Support Groups - There is only one Bossy the Cow

View Full Version : There is only one Bossy the Cow

Cowpernia
10-17-2007, 12:33 AM
and she is Bagz. Here is the new thread.

Speak to it.

Cowpernia
10-17-2007, 08:18 AM
It has been a week since I mailed socksies to Wabby. They should be there by now so I'm thinking they're lost and that's very disappointing. The postage on the package is one of those label things that they make with Pitney Bowes machines. I guess that doesn't indicate that an official person made it. I will never trust those people again.

I gave up pork a while back when I took up kefir. On Saturday, they fed us at work .. barbecued ribs (2 kinds) and chicken. The pork ribs were SO good that I ate and ate and ate them when no one was in the room with me. Can a person's need pork?? I still want more.

Kiwonk
10-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Well, of course a person can require pork. It's the other white meat. Haven't you ever heard of a bacon emergency?

I'm not sure a week is enough time to get from one corner of the country to the other. I'm also not sure what you are talking about with the label. Did you get any postal extras like tracking?

Well, I picked up DH at the airport yesterday, so home is back to "normal". :shrug: I can tell it's back to normal because, while I slept late, he did a paltry load of only his own laundry (which I'll have to finish and then do another load so I can have clean clothes :rolleyes: ) and then took my car to go visit his parents. Welcome home...

The opera on Sunday was really groovy. They kindly had a screen of translated lyrics so the audience could have a clue what was going on, and they had a harpsichord and some other period (Italian Renaissance) instruments. And there was a harp solo as well, which was so beautiful I just wanted to hear it forever.

And in some way "taking a seat at the opera" really did help me to get home because I wasn't tired after seeing that and having dinner with the kids.

Hey Sugar, you feeling any better?

I got an email reply from Schatzi -- her laptop she is using while travelling will not connect to the internet or something, and she's pretty swamped with work. I suspect we'll hear from her sooner or later.

Later Bossys

Kiwi

SugP
10-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Peachy - pork is about the only thing one can find to eat around here. You get used to it. BUT sometimes we can rustle up a chicken breast or two and I made this thing called "orange chicken with scallions" for dinner tonight. It was SOOOOOOOO good. Orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar and red pepper flakes all boiled down into a sauce to coat the stir-fried chicken with. Thought about licking the frying pan but then decided to just scrape the rest of the sauce out with a spatula in a ladylike manner.

Kiwi - I WAS sort of feeling better, thanks for asking, but today I started feeling really, really barfy and had to lie down. I have no idea if this thing is coming or going but I'd like to feel normal again soon.

Wabby!! :hug:

Bagzz
10-17-2007, 07:02 PM
sugar---what the heeeeellllllllll is going on--is no doctor able to assist---this is getting out of hand--yesterday's oprah was all about 40 ups and their problems---apparently the thyroid can wreck havoc on our poor systems----didn't you mention thyroid at one point???? it is hard to get back home to the mundane aspects kiwonk-but the good part is your own bed and your own doggie----right????? AND WHO ARE YOU CALLING BOSSY MISS PEACHPIT!!!!! for some reason, some of my three d friends have mentioned this characteristic on occasion----go figure====today ds and i did a nature hike for about an hour and a half===he took bread to feed the chickadees and had them eating out of his hand---i was soooooooo enjoying his company,esp since i know what is ahead { ditch mama of course}

Kiwonk
10-17-2007, 11:44 PM
=today ds and i did a nature hike for about an hour and a half===he took bread to feed the chickadees and had them eating out of his hand---i was soooooooo enjoying his company,esp since i know what is ahead { ditch mama of course}That's a photo from today in your avatar? How the heck do you get chickadees to eat of your hand? That is so cool!

"orange chicken with scallions"... Thought about licking the frying pan but then decided to just scrape the rest of the sauce out with a spatula in a ladylike manner.MMM, I would not blame you for licking the pan!

Gosh I hope you feel better soon. I have to say that when I had my yearly physical, I mentioned feeling nausea every day for several weeks to the doc and that's when he sent me to have an ultrasound for gallstones! Not that I have to have my gall bladder out now, because I didn't really have enough symptoms to warrant it, but I suppose it could have led to that :dunno: Could be worth a checkup?

ta
Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-18-2007, 12:13 AM
I have been laughing at this kitty for days. He looks like many people in Dogpatch. http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2007/10/128347380320000000conservativecat.jpg (http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/10/14/conservative-cat-does-not-like-your-new-ideas/)

The envelope to Wabby did not have enough postage. That is the problem. The people who accepted the envelope said that's all it needed but I learned later (by mailing an identical one at the post office) that it was only half enough.

Feeding birds from the hand is amazing. I want to do it, too. But not near my cats.

Kiwonk
10-18-2007, 01:59 AM
He looks like my old cat Germaine. He was a bit prickly too.

Spinymouse
10-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Hi! I have read various cow-oriented threads here as a voyeur. You all seem like lovely people. So I would like to ask for enlightenment about the cow theme?
Just curious.
thanks and good wishes,
jo

SugP
10-18-2007, 04:25 AM
So I would like to ask for enlightenment about the cow theme?

Helloooo, Spinymouse! Well, your guess is as good as ours on the cow thing. Maybe someone else from the herd can remember when/why it all started. We (except Cherry) are all old and forgetful. :D

Cowpernia
10-18-2007, 10:41 AM
My GAWD I LOVE THOSE SOCKSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and shoes.

I want.

Bagzz
10-18-2007, 03:20 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me think---------oh i have forgotten how---spiny--let us seeeeeeeeee---i think we used to call ourselves all kinds of things----at first we were Messies-----from the Cybermom---then we started making fun of ourselves to bug JUNE, the Affirmation Queen---she couldn't stand our making such derogatory remarks----i will keep thinking although it rarely results in anything much anymore---over to you Kiwi!!!!{i like those socks too===today mine are green and black striped---maybe we should start posting our thin feet}

Kiwonk
10-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi! I have read various cow-oriented threads here as a voyeur. You all seem like lovely people. So I would like to ask for enlightenment about the cow theme? It's kind of a mystery to us, too. We started Somewhere Else (the Place That Shall Not Be Named) as WLB - Weight Loss Buddies, then we morphed into Bovinity.

I'm not dressed. It's 2:30 in the afternoon. I should be ashamed of myself. :lol:

Kiwi

SugP
10-18-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm not dressed. It's 2:30 in the afternoon. I should be ashamed of myself. :lol:

No, no, no! You should be proud that you're saving on laundry detergent. Well, assuming that you'll be retiring in the same outfit you arose in this morning.:D

Kiwonk
10-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Yes, good point. That's why I was doing it. Yeah, that's it. I took a shower, though, and now have clean clothes on. Irresponsible of me, isn't it?

Kiwi

Bagzz
10-18-2007, 09:38 PM
oprah says we should all be doing nice things for ourselves now that we are forty plus----i say----staying in pyjamas all day is not a problem--if i don't shower RIGHT away when i get up,i don't feel like bothering the rest of the day.DD and Danish Delight and Ds and i went to the nature park AGAIN today so ds could show the others how the chickadee dee deees like to eat from your hands----so for some reason we ended up in a Disney movie----first ,these crows started following us,along with the chickadees,THEN these foolish chipmunks who were chattering and yip yapping at each other followed us ,all of them hoping that ds would drop more sunflower seeds,THEN a squirrel ran after my apple that i had dropped on the ground and began to eat it while the crows made attempts to steal it----next we saw a woodpecker and various seagulls,more crows and lots of chickadees----i think the animals have become so tame because the nature park is so well used---but it was comical,especially when i thought of the way the animals are presented in cinderella and bambi----kind of a magical afternoon!!

