says he didn't have many kids come by his house so he is going to SHARE his candy with us girls----NOOOO!! Hopefully by Monday my TOM chocolate cravings will be at a manageable level--I may have to "share" mine with others!! Glad Rach is home!!

Sassy_Chick
11-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Hey All.

I got a few hours sleep. :tired: But don't want to sleep too long or my sleep schedule will be totally off for when I go back to work. So I feel sorta drunk right now cuz I'm still tired but can't go back to sleep. lol.

Suzy Q -- I am 33. My mom had me when she was 21. Big :hug: I miss my dad too. (he was my "step" dad but never acted like one, he treated me like his own daughter and vice versa.)

Jules --- Glad both Baby and Mama are doing good! :) 3 hour commute one way? Wow......That is quite a drive. Maybe like you said he will change his mind once the baby gets here. :hug: I don't mind the pictures as much before the weight gain, its now that I hate. lol. I emailed you the Halloween Project. Hope you like it. Good for you! Glad you could pass those evil :devil: places! Wish I could have. :( Yes now DH and I can see each other one day at least, better than none. lol.

Mom2Gaby
11-03-2007, 02:01 AM
omg- I think I am going to cry. I don't ever remember being 33....*sniff....that was way long ago. Wow, Sassy.....you're a young lass :)
I am glad you got some sleep. I need to go get some myself. You know, I am blessed, I have a wonderful step father. I always loved the men in my family from my grandfather, pastor and dad. I always felt loved by them. It was a very surreal moment in the hospital today. I can feel my father there.

Jules - I thought you were talking about some pervert computer guy. You mean a co worker?? Gotcha! lol
Dots are the bomb! I usually don't crave chocolate, I think it is the nuts in the bars that I am after. My TOM is almost over, thank goodness.

So, yes. Rachel is home. I guess I will just have to have one child that takes the rough road through life. My sister really wants her to come over tomorrow and spend the weekend, it might do them both good.

Gaby went with her father tonight. Ick. omg, he annoys me!! He pouts and whines and I asked for some $$ for some clothes for the Gabster and instead of just forking it over he wants to go with me. Gag. I really want to just go by myself I don't need him and Gaby trailing behind me . I know her size and I know what I want.......and its not spending time w/ him. lol .......but if that is the only way , I guess we are going shopping together. Oh, joy.

I guess I will go crawl in bed and call it a day.....put an end to this misery,,,lol.....Monday is WI!! Looking for 167....cross fingers!!!

HUGS to you all :)

Sassy_Chick
11-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Good Chilly Morning All :brr:

It is only 32 degrees here.....The thermometer in our apt says it is 68 inside here and I don't have the heat on, but sure feels colder than that! :brr: lol.

I need some hot cocoa or something........:coffee: I did buy some instant coffee I thought I'd try cuz when its just me I hate grinding and brewing all that just for me.

Well I cleaned out my cupboards! There was some things that were expired so I just threw them out, the stuff that is not expired and bad for me I will send to work w/ DH, there are only a few things, not a lot.

But not having the tempting food around is working because earlier I wanted something sweet and there isn't anything! Well there is but I was good and didn't have it. lol. Instead I made a small bowl of oatmeal. Not quite what I wanted, but guess I have to learn to compromise a little. lol.

I also talked to my mother yesterday, she told me about the tests they are running so I wrote it all down for DH to ask MIL about. I also told her to not to worry about money that DH and I will help out and told her to do what the dr tells her. She understands the seriousness of it and is willing to do whatever it takes to fix it. I was very good and did not cry or even get sad. I kinda handled it like I would at work, asking questions, getting the information I need and passing on the info I had. Guess work comes in handy for something sometimes.......:p

Speaking of work my DH went in early to talk to our boss and our boss wants me to train another employee.....:rolleyes: Wouldn't mind so much, but this employee is NOT new, he has been in DH's dept for over 90 days now, but never learned what we (my dept) do and he doesn't even do his job that well, I don't see how he is still there! UGH. And he is the type who never listens to what the Sr. Agents tell him, he always knows better..........GGGrrrr. lol

Anywho I am going to turn it around on my boss and say, "okay I'll train him, btw have you been able to approve my request off for Christmas yet?" :p I requested it way back in September and he can't tell me that everybody on days all had their requests in before me, that isn't possible. So I had better get it off as I worked EVERY single holiday last year and ALMOST everyone this year!

Okay off my :soap: now. lol. My boss just gets my "shackles" up. :stress: Luckily I work nights so I barely ever see him. lol.

I checked out the Exercise on Demand and there is tons of stuff on there! I didn't do any lastnight, I was just beat. I will try after I sleep today......:tired:

Suzy Q -- Aw Thanks. :) I don't feel very young. Soon as I hit 30 I felt like its all going down hill. lol. But I know that isn't true. Geez. I guess I feel old because I haven't had kids yet and I feel ancient in that dept. Like my clock is running out but my wonderful body just won't corporate. lol. Anywho, I get/got along with most of the men in my family, all but my biological father and a few uncles. I was a Big Time Grandpa's Girl though. ;) My step dad was a wonderful man, he was so good to my mother, me and my DH. He even would call my DH "son" because he told him that he was more like a son to him than a son-in-law. Sure miss him :cry:........His bday would the 10th of this month and my grandmas would be the 12th.

Sorry that you have to go shopping with your ex -- I agree, Ick! lol. Esp if he's a whiner. lol. We have a whiner at work who used to drive me insane when I had to work with him. Luckily now I don't have too anymore, but poor DH does! lol.

I hope you all have a Wonderful Weekend!!!!!!!

Mom2Gaby
11-03-2007, 02:24 PM
It's Saturday!! :dancer:

Cristina - Hey! You ever waking up from your nap?? Miss you :) Hope you and Josh are having a super day .

Sassy - grrrrr. I didn't like training people at my last job! It really takes a certain personality to do that and I don't have a personality - lmao...You are still young for children! I am 43 and would love to have another one. I had Gaby at 37 :D and really I think you have so much more patience as an older parent.
I have no patience w/ her father though - haha. I don't know what his thing is but if she needs clothes I don't know why we all have to be miserable in the weekend shopping madness. I enjoy going by myself and never take Gab if I can help it. Certainly don't wnat to take him - lol

k- I am off to see the other ex in the hospital who wants me by his side. I don't know....what is it about me?? Do I smell good?? Everyone wants me around...lol ....argh. I still have pressure in my eye ball from the other day at the hospital.

I had a turkey bagel for breakfast, it was delish! I really need a walk sometime today.

anyway - just my quickie!! HUGS to you all !!:hug::hug:

FrouFrou
11-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Hello ladies...

Feel so sleepy...I think those drugs are still in my body making me feel weird...just want to sleep. Of course it is time for another pain pill. Trying not to take too many...just suck it up.

SUSAN...glad Rachel is home, the ex is doing well and sorry the other ex wants to shop with you, ugh!

JULES...glad Teri and the baby are well.

SASSY...hoping your mom is able to get down to live with you guys. Good job on getting all the bad food out of the house.

Hello to everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on here today. I am hoping I feel better tomorrow...supposed to be nice, in the 70's and my plan is to go to the zoo. Just to get out of the house for a while.

Did someone mention TOM, ugh? TOM decided to pay a visit here as well...the day I went to the dentist...wish he would just go away for good already, lol.

Getting some laundry done and reading. Going to finish Night today and then start on Eat Pray Love.

Have a great weekend ladies!

jules1216
11-03-2007, 03:00 PM
SuzyQ--maybe the Halloween treats are oozing out your pores and the ex's are smelling all the sweetness!!! Good luck shoppings with Gaby's dad--at least Gabster will be there too--and I think it's nice that you are there for the R's dad.

Sassy--I actually don't mind training people, except that type. I don't know what Dave is thinking---the boy has no common sense at all!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

jules1216
11-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Cristina--finishing up on my tom--I am awaiting the last one!! Glad you are feeling better.

FrouFrou
11-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Okay back again for a few minutes before I sign off...was reading some other threads and working on my siggy. New weight ticker...and I am going with my starting weight rather than my highest weight ever, or a 20 pound goal. So this is/was my first goal. Forgot to weigh last week and the 189 was what I was at two weeks ago...so hoping it is at least the same...who knows. The way I have been eating, to top it off TOM and Josh being home we have eaten out a couple of times. But the last three days have been great eating days. If you call barely eating good eating. Just haven't been able to eat much...the tooth hurt so much it wasn't even worth trying. Anyway...here's to a good WI! :cheers:

JULES...thanks...I am feeling better but for some reason so darn sleepy. Hope you are having a good weekend too!

Take care ladies :hug:

Mom2Gaby
11-03-2007, 07:34 PM
hmmmm, seems Tom is visiting all the chickies.....he needs to just stay home and mind his own business!! hehe

Jules - Cute, Jules! I don't need to eat candy to smell sweet - haha. Argh. I was all set to let Gab wait 2 weeks when I get paid again. I hate asking for money and I hate that when I do he doesn't hand it over. He needs to come with me.....big baby...and he won't shop with her by himself. What pain in the arse! I did go to Gymboree for a sec at the mall, the cutest things and I saw some boots for $44 that I want to get Gab.

Cristina - I am glad you are awake!! lol ....love the siggy :) Hope the pain goes away asap!! 70's sounds wonderful!! Talked w/ Hawaii Man and it is 80's there - grrrrrr. Have fun at the zoo :)

I spent all day up and down to the hospital, I am exhausted but Ex is home safe and sound. I guess I will make one more run to the store and get him some groceries in the house. After that I am going home!

The R's have been horrid fighting with each other and with me. They call me horrible names like.......hmmm, wow....I don't think I can write any of them....just makes me sad. Beck did call me *bi polar*.....because of my driving. I said "hey look little brat I have driven for over 20 years I know how to drive, you don't......you watch your mouth" .....omg- she is so disrespectful......lol....

k- eating is good today that is one good thing!

Sassy_Chick
11-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi Ladies.

Well I got some decent sleep and feel oh so much better! ;) I feel re-energized so hopefully I will get my chores done tonight so that tomorrow I can just relax..........;)

I'm going to try a recipe that I saw on 30 min. meals on the food network. Here is the link for the recipe, if your interested: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_78777,00.html
Not that bad, only bad thing is you fry the tortillas in some oil quickly, then roll them with the chicken, etc and put them in the oven. But I thought they looked good and not quite as bad as some things. I am going to use skinless boneless chicken breasts though instead of the Rotisserie Chicken.

I found a link, if anybody is interested, the exercise on demand that I checked out this morning has a website where you can watch the exercise programs online too:

http://www.exercisetv.tv/

Hi Cristina -- Glad your feeling better, I know what you mean about drugs making you feel that way. I am that way with pain pills too. Usually I sleep for 12 hours something........lol. DH comes in and checks to make sure I'm still alive and then lets me sleep. lol.........As my old Dr. that retired told me, I would be a cheap druggie. lol. Because it doesn't take much. lol.

Suzy Q - I can train people, but this guy is just well a pain in the you know where. lol. He just does not listen to what you tell him and ends up doing what he wants anyways. Grrrrr. So frustrating. **Sniffs** mmmm you smell good, wanna come over? lol. Sorry to hear about the R's giving you a rough time, I would never talk to my mom that way, she would probably back slap me or something. lol. And my TOM is just ending, I think....Mine can never make up its mind, due to the PCOS I have.......:rolleyes: I wanna have a baby, but I am afraid to wait too much longer and I have that Dr. Phobia after my awful experience last time, so I've just been trying to be healthier and lose weight and hope that works. :crossed: Most Drs think that at least, that losing weight is the "miracle cure"........:rolleyes:

Jules -- Yeah I don't mind training either, except that kind too. lol. He is just impossible, never listens, just does what he wants anyways. :rolleyes: lol.

I am having a MAJOR craving for Bacon! Luckily don't have any nor a car to get some! lol. Guess its just that darned "Aunt Flo" craving things! lol. :crazy:

Big :hug: all!

Mom2Gaby
11-04-2007, 01:04 AM
hmm, see I don't think I have ever craved bacon Sassy. lol .....actually eggs sound good all of a sudden. I love scrambled eggs :dizzy:
I love my R's. They were horrible today though.
We went to the mall for clothes shopping and I drove to a Wells Fargo for the ATM in the parking lot. I get the $$$ and drive out , against the arrows and Beck goes "you are driving the wrong way".....I reply "Beck....chill, on the weekends you can drive anyway you want in the parking lot....." lol ....she totally comes unglued and starts saying what a bad driver I am and how I drive bi polar.....whatever that means.....and so the girls start bickering about how I drive and I start getting really annoyed. I am tired and the mall is the last place I want to be.....and it goes down hill from there.....
It was not a good day.
I did call Gaby's father and he asked if she needed clothes and I said yes she needs clothes and he wants to know when I want to *do it*....I said I would rather *do it* by myself, that dragging Gaby around is no fun and I would rather *do it* on my own. He said he could *not do that* and he would get her clothes that she needed.
I almost started crying..........ugh, omg..a 52 year old man shopping for my princess......just stop the friggin world and let me get off.....lol
So, he wants a list of things she needs and the sizes......blah ,blah.....I am not excited about this at all. I am just thinking until the 15th when I get paid again and I can go buy her cute clothes and boots that I want her to wear.
anyway - whatEVER,,,,,I totally can not stand the man.
I said we can meet half way tomorrow and he says he doesn't like that idea. He likes bringing her to an actual place instead of meeting at the park or library......hmmm, actually I don't like him coming in my home. I just want him away from me.
He asked about my medical stuff and I didn't say anything and he goes...."I just want to be able to pray for you"......lol.......ya, right. I don't trust him worth his spit in China.....hahahaha......

Ok,,,,,back to weight loss......lol. I did good on eating. I got into my *skinny* 8's today!. It is still tight though , thinking another 5/10 pounds before I can wear them.

ok, adios!!

Hugs to everyone!!!

Sassy_Chick
11-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Hey Suzy Q -- Yeah guess I'm a freak, craving bacon....:rolleyes: lol
I have an idea about your ex buying the clothes. Ask him to keep the receipt just in case and then you can return the things you don't like! lol. Its a thought at least, not sure if he'll go for that, but you know sometimes things "look" like they fit ok in the store, but when you get them home, they just don't "fit" anymore. lmao.

WTG on the Skinny 8 Jeans! I must have been a big fat 170 because I was no where even near to an 8......oh well guess I really am big boned. lol.

Hope you all are doing well!

Mom2Gaby
11-04-2007, 05:52 AM
Sassy - Along with my nose I am dainty. I have a dainty butt and I can fit into a size 2 if I really wanted too. lmao.
I am thirsty and I wanna go home!
Staying the night at the ex's because he asked.......and now I miss Momo and I am so dang thirsty.
I am sure he will hand over the receipts just to show how much $$$ he spent.Just to show he isn't a deadbeat father.....ugh. When we went school shopping he spent $80 and thought that was a lot.He has no thought of what it cost to raise a child. He must really think I am wasting the $33 he pays a week in child support......probably wonders why I don't have anything left over for undies....lol - ding bat.
Hey, thanks for the idea!!! I can spend Monday taking everything back and reshopping....lol

hmmmm, ok....back to bed! :hug:

RosieKate
11-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Hey..I have an extra hour! so here I am...

Susan - sorry ex is being a butt, again. Size 8 , sigh, I haven't seen that size in a while! You'll get there really soon - you're doing great

Sassy - thx for the exercisetv link...it's pretty cool. I'll try it out one of these days when I can't get out of the house and I need a workout. I crave bacon sometimes too, particularly bacon cheeseburgers. 'Course now practically everything about them is off limits EXCEPT the bacon, lol! MMM nothing like bacon and eggs, might have to have some for breakfast....

Cristina - hope your tooth is giving you less grief today...get lots of rest!

Jules - Maybe Dave's tune will change once the baby actually gets here. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys. I think I'm going to try a version of that spelt pizza crust today. I'm going to use a blend of spelt and masa (corn flour) I saw some of these crusts in the freezer section at New Seasons, but they wanted 4 bucks for two 12" crusts - gulp. Of course, I thought to myself "Hey - I could probably make those"

Today, we are off to church, then I have a meeting for SS teachers to attend. We are hoping to get out to IKEA as well as I need blackout shades for our bedroom. Might get a workout in, but I may just have to settle for the hike around IKEA - that counts right?

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Sassy_Chick
11-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi Girls.

I am heading off to bed now...........I got all my chores done so tonight I can relax. Well I do have to do dishes but that is all. lol. I am pooped....:p

Susan -- Glad I could give you a good idea. lol. I hope that you can go and reshop and get her all cute and pretty things. :D

Katy -- I dunno what it is about Bacon, but I do love it.......Although I don't have it very often..........lol. I am liking those WW meals, I am sure they are not the best for me, and I am hoping to cook tonight, but DH has been really exhausted with his new shift so I didn't bother cooking. YW for the exercisetv link. I thought it would be another source to go too, esp this time of year.

Have a great day all..........

Mom2Gaby
11-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Happy Sunday!

I am so miserable with this taxi service I am a slave too. I don't mind taking care of things for the ex but these disrespectful tweenies are driving me batty.

Sassy- Sleep tight!! Have bacon dreams!! lol......you're so cute!

Katy- Walking at Ikea counts and if you spend money it counts even more.....haha

k- bbl....making chicken soup for dinner - yum!

Mom2Gaby
11-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Ok, back for a second! I escaped the house and I don't want to go back. :D

I am getting by on 3 hours of sleep and I am extremely crabby. I want to see Gaby soooo bad.

I had 1/2 a bagel this morning w/ turkey on it, an apple and some low fat cottage cheese. I just was going to have some soup and maybe some cereal later on for the day.

Tomorrow morning is WI and crossing fingers!

I haven't seen size 8 in over 2 years when I was promoted on the job. It brought so much stress I quickly went from 150 to 170 within months. So, I really do feel ok with 168! I blame the other 36 on dating Michael and eating. I think I was miserable with him. Thank goodness we aren't together.

Katy - Hope you are having fun at Ikea! I haven't made the trip out there yet but hear it is a fun place to shop :D

k- off to get some breakfast food in the house. Rach is showering and Gab should be home rather quickly! Thus begins another busy, busy week.

Hope you all are having an awesome Sunday!!:yay::yay:

Mom2Gaby
11-04-2007, 10:33 PM
wow, where is everyone?? I will be glad when the week starts back up tomorrow!
I chipped my tooth tonight. I already have a dental appt on Friday. I think it will be ok until that time. Good thing it is a back tooth so no one can see. lol
I had a yummy bowl of chicken soup for dinner. Gab and I cut up carrot sticks for something to munch on. Course she gets ranch dressing with her's , mine are plain. I also had 2 tootsie rolls. I feel bloated for some reason.
I was meaning to say my Rach has lost from 216 down to 180 since June. She looks really good, even though she is a brat at times.
It is wonderful to have Gab back! Her father brought over the clothes he bought. I didn't ask for the receipts, he didn't offer either. I guess I will just keep what he bought and go shopping myself on the 15th when I get paid again.
anyway , going to get Gab ready for bed and read to her.

G'night :)

RosieKate
11-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Well, didn't make it to IKEA. Hub thought it would be better to go Tuesday evening when it won't be so busy. L promptly threw a fit because she wanted to play at the childcare. Oh well.

Took J to urgent care because his nail was looking infected and gross. Ended up with antibiotics...so that's BOTH kids on drugs now. While we were there I made him get a flu shot so I wouldn't have to bring him back later..aren't I mean? He certainly thought so. But then I took him here (http://glowinggreens.com/GG/gallery.php) and that made up for it. We had to check it out as a birthday party possibility and he liked it. It's a pretty trippy place, I have to admit.

I tried the spelt/masa crust last night and everyone liked it - yay!

All in all, not a bad day.....BBL to chat some more

Mom2Gaby
11-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Thank goodness it is Monday!!!

WI, one pound down :yay: yay.

I woke up all stuffed up and w/ a headache. My tongue keeps playing with my chipped tooth and I think it is getting more chipped - dang.
Up early to take Beck to school, she is trying out for the basketball team.
I think I will go and get another hours sleep before Gab has to wake up.

Katy - How did your son get an infected toe? Poot thing, hope the drugs clear it up asap. I will have to check out the *party site * on the library computer, this old mac won't do it for me.

k- back for some more zzzzzzzzz's

RosieKate
11-05-2007, 01:19 PM
It's his finger and it looks really gross. Well, he changed his mind and is going with Laserport for his bday. Yippee ...a dozen 11 year olds running around shooting each other.

Yay on the one pound down, Susan! Have a nice nap...

I changed over to the new blog today and I posted some pics of the sweater I knit for my 20 pound "reward" . 'Course the sweater is a nice big snuggly one and you can't tell I've lost anything...oh well...there will be a next one!

Sassy_Chick
11-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey all.......

This morning I started having twinges of sharp shooting pain down my back into my leg and my arm............It still hurts............So I called off work for my shift tonight this morning and also made an appt w/ my dr. The next appt was going to be on Wed until they heard what my problem was then they squeezed me in today. Its at 2:30.

Anywho, I hope you all have a great day.

jules1216
11-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Katy--the sweater is beautiful and so are you!! I am glad the pizza crust worked for you, it was good when Joann treated us with it!!

SuzyQ--yea on the weightloss--good luck with the chipped tooth--I go in after Thanksgiving to get one I chipped taken care of.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

jules1216
11-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Hey Sassy--yikes--hope you get better fast--my shoulder and neck really bothered me this weekend.

Mom2Gaby
11-05-2007, 03:04 PM
:moped::scooter:STOP, TUCK and ROLL OVER TO THREAD #31! :moped::scooter: