Support Groups - Weight Loss & Chitchat #271

View Full Version : Weight Loss & Chitchat #271

Jane
10-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site! :wave:

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.:yes:

FrouFrou
10-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Was typing away and hit submit and it said the thread was closed, lol! Good thing I didn't lose my post. Anyway...

Hello ladies...

SASSY...hugs!

JULES...will have to check out those shoes.

JANE...thanks for the seeds!

SUE...chili eh? Today would have been a perfect chili day...it is a little chilly here. Hugs to your mom.

TRISH...glad the wedding went well and the in-laws are nice ones.

MARTI...don't work too hard.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Today has been a worthless day, lol. I slept until 9, heard the dog so took him potty. He had been hiding under the bed since yesterday from 3 p.m. until then because of thunderstorms. So took him out and then went back to bed, lol. Must be the weather because I didn't get up until noon,YIKES! Oh well...guess we all need a day like that sometimes, lol. I did get up and get one of my new dvds done...the Leslie Sansone Walk & Jog...man what a work out. She said that if you do the jogging part (she has a lady do the low impact, no jogging) the 30 mn. dvd is equal to a 2.5 mile walk! This one has some different moves as well. Plus I did a little over 2 miles on the treadmill. And...I got two more of the new dvds in the mail today...Denise Austins Burn Fat Fast-Cardio, Dance & Sculpt & Preventions Dance it Off...can't wait to try them. Anyway...yakkity, yak.

Have a good day everyone!

Jane
10-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi ladies,

Marti - I don't blame you a bit for just snuggling up with your honey after a hard day's work. Have a good evening.

Sue - I'll send you some seeds, too, some time this week. The weather here is so nice, but it's getting a little cloudy. Not sure if rain is on the way, or not, but we sure could use some.

Hi to anyone else reading this.

Well, you know what they say, "We make plans, and God laughs!". That was my day today. Caylin wasn't feeling well, so instead of going with Mary, she stayed with me, and has been "Grandma's girl" all day. Needless to say, I didn't get done what I wanted, but I sure had more fun with her, lol.

Food, water and exercise are all great! I have been including some protein with each meal, and I can tell the difference in my energy level.

Hope your day is going well.

TTFN,

Jane
10-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Cristina - you posted while I was composing, lol. The seeds are now on their way. Wow, you're doing great with the exercise. Let us know how you like the other DVDs, too. Aww, poor Ernie!

Sassy_Chick
10-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi Ladies.

TY all once again for keeping me in your thoughts. :hug:

DH went to the Orthopedist today for his knee. He went to one that I went too years ago for my ankle. I had really bad tendinitis in it and knock on wood after seeing that dr. it has never came back! We had forgotten all about him until mil mentioned him to DH. He is getting an MRI now of his knee. He said he'd fill me in on what all the dr said when he gets back.

Yes I'm glad I got the 3 days bereavement too, although I'm sure my boss will have a tissy over it. But nothing he can do about it. We tried and tried to get a hold of him on the weekend to let him know and he never answered his phone or his page, so not our faults.

Cristina -- Seems like you are doing fabulous darling! :D DH has said he has been feeling lots better since we've been eating better. We still haven't been exercising yet. But DH's knee has been killing him and so has my back. I think mine is due to this crazy weather though. I need to break out my WATP DVD too. I think I have a couple Denise Austin's too.

Sue -- Mmmmmmm Chili. Love it. Hope you are doing well. ;)

Marti -- Earning extra cash for Christmas? :D lol. Don't work too hard. :)

Jane -- Awwww sorry to hear that Caylin wasn't feeling well. Glad your doing well w/ your food and exercise.

Hi to anybody I may have forgotten and to those MIA! :wave:

The neighbor's next door have a little yappy dog that barks constantly and drives me insane! :crazy: We've told them about it and they don't seem to care. I hate to tell on them cuz they may end up having to lose their dog or move, but its driving me nuts!

Then their is some ding-dong outside blaring their music all hours as well. I just love apt. living. NOT! lol. We are still looking for a condo or house to rent. I found some in the Sunday Paper. I hope and pray we get out of here. I've had it! lol.

Well enough of my complaining. lmao. Tomorrow is my Grandpa's Funeral.

:hug:

pattygirl63
10-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Good Morning :)

Sassy - So Sorry to hear about your Grandpa, but I agree that he is happy with you Grandma and family who went before him. That is how I felt when my Granddad passed away years ago. My real Grandmother had passed away when my Daddy was 6 weeks old and although my Granddad loved his wife who was the only Grandmother I knew, he never got over losing my Daddy's Mother. So the emotions at this time are mixed. You and your family are in my prayers.

To everyone else. I so loved my Sweatin to the Oldies tape and loaned it out and never got it back. It was my favorite exercise tape. I also enjoyed my 1 mile WATP but it is hard on my leg since the knee engery. Howeve, I recently read that Tai Chi (probably spelled wrong) is excellent when you get older because it helps your balance and keeps you from having falls as you get older. I have a dvd at home that I am going to start learning and using it when I go back home.

I am trying to stay within my WW pts, but I am finding it difficult to get my veggies in so I am trying to make it up with fruit, drinking plenty of water and have days that are very active and some not so active so it will be interesting to see how things go.

Guess I better close. Hope everyone has a great day. Will check in and write again when I can.

Trish

Jane
10-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Good morning, ladies!

Christmas is 10 weeks from today!

Sassy - I'm thinking of you today. :hug:

Cristina - man, you've lost a lot of weight, and toned up since the last pictures you shared, haven't you? Way to go!!

Trish - if you mix 1 T. lite Ranch dressing in 1/2 cup salsa, this makes an excellent dip for (free) raw veggies, and it's only 1 point. I'll check into the tai chi (?) dvds.

A big hello to everyone else.

Today is my pap smear and blood tests. Oh joy. At least the scales will be down from when I was there last. I'm not sure how my cholesterol will be, since it takes a while of clean eating to move it considerably. Tomorrow is 1 month exactly - that should help, at least.

Not much else going on.... have a good day!

FrouFrou
10-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...yes, I have and I must say, it feels good! I am on cloud nine today :cloud9: I am so close to being in the 180's it is killing me. I don't like pictures of myself but those aren't so bad...cracks me up how many one has to take to get a decent one, you know, one we like, lol. I'm really critical of myself. Glad you had a nice time with Caylin...hope she is feeling better. Ugh, don't mention Christmas! I am not ready once again, lol.

SASSY...thinking of you today sweetie. :hug: Sorry to hear about DH's knee. I know how ya feel with the yappy dog...does get on ones nerves for sure.

TRISH...that video was my fav too! The kids even loved it! Last I saw it it was in one of their rooms and then we moved and haven't seen it since. But I have another on the way, woohoo!

MARTI...did you get to cuddle with James? Seems you and he are so busy with work.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

I've been up since 8 but haven't gotten much done. Had to run a couple of errands this morning. But...I do plan on getting my exercise done...as soon as I get off here. Doing a dvd, mowing the front yard and probably 1.5 mile walk. Spent quite a bit of time on this thing trying to get airline reservations for Josh to come home...man the times suck. I could have gotten the times and less layovers for $2200, yikes! Too much money and I know he wouldn't want to spend that much. I am just glad he is finally coming home, and for a whole month! Anywho...that's about all I have for now.

Oh, forgot to add my WI...I am down almost 1.5 pounds...so close to the 180's now it is killing me! I will be sooooo happy when I get to 189! Shoot, I am doing the happy dance now and I am just down to 190.6, lol! Gettin' there, slowly but surely.

Have a GREAT day ladies!

Jane
10-16-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm back....

Cristina - airline rates are so random! Now that Neal is retired, I check the box that says our flight dates are flexible, and you wouldn't believe the differences! Seems like they ought to be regulated better. Here's to your weight loss - :cheers: 180's - here she comes!!!!

Ok, ladies, where is everyone else?????

My trip to the doc has left me scared. :( I didn't mention it to you guys, but in July, I had a small TOM after 3 years of menopause. Plus, I've had some cramping off and on for awhile. So now I have to get a pelvic ultrasound on Tuesday; blood work to check for ovarian cancer; and a biopsy of my uterus done in Evansville soon. I don't have the date for the biopsy yet; my doc has to fax my chart to them first.

On a positive note, my doc was very happy with my weight loss, and says she heartily endorses Weight Watchers. (I wore thin pants, instead of jeans, and took my shoes off, lol)

Tomorrow I'm having my monthly lunch with my niece Carol, and while I'm in town, I'm going to run some errands. I'll check in with you after that. :hug:

Marti
10-17-2007, 02:38 AM
Oh Jane! :hug:

My thoughts are w/you, and I hope all turns out to be ok and the doctor is just doing routine check ups.

I'll be thinking positive for you and if you need anything, you just holler ok!

:hug::hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-17-2007, 05:21 AM
TY all. :hug:

Yesterday was ok until we got to the grave site. My Grandpa served in WWII so he had the military burial. That was my first one of those. :cry:

Haven't had much sleep at all. :tired: I guess its lucky I don't have to work until next week..........

Big :hug: Jane, I hope everything turns out well for you. :hug:

:hug: to all.

sz2atheart
10-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Jane--So sorry to hear your scary news, but it sounds like your doc is on top of things. T's & P's sent your way. You are doing so well with your weight. Isn't is great when your doc notices your weight loss and you get a smile instead of a lecture :D

Sassy--Thinking about you and your family. Hope you get some rest sweetie!

Cristina--Wow, you should see what is at the end of our street...a house all decorated for the return of a soldier. They have a huge banner in the front yard and a dozen 4 ft styrofoam yellow ribbons decorating the yard. Every window in the house has ribbons along with a gigantic american flag. I bawled my eyes out all the way home. Any news on Josh's return? I'm always thinking about you.

Big hugs :grouphug: to Marti, PJ, Sue, Trish, Jules...I'm getting a brain fart and know I'm missing a few. After finishing up all my steriods and antibiotics, I'm back to square one and feeling like crap. I called my pulmonary doc yesterday and I'm back on steriods and zithromycin for a full 2 weeks. :tantrum: I absolutely hate steroids!!! But I gotta breathe. I'll start looking like a sumo wrestler by new week :sumo: On a happier note, I'm still heading to dance tonight, cough and all, gotta get some exercise. Beside, I won't have to cook cause they offer a buffet.

FrouFrou
10-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...hugs to you. :hug:

TAMMY...Josh will be coming home next Friday, the 26th! :woohoo: The house be be like your neighbors but almost. I've got a banner and took the dirty, icky yellow ribbon off the tree yesterday. Will replace that with a new, clean one. Plus I am going to tie little ones all over the branches. Already have a banner blessing the troops which will stay and then a blue star flag in the window. He will be embarrassed but it will make his day at the same time, lol. I CAN'T wait! Me and DH also have t-shirts (each one different) that say WELCOME home/back from Iraq that we are wearing to the airport. Sorry you are having such trouble with the cold...hope it gets better soon.

SASSY...hugs to you too!

Nothing much going on today. Getting some things done that have needed to be done for a while. No exercise at this point yet...not feeling it. The weather is icky and I am feeling blah. Hoping this rain passes.

Have a good day!

Jane
10-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Just a quick hello to say thanks for the kind words. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

Well I did finally get some sleep and yes feel lots better, thanks. :D

Tammy -- TY hon and I hope you feel better. :hug:

Cristina -- Awwww I bet you can't wait to see your son. :hug:

Big :hug: to everybody.

jules1216
10-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Sassy-my friend Silvia's "friend" that just passed away was a WW II veteran and had full military honors. It was a first one I had been to. It was very emotional.

Cristina--you are looking good lady!! I bet you are super excited about Josh coming home!

Tammy--hope you are feeling better soon woman!!

Marti--how have you been??

Jane--hope your test come through okay sweetie!!

Trish--I can do my Richard Simmons tapes now that the kids don't live at home any more to laugh at me while I'm doing it...

well I have to go get the candy bar in the diapers ready for Teri's shower tomorrow.

Sassy_Chick
10-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi Jules! :wave:

Yes the military burial surely is very emotional..........

I hope Teri's Shower goes well! :bb:

Marti
10-18-2007, 12:59 AM
Evening Ladies--

Sorry I haven't been around much. I am fighting a head cold and by the time I get off work, I'm tuckered out! I was barely able to talk yesterday, today I can't hear very well and my voice is still cracking....I'm hoping tomorrow it'll be like nothing was ever wrong w/me!! :D (yeah...wishful thinking)

Right now, I'm ready for bed. I haven't done any exercise this week and that's driving me batty! But I just don't have the energy. I shouldn't be going to work really, but just can't see me laying around when I can get paid. (stubborn....yes)

I will try to do individuals later on. But for now....hugs to each and every one of you! :hug:

G'Night!

Sassy_Chick
10-18-2007, 02:46 AM
Evening Ladies--

Sorry I haven't been around much. I am fighting a head cold and by the time I get off work, I'm tuckered out! I was barely able to talk yesterday, today I can't hear very well and my voice is still cracking....I'm hoping tomorrow it'll be like nothing was ever wrong w/me!! :D (yeah...wishful thinking)

Right now, I'm ready for bed. I haven't done any exercise this week and that's driving me batty! But I just don't have the energy. I shouldn't be going to work really, but just can't see me laying around when I can get paid. (stubborn....yes)

I will try to do individuals later on. But for now....hugs to each and every one of you! :hug:

G'Night!

Hope you feel better!!!!!!!! :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Wanted to ask you fine ladies a question.........

Would any of you want to participate in a Jaded Ladies :haphal: Halloween :witch: Project?

All you need to do is:

Email me one or more of your favorite Halloween Pictures (Past or Present) of yourself, your spouse/significant other, your kids, or your pets. Pls also include names and a very brief description of the picture (s).

Email me your picture (s) by Thursday, October 25th. (Sooner would be greatly appreciated) So I have time to work on the project.

PM or Email me your email address you want me to sent the Halloween Project to once completed. (It does not take up a lot of space in your email and it will not be published publically, only will be sent to the Jaded Ladies via email who choose to participate)

If you need my email address, pls PM me or Cristina, Jane, or Marti. (I know Cristina has it, I'm pretty sure Jane and Marti does too, if not just let me know)

Open your email on Oct. 31, Halloween to see the finished Halloween Project.

It will be lots of fun and I think you will enjoy it if you choose to participate!

Jane
10-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Hello ladies,

Tammy - I'm glad you feel well enough to go dancing. Did you have fun? I'm all for any events that get me out of cooking, too, lol. I had a CA 125 blood test today, plus they'll check all the normal stuff. The lab tech said the info will get to my doc either tomorrow or Monday. I'm nervous about this.

Cristina - wow, your "welcome home" preparations for Josh sound so cool! He'll be blown away.

Sassy - I'm not sure I have access to any halloween photos of myself and Neal, but I do have some of the DGDs. Are you interested in those? Sounds fun! Well, I guess I could take a picture of a picture in the photo album of Neal and me.

Jules - hahaha, Neal rolls his eyes when I do the RS Disco Sweat dvd. Too bad! Have fun at Teri's shower today! Hope she gets lots of sweet stuff.

Marti - aww, hope you're rested and feeling better. Let James pamper you this weekend!

Hello to all you MIA Jaded Ladies. :wave:

Today is my son's birthday, and I just made his favorite cake. I'm going to have to keep my slice tonight to just 1/2 of a piece, because a regular piece is 9 WW points! :dizzy: It's his favorite that he requests every year - a Fruit Cocktail cake, very moist, with homemade coconut pecan frosting like you get on a German Chocolate cake.

I'm still doing well with food, water and exercise. My best motivation is the Florida trip next Spring.

BBL,

FrouFrou
10-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...glad you got some sleep! And YES, YES, YES! I will send some pictures! I actually do have one of myself with either DH#1 and/or a friend taken at two different halloween parties we had. Then I will share one of the kiddos when they were little...what are you up to missy? Lol...sounds fun whatever it is.

JULES...hope you guys have fun at the baby shower! Thank you! And YES! I am very excited about Josh coming home finally! He'll be home for a whole month, woohoo! Next week can't get here fast enough for me!

JANE...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Terry! :hb: The cake sounds delicious! Let us know as soon as you know the results. I know how horrible waiting can be, ugh! :hug: Thank you for the seeds...just received them today!

MARTI...hope you get to feeling better soon! :hug:

TAMMY...hope you are feeling better and that you had fun dancing last night!

HI to everyone else :wave:

Got my exercise in for the day and the eating and water are going well. I always feel bad for missing a day of exercise but some days I think I push myself too much and need a break.

Went and did my grocery shopping...glad that is over. Some days I really hate going to wally world. Today wasn't too bad but seemed like there was a lot of kids out of school and they were all at Wal-Mart, lol. Trying to get osme laundry done now.

Have a good day ladies!

Sassy_Chick
10-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Hola Chicas.

Jane -- Any Halloween photos are great. Just as long as you let me know who is who. lol. Happy Birthday to your Son! :bday2: I hope he had a great day! :D

Cristina -- that is great, and hee hee hee........you all will love it I promise! Its going to be fun and if it works out well, I will do it for the winter holidays too! ;) That is why I love my shift. When we go to Wally World, there isn't hardly anybody there! :D

Well Chicas I hope you had a great day and have a wonderful night!

Marti
10-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Good Morning Ladies....

Feeling much better today although I still have the scratchy throat. I got my walk in last night and I felt marvelous! :D
So my plans is to make sure I get a walk in every night!

It's finally Friday and I'm taking the whole two days off for the weekend!! Not coming in to catch up. I think I'm pretty much caught up as I'm gonna get for awhile....until the next wave of chaos hits! I've got over 5 hours of overtime for this week and the same for last week. So w/the raises we finally got....should be a good check.

I'm gonna wait to do individuals until this weekend when I have more time.

So until then....hugs to you all!! :hug:

Marti
10-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Wanted to pop back in to say that I've changed my WI days to Friday.....and I've lost 1.5lbs since I've last weighed in.

Pretty happy with that. :D

jules1216
10-19-2007, 02:19 PM
The baby shower was a blast--Geneva did an excellent job and Teri's friend from LA was there. She got alot of really great stuff. I can't figure out how to get the pictures onto this site, but I can email them. PM me with your email address and I will send them to you.

I am off to go to Teri's doctor appt, bbl!

FrouFrou
10-19-2007, 03:52 PM
SASSY...I will find those pictures tomorrow...they are old ones so I will have to scan them and put them on the puter that way. But I will get them to ya! Wal-Mart...that is the BEST time to go I agree! Before Josh got his truck he was driving V's so I took him to work at 4 a.m. and a couple of times I went and bought groceries that early...was nice but kind of spooky no one in the parking lot, lol. They do have a security guard that drives the parking lot until about 7 a.m. but it was still weird.

JULES...glad the baby shower went well and you guys had a good time. Thank you for the pictures...they are great! It's nice to see Teri coming along...the baby will be here before you know it!

MARTI...WTG on the loss this week! :bravo: Glad you got your walk in and are feeling better.

Hello to everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on. Went for my walk at the park and trying to get some laundry done. V and I are headed to SAMS to pick up a few things when he gets home and that's about it. Nothing special planned for the weekend either. Going to get my exercise done and lots of reading I hope!

Have a good one!

Jane
10-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristina - yw for the seeds. Hope they come up and bloom next year! I should get some results back today of the blood work, and I'm as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rockers. I know what you mean about Walmart. I get frustrated when somebody has taken the whole aisle and knows you're there, but won't scoot over. :dizzy:

Sassy - ok, I'll see what photos I can come up with. It will be interesting to see what you're up to!

Marti - a big WOOHOO for the 1.5 pounds down! :cp: And a big YAY for overtime, and raises, too. I got into my 1 size smaller jeans last night for Terry's party. That felt good!

Julie - I sent my email addy via PM. So, what all cool stuff did she get? I just love baby showers!

Tonight is my scrapbook crop, and I've got some pages picked out to do. Can't wait! Wish you gals could join me.

I'm amazed that I'm still 100% op even though I'm anxious about the blood test results. Plus, I have the biopsy and ultrasound yet to have done. When I feel like munching, I've been eating grape tomatoes and green pepper slices. So far, so good. :D My weigh in is tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it.

Toodles for now,

suetalks
10-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Quick pop in from here...I hope all you ladies have been missed by the storms, and continue to be missed. We had a few limbs down, but it sounded much worse.

I am down with a bug, although today is better than yesterday. I was nauseated and soooo tired. Today I am just cramping and still tired. Yesterday I ate crackers and a piece of toast. Last night I wanted ice cream...go figure...and ate a small amount of light. Today I have had toast and a little bit of cereal. Lots and lots of tea and green/mint tea. Mom is also sick, but we don't know if it is this bug or just more of the same she has had. Now she has hives and I had to contact her Dr. I know she is so tired of everything she is going through. And let me tell you, just being sick for 2 days I have more sympathy for what she is going through with all of the days she has been nauseated.

Just wanted to check in and say I have been reading. Jane, I am sending good vibes and prayers your way. Sassy- I was thinking of you Tues. Glad you got back safely. Cristina- YAY for Josh coming home. Our prayers have been answered. Marti- Sorry you have been under the weather. NO fun. Jules- So exciting about the baby. I am glad the shower was fun and something to not be forgotten.

Congrats to all who have been exercising, OP and for the losses. I have been doing nothing, and imagine I will lose by default. LOL I had been UP on Mon. which really depressed me.
Hi to all.

jules1216
10-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Sue--the shower was really fun. I hope you are feeling better. I reach for the mint tea when I am not feeling so good. Ginger sometimes helps me with nauseousness.

Jane--hope the biopsy and everything else goes well. Teri got alot of stuff. My sister in law made the comment that she got a really good variety. Trish ended up with alot of clothes and little other stuff besides diapers and baby wash/lotion. She's got some more things coming from people who couldn't make it to the shower.

Cristina--it's something like 9 weeks left. Everyone is getting excited. I am painting her old dresser dark blue and bought star & moons stencils. Hope it turns out!!

Marti-hope your feeling better!!

Sassy--your halloween project sounds fun, I don't have any pics of me dressed up.

Sassy_Chick
10-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi Girls. :wave:

Well once again I didn't sleep that well. I had to "catnap" a few hours but I'm still tired. :tired: I think its just everything that went on this week has my sleeping schedule all out of whack. lol.

Marti & Sue -- I hope you both feel better!!!!

Cristina -- We went to Wally World about 6 a.m. this morning, only people there were the workers. ;) Sounds great on the pictures. :)

Jane -- Hee hee hee. You shall see. ;) Jane your doing great and we all have you in our prayers that your results come back all fine! :hug: Wanted to add -- Jane I am so glad your results came back normal. :hug:

Jules -- Doesn't have to be just you, can be anybody really, just pass it on who the person is and a little brief description about it. I was thinking about it and I don't think I have any of myself either. lol. I was thinking of dressing up my cat for a photo! lol. I bet he'll be so excited about that! lmao. Anyways, its all in fun. :)

Well the "Yapper" is at it again. I SO wish those morons next door would move! They are just noisy and a pain! They talk loud too and are just driving me insane! Maybe its lack of sleep that has me cranky, but still. I want to get out of this place!!!!!

Big :hug: to all and Healthy :goodvibes to all!

Jane
10-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Just a quick one.

As I was about to leave for scrapbooking, I got my blood tests back. The test for ovarian cancer came back normal. Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes! Now I have an ultrasound (scheduled for Tuesday), and a biopsy to get through. My preliminary meeting with the gyno/surgeon is Monday.

Chat at ya tomorrow. :)

kelton
10-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Hello.

I am new to this group but I think I like it alot from what I have read.
I was invited by a very nice person.

I did a Bio and have also played a couple of the games here.

I look forward to getting to know each of you and getting to jump right in.

Sue, I love your avatar. Very refreshing and beautiful.

Jane
10-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Good morning, ladies,

Kelton - a big :welcome2: to you. I think you'll really like it here - these gals are so friendly and caring. What's on your agenda for the day?

Sue - aww, I hope you and your mom are both better today. Nuthin' worse than nausea! Yep, we had a lot of limbs down, too, but most of the worst part of the storm went around us.

Jules - TY so much for sharing the photos. I loved them! Teri's belly is so cute! You can put photos in your "my pictures" file, them just attach them to your posts. But sending them email was fine, too.

Sassy - sorry about the noisy neighbors. I've had to deal with that in the past, and it's a big pain in the butt. Are they the type of people you can talk to about it?

Hello to the others!

Weigh in today is another 1 1/2 pound down. That's 3 straight weeks of exactly 1 1/2 pounds. :dizzy: My cholesterol is 195 - within the normal limits, but still too high for me. I want to get it back to 180 or 185.

Scrapbooking last night was so much fun. I got 4 pages done, by doing the journalling on the computer ahead of time.

Hope you're having a good weekend. BBL,

Marti
10-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Hello ladies!! :wave:

This is a quicky for the moment, will be back later on, hubby is in search of the espresso machine and only I know where it's at!! :D

Welcome Kelton!! Happy to have you join us! Looking forward to getting to know you more.

Ok...off I go, shall return later.

FrouFrou
10-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Hello and a big :welcome: KELTON! Looking forward to getting to know you and glad to have ya.

SASSY...sorry about the noisy neighbors...been there, done that! I swore I would never live in another apt. :crossed: Of course sometimes living in a house is or can be as bad. Fortunately, *knock on wood* we have good neighbors here, and the last house as well. Well, except for the former neighbors yappy dog. And she didn't take too kindly being told that even though she had already told me how annoying her dog was to her, lol! Hope you finallly got some sleep though.

JANE...I need to get back to my scrapbooking for sure. I need to finish Josh's Army album. When he comes home I will have some more good pictures so...well glad the results were normal. I am sure the rest will be as well. :hug: Almost forgot, WTG with the 1.5 lb loss this week! :bravo:

SUE...lots of hugs to you and your mom. You ladies have had your share of illness lately and stress for you. Hope you and your mom get to feeling better soon. :hug:

MARTI...hope James finds the machine, lol. ;)

Hello to everyone else :wave:

Well, as I said, nothing special going on with me today. Have yet to start reading. Woke up at 4:30 a.m. again and couln't go back to sleep until about 7. Normally I would just get up but I did the same yesterday and I was sleepy. So didn't get up until 10, lol. I am getting my walking in...already did a 20 minute walk on the treadmill and will be doing more plus my 2 mile WATP. Received my last dvd and since tomorrow is a free exercise day for me I think I will try one of the dance ones...they look like fun, lol. Thought I would kill two birds with one stone sort of. Walk, time on computer, walk, computer, etc. lol. Hey, you do what ya gotta do, lol!

Have a good weekend ladies! Time for another walk, lol.

Marti
10-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Hello everyone.

Well I'm back. Got the espresso machine out for hubby. Just isn't the same as Starbucks. :lol:

Been doing ok eating the last week even though I was sick, but exercise as I have mentioned wasn't done at all until Thursday. But I'm back on track and feeling better. Throat still scratchy but better. Thank you all for the congrats on the weight loss. Sure keeps me motivated to have your support!! :grouphug:

Ok, lets see if I can catch up on individuals!

Jane--I'm so happy to hear that your blood work came back normal! :hug: I know how scared you must have felt and are still feeling towards the ultrasound and biopsy. Will say a prayer that they both come back normal/negative also. Great job on the 1.5lbs down. You're doing fabulous on WW like I knew you would. Very proud of you.

Sassy--I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa passing. It's so hard to lose someone. Many hugs to you. I hope that you were able to catch up on some much needed sleep. As for photos....I don't have any halloween photos of myself. And the ones I do have are of Jhanai when she was little and they're still packed in boxes in my closet (I know....who doesn't unpack their photo albums??) I would like to see what you're up to though...is it possible to see what you do anyway once you get them done?

Cristina--Hurray for the 1.5lbs down! I think it's the week for 1.5 lbs losses! You'll hit the 180's in no time. You've got yourself a good collection of DVD's. Have you figured out which ones you enjoy most? I've tried some dancing exercises on the "On Demand TV" and let me tell ya....I have no rhythm!:o I look absolutely ridiculous trying to do belly dancing. So much so that I crack myself up trying!

Tammy--I hope you're feeling better. Steroid shots? Do you have asthma? Hope you had a blast dancing, just be careful you don't over do it.

Jules--Baby showers are so fun! We have a lot of gals at work who are expecting. In fact, one just had her son. He was born 11mos after her daughter!! I can't imagine two babies in diapers! I'm looking forward to seeing some photos when your grand baby arrives. When is her due date again??

Sue--I hope you're starting to feel better. How is your mom? Is she doing better at all? Poor thing. A gal at work, her mother is going through some kind of medical mystery illness. They honestly don't know what is wrong w/her and she's so tired of being sick. It's been a year and they still don't know what's wrong. She has this really hard mass in her stomach......I would think that they'd do some kind of ultrasound or biopsy on that to see what they can find. Anyway, I hope your mom gets some relief soon. She's in my thought and prayers.

Trish--When I was in San Fran last year, my hubby and I walked around the city and there were many groups of people doing Tai Chi! It looked amazing just sitting there watching. And the majority of the groups were elderly. So it must help. Let us know what you think of the DVD when you start using it.

Kelton--Once again, welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you. You'll love this group. The gals are just wonderful and so supportive.

Hello to everyone else. Mindee....PJ.....Marykate... and anyone else I have missed.....hope all is well and that we hear from you soon. Miss ya!

I think I'm going to go find me some dinner. You all have a wonderful evening and I'll chat w/you soon.

Hugs to you all!

kelton
10-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Sorry, I didn't know if I should do an intro when I joined this group because I see some of you on other threads... but thought I would for others that didn't know me. I didn't want to see precocious about just coming in on a thread and posting & people think I am some troll or something.
OK now that all those welcomes and hellos are out of the way ( I won't do it again).

Jane thank you for the welcome.

Marti thank you & I can't wait to get to know each of you ladies ! I agree completly... this group of ladies seem to be just what I have been looking for.

Frou Thank you for the welcome and I love to talk & chat so you'll all be getting tired of me soon.

Thank you all for the welcomes and all, I greatly appreciate it & plan to be here a long time, if you'll let me.... you may get tired of me soon :lol:.

To all those who are sick, I am so sorry ! It is so awful being sick & I wish you all a very fast recovery... And as others have said please try to get some rest just for you.

You guys rock & I am loving every minute of it !
:hug: :dancer: :spin: :spin: :dancer: :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Hi All.

Well so far anyways, the neighbors have been quiet. I did get some sleep, finally.

Hello & :welcome3:, Kelton!

Jane -- We have talked to them before. Well DH has, doesn't do any good. WTG on the weightloss :bravo: and I hear you about high cholesterol. I've struggled w/ mine since I was 16. Imagine being 16 and having to be on a low cholesterol diet. Try taking Fish Oil Pills. They are in the vitamin section, they will help lower the cholesterol. That is what I use now and it works. Oh and Thank You for the lovely card! We checked our mail yesterday. :)

Cristina -- TY. So far they are quiet tonight. Yeah I know that living in a house doesn't necessarily mean quiet. In our last place, we rented a house and our neighbors had kids that were heathens. Sounds like your still doing Marvelous Darling on the exercise. :belly: Wish we lived closer, you could keep me in line. lol. TY as well for the sweet card. :hug:

Marti -- Glad your feeling better. I think I had a touch of whatever you had. My throat was a bit scratchy and just felt icky. I think I had a fever too as I woke up sweating. Yeah I can include you on the email if you are curious. lol. Cristina emailled me her pics so at least I'll have hers to be "creative" with. ;)

So anybody who does not have any photos and is curious on what I'm up too, just let me know and I can include you on the email when the project is finished. Start searching for your winter holiday ones now. hee hee. PM me your email addy -- if I do not have it already. (I have Cristina, Marti and Janes)

If you don't have any Halloween photos, you can share some fall photos if you want to participate.

All of you are doing very well!!! :cheer2: Well ladies. I am going to eat something as I have not eaten yet today. (been asleep) lol. My sleep schedule is totally out of whack now! And I go back to work on Monday night! lol. Oh yeah and loads of changes happening at work -- for the better! We have a new manager over us, he isn't new to the co. he is over another dept and is very good and very active in what we are doing and trying to get things to be a lot better, so I have hope now. :)

Have a Great Night and rest of the weekend!

Also I wanted to add: If you would like to particpate in the Jaded Ladies Halloween Project and do not have any Fall or Halloween Photos, please send me some of your favorites of yourself, your family, your pets, etc. It is a Halloween Project but I myself do not have any Halloween Photos and just chose some pictures.

pattygirl63
10-21-2007, 09:55 AM
A quick Hello to all of you! This is our last day with grandchildren. We have enjoyed it, but we are really tired :( and ready to get home. We head back for SC in the morning. We will make 2 stops on the way. DH wants to take me to the Space center here in FL and we will spend the night in Daytona Beach tomorrow night and then go to visit he's deceased wife's mother and sister in Ocala and then be home Wednesday. DD computer doesn't work online all the time among other things (sweet precious girl who needs to get her priorities straight) so I haven't always been able to get onlight to write. It will be nice to be back home with things that work. I have had a couple of days that we ate out and I did not stay OP, but over all I have done pretty well for not having my foods around. I plan to change things up a bit and get more serious about this weight loss when I get back home. I'll share that then. I hope every one is doing well as I don't have time to read... do that and catch up when I get home. Trish

kelton
10-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Good Morning all.

Hope everyone got some decent sleep !

I got up late and now feel tired still. I don't know if I babysit DGD today, I never really know until DD walks through door with her...(a little notice would be really nice) but I love DGD so much that I can't say much or she won't let me see her...can we say manipulative ?! another story for another time.

I hear my dirty dishes hollaring my name ... I wish they would shut up !

Today is a new day & I am starting out with a nice glass of water... yay !

Sassy, I don't usually put photos online but I think I will look for some to send to you. I might only have some fall ones or few of pets. Me & DH don't really do pix, so not many of us... but plenty of DGD, & Our DD's and pets.
I hope what you are doing turns out just like you want it too ! I think it is great that you are doing it.

Patty, Nice to meet you. I know you won't be able to read this for a while but when you do.. it is nice to meet you .
Sounds like you had a blast with the DGK's, I can only imagine. They are the greatest persons in the world !
I have a *sweet precious girl who needs to get her priorities straight*, <heavy sigh>... SOmetimes I want to help her get them straight by slapping her back into reality,,, but so far I have held that in <darn it>.
Glad you'll be back soon.

Sassy_Chick
10-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi Everybody.

Still awake.......I know I should be sleeping......(For the new members: I work M-W nights) But I still have tonight yet and then tomorrow its back to work. :comp:

Hi Trish sounds like you all are having a great time!

Kelton -- Well this project will only be emailled to the Jaded Ladies participating or curious on what I'm up too, lol. So it won't be posted online or anything. ;) Any photos are welcomed. :) I think everybody will enjoy it. :)

A lot of strange things have been happening around here. I know its not just me either cuz it happened when DH was home this morning too. Won't go into details or you all will think I'm looney. lol. :crazy:Well I hope you all have a Great Sunday!

Marti
10-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Morning Ladies!! :wave:

Woke up to half a voice!! Now what in the world?? Crazy. Didn't do my walk yesterday as Saturday is my exercise free day......(but I really should have since I only walked 2 days last week)

Eating has been good. I have always been a second helping girl...but now, I tend to either have my one serving or break up the first serving in half and eat the other half for the second helping. (Does that EVEN make sense???) :lol: My portions are staying right on is the point I'm trying to make I guess. :dizzy:

Will walk tonight, today I have a lot of errands to run....getting the oil changed in the car is one of them.

Sassy--I do believe that I lot of colds and illnesses are going around right now. I'm constantly cleaning up around me and washing my hands at work....but I managed to get a cold anyway darn it!

Trish--Hope you have a fabulous last day w/your DGK. And great job w/staying OP even w/out your own foods around. Should feel good about that.

Kelton--I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying this group. They are a bunch of great girls that's for sure! How old is your DGD? If you get her today hope you have a great time w/her.

Good morning to the rest of you gals out there. :wave:

Well, if I have things to do this morning I better get myself ready and out the door. Have a good Sunday.

kelton
10-21-2007, 04:07 PM
A couple quick questions ..... Need to know if these are good prices and are they good diet food for you & so on. Please help.

In my grocery ad it has these...

Gerber's Amish Ground Chicken Burgers 16 oz for $2.99... is that good & are they good for you ?

Yo Crunch Yogurt 6oz 10 for $5.00 Good for you ??

South Beach Diet Entrees 9oz to 11ozs 3 of them for $5 Good for you Or a scam food ?

I just need some help.

Thank you in advance.

kelton
10-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Kelton--I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying this group. They are a bunch of great girls that's for sure! How old is your DGD? If you get her today hope you have a great time w/her.

Thank you Marti :)

My DGD is just now 16 months today. She was a preemie by 2 months & stayed in NICU for **only** 2 weeks (thank you God) !!
DD had severe female issues (as whole female part of family does) and was told she would never be able to have kids EVER. She was put on shots & birth control to help with her severe pain & bleeding. hAD EXTREME ISSUES ALL DURING PREGNANCY, (oops caps, sorry). Then she developed Preclampsia & was in labor the whole pregnancy. She was on BC when she got pregnant. Oh her hubby was supposed to be sterile. DGD is a Miracle baby !!

She is the absolute light of my life !!
Anytime I get to spend with her is an honest to God privilage and honor.
I don't know what I ever did without her.

She *might* be a *tiny* bit spoiled by Papaw & me... But only thru love & affection, not by buying her love.
Ok, I could go on for days & write a novel..sorry I get carried away. lol

Talk later,
Kelton

Jane
10-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Hello ladies,

Cristina - I've seen Army and other armed service photo albums in Hobby Lobby, and think of you when I see them. About the sleep situation, I do the same thing once in awhile! Can't sleep, then I nap the next day, then I can't sleep again. Vicious circle. :dizzy:

Marti - hey, I'm proud of you, too! You're doing great! Did you get your voice back?

Kelton - about the foods - you might want to check and see if the chicken is all white meat. If not, it may too many calories and fat. The yogurt - I have no clue. As for the diet entrees, I think they're alright, if you check and see if there isn't too much sodium. Lots of packaged foods have a lot of additives, etc. that I'm trying to get away from, but sometime they are so convenient. Ahhh, sounds like you're as crazy about your DGD (dear granddaughter) as I am of my grands. I have 5 DGDs and 1 DGS. Like you, I don't know how I got along without them! They are so sweet, I could sop them up with a biscuit, lol.

Sassy - so many of my photos were on the old computers hard drive, so I don't know if I can send you any, or not. When I tried to take a pic of a photo, the resolution was messed up, in trying to get a close up. Hey, what's going on that's strange? We wanna know! We won't think you're weird - at least, not any weirder than US, lol.

Trish - good to see you back, and I look forward to hearing more on Wednesday. I love Daytona Beach! Only been there once, but it sure was fun.

Sue - I didn't forget your seeds but I've just been too darn busy to send them out yet. Hope you and mom are better today.

Mary Kate - how's the situation going with the extended family living with you?

Jules - have you bought a teeny tiny Christmas outfit yet? I've seen some, and thought of you. He'll be here right before Christmas, right?

Pink Jane - where are you? Did Mickey come and take you back to WDW??

Mindee - hope you can join us soon again.

I talked to Angie on the phone yesterday. She's been a busy, busy gal, but says she will pop in soon.

A big hello to any JL I may have missed!

Just a lazy Sunday - just the way I like it, lol. Mary and the girls came over for dinner, then we reorganized the craft/play room. Looks much better!

Tomorrow I'm headed out for the first visit with the gyno/surgeon in Evansville.

Have a good one, ladies! :hug:

Marti
10-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Hello ladies!

I'm back for a short spill. I got all my errands done in town and now all I want to do is...............well nothing! :D

I do have some blank calenders so I may work on those. I want to make one for my hubby w/just our dogs. Another I plan to make for my parents for Christmas. That's IF I can get the motivation to be creative tonight.

I got some chicken breast for my meals that I have planned for the week. Love the individually wrapped ones you get at Costco....can freeze the whole package and only grab what I need!! Perfect. I'm all for simplicity.

Kelton--You're DGD sounds precious! And wow she sure is a miracle baby! Your DD must be in awe over having her! As for the food questions... I've never heard of the Amish ground chicken and I don't know about the entrees, although that price sound pretty good to me. I try to stay away from entrees for the reason Jane has stated....high in sodium. And the yogurt sounds good! I have yogurt every morning for breakfast along with toast and peanut butter w/my cup of coffee. And what ever fruit I may have on hand at the time. Banana's are a favorite (for breakfast). Wish I could help you more......

Jane--I'm keeping you in my thoughts for tomorrow!! What kind of crafts are you and the DGD's interested in doing? My niece is always wanting to do a craft and my DD was always into that kind of thing......now a craft project isn't even close to something she wants to do. At least not like it used to be. If only I could go back in time for a little bit!!!

Hello to the other gals out there.

Ok...I'm off to clean the bathroom. The one room I always put off but can no longer do that. So....I shall chat w/you all later!

Hugs! :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Hi Ladies.

I had to force myself to get up "early" because I work tomorrow night and I woke up with a bad headache too. :headache: I think its lack of caffenine, as I have not had any in days. I know that is good, but the headaches from it are killer! lol. All I've had is water. :carrot: I feel like I've been living in the bathroom though! lol.

Hi Jane. Don't worry about the pictures, maybe you can get some onto your computer by the winter holidays or something, if you want. ;) Well here goes: the weird things that have been going on is things get knocked over or thrown on the floor without anybody near them, including my cat who was sitting right next to me at the time. I have this monkey that my mil gave me that I keep hanging off of our bedroom door that only falls off if the door gets closed too hard or something. DH & I and our cat was all in the living room and I heard it (it makes a noise when it falls) and I told DH to go and check it out since we all were in the living room together. He said it was sitting in front of the dryer! Our dryer is a couple feet away from our bedroom door and there is no way it could have just "fallen" there, no way! The only way it could have gotten there is if it was thrown! No windows were open or anything like that either. My DH has "seen" a ghost here. He says his name is Carl, he wears a work shirt with his name on it, that is how he knew his name. I haven't "seen" him, he only knocks things over, usually only when I'm alone, this morning was the first time it happened with DH here. I am usually the one who "sees" the ghosts, but I haven't seen him. I have seen DH's Grandma at his mom's house when we first got together and his parents were down in Tennessee and DH & I were house-sitting for them. I was alone, just gotten home from work, and was walking down the hallway to his mom and dad's bathroom when I saw DH's grandma. I've never met the woman, she was passed before DH & I had met. Anywho, when I told DH, I described her, including that she was wearing a white slip. Well I had no way of knowing, but my DH and my MIL both said that she used to wear her slip around the house in the mornings while eating breakfast so she wouldn't get any food on her dress. There is no way I would have known that and I had only seen one small picture of her at that time and she was wearing clothes. lol. I think she was just "checking me out" since I was in her house and I was "new" at that time. (MIL and FIL live in her house now)

I've also seen: an Indian and DH's Step-Grandfather at my in-laws house, when we were living there with them. I also seen his grandmother a couple of times after the 1st time. One time I had seen her and at that time her cat was still alive, she was sitting in a kitchen chair, petting her cat. I told DH this and he went up a bit later to go outside to smoke and his grandma's cat was rubbing the chair I had seen her in. He came right back downstairs, telling me and was kinda freaked out. I was like, "I told ya I saw her" lol.

Then when we lived in Upstate NY I saw a quaker woman, with her child and they both were really bloody and all she said to me was, "help me". Later to find out where we lived at that time, up the road there was a major massacre and a lot of quakers were massacred.

I haven't "seen" anybody in a long time, infact ever since we have moved out of my in-laws house. Then strange things began happening here and my DH told me about "Carl". I am thinking of searching the town's records and seeing if there is anything on file. Maybe they had a maintenance man here or something with that name.

We also had a friend that DH was in class with at our college who heard about me seeing things and wanted me to come to his house to come and walk through his house to see if I seen or felt anything. (I didn't). But like I told him, Ghosts don't just hang around all the time and sometimes they hide esp if there are strangers around. Like at my in-laws house, I didn't see them all the time, we lived there for 3 yrs so it was over that amount of time that I saw those.

So that is my story. So I've always been into the Paranormal. I watch most of those haunted shows and ghost shows. Maybe I need the Ghost Hunters to come here. lol. (its a tv show, there a team of people who go to haunted places researching)

I hope you all don't think I'm too looney. :crazy: lol.

Have a Great Night. UGH back to work tomorrow night for me and I dread it, esp after being off for a week and a half now........:p

Marti
10-22-2007, 02:22 AM
Hey ladies...

We're pretty darn close to 50, so I'm going to close and start a new thread.

See ya at 272. :wave: