South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:45 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chat - October 18

and a quick as I am ready to leave for Ottawa to catch my plane. It's going to be a long day of travel but will be worth it. I'll do my very best to eat healthy but am hearing rumours of BBQ ribs and pecan pie. It is Georgia after all. I definitely will not eat grits, sausage gravy and biscuits or chitlins!

Behave in here. I may get a chance to pop in and check up.

and
Old 10-18-2007, 06:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Bon Voyage, Ruth, and have a good time.

I have an unexpected morning off, and don't know what to do with it yet. Cindy is taking the girls to school, since she's a "lady of leisure" these days. I think I'll try a new recipe for Butternut Squash Soup that I got from another Mod, Robin. I may check out a few stores for some costume ideas for Maggie, too. She can't decide what she wants to be for Halloween, maybe a fairy. If I see something I think she may like, I'll take her with me to see it before I buy it, though! Audrey is going to be a black cat, and all I have to do is make a tail for her costume, so that will be easy.

What's everyone doing today?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:41 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth, have a great time on your trip! And don't forget to get some great peaches while in GA! (I wouldn't eat a chitlin to save my soul!...ick) but I do love the forbidden grits and bisquits!

Cottage, enjoy your morning off and hope you can find the perfect costume..and please do share the soup recipe!! My son and his girlfriend are going as "Jeannie and Major Nelson" for Halloween..should be cute.

Me: Stormy hot humid day here. I'm munching a quick turkey and spinich sandwich for breakfast...I need to leave early for work to stop by the feed store on the way...out of dog food completely (poor puppies got bread and chicken stock this morning!) Then on my break, I need to run to the drugstore, then after school, need to pick up bread and coffee on the way home...of course I have all these chores to do just because it is storming! Wish I could send some of this rain east to those who need it so very much. Marinating some tuna steaks for this afternoon if the rain lets up enough for me to grill.

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-18-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
It's a gray morning here, but if we get some rain that will be good. We've just started with water restrictions here and need it desperately.
Cat I wish you could send us some of yours.
Bon voyage Ruth, I'll watch for your plane and wave as you pass overhead!
cottage, enjoy your morning off. You've reminded me I haven't gotten costumes for the kids yet. Usually I make them, but I'm running out of time. DD always wants to be something with the word "dead" in it. Last year she was a cheerleader of the dead, the year before, the corpse bride, the year before, spider queen of the dead, you get the picture. This year, it's "Rapunzel, but the prince was too heavy and pulled her head off". A little tricky, because it can't be too gory or she won't be able to wear it to school. Ds wants to be a Revolutionary War Soldier. I think we've got stuff around for that because we've had some re-enactors in the family, and I can add some kind of wound. Funny because my oldest DD was always something pretty and princessy. Last night she called and asked if I would buy her a sexy sorority girl costume. I told her she was too old, and if she was going to be a sexy anything, she was on her own.

Today I am working, cleaning (what else is new?), got parent-teacher conferences this afternoon, and a Girl Scouts Reinvestiture for DD tonight, then of course, Survivor! Today kids come home 3.5 hours early, so I'd better get moving! Have a good one chicks.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:09 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
DD always wants to be something with the word "dead" in it.
One year, I went to a party as Lizzie Borden. I got a plastic hatchet and put red fingernail polish all over it. Had an old white ruffled front shirt and splattered red polish on it too..then wore a long black skirt and some black "antique" boots. Put my hair up in a bun and I was set to go. Easy, cheap to do!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #6  

That's a good one Cat! I may keep that idea for myself sometime. I like to dress up too, when I have a reason to!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #7  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Ruth - Have fun in Georgia! I hope if you're in ATL you check out the aquarium.

Cottage - Enjoy your morning!

Cat and Schmoodle - Interesting ideas for costumes. DSS is going to be the grim reaper, complete with some bloody heart contraption that pumps blood when you squeeze it. Gross!

It's United Way fundraiser day here at work. Breakfast and bake sale. I made stuff for the bake sale, but I refuse to eat breakfast with them, I was bad enough yesterday, the binge stops here!

My throat is really hurting this morning. If it doesn't stop after this rain lets up this weekend, I see a trip to the Dr. in my future. My health is really effected by changes in the weather, so I try to wait it out. I guess if I'm getting sick it would explain my blahs this week.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

OK - I'm back. After much stress and misc. krap. I'm finally calm/destressed enough to come back.

I'll try and get on and post at lunch time. Right now I'm off to a meeting, and thought I'd just drop in and say HI
Old 10-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning! I'm so happy to be here right now! No field work today, no pressing deadlines, just a nice day at the office!

Ruth: Enjoy your trip! I've been to GA a few times and it was really nice. And you can't come to the Southern US without indulging in some of that yummy comfort food. We'll forgive you!

Cottage: Enjoy your morning off! Sounds like a great day for you to relax and do "your" thing!

Cat: Isn't that how it always works out? Murphy's Law, ya know! Hope your errands go smoothly and safely and that you still have time tonight to curl up on the couch!

Schmoodle: I used to run into the same problem at school for Halloween. I always wanted to be something that was dead or dying. I solved that problem by wearing a toned down version of my costume to school and the gory version after. One year I wanted to be a dead cheerleader, so I went as a regular cheerleader during the day and mom and I slashed my costume and added the blood and gore when I got home. Worked out great!

Dixie: Great job avoiding the unhealthy fare! I hope you feel better soon - without a trip to the doctor!

mare: Glad to see you back and that the stress has subsided. Have a great day!

Me: Well, not a lot going on here. I've just been in the field and working like crazy in the office. I was supposed to go out today, but TOM is here and there aren't any restrooms for hours where they're going. I was actually disappointed as they're in a part of the county I haven't seen before, but I just wouldn't have made it!

DH made it home last night and it was wonderful to see him. He had a bit of a stressful visit with his family, but that's unfortunately the norm. We sat on the couch all night and watched another Ghost Hunters marathon while eating the San Antonio tortilla soup we love. Tonight I HAVE to do some cleaning, but it will still be more relaxing with him home!

Well, I should do SOME work while I'm in the office! Have a great day!

~Kim
Old 10-18-2007, 11:13 AM   #10  

I'm on vacation tomorrow. During the day I will finish all the preparations I haven't had time to do and then pick up Brian after school and head to the State park for our campout with the pack. There will be Trick or Treating after the pack dinner and before the cobbler so I'm bringing my witch's costume to wear. We're giving out Toosie Rolls which is good since they don't tempt me at all. I plan on eating some cobbler for the special diet one. It isn't exactly on plan but it is made with cherry pie filling with Splenda instead of sugar and a low sugar chocolate cake mix. I love chocolate cherry and it was popular when I made it last year.

The pack is fixing fajitas for dinner Saturday night. I'll bring some whole wheat tortillas and I should be fine. Brian made his favorite stir fry last night (he cooks if I chop) so we'll have that reheated for dinner Friday night.

DH will need to stay home since he is still on IV antibiotics. I just hope Brian and I can lift the camping box off the station wagon but there should be at least one or two others there when we get there so we will just ask for help.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #11  

Barb, hope you have a great weekend for camping! You are a stronger woman than me, I love a good tootsie roll.
Kim, sounds like you and DD have something in common. She has always cracked me up, ever since she was about 5, she has gone for the spooky-gory stuff. I heartily approve, it is Halloween, after all. My DH loves that ghost hunters show. I watch it with him sometimes. It's so funny when they all get freaked out. I just don't like it when the house looks too much like mine, I do have a ghost, but so far it's pretty friendly.
Howdy Mare! come back and visit longer!
Dixie, hope your throat thing clears up on it's own. But don't wait too long, it might be strep!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #12  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

We've been having tornadoes touching down here in Pensacola this morning. Would you believe that there are people lining up out in the street to watch them go by? I wanted to go get my eyebrows done at lunch, but I guess I'll be staying in. Better safe than sorry, but I didn't bring any food with me today. I may have to eat out of the vending machine if I can't find something to get delievered.
Closed Thread