Carb Counters - LOW CARB *CHAT*CHAT* 10/15 thru 10/21

aud
10-15-2007, 02:52 PM
17 days to go in ROCKtober . . . 17 days to KICK IT!

Hiya LC'ers!

Think my tooth nerves died or decided to quit hurting! w00t!:carrot:

Soooooo ready to get back OP and get in The Zone!

Really have missed exercising - cannot even believe I just typed such a thing!:o:p

I'm off on some more errands - getting ready for Tessies' Turning 10 Birthday Bash this Saturday . . . and also hitting the gym . . . got my fingers crossed on the Tooth Thang . . . dentist said to call if pain returns and they'll work me in . . . if not Root Canal still on for next Monday.

Feeling sooooo dehydrated . . . gonna make sure to get my wah-wah in.

How are you all doing?

aud
10-15-2007, 03:07 PM
:welcome3: to SalsaSarah! :hug: Chat on in here and tell us about yourself!

I've been whacked and OffPlan . . . feeling sluggish and dehydrated as a result. Just so glad to be OUT of pain. Still have a TON of anti-biotic to take - and a delicioso refill of my new Vikingodin Friend!;)

Determined to get back on the ZONE Wagon irregardless, ya know?

Join me?

beach bum
10-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Nothing new to post.Had a wonderful weekend food wise. The scale is showing a loss,but I not going to post it on my ticker until W-I at the end of this week.

Aud-Thanks for starting us up this week.Sending you some :dust: for your OP or Zone. Going to walk with my walking tapes this afternoon,before going to the doctors. Good Luck with your tooth. Yikes:yikes: I hate:devil: root canals,I had enough in my day. Ugh!!
Antibiotics I had to take them when I had food poisoning and developed a rash,that I can not get rid of.

Have to go,will post later

Hugs :) BB

RobinW
10-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Im still here, and op :cb: Things had gotten a little nutty for me. Ive been posting alot more over in chicks in control since that has been a big issue for me, for most of my life. Unfortunately its taken me 40+ yrs to figure out what I need.

Ive been eating good, getting my exercise in, and getting the rest I know I need!

This is going to be a killer week for me. The shop is busy, and I have 4 networking meetings to attend. Ive planned my food for the week, so I should be ok. Plus dh helping where I need him to certainly helps ease the craziness I get over food.

Have a nice evening ladies!

Azure
10-15-2007, 08:07 PM
I had a downhill weekend, in spite of the bravado I felt going in...today was the final straw. I actually feel physically ill today, and I'm having an Ulcerative Colitis flare thanks to it, too. On my way back to school from home, I was re-listening to some older episodes of The FitCast (a health/fitness podcast I listen to weekly). A couple of those were interviews with Cassandra Forsythe, the woman who inspired me to try Atkins in the first place. She's a proponent of ketogenic diets and touts the benefits for weight loss.

Cass is a PhD. candidate and her research is based on ketogenic diets. She did it for her Masters thesis and she's doing it for her PhD. as well. Listening to her reminded me why I wanted to try a ketogenic diet in the first place and why I thought it would be beneficial for me. The key is consistency. I can't be perfect for 5 or 6 days then go on a carb binge--it negates all of the helpful effects of ketosis.

So, that said, I do think that I'm ready to start where I was before... I'm not going to be over-enthusiastic, I'm just going to do it. I make a resolution to JUST DO IT every-other week...but I don't want to keep struggling. The struggle doesn't make me happy. The sugar and refined carbs DON'T make me happy...in fact, they make my intestines cry. So, I'm saying goodbye to junk. Goodbye, junk.

With that, I'm going to link a YouTube video that I thought was REALLY funny having to do with carbs :D CAUTION: This video does contain some swearing/adult content, so watch with caution and out of the ear shot of kiddies/coworkers. http://youtube.com/watch?v=-kGvtne2zfo

krawhitham
10-15-2007, 08:29 PM
I went off the plan today :( I think i've probably eaten about 40g of carbs.

I felt really sick this morning, as if my blood sugar was really low so I had some eggs, and I still felt sick so i started eating things with carbs hoping i'd start feeling better.

I do feel better - but i had to go off the plan.

I think i'm going to up my carbs to 30-40 a day because I only lost 2lbs during a little over 3 weeks of induction, and I KNOW i was in ketosis too. It's just too much sacrifice for too little loss of weight.

RobinW
10-16-2007, 10:12 AM
:coffee: Morning!!

Ive been up for hours!! Been to a networking meeting, I think I'll go back. Its a weekly thing, a bit better to keep in touch with folks.

Im doing good, down 4 more lbs :dance:

Have a great day ladies!

beach bum
10-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

I posted yesterday that I was in control over the weekend,but soon as Monday came I slipped,and started craving everything in site while watching T.V. Luckily the scale reported that I just went up .5 .I found a web site that spoke about

10 foods that will curb cravings.
1-Veggies & fruit
2-Whole wheat
3-Beans & Legumes
4-Potatoes
5-fish
6-soy
7-Flaxseed & Flaxseed oil
8-Nuts & seeds
9-Low Fat plain yogurt
10-Omega 3-Enriched Eggs

Non of the above is on Atkins or l/carbing. except for veggies,eggs.fish & nuts.So what hope is it for us to stop our cravings???

[B]Robin-I was wondering where you've have been lately.You used to post regularly.Have they given you any pointers that you could pass on over here??? Sending you :dust: so you can get thought this busy and hectic week.Big congrats on your 4 lb loss. Hey tell us your secret.

AZURE-I don't know what to tell you. My DH always tells me to eat less and go off this diets that we cling too. But it hard not matter what WOE were on. Doing it every other week makes sense as your body will be able to rest on the week your off. Sending your Luck:lucky: and all the best in what your trying will work for you.

Kraw-Thats how I feeling right now,Don't know if losing or stalling is worth so much effect on any plan anymore. I switched meals around,and now I going to go off of L/C for a while and see what happens.. The only thing that scaring :fr: me it that the holidays are right around the corner. When the big eats like family favorites are going to hit the tables. Have to really ponder if I what to go off low carbing.

Have to go,its almost 11 AM and I'm still in my robe.

lynnar
10-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Good morning. I guess I was just being impatient yesterday when no one seemed to be on the board. I know I saw something about the forum moving, though, so I'm not just paranoid.
My weekend wasn't too bad foodwise, but going to a bar on Saturday was (predictably) bad for induction. I did drink all low carb (rum and diet coke) but I felt pretty bad on Sunday. So I'm back to low carb and no alcohol for a while.
I'm still struggling with snacks. I get hungry sometimes and I'm still looking for something you can grab out of the fridge and eat. If I was doing Weight Watchers, I'd be stocking up on grapes. Or if I was just counting calories, I'd get myself some rice cakes or lite microwave popcorn. But low carb snacks aren't that easy. The carvings are under control (Thank God) but I still get hungry. The cheese calls to me at night!!
Today is one of my long days and I brought my left over pork chops to the office for breakfast (DD had very early cross country practice) and I have my salad with grilled chicken for lunch, but I didn't bring any dinner. I'll probably get a burger and throw away the bun, but that won't be enough food so I'll be standing in front of the fridge when I finally get home at 9 or 10 p.m. Not good. And I need a little wind down time when I work a long day like this before I can go to sleep. Too bad, because that would be a good option at 9 or 10 when you can't find anything to eat. Well, I'll figure something out and post about it tomorrow!

FitinTime
10-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Hey there Ladies!

I'm still here, just been busy at work and doing things with the family.

Still on plan and exercising. I'm losing inches now, my size 20 jeans are feeling loose on me. I can't wait to get into a size 18! :carrot:

My food has been pretty much the same things every day. I don't get tired of it because I'm so used to what I eat already.
Although at times I will go to LindaSue's website and make her Taco Bake, it's so good. What I love about her site is that she has all the carb counts on each recipes so we know how much we're eating.
Anyway that seems to help me.

Don't forget to eat fats, that's what keeps our appetite under our control. Use whole mayo for tuna, egg or chicken salads, use olive oil for your salads and veggies. Eat red meats, chicken with the skin on it and you will be surprised at how you become less hungry. If you feel hungry again, eat some protein with fat. Make some hamburger patties and keep them in the fridge, eat them for dinner or lunch. If you get hungry snack on one. Or make sliders and put a slice of cheese on them. Just make sure to eat fats, that's what helps us to lose weight and curb our cravings. I highly recommend using Linda's Low carb website and making foods from her recipes if we get bored with what we're eating. So many things to choose from!
And be careful of dairy products, they will sometimes stall us.
Certain alcohol is allowed with no carbs.

I would just like to say, being patient is so important. I know we want to get thin quick, but it's really better to lose slow. Let our bodies adjust and then we'll start losing. Don't forget inches are just as, if not more, important than what the scale shows. I look like I'm starting to get a waist, lol!

We can lose the weight, we just need to be consistant all the time with our eating. I think by shocking our bodies may do more harm because now it has to adjust to other foods, then what it was used too. But that's just my experience. :)

I see people like JersyGyrl and how she just perserverd, didn't change a thing and lost her weight, being dilligent and patient with herself. In time she took off all the weight she needed.
Atkins does work! We can lose weight on this plan but we need to stick to it and do it the way we're supposed to. :)

:coach:I'm just trying to encourage you all, not to give up or think that this is hard. Getting to my goal weight is more appealing to me than drinking a beer or eating a hc food. I've come this far not to blow it and I know you Ladies feel the same. Hang in there, and don't get discouraged! :hug: You all can do this, I know it! :cheer::cheer:

Take Care!!! :dust:

krawhitham
10-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Lynn I agree with you about low carb snacks...It's hard to always snack on pepperoni or celery or something...after 3 weeks of induction and NO snacking I SERIOUSLY need something to snack on now!!

krawhitham
10-16-2007, 01:58 PM
I would just like to say, being patient is so important. I know we want to get thin quick, but it's really better to lose slow. Let our bodies adjust and then we'll start losing. Don't forget inches are just as, if not more, important than what the scale shows. I look like I'm starting to get a waist, lol!

We can lose the weight, we just need to be consistant all the time with our eating. I think by shocking our bodies may do more harm because now it has to adjust to other foods, then what it was used too. But that's just my experience. :)

I see people like JersyGyrl and how she just perserverd, didn't change a thing and lost her weight, being dilligent and patient with herself. In time she took off all the weight she needed.
Atkins does work! We can lose weight on this plan but we need to stick to it and do it the way we're supposed to. :)

:coach:I'm just trying to encourage you all, not to give up or think that this is hard. Getting to my goal weight is more appealing to me than drinking a beer or eating a hc food. I've come this far not to blow it and I know you Ladies feel the same. Hang in there, and don't get discouraged! :hug: You all can do this, I know it! :cheer::cheer:

Take Care!!! :dust:

Thank you for this!! I need some motivation to just STAY on track, I guess when EVERYONE I know loses at least 5lbs on induction, and I lose nothing, literally i didnt lose a thing on induction, it's frustrating and I KNOW Atkins is working, it just seems like it is working differently for me than for other people :oT

lynnar
10-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Kraw, I think I know where you're coming from. At my last WI (before the weekend!) I was still down about 7 pounds after four weeks on atkins and down about 2 pounds since week 2. I feel like something's working, but right now my pants are killing me. Way too tight. My goal was to get back into wearing my work clothes comfortably in a couple of weeks. Ha!
Fitintime does a great pep talk though. I'm going to keep trying! I feel like this is my last chance after trying (and failing) at so many other diets/lifestyle changes, etc. I've even been to the doctor who gave me diet pills that I didn't like at all. I've thought about surgery, but I know someone who had bad results and I don't have the money. So Atkins has to work!!!

Puncezilla
10-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Good morning. I had a bad, high carb weekend and feel awefull. Eating bad food makes me feel so sick and yet I can't stop myself once I start. So I'm back to square 1, and clearing off the treadmill.
I'm so hungry today, the first day back is so hard.
Thanks for the encouraging posts everyone and CONGRATS to everyone who lost!

My favorite LC snack is pickles, the Jar claims they have 1 carb per 30gr. but 0 callories. Impossible? does anyone know how they can make this claim? I eat a lot of them and they've never stalled me.

lynnar
10-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Pickles? Hadn't thought about them. May have to stop at the store on my way home. Thanks.

aud
10-16-2007, 03:27 PM
I read a lot in the Chicks in Control Forum too, robin. Have a lifelong food obsession/relationship that I haven't dealt with well.

I do best when I don't think of Atkins as a "diet." A diet for me is something thats temporary . . . or something to "cheat on" etc. LC makes me feel great and it's the "cheating" part that makes me feel like crap. I think we are literally poisoning ourselves with refined sugar & flours and I need to keep my focus on this as a lifestyle choice I've made for all the right reasons - weight loss is an added bonus, ya know?

Was reading along over @ ChicksinControl in the Wee . . . liked what someone Posted about " . . . Food is just food!" Looking back, I've looked and felt my best when I adopt this attitude, ya know? Really need to change my thought processes of attaching such significance to food - For instance, the focus on things "I can't have."

So what - most times those foods don't taste as good as my imagination makes them . . . not to mention making my pancreas SCREAM with insulin overload to process!

Looking back, I've looked and felt my best when I get in touch with TRUE hunger - no easy feat but can be done. When I've stayed OP (eating small MEALS frequently) and kept up with my mega water intake . . . there is very little true hunger in this way of life so no reason to snack.

I have never stalled when eating OP - no matter the AMOUNT of eating OP! When true hunger hits - I've re-eaten an entire meal . . . ****, I've eaten half a pot roast b4 . . . or another plate of fried chicken!

I've never even stalled when emotional eating like crazy as long as it was overeating OP . . . I've eaten BAGS of pork rinds w/sour cream etc like a wolverine etc etc . . .

The only things that have stalled me is eating OffPlan snacks/foods . . . even small amounts.

Counting "NET" carbs instead of counting TOTAL carbs was a disaster for me. D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R.

Not getting lots of water in.

I'm working very hard on losing the "deprived" feeling . . . I'm NOT deprived - as a matter of fact - even on my worst days this wol is healthier than the vast majority of North Americans . . . I feel great . . . I lose inches/change body dimensions and keep internal functions on a steady even keel instead of the roller coaster of processing JUNK sugars/flours laden with chemicals!

That is all.:D

FitinTime
10-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Thank you for this!! I need some motivation to just STAY on track, I guess when EVERYONE I know loses at least 5lbs on induction, and I lose nothing, literally i didnt lose a thing on induction, it's frustrating and I KNOW Atkins is working, it just seems like it is working differently for me than for other people :oT

Your Welcome Kraw! I know where you're coming from and I know how hard it is. I've been trying to lose weight since forever and no luck. But I feel with Atkins we CAN eat all kinds of good foods and feel satisfied. Make youself a big ol steak and eat it. You'd be surprised at how full you feel and you don't crave anything. If you get hungry later eat a boiled egg or something. Even green olives are allowable on induction, at least 20 of them, I believe, are allowable.

Good morning. I had a bad, high carb weekend and feel awefull. Eating bad food makes me feel so sick and yet I can't stop myself once I start. So I'm back to square 1, and clearing off the treadmill.
I'm so hungry today, the first day back is so hard.
Thanks for the encouraging posts everyone and CONGRATS to everyone who lost!

My favorite LC snack is pickles, the Jar claims they have 1 carb per 30gr. but 0 callories. Impossible? does anyone know how they can make this claim? I eat a lot of them and they've never stalled me.

Hi Punce!
Sorry about your hc weekend, yeah eating that way makes us feel sick. Our body is not used to those type of foods anymore, but that's a good thing isn't it! Eat something with fat. Atkins say's we can eat as much of the meats/poultry and fish that he listed.
You will feel so satisfied too!
Come on Punce, you can do this, I know you can.
I am the worst at trying to lose weight and for some reason my body, mind and soul are finally one in losing weight and this is a first for me. So if I can do this, anyone of you can do this!!!:carrot:

Dust off your treadmill and use it, it will clear your mind and you will feel so much better. You will be in the "Zone"!!

I'm sending prayers and good positive thoughts your way Everyone!

Take Care!!!

JerseyGyrl
10-16-2007, 03:37 PM

Awwww thanks so much Diana:o When anyone asks me for advice about losing weight, the first thing I tell them...NEVER think of this as a diet you can quit once you've lost the weight!! Successful & permanant weight loss requires 1 thing...changing your eating habits for the rest of your life (total lifestyle change). If you think you can go on any weight loss plan, lose the weight and then go back to your old ways...you are setting yourself up for failure! The recipe for success is 1)Committment 2)Determination 3) Consistency... You must make a committment to be determined & consistant!

Anyone that knows me knows this is the way I eat 365 days a year. Almost 4years ago when I read Dr. Atkins book, one thing in particular jumped out at me & stuck in my mind "Your "just this one taste won't hurt" rationalization is the kiss of failure! BELIEVE it because its TRUE!! I hear people on eating plans say all the time "I'm not going to deprive myself"..."If I want a "treat" I'm going to have it"...etc.etc.etc. Then they sit scratching their heads because they can't understand why the weight isn't coming off. Eating plans were written to be followed to the letter for optimum results. I am an Atkins purtist...I don't believe in "tweaking" this way of eating nor do I believe in shakes, bars, low carb products such as breads, cakes, candies, cookies, chips, dreamfields pasta, diet soda's, crystal ligjht, flavored water, excessive artificial sweetener etc. Do the plan the way it was intended and it WORKS!!!
Remember, "If You Do What You Always Did...You'll Get What You Always Got" You CAN do this!!!:)

All the best to you!!

Kim

FitinTime
10-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Amen to that Kim!!!!

Puncezilla
10-17-2007, 03:22 AM
Thanks for all the encouraging posts!
I've been feeling a little down, and reading all your posts realy helps.
I can do this.

aud
10-17-2007, 07:04 AM
I wanna have PODCASTS . . . soon as I figure out how to put phone numbers into my cell phone!:o

I'd like to read more about ketogenics - gonna google the Doctor azzie . . . hope you don't lose too much enthusiasm - I count on your go get 'em spirit!:carrot: My audio is goofed up so can't listen to the YOUTUBE link.:( I rely on my Big Bro to fix all things computer - he's due for a visit!;)

Busy busy & late late night at the Salt Mine . . . got my long walk in tho' and have stayed gloriously OP . . . MUST make time for the gym tomorrow. Just Must.

Have a Great Hump Day Gals!:carrot:

Azure
10-17-2007, 10:37 AM
I wanna have PODCASTS . . . soon as I figure out how to put phone numbers into my cell phone!:o

I'd like to read more about ketogenics - gonna google the Doctor azzie . . . hope you don't lose too much enthusiasm - I count on your go get 'em spirit!:carrot: My audio is goofed up so can't listen to the YOUTUBE link.:( I rely on my Big Bro to fix all things computer - he's due for a visit!;)

Busy busy & late late night at the Salt Mine . . . got my long walk in tho' and have stayed gloriously OP . . . MUST make time for the gym tomorrow. Just Must.

Have a Great Hump Day Gals!:carrot:

www.thefitcast.com is the main website for that Podcast. I get mine off of iTunes (you can search for it and subscribe--it's free!). Cassandra Forsythe isn't a doctor (yet)--she's still in the process of getting her PhD. She's involved in a lot of research on Ketosis--she did it for her M.A., and she's continuing it for her PhD. If you download the episode with her on it, it's episode 13 of The FitCast. There's also a pay-for interview with her on The Fit Cast's "Insider" website, where she's interviewed specifically about Ketogenic diets and BetaAlanine (I bought it, because I think she's incredibly smart :) It was worth the $2.99 or whatever I paid for it). In general, I really dig that Podcast, so if you're interested, I'd start listening from the beginning :) Good stuff!

Oh! And Cass does have her own website. It's http://cassandraforsythe.com/ and her blog is http://cassandraforsythe.blogspot.com/

beach bum
10-17-2007, 10:51 AM

I have to make this fast as Leo and I are going out to the Mall to return a space maker that doesn't fit in our bathroom. Going to look for a smaller model.While I'm out in that area I'm going to a craft store to buy some small craft to keep my hands busy while watching tv. I noticed when my hands are busy I'm less attempted to visit the refrigerator.

I read somewhere on a thread ,that staying away from kitchen is the best way not to binge. I don't have any doors to close in the kitchen area. so,I decided I will keep the computer up during the night and close the door behind me and either post to you guys or explore the internet.

Have to go, will read and post after I get home.

FitinTime
10-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi Ladies!

Beautiful Morning, isn't it!

Hi Aud, I just re-read you post from yesterday and I though it was really good!
You're on the right track mentally, I believe that you CAN do this way of eating. I think that we just can't give up on something just because it seems like we are not losing fast enough. Everything takes time.
I'm not saying that you are giving up, in fact you sound very,"I'm determined to do this" attitude. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Yesterday, I went out to lunch with my sister, who is doing Atkins too. We ate at Carl's Jr and I had the taco salad, thinking I wasn't going to eat the shell, well, I did! It was around 75 carbs. Yeah, tons! But for dinner, I ate my normal chicken tenders and salad, exercised for about 10 min and when I weighed myself this morning I was still at 205.

I didn't condem myself for that, I just kept going and that's what we need to do, just keep going. I wish I could do this woe perfectly, but I know I may eat something that is hc. But I'm not going to be thinking about my next cheat. We'll just carry on and eat what we're supposed to eat keep our mind free and clear of all that. To me, that's the reality of it, that I know I may get off plan, but I'm not going to put my focus on that. My focus is on what I'm doing to lose and what I need to do.

:carrot::carrot::carrot:Yes you can Punce, you can do this! You have the heart and desire, and just by being here shows that you want to and can! Don't give up Punce, we're here for you. Don't let the food control you, you control it. I read someone saying that we know we can have any food we want, but we choose not too, because we know not all foods are beneficial for us.

Hang in there! We don't have far to go, we're almost there, to our goal :carrot:. I need you all to, to get through this! When your down, I feel down for you, when your up, I feel up too! We need to just forge ahead and put in our minds that we can overcome this weight we trying to lose!

I really care about you All and I just want us to lose this weight! When Christmas comes, we're going to wonder where time went and we're either going to say, "wow, I could have lost 10lb by now, or we're going to say, "Wow I lost 10lbs, I'm so glad I stayed on plan!"

And I don't want to offend anyone who may try to tweak they're weight loss. We need to do what works for us and then continue doing it. We know it's not easy losing, but we can try to enjoy the ride and make it easy on ourselves by not seeing this as a diet, but a woe and a wol. Like you said Aud!

We Are Going To Lose Weight!!!! WooHoo! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
Have a Great Day Ladies!!!!:hug:

RobinW
10-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Good Morning! :sunny:

Instead of retyping, I just cut and pasted what I put in my blog this morning....

Well Crap!!! So I go to my networking meeting this morning, (not my regular one, its in about an hour) and the presentor is talking about her chocolate company, and handing out free samples. I pass the basket and didnt take any. She comes back and says..."Robin!! You didnt get any!! Here take some extras for your husband and daughter!!" I smile and thank her very much....tell her my husband and daughter will be thrilled! I tucked them into the deepest darkest part of that new BIG purse I bought. I get back to the shop, and dug deep into my purse and handed them all to my husband, and said "Kathy says Hi!" He proceeded to hide them for me :hug: Gotta love that man!

So Im good! Another meeting this afternoon, I will have my boiled egg before I go, stop and pick up another starbucks on the way to the meeting, then eat my lunch when I get back. I will not even go to the luncheon table to see what is there. Why? Because I have my lunch planned out and I will stick to my plan!

I dont think I will get to the 4pm oa meeting today, but I will be able to get to the 630 meeting tomorrow. However, if I was feeling like I really needed it, I would make the time.

So thats that in a nutshell for today :D

lynnar
10-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Hello, I'm eating my usual salad with grilled chicken. I've been staying on plan and exercising but the scale has not moved in three weeks! I'm wondering how long I can last this way. I've been trying to be more careful about stray carbs. I no longer eat sausage (1 gram of carb) for breakfast. Instead I've been eating left over pork chops. I try to stay away from cheese at night too, but still no progress. I need to do something!!
I don't want to cut out my one salad a day, but I don't feel like I'm in Ketosis, except for a few isolated moments here and there. I'd like to up my exercise, but it's hard with a full time job. I get to the gym most mornings and do either a step class (50 mins) or eliptical (25 mins) and floor work. I could maybe add a walk at the end of the day, but I'm usually tired by then and just not in the mood. Or I could add more intensity to my gym time-since I've been doing the same stuff for a long time. But I'm always afraid I'll hurt myself if I add more steps.
Didn't mean to whine, but I am looking for something that will work!! It's hard to stay on plan when you don't get results. I see the people around me eating and drinking all kinds of unhealthy stuff and they're smaller then I am. What gives??

JerseyGyrl
10-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Lynnar,

Would you mind posting exactly what you are eating & drinking?

lynnar
10-17-2007, 03:02 PM
I don't mind trying to post exactly what I'm eating and drinking, but I haven't been journaling.
Yesterday I had two little pork chops for breakfast. I cooked them (on Sunday) in canned tomatoes, so there were some tomatoes there too. For lunch I had a salad (lettuce, cucumber, red onion) with grilled chicken and blue cheese dressing. No cheese on the salad. The dressing has 1 gr./ serving of carbs. I ate one cheddar cheese stick as a snack. I actually had two dinners. I ate a burger w/out a bun. And then when I finally got home from work at 9 I ate two frozen grilled chicken breasts (precooked) with a sauce made from about a tablespoon of sour cream and a couple of TB of parm cheese. I drank more coffee then usual yesterday because I had such a long day at work. I probably had four cups of coffee with half and half and splendor. The only other drinks I had were one diet coke and some flavored water (no carbs). I drink plain water at the gym and at lunch. I think I get enough water in.
Today, so far, I've had the same porkchops and salad. No cheese stick yet. Less coffee, but still two cups.
I know I need to count the carbs in the half and half and the cheese, but I still think I stay pretty low. I just don't see myself giving up coffee while I have a such a crazy schedule. I drive my daughter in for early morning cross country practice once or twice a week and then stay in town until at least five, but once or twice a week, I end up working late too. Naturally, the early days and the late days end up being the same days.
Thanks for any advice you've got for me!

aud
10-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Hiya LC'ers!:D

Hope I didn't come across as too heavy duty the other day . . . just part of my own journey, ya know? Everyone does need to find out what's right for themselves. I think I am getting clearer and clearer on what is right for me and just need to execute it. What was it jerseyG? Commit to being determined & consistent? "Just one taste won't hurt?"

I've had such great success on LC when I'm determined & consistent! Not just this time around but an amazing loss a few years back. I'm also trying to focus on just how great this wol makes me feel and think of the weight loss as an added bonus. My cholesterol #'s are plummeting and skyrocketing in a good way - determined to keep these thoughts in the FOREFRONT of my outlook.

The one taste thing DOES hurt me - moreso than the average person I think - let's face it - I'm soon to be 47 and have a lot of years of evidence that there is a very real problem of one taste hurting me!:dizzy: Getting a handle on that . . . oh yes, indeedy I am!:carrot:

az - Tx for the info . . . will explore when possible.

kraw & puncie: Let's keep on keeping on, shall we? So glad you both keep on Posting & letting us know how you are!:hug: We'll get thru this together as fittie says - look forward to your encouragement as well GF!:hug:

Hope you have a good mall shop beachie - good idea on the busy hands!

Where is Our Beloved Bouncie?????:( AND lilyb???:(

Hope you're doing good slimmingsi & alie!:hug:

Saving you for last lynnar - that has GOT to be frustrating for you . . . I can't give up coffee either . . . just can't . . . but have managed to give up diet soda's . . . not sure if either thing is bad or good. Judging from your sample meal - I think you should have lost tons by now - with or without exercise!:?:

Are you on any medications - long term or new?

Hope jerseyG can spot something here . . . and also hoping for a gigantic Atkins-WHOOOOOOSH to come your way soon! Hang in there!:hug:

Running late . . . will catch up with everyone in the Wee Hours . . .

lynnar
10-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Aud, thanks for Whoosh-wish! I guess I've been thinking something like that too. I just need to wait until something finally gives.

I've done Atkins before too, but not with a lot of success. I used to be able to lose weight when I was in my 20's. I'd do low calorie-sometimes really low calories- and exercise, then slowly gain it back and then do it again. But since the last baby (the one who is now 15) it's been mostly gaining. I think I've been on some kind of diet for most of those 15 years and when I'm not on an official diet I tried the "just eat healthy forever" route-although the definition of healthy changes every now and then. But I've never been someone who eats a lot of sweets or a lot of fried foods. Over the last 15 years, while I haven't been low carb, I've been following most of the healthy eating rules you hear about on Good Morning America and yet I've gained something like 60 pounds. Before I started Atkins last spring (and then took the summer off) I went to the doctor and got him to do blood work but that didn't help either. So I guess I'm getting kind of desperate. I think I'd just stay this size if I wasn't also old! Over the summer I ran into a couple of situations where I just couldn't keep up. The weight got in the way of what I wanted to do like climb up a ladder to get back into the boat from the water!
So now that everyone is sick of me whining, I better get back to work. Thanks for letting me complain.

lilybelle
10-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Hi everyone, Sorry that I've been missing. DH was off work last week and I just didn't find time to get on the computer. My eating was OFF and my scale rewarded me with a 6 lb. gain. Dang, this maintenance thing is hard. Anyway, I'm back to what I know works for my body, which is Atkins. I'm now pounding the treadmill again, eating LC and chugging the water. I was trying to do South Beach, but my heart just wasn't really into changing my whole plan again. I do need to buy a new Atkins book and re-read it. (MY oldest SD borrowed my book and never gave it back).

My DH has gained about 10 lbs. since switching to Oil Field work (I"M sure his is muscle), anyway he is wanting to lower his carbs too. His problem is he drinks a lot of beer. Does anyone know what alcoholic beverages would be low carb? I'm a total non-drinker, so I don't recall every reading about this.

So, Aud, it looks like you ladies are stuck with me again.

This morning when I weighed , I was so depressed about my gain. I'm over the depression now and have dug deep within myself. I can do this. I lost it before, I can lose these damn lbs. again. It's not like I wasn't aware that eating fried batterd fish, pizza, taco bell , cookies and cinnamon rolls wouldn't cause a gain. I just became lax and quit caring for a while. So, no more beating myself up, it's time for Action.

aud
10-18-2007, 06:04 AM
Another hectic nite . . . did not have time for circuit weights but did manage floor exercises and exerball stuff. Felt faboo all nite as a result!:carrot: Also got my Power Walk in . . . listening to a "thriller" book on tape "Consent to Kill." Time flies for me this way.

You have never come across as "whiney" to me at all lynnar - like I said not losing when doing everything any of us can think of right has GOT to be frustrating!

But HOW do you FEEL?

Just gotta ask 'cause I'm feeling so good again . . . and have you done your measurements? I've managed to lose my tape but just know I've lost LOTS of inches.

Hoping that's the case for you as well.:hug: We'll find an answer - I'm sure of it!

Hiya lilyb!:D That 6lbs will be off in no time! I sneaked a peek at the scale tonight and am so psyched - Monday I was bloated back up to 220 and a 1/2 . . . scale tonight showed new recent low of 216!:carrot: So glad you're back!:hug:

Finally getting sleepy . . . finishing off the last of my water and headed for bed - have a Great Thursday Morning All!

JerseyGyrl
10-18-2007, 07:18 AM
I don't mind trying to post exactly what I'm eating and drinking, but I haven't been journaling.
Yesterday I had two little pork chops for breakfast. I cooked them (on Sunday) in canned tomatoes, so there were some tomatoes there too. For lunch I had a salad (lettuce, cucumber, red onion) with grilled chicken and blue cheese dressing. No cheese on the salad. The dressing has 1 gr./ serving of carbs. I ate one cheddar cheese stick as a snack. I actually had two dinners. I ate a burger w/out a bun. And then when I finally got home from work at 9 I ate two frozen grilled chicken breasts (precooked) with a sauce made from about a tablespoon of sour cream and a couple of TB of parm cheese. I drank more coffee then usual yesterday because I had such a long day at work. I probably had four cups of coffee with half and half and splendor. The only other drinks I had were one diet coke and some flavored water (no carbs). I drink plain water at the gym and at lunch. I think I get enough water in.
Today, so far, I've had the same porkchops and salad. No cheese stick yet. Less coffee, but still two cups.
I know I need to count the carbs in the half and half and the cheese, but I still think I stay pretty low. I just don't see myself giving up coffee while I have a such a crazy schedule. I drive my daughter in for early morning cross country practice once or twice a week and then stay in town until at least five, but once or twice a week, I end up working late too. Naturally, the early days and the late days end up being the same days.
Thanks for any advice you've got for me!

Hi Lynnar,

Thanks for posting what you've been eating & drinking:) I see one major problem here....you seem to be concentrating mainly on meat (protein). I see you are eating salad....but....where are your veggies:?: It seems like you are trying to do Induction by keeping your carbs low....but....the rules of Induction state 12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day should be coming from veggies & salad.

http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkins-phases/phase-one/the-rules-of-induction/
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkins-phases/phase-one/acceptable-foods/

I don't see much fat in your eating either. Fat is what makes Atkins work. Butter, olive oil, meats with a little fat, mayo,eggs. I know its not what we've been conditioned to believe but...fat does NOT make you fat!

Is there any particular reason you're using half & half and not using heavy cream? The coffee is OK....I'd be more mindful of the diet Coke & the flavored water. While some may find it boring....regular water is best.

I hope this helps.

All the best to you!!!

Kim

lynnar
10-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks Kim, I don't really have a good reason for half and half instead of heavy cream. I think it's just all those years of weight watchers and counting calories. It was hard to switch from Fat Free Coffeemate to Half and half (although it sure tastes better.)
I do keep it to one diet coke a day and I beleive the flavored water is pretty harmless. I do drink at least half of my water as just plain water. I'll think about fat. I just need to find a way to work more in. It would be easier if I took the time to cook more then just weekends.

As for the veggies: I don't have my Atkins book handy to site the chapter, but I'm going on the idea that I'm metabolically resistant (Sorry about the spelling). The section advises you to cut back all veggies until you enter Ketosis and then slowly add them back in. I did that last spring and it was very unpleasant. My body needs that fiber! And it's also difficult to ever eat out-at least it's difficult if your mate is more concerned with money then health and gets offended if you throw away a baked potato. The one salad is a good option when you know you're going to eat dinner out.
I haven't been using the testing strips because I had so much trouble getting a positive reading the last time, but I think I have been in ketosis on occasion this time. But it doesn't seem to last.

Aud, I do feel pretty good. I guess that's why I'm not quitting. But I'm afraid I'm not losing inches. I really really thought that I could wear my work clothes comfortably again if I did Atkins for a couple of weeks. these are the clothes I wore last spring before a summer of -- well, a pretty fun summer. But so far, the ones I can get buttoned at all are pretty painful. And I'm pretty sure they don't look very good. I don't want to buy new clothes at an even larger size! Come on whoosh! I need some whoosh badly!!!
So this is an early day for me which means I have to bring my left over pork chops to work and eat them at my desk. I've already been to the gym and saw the sunrise when I went to pick up the cross country girls. It's almost pretty enough to be worth getting up for. almost!

beach bum
10-18-2007, 11:04 AM

The crafts that I doing while watching tv are working. Didn't have anything to eat except a plain old apple.

This after noon I going to my friends house to play canasta. We had to prespone it,because I had a bad sore throat at the time.

Have to go,will post after the card game. I just wanted you to know I'm not MIA, from this board,just playing cards.

Have a great morning

JerseyGyrl
10-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks Kim, I don't really have a good reason for half and half instead of heavy cream. I think it's just all those years of weight watchers and counting calories. It was hard to switch from Fat Free Coffeemate to Half and half (although it sure tastes better.)
I do keep it to one diet coke a day and I beleive the flavored water is pretty harmless. I do drink at least half of my water as just plain water. I'll think about fat. I just need to find a way to work more in. It would be easier if I took the time to cook more then just weekends.

You're welcome Lynnar. The reason I asked about the heavy cream was because this is what Atkins recommends. I know we have all been conditioned to believe fat is bad for us but...the average person has not read Dr. Atkins book & does not have the first clue how the plan works. You must eat fat to burn fat since you aren't burning "traditional" carbs. I realize I am a bit more strict on Atkins than most...I don't drink the diet soda's or the flavored water's they have out there. I've read enough on Aspartame to scare me for a lifetime...and I limit Splenda as well since I'm not entirely sure of the safeness. You must read labels, those water's & drink mixes (Crystal Light etc.) often contain things that can stall weight loss. When I first began Atkins, the toughest thing for me was getting used to drinking water. I now drink a gallon of water a day!

As for the veggies: I don't have my Atkins book handy to site the chapter, but I'm going on the idea that I'm metabolically resistant (Sorry about the spelling). The section advises you to cut back all veggies until you enter Ketosis and then slowly add them back in. I did that last spring and it was very unpleasant. My body needs that fiber! And it's also difficult to ever eat out-at least it's difficult if your mate is more concerned with money then health and gets offended if you throw away a baked potato. The one salad is a good option when you know you're going to eat dinner out.
I haven't been using the testing strips because I had so much trouble getting a positive reading the last time, but I think I have been in ketosis on occasion this time. But it doesn't seem to last.

Personally, I believe we all need veggies. When I first began Atkins, I wasn't eating enough and I am so thankful someone pointed it out to me! I definitely agree, you 100% absolutely do need the fiber from veggies!!! As far as eating out goes, I've been to many restaurants where they will gladly substitute a bowl of steamed broccoli or a small salad for a baked potato. I'm sure if you ask, they will be more than happy to accomodate you.

As for the testing strips...I've heard they aren't very reliable. There are a lot of things that affect the readings...how much water you drink, how much fat you injest etc. Ketosis can be measured several other ways...the way your clothes are fitting....a metallic taste in your mouth....a loss of appetite....listen to you body, it knows best:)

RobinW
10-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Good Morning :coffee:

BB~ great going on keeping your hands busy in the evening!! I have a cup of hot herbal tea every night at 8pm.

Still going good, didnt get any exercise in yesterday. It was a busy busy day, then dragged hubby out and about last night trying to find one of those tag attachers for clothing. By the time we got home, and settled, it was too late. Walking that late would have had me awake for too many extra hours.

Food intake is good, havent been to a meeting this week, but Im ok with that. I'll make sure I go on sunday....its the group I like best anyway.

Have a great day ladies!

lilybelle
10-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Aud, thanks for welcoming me back. I had a good day yesterday. Had only 17 carbs. Managed to do my treamill walk twice in one day. Drank all my water and was happy with my scale this morning. I'm down 2 of those 6 lbs. I'm sure I did have some extra water weight on me cause I sure felt bloated. For now I'm not going to change my ticker. I think with increasing my exercise, drinking my water and eating low carb, that these other 4 lbs. will swoosh off quickly. I'm gonna weigh everyday from now on instead of just weekly. Officially I'm now 4 lbs. above goal after 15 months of maintenance.

I'm so happy that I can finally exercise again. There for 3 weeks, I was on one antibiotic after another and any exercise at all would send me into a coughing fit. BTW, I hate water, but I'm forcing myself to drink it cause it always helps me drop the lbs. Plus, it helps make me feel full.

Our weather here is really nice, in the 70's. I'm heading to Walmart today to get Molly a new collar and leash so she can take long walks with me. I just feel safer having a really big dog along with me.

FitinTime
10-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Hi Lilybelle,

good job on losing the 2 lbs! Sounds like the other 4 will come off in no time!
KUTGW!!!

I've talked to so many Ladies from OK, where abouts are you from? Anywhere near Hunter or Enid?

aud
10-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Good job on the Mmmmm . . . CHOCOLATE, robin!:carrot: I started doing that too where I work - I represent 230 folks and each area usually has some kind of party/dinner/treats going on.:mcd::chockiss::jeno::hb: . . . Most have met my daughters or at least seen pics of - so this time around I usually will say I'll take some home for the girls . . . I've also taken plates of forced on me birthday cake and thrown away later - which kills me to do - but there its is! Eating at each Party really helped balloon me up to my all time high of 248# - so gotta remember that when I feel "wasteful," ya know? What meetings are you going to?:?:

The guys at work that I've turned onto Atkins all eat barb-q and drink gallons of beer with much weight loss success lilyb!:mad: Mich Ultra is the lowest I believe . . . followed by Miller Lite and then my Beloved Bud Light.

VEGGIES lynnar!!!!:broc: Now WHY didn't I think of that! Good Eye jerseyG!!!:mag: LOVE me some BUTTERED - REAL BUTTERED cruciferous veggies with my pork chops etc!!! I also take some fiber supps while on this perpetual Induction phase . . . Great Links to Veggie Ideas . . . in my daily life I usually keep it pretty simple with favorites of Cauli-Mash . . . Buttered Cauli . . . Cheezy Broccoli . . . & Buttered Broccoli as my staples and oh-so-good!:carrot: I've also noticed an inches-change since giving up Diet Coke/carbonation . . . love me some Iced Tea that is cut 1/2 with Green Tea - drink by the gallon plus water water water . . . believe it or not the body adjusts!:p Scambled eggs & omelettes in real butter with a salad have become a staple for me this week and oh so good! I add tomato slice - cuke slice - whatever is in the crisper slice to this combo.

Have really missed Blue Bunny Carb Control Yogurts - not available in this area anymore.:( I've switched to Dannon Lite Sugar Control that has like 4 total carbs - on busy days I slug one down with some fiber supps - filling & tasty. DH made me some LC Bread the other day - and didn't have sour cream - used a Vanilla Dannon - WOW was that good - tasted like little cupcakes!!! I put a bit of creamcheese on 'em and just enjoyed so!

Seem to be babbling - better get on outta here . . . but just want to say that I've never played canasta, beachie -but LOVE the sound of "playing canasta with friends" - gosh I can't wait til I retire!!! What crafts didja start?

Hiya fittie!!!:hug: Are ya still rocking thru ROCKtober???:carrot:

CYA All in the Weeeee Hours . . . Keep it LC . . . Keep it HYDRATED and Keep it MOVING gals!:rollpin:

RobinW
10-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Overeaters annon meetings. They have been really helpful. Im in that place, where I know I am an addict, and I know I cannot eat the things I did and continue on the way I was. Its been a rough few weeks, but Ive settled in my mind that this is truly what I need.

lynnar
10-18-2007, 04:55 PM
I do the busy hands thing too. I've been working on the same scarf for two years now! I don't why it's taking so long. It's supposed to be for my 20 year old son, but I'm sure he's forgotten all about it. Then I bought a counted cross stitch because it was all dogs and I thought I'd make it for my husband, but my eye sight may not be up to it. Getting old is no fun at all!
I do like veggies and miss them, but I think I'll try to hang on to what I'm doing--but maybe add some fats. Last spring when I was doing Atkins I was using coconut oil every day. I didn't see all the great benefits that I heard about, but maybe I should give it another try. I used to put it in my coffee which sounds very strange, but actually tasted pretty good and then I got some every day. I may have to go buy some more.

aud
10-18-2007, 05:08 PM
ummmmmmm WTH is Miss MissyFluffs??:devil: Get in here Girl!:D

So you tried doing regular Atkins - which included buttery goodness cruciferous veggies and didn't lose so you moved on to a Atkins resistant type diet that exludes them, lynnar?:?: Haven't read that chapter in years 'cause not resistant to Atkins unless I stray, ya know?

Sometimes I like just straight olive oil on quartered lettuce with salt 'n peppa - simple is good for me too.

Have always been intrigued by OA - just KNOW I would fit in there from reading - but have not looked into, robin. Good on ya for taking the steps!:hug:

Really must fly this time - later on gals!:cool:

FitinTime
10-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi Aud, Kim, lynnar, Robin, LB, BB! Wow, I feel like I'm on the Waltons or something! LOL

I'm doing good, still at 205, that is until I ate 2 pieces of chocolate candy! My nephew brought the things we ordered from his school fund raiser. Gotta love those fund raisers!!! LOL

I bought 4 boxes of chocolate from him in September! Don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, I'm not craving any sweets, surprisingly?! That's a good thing!

How is everybody else doing? I'm catching up on the post. Busy time now for me with month end, have to take accountant tax info and such. Uggh! Will it ever end!!!!

Still Rocking Out in ROCKtober, you know it!!! Owwwww!!!!

I will make my goal, I will make my goal!! To be 199 by Halloweeniee!!!!

Talk to you all later :)

beach bum
10-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi Ladies :) Back from my canasta game. Other than playing the game we chatted and laughed and have such a good time when we get together.

Lily-Welcome back I missed you.You'll get those 6 lbs off again,you lost 2 already.I know maintaining is harder than losing for some,but I'm maintaining and not losing. I still on the SB but leaning to low carbs. I have my rev rolls when I feel like having a sandwich.Don't know,if you knew that I switched my main meal at noon and having supper at 6PM. My DH has lost 5 lbs that way but I stalled at 164,due to all antibiotics I was now the whole month of Aug & Sept. I'm not giving up and I'm glad you back to inspire me.

Aud-The crafts that I'm started with are little penguins cross stitching square for my grandchildren to hang on the Christmas tree.After that I will work on a scarf & hat set.

Robin-Sorry for your rough week sending some [[[[good vibes]]]] your way.

Fit-Thats doable that you'll say goodbye to the 200 and hello to the 190's by Halloween.Sending :dust:

Have to supper is ready

Azure
10-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Time for a check-in! I want to announce that this is Day 3 of eating like a champ. I ALMOST had a breakdown today, but I stopped myself. I brought my car into the shop yesterday for an oil change and to get an alignment (my car's been making a strange noise since I got new tires put on a month ago, so I thought it might be an alignment issue). When I get there to pick it up, there some "bad news". I owe them $100 for the oil change/alignment--okay, I was expecting that. But my noise isn't gone. In fact, it's being caused by a busted hub bearing and I need to replace it. So, I order the part, drive back to school and bring my car back in today for the repair. It's going to cost me $180...they call 30 minutes after I drop it off to say they've got some bad news...

My bearing/knuckle/etc are all stuck together. They tried everything to get it off, heating, using corosive stuff, a 20-ton press and no dice. They even bent something trying to get it off (joy). So, I can't drive it out of there. They have to get ahold of a new knuckle thing so they can yank off the knuckle/bearing that's there and replace all of it. They're hoping they don't destroy the drive shaft in the process (God knows I don't want to replace THAT)...

I was stressed about spending $280 in two days on my car. Now I don't have a car, won't have it for the weekend, and I have no idea what a knuckle's going to cost me in addition to the parts/labor I'm already spending. I'm HOPING they didn't hurt my drive shaft trying to get that thing off, because if they did, that's going to be even MORE money...it's turning into a nightmare. I'm a college student, I can't afford this stuff...my parents are working-class living check-to-check themselves and they can't afford to help me, either.

I'm super stressed out and when I got back to my apartment (a nice boy at Sears garage gave me a ride), I was feeling really REALLY upset. I felt a binge urge going on. I considered walking to Target for something sweet, I considered buying it at the cafe near my building, I considered ordering Pizza Hut. Instead, I grabbed a Diet Coke, lay down on my bed and cried for a little bit. When I had my soda and calmed down, I had some On-Plan food for dinner...and I found I didn't even want that junk anymore.

Isn't it interesting how our emotional habits dictate things like that?

Anyway, I'm going to go take a shower, hang out with some friends and wallow in my misery. Have a good night, ladies.

lilybelle
10-19-2007, 01:17 AM
Aud, thanks for the beer info. , DH already thinks he's on a diet cause he switched to BUD Light, LOL. He makes me sick anyway cause he has the rock hard body of a teenager still and he's 43.

BB, it's good to see ya again too. I think my long weeks of antibiotics wreaked havoc on my weight too. I was ravenously hungry, sick and couldn't exercise. Glad you are feeling better now too.

BB, I wish I could make those revolution rolls. I tried them once and mine were so flat, I put SF syrup on them and ate them like pancakes. I'm great at cooking meals, but I suck at baking.

I had another totally on plan day today. A total of 17 carbs again. Lacy and I ate dinner out at Garfields and although her plate of mexican food looked really yummy, I behaved and ate a spinach/ grilled chicken salad. My salad was very good but it didn't keep me full for long. Tonite I ate some celery and LF cheese.

I think my cal's are coming in a little too low with my LC eating. I had only 895 cal's yesterday and 927 today. The reason is that most of the food in my house was already lowfat and I didn't want to chunk it, so I'm using it. But, I did buy me some bacon and sausage today so my cal's will go up some tomorrow.

I haven't exercised yet today except the 4 hours shopping at the mall and then 2 hrs. of standing at the football game (the stadium was too packed to get a seat). I still need to walk on my beloved treadmill.

FitinTime, I live near a small town called Poteau OK, or just outside of Ft. Smith Arkansas. It's a long way from Enid,and I've never heard of Hunter OK. (LOL, I didn't think there was a town in OK that I hadn't heard of).

Azure, sorry about your car problems. You did a great job though of not drowning your sorrows in junk food. (which I sometimes have a problem with). Occasionally when I have a stressful day I convince myself that I Deserve to eat crappy.

I went a little wild with shopping today. Bought me 3 new shirts , 3 Old Navy Hoodies and 4 more pairs of silky undies. LOL, I started to buy DH a new coat, but figured he could wait.

salsa sarah
10-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Hi Im still fairly new here I'm hoping to find a sort of low carb buddy that i can check in with once in a wiel through e-mail or somthing anyway Ive seen so many storys onhere it makes me feel good to know people here have been at the point i am and made it through and there goel

beach bum
10-19-2007, 11:04 AM

Today,my senior singing group is going to preform at a local nursing home,so I have to start my dinner earlier than usual.

Stepped on the scale,just to sneak pick of what it was saying and I found I'm down .5, not much but it great for me as I stalled at 164 for 3 weeks. See what the scale says to me tomorrow at my official W-I.

Finding that my new way of eating is working,not so much weight wise but I don't have that full feeling when going to bed and I don't have the heart burn like I used to, so thats a great thing.

Azure-Glad :)that you're controlling your eat and Sad:( about your car problems. Yikes!! I know when you have car problems it could be every expensive.Hope that it won't be that expensive,that you can't afford it.Please by all means don't stress and get back into that eating frenzy that happened a few weeks ago. You're in the ZONE and you want to stay there. Sending your some good :goodvibes:vibes and some :dust: that you stay in control. You're amazing how you calmed yourself down,wish I had your control the scale would certainly move down. Bigs Congrats :congrat: for that.

LILY-The rev rolls are flat at least mine are.What I do is dropped 2 1 tb of mixture right next to each other and make them rectangular shape. The mixture than makes 8 rolls,and I put minced onion & salt on top,and when I feel like having bread I take one roll out of the freezer and I put what ever I want on it and cut them in 1/2 to made a sandwich .the original recipe is .7 carbs for a roll so mine than become 1.4 and if I two rolls is 2.8. SO SIMPLE. try them again. Not:no: doing a pure Atkins anymore, I'm more or less on the counting calories.I'm trying to stay between 1200-1400 calories per day. My carb are running:running: about 130-176 for this week according to fit day. Don't know if I should lower them to under 100.We'll see at tomorrow's W-I.

Salsa Sarah-We can all be your buddies :hug:if your post on this thread. That the only thread I come to day by day.,and if I'm not here to cheer:cheer: you on some one else will do it.

Have to go,will post when I get back from the nursing home.

FitinTime
10-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi Everybody!

Azure, I'm so sorry about your car situation! I'm hoping you run into a big blessing and will be able to take care of your car. :angel:
But good for you for not giving in to your emotions and want to binge!!:carrot: That took alot of strength, way to go!:carrot::carrot:
Hang tight, it will all work out for you!! :cb:

Hey BB, all right on the lb lost. It all adds up, don't forget that!! :woohoo::woohoo: That is awesome your involved in a singing group and how wonderful that you're going to be entertaining a nursing home! God Bless you and your group for that!!

Hi Lilybell, I'm the same way about AZ. I don't know all the cities here too and it's especially sad when my husband who isn't a native, has heard of a city here that I have never heard of! :rolleyes: Good Job eating on Plan too!!!

SalsaSarah, Hi there! You can post to us here like BB said, we're all here to help and support you and each other. If you want to PM anybody, I'm sure we're all be happy to talk to you anytime. Just know that we all lay it on the line here. We're not ashamed or embarrassed by anything anymore, LOL!
We have NO shame here!! LOL :dizzy:
So just speak what's on your mind and we'll be here for ya Hon!!

Hi Aud, how's everything going today, must be busy this morning! Hope you're having a great day so far!!

Hi Lynnar, Robin, Hope you both are doing good. Hang in there Ladies, you're gonna start losing weight before you know it!!! :cheer:

Hi Missy, Ilovemike, where are you two! Come and check in with us, missing you 2! Hope you 2 have a great day too! Sending you both :dust:

Bouncing, I hope your doing okay?! Check in if you have time! :yes:

Hi Kim, need your daily check in and advice!!! ;)

Have a Great Day all, or please try too!!! :hug:

lilybelle
10-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi everyone,

This morning I weighed myself again. I am down another 3 lbs. Which makes no sense at all. Granted, I'm not complaining. But, how on earth can I be up 6 lbs. on Wed. morning and down 5 of those by Friday morning ? I ate horrible last week and had resigned myself to thinking it wasn't water weight. Could I possible have only gained a lb. or 2 of fat and the rest was water? Does this ever happen to anyone else. A huge quick gain and then a huge quick loss? I have had this happen several times before. I've even wondered if it has to do with my medications and my health problems. TMI, I know, but I had been terribly constipated last week and that is now resolved. Maybe I was literally "just full of it". Anyway, I was so surprised to see 146 lbs. again on the scale this morning, that I weighed 3 times to make sure it was my actual weight.

My only problem with all this, is since I've done this so many times, it's easy to let myself go hog-wild for a week. It's like I tell myself "so what if I gain 5 lbs, I can take it back off the very next week". Believe me, this is dangerous thinking.There will come a time when one week stretches to 3 or more and I don't get it back off. This scares the crap out of me. If I had to really work my butt off for 3 months to get 5 lbs. back off, I think I'd be a lot more darn careful.

aud
10-19-2007, 02:57 PM
aww, az, that sooo sux!:hug: ummm - am I the only one that thinks that if Sears bent the drive shaft that Sears should replace?:?: Hoping that doesn't have to come up tho' and HURRAH for not eating the WORLD with an unexpected crisis!:carrot: Came really close myself - undescribably BAD nite at work - so much stress in so many levels/areas - almost did a late nite ice cream run!:( Watered up instead and feeling strong for my efforts. POWERFUL urge resisted - it's amazing how powerful that bad habit urge is - isn't it?

THAT's who's missing fittie - ilovemike!!!:devil: And here I thought I wouldn't forget that name due to it being DH's!!:dizzy: Where are ya GF????:?:My Halloweenie Goal was 199 too and altho' I've come off my cheat induced stall . . . don't think it's happening this time around - more like a Thanksgiving goal. I sneaked a peak at the scale and I'm still going down but am paying for my mistakes of earlier in the month - which is a good lesson eh lilyb? If it was that ez . . . I can see me rationalizing my binges until I weighed in around 350# or something. Hang in there finding your balance.

What songs will you be singing at the nursing home beachie? Medleys? Envy you and lynnar for being "crafty!":p I've tried and tried over the years to have a hobby like sewing . . . just don't have that knack, ya know? I remember a craft that my Grandma did for years (I still have some in my closet) - she would weave yarn around wire coat hangers - decorative and functional - protecting nice clothes from the wire and look so cute in the closet. As an adult - I've never seen these anywhere and wouldn't begin to know how to do it . . . have always thought that MIGHT be a craft I could do.:o

Jump on in here salsa sarah & tell us about yourself :carrot: - prolly looks hard to fit in here but really it's not, I promise!:hug: Where you at on your journey? I'm on kind of PERMA-INDUCTION :dizzy: - until I get the bulk of this weight off - I have a 21 yr old (who recently moved out - did I tell ya?) . . . a a Birthday Girl who is 10 today!

Speaking of which - better get my butt off of here and get ready - having the party tomorrow - lots to do . . . ttya in the Wee Hours after the 2nd shift . . .

beach bum
10-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Aud-We sang all sort of songs
Getting to Know You,No Business Like Show Business,Autumn Leaves,Button Up Your Overcoat,and we finished up with America the Beautiful ,and God Bless America.Then we had a medley if songs for the people to sing along with us.

I done this for 10 years and I love seeing the peoples happy faces.

At the nursing home a funny thing happened to me when parking my car in the lot. I was swarmed with yellow jackets when I came out of my car. There was a crap apple tree in front of the parking space and lots of them on the floor filled with these yellow jackets. I screamed for my friends to recuse me,and one girl opened my car and I got in and moved my car to another place away from the trees. When I came out,to go home the bees in the car were gone.

Lily-BIG BIG CONGRATS on your 5 lb weight loss. You did fantastic. I wish my scale was nice to me,but it isn't. I have 20 pounds to lose of 2 cruises weight gain.Not coming off at all.I'll be lucky to have .5 for tomorrows W-I.

Hugs :)

BB

lilybelle
10-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Ladies, I got so aggravated with my SD, Shelbey, a while ago. She had a friend spend the night and they begged me to take them to IHOP. I refused cause we have a houseful of food already here and IHOP is an hr. away. So, she picked up the phone and ordered food for her and her friend. She ordered a large pizza, a calzone, an order of cheese breadsticks and an order of cinnamon breadsticks and 2 large chocolate chip cookies. OMG< I had to bite my tongue and leave the room while they pigged out on all that junk. Yes, I've overdone it at times, I've even had pizza , but never, ever, ever in my life that much junk in one meal. They even washed it all down with a 2Liter bottle of Dr. Pepper. She paid for all this herself, but the money wasn't the point. Shelbey has been whining and moaning about gaining weight. (Ya,think). She is only 15 and loves to buy expensive clothes. If this continues , I wonder how she's gonna feel having to shop at Lane Bryant soon. I am thankful that at least Lacy had the sense to eat what I cooked and not partake in their hog trough.

My son came by for lunch and he ate my cooked food. He's not too awfully tactful with the girls, so he told Shelbey "I see you ordered the could my *** possible get any bigger meal". LOL.

FitinTime
10-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Or she could shop at Torrid, they have cooler clothes there! LOL

lilybelle
10-19-2007, 10:58 PM
FitinTime, I mean really what is she gonna do next yr. when she can't shop at A&F, AE, Aeropostale anymore. She wears sizes 12-14 now. I think these are as big of sizes as these "popular" store go to.

beach bum
10-20-2007, 10:35 AM

Had a bad rain/wind storm last night,but there no flooding or damage so I guess we can consider ourselves lucky.

W-I this morning and it was the same as yesterday so, I changed my ticker.I only:broc: lost .5 :broc:but the tickers only goes down 1 lb,but I was stalling for over a month I had to change it for my own :crazy: sanity.

LILY-The old saying "you are what you eat."
Don't:no: get me wrong I'm not a diet puritist myself,but I alway allow myself a cheat day,not with junk foods but extra helpings of healthy foods.Sorry:sorry: to hear that a fifteen year old eats so unhealthy when you setting a great example with the right foods. If she doesn't watch, she will be heading for Lane Bryant. Good Luck:goodluck: in trying to persuade her to do the right thing.

Have a great morning will be back to post this afternoon

Azure
10-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Lily, I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your Step Daughter. Being 15, she's probably still in a rebellious phase. How best to be rebellious against a parent who has struggled with her weight and encourages healthy living? Eat junk, of course! I always feel badly for girls her age who are overweight, only because I was that girl for so long--all through most of elementary school, middle school and high school. I dearly wish to this day that I had taken control over that so much earlier. I'm only 22, so I'm getting control of it now, but I wish I hadn't had to go through being the fat girl in high school. I've shopped at Layne Bryant (before stores like Torrid existed)...I remember how mortified I was when I went there with my mom. I have an urge to reach out to those girls...to ask them to stop sabotaging themselves. I know it's hard, Lily...very hard. Unfortunately, if she's doing this to rebel, the more you protest, the more likely it is that she'll keep pushing the issue. At least, that's how it worked with my younger sister during her rebellious days (except in my sister's case, it was drugs and alcohol...). :hug:

aud
10-20-2007, 03:04 PM
:soap: So many parents at work bring in those brochures/sales for their kids - I order stuff here & there and then totally forget til it comes in - been surprised by lots of chocolates myself fittie!:dizzy: Actually HATE how they guilt kids into being lil salespeople - I pay enuf taxes to fund 10 public schools not to mention buying all the "classroom supplies" each year.:mad:

Rant over.

Now I try to buy just the cute lil candles/calendars/magazines whatever isn't EDIBLE! LOL!:D

LOVE the "old-time" songs beachie and bet they do bring on the SMILES!:D Just last night I had a Boss spying/harrassing on a group of workers . . . I got some of them to start singing with me -"Someone To Watch Over Me" . . . many of the younger set had no idea WTH we were singing but played along gamely!;) It was a riot - and so much more rewarding to see his face than if I had been confrontational, ya know?:dizzy::D That was one of my Mom & Dad's faves along with "I'll Be Seeing You." Both make me tear up at times. But in a good way, ya know?

Steph sounds well on her way to being a binge eater lily.:( I HAVE ordered that much food - could be she IS rebelling trying to tick you off . . . could be that she's high with the munchies or could be that she's dealing with all the emotional/hormonal angst of being that age with food binges/comfort eating. Or a combination. All are self destructive and I am going to put both you & ds on my prayer list.

Gosh, I bet it is easier to be a teen BOY or a step DAD instead of a teenage GIRL or a step MOM!:mad:

I am in FULL ZONE MODE LC Cyber Pals . . . WHOOOOOOOOOOSH is in full swing . . . I am a ketogenic - thermodynamic - fantastic fat burning MACHINE! From a bloated up 220 and 1/2 Monday - to 213 last nite on the scale!!!!!:carrot:

Gotta love Atkins!

I've ate the most delicious food in the right intervals . . . stayed soooo hydrated on crisp cool water and walked walked walked every chance I got - VOILA!:carrot:

okokok . . . NOW just have to KEEP IT GOING thru the company is coming - slumber party stress!:p

I know I can do it . . . and you can to!:cool:

TTYAL!:hug:

RobinW
10-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Im having issues with my lack of carb intake :(

Yesterday was a really bad day. Not as much for craving, but feeling really down, dragged out, and weirdly jittery. So I went home, and ate alot of carby stuff. Ok, so today Im better. Its not the first time this has happened.

So I am going to try, oatmeal for breakfast every morning with my protein shake, for the next week and see how that works. Its scary, because I dont want the craving issues, but I dont want the crappy feelings either.

Any thoughts?

FitinTime
10-20-2007, 07:49 PM
FitinTime, I mean really what is she gonna do next yr. when she can't shop at A&F, AE, Aeropostale anymore. She wears sizes 12-14 now. I think these are as big of sizes as these "popular" store go to.

I know, I was just kidding! :hug:

She needs to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control and then she'll have to do something about it. And it's so much easier to lose when you're younger too! I wish I would have done that!!

FitinTime
10-20-2007, 07:53 PM
WhooHoo Aud!!! Way to go!!!!! Wow, what a whoosh!!!
Good for you, keep it up, your going to be 210 really soon!!!
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

lilybelle
10-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Aud, WTG on the fantastic wt. loss. I thought I was doing great getting down 5 of my 6 lb. loss, but this morning I was up a lb. I know it has to be just a normal fluctuation since my carbs have been 18 or less and cal's less than 1300 and I've execised my butt off every day. I'm gonna keep on weighing myself everyday (which is what most of the maintainers do) and then just keep my official weigh-in day as every Wednesday. Maybe eventually I'll get used to seeing these normal fluctuations and not panic over every single lb. I weigh 147 lbs. this morning, so I'm still 2 lbs. above goal but I can't complain cause it's a far cry better than the 234 lbs. that I used to weigh. For me, weight will always be my battle.

Ladies, I think you all called it right on Shelbey's bingeing and rebellion. Just last week she was in big trouble for using Mini-thins and drinking Red Bull and bouncing off the dang walls. She's tryin to give me a payback for telling DH about it. BTW, after her big binge at lunch yesterday, she told me she ate 2 whole pints of ice cream at work last night.

I have spent my day today cutting up a deer. Oh, what fun, Not. It did make me think "now, I found a reason I wish DH was home from work this week". LOL, it's pretty peaceful with him working out of state 7 days on, 7 days off. Plus, the money is super good, so come Tuesdays, I pack his happy butt up and send him back to work. BTW< Shelbey's BF got the deer and quartered it up and gave it all to me. I did all the cleaning, cutting and bagging it. (I used DH's electric fillet knife, a first for me). Now, I'm gonna need to find some LowCarb recipes to use for venison cause I got a lot of it. Plus, next month is rifle season and DH and I both deer hunt.

FitinTime, I've never heard of Torrid's, all we have here in the backwoods is Lane Bryant or Catherine's.

beach bum
10-21-2007, 09:53 AM

Nothing new,just want to congratsAUD:carrot: on your big whoooooosh on the scale.
You're doing fantastic.

I'm working on another low cal diet to push my weight down,Maybe I should do pure Atkins again and not make up my own laws.

Have to go,get ready for church, will post later.

lilybelle
10-21-2007, 11:29 AM
BB, I know how you feel about making up your own laws. I was having trouble trying and making my own laws. Now, I'm back to strict Atkins. I would eat my breakfast of bacon and eggs, then at lunch think well a sandwich isn't many calories,so I'll just have that. Then by dinner time, I'd realize I've had too many carbs for my day to be LowCarb, and likewise too many cal's due to the bacon and eggs to be lowcalorie. It's just very confusing when trying to do more than one plan. I know that Atkins works for me to lose weight, so I'm gonna stick to it and just live a lowcarb lifestyle.

Today, I will be gone to my MIL's birthday. I'm seriously gonna try to stick on plan (although her house provides a lot of food challenges). If I can pass on the cake, I'll be OK.

Today is day 5 of being back on Atkins and my carb cravings are gone.

FitinTime
10-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Hi Ladies!
How was everybodies weekend going?

Hi LB, my dad and bil just came back from turkey hunting, they didn't shoot a thing. Then in about 2 weeks they'll be going deer hunting too. Sounds like fun to me! My dad is the cook of the camp and boy he makes sure everybody eats good! He's also lc-ing but he'll drink he's whiskey and water along with some beer when he's out.

LOL, packing your husband butt! That's funny!
I love deer meat too! Especially when its grounded. My dad made beef jerky one time he shot a deer and boy was that good. Maybe you could try that?

Hi BB, hope you find the "thing" that works for you. I know what it's like. The last 5 lbs I lost just keep going back and forth from 4 to 5, so who knows what goes on with our bodies! It makes no sense when we do what we're supposed to and no loss!
Hang in there you two, we just need to be a little patient with our bodies! :)

You can check out Torrid online, but I wouldn't because they have really cool clothes and may give your daughter ideas. But I'm don't know for sure.:?:

Have a great evening!!!

Azure
10-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Wooot! Good evening, ladies! Thanks to my boyfriend visiting, my sleep schedule's officially thrown completely off. So, I'll be up all night. He works a 5PM-6AM shift 3 days/week at work, so when he comes up here to see me, right off a work schedule, sometimes he can't re-set himself and I end up staying up all night and sleeping all day. I was up until 8AM this morning (we went out for breakfast at 6), then slept until 7 PM!

Oh well...fortunately, I don't have a hugely busy day tomorrow. I'm going to attempt to stay up all night/day tomorrow and hit the hay early tomorrow night (around 8). We'll see how it works. All I have planned is a class and going to the gym to lift! I'm excited to get back to the gym, my hip's finally feeling better so I can get ON it! My gym buddy for lifting, Rob, is doing research in Virginia for the next 10 days, so I'm on my own for lifting...but I'm comfortable enough with the "guy's side" of the gym and the equipment, so I can do it on my own!

Today is Day 5 of being on plan! I'm excited to make it to Tuesday for Day 7! I'm also really excited that I'm starting to think of this a lot more as a way of life--forever. I'm turning my body into a fat-burning machine. Carbs are obsolete when your body can burn fat! Vegetables and eventually lower sugar fruit and nuts are all the carbs I'll ever need...and y'know what? I'm OKAY with that! WOOT!

Anyway...I think this is becoming long, so I'll cut myself off here. I'm in my ZONE, but I need to drink more WATER! Water, water, water! I washed all my water bottles tonight, so I'll get on filling them. When I've got filled bottles available, it's SO much easier just to guzzle it down!

:hug: Hope your weekend was good too, ladies!

lilybelle
10-22-2007, 02:22 AM
I made it through MIL's B-day with willpower of steel . I ate cheese, ham and turkey, celery , cucumbers and ranch dip. I didn't touch the chips, crackers, bread or even a single bite of cake. I ignored everyone else while they raved on how good the cake and ice cream was. For just a second, I felt a little deprived but I kept in mind how badly I want to be back at my goal and that helped keep me in line.

OMG< on the way home tonite, I hit a deer in my new car. It ran out in front of me and I totally locked up my brakes trying to not hit it, but I couldn't stop in time. I called 911 and they said I didn't need a police report, "just call your insurance company in the morning". Once my tires and brakes quit smoking , I contined on home and made it safely. I was so scared and just so thankful it didn't come through the windshield cause I was going 65 miles per hour and it hit the front hood dead center. Now my grille is busted and my hood is all jacked up. Thank God me and the kids were all wearing our seatbelts and no one is hurt. (well, my back is a little sore, but I'm sure it will be OK). This is the first time in my life, I have hit a deer. DH has hit 3 or 4 of them and I always complained that he should drive slower and pay more attention. I see now how when one darts out from a pasture in front of you that it can't always be avoided.

FitinTime, We will be going deer hunting the week of Thanksgiving. LOL, but my son says I've already gotten mine for this year. Gotta love a smarta@@.

I have tried deer jerkey and it was good. I don't like deer burger, but I do like deer steak and deer stew.

Azure, I can sure identify with how difficult is to get back on a sleep schedule. I worked night shift 6PM-630AM for at least 10 yrs. I still stay up til3AM most nights even now that I haven't worked in 3 yrs. I can go lay down at 10PM, but can't fall asleep no matter how hard I try. Heck, most of the time I do my treadmill around 1AM.

FitinTime
10-22-2007, 01:40 PM
OMG, Lilybelle! How awful! I'm so glad that you and the kids didn't get seriously hurt, it could have been worse, but thank God it wasn't. I would have freaked out seeing a deer dart like that, it seems like you kept your cool. And your new car, darn it! That sux!! Well maybe you can get a new one, that would be cool!
Yeah you got your deer all right! Saved you a bullet or 2!
Way to pass on the yucky food! LOL It takes alot of will power and self control to pass that up especially in the induction phase. But you said you lost your cravings, that's good!!

Good for you Azure! Get yourself in gear and you're gonna see those lb drop again!
You're ARE going to make your goal!!

Take Care Ladies!!

beach bum
10-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Having a wonderful fall day and I took advantage by walking along the beach with my hand weights. The scale is going down again,must of been a high sodium dinner that effected my weight loss on Sat. Will have to watch those dinners.

LILY-Thanks,:thanks:I need to be more careful when planning my menus. Going to stay at the low end of the calorie count range. I'm now around 1200 instead of the middle range of 1400.and see what happens.Speaking of hitting animal's my DH & I were going down to the beach and a coyote ran right in front of us,but we were only going 30 MPH.Glad that you & your children weren't hurt everything can be repaired.

FIT-Thanks:thanks: for your support also. I'm going to keep to the counting calories along with staying on low carbs. Have to hind my balance even if its going to take a lifetime.

AZURE-You're so in control I really admire you,and know you'll be down to goal in no time. I'm different I need my carbs from time to time. Trying some new that why I switched to counting calories instead.

aud
10-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Come join us in this weeks LC Chat:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125053