SugP
10-19-2007, 06:34 AM
oprah says we should all be doing nice things for ourselves now that we are forty plus

Yeah, yeah, ol' Oprah says lots of things, and many people take her word as gospel, BUT this time she unfortunately did a huge disservice to those of us suffering from thyroid disease. I didn't see the show but I read all about it and she and her little "doctor" friend are seriously misinformed. We'll see how long those hot bubble baths and month-long tropical vacations help poor Oprah with her symptoms. She'll be running to a real doctor any day now, you can bet on that. It's a *medical condition*, darling, not something you can get rid of with aromatherapy. And she should definitely lay off the soy! Apparently she's been wolfing it down in huge quantities on the advice of her pseudo-doctor and it's one of the *worst* things to eat if you have a thyroid condition. Sheesh. You'd think a woman with all the money and resources in the world at her fingertips would choose to inform herself properly.

Can you tell I'm mad? :D:D:D No, not really, but I do think she should have presented a more balanced view of the whole thing since she, sadly, has so much influence on the public. People have been trying for YEARS to get her to do a thyroid information show and now that she actually has the disease herself, she comes out with this silliness.

Read more here if anyone is interested: An Open Letter to Oprah's Viewers (http://thyroid.about.com/b/a/257479.htm?nl=1)

OK, forget about Oprah!:dizzy:

Cute pictures, Bagziee! My computer crashed a couple of times before I could load them properly. I think you may have brought 3fc to its (their?) knees. Or maybe I just have a crappy computer.

Kids have two weeks off school starting tomorrow! Whee!

Bagzz
10-19-2007, 08:32 AM
ooooooooooo sorry about your computer crash sugar---i can take them down if you guys think they are too annoying!---i was surprised they let me load so many but they were all small files that i had to adjust to fit--i am very interested in the oprah thing---is it true that Dr Christiane Nortrup is not a real dr??? i have that book but am too lazy to read it-----it is pretty sad that she is pushing a book that may not be good,since obviously it will be on the best sellers list for years now.

Cowpernia
10-19-2007, 08:55 AM
My kefir group says that soy products are not safe to eat in America AT ALL. That all soy here is sprayed with sevin (bug killer that I may have spelled wrong) and you get a helping of sevin with each cup of soy milk or soy whatever.

How do you get birds to eat from your hand? They don't do that here.

Spinymouse
10-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Well I guess I am left with cow mystery, but I like how the cow group writes. Thanks for the sock compliments. I like them too. Matching is so overrated.

jo
p.s. regarding soy: my thyroid does not work. period. so i don't see how soy can make it even worse than zero function. or am i wrong?

Cowpernia
10-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I want to reassure Sugar that Oprah is getting hers. Working in a supermarket, I know all!!! Stedman is writing a book exposing her drug use and her other lover. She (and others) have been exposed for telling US how to lose weight while they can not themselves. The Enquirer has pinpointed at exactly what age she will die (eating habits, air travel, lifestyle, etc.). One magazine has her so airbrushed that her nose is almost invisible.

Speaking of magazines, you know how models in those things have lipstick applied outside their lipline (vermilion)? We have customers who do that. One adorable, small, older lady draws Lucille Ball lips on her face. Others just go down the chin a bit. I've never seen this before and it's not a good idea I don't think.

Did I tell you I got A SANDWICH?!?!?? I've been coveting A SANDWICH for a long time. If customers tell management you helped them, you're supposed to get a token and with a few tokens, you get A SANDWICH. I have one token and have unhappy as surely someone has appreciated my sparkling personality. Yesterday, I was given a voucher for a meal at the deli because someone called the asst manager's home to say I'd helped him find something. That's her story. The sandwich was yummy.

Kiwonk
10-19-2007, 02:50 PM
DD and Danish Delight and Ds and i went to the nature park AGAIN today so ds could show the others how the chickadee dee deees like to eat from your hands----so for some reason we ended up in a Disney movieI think it's the Danish influence--:s:--you know, Hans Christian Andersen etal?

You'd think a woman with all the money and resources in the world at her fingertips would choose to inform herself properly. Yes, you would, wouldn't you? But it seems that the famous have no better judgment than the rest of us, while they have so much money that unscrupulous and self-deluded "experts" appear to be "better" than real doctors, partly just by charging the celebs so much more, I think. If you've paid someone a huge chunk of change to tell you that a bubble bath will cure you, you feel they must be right.
Thanks for the link, Sug, that's pretty bad. Glad I never went on soy supplements. The only reason I didn't, other than pure laziness, is that I think I'm allergic to soybeans in the form of edamame, so I figured I shouldn't consume excesses of it.

-is it true that Dr Christiane Nortrup is not a real dr??? i have that book but am too lazy to read it-----it is pretty sad that she is pushing a book that may not be good,since obviously it will be on the best sellers list for years now.Couple months ago after Northrup was on RachelRay re: menopause, I went online to find out more info, and it all looked like, well, tabloid medicine to me. Wasn't worth wasting time on. Glad I didn't buy her book -- maybe you should give it to someone you don't like, Bagz. :lol:

My kefir group says that soy products are not safe to eat in America AT ALL. That all soy here is sprayed with sevin (bug killer that I may have spelled wrong) and you get a helping of sevin with each cup of soy milk or soy whatever.That's misleading -- I doubt it's any more than you get with any other produce -- they wash food items before they process them. Why would it be particular to soy?

Working in a supermarket, I know all!!!Bagz lives in the magical kingdom, Peaches lives in tabloidland.

regarding soy: my thyroid does not work. period. so i don't see how soy can make it even worse than zero function. or am i wrong?But you must be on meds? I wonder if soy interferes with them?

I have to go get my drivers license renewed. Wouldn't do to forget about it and get stopped. Again. :chin:

Kiwi

Bagzz
10-19-2007, 05:26 PM
i have so many arguments regarding soy---they say women in soy lands don't get hot flashes---they say soy contributes to estrogen driven cancers---what the ****??? so since i am not interested in eating soy anyway,and the milk looks stinky to me----i will only eat it when mings makes seshwan {????} tofu---but mings closed down so now i will eat no soy-----who can we believe anymore nowadays----i got that menopause book years ago and i really thought it was written by someone who knew what she was talking about--i wonder if there are any reputable books on the subject----i am at work and i need to go to the washroom----should i close up shop????

Cowpernia
10-20-2007, 01:10 AM
Dear Bagz,

I assume you have not gone to the bathroom yet and are awaiting advice. Please ask the lady in the British cookie and marmalade shoppe to watch yours whilst you visit the plumbing.

Peach

Cowpernia
10-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Ok, Kiwi, you are so so so ... ummmm ... sensible. Please tell me if this is real. (http://kevinunderhill.typepad.com/Documents/Mayo_v_Satan.pdf)

Kiwonk
10-20-2007, 05:05 AM
* United States ex rel. Mayo v. Satan and His Staff (W.D. Pa. 1971).

Civil rights case against Satan (and agents thereof). Case dismissed for lack of jurisdiction, and because of doubts over whether it could properly be maintained as a class action.Apparently it's real. Go figure. :dunno:

Bagzz
10-20-2007, 11:24 AM
who is the soy guru?? do we like dr weill

SugP
10-20-2007, 12:38 PM
I have a cook book co-authored by Dr. Weil and I kind of like him but he does seem to have a differing opinion on things you would think were harmless to eat.

Bagzz
10-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Oh He Is Against Peanut Butter--now I Remember ---he Sucks

Kiwonk
10-20-2007, 02:09 PM
I could not live without peanut butter.

I bought a pair of pants on sale at Old Navy and now I think they are almost too weird to wear. It's like they have no waist, and they have stupid strings at the ankles, plus there are 4 fastenings to open to take them off, which is just cruel. I don't usually buy things at Old Navy, is this typical?

It's another incredible fall day here; we had one day of gloomy skies and rain and now we're back to crisp and clear. I have a yard full of leaves, anyone want any?

Kiwi

Bagzz
10-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Take Some Pictures You Aussie Fruitcake----i Want To See Leafy Pics Of Your Yard---better Yet,you Get Someone To Take A Pic Of You Romping In The Leaves----i Have To Plant My Tulips---it's Getting Late---------------

Wabby
10-20-2007, 02:53 PM
The brain in my computer is so full that it doesn't want to work. I need to figure out how to add some more memory. I need to figure out how to add some more memory to my brain while I'm at it.

I've been recreational shopping. That's shopping to avoid thinking about anything. Then the next day I take the stuff back. It keeps me busy. I dropped out of my class. I felt like I was time warped back to 7th grade. They kept talking about stressful events in life. They were amateurs. My next class I'm taking is about financial management for retirement. How to not end up as an old lady on public assistance. It doesn't sound fascinating, but probably practical.

I'm afraid to click on your pictures, Bagzie, as my decrepit computer won't handle it. Tell me more about your tulips. I'm looking out my window at my beautiful coral bark maple tree. It doesn't know it, but next year it will be sawdust. It's putting on a beautiful last show.

Hi every other cow - you would all be so jealous if you could see the beeeeeuuuuuteeeeful socks I have. They are so pretty it's a shame to wear shoes over them. Everyone I know is so impressed that I have such a talented and wonderful internet friend that would knit me beautiful socks. I love them.

Kiwonk
10-20-2007, 03:07 PM
:celebrate: Happy Birthday, Cherry!!!!! :woo:

Not sure how old she is, but my guess is 29

Hey! Bagz! I am not an Aussie! I am not even a NZ Kiwi! It's funny, a couple of days ago I was looking for an old post and I found one where I said I couldn't use "Kiwi" for my login and I had considered calling myself "AngryLittleBrownFruit". Wow.

~whine~ I haveta find my camera cable and plug it in all the way in the back of the computer in order to download my pictures. It sounds too hard. ~whine~

OO you got the sox, Wab!!! Yay! I can imagine you could teach that class a thing or 2 about stress yourself. Good luck with Fin. Mgmt class, that is certainly useful. DH seems to think he has done such a good job managing our retirement that he doesn't have to work anymore. I beg to differ, but that's another story...

Bagz, guess what! I got an email asking if I would like to fill out a survey about tourism in PEI, and I got to tell them that the scary swimming conditions was a factor in our not going there! So there!

AngryLittleBrownFruit

Bagzz
10-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Dear Angry Little Brown fruit--i am so impressed with your survey answers--i will tell sissy and then i will tell the CBC to find out what the results are---can you forward me the survey so i can see what they are asking,or is it too late???-----FIND YOUR CABLE AND SEND SOME YARD PICS----COME ON----BEND DOWN AND BREATHE ---DON'T STAY LOCKED IN THAT POSITION!!!----WABBY DARLING!!!---you are so very lucky to have received the famous peach-sox----my daughter keeps trying to wear mine ---we all love them---i want to plant purple and red tulips together----and maybe some pink ones as well--i want to plant lots so i better get with it-----tonight i am going to a party where my friend whose wife died last month will be----i haven't seen him since the day after the funeral so i am anxious to hear how he is making out with his little guys ----- i hate thinking about them having no mother----it makes me ill.well ,this waS A LONG DAY AT WORK!!!---i sell these rings that have semi precious stones in them and this East Indian guy who sells food on the weekends told me that i am selling stones that will cause harm to the body and soul of whoever buys them because they have not had the purifying method performed on them----i have no idea what he is talking about ----anyone ever heard of such things????

Kiwonk
10-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Bagz, I forwarded you the survey. It's open until Nov. 5th, I think.

That's freaky about the stones, not that I really believe stuff like that, but if he's going around saying it, people might avoid them. I don't suppose he is offering to purify them for a small FEE, is he? :lol:

I'm marinating a couple of steaks for dinner, which I'm having with brown rice and, hmm I don't know what veggies. Salad. Thinking about stuffing some mild jalepenos I got at the farmers market.

later gators

Q: You know what gators have to do with cows?

A: They both make a lovely purse.

BrownandFuzzy

Kiwonk
10-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Here, Bagz, you'll love this (http://www.traveliteindia.com/healing1.asp#8) -- I especially like the picture.

SugP
10-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Here, Bagz, you'll love this (http://www.traveliteindia.com/healing1.asp#8) -- I especially like the picture.

Oh yes, I have many precious stones of over two carats :carrot::carrot: (saaarry!) lying around.

Salt water will work and so will burying them in a bowl of sea salt over night. Apparently they pick up the baaaaad viiiiiibes of people who have previously touched them and transfer them on to the new owner. NOT bad vibes from Bagzie, just negative stuff in general. Who knows? All that crystal stuff is pretty interesting. Kind or organic and inorganic at the same time. I have a crystal book somewhere but do you think I can find it?

Bagzz
10-21-2007, 10:16 PM
thank you darlings--i will tell everyone the rings spent a short vacation in the Dead Sea which i believe has alot of Salt in it----that should do the trick----i really did love the photo---i think i will make Bob lay down and i will place all the gems on his chest.

Cherry Cow
10-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Thank you for the birthday wishes! Yep, I am 29! LOL.

Wabby! Great to see you! I'm glad you got to see Kaydy.

I'm still losing inches (but not weight, so much, really.) I gave up gluten along with animal products. I feel great, except the anemia, which I have always had. I'm now taking some German liquid iron with B6 and B12.

So, Oprah. Huh. I remember when she blew off people with thyroid disorders. I'm not her biggest fan, you know. Good luck with that aromatherapy to cure thyroid problems!

I'm swamped with school and have scary regression stuff to learn. Plus, Dh is finishing his bachelor's. AND, one of our computers died, so we've only had one for a while. But right now, we have two good computers, so I might be able to check in more often! I try to read every day, but I can't always post. I miss y'all!

Kiwonk
10-22-2007, 01:14 AM
I have a crystal book somewhere but do you think I can find it?For some reason I find that to be ironic. Maybe the crystals should help you find the book or sumpin.

I am in a motel room in the metropolis of Skowhegan, Maine, watching the outcome of the Red Sox game -- Red Sox are in the World Series next week!! Go SoX!
We went to the most wonderful piano concert this afternoon -- a professor at U of S. Maine played a recital. DD and bf got us tickets and we drove down to the campus today, bringing the dog with us, since it was quite last minute. Well worth the time --- she was AMAZING! She played one of my favorite piano pieces (not to say that I can play it myself), Chopin's G Minor Ballade. Mmmmm beautiful and she played it so wonderfully it just drew you in (and made you forget the annoying child and her mother shushing and whispering a few rows back...). Then she played more Chopin, gorgeous and thrilling stuff, then a wonderful Sonata by Beethoven and a mystifying piece by Ravel -- this thing sounded like she had 3 hands at least!

Anyway, nice day. We are now in this motel because DH wants to do his geneology thing tomorrow in this town (isn't that an old person hobby?) and Jet is a little freaked out. She has never been in a motel before and she took about 3 hours to settle down enough to eat her dinner. We brought her entire crate with us that she sleeps in at home, which seems to have been a good idea because she is in there right now.

Glad you are doing well, Cherry, and good luck on those, um, reductions? refractions? redactions? regarglations?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Genealogy is a Mormon hobby. Seriously, I've done some and the people at the Mormon library are very helpful. The chief helper there is a non-Mormon. Boy scouts can get merit badges for this. DS did.

I thought opals were bad luck. You selling opals, Bagz?

DS called on the weekend to let me know he was at his dad's. He didn't tell me he was going and has probably gone before and not told me. It's a 5 hour drive and it's in MIAMI so I worry worry worry. Traffic worry. I called him last night and he was going to do homework then drive back. No, he wouldn't call me when he got to the campus because it would be too late. He should be in class now. Kids are mean. The purpose of the trip was a fencing tourney in Miami and DS came in 3rd.

I learned something else about young men from one at work. After seeing "random people" do this, he tried it. You "give someone six inches" (they hold their fist 6 inches from your faces, then they punch you. He went to the "Mullet Fesitval" (fish, not hair), drank beer (underage but big), let his friend do this. A big big guy says, "Bet you won't let me do that" so he did. Later, he ran into the big big guy and says, "Aren't you that guy who hit me? You don't hit very hard." So the guy hauled back, punched him in the face. The kid says, "Thanks for that," and staggers off. Now his face hurts.

SugP
10-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Yes, I think opals are supposed to be bad luck.

Peacheroo - you are NOT making me look forward to watching my little boys turn into young men! :(

Happy Birthday Cherry!!! You spring chicken you.

Bagzz
10-22-2007, 09:13 PM
yes miss cherry non-gluten,animal free pie!! happy Birthday!!!! come on,you must tell us your real age---i forget and do so think you are around 32----you were always our little babycow weren't you!----i don't care if opals are bad---i like them,i sell them and i will defend them---i think they are gorgeous----the ones we sell have a very strong bluish-turquoise cast to them----i am so tired today----we went for an autumn drive yesterday and the trees are quite stunning----i wish i could take a week and drive throught those mountains in vermont and new hampshire---i hear they are unbelievable------regarding the RED SOX!!!!we maritimers have always loved the Sox--til we got the Bluejays---but since they sucked this year----of course we support Boston----i couldn't believe they came back from a 3-1 count!!!----what a bummer for Cleveland! oh well,they came back like that to beat the yankees when they won the World Series -----fantastic--did you see the player doing the irish jig on the field???? and moving along=----your piano recital description was wonderful kiwonk----i could hear it all through your excellent channelling------AND MISS PEACHPIE MY DEAR----i hear you loud and clear with the worry for ds driving----my dd21 rides her bike all over **** in **** a fax and it drives me nuts with worry---she can be a spaz as they say and every day i worry about it-----i think i may have mentioned that i would like to hire someone to steal her bike!

Bagzz
10-22-2007, 09:26 PM
some leaves from yesterday---kiwonk-did you send that thing to my gmail|??? i didn't get it yet----maybe you used my old address my darling??

Kiwonk
10-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Genealogy is a Mormon hobby. Seriously, I've done some and the people at the Mormon library are very helpful. The chief helper there is a non-Mormon. Boy scouts can get merit badges for this. DS did. Hmm, true enough, kids often do genealogies in school. Mormons do it for some complicated religious reasons, apparently. DH is too old to be a boy scout though, and not remotely Mormon. I still think he's trying to fall into the Old category.
The purpose of the trip was a fencing tourney in Miami and DS came in 3rd.Well, congrats to DS! (Try not to think about the driving)
You "give someone six inches" (they hold their fist 6 inches from your faces, then they punch you.Gosh, I always thought that phrase meant something else...

-did you see the player doing the irish jig on the field???? No, I missed that!
--kiwonk-did you send that thing to my gmail|??? i didn't get it yet----maybe you used my old address my darling??Heck, what was I sending? Lord, I'm forgetful. This about the survey? I didn't send you that? Hang on. Yeah, I sent it to your gmail address. On Saturday, apparently. Check again? Maybe it didn't actually go out until today when I sent mail. I'll try it again, too.

Oh yeah, I'm home. We spent the day going from one town hall to another so DH could attempt to fill in some blanks on his family records; unfortunately he didn't have much luck, but it was a beautiful day and the dog and I had several nice walks. She is such a pain in the car while we're moving, it's a relief to stop. She did well at the motel, though. And I was able to give her a run off leash this afternoon and she was very well behaved. DH and I are both exhausted.

Kiwonk
10-23-2007, 01:43 PM
How do you make a Raspberry Swirl?

... Send it to ballet school!

Hi! Where is everrbuddy? All the leaves fell off our big maple and birch trees while we were gone over the weekend. They are bare now! The yard, however, is well clothed. You should see Jet try to pick up her tennis ball, she keeps getting a mouthful of leaves with it. :lol:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-23-2007, 07:34 PM
How come when I click on TENNIS BALL, I get an ad?

I had a job interview today. Decided I was sick of these people not hiring me and was not going to go out of my way for them. Was not a teaching job but was working with kids in school to keep them away from drugs and such.

Hungry now. Had a bbq sandwich and it made me HUGNRIER>

Cowpernia
10-24-2007, 10:14 AM
I just got email from a friend in Los Angeles. She said the fires are nowhere near her but it's so smoky that it's hard to breathe, even indoors. Outside, the winds are so strong, she can't stand.

Have you pet owners tried the furminator (http://www.furminator.com/)? I used one on my long haired kitty yesterday and got a bag of fur. He likes it but he's jumpy and runs away all the time. The other cat just rolls around and purrs while you furminate him.

Kiwonk
10-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Nice job with that ad tie-in, Peaches. Tennis ball isn't highlighted when I look at the posts. They are trying a new method for advertising on the forum, which is supposed to put an end to popup ads. So far, your furminator is the only one I've actually seen. Let's experiment. My nephew sent me a contact invite to Reunion.com. Isn't he sweet? That must be an advertiser, eh?

What a nightmare out there in CA, I can't even imagine. Years ago when we went on a rafting trip in Idaho, toward the end of the week, there were forest fires in the area which ended up diverting our trip in fact. We had to travel a lot longer before we could get out of the river because of the fires, and the whole last day we could smell them and see tons of smoke in the distance. That's the closest I've ever come to big fires, which is fine with me.

Goodness that site is taking a long time loading; I want to see what a furminator is.

Dang. I feel nauseous again (yes, I know, it's nauseated, I don't care). Maybe it's because I was just looking at my photos from the RV trip. What ever possessed me to wear a brown tee shirt with army green shorts? I look like a dumpy tree.

Below is a sign that was posted in front of one of the RVs in a campground in Virginia. Apparently belonging to crazy people.

Oops, I'll have to come back to put that in, apparently I've exceeded my photo allotment :(

kiwi

SugP
10-24-2007, 07:19 PM
What does the Dentist of the Year get?

...A little plaque.

I am here. Spent the day on the couch having a headache. Better now. Renovations continue tomorrow.

Bagzie - I love opals too. Keep on selling them! My very first boyfriend gave me a ring with an eensy weensy opal in it and I still have it.

Tennis was highlighted for me. The other day I wrote a post and a word was highlighted and the highlighting disappeared when I edited it. Very mysterious.

So, so terrible about the fires in California.

Cowpernia
10-24-2007, 11:16 PM
I feel nauseated and head achey. I can not say nauseous since I saw that play about Bloomingdale's mistress sneaking into his hospital room and explaining the difference to him.

Speaking of young bimbos, there is this young woman at work who just turned 22. She got pregnant at 16 and now is the mom of 2. The dad is in prison. She's beautiful, sparkly personality, has so much against her and I have felt motherly toward her. Until today. Someone found $1,900 in the store and turned it in to an employee. The employee turned it in to the office. She said they were both idiots, she would've kept the money and didn't care what that said about her. I can not imagine considering keeping someone's cash in that amount. So ... I don't feel like her mom anymore. I'm keeping ds whom, I believe, would turn it in.

Rafting is highlighted. I am not clicking.

SugP
10-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Rafting? Tennis? I'm just testing the ad thingie. I think the word I saw highlighted the other day was aromatherapy. Maybe it depends on what mood you're in.

Kiwonk
10-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Saying nauseated makes me feel headachey. I do hope you stop feeling either soon.
I'm keeping ds whom, I believe, would turn it in. Sometimes the exasperating young person you know is better than the exasperating young person you don't know. Maybe always.

We spent the entire afternoon, plus a little bit of the morning and not a tiny chunk of the evening with DH's parents, driving to Anothertown for lunch and to their relatives for a visit, which was, um, well, it was nice to spend time with the DH'rents, they are lovely. And the relatives were pretty interesting. Sort of. Their daughter was visiting and kind of dominated the conversation talking about her job and how wonderful the benefits and perqs were and on and on and on. Well, it was not the worst way to spend a day, I can say that. And I got to ride around sitting in the back seat of my new Explorer. It was actually very comfortable, I have no complaints. Fortunately I had brushed out all the dog hair from our recent 2-day+dog excursion, or I would have felt very uncomfortable indeed having my in-laws in there with gobs of hair floating around! Pat me on the back..

I'm hungry and I just thought of Hamburger Soup. So very quick and easy, and wouldn't it just hit the spot?

Kiwi

Kiwonk
10-25-2007, 08:26 PM
I never seem to get any of these ad links. Except for that furminator one. By the say, I think I should get one. Should I start with a cat one, or try one that will do for both cats and the dog?

If I write Frozen Dinner, will it turn into an ad?

Yay, I can post photos again, Yay! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1904374&postcount=1)

How scary is this?

Bagzz
10-25-2007, 09:48 PM
EVER SINCE I STARTED LOSING MY FAITH {which was imposed upon me}i have been realizing how insane some of the Believers can be. I have no problem with anyone believing whatever they like but as i just read today--it's too bad people with closed minds don't come with closed mouths.

Cowpernia
10-26-2007, 12:25 AM
I don't understand Mr. Filer (surely it was a man who posted that sign). If one steals but wears clothes, then clothes covers the sin of stealing? I am dumbfounded.

I asked DS if he would turn in the money. He said he has found wallets and turned them in intact. Finding loose cash, though, he would probably keep as he wouldn't trust the store to do the right thing with it. If it's not claimed in 90 days, it goes to the employee who received it from the customer who found it. DS considers that NOT the right thing.

My cat vet sells small dog furminators. I bought mine online at Amazon because it was cheaper especially with no postage to pay. And I bought a cat one. The cat furminator probably wouldn't do much for the wolf you keep on your quilt. Which animals sheds most? Start with that.

SugP
10-26-2007, 06:55 AM
I never seem to get any of these ad links.

The ad links are in green and underlined twice. Normal links are blue. I can only see the tennis one now. Hmmm.

How scary is this?

Whooooah. Do they work in retail, maybe? :dizzy: Makes you wonder what else goes in their tiny little brains, doesn't it? Having such a limited world view can't be what's it all about, can it? But as they say - ignorance is bliss.

I started Eat, Pray, Love because it's apparently what all the cool chicks (like Oprah - oooog) are reading. Plus it was only EUR 8.95 at Amazon. Not sure if I like it yet but it did make me cry already so that's a good sign, isn't it?

Did I mention that we bought humongously expensive plane tickets to Vancouver for next summer? Or that we're renovating Ds14's room and it's turning out to be more expensive than we bargained for? Maybe I should also mention that our 12 yr old washing machine chose yesterday to break down and that it wasn't worth having repaired. JUST when I decided to get a handle on the mountains o' dirty laundry, the thing conked out. It filled itself with water and got the clothes all wet and soapy but wouldn't wash or spin. One of those front loader things, you know. Luckily it still pumped the water so I was left with a big lump of soggy, slimey laundry. Thank goodness that dh has holidays (and a job!!) so we could go out this morning and buy a new machine. It's nice and white and shiny and was 20% off. I think this will give me some impetus to clean up my rubbish tip (remember Rachel? I think she's famous now or something) of a laundry room because it just so eeeeeeeew.

The night before last I dreamt that I had a basket of tiny baby guinea pigs of all colours that were meant to go into a little pond so they could swim (can guinea pigs swim?). I put them all in and they were having a grand old time splashing about. Then a weensy white one got out and said to me in a loud squeaky voice (sheesh - not only could they swim, they could also speak English!), "I want cheese!!" and I said "I'm sorry, honey, I don't have any cheese." and he said "But my mom always gives me cheese when I ask for it! Wahhhh!" Please discusss.

Peach - I think the fact that the girl said she would keep the money shows that she has poor decision making skills and can't see how her actions might affect her future. See also: getting pregnant at 16 etc etc etc. Can you imagine lying in bed at night and thinking "Wow, I now have $1900 that belongs to someone else in MY wallet!" I can't.

Must go wallpaper something despite being crampy and headachy. We are going to our friends' house for dinner tonight so at least I don't have to cook.

Cowpernia
10-26-2007, 09:02 AM
What an adorable dream?!! It reminds me of the world's greatest TV show (I think that's how it's billed) Kid Nation. Innocent children allowed to show their worst sides to the world. Did the guinea pigs (I remember guinea pigs in Germany ... they were adorable .. housed outside in the zoo) remind you of the kids you tutor?

I have a rant. I wanted to slug this guy yesterday. He's a bagger at the store, has lived in many countries, speaks many languages, is Jewish, and (in his mind) knows everything. He is SO annoying. Among his annoyances is his fascination with other people being Jewish. He thinks anyone with a Biblical name is Jewish. He asks customers if they're Jewish. He likes me because I married a Jew. So .. yesterday a customer comes through with two of those huge (50 lbs?) bags of carrots and meat and tons of veggies and fruit and some wine. No chips. Healthy eater. The wine was Manischewitz and he whispers to me "This is JEWISH wine!" The customer gets his cart unloaded and comes forward and the guy say to him: This is special wine!

Customer: Yes.

Guy: This wine is Jewish.

Customer: Yes.

Guy: Are you Jewish?

Customer hesitates: I'm a Messianic Jew.

Guy: Ohhhh.

So there's a little more conversation, everyone is polite and the customer leaves. Guy says to me "He bought those carrots because he is Jewish. I buy those carrots, too."

Well, so have I as they make great juice but I said, "People buy those carrots to feed their horses." This is true.

Guy: Noooo! Only Jews buy those carrots!

I could feel my hand curling into a ball. This same guy (if he's truthful) was at the Las Vegas show where Britney Spears made a fool of herself (was wonderful, he said), flies to Italy 4 times a year to buy clothes for his wifes shop, eats no meat and only fish he catches at his private beach. Yet, one of the cashiers said he bought things with food stamps.

End of rant.

Cowpernia
10-26-2007, 09:21 AM
The real reason we don't lose weight: to protect the integrity of our (in my case, imaginary) significant others:

Kiwonk
10-26-2007, 02:09 PM
The ad links are in green and underlined twice. Aha! I did not know that -- apparently I don't get any of those! Peaches, you must have linked the furminator, eh?
a new machine. It's nice and white and shiny and was 20% off.:congrat: I hope it does all the laundry all by itself and stops bothering you with all that pesky folding and putting away!
The night before last I dreamt that I had a basket of tiny baby guinea pigs of all colours Sounds like laundry to me. The cheese part comes from the stinky socks. :lol:
I don't understand Mr. Filer (surely it was a man who posted that sign). If one steals but wears clothes, then clothes covers the sin of stealing? I am dumbfounded.Oh yeah, had to be a man. I don't get it either. The guys (DH and the guy we were travelling with) spotted it first and said they thought the people were nudists. :lol3: Leave it to a guy, eh?
Guy: Are you Jewish?

but I said, "People buy those carrots to feed their horses." Excellent snappy comeback!!! :cp: Wow, what an ***hole that guy is. Obviously a total liar too. He needs a muzzle -- anyone knows it's not right to pry into a stranger's religious affiliation. Well, they used to, anyway. I suppose in the days of George Bush that kind of rudeness and insensitivity is patriotic.
The real reason we don't lose weight: to protect the integrity of our (in my case, imaginary) significant others:EEK! I guess we should be thankful for who was wearing the thong...

I am home alone today. Who knows what trouble I can get into? I should be working on my sewing :rolleyes: project -- I am supposed to be fixing up some costumes for the high school play this weekend. I'd better get cracking.

You all are very amusing today though.

Kiwi

Jane
10-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Knock, knock, I'm just peeking in to say if you'd like to have your own bio section, one has been started for your group in the sticky Bios thread at the top of the page. Hope you like it and use it! :)

Bagzz
10-26-2007, 03:56 PM
heloooooo Jane---i was looking at that thread and it had everyone's normal names listed so i was wondering what we could be called as we change our thread name so often----i was please to see this-----Reserved for the "Cow" Girls----HOW SWEET IS THAT!!!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Kiwonk
10-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks, Jane! I had just noticed the Bio sticky earlier. Appreciate your including us. I'll send my bio in shortly, perhaps some more will join me?

Cowpernia
10-26-2007, 08:17 PM
You first, Kiwi. Then I'll find time to look at it and be judgmental. I th ink Kiwi does not get the ads with the two underlines because she financially supports this site.

The people next door have put their house up for sale. Should I tell them it would sell better if they'd come take came of my lawn?

Kiwonk
10-27-2007, 06:18 PM
I th ink Kiwi does not get the ads with the two underlines because she financially supports this site.That would explain it -- if I were a subscriber, but I'm not. :dunno:

I think that's a great idea for your neighbors. Seems to me they would be more than happy to take care of your lawn. Maybe they can even put it in the buyers' contract, that your lawn will be taken of in perpetuity. Don't you love that word--perpetuity? Sounds a little risqué.

I am almost half done with the sewing project. I have the sewing machine set up in the porch, where the dog has been hanging out with me, until she spotted a squirrel in the yard. She made such a fuss that I let her out...in the rain. When she finally gave up chasing it (of course it was up a tree in an instant), she came in soaking wet with a big long stick stuck in her tail hair. Now the porch, which I cleaned yesterday so I could sew in there, is all wet and covered with twig bits.

Guess what I got for my birthday, which isn't for 2+ weeks? A new computer! Did I ask for a new computer? Well, no, DH is tired of propping up my old Windows 98 dinosaur, so he bought me a Lenova, complete with 19" screen and Win Vista. As soon as I finish my sewing project, I am going to have to deal with change...

Kiwi

Bagzz
10-27-2007, 10:47 PM
congrats kiwonkers!!! i think you of all people deserve a new computer--you are the only one who will put it to good use and know how it works and consequently show us how ours should work==i am so backwards,when i got my new laptop at christmas it still had windows xp and there was an offer to install vista for free after the holiday but i didn't bother cause i might have to learn something new!!

PainterWoman
10-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Spinymouse. Huzza huzza on those socks. Did you knit them yourself by any chance? Cowpernia and I (no doubt among others) knit... irregularly, but definitely knit... your avatar is inspiring!

PainterWoman
10-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Greetings, y'all. Took me a while to realize that I wasn't getting daily notifications of your posts. D'oh!

Kiwi: The Old Navy pants sound KINKY. All those fastenings. Sort of Goth? Or maybe they need to be tie-dyed?

Cherry-- Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY. :celebrate::woo: Next year I'll have birthday 29x2.
At first I thought "regression stuff" was about recovered memories... then I figured, hmmm information science (right?) It's probably STATISTICS. Good luck!

I think Oprah is a great cheer leaders and encourages women to think about things they would otherwise skip. But she's an ENTERTAINER now... not a consultant. Dr. PHIL is an ENTERTAINER now, not a therapist (or even jury selection advisor). On the other hand, I think Christianne Northrup (along with Joan Borysenky) has some good things to say about women's health that male doctors just miss. Or don't get. As with taking advice from any "guru"... moderation is still essential.

How do you make a Raspberry Swirl?
[/LIST]
... Send it to ballet school!
Oh, Kiwi, THANK YOU.

EVER SINCE I STARTED LOSING MY FAITH {which was imposed upon me}i have been realizing how insane some of the Believers can be. I have no problem with anyone believing whatever they like but as i just read today--it's too bad people with closed minds don't come with closed mouths.
Amen, sister!! Maybe the customer's horses were Jewish....

Must go see the bio sticky.
ttfn

Cowpernia
10-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Who sleeps with Cats?

Mrs. Cats

This morning I put a roast in the crock pot. I turned on the crock pot. Can anyone guess why I threw the uncooked roast just now?

Cowpernia
10-29-2007, 10:03 AM
I caught Prairie Home Companion this weekend and got the idea to save children's teeth by not giving candy. Instead, give those little condiment packages from the fast food restaurant. He also had costume ideas. My fav was "The Ex Wife." When the door is answered, you say, "Hi, Frank. It's Doris. Remember me? Then woman whose life you ruined?"

I wonder what really did happen to Lush. I tried her email address and it no longer works.

Kiwonk
10-29-2007, 02:42 PM
This morning I put a roast in the crock pot. I turned on the crock pot. Can anyone guess why I threw the uncooked roast just now?I know I know!! You forgot to plug it in!!! Your roast is toast!

Bagzz
10-29-2007, 10:20 PM
her roast is raw!!!---but that doesn't rhyme like toast--i will give you that one!!----well i think lee lee has deserted us for good my dear peachbag----even muffie would show up now and then,and frappe,and thongchickie cookie-----sooooooooooo she has deserted us and we must deal with it---as long as she didn't become a period sponge sales person. okay miss kiwonkers,i sent you pics of the cat with her witch hat on and the email came back as the wrong address---is this because of your new system???? do tell miss wonkers!!!tell me sugartart---do they have hallowe'en as we know it over in deutche-ville?????:devil:

Cowpernia
10-29-2007, 11:36 PM
You are so smart. Unplugged it was. In the trash, it is.

I am waiting for my pictures to download right now.

Kiwonk
10-30-2007, 02:56 PM
okay miss kiwonkers,i sent you pics of the cat with her witch hat on and the email came back as the wrong address---is this because of your new system???? do tell miss wonkers!!!tNo, same email -- send them again Please Please Please!! Problem was probably that my inbox was stuffed full because some lame-o sent us 2 giant emails totalling about 13 Mbs and we are only supposed to have a max size of 6 Mb (my ISP lives in the stone age and is about as useful as a rock)
Unplugged it was. In the trash, it is. Yoda you sound like.

DH is putting a pot roast in the crockpot. It is plugged in. Yesterday he made hamburger stuff for dinner, and he's having a giant pile of pastrami for lunch. I think he's trying to kill himself. :rolleyes:

But the good news is I don't have to cook today. I may have to go pick up some material and make a witch costume, so I wanted to keep my day open. The h.s. is doing Wizard of Oz and they are having costume issues. I finished velcro-ing a bunch of jackets, and sewing buttons on, plus attaching swords; those are done and delivered. It's too cold now to use the sewing machine on the porch :( although I put a heater out there and maybe that will warm it up enough to sew. I really don't want to try to set up anywhere else -- DH has a table set up in the living room working on my new computer... and you may have heard about my kitchen table...

I am using a spare keyboard at the moment, just an ordinary flat one. If I had to type on this regularly, my wrists would fall apart in days, wow, it hurts!

DD did some pumpkin carving over the weekend with some of her friends -- hers is the one on the right, of a tree. The one on the left is by her friend M (the one you met, Peaches).

I didn't buy a pumpkin this year, shame on me.

Kiwi

SugP
10-31-2007, 07:05 AM
tell me sugartart---do they have hallowe'en as we know it over in deutche-ville?????:devil:

No, not really, but people are starting to get into it a bit and of course the retailers are using it as a money making opportunity. That's why the chicken nuggets and potato smilie things we're having tonight are bat and pumpkin shaped. :cool: Last week there was a picture in our little local rag showing how someone decorated a street corner close to where we live with some pretty cool lit-up ghosts, a big cardboard skeleton and a bunch of little rubber skeletons hanging from the tree. Standard Halloween stuff. But the article accompanying it said that many church-going Dullsvillers were sooooo upset by this and felt that it threatened the "thread of Christianity that permeates the region". They quoted one woman saying something like it reminded her of the Ku Klux Klan and that she was afraid that the Druids were going to take over and wipe out Christian values. Uh huh. Whatever. Psst, lady, your lack of education is showing. And THEN she said she didn't want her name in the paper "for neighbourly reasons"!!! Oh please. That's how people are here. I was going to write a snarky letter to the editor but then I reconsidered seeing that we're already the scourge of the neighbourhood.

YES, we have carved our pumpkin and will be having a Halloween feast tonight. No trick or treating for my kids, but we have (an ever shrinking supply of) candy in case any little ones come by. Last year there were none and the year before about four came, just on the wrong day. :D

Peachy- so sorry about the roast. I had a similar experience yesterday with the toaster oven and a (not) grilled cheese sandwich but luckily I was able to save the situation within minutes and still have lunch. But I HAVE left perishable stuff in the microwave overnight before and had to chuck it out. Grrrrr.

Kiwi - Wooohooo on the new computer. That's excellent news.

Hey, Painty! How's tricks?

Cowpernia
10-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Well, Sugar, it IS a known fact that the KKK enjoy Halloween. Those are the houses where you get the best candy. The old fall custom of "bobbing for apples" has fallen from popularity because they couldn't get their sheet things wet without losing their snap. I know they deny it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the KKK uniform was copied from ghost costumes.

Around here the Christian element has turned much of Halloween into "Fall Festival" time. Costumes are OK but not devils or witches. Biblical characters are encouraged.

Cowpernia
10-31-2007, 12:17 PM
I was sure yesterday was a full moon but it was not. I have to talk about my day.

There are certain people I am not crazy about and vice versa. Yesterday morning, they congregated around my work station to chat with each other. It was eerie. It was like the whole building was quiet and still except for these harsh loud personalities.

One of the employees, a nice one, was carried out on a stretcher because ... I think she had a panic attack.

One employee, a nutty one, went out on break and had a head on accident. She called from the hospital. I've heard her making remarks like "I cut somebody off and we almost had an accident but everybody makes mistakes." Many of us get to work over a long 2-lane bridge. She passes on that bridge.

A sweet woman who used to work a the store, left and is back told me something dreadful. She left because of liver cancer. She had chemo. She still has long hair. What she told me was that she left because of a suicide attempt and she's beginning to feel that way again. She lives with her dd and sil and they've given her to the first of the month, tomorrow, to move out. She has pets and can't get an apartment with the dogs and cat.

Another woman, an abrasive one, was telling someone (within my hearing range) about her beautiful new cheap apartment with donated furniture. The woman with the pets told me that woman had been living in her car til recently.

It was a horrible day ending with a customer who had a big dark green zucchini in a plastic bag with a little pale zucchini. I mistook the big one for a cucumber and charged her accordingly. She said:

It's not a cucumber
It's ok if you want to charge it like that.
I was better off when you thought it was a cucumber.
Where's the manager?
You should've weighed them together.
This hummus is too expensive. I don't want it.
I want new hummus.
What's the expiration date on this box? I think it's old.
Where's the manager?

And there was the woman who wrote a check but didn't have id. She said she'd go to the car and get her id. I gave her the check and said we'd take care of it when she came back in. The bagger .... an experinced person .... gave her the groceries. When I realized that, I took the saved sales slip to the customer service desk so they could handle it. That person and my bagger went outside with the bagger muttering "She needs to bring those bags back in."The customer service person saw who it was and told me, "I know her. I'm not worried about her paying."
I'm afraid to leave the house today.

Kiwonk
10-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Biblical characters are encouraged.That makes me want to barf. I think it's sad that these zealots are taking so much fun away from their kids, and then imposing their neuroses on everyone else too.

Although after the day you had yesterday, maybe a little quiet bible reading would be soothing. Put on a long flowing robe and some sandals and give away something.

:dracula: :badbat:

:ghost: :bat: :frank:
:witch: Happy Halloween!!! :witch2: :sklol:

:spid: :haphal:

Cowpernia
10-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Hey !!! Sandals is double underlined.

Kiwonk
10-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Not on mine. Nothing is ever double underlined for me. Maybe I'm on a list. People who never spend any money.

You'll never guess what I just did. I applied for a job. As a copy editor for the Daily Newspaper. I'm sure I won't get it, but I just think I would have kicked myself if I didn't try. I didn't tell DH either. I'm pretty sure he would have just tried to talk me out of it. It would be a night job and an hour+ commute, but honestly I'm so bored and sick and tired of what I've been doing for the past year, that I don't really care.

Wouldn't I be a good proofreader and editor? You all can give me references.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-31-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh, hel yes. Aks them to give give you a tesst. They will all hat you. You will wonderful.

Kiwonk
11-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Oh, hel yes. Aks them to give give you a tesst. They will all hat you. You will wonderful.

Oh, ****, yes. Ask them to give you a test. They will all hat? you. You will be wonderful.

I refuse to believe that they will all hate me, so I am kicking that correction back to the reporter.

How'm I doin'

My arm hurts again. Too much puterin.

Gotta go finish the witch costume. It's half done, just the side seams and the hem left to do. ~cackle~ :witch:

Kiwi

Bagzz
11-01-2007, 08:08 PM
kiwonk--yu wood be wunderful!!! abso effin lutely!!! Don't they know that you are our copy editor and you do it tactfully and with great aplomb!!!!! send me their address so i can speak glowingly about you and extol your virtues!!!

Bagzz
11-01-2007, 11:44 PM
peachers---i used to work at Sobey's grocery store years ago and i can tell you that those whacko people you are talking about were shopping in my store in the seventies---you will never get rid of those types---all we can do is shake our weary heads-----how many times did i have to wait til some granny counted out seventeen pennies -----too many to count.

Kiwonk
11-02-2007, 02:41 PM
----how many times did i have to wait til some granny counted out seventeen pennies --Hey! That was me!

Well, I finished the witch costume. Now I am trying to get my old computer ready to dump. My new computer is perty.

I haven't gotten any acknowledgement of my resume yet. How much you want to bet they just laughed and tacked it on the bulletin board?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Oh fer gawd sake. They are overwhelmed with pieces of paper, deadlines, complaints, and no one there can make a decision. Call the editor!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowpernia
11-02-2007, 04:34 PM
I feel so much more relaxed now that I realize we have c opy editor. I a not going to worry myself over proof reading anymour.

I am sluggish and depressed a little. WhY? you axe?:

1. My butt is too big.
2. My joints feel they retanning water.
3. My butt doesn't fit into tings.
4. O see fungus on my toenails and when I look up this stuff, I see that hte cure also kills your liver BUT there are other curettes that you can do for a year or see and they are known to help 1-9 percent of the people who do them.So which one shuld I try for a year before going to another?

I am almost finished iwth my scrrenplay and it is maybe 1/3 as long as it should be. I didn't realize it would be so much work. Hel.

Kiwonk
11-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Apple Cider Vinegar

How much does this job pay? I think it would be easier than driving 75 miles to work.

I know I'm being impatient, but I submitted my app. via email and was hoping to get an acknowledgment.

I'm watching an online graphics tennis match.
(http://layertennis.com) Bizarre, huh?

Kiwi

Wabby
11-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm trying to stay retired. So far I've been offered a job as a bookkeeper at a construction company, a teller at a bank, and a checker at the cutest organic food store you've ever seen. So far I've said no to all of them, but I have this nagging feeling that I'm being lazy or foolish and that when I want a job, no one will want me.

You all should see the most adorable organic food store my friend has opened. I really, really hope it's a success. It's called The Green Grocer. It's right next to my previous place of business.

Did I tell you DS has returned to work after his work accident? He's working for the people who bought my business and so far, so good. He's really happy - he thinks he's going to like working for them. He loves not being the bosses kid....... and these employers aren't cheap...... he gets health insurance with dental and vision. We never provided dental and vision.

I've got to go....... DD just called to tell me her water broke.... I think we're having a baby!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Kiwonk
11-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Wow, Wabbit, you squeeze a lot of news into a leetle post!! I'm so glad to hear that your DS is back working and happy with what he's doing. It sounds like you ended up with the perfect buyers for the business!

Can't wait to hear about the baby! Best of luck to DD and hugs to all! (And you are totally right not to take those jobs: I'm sure if you do decide to go back to work, something will fall into your lap then)

Later gators

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Yay BABY!! Yay GREEN GROCER!! Yay WABBO!!!

So .. speaking of offers, I got a call the other day from a job I applied for (not at school) offering it to me once my references check out. I accepted but said I wasn't giving notice until my references check out. I really had regrets. I've been making a place for myself at the supermarket, get more hours than anyone else, am getting trained on new stuff.

Still... this job pays more and is close to home. It sounds boring. Supermarket work is not boring, really, for me because there are so many people around. I like that. I like that you don't have a boss approving or disapproving everything you do. I like that you finish and start over all day long. It's mindless.

Then yesterday, I worked an 8 hour shift and they scheduled my hour-long break after 2.5 hours which meant I had to take a break while I was fresh and happy and spent 5.5 hours standing on unhappy legs and getting grumpier and grumpier after break. That other job started looking good.

Cherry Cow
11-05-2007, 03:48 AM
Baby!!!

"Looking good" is underlined for me. Interesting.

Kiwonk
11-05-2007, 02:01 PM
I can't wait to hear about baby!!! The Wabbit family is due for some happy yummy baby love.

Hey, I just uploaded my address book into facebook and found that Frappe is on there. I'm going to friend her. I also found a couple of other email addresses associated with unfamiliar names... hmm :chin: people using aliases?? One of them is our long lost comrade in oatmeal...

Peachie, what would you be doing in the new job? Will the grocery store give you a few hours a week to keep your hand in? I'll bet they would like to have you available.

Wow, we had a bunch of rain from that Noel hurricane and now it's Indian Summer again. Gorgeous. And only, oh, 45 degrees?

k

SugP
11-06-2007, 05:07 AM
"Baby" is underlined for me. :D Oh Wabby, this is so exciting! Another little one to spoil. You must be thrilled. And Kiwi's right, when/if you feel like working again, the right job will come along. No need to pressure yourself now.

Peachy - I am sending you postitive vibes to help you make the best employment decision. I've never worked in a grocery store but did a lot of time in many retail establishments where I had to deal with nutty customers. I hate retail. I need a job where I can work alone in a darkened room and only come out when I feel like it. :dizzy:

Kiwi - Wow, Frappe is on Face Book? I ran into Cranberry a while back and have her listed as a friend. Small world. Face Book still scares me though. Someone from Sweden asked to be my friend but I hadn't a clue who it was.

I was 3°C here yesterday morning. Double it and add 30 - 36°F?? Brrrrr!! We're in for some kind of hurricane thing at the end of the week. Don't know if it's from Noel. They said that was going up Scandinavia way so I guess it'll pass by here too.

And last but not least...every time I come over here I am confronted with Kristy "I've lost 14 pounds in 4 weeks" Swanson's gigantic turquoise boobs in that stupid Medifast ad. Can you cows see it too?

Kiwonk
11-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Yup, I friended Frappe and she accepted, but I haven't heard anything from her. By the way, Cranberry has pneumonia apparently.

Well, my extra nice weather only lasted one day, it's now like November is supposed to be -- dark, gloomy, rainy and cold. Must be why I was born in November...it's so me.

I mean seriously, it's 3:36 and it's getting dark. Blah.

I am applying for a stupid fill-in office job that a friend asked me if I wanted. Which is fine, but would you believe it's been so long since I had real employment I can't find any records of dates and salaries? Is it a good idea to just guess on a job app?

:celebrate: I want New Baby News!! :welcome3:

Wabby
11-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Vincent Allen is 6 lbs. 7 oz., 19 inches. He has a full head of dark hair and a dimple on his chin. Mama had to have a c section after a long unproductive labor, so she's feeling pretty sore. Baby is in intensive care for another week due to running a temp and having a bit of problems feeding. He's doing fine and is expected to come home in a week. Right now they're still tube feeding him in addition to feeding w/ pumped breast milk. DD came home yesterday and she's having a hard time w/ baby still in the hospital.

......... and apparently my kids think that babies make me happy, b/c DS's girlfriend is expecting in July. I know. His divorce isn't even final yet. I did point that out to him, but that didn't seem to dampen his enthusiasm for this pregnancy.

OK. Thats more than enough news. I think I need to go lie down for a bit. :fr::bomb::headache::tired::whoo::stars::crazy:

SugP
11-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Congratulations to the Wabby family!!:hat::bb::cp:

I love the name of the new little darling. Hope mom and babe will both be feeling well really soon.

My goodness, Wabs - when you get up from lying down maybe you should think about opening a pre-school? :o

Kiwonk
11-07-2007, 11:24 PM
:hug: Aw a little boy!! :flow1: Congratulations Wabby and DD! :congrat:

Bagzz
11-08-2007, 12:03 AM
oh hello cowpies--i was away in BACKWOODS LAND with my friends from my glass class--we shopped in the hurricane on the weekend {Freeport,Portland,Augusta and then Bangor} crazy but fun-----spent way to much cash at Bath and Body Works----ANYWAY!!! WHAT EXCITEMENT HAS BEFALLEN THE HERD SINCE I HAVE BEEN AWAY-----AMAZING NEW BABY HAS ARRIVED---VINCENT!!! HOW SWEET THAT IS!!! CONGRATULATIONS WABBY AND CO!!!--I bet Kayden will get a kick out of seeing her new cousin!!! little ones love looking at each other!!=---wabbs,don't go workin til you feel like it and if you don't have to ,don't bother-----but if you think it might be fun----go for it----the Green Grocer sounds sweet----maybe peach can give you some tips on customer appreciation -haha----peach,what is the new job??? what doe it entail???----okay,i have to go to bed---i just picked up dd and her friend at the winebar and i am zonked---- not on wine,just mental pausin.

Cherry Cow
11-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Congrats Wabby! Vincent is a great name! And another new baby to love is on the way! Awesome!

Cowpernia
11-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Awww, DS was 6 lb 4 oz and 17 inches so Vincent is even MORE perfect than perfection! Wabby you don't knit??? Time to start. Baby blankets are so useful.

It is a great name. Very manly yet artistic.

I'm not taking the job, I think. Fergetaboutit.

Cowpernia
11-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Well, it's good that I didn't want that job because I got a call saying I had not passed the screening process. Naturally, I demanded an explanation and was referred to human resources. Called that office was told that "Someone is in my office. What number can I call you at?"

Either I have been blackballed by a former employer or ... what else could it be? Really really really mad.

Kiwonk
11-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Oo, that does not sound good, not passing the screening process. I hope you get an answer so you can find out if someone is passing on fraudulent info on you.

I'm not sure which is worse, never hearing anything at all when you apply for a job (so far that is the case in both jobs I have applied for..), or being turned down.

Hello, I'm depressed, how are you?

I went to the stupid, oops I mean music, boosters meeting last night, and I didn't volunteer for anything! Aren't you proud of me? And I ordered 2 coffeecakes. :ink:

It's dark for most of the day now it seems, how am I ever going to tell when it's time to go to bed? Maybe I'll just wait till daybreak to be sure. :dizzy:

Cowpernia
11-08-2007, 07:48 PM
You sound depressed, Keywee. What you need is someone to p*ss you off.

Coffee cakes you buy but don't have to bake?

Yankees come down here and little boxes of stuff called "pork rolls." Do you know what that is? Looks like spam.

Kiwonk
11-08-2007, 08:07 PM
You sound depressed, Keywee. What you need is someone to p*ss you off.

Coffee cakes you buy but don't have to bake?

Yankees come down here and little boxes of stuff called "pork rolls." Do you know what that is? Looks like spam.I hate spam. Oh, you mean the canned meat stuff... Pork rolls sound disgusting. Like Vienna sausages only chunkier. :barf:

Yeah, Coffee cakes that are delicious and I don't have to bake them and they even freeze well. Of course they cost too much, but it's a fundraiser.

Grrrr.

I'm going to go post a poll.

kiwi

Kiwonk
11-09-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm off to see the Wizard
The wonderful Wizard of Oz

Tonight we are going to see the high school musical. I'm sure it will be fabulous, although I will be missing the wonderful people who grajeated who don't seem to be doing anything that I can attend :mad:.

My DD, who should be home to see her alma mater's musical, is instead going on a retreat with a bunch of muslim students. :eek: The college has a lovely lodge in the White Mountains and the group is going up for 2 days. I presume she will not be converted while there, she does plan to spend Monday with her bf who will make sure of it...

Oy.

Kiwi

Bagzz
11-10-2007, 09:20 AM
dear kiwonkers!!! i am with you on the musical!!! my dd's old school is doing oliver twist so i will again assist with the sets,---i do have one good thing though---one of my best friend's daughters is playing a lead roll {Nancy,Bill Sykes girlfriend}so i can at least enjoy that much~~~i was thinking cowbells,let us start a new thread i preparation for the Christmas period----why not start NOW!!!!! here i go!!