Old 10-16-2007, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Where do you shop?

While I had a few minutes I went to do some online shopping, I don’t have really any winter clothing and it is getting cold. I realized that I don’t know where to shop anymore. I have been plus size for my entire adult life now that I’m a large top and a size 14/16 pants most of the clothing at the plus size stores don’t fit me anymore. So I’ve been shopping at old navy, fashion bug, and JC Penny (when they have a sale) but I was wondering from you all were do you shop that has nice clothing at reasonable prices?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:43 AM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I usually get staples at Gap and pieces from lots of other places. On Saturday I found a bunch of sweaters at Gap for under $20 each and splurged on some jeans. For winter clothes, though, I like Burlington Coat Factory. Old Navy was great when I was losing until I found my "style and fit" into maintenance because it was so affordable.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:39 AM   #3  
nerd on a mission

Height: 5'6

American Eagle, the Gap, Old Navy
eightbitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:43 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Kohl's, Target, and Old Navy
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #5  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm a regular at Marshall's because you get the brand name stuff for cheap! But because of the nature of their business sometimes I'll go in there and find aboslutely nothing, other times they are loaded with great stuff! Burlington Coat Factory does the same type of business and has good stuff too.

But for both of these stores it makes a big difference to go to one in a nicer (and richer) neighborhood, it really makes a difference in the stock they carry.

I was just as Marshalls 2 days ago and got an awesom pair of DKNY jeans for $24.99 !
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #6  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Living on an intern paycheck...Everywhere I shop has to have reasonable prices! I like The Gap Outlet for basics(I haven't been in a while...there isn't one close by!), Target, Old Navy, Forever 21. If its a big enough mall/city/store, J.C. Penny has good things, although its hard for me to find stuff that fits in the styles I want! The petite section is just so small there. Also sale racks at Belk's, Dillard's, Macy's..New York & Company is good too.
DGAdDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

As far as affordable places go, I like Marshalls, Ross, Rugged Warehouse, Nordstrom Rack, Plato's Closet, H&M, Old Navy, American Eagle, JC Penney, and of course plain ol' Goodwill

When I can afford it, I'm all about Nordstrom, Lucky Brand, and Saks Fifth Avenue, but it's been awhile since I could afford any of that.

I'll shop almost anywhere, really, and I own clothing items from almost every store (well, ok, there are a FEW exceptions ) - if it's cute, and I can afford it, I will wear it!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:11 PM   #8  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Shane I am just like you. I love shopping at Nordstroms, Rich's (before bought by Macy's), Macy's of course, Armani Exchange, etc.

BUT now I'm not shopping on mommy and daddy's budget, neither can I fit lots of it anymore. So I go with my old faithfuls, Ross, Rugged Warehouse, Old Navy, JCPenny, TJ Maxx, Sears, Boston Store and Belk.
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Love the Gap, personally. I would say that at least 60% of my wardrobe is either Gap or Old Navy!

H&M is good, too, if you have one nearby. Their prices are reasonable, and they always have new stuff.

I also have the occasional thing from American Eagle or stores like it... but it depends - they rarely carry anything over a 12/L.
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:56 PM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

A few people have said The Gap, but I don't think they are reasonably priced at all! The only stuff I ever buy there is stuff that is on sale. In the past year I haven't shopped there at all because even the sale prices seem to high to me.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #11  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Salvation Army, Goodwill, Thrift Mart, yard sales...

I really can't see paying any money for clothes I don't plan to fit into for much longer, nor have I ever understood how a balll of cotton can turn into something that costs 50 bucks. The pants I am wearing now are Old Navy, as good as new and I bought them at a thrift store for 3.50.
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:04 PM   #12  
but you can call me Sarah

S/C/G: 165/185/135

Height: 5'2

I like the Gap, but have a hard time finding a size that fits both my wide bottom and short legs. Thats true for most name-brand stores. Old Navy is good to me. Ross and TJMAXX are my friends. But good ol' Target is like a nice-worn tshirt.
wifey bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Lori - the prices at Gap seem to vary from season to season... lately they've been on the high end again, but this time last year they were much more reasonable... I notice this the most with their jeans, which sucks, because they have the best jeans ever! The curvy bootcuts are like $20 more than last year! Grrr...
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:38 PM   #14  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

How could I forget H&M? Awesome style at very good prices!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:12 PM   #15  
I restore Teeth.

H&M, LOEHMANN's (if you have one near you- some of there high department store labels are on sale for less than 10 bucks during red and yellow tag sales!), marshalls and THRIFT SHOPS. Some have really nice clothes that you wouldn't believe are sold there!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote