Support Groups - Valentines Hotties (#2)

View Full Version : Valentines Hotties (#2)

SueMoo
01-15-2002, 01:20 AM
Hi there. Just restarting the thread. Geneve's disappeared? Very odd...

Hugs to you all, I'll post in the AM.

Sue

geneve
01-15-2002, 09:51 AM
Hi Sue...thanks for doing that, I tried to start the thread again yesterday but for some reason it just wont doit. Even odder, i get reminders to look atthe valentines thread..you know the e-mail thing saying someone has posted and when I check in it takes me somewhere else altogether.
I always was a bit of a jinx with the technical stuff!
I am still here, still Gymming but still not getting any thinner at all, in fact my weight is creeping up.
In desperation I am doing the cabbage soup diet this week. yes, i know Idon't believe in dieting but I really am desperate for a bit of quick weight loss. I have (honestly)been very careful to eat healthy stuff, and I've been exercising.I should throw my scales away. I have this awful thought that I might somehow be pregnant again...it'sreally very unlikely, but without my TOM I can't be sure and I truly should be getting lighter.
Oh well, if this doesn't owrk I'll have to find something else. One way or another I am going to be fit.
I have a valentines ball to go to...nothing fits over my mummy tummy and it's the first time I'll be meeting all the new people from DH's new company. ..ARGH!!
Geneve:^:

viola1
01-15-2002, 11:51 AM
Hi, Valentines is a big day for us. Many births and anniversaries in our family around that time! I'm doing better on this ww stuff. One night the kids were arguing at bedtime. I couldn't sleep and of course I snacked. Well, I added the snack to the next day's total and went from there.
I hope all goes well for your Valentine party. I hope you find the perfect outfit to wear.

bc
01-15-2002, 12:21 PM
Geneve twice this thread has dissappeared! Let's hope it stays now.

I have been a bit off because John has been home. I can't watch what I eat when he is watching. I think I am still within the points, however I can't stick to my routine.

I also need to get active.........or at least more active. It would be easier if he were willing to watch a baby while I moved.

This winter has really been mild. It has me thinking of spring.

Barb

Jen
01-17-2002, 10:04 AM
Hi all. How is everyone? We are all pretty good here. My weigh has kind of plateued, at least I haven't gained! I did so well that one week and since then it hasn't been as good. I'm still exercising, that is practically never a problem, it is the snacking that is doing me in. I get bored or something and I head for the snacks. I'm not eating anything terribly bad, though I did have a chocolate bar on Saturday, the first in ages. Well I have 4 weeks til Valentine's Day, I still have to lose 20 lbs to hit my goal (can we say NOT!) but I'm not giving up hope that I will lose at least another 10 lbs in that time.

geneve - I know we get all wrapped up in what we look like but I'm sure that these people will be more interested in YOU not what you are wearing. If it makes you feel better get a special haircut or updo or get your makeup done by a makeup artist for the evening. I'm sure you'll look fabulous!

bc - John isn't willing to look after the baby for an hour while you go out for a walk or something like that? Hello!!! it is his baby too. My hubby doesn't help all that much with Drake either but I do leave them together once in awhile if I need to go out. Don't ask if he can watch the baby tell him you are going out and the baby is staying home with him. I try and arrange it so it is during a naptime or after a feeding so the baby is in a good mood.

bc
01-17-2002, 11:46 AM
Well I am back on track after the birthday weekend. I really didn't go far off track as much as I stopped counting the points and documenting what I was eating. I know once I do that (or let my guard down) little treats start making their way to my mouth. Well not anymore! :)

Geneve I am sure you will charm everyone and they won't even notice any baby weight. Just go and have some fun.

Oh my I just remembered we have a Holiday party for my husband work tomorrow. We even got a babysitter for it! I haven't even thought of what I will wear. I guess I better make sure I shower that day :D -Ah the things we miss when we have babies.

Jen, it isn't as simple as John looking after a baby. We have three kids and each one needs attention at any given time. We have to help the oldest with his homework, read with the middle one, and keep the baby out of trouble. I think the problem is John doesn't have as much control over the kids and they tend to listen to me. Also adding a baby into the mix has curtailed a lot of our freedom, but hey she is wonderful too. When she is napping we are scurrying around to get things done around here.

Speaking of my little darling, my friend had to get her car worked on yesterday so she came over and hung out. We went to the shops and walked around had lunch and then I took her to the car place. It was about five or six hours total. Well today she sent an e-mail and said she kept talking about Is. She was so impressed that during that time Isabelle didn't fuss at all.

I did walk around yesterday when I was with my friend. Also I noticed my jeans that use to be big, and lately were getting to be tighter, are now loose again. I am not using a scale in this right now so I guess that is a sign that I really am on the right track. :D

Barb

geneve
01-18-2002, 01:17 PM
Pants! Everything wrote just disappeared!
Will try again later.
:mad:

geneve
01-19-2002, 09:14 AM
Hi everyone, I'm feeling glum, and wishing I had Barbs ability to live without scales! I have been so virtuous this week, gym tree times no wine, no cheese, no cholcolate,lots of veg etc etc. And I haven't lost an ounce. I thought I was a dead cert fro at least 3 lbs.
ALSO...took Ted to the shops this morning to buy him a special reward for his excellent school work. It was great we had lots of fun choosing AND I took him to Mc Donalds (only a coffee for me...see how good I am). Anyway, he chose this fab toy sewing machine that really sews...and it had a pair of scissors with it. No sooner does he get the thing home than he runs upstairs and cuts his own hair. Now ted is a beautiful child (and that's not just parental bias) with gorgeous dark blonde curls...he cut his fringe (bangs) right back to the scalp.And he knows he shouldn't do it...he's had the odd snip before but nothing like this.
DH has just taken him to the barbers, I have an awful feeling he'll have to have it clipped.
Honestly...kids. They find a new way to drive me mad every day.
I was talking to a friend about my lack of weight loss and she says it might be that I am gaining muscle at the gym at a fater rate than I am losing fat. well, whatever, i'm feeling a bit down about it all.
blah blah
Geneve:mad:

viola1
01-19-2002, 03:19 PM
I hope you got a picture of him! They look hilarious when they cut their own hair! The toy sounds cool, but I bet there are a lot of moms out there with bald kids today and it's all McDonald's fault!

geneve
01-19-2002, 05:38 PM
This must be my moaning day (again) just tried to measure myself for a bra now the breast feeding is finally ending. So depressing. Please,please,please let em find a way to get back into some kind of shape NOW. I feel like a complete monster. Really glum. Sorry ladies...I just feel like I'm deluding myself sometimes, that I will never get there. I don't know why things aren't working out at the moment and it's hard to keep on trying, but I will, imust. i hate looking and feeling like this.
Sorry again, back to mormal asap, Ipromise!
Geneve

SueMoo
01-21-2002, 11:37 AM
I'm turning into such a lurker. I'll try to be better. Hi Voila, nice to have you joining us. Happy Birthday Barb. Hi there Jen and Geneve. Geneve, the muscle/weight loss thing is COMPLETELy true. When I first started lifting weights, I maintained for like, 3 weeks, then all of a sudden I started losing faster than before. First you build the muscle, which weighs more, then the muscle stokes up your calorie burning fires all day long, every day, so that you will start to see a faster loss. It really is the best thing you can do for yourself, just hang in there. (OK, and WHY am I not taking my own advice?)

I've gotten back into the swing of my healthy eating, but haven't quite gotten back into exercising yet. I really need to recommit myself. However, I made my weight watchers 10% goal today (lose 10% of your original body weight). I feel pretty good about that. I also am down into the next smaller size of jeans, FINALLY. That's a good feeling too. Also, I'm finally back in the 100s - 199. I never thought I'd be happy to be 199, but I am.

Do any of you have events coming up that you are using for motivation? I know Geneve has the Valentines ball... I have some kind of event every month for the next few months - I'm definitely using them to stay motivated. In the middle of next month, I turn 30 (WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!). Hey, I partly made my goal, not to be in the 200s when I turn 30. In March, my brother is getting married. In April we're going to DisneyWorld. In May, boating season starts back up, and it's (gasp) bathing suit time. I'm trying to set little goals for myself that I need to meet before each event. Like, I want to lose another size by my birthday. Hopefully it will help me stay motivated. When I look at how much more weight I have to lose to get to my goal, it's too overwhelming. Well, that's about all I have to say. I'm so boring. Hang in there everyone, and have a healthy week!

Sue

250 highest preg weight/225 joined WW/199 current/155 goal

geneve
01-21-2002, 03:15 PM
Sue, well done, under 200 is great news!
I'm still feeling miserable, everyone I meet seems to be sucessfully losing pounds and here I am stuck and fat BUT I WILL go on exercising and I WILL go on trying.
Oh well, off to do some more situps!
Good luck to you all this week.
Geneve

bc
01-23-2002, 10:04 PM
My gosh! I lost you guys!

I had this set up to send me e-mail reminders and I hadn't heard anything in days. I thought people were just busy, but I guess something went wrong.

I am back. I have been sick and I am afraid I have been eating my way through this cold. I haven't had the sweets but food has been consumed much more than when I am watching things.

I know I have to get on track. I hope I will be feeling better soon.

Barb

Jen
01-24-2002, 04:22 PM
Barb - sorry I didn't understand that you had other children that needed minding as well. It must be tough to find any time to yourself. Hope you are feeling better.

geneve - I am certain that you are building lots of muscles with all your gym work and that is why you are not seeing any change on the scale. I am going through the same thing but I am positive that my legs muscles are getting stonger because of all my walking. Don't let it get you down, keep up with your exercise and eventually the scale will catch up. Don't forget that muscle burns more calories all the time not just when you are exercising so the more muscle you have the more calories you will burn.

Sue - talking about an upcoming event to motivate us, my long term goal is to be in better shape when I go back to work in September. Also my mom promised to quit smoking if I lost weight. She has been bugging me about it for years and so finally we had it out over the phone one night because I was tired of listening to her about it. She wanted to have a little competition to see who could lose 20lbs the fastest but I know she would eat really unhealthy to do it. her idea of losing weight is to eat the same thing day in and day out, from the example she gave me it was about 800 calories. Well sure you are going to lose weight quickly but it will never stay off once you start eating normally again. She just can't get that through her head though. Anyway that is my motivation.

Well things are okay here. Drake is doing wonderfully. He is almost rolling over. He'll get over on his side and he can get his lower body over but his upper body doesn't want to follow it. I started him again on solid food a couple of weeks ago and he is doing really well. So far he has had rice and barley cereal with no problems.

I'm going to be getting my own computer too which will be very helpful in me logging on everyday. This computer is in the spare room and there isn't any room for Drake. the other computer will go downstairs in the living room where it will be much easier to keep an eye on Drake while I'm on the computer.

Take care all, hope everyone is well.

bc
01-24-2002, 04:59 PM
Jen, that is ok. It is just life gets busier and busier. My cold is on the mend and I am gaining some control back in my eating. Still not perfect, but getting closer. :)

Geneve, You should pay attention to how your clothes fit. That might tell you more about your muscle tone.

I was sent a post card from LA Weightloss today. it showed two women who had lost weight post baby................ah they make it look so easy! :^:

Isabelle is getting bigger and older. She is pulling up on the crib now and standing. She also sees climbing my leg as a challenge/adventure and goes for it with a smile. She is definatly a cheerful child and a big time keeper (just wish we could halt that movement development ;) ) I want her to say "Mamma" but she just says "Ayyy" How much do you want to bet she learns "Da da" first. She just turned 8 months on Sunday. She is a lovey.

Barb

geneve
01-24-2002, 05:42 PM
Hi,so nice to hear the baby news.
Leo will be 6 months on Feb 6th. Until recently he was rolling half way and getting stuck like Drake, but has now mastered rolling all the way over then crying. He gets around very fast backwards..he lies on his back,bounces his little bottom up and down and pushes off with his feet. looks ungainly but he can shift. Went to get the phone the other day and he was on his rug, came back and he was half way across the room with a fost full of cat hair!Sounds like Isabelle will be taking her first steps soon. Such a pretty name.
Jen, you did a good thing refusing to get into a dieting competition with your Mother. Mine does things like that and it drives me mad...makes me feel like rushng to the fridge. If she smokes she shouldn't nag you to lose weight. I gave up smoking 4 years ago, and yes, I did put on weight but I'm not dumb enough to start again. Parents can just be the worst...mine are anyway!
Off to bed now...gym in the morning.Although I'm disappointed about the weight thing I won't let it stop me...I want to be fit and going to the gym will get me there, even if I'm not thin...I'll be able to hurlthe next person who makes a rude remark about my figure across the room!
Onwards and upwards,
geneve
:cool:

Jen
01-25-2002, 08:01 AM
Morning all. Had a very sleepless nite, woke up around 2am and couldn't get my brain to shut down. We went to visit some friends yesterday who bought a townhouse and there is one down the road from them for sale. We've been thinking about getting into something else and this may be it. We really like the layout of their place and this place should be exactly the same. We checked the price on the web site and it is a lot more than what they paid for theirs about 6 grand so I think the sellers would probably come down then if we could sell our place for a few thousand more than what we paid we would cover the agent's commission and all the selling costs without having to put out any money. Plus with the interest rates so low right now we would have smaller payments. So I was thinking about all this stuff last night. First I'll have to call the agent and see what they might take. The hubby has been wanting to get out of this place for awhile, it was a major mistake buying it. Not that it isn't a nice place which it is but he went along with it because I really liked it and he didn't. Won't make that mistake again because I feel bad everytime he complains about something.

Geneve - keep up that positive attitude. It is great that you are keeping up with the gym and I am certain you will see results on the scale.

Barb - Yeah I wish we could all lose weight like Hollywood actresses who have nannies to look after their kids while they go to their personal trainers. I'd lose weight quick too!

Well take care all, I'll let you know how it goes with the house.

geneve
01-25-2002, 02:54 PM
Jen, sounds like you have lots of good reasons to move...plus you would be close to your friends, always a bonus for baby sitting if nothing else! I know, what a mercenary I am:devil:
I'd like to move, not that there's anything wrong with this place, I'm just the restless type.
Had a better workout today and am feeling more positive.
Those poor little rich girls with their nannies and personal trainers! Can you imagine saying to your personal chef 'oh yes, i'll only be eating 1,500 calories today but I'd like three square meals and some snacks too, and can you work it so I can have a glass of wine after dinner...then having some hunk come over and make you feel special while you work out, then swim a few lengths in your own pool. Oh, and if you feel bored or down, no need to goto the fridge, just head for Rodeo drive, fith ave or kensington high street for a bit of retail therapy? Clothes don't fit?Oh well, emerald ALWAYS fit me:lol:
Oh well, good job I'm such a well balanced person and understand thet money doesn't equal happiness...she said through gritted teeth!
Have a good weekend everyone.
We have visitors so doubt I'll post unless they drive me to distraction and I'm up at 2 as well!
Geneve

bc
01-25-2002, 03:59 PM
Jen, the new house sounds great. You will have to let us know how it goes. I picked out this house and my husband is always reminding me how he didn't want this one (not much yard), but he picked out the last one so it all balances out in the end.

Geneve, glad you are keeping up with the workouts. I am sure your body is loving it. :)

LOL, I am enjoying your posts on stars losing weight :D, however, I think I better clarify the LA Weighloss is a chain sort of like Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig. I believe their diet is more a low carb high protein diet. The moms on the card were real people. I just know it would never work for me. I have a friend who joined LA Weightloss and she could eat VERY little. Makes me hungry just to think of what she lived on.

I went to my boy's classes today for lunch. I am afraid Isabelle is a scene stealer. She is like a kid magnet. I suppose it was something to break up their day. She enjoyed the attention.

I am happy to say I am back on track with my eating. I have a few veggies I eat when I am near the point total and since they are veggies they don't have any points. It is wonderful to know I can eat something for "free"

My cold is on the mend too. Glad it didn't hang around for ever.

Barb

Dreamer
01-25-2002, 08:03 PM
Hi everyone - all the babies sounds like they are doing quite well!

Barb, Isabella is a quick one isn't she?

Jen - Drake does sound like he is doing well. And I agree, good on you for not going into a dieting competition with your Mum. Her starving herself to lose weight would not help anyone.

Sue congrats on getting under 200. Way to go!

Geneve - are you feeling any better? I hope so. And yes, how are your clothes fitting? Being so good with gymming it is quite possible you are gaining muscle faster than losing fat. Get off the scales girl :)

Well over here, Charlotte is now 9 months and she pulls up and stuff, but she still won't crawl! She has just started to get up onto all fours, so we are hoping it won't be long. She is very vocal though - Mum, Dad, Nanna, Bub have all been around for a few months. She does all the clapping, shaking etc. But she refuses to wave. So funny when we drop her off at the dcp and wave goodbye for 5 minutes - rather than wave back she just laughs at us!

My big news is that despite still breastfeeding, no af and using protection... I'm pregnant. Haven't had an ultrasound yet, but we're guessing only about 6 weeks. So I'll have two kids about 18 months apart. AHHH! My job ends in 4 weeks, so this is all a bit scary, but of course it is exciting too, another baby :) I did want to try for a boy next time, but I guess if she has a sister that close in age that will be nice?

I just wish I'd made goal! I'm going to keep gymming - I've only used 2 months of my membership - until about 7 months if I can and then I'll just walk and do some weights at home. I want to just put on the 15-25 pounds this time. Not 45! I'm still carrying 10 from last time after all....

Anyway, enough from me. Sorry I'm so MIA, but I do lurk a lot!
Sam
179(9 months pg)/141/130

SueMoo
01-26-2002, 11:49 AM
Oh my gosh Sam! That is so exciting! Scary, but exciting. I'll send boy vibes your way ~~~~ ;> You've really gotten very close to your goal weight - that's so great. I've heard that the smaller you are, the harder it is to lose the pounds. Do you think that's true? It's good to hear from you.

Jen - how exciting! Go for it! There are so many benefits to living near good friends. For one thing, you can trade babysitting. :D Housing issues must be in the air - we're going to look at houses today too. Las Vegas has a great housing market - it's one of the most affordable places to live in the US, when you look at salary vs. housing costs. We're hoping to sell our house next January, and get a bigger one. I know that's a long way off, but I love to look at houses. I'm a realtor (I got my license for personal use, I don't do it for a living), so I can use my realtor "superkey" to go inside any house that's for sale in the city. Sometimes we go look at multi-million dollar estates, just for fun. Last week we saw one that had a 16 horse stable, indoor pool, and was 21,000 square feet. What on earth would you do with a 21,000 square foot house?!!?

Barb and Geneve, I'm so glad you're both feeling better. Geneve, sounds like Leo is ready to take off. Are you babyproofed? I haven't done a thing like that. Hopefully I've got another month or two before I need to worry about it. Barb, isn't WW good? It really helps me. It's the only way of eating that I've found, that I can stick to, and that lets me lose weight. It really teaches you about appropriate servings and stuff, doesn't it?

Megan is 5 months old now. She gets to eat fun stuff now, like apricots and blueberries, etc. She gets so excited when it's time to eat. I love it. We went to Chilis last night (I stayed good, had the Guiltless Chicken), and she was getting so excited watching me eat, I finally fed her a bit of squash from my plate. She made a mess, but liked it. She's so much fun now.

I'm STILL not exercising. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM!!!! :rolleyes: Please kick me in the butt. Oh well, at least I'm eating healthy.

Take care and have a great weekend,
Sue

bc
01-26-2002, 02:36 PM
Sue what a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb

geneve
01-26-2002, 06:08 PM
What a beautiful baby Sue! Interested in an arranged marriage...God knows I'd like good looking grandchildren;) I must try to work out how to get a picture on here, I would LOVE to see all the babes.
Sam, WOW....you must be feeling so many different emotions. I'm scared I'm pregnant...no MP but too scared to take a test. My first was an against all the odds accident so I know they happen, and for a good reason I am sure.
Must get to bed....
Geneve

geneve
01-28-2002, 09:06 AM
Happy mondays everyone.
I just wanted to apologise for my poor opinion of weightwatchers. I had a sit down with the CD rom this morning and I had a few shocks with the points thing. I am going to try and persevere with it, as obviously I'm not as well informed about my food choices as I had imagined!
Geneve

Jen
01-31-2002, 03:51 PM
Hi all. Just time for a quick post. Drake started rolling over all the way this past weekend so we were thrilled with that. The house thing did not work out. We put in 2 offers but the guy is holding out for his asking price, oh he did go down $900 after the first offer, big wow. It is too bad as we really liked the place. We are keeping an eye on it as the agent doesn't think he will get what we wants as all the places around him are going for much less and his place is not all that special that someone is going to pay that much more. So in a few weeks he may change his tune.

Take care all.

geneve
02-02-2002, 04:16 AM
sorry about the house Jen,but I'd hang on in there...if the market is the same there as it is here, looks like we are coming to the end of a boom in prices. If his hopes are unrealistic he won't sell the house to anyone else either.
Just wanted you to know that after a week of WW(never over points) and 2 trips to the gym I've lost NOTHING! This is becoming a bit of a joke now. I should throw the scales away, and I'm not as down about it as I was, but I do wonder what exactly I need to do loe this weight. It's not as if it's just a few pounds either.
Oh well, I'll just have to keep on keeping on as they say.
Anyone else lurkig out there?Post a few words, I'm lonely!
Geneve:(

geneve
02-02-2002, 12:57 PM
Here to vent so ignore this if you want. Dad and sister came to visit today,he had been here but a few minutes before he started making cracks about my weight, and it went on all day, I should just write him off as the bully he is but instead I'm undoing my hard work sitting here with a glass of wine and a familiar burning in my eyes from trying not to cry.
When I was a kid was too tall, too freckly, too smart, too lippy, and now I'm just too fat, but hey, I've managed to snare a decent husband and produce two lovely sons...better look out, if I don't sort myself out I'll lose him you know, no man wants to take his wife out looking like that.....
To be honest I think it's too late for me, but so help me I will never ever run my kids down.
That's all ....cheers ladies.
Geneve

bc
02-02-2002, 04:07 PM
Geneve, you answered your own rant. You have managed to do quite well in life and you shouldn't let your father get you down!

Go ahead and have the glass of wine, but do so in celebration.

I doubt your husband would ONLY love you if you were slender. I am large and I know my husband loves me (even if he wishes I were smaller) no matter WHAT my size. There is much more that goes into a person than their size and we (society) needs to stop thinking size is the only way to rate a person. Live a good life, treat people fairly, try to impart a love/sense of joy into your kids, and be satisfied you have done well.

Sometimes we really can learn from our parents mistakes.

Barb

SueMoo
02-03-2002, 11:31 PM
Hi ladies...

Thanks for the kind words about my little one. I totally agree with you, hee-hee....

Geneve, hang in there, things will get better. Personally, I think that WW really does work, but it is centered around slow and steady weight loss. Emphasis on the slow. Sometimes it takes a week or two for the water weight to go away. And if you are gaining muscle, you may have lost 3 pounds of fat, and gained 3 pounds of muscle, but guess how much less room the muscle takes up! Have you tried measuring yourself, instead of worrying about the scale? Some people find that it works much better for them and is more accurate... Do your clothes fit differently?

Hugs to you about your dad. No offense, but what a jerk. I'm right there with you - I've just had another major fight with my mom, and I'm feeling quite devastated about it. Parents can make you feel rotten in ways that other people can't. I tell myself to ignore her, she's a bitter, poisonous person - but the words she has to say can't help but echo in my brain. I am fighting SUCH an urge for brownies right now, I swear. I will NOT do such things to my daughter. She is so precious to me - I can't imagine having a twisted up relationship like that with her. I pray that we will be good friends when she's older, and that I will always be a support to her - lifting her up, not tearing her down. Sigh.

Jen, sorry about your house. It's such a tense time when you make an offer. Some sellers are just really stupid. Wow, Drake is rolling early -STRONG BABY - watch out, he'll be mobile before you know it. Meg just started rolling over CONSISTENTLY, in the last 3 weeks.

Well, I've droned on for long enough. I need to lose 1.5 more pounds to hit 30 pounds off since joining WW at the end of October. Wish me luck with getting there sometime this week. (A girl can dream...) Hope you all have a good week.

Take care,

Sue

250 highest preg weight/225 joined WW/196.5 current/155 goal

bc
02-03-2002, 11:54 PM
Ok a quick one here. We have been sick in the house today and nobody has wanted to eat. Guess I don't have to worry about points today! :)

Sue you are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!

A quick single serve brownie is the No Pudge brownie mix and yogurt. I use a coffee scoop (perhaps a tablespoon or two) and moisten it with whatever yogurt I have on hand. Zap it in the microwave for 1 minute. I believe this is suppose to be one point per a brownie. If you can't find the No Pudge locally try it with some other lowfat box brownie and it might just work. It is worth a try. Earlier, I had bought the No Pudge but they are a bit pricy so I went and bought a lesser low fat brownie mix and made it with yogurt instead of the oil and water. It turned out great. I haven't tried it with the single brownies though. Just make sure you eat those low fat brownies pretty fresh they get hard quickly. :D

Barb

Jen
02-04-2002, 11:47 PM
Hi all. I agree 100% with everyone about PARENTS! Please don't let me be like my mom to Drake. I phoned her one night last week and was telling her about this house and all she did was criticize and say, oh I wouldn't buy a townhouse and on and on about all the rotten things about buying a condo. I got off the phone and I felt so upset. I wanted to buy the place more than ever.

Not much new going on with the weight. I know I have gained but I think a lot of it is water as I tend to retain a lot when I am not drinking much. Also the exercise has been in the toilet due to all the snow we have had lately and today it was really really cold. Too cold to take the baby out for a long walk even if I bundled him up. If I am inside I feel like I should be working on the house so I do little bits here and there. I should be getting on my bike and have a good ride every day. My hubby is getting on my nerves big time with all the stuff with his work. Today he phoned and said he was figuring he was going to get fired as he was ready to tell someone to F-off. Well that just makes my day. Make me head right for the cookie jar. He didn't but everyday is the same. He comes home all grumpy. He worked all weekend and hasn't spent any time with me barely. Heaven only knows when we were in the bedroom for anything but sleep. He's either too tired or headachey or not feeling well or the baby is crying or something. I am getting frustrated and upset by all of this too. I am just waiting for him to start complaining about the lack of sex. It always seems to be my fault.

Sorry about the long vent there. Just seems like everything always comes down at once. I feel bad about not losing weight. I look back at the day around this time and I wonder what I was thinking, I ate too much and didn't exercise. My eating lately has been terrible. Not just only too much but way too many carbs. I'm not eating enough fruits and veggies that's for sure. I'm sure to die of scurvy!

Sue - your little girl is too cute! When did you start her on veggies and fruits? Drake is almost 5 months and we are still working on cereal. I was going to start him on veggies soon, what did you start with? Congrats on your weight loss, you are doing so great!!!

Geneve - our parents sound a great deal alike. Do you ever get a word out of your dad's mouth that isn't a criticism? That's what I feel like when I talk to my mom too. Don't give up yet!! You are doing so well sticking with your gym program, the scale will start to move, give it some time.

SueMoo
02-05-2002, 02:18 AM
Barb, thanks for the tip about the brownies - great idea! I'm going to the store to hunt for some No Pudge mix tomorrow... :> I hope everyone in your house is feeling better... Were you sick too?

Jen, I totally sympathize about the exercise. I haven't exercised once since Christmas. I just can't seem to get off my butt and do it, and I don't even have an excuse, because my DH would give me time to do it if I wanted to. We have an exercise/weight machine in the garage. Man, when we all get in these doldrums, diet and exercise wise, I swear, as long as we get through them without gaining, it's still a victory.

Ouch, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with DH. I hope it will pass soon - that his situation at work will improve. I totally hear you though - my DH is applying for new jobs right now with the FBI right now, and also as a Federal Air Marshall. I hope that he gets one of them, because he is absolutely MISERABLE where he is, and it's making me crazy.

Oh, I re-read my post about the veggies and fruits for Megan. I should clarify - she is eating baby food fruits and veggies, not 'real' fruits and veggies. If I put anything in her mouth besides mushy baby food and cereal, it just comes right back out. She's not ready for it yet. I started her on fruits and veggies about a week after the cereal. She didn't like the cereal plain. I started with applesauce, then gave her carrots, then sweet potatoes, then other fruits. It was so funny to see her reaction the first time she got something that actually tasted good. She was SO excited. I couldn't get it into her mouth fast enough. She is turning into quite a little butterball.

You should all post some pictures of your little ones, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them...

Well, I'd better run.
Hugs,
Sue

geneve
02-06-2002, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone and thanks for the kind words. And yes, my father is a total jerk, which doubtless explains why he is living out a very lonely old age with his bitterness and bigotry to keep him company. C'est la vie.
Leo has conjunctivitis....he has there huge brown puppy dog eyes and long long lashes so it looks awful. Hope the eye drops work soon it's breaking my heart.
Went out to buy some new clothes today...my trousers are much loser, it's just the top half...there are 3 full sizes difference, so I have no hope of a dress.In fact I gave up after a while, I'm not overawed with the current fashions, it all looks very 1970's and I like very understated stuff...you know in my mind I'm Audrey Hepburn, but taller, and I just KNOW she wouldn't wear flares!
Can't go to the gym as Leo too contagious for the creche.
great diet day today though, too busy to eat until about 4.00 this afternoon, then DH made an inedible stir fry for dinner. I do feel the need for a custard cream with my tea though!

Adios, geneve
;)

Jen
02-08-2002, 10:08 AM
Hi all. My eating is so out of control it isn't funny. Also haven't exercised in ages. It has been so cold out I don't want to take Drake out for a walk. Yesterday when I could have taken him for a walk I was stuck at home as we had the living room/dining room windows replaced. I've made a decision to do SlimFast for awhile just until my eating gets back under control. My biggest problem is snacking when I am bored. If I can say to myself, you've had your Slimfast and you've had your scheduled snack so no more eating maybe I can stick to some sort of plan. I think I told everyone about the house thing, we are still thinking of selling so I'm working on the house too but my heart just isn't in it. I feel all out of whack. I was on a great schedule until all this started with the house and now I feel like I don't know what I am doing. :( Anyway I'm going to try to get back on track today. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Also keep your fingers crossed that my TOM gets going soon!!! My last pill was Saturday and I had a tiny bit of bleeding on Wednesday and a tiny bit this morning. I hope I'm not what I am starting to think. I've felt crampy a lot and certainly have been all PMS'y. It's way too soon to be thinking about another baby. I was thinking about that last night and this morning and boy did it make me depressed! Clearly it is too soon, so let's keep our fingers crossed!

Sue - I didn't figure you were giving Meg really fruits and veggies. Do you make your own baby food or buy it in the jars? I gave Drake rice, barley and oatmeal cereals first and just started him yesterday on sweet potatoes. The first bite, oh you should have seen the face, a real what in the heck was that face, but he ate it all and kept it down. Next on the menu is squash. The kid is eating healthier than I am. I guess that says it all.

Geneve - I'm so happy to hear that your pants are getting looser, see all that gym work is paying off!:D Hope Leo is doing better, poor little guy, is it giving him much pain?

Oh by the way the DH has been better, I don't know if it the people at work are not being such idiots or if he is caring less, who knows. I told him I can't understand why he gets so worked up, clearly they don't care nearly as much as he does about anything so why get crazy over it? Maybe he is finally taking my advice.

Jen
02-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Hi all. Just thought I would post a quick update. I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative but still I have not had any more bleeding and still feeling kind of crampy. so I don't know what to think. I'm going to wait out the weekend and if still nothing I'm going to take another test. Something is definately going on. I'm feeling extremely freaked out though the negative test helped a little. Does anyone have any words of wisdom that might help? I normally start my period by the 3rd or 4th day after I take my last pill and this is the 6th day. I had a normal period last month. I'm going to go out for a walk and hopefully it will calm my nerves. Take care.

bc
02-08-2002, 02:51 PM
Jen, I just read in a magazine that the false negatives from home pregnancy tests can be avoided if you follow up a full week after. I guess sometimes your body just needs time to produce the hormone. It was in a current magazine and I can look up the rates if you like...or point you to the magazine -just let me know.

I went to the doctor for a physical and they tested my blood. I guess all is fine now. The meds are working. I hadn't lost weight since the last time I went in November and I was bummed because I had been following WW (for the most part) for a month. The doctor said I just need to kick start my metabolism and grab exercise whenever I can. She suggested 10 minutes a few times a day would work.... and is better than nothing.

Today I am off because the kids are home and life is crazy, but I am going to be ontrack ASAP. I really need to do something! It is always so easy for me to be virtuous(sp?) after I have eaten something bad (pringles and cheese).........lets see if I can be good now.

Jen, I am glad your husband is doing better with work. It must be difficult with a baby, thinking you Might be pregnant, and a dissatisfied husband. Hang in there! Things will be better!

Geneve, those clothes fitting looser is the best sign! You are building muscle and that will help you. I want to get to that point and I think I have to make those small steps I am taking turn into bigger steps.

Isabelle is crawling and pulling up on everything! I think she might be testing our cleaning skills. She is moving around but she has no reasoning skills so everything goes into her mouth. My other kids were older by the time they moved around so they were more discriminating about putting things in their mouth. She is eating everything now too. She especially wants what I am eating. Salads are difficult to eat in front of her.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Barb

SueMoo
02-08-2002, 04:05 PM
Oooh Jen, I'm holding my breath for you... Let us know when you know. One thing - when you've been dieting, I've heard that sometimes you can skip your period - especially if you're dieting drastically... Could that be it? About the baby food - I'm lazy, I buy the jars. Almost everything we eat in this house comes pre-packaged, lol. I'm not much of a cook. Do you make your own?

Barb, that's good about your meds working. I am sort of dreading the day that Meg starts crawling - I'll have to start being vigilant about keeping stuff up off of the floor. Luckily, she isn't really showing many signs of being ready to take off. She has just mastered sitting though, which is exciting. Isabella is pulling up on stuff? Ooh, scary - soon you will have a cruiser!!! :>

OK, this is totally NOT healthy eating (but I've never eaten healthy, and probably never will, so OH WELL), but I thought I would share the secret to the little bit of weight loss success I've had so far.... Fudgesicles. Seriously, they are only 2 points, so whenever I'm feeling snacky, I grab a fudgesicle. The kind I get are Schwans, and they are really creamy and take a long time to eat (because they are so cold), so by the time I'm done, I feel like I've actually eaten something. If it wasn't for fudgesicles, Blue Bunny crunch popsicles (ice cream coated with nestle crunch type chocolate - also 2 points), and Skinny Cows, I don't know if I would've lost anything. I'm too much of a snacker.

That is my sad, but true story. Have a great weekend everyone!

Sue

geneve
02-08-2002, 04:51 PM
Hi everyone!
Jen...I've just been through a very similar thing but was so worried I was pergnant didn't write about it. I'm not, but I was very worried for a few weeks...I hadn't had a period since Leo (6 mths) and was feeling odd, a bit sick in the mornings (the power of negative thinking) I did a pregnancy test which was hard to interpret. Last weekend was desperate so did another...negative. Period next day, so DON'T PANIC!!!
Interested to hear about the slim fast as I have been thinking about it too, just for a few eeeks. I mean it's all very well, exercising like mad but I DO want to lose weight, and although I know full well faddy diets don't work long time, maybe for a few weeks it might shift a few punds and get me started.I'll think on it over the weekend!
I'm in culture shock...what is a fudgesickle?It sounds vile!!! I have to tell you I'm not sure about the food over the other side of the pond, especially what you call cheese...and the bread all tasted sweet! My sister in law makes us take over a suitcase full of English bread, cheese, chocolate and twiglets (a kind of chip) when we go to New York!!Mind you, your ice cream is dangerously addictive!
Have ahappy weekend everyone!
Geneve

SueMoo
02-08-2002, 09:33 PM
ha-ha-ha-ha

It's a popsicle - frozen ice cream type treat, but it isn't ice cream. Chocolate flavored. Really very good. Not a diet food, a regular dessert type food.

LOL..........

Jen
02-09-2002, 12:00 PM
Hi all. Thanks for everyone's support. I haven't been dieting drastically that would alter my period but geneve you give me a little hope. I wish that I would get my period!!! We are going crazy thinking about it. I still feel really crampy and last night started having those pulling sensations when the uterine ligaments start stretching. Also call me crazy but I think I am having breast tenderness. I am going to wait out the weekend and take another test first thing Monday morning. Then I'll be on the phone to the dr one way or the other. If I am pg then I'll have to start the prenatal visits, if not then I need to know what is going on down there. I'm thinking of a lot of things that could make me not have a period and all of them are not good. I'll let you know on Monday what happens. Take care all.

geneve
02-10-2002, 05:07 AM
sue, I have never heard of such a thing...we have lollies (frozen orange etc) and we have ice cream but not this...maybe I should start importing them and make my fortune! Shame you can't send them over the net!I'll have to look out next time I'm in the States.
DH and Ted are off to nets...cricket practice, traditional warm up to the season, which I am dreading ths year. A game of cricket starts in the afternoon and carries on past my kids bed time, every Sunday through the summer.The team he plays for rarely win, and last year he broke two fingers, which is a bit of a problem for a systems bod! In effect it turns the weekends into one day for me. AND I'll be in trouble woth the priest for not bringing Ted to church on Sundays, but how can I make him do something his Father won't?
I'm such a moaner sometimes aren't I???:dizzy:
Anyway, some good news, I lost a couple of pounds this week. At last.Long may it continue.
Jen, the more you worry the longer the delay.....
Oh well,time to get on
Geneve:D

geneve
02-10-2002, 09:49 AM
Oh...and I measured, in 2 weeks have lost 1/2 inch from my waist and 1 inch from my hips. Probably put 5 on my bust!!!
Anyway 68lbs to go and then I'll be buying a bikini!
Jen, hang on in there...you and I seems to have much in common, and I know it's horrible to be stuck inside in the cold weather, but I know you can do it. Don't let everyone else make you fat! I wish I could make my parents/husband/kids do the 'stress' eating every time they get on my nerves...they'd all be the size of houses and I'd be skinny!I know in my heart of hearts that if I beat this it will be so good for me, I will be showing them that I have control of my life...it's a cliche but those extra pounds can be a shield.So come on Jen, a few sit ups and some of Sue's popsicles and let your husband and parents do their own worrying and bullying.
You'll soon be jogging round the mall in your shorts!
:)

Jen
02-11-2002, 07:56 AM
Morning everyone. Just wanted to let you know what happened with my last test. I did it this morning first thing when the hormone levels are supposed to be the highest and it came back negative. So I have to believe that I am not pregnant but something else must be going on for me to have this cramping and lower back pain. I'm going to phone the dr first thing and get a blood test done just to be sure and get an appointment. I'll keep you updated.

Geneve - what great news about you losing some inches!! I'm doing a lot better that my previous posts. Saturday night I got some energy and did a lot of tidying up around the house which really improved my mood.

Sue - that's a great idea with the fudgesicles, maybe I'll have a go with that too.

I've been doing the slimfast successfully for the past 4 days so I'm hoping that I'll see some results soon. I'm going to get out for my walks again too, I don't care what is going on with the house, getting my exercise is so much more important!! If I can't walk because of the cold I'll bike inside but one way or the other I'm going to exercise.

Take care all.

geneve
02-11-2002, 04:12 PM
Pleased for you Jen.
Do you get hungry with the slimfast?I looked at it in the shops but didn't want to buy any!
Went mad at the gym today, 15 minutes rowing 32strokes + per minute, 20 minutes uphill on the bike, 100 sit ups of various sorts plus 20 on most of the machines.
Leo woke me up at 4.00am and DH was useless in the night and grumpy all day before. I was in such a bad mood I had plenty of anger to work off! Imagine I won't be able to walk tomorrow!

Jen
02-12-2002, 08:06 AM
Hi all. Well I hope that negative was a definate negative as I was still having a bit of cramping last night and was sick to my stomach. Not actually throwing up but feeling like it a lot. I never get sick like that so when I do I know there is something wrong. I called the dr yesterday and she wasn't in and the woman I talked to on the phone was really no help. She told me just to continue on with my pills and wait and see what happens next month. I think that was very poor advice because if I am pregnant I shouldn't be taking the pills . Also I don't want to wait a whole month to find out. I'll be a nervous wreck the whole time. I tried to explain to her that I've been taking the pill for 16 years and never ever missed a period like this except when I was pregnant. Well I am actually going to go to the dr's office today and talk to someone else. I'm sure that they can set me up with a blood test. Just because I had two negatives doesn't mean anything. It could just be that it is too early and the level of the hormone isn't very high yet. I know those tests are very sensitive but still you never know. I want a definate NO from a blood test and I want a pelvic exam to see why I am having this cramping. For all I know I have some kind of infection or cyst or something.

Geneve - yes I do get hungry on the slimfast but I make sure that I have some lowfat snacks. Also I probably eat a bit more than what they recommend. I have a slimfast in the morning with a banana, apple for a morning snack, slimfast at lunch, yogurt and graham crackers for snack and then dinner. Usually we eat dinner later in the evening but with this I have to eat by 6 or 7 at the very latest or I am so hungry I will eat anything. good work with the gym, you are doing so well at that, keep it up!!

Is anyone watching the Olympics? I watched the ceremonies Friday night and have been catching it off and on since. I went and bought a hat like the Canadian atheletes wore in the opening ceremonies. Apparently Roots designed the costumes for Canada, USA and Great Britain. They sell the USA stuff too in the Roots store in Toronto. Very nice stuff but terribly expensive.

geneve
02-13-2002, 12:22 PM
I love the Roots stuff, I get my cousins in Canada to send the sweatshirts over for the kids.
DH skiis (me too one day when I'm thin enough to feel confident) and we have the olympics on here now...of course the UK won't win anything, the only regular snow we get here is in scotland. Still I'd like a go on the bob sleigh, squashed in the middle of those hunky men!!!

bc
02-13-2002, 01:24 PM
LOL Geneve! Right now I think those hunky men would just consider me an extra pillow on their bobsled.

I am trying to do well eating. I am as I sit absorbed by the computer.......thinking of hopping on the Precor and getting a bit of a sweat. And I wonder why I don't get it in! The baby is napping and I am on the computer!!!!!!

Someday this computer will break, we won't hve the money to replace it, and I will get other stuff done!

;)
Barb

Jen
02-13-2002, 02:14 PM
hi all. went to the dr's office yesterday and had another pg test which was again negative. she sent me for the blood test and I'm going in next week for a pelvic exam. so probably I am not pg but I won't be happy until I have the blood test results and have a pelvic exam. I've been feeling okay today, no cramping or lower back pain.

barb - I am with you! Some days I feel like I spend more time talking about losing weight on this message board when I could be exercising. Not that I am downplaying the importance of coming here and getting support but maybe some part of me just doesn't want me to be thin.

geneve - hey have a little faith in your fellow countrymen. I heard that there is a Canadian who has dual citizenship that is doing the ski jump for England!! Remember Eddie the Eagle?!

Speaking of the Olympics, the Canadian ice dancers got robbed of the gold medal, there is some kind of iquiry going on, apparently the French judge said that she promised she would vote for the Russians if the Russian judge gave the French pair good marks. Sad really. The Russians should just give them their medals, how embarrassing for them, the judge had to buy them a vote.

geneve
02-14-2002, 05:15 PM
Oh scandal...didn't the Russian skate into the Canadians in practice too?
I heard that Britain has the world champion female skeleton (like the luge) so we may get a medal after all. Sad to say Eddie the eagle still pops up on telly now and then...we love an underdog here!I want to know if the lugers wear padding...if they are not then I might have found the sport for me, some of them are quite large...I suppose it makes you go faster. I know Ted likes me to go on the flumes at the pool with him 'cos I go so fast!:o
I have been trying something from th UK fat chicks bit...Rescue Remedy in water. I didn't think it would work but I had some in the house and it seems to be working, yesterday I ate nothing in the evening after dinner which is unheard of. Someone who posts there has a neighbour who lost 12 stones (168lbs or just a bit more than I'd like to weigh)using it (obviously dieting at the same time) it's supposed to help you deal with stress.
Just thought I'd mention it .
Oh well, I'm having a glass of wine right now (Valentines and all that). Wish I wasn't too tired for an early night!
Jen, hope you find out what the problem is, probably for the best you aren't pregnant, it's hard on your body so soon after giving birth.
I love this computer, when I am stuck here with no adult to talk to it really helps me, especially this site which, although I have yet to lose the pounds I need to, has helped me realise I'm not alone in my struggle, and that if some of the nicest people around are struggling to then I may be fat, but I'm still OK.
Gen

Jen
02-15-2002, 11:14 AM
Hi all.

Geneve - I have to ask right away, what is Rescue Remedy?? Never heard of it before. I feel the same way about coming to 3FC. It is nice to know that I am not alone in this struggle. I don't know about the lugers, I don't think they wear padding although from watching them zip down those chutes I think that would probably be a good idea!

Not much new going on here. I started working on cleaning and tidying up the basement so I can set up my weight bench. We have so much junk down there it isn't funny. Actually it is a fairly large basement but it is all chopped up by partitions. The previous owners made up 3 little rooms, a workroom, a darkroom and a room where they made their own wine. We have empty boxes crammed in there mostly.

Any exciting plans for the weekend anyone?

bc
02-15-2002, 11:53 AM
Ok I will bite for the plans for the weekend, mostly because I actually HAVE plans. ;)

My sister just bought an apartment in New York City (upper west side) and we are going to visit her. She finally has room for us and all of our kidlets. :D Of course she wants to use the minivan to pick up stuff, and she wants us to bring her stuff. Still we get to go to the city and we should have SOME fun.

I am keeping track of my eating very well during the day, it is night time that gets me. I think I have been doing ok, but just not keeping track. I am still working on that exercise component.

Isabelle is getting teeth! since she will be 9 months soon I think it is about time. :) I don't mind the toothless wonder though because she can still chew her food and she is still nursing.

I agree it is nice to know there are others in the same boat. I think as mothers of young children we are in a slightly different boat from other dieters...... Who else is challenged by taking a shower? ;)

I hope you all have a good weekend.

Barb

Jen
02-15-2002, 02:07 PM
barb, I had to laugh about the shower. drake starts crying the second I get in! have a nice time in NYC, go see a show for us.

geneve
02-15-2002, 03:34 PM
I do all my showering at the gym, days in between I just smell!
I'd like to be in New York this weekend, but I DO have the Valentines ball to go to AND I have a new outfit to wear. For once my Mother took me shopping and bought ME something, which is just as well 'cos I'm broke. I found something I REALLY like which is so unusual. Black trousers and a black silky jumper, which sounds dull, but the trousers are beautiful material and fit so well, and the jumper has this gorgeous low square neck with an inch or so of this net stuff around it, and on the cuffs, and a few sequins. I can't do it justice in words. AND new shoes and they are RUDE! Black, 2 inch heel with teeny tiny straps that cross over at the front and a bit yourbig toe goes through. I suspect I struggle to find things I like only when I'm paying, but what the ****...I let her play with my kids don't I?:devil: I know most of the other ladies will be in either skimpy or floucy dresses but I will feel elegant.
Anyway, Rescue Remedy is a Bach homeopathic remedy...floral extracts in grape alcohol. You put a few drops in water or on your tongue. You can buy it in most chemists (drug stores) here, lots of people use it. I think it's helping me. A herbalist or health food store might have it.
I have two great diet goals. End of March friends engagement party, then a HUGE wedding mid July where I will doubtless meet several old flames once again. No way I can be the same size I was but if I try hard I might pass for still vaguely disireable! Oh Vanity!!!Anyway, as long as it works.
Have a fun weekend!;) Geneve

Jen
02-17-2002, 01:05 PM
Geneve - your outfit sounds fantastic, I'm sure you will have a great time!

Has been a pretty dull weekend. The inlaws invited themselves over yesterday so we spent most of the day trying to get the house tidied up then they were here about 1 1/2 hours. It felt like a wasted day. Today the hubby had a monster headache but still went over to his buddy's house to watch the NASCAR race thank goodness otherwise I'd be tiptoeing around the house while he lays in bed and moans. I can't stand people that are ill but won't do a thing to help themselves. He won't take any medication most of the time or try anything like a bath or shower that usually helps with my headaches. Well he is out of the house so I can do my own thing now.

Hope everyone is having a better weekend than me!! Oh well the baby is perfect so what more can you ask for?!?

geneve
02-18-2002, 05:56 AM
Hi everyone.
Jen I'm beginning to think there's something odd going on here..MY in-laws turned also up yesterday as a 'surprise'. certainly was! they live miles away and we hardly ever see them.We were shattered after the late night when they called and said they would be over in the afternoon. I had nothing to give them for dinner so ended up panic shopping for unhealthy stuff, so a bit of a diet disaster all things considered.
the ball was fun, I guess, but I'm not sure about some of the people there were some very odd ones! I suppose it is too early to judge but that's never stopped me before!
Oh no! baby woked up...must dash.
Geneve

Jen
02-18-2002, 09:35 PM
I have a question for everyone...what times do your babies nap? So far I have not had Drake on any set schedule, I just put him in his crib when he seems tired. Generally he'll have a sleep in the morning after he has his bottle, then I usually go for a walk or run errands after lunch so he'll have a short nap, I think he has one around 6 or so then I'll put him in his crib at 9:30 and he'll go to sleep, I'll get him up for a bottle at 10:30 and generally he's good for the night. The past 2 days though he has been waking up at night again. Saturday he woke up at 2am then last night at 4:30am. So I don't know what the problem is, if there is one, might just be something else. He's been a bit off the past few days, fussier than usual, no teething yet, believe me I keep checking!! Anyway if anyone can tell me what they are doing with their babies as far as naps go I would really appreciate it.

Got my weight bench set up. Lots of cleaning in the basement done to get it there, unfortunately still more to do. Well it is set up, haven't used it yet but it is set up.

Geneve - our inlaws must be related or something. Mine only stayed a hour and a half. I wouldn't feed them if my life depended on it. they want to be this big family yet they never call or buy Drake anything. My mom has spent I don't know how much on him. She is always buying him something small, clothes or a small toy. They got him a t-shirt from Cuba while they were on vacation. Wasn't that sweet? Sorry I can't stand them. They spent practically nothing on him for Xmas. I suppose this sounds like I am all wrapped up in what people spend on me or my son but it isn't that. These people are so warped they didn't even go to their daughter's wedding just because it interferred with their store hours. My husband had to give his sister away at her wedding. By the way the wedding was held in their home town about 2 minutes away from their store. Yet they can take 2 weeks off and go to Cuba for vacation. My mom went completely nuts over Drake at Xmas and she's already got 4 grandchildren, this is their first and you wouldn't even think they cared most of the time. Okay I'm going to stop this now as I could go on and on about these psychos.

SueMoo
02-19-2002, 01:40 PM
Hi guys...

We just got back from a weekend away. We drove down to San Diego again. It was a 3 day weekend here in the States - Monday was President's Day. We stayed in a great hotel, right on the ocean - our room had a balcony, and a fantastic view of the bay. We got our room on Priceline.com, at a HUGE discount - otherwise we couldn't have afforded the trip. We spent the weekend relaxing and sightseeing. Unfortunately, we also ate a lot. It was my Birthday on Sunday, so it was a combo Valentines/B-day trip - which REQUIRED a lot of eating. I also did a bunch of shopping, as my boss gave me a nice bonus birthday check right before we left. I was thrilled to find out that I fit into GAP clothes really well again. (They finally are back to selling classics, and getting out of the wierd retro 70s styles they were selling for a while.) I bought a bunch of really nice, classic shirts, two pairs of jeans, and two pairs of shoes. I also bought my DH a few shirts, since he will never spend any money on himself. It made my weekend to be able to shop in a "normal" store, and buy "normal" sizes. I felt like a sexy mama all weekend wearing my new clothes, even though I'm still almost 200 pounds. Go figure... Five years ago I would have been horrified to be so heavy, and now I'm happy about it. It's all relative.

Speaking of, I got on the scale this morning, and after the last week of bad eating, I've gained 4 pounds. Hopefully some of it is water, since it is my TOM. I'm trying not to freak out. I went out for a walk with the baby this morning, I'm determined to get back on track. I turned 30 this weekend, which is also freaking me out a little. How did I get to be this age? I was a teenager just the other day, I swear. And now I'm 30. I had a good cry on Saturday night. Time to get my act together, in all aspects of my life, I think...

Geneve - how was the ball? The outfit sounds lovely! Post a picture!!! Those are great motivating events you have coming up. Sounds like you are doing so well! I don't think they sell that stuff here in the States. The FDA is so picky...

Jen, I was about to ask the same thing about naps. I still don't have Megan on a napping schedule. At night, she sleeps from 8 PM - 6:30 AM. Occasionally she will get up at 4 AM for a bottle, although I always try to get her back to sleep without one first. But her naps are all over the place - Sometimes she'll sleep at about 9, for 30 minutes to an hour. She will sometimes go down again sometime between 12 and 1:30 for another 30 minutes, but lots of times she skips this nap completely. Sometimes she'll nap at about 4:30 for an hour or so. And other days she won't nap at all. I would really appreciate any tips for getting babies to nap on a schedule.

Megan IS teething, poor baby, her poor gums are so warm and they are really bugging her. She'll wimper and gum on her hand so hard - she's developing a little sore on one of her fingers from biting down on it so much. I rub them as much as I can for her, and have gotten her lots of little teething toys... Sometimes I give her baby Ambesol, if they seem to really be hurting her.

Barb - amen to the shower thing. I've given up on showering when the baby is awake. I just wait for her nap, or for DH to be home. How was your sister's apartment? Did you have a good time in New York?

Well, better go - spent far too much time posting this, as usual. Hope you're all doing well,
Sue

bc
02-19-2002, 03:10 PM
Sue sounds like a good weekend for you! I have a brother in San Diego my husband wants to fly out there and visit, but I think flying us all out there would be a bit more than we could afford.

Don't worry about 30 there are still plenty of years ahead and I think it only gets better. When I think of myself younger and long to be younger again I think about how I felt about myself and decide I am better as I am now. ...I also look at the celebraty birthdays and figure there are plenty of people older than me (and plenty younger) so I am not alone.

Geneve the party sounds like fun. I bet you wowed them!

Our trip to NY was fun. However there was something I was reminded of that I am sure you folks will understand. Visiting people with no kids is much different and they are clueless. My sister didnt' have any food in the house, or at least not much. My sister and her husband slept until 10:30 or so which meant we had to hush the kids and try to stay quiet. My husband took them out for breakfast but that also meant he had a meal with them while I didn't. It would just be so much easier to go with out the kids, but I know my sister also likes to see them.

Her apartment was big enough for us (although we took it over) and it was very nice. There are quite a few children in the apartment but we didn't see them -other than the people one floor down with a baby and a toddler who didn't have any window coverings over their kitchen window. :lol: The area she is living has more kids than her last neighborhood. Her last neighborhood was very trendy and young.

My eating is off right now. Between missing meals and grabbing snacks (which aren't always that healthy) I have been patching things together. I bet I stayed on point with WW but it has been strange. Today I have been snacking way too much. The kids are home and I just can't get into cooking.

Barb

geneve
02-19-2002, 05:49 PM
Happy birthday if a bit late,Sue. I wish Iwere 30again...single, no kids, slim.......actually, I don't! Getting older is OK with me.
Barb, staying with childless people is the worst. I do all I can to avoid it, which is nigh on impossible as most of my friends have yet to have any. I suspect mine have put them off! I admit I loved it when some friends had their first last year...they were really sniffy with mine and I felt awful if he as much as touched their furniture...now they are much more understanding.
I do have some sort of sleep routine...he is 6 months now.
Into the bath at 6.30ish, asleep by 7. Up between 6 and 7.30. If he's up early he needs a quick nap around 9, otherwise it's full steam ahead until he had a bottle at 10.30ish then into the cot for around an hour. Then he has another shorter nap at 1.30ish and yet another of about 20-30mins at 3.45.
I think he'd have fewer longer naps if he didn't have to time them around the gym and the school run.
He bit the nurse at the creche this morning! He has his 2 bottom teeth, had them for abotu a month now, but in spite of endless chewing and drooling no others. He has mastered blowing raspberries and so I need a souwester to get near him.
Bed time for me...out withthe girls tomorrow. Curry...and as far as I can tell, there is no low cal available. At least I have voluntered to drive to avoid drinking.
zzz zzzzzz zzzz

Jen
02-22-2002, 08:34 AM
Hi all. How is everyone doing? I'm okay. The big news is that Drake is teething after all. Just starting to come through. Poor guy no wonder he has been cranky the past few days. he's not interested in any teething toys though but so far he doesn't seem to be in tons of pain. Still working on his naps. I really should get him into some kind of schedule. I'm putting him to bed a bit earlier than I was previously. Last night I gave him a bath around 8 then put him down and he was asleep without too much grief. It is really the afternoon nap that I need to work on because he'll catnap in his car seat when I am running errands but he isn't getting enough sleep. With this weather I am not out every single day for a walk and that is when he'll usually nap for an hour plus. I should be able to get him to sleep in his crib though. Sometimes I can put him down and he'll sleep and sometimes he won't. Oh well we'll keep working on it.

Diet and exercise have been horrible, don't even want to talk about it.

Sue - Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a nice trip. My biggest problem with the naps is that I want him to nap around my schedule not the other way around. Poor Megan...I read in my baby books at it is only the first few teeth and the molars that bother them, I guess they just aren't used to the new sensation.

Take care all, have a nice weekend.

geneve
02-23-2002, 03:38 PM
Hi All, hope your weekends are going better than mine. Father visited again today and was so awful even DH was driven to the local fish and chip shop for a spot of comfort eating after he left!
Catnapping is so hard to avoid when the baby has to spend time in the car, and then when you get to where ever you're going you have a cranky baby to deal with. I'm walking more so he sleeps in the buggy which I can then wheel indoors without waking him up. I know thats probably no help to you at this time of year Jen.Thank goodness for the Gulf Stream which keeps us that bit warmer.
When Leo was cutting his first two teeth he hardly slept at all in the day, I think the pain is just too much for them.
Off to open a bottle of wine, I'm afraid. I blame the parents...at least in my case.
Geneve:spin:

Jen
02-24-2002, 02:15 PM
I feel so depressed suddenly. I went into the bathroom and caught a sight of me in the mirror and suddenly noticed how huge my neck looks. I don't have an obvious double chin yet but my neck is so fat it practically comes out to meet my chin. sigh.

Drake is better but still a bit fussier than usual. We haven't managed the naps yet but I am putting him to bed a bit earlier.

The hubby has been in such a mood lately, it so doesn't help me trying to do anything. He just has such a way of bringing me down without even trying.

Geneve - I can't talk to my mom most of the time without feeling blue afterwards. She just critisizes everything. Also every phone call now is 'have you lost more weight?' and also something about Drake, at first it was the burping now it is that I am not feeding him enough. Sigh

sorry I am so down right now. I'm having car troubles too so I can't even get out. I think I'll take Drake out for a walk, maybe that will help my mood.

geneve
02-24-2002, 02:57 PM
Jen! You poor thing!What you need is a break. it's been a long wet gloomy weekend here and if you were closer I'd suggest we head out for a beer and to **** with the calories!
All I can say is your Mother sounds like a very insecure person...but you sound like a very strong one. You take so much on board from other people you MUST be strong.
Some times all it takes is a glance in the mirror to wreck your hopes...I think I said somewhere before I still half expect to see Audrey Hepburn each time I look in the mirror, and half the time I manage to kid myself I'm looking OK, or if I'm not that it doesn't matter because I am a worthwhile person anyway...then BOOM one time I look in and I see what appears to be fat Beethoven in drag!
BUT you KNOW you will pick yourself up and tomorrow you'll be back fighting again beacuse you ARE strong and you CAN do it. I really think you can Jen...hang in there.
Tell your Mother to quit smoking, your husband to quit moaning...OK I know you won't but that's only 'cos you're too nice!:dizzy:
Off to calm the grizzly baby but I'm around.....
Onwards and upwards sweetie!
Geneve:)

bc
02-24-2002, 04:30 PM
Jen, I agree with Geneve. My husband is driving me crazy right now. Perhaps we can get our husbands together and let them B&M together. ;)

I haven't been documenting my foods lately and I think I better start again. I also haven't started consistantly working out. Still I know I am making better choices and that has to count for something.

Audrey Hepburn?! I don't think I would have ever qualified for that! LOL, still I understand there are good days and bad. We just have to clutch with two hands onto the good days. :D

Isabelle is now climbing on anything she can. She even climbs on the walls where there isn't anything to hang onto. I think walking will happen in the next few months. This is great, however we still need baby gates up and when I mention buying new one's because we live in a bigger house then with the other two children, my husband offers to make them. His specialty is making things from 2x4 which are not known for their delicacy. I tell him if she pulled that down she would be killed. I think there is a reason people don't make their baby gates........ and a good reason for him not to.

As I said he is driving me crazy lately. Do you think it could be PMS? ;)

Barb

geneve
02-24-2002, 04:45 PM
OH NO! Not another DIY husband!!! I HATE it when they want to make/mend things!
Mine plays cricket. He came home today with a split cricket bat (as much use as a chocolate tea pot) beacuse he thought he 'might be able to do something with it'.
If he's not careful I'LL do something to him with it!:s:
It's not PMT...it's them!!!!What will I do...doomed to life in a house with 3 men (well five if you count the cats).
Geneve

bc
02-24-2002, 04:54 PM
Geneve, I feel your pain!

My husband does equally silly things and can't understand why I am not supportive of his furnature making adventures. Well for one reason what he makes looks like a shipping box! He specializes in 2x4 furnature, but he also likes to recycle old scooters people have out by the curb. Our basement is a sea of usefull junk (only to him!)

I think our husbands have similar jobs too...... do you think it is related to that?

Now in a household of boys... just wait until both boys are using the toilet exclusively. The mess! Each claims ignorance of who made the mess. I said if I had yet another boy I wanted my own bathroom. Of course I had a girl. :cool:

I think husbands are there to test our patience............. much more than kids.:dizzy:

barb

geneve
02-24-2002, 05:40 PM
I think it's over confidence, coupled with the total inability to recognise when things are going wrong. Mine once made a blanket box which would have taken a team of oxen to move, but would hold next to nothing. But the best is when he tries to make those flatpacked things, I'm quite good at it, but he never lets me as he likes to do it witout rading the instructions ...he says (wait for it) 'I'm the kind of person who WRITES instructions, not the sort who has to read them'...which explains why bits keep fallingoff our sons bed more than a year after he finished it, and no one knows what is in the blanket box as no one can lif tthe lid up for long enough to see!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bless them, like they say,when God made Man, she was only practicing!

bc
02-24-2002, 11:37 PM
When God made Man, she was only practicing!

I never heard that one, but I love it!

At least the flat pack things (like Ikea) give them the illusion they are creating something.

You know Geneve you are always good for a laugh. :smug:

Barb

geneve
02-25-2002, 04:47 AM
HA!
You should be here this morning. I have done nothing but moan and yell at the kids...I am a monster before 10.00 and I know it.
Oh blimey,baby grizzling, must go and get ready fo the gym. This place is a lifeline, really it is!

Jen
02-25-2002, 07:34 PM
All I know is that all our husbands must be related!!

How scary is that? My husband will hold onto everything and anything that he thinks may be useful down the road. We have leftover pieces of drywall, wood, every sort of small metal fasteners, you name it we got it. My husband isn't into building furniture, no he builds race cars. We have 2 junky cars in the alley and a basement full of car junk. You think wood is bad, try old tires and greasy car parts.

I'm feeling a lot better today. I think I've finally hit rock bottom and there is no where to go but up. I had a good walk yesterday and today and have done well with my food choices. For some strange reason I guess I thought this would be easy since I was off work for a year and just had to look after the baby. Yes I know you are all thinking "JUST!!???!!". Well it sure takes up a lot more time than I thought it would.

Thanks everyone for their support and best wishes. Drake is wailing so I'd better go. Take care.

geneve
02-26-2002, 04:09 AM
Race cars! Oh my...you must have the patience of a saint!
DH gets it from his dad, who is a total hoarder...he can't get his car into the garage because it is full of bits of old wood he has picked up.
If it's any consolation Jen, I put on most of my excess weight looking after Ted in the first year. If you have been working you don't realise how stressful and time consuming it is. I felt very isolated and very bored which helped on the path to overeating.
At least you are here, and walking...and if your husband doesn't support you, you could always give yourself a good work out clearing out the cellar!
Have yo u seen the new smilies???for some reason not working for me today....typical.
I lost another pound this week.
Geneve

Jen
02-26-2002, 08:19 AM
I did check out the new smilies, very neat.

My husband does support me wanting to lose weight but he isn't keen on the idea of 'faddy' diets. He'd probably not be happy about me doing slimfast but he doesn't know or if he does he hasn't said anything. I don't have the slimfast when he is here for breakfast and lunch, I'll just eat the same as him. I've lost a couple of lbs, I was back up over the 220 mark, now I'm back down to 219. It's all downhill from here!!:jig:

DH also gets his hoarding genes from his dad, you should see his dad's home office, looks like a tornado went through. Me on the other hand just want to throw more stuff out the more stuff he collects!

Take care all, have a nice day.:wave:

bc
02-26-2002, 08:28 AM
Geneve congrats on the pound! You know you are doing something right!

Jen it is hard being home. We always think we will do the ideal and then reality strikes. I think one of the best things is to move and you are doing that.

Now could I get better at that?!

Hoarding? Well my husband has a three bay garage and drive way all loaded with cars. We keep three on the road and three are inactive (and as far as I am concerned JUNK) but he hangs onto them. Would seem we live in the country????? No we are smack right in the middle of town. Those cars take up all of our precious land! I think my husband romanticizes the mechanics life. Oh did I mention all of our cars are 10 years old or older?

Barb

geneve
02-26-2002, 05:47 PM
What is it about men? WHy do they have to keep everything? I feel lucky after hearing about the cars though...we don't have naywhere to keep them or I guess he'd try! He does still have his old school uniform after all!
I have doubtless put on my pound again. It's PMT time, I'm feeling tired and greasy and I hate all of our friends. The only thing that helps is chocolate and tea, and I know I should be eating carbohydrates but I cannot.Makes me long to be pregnant again.
Hey Jen , have you sorted out your health problems yet?
Went to see Ted's teacher today which was a waste of time. They are so PC they won't actually tell you how your child is doing, presumably in case it upsets someone else. If I had the patience I'd educate him at home.
On the positive side, an organic, healthy curry restaurant has opened within staggering distance of my home. I have a table booked for saturday.
Actually, justrealised Valentines day has gone. WIll start a new thread so we can be easter bunny girls!
Geneve
:?: