Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

View Poll Results: when u lost the weight did u loss the cellulite ?
yes 3 20.00%
no 1 6.67%
not completely 11 73.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #1  

Unhappy it scares me !!!

hey im pretty low today ... i was staring at image in the mirror and really hate what i see .... my lower body thighs and buttoks i have so much cellulite althu im working hard every1 just keep on telling me even if i lost the weight that ugly stuff would still remain their im only 20 for godness sake why cant i have a decent body without cellulite !!! :'(

im to scared even if i dropped the weight i will still not be satisfied with what i c .... im engaged my fiance is really thin he is below the ideal weight he should be at ....i just dont want to be fatter than him and i just dont feel comfortable to show him any part of me after marriage ...

i really luv him but my self estime is pretty low sometimes i get really depressed that i try to turn the relation down and broke up with him for no reason but he just never give up on me ...

it scares me he makes me happy im to scared i wont make him happy and im scared to loss him one day coz i keep on pushing himto his limits beacause of the cellulite unreasonable i know but im sad

i know i can loss the weight and i would ... but would the cellulite be gone ???
arabian princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:22 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

You don't make it sound as if he's pushing for this, but as if it's you that is ashamed of your own body and worried because you weigh more than he does. I don't understand kg measurements, so have no clue about your weight...what's that in pounds? Can't tell if you're very overweight or just slightly. However, regardless of that, he asked you to marry him at your CURRENT weight, right? So why the sudden shame? Can the upcoming wedding be causing you to start focusing on your weight? You have to really want to lose the weight to be successful.

But now you come down to worrying about whether you're going to have some cellulite remaining after. Most likely...yes. Will it show up badly? That's all dependent on many factors. If you haven't been grossly overweight for way too long, you have a better chance of losing some of it. Being young provides you an even better chance. Everyone's body/skin is different. Some bounce back better than others. HOWEVER...

Which is more shameful, carrying around the highly visible extra weight or POSSIBLY having some leftover, COVERABLE, cellulite?

Never EVER let worries about stretch marks, flab, or cellulite stop you from losing weight. Weight loss may help your self-esteem, but you may also need to seek some therapy for it if it's bad enough. But weight loss can help you health-wise as well.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:35 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

For conversion purposes, 60 kg is about 130 lbs. 50 kg is about 110 lbs.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I have to tell you, cellulite is a COMPLETELY NORMAL PART OF BEING A WOMAN! I've known very slim, never overweight girls who still had cellulite. It's just dimply fatty bits, and almost all of us have fatty bits. Replacing fat with muscle (by lifting weights) helps, but getting rid of it entirely is probably an unreasonable goal if you have any intention of being healthy.

That said, since I've lost weight, I've lost lots of cellulite. I still have a bit, but my shape is nice, I look nice clothed and nekkid, I'm strong and toned and healthy and I recognize that I don't live in a fashion magazine--I live in the real world where women carry fat on their thighs and have rounded tummies.

And here's a secret: when they take photos of women for magazines, they AIRBRUSH the cellulite away. Having cellulite is completely normal. Focus on being healthy and strong and the rest will take care of itself.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote