LA Weight Loss - Oct 15 - 21 Friends and Losers Thread

Katy66
10-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Good Morning - I can't believe I'm postiing at almost 10am and no one has started this week's thread.

" It is reassuring to know that I can control how I feel and what I do on any given day. The way I choose to see the world, creates the world I see."
--- Joan Lunden

Dan2112
10-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Morning Katy.. It's only 8:00 am here, so it's still early by my calculations! :lol:

Just a drive by post right now, however.. I've got to go put on the Smokey Bear suit this morning and thrill some kiddos!

Have a POP day, all!

LizzyW
10-15-2007, 11:48 AM
GM everyone,

Well this weekend was really nice. We took the kids to the Balloon Fiesta Saturday morning and had a great time. Did pretty good eating breakfast, however, lunch is a different story. We went to a place called Weck's and had breakfast for lunch. Really over did the starches and did feel like sh*t after all that. I am not sure it has shown up yet because I am 168.8 this morning.

Yesterday was a day for me to spend in my pajamas until like 2pm. I did some cleaning and just figured I guess I had better get dressed now. But it sure felt good to just laze for a while.

Hope everyone has a great POP day and I will check in again later.

Liz

KSingleton
10-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Wow, it's 11:19 and only 3 posts. Am I missing something? I had a great weekend, but I had a horrible eating weekend. It was my anniversary & my DH's birthday. I didn't eat any cake, but I probably should have because I ate everything else in sight!! The scales haven't changed either good or bad, but we'll see if they have tomorrow. Goal for the week is staying POP!!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Mama Nicole
10-15-2007, 01:08 PM
No, Krista.....you aren't missing anything........it's just another manic monday :)

LIZA........I am sooo envious. I cannot knit. I have tried, and tried, and tried. I can crochet.......but no knittig for this girl. The bunting is beautiful :) You friend is very lucky.....that is a lot of time you have invested in that gift :) I am glad you are feeling better, and I am glad you are back :)

Joni.......I hope your travels are going well. I hear you about cleaing up the mess after doing any project. I hate that too. I am a terrible quilter, cuz I really need the instant gratification. And then I wonder why I have issues.......lol.

I think I am going to lowlight my hair today. I am really tired of it. I'll let you know how that goes. I am never happy when I make it darker......but I am one of those blondes that looks like a bleach blonde even when I am not. Especially in tbe fall after the sun has bleached my hair so much. The dark roots really arent' all that flattering. They are cute when you are 17.........not so much when you are 37.

Well, I have a small confession. I was POP all weekend until last night. DH and I made jumbeliah last night.......and I just had to try it. That wasn't so bad, but I chased it with a soft serve ice cream cone..........and some graham crackers.........and a few cheetos. I then finished the binge off this morning with 4 doughnuts. I have issues. But, I feel confindent I can finish the day out OP. That is what thin people do.........well, not that they binge like a psycho......but if they do indulge........they just move on and eat healthy. That is my plan.

Ok, have to go unbury my boys. DH and I went and got a yard of sand for their sand mound yesterday, and they are having the time of their life :)
XOXO

JLem311
10-15-2007, 01:21 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd check in. had a short day at work today so i think i'm gonna get a nice relaxing bath and a nap in. i really should workout since i only did once last week, but this tiredness and morning sickness are really starting to get the best of me. i haven't been throwing up yet, but more nauseated to the point where i don't want to do anything...except for eat a few kashi cracker and a diet coke...which seem to be helping, but it takes an hour or more to subside, then it's back again. ugh. i'm such a horrible pregnant person, i just dispise every part of the 9 months. i know that sounds bad, but i just really don't like it at all.
i haven't been giving into my cravings much yet..just a few things hear and there..but nothing major and it's not constantly. i just have been eating more starches than i should due to the icky tummy. other than that i've been doing ok.
had some amazing veggie sushi and ate 12 pieces..which is way more than i normally eat and the sad thing was i was still pretty hungry after i ate all of that! but i think that's going to be one of my cravings durning this pregnancy...can't be that bad for me since it's rice, veggies and nori paper.

by the way, thanks for all the great comments on my new hair. i really love it. and it's the first time ever that i have never cried after getting my hair cut! :) everyone loves it with the exception of a few people at work who were more attached to my hair than i was and i think they probably cried! ha! oh and my dad, but he's one of those men who thinks that all women should have long hair...that's probably why he completely lost it when i shaved my head when i was a freshman in high school. ha! :)

nicole--i have that manic monday song in my head now! thanks! better than a few other 80's songs i suppose!

have a holiday meeting in raleigh this week, i'm riding with a few other managers, hopefully i'll make it the whole trip without having to pull over to puke..i'd hate to make us late on account of me vomiting! oh well.

gonna go and rest now. be back later.

bradleys mom
10-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Jillian - me too with the manic monday song.... lol

Hope everyone has an awesome week. The scale is showing a loss at home, but I wont make that official until I WI on Wednseday. I dont trust my scale, I bought it at a yard sale and I have to set it at 10 lbs instead of 0 to be anywhere near my correct weight! lol

Nicole, how many times have you encouraged me after my binges, ummm lemme count. 4928347 times, now, you can get back on track, were here for ya, Go play in the sand with them kids and burn some cals!!! :)

Katy66
10-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Kimberly - Too funny about the scales. I have to set my about 4lbs higher to match what the COD says that I have, but then I'm always playing with it since you can step on it 10 times in a row and get 10 different weights. I think I need a set of battery operated scales:)

Jillian - Your hair looks great! I hope the morning sickness doesn't hit you during the drive..... I always found eating protein first thing when I got up really helped. I would have cheese and some crackers to settle my stomach before I did anything else.

Lizzy - the balloon fiesta sounds like lots of fun and pajama days are the best. My DD asks for them now:)

Nicole - Doughnuts are SO HARD TO RESIST! You are right, the trick is a quick recovery to better eating. Good luck with being POP today.

As for me, I did [I]okay[I] this weekend. A few extra liquid fruits that I should have avoided but all in all not too bad. I've banned the stuff from the house this week though so the temptation won't be there after a hard day. Did get some exercise in as well and plan on a workout this afternoon + I've been POP so far today.

Hello to everyone else out there I've missed.....Joni, Amy, AmyLou, Dan, Kimberly.............. Hope you all have a great day!

MastiffGirl
10-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I went for a WI this morning and I GAINED 2 lbs!!!! Errrrrrrr!!!!! :tantrum:

BarbaraB
10-15-2007, 03:15 PM
It is quiet here today!

Second day of TO for me. This time I have the official juice from the COD. I feel lighter today. I also made myself get up and do the 5:45AM spin class today. I often give myself a pass on exercising when I'm on TO, but not this time. I did not push myself very hard today though.

I have a digital scale so there is no adjusting to it. It almost always agrees very closely with the COD, although the COD might be 0.2lb kinder to me. I think I've just weighed on the one at home enough to know the exact position where to stand to get the best weight. Hey whatever it takes to get a number I like! If that is even possible.

Felicia, I hope your DD is not coming down with anything. I have a hard time seeing my DH up high too. He goes and cleans the gutters sometimes, and really the back of our house is like 40 feet off the ground (it is on a major hill so there are 3 stories and then about 10-12 feet to the ground from the bottom of the basement). You just know that a slip from up there would be a very bad thing. Luckily he has not been too hard to convince to hire someone to clean the gutters... although all the fir trees around our house mean it needs to be done all the time.

Liza, What a lovely knitted bunting you made! I hope you are feeling better.

Katy, After the A&W rootbeer, I indulged in liquid fruit also... and now there is an open bottle of wine in the fridge (I did manage to have only one glass). Oh well... maybe my DH will drink it all before I get weak again.

lizababe
10-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Nicole - I'm sorry you went off plan this morning but you've got the right mindset!!! Knitting does take more time and patience than crocheting but it is worth it. I used to make some beautiful things back in the day and hopefully this will turn out beautiful too. So far, it's looking very nice! I asked her what colors she'd like and she said she likes lime green and blue. I was aiming for the green in the picture but what I got looked different once it was out of the store. The green in the pic looks more seafoam and this is a very bright lime. I think I'm going to tone it down with a dark blue trim around the hat and sleeves. I also am using a regular weighted yarn rather than baby yarn since she's up in the NW and in February will appreciate something nice and warm. I hope it turns out as nice as it's aspirations!

Dan - I think we need a picture of you in that bear costume.

Lizzy - I spent my Sunday exactly the same way. It was nice to just laze around for more than half the day.

Jillian - Geez I want an eggnog or pumpkin spice latte now. It's actually the perfect weather for it here today... cloudy, some drizzle and much cooler than the norm.

Kimberly - My fingers are crossed for a great WI on wed for you!

Katy - good job staying mostly OP!

As for me, today I go into COD for the first time in two weeks. I hadn't gained or lost during my sick time and was looking forward to COD up until this morning. TOM came to visit and brought 2lbs. Jerk.

BarbaraB
10-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Kelly, perhaps you are just retaining water or something like that.

Liza, TOM is always very bad for me and WI. I've taken to just skipping the COD one week a month. I know it is bad of me, and I didn't do it until I started maintenance. Green is a tricky color. I painted my bathroom a seafoam green color that looked more mint when it got on the walls, but now after a couple of years it has faded to a color I can live with (or the thought of repainting just sounds so awful that I've talked myself into liking it).

zambejaly5
10-15-2007, 05:07 PM
morning all, I think I have finally recovered from last weekends wedding outing. it took me nearly all week to get it out of my head that every meal was not a party! Sat. was my first POP day, and Sat, and Sunday felt like the first few days of a diet, when you think "I can't live on this small of amounts of food!!" but today my stomach and my head have made peace. ahhhh. so no more thinking I can go off plan for even one meal, because it takes waaaay too long for me to recover.

so heres to a great week. I feel like I lost a week. I am not more than I was a week ago, but I am not less either. NO MORE FOOLIN AROUND!

Mama Nicole
10-15-2007, 05:37 PM
yeah..........that's what she said.......lol

I am so with you, Lettie!!! If I go off for a meal........it takes me a week to get it right again.

You are all welcome for the manic monday tune. I like to do that to my sis.........she gets all mad at me cuz those songs get stuck in her head all day long. I usually try to make it as annoying of a song as possible.

Hey Mastiffgirl.........the sclae is the devil.

Ok, have to run now...........I dyed my hair and it looks kinda mousy. I will try to get my girl to take a pic. It's not too cute :) Oh well, it will wash out eventually. I HAVE to get some housework done now.
XOXO

equinetcan
10-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Happy Monday everybody...

I have come to the conclusion that packing is highly overrated!! I hate hate hate it. I am to the point that some stuff I can't pack yet as I don't have the bigger boxes I need until tomorrow night and also it is the stuff I need for day to day. I know I am going to get my exercise thursday friday and saturday going up and down my stairs to this third floor apartment. At least this time when carrying things I am going down the stairs. But I am hoping to move a lot of the smaller things and stuff not in boxes those three days. Right now it is supposed to rain on the weekend - go figure. Hopefully between now and then that will change.

Today was insurance day - set up one and cancel the other, go take more paperwork to the lawyer, and go price some stuff that I need to get next week after I move. I am not buying anything before I go cause I have to lug enough stuff without buying more!!

But this week I will definitely get exercise in so that should count for something huh? All those stairs should burn at least a few calories here and there.

One great thing happened last week though...thanks to facebook my best friend from high school who I have not seen nor talked to in almost 17 years found me. I had looked for her before but she had not joined. She finally did and sent me a friend invite last week. Now we have been catching up and emailing and talking on msn. Internet can be really good at times!!!

I'll check in later and see how you guys are doing...have a great day/evening!!!

dawn78
10-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Jillian- I hear you on the “despise every part of the 9 months”. I hated being pregnant. I just can’t stand what it does to me physically, mentally and emotionally and in all honesty it really kind of creeps me out. I know that sounds terrible of me, and yes the reward in the end is worth it, but I just don’t feel comfortable in my skin when I’m pregnant. It doesn’t help that I gained almost 70lbs with my last pregnancy either.

By the way your new do looks great!

Mama Nicole
10-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Don't feel bad Dawn and Jillian........I was a fat pink miserable pregnant lady. I always envied those women who blossomed and glowed during pregnancy. I was not one of those people. I did love being pregnant in many ways.......I loved feeling the baby moving around.........but man oh man.....I was a bit psycho. I was super tired, and crabby, and zitty, and hot and sweaty......and pink. It was not the prettiest sight.

Although, I have to say, each pregnancy was a bit different.........so Jillian, you may be pleasantly suprised and start feeling really good in a few weeks. I will cross my fingers for you. I felt the best during my second pregnancy. Also...........Jillian.......even though DH will be away during most of your pregnancy........you are with the love of your life now..........everything is better when you have your honey sugar baby love, or whatever Pearl used to call her DH. :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
10-15-2007, 07:51 PM
dangit.......I really miss Cassi and Pearl and Lea Ann and so many others...........and Katie.....don't you dare become one of the MIA's either.......we need you :)
XOXO

MastiffGirl
10-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Barbara..I sure hope that is what it is!!! Yes, Nicole..the scale is the devil!! :devil:

aguerin
10-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Good Evening all. I am in DC again this week and just now getting to the NET to check out the site for Monday.

I did good this weekend on plan and am surviving going into maintenance mode. Don't know how well I will get to stick with it this week traveling though. I cannot find NoFat, Lite yogurt in this He!! Ho!e and it is making me angry. I did pack my Fiber One though, Yes I flew a box of cereal from alabama to DC just to stay close to plan (and regular). LOL

Anyway the scale is being good to me I am averaging 142 so surely I can get that 2 pounds off by Halloween.

Good Luck Everyone. Glad everyone had a good weekend. Is it the middle of Oct already?

BarbaraB
10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Kelly, If you are like me one little bit of salt,and poof... lots o pounds just appear. One salty thing can easily make me gain 4 pounds in one day... of course the next day it is all gone, or maybe in two days. Drink lots of water, try some hot lemon water, which is a miracle beverage for those who retain. I also tend to see the scale do alarming things at during the PMS period. Also I've have a few extra pounds when I start working out. I'm sure it is not intstant muscle, just my body retaining a few pounds due to the shock of it all. I've read that it is really common and oh so frustrating, since you hit the gym hard you expect the scale to go down, not up.

Dixie chick Amy, you go to stabilization and finally the scale drops? That is fantastic.

Jillian, Whoever enjoys morning sickness and being profoundly tired all the time? It would be weird if you said you liked it. Stress only makes it feel a lot worse, so try to relax and be kind to yourself. You deserve to be pampered and taken care of while you are getting this pregnancy started. As sometimes the first months are the hardest. The morning sickness just got to me, and I was living off from saltines and carrots. Hope your stomach settles down soon. Were you sick for long with your other pregnancies?

Nicole,

Dan2112
10-15-2007, 10:30 PM
I guess i'm just a big softy with no regard to the feelings of my wife..:lol:... I loved the whole baby thing and now that mine are growing up so darn fast, I really miss the whole "infant through toddler" phase..

Ok.. Enough of that.. It's time for football!!!! "grunt grunt"

Kimphin
10-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Hi everyone - It's been a long time since I've posted regularly, just been here and there on the 'finish challenge' thread, etc.... A lot of you probably don't even know me, but HEY to all the oldies! (totally referring to this board only, no refences to age....) I've been half-a**-edly doing this plan for the last few weeks, time to get back on track! again.

I bit the bullet and am changing jobs. I can't take another crazy superintendent, not after the last few, and my new one seems like a loon. So, I am soon to be at another district, a much larger one, which can bring both blessings and headaches. The good news is, I won't be on the front line at Board meetings! Whew! One part of the job that I hated is gone! I had a wacky board to deal with. People who liked to fight just 'CUZ! Also, the new distict offices are about 5 minutes from my house. So, that's why I've meen MIA for a while. Start the new job in a few weeks, in the meantime I am using up vacation time.

So , hi to the newbies, I'll get to know you all soon enough!

Hey Nicole - glad you enjoyed Germany, but really glad you are back!

Joni - I will get you my stat's ASAP.

Dan - I totally missed you hitting goal - Congrats! You look great.

Liz - Glad to see you are doing weel too!

Jillian - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Great news! I love the new hairdo too. Very chic. Shaved your head in high school? I knew you were a rebel.

Lettie - so, you are doing NS, huh? At least you didn't bail on our little group here! My sister did NS way back in the 80's. It has really come a long way since then - how's the food?

Alannah - stairs are definitely exercise! Killers! Good luck with moving.

OK, that's my re entry LAWL-land. It's in writing, that makes it official... I will begin to follow the plan.

Dan2112
10-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Welcome back Kim!! Thanks for the comments.. You're looking good too!! Keep it up and get back to being POP!!

lizababe
10-16-2007, 12:40 AM
I guess i'm just a big softy with no regard to the feelings of my wife..:lol:... I loved the whole baby thing and now that mine are growing up so darn fast, I really miss the whole "infant through toddler" phase..

Ok.. Enough of that.. It's time for football!!!! "grunt grunt"

LOL Dan - That's very sweet (aside from the no regard to your wife thing) I know what you mean. I'm knitting this bunting for someone I wasn't even really friends with in high school. Things were actually more catty between us than anything but through our exchanges all of these years later, I like her soul a lot and am happy to do this for her. My ovaries ache just looking at this little thing. I actually loved being pregnant with my daughter and felt we got gyped when they had to induce labor 1.5 months early due to complications. I'd love to do it again. I love Mini Me as a teenager but darn I miss that innocent wonder of a little one.

Ok, that's enough of that.

I went to COD today and my counselor was so cool. I told her about being sick and why I didn't fill out the diary and she said she didn't expect me to after that. I got some control trim and am trying that for the first time right now I'll let you all know how it goes.

I wouldn't pitch anything that I don't believe in 100% and I have to say, I really do believe in this program. How can eating healthy and exercising be bad for you? Even if the weight loss isn't as fast as we'd like it... just think of how much healthier we all are. You know those food hangovers you get when you indulge? Just think... that's how you used to feel every day. Even though I have SLOWLY lost the weight (only 12 lbs since June and the same last 5 over and over) I still feel GREAT! I have far more energy than I did back in the days when I used to eat a big greasy meal washed down with a coke.

That's it for now.. I have some knitting to do. Don't tell anyone, it might compromise my rock star rep :encore:

ViolinCyndee
10-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Hey Lisa.. how'd you do that cool ticker? The one with the picture of you shrinking! HA! cool! :)

bayoubelle68
10-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Jillian - with my first pregnancy, everything was rosy - no morning sickness, no hormonal stuff. Oh, I cried at the drop of a hat, but I do that anyway. I was working in an office at my church then, so I wasn't on my feet much. My only yuck came from the fact that my pubic bone started to separate at 4 months so every time I would roll over in bed, I had this excruciating pain. Toward the end, it even hurt to walk. With my second pregnancy - the surprise one - I was back in the classroom and on my feet constantly. My pubic bone started to separate early again. I was tired, cranky, and I was so big, I looked like a parade float!! I taught right up until a week before delivery - DD came conveniently at the end of May - and the last month, I told my principal not to be surprised if she walked into my classroom and found me sitting in my big desk chair, teaching with my feet propped up! She said as long as I was there, she was fine with that! I always loved the baby part - the moving, the kicking, the hiccups, etc. DH and I read to both of them while they were in the womb and I sang to them constantly. To this day, if either is upset, the song I sang most to them before birth is what calms them instantly. For DS, it's the worship song, "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever" and for DD, it's "The Way You Look Tonight." That's also her every-night lullaby song!

zambejaly5
10-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Lettie - so, you are doing NS, huh? At least you didn't bail on our little group here! My sister did NS way back in the 80's. It has really come a long way since then - how's the food?

YAY!!!! KIM IS BACK!

(Yes I am doing NS, but shhhhhh, I am trying not to promote it much on here, out of respect for my LAWL roots) It is going good, I had a bit of a glitch last weekend over indulging at my SIL wedding. but been back on track for 3 days now and am down some more. so I have lost 6lbs in 2 1/2 weeks. I love the food so far. Everything I have eaten has been yummy. Yesterday I had pizza for supper and blueberry pancakes for breakfast. I did Jenny Craig years ago, after baby number 2 and baby number 4. and lost good both times, it was baby number 5 that killed me! I loved Jenny Craig, but it is alot more expensive than NS and I didn't want to do the visits to the COD any more, I am WAAAAAY burned out on that torture! Both my sister and my friend are doing NS with me. so that is support enough, plus I go to the NS website alot. there is an online food diary that is way easy to use. and they have a nice chat room. They have message boards too, but I don't need that! got it here!

I am so glad you are back. Now, get your POP in gear!

MomOfThreeTeens
10-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Good morning everybody! I read so many posts to catch up that I'll never remember all I read.

Jillian- LOVE the new haircut!!!

Welcome back Kim!!!! Great to see you!!!!!

Kim#3- I havent forgotten about coffee, just havent had time!

I finally found shoes for the wedding. I had about decided I was going in my flipflops! LOL

The wedding countdown has begun, 4 days and counting! I admit I'm starting to get a bit emotional. My son was at the house last night working on his programs for the wedding and I almost started crying. Its hitting me I think, hes gonna be a husband!!! We absolutely adore the girl hes marrying. They've known each other since kindergarten!

Foodwise the weekend was an absolute bust. We were on Fall break last week and being home is harder for me. At work I sit in a classroom and cant leave to go check out the fridge or pantry! LOL Back to work for me today so the only food here is what I brought with me which sure helps!

Everybody have an amazing week!!!

zambejaly5
10-16-2007, 10:48 AM
wow!!! kim!!! since kindergarten??? not many couples can say that! I guess they know each other!!!

KSingleton
10-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Still trying to stay OP. I'm kinda depressed since I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks!! I am getting frustrated, but I know that eventually it will come off. Any ideas on how to get my body jumpstarted again?

Dan2112
10-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Krista - Don't give up!! Have you tried the 5 day pleateau breaker? You and Liz are in the same boat with the stagnation, so that's her plan..

Also, it could be that your body is getting too comfortable with the foods you're eating.. Make sure you're not becoming too routine with the kind of foods you're eating.. Shake up your schedule... Get your starches in for breakfast and lunch.. That kind of stuff..

Sounds to me like you've got to shock your body a bit... Are you exercising?

LizzyW
10-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Morning all,

Krista - I have been in that boat for 4 months now. I keep losing and gaining the same 3 lbs. I can't seem to break it. I am going to try the 5 day plateau breaker and see if i can break below 168. I haven't started it yet, but I do plan on it.

Jillian - I guess I am one of the lucky ones that didn't have any morning sickness with either of mine. I loved being pregnant. I was tired toward the end, but was either in school or working to the day of delivery. But I have talked to alot of people that had bad morning sickness. Our neighbor was sick really bad with each of her pregnancies. But they made it through. I know you can make it through too. What a gift you are carrying. Anytime you need to talk, you know you can always come here.

Well, i guess i had better get some work done. Talk to all later.
Liz

Mama Nicole
10-16-2007, 12:58 PM
KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kimphin........the original Kim....the kimster.......the kimsterama.........kimmy.........kim.........
So happy to see you lady. Glad things are better on the job front. It is just no good when work is bringing you down!!! Change is good :) Enjoy your time off..........I am so glad you have some time off.........I hope that means we get to see a bit more of you. I know, I know......you want us to see less of you (pun)........but whatever......I'm just happy you are here :) Now if we can awaken Cassi and Pearl, and get Lea Ann to take a break from work.......I will never have to do houswork again......cuz I will be too busy here :) Did I mention I am happy to see you?????

Kim#2........I'm sure I'll be a total basket case when my DS's get married. Hang in there lady.............can't wait to see the pictures :)

Krista.......I know it is hard when you don't see any movement on the sclae........but hold on a bit longer. We have decided that every now and then our bodies say, "WTF are you doing to me?" It is just an attempt of your body trying to hold onto it's poundage. That is biology.........and that is part of the reason it is sooooo difficult to shed those pounds. Our bodies don't know that it is not healthy to be overweight. It is still programmed to hold onto it's mass just incase there is a famine. Don't worry......you can trick it :) Stay strong.........and pay very close attention to your food diary. BLT's can be enough to hold you back sometimes.........so be very disciplined and patient. It will pay off :)

Hellos to everyone else. I have to get kids fed and DS ready for school. I'll be back!!!!

Mama Nicole
10-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Hey, Nancy...............where have you been????

amylou7777
10-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi friends!

I got back late monday night from a weekend visit with my family and have had so much going on with school that I didn't get on here!

weekend was great. Was pretty much POP with the exception of a yummy garlic dinner roll that I knew I shouldn't have had. Unfortunately the scale has barely moved. I go to w/i today to see if those 3 pesk lbs I put on last week have finally come off!!

Thanks for the encouragement Nicole-I know this is a learning process--and the lesson has been learned-no more days off!! I read you had a coupld doughnuts....I hope you are back in action now!! A girl at work wanted me to go with her to get doughnuts last week...I told her I'd probably gain a lb just walking into the store!

Jillian-hair looks great! I hope the morning sickness subsides quickly!

Liza-great to see you back. Hope you are feeling better.

Alright-gotta run to w/i! Be back later!

MomOfThreeTeens
10-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Tomorrow 10-17-07 is my One year anniversary with LAWL! What an incredible year its been! Thank you all for making this journey so easy. I couldnt have done it without the support of all the new friends I've made this past year! You've given me a shoulder to cry on, encouragement, plenty of laughter, lots of tears and a kick in the butt when thats what I've needed!!! :grouphug: To all who are still on their weightloss journey, it works, if you've been doing it any length of time you know it does! Keep up the good work!

Just wanted to say I love you guys, thanks for being here for me! :grouphug:

KSingleton
10-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Krista - Don't give up!! Have you tried the 5 day pleateau breaker? You and Liz are in the same boat with the stagnation, so that's her plan..

Also, it could be that your body is getting too comfortable with the foods you're eating.. Make sure you're not becoming too routine with the kind of foods you're eating.. Shake up your schedule... Get your starches in for breakfast and lunch.. That kind of stuff..

Sounds to me like you've got to shock your body a bit... Are you exercising?

I haven't tried the 5 day plateau breaker. I think I am going to do that next week. Yes, I am a very bad procrastinater, but really I want to see if I stay POP this week if I lose anything. I haven't been doing the lites so they increased my plan from #2 to #3. It added 1/2 protein, 1 veg, 1 starch, and 1 fruit. I am really thinking about breaking down and doing the lites just so I can go down a plan. I feel like I eat all the time. It is just too much food!

Katy66
10-16-2007, 02:51 PM
I just blew it for the day! My staff took me out to lunch for boss's day and I had the vegetarian quesadilla (sp?). I guess I could have done worse and dang it was good.... Not to mention my TOM arrived yesterday and I thought about eating the kitchen counter for dinner last night. Guess that is why I couldn't resist today.

Oh well gotta run and get ready for a meeting. Wish me luck at behaving myself this afternoon:)

Mama Nicole
10-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Tomorrow 10-17-07 is my One year anniversary with LAWL! What an incredible year its been! Thank you all for making this journey so easy. I couldnt have done it without the support of all the new friends I've made this past year! You've given me a shoulder to cry on, encouragement, plenty of laughter, lots of tears and a kick in the butt when thats what I've needed!!! :grouphug: To all who are still on their weightloss journey, it works, if you've been doing it any length of time you know it does! Keep up the good work!

Just wanted to say I love you guys, thanks for being here for me! :grouphug:

It is amazing how fast a year goes by, isn't it? I don't know what WE would do without you :) You have been a true inspiration to all of us :)!!!

Amy......good to have you back. Yeah, the doughnuts have been followed by a few other indiscretions......and I am now going through the DT's, and I don't mean withdrawals.......I mean drive thrus. It is soooo bad. I promise though, I will be good from here on out. I have to..........there is a lot of $$$ at stake in the chicks to the finish challenge, and I am pretty sure that I could still win if I work real hard :) Congrats on staying OP at your family thingie. That is one big fat NSV in my book :)

Katy........it will be ok. It must be in the air today.....just finish the day up OP........don't let it get out of hand.......oh, if I could only take my own advice........lol

Barbara.........are you hanging in there? How is TO going? Are you doing TO or FF?

Ok, time to change the laundry.......
XOXO

chiquita623
10-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone. Got back from vacation and back to work - YUCK!!!! I think I need to take a few more days off. Anyway, vacation went well, didn't gain and didn't lose so to me that is pretty doggone good. Lots of news on this board since I last checked it. Too much for many personals. But here's a few that I can think of off the top of my head -

Jillian - love the new do!! Congrats on the baby!! Once you get over this morning sickness and feeling a little better, you'll breeze through this pregnancy and then wonder why you ever stressed about it. You know we are all here for you at any time.

Nicole - welcome back. Hope you had a great time on your trip.

Liza - glad you're finally feeling better. The bunting is so cute. Your friend should be glad she has you to make this. It is something that will keep the baby all snuggled up in.

Lettie - glad things are going well on NS.

I know I'm forgetting lots of others but I'm sorry. My poor little pea brain just can't think today. Welcome to all the newbies. This plan really does work if you work the plan. You will have your good moments with it and bad but give it time and you will see it really does work.

Hi to all the losers out there. Keep up the good work. I'll check back in later.

Dan2112
10-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Kim... Congrats on the year long journey... It's been basically a year for Liz and I too, so I know how you're feeling... Way to go!!

Laurie... Anytime you can come back from vacation and not report any gains, that's just as big a victory had you lost a little!!

Katy... Don't freak out.. Just don't have any more starches today.. At least it was vegetarian...

Have a great afternoon/evening y'all!

Mama Nicole
10-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Welcome home Laurie :)

Ok,I have a question.........why do I get so stinnkin' angry when DH goes out with the guys after work? He is a good husband.......I have nothing to worry about........yet I get really angry when he goes. He and his co-workers are going to go out for pizza and then to the casino for a bit. He is not a big drinker and does not generally stay out late.....yet I am steaming to the point where I feel like i could cry. He said I shoud go out and meet them when I get the kids settled.........but that kind of made me even angrier. All I could think was....."come pick me up for dinner asswipe." Also, it is all guys........I don't want to be the wife that doesn't want her DH going out with the guys. Only one other dude is married, and he never brings his wife. WTF? And it's not like I don't want him to go out and have fun..........I think I just feel left out. That is really stupid......but I can't help how I feel. Maybe I'm just jealous cuz I don't have any friends I like to go out with......lol. I don't know. I do know that it is going to be a long lonely night.......and that sucks.

Ok, I am done with my tantrum.......thanks for listening.......as always :)
XOXO

amylou7777
10-16-2007, 06:41 PM
aww, Nicole I know how that feels. I only have a handful of friends in northern ca and my dbf has a million bc he grew up around here. When he goes out I usually am excited bc I like alone time once in a while, so I usually go shopping or get a mani/pedi. With 5 kids, I'm sure you really miss his companionship at the end of the day. Is there anything relaxing you can do that you can't do when he is around? Do you feel like meeting up with him and gambling a little? I could be wrong, but every once in a while the guys are impressed when one of the girls wants to come hang out! Whatever you do, hope ou have fun!

Joni135
10-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Amy - is that a new picture...you look great!
Kim - so good to see you.
Oh, poor Nicole. I know how you feel, but I also understand the need for folks to just take a break from the day to day routine. I think it's sweet that your DH even offered that you come join them, but I sort of understand where you are coming from in not wanting to show up and be the only wife there (although, personally, I like hanging out with guys). Personally, I wish my DH had more friends and would improve his social skills. He can be boring with a capital B sometimes! Hope you had a good evening despite being lonely!
Liz - I like your new avatar with your kidlets.
Kim-congrats on your 1 year anniversary. Talk about a LAWL poster child!! That would be you...and Dan!!!

Gotta head back to my hotel and let my brain rest. I'm having info overload on this business trip. Hi to everyone else.

Mama Nicole
10-16-2007, 09:14 PM
thanks for your input Joni and Amy. I, too, like hangin' out with the guys........I just don't want to go show up and have them feel like Scott can never get out w/o me. He gets a lot of pressure from them cuz they go out a lot, and he does not. Also, he never used to even tell me that he wanted to go out......so it is a big step for him to actually tell me that he wanted to. He used to make it seem like he almost had to.......but anyway, I am over it now. I think I just need to seriously work on my social life. It is not fair for me to be angry at him because of my lack of fun.....lol. He is a good guy........and these guys he works with aren't so great......so I hate that. One of them is really nice and enjoys visiting with me.....the others are kind of standoffish...........like they are going to get girl germs or something.....lol. Anywhoooo, I also do love to have time to myself......my only problem with that is, by the time I get alone, DH will probably be home......and if he had a couple of beers.........I won't be "alone" for long :) Not complaining........but you know how precious alone time is :)

Joni.......how is work going? Did you see Kim is back? I'll give that a whooohoo!!!

Ok, time to put baby to bed :)
XOXO

BarbaraB
10-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Nicole, I think it is because you've waited around for so long for him to finally come home and spend some adult time with you, it is just natural that you resent when he takes his fine adult self off and spends it with other people. I know that I have gotten out of the habit of going out with the girls. It is hard when you are busy being mom to take time for yourself. My TO went pretty well. Although I didn't really lose much weight... Just the mystery two pounds that showed up last week came back off. I think I'm done cutting back on exercise.. it didn't work at all.. so back to exercising like a banshee.. Plus I signed up for a challenge at work to walk 50 miles over the next month, so that will mean a lot of extra tread mill time for me.. I already got the first 5 miles in this morning. Only 45 left to go.

Kim, 1 year, that is something isn't it. When I hit a year, it really felt like I'd made a permanent change.. since here I am 13 months after still doing it.

Jrny2aNewMe
10-17-2007, 10:11 AM
GM all!

Have been MIA for a few days as work has been super busy.

Silly me, I forgot to take notes as I was reading all the posts I missed so Im just going from memory here.

Jillian Love the new do.

Lisa The baby bunting bag is really cute. I have knit a few things for myself in the past, but have never had the courage to knit something for someone else. I did decide to cross-stitch a quilt and matching bibs for my nephews significant other baby is due right after the new year. Well see if Ive given myself enough time or if Im being just plain crazy thinking I can get it done in time.

Kim Happy anniversary! I just hope I look even half as good as you after my one year anniversary.

A shout out to everyone else Nicole, Dan, Liz, Barbara, Krista, Amy, Katy, Joni and all others that I missed right now. Heres to a POP day!

zambejaly5
10-17-2007, 10:30 AM
hey nicole, I feel for ya! I felt that way for the first 15 years of our marrage at least....... but now I really focus on alone time to the point that if his plans fall though I feel cheated. I like to watch what I want to watch without getting teased, I like to be in control of the remote!!! he is a male channel surfer..... the worst! if he is gone for a meal, I like to take advantage of serving "kid food" instead of a big meal like he likes. I like to be able to wear baggy sweats or not put on makeup..... not that I always do when he is here.... but when he is here I am more aware of how I look for him, and sometimes it is nice to know, nobody is looking! find some things you like, and save them for when he goes out. special things that you can only have when he is gone.

oops got to run. later! there are other things I want to tell ya'll but I have parent teacher conference. and I'm late!

Katy66
10-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Hi gang! I think I finished my day okay yesterday despite my lunch time fiasco....thanks for all the words of advice:) Funny how you know exactly what you are doing but wait until afterward to freak out and feel guilty.

Liza - the bunting is adorable! I don't have the patience for that kind of work and admire anyone who does.

Kim 2 - you have to be on pins and needles about the wedding. Good thing you like your new DDIL. Can't wait to see some pictures:) Congrats on your year anniversary with LA!

Dan - Good advice on mixing things up when you are at a plateau. I think that is part of my problem as well. I'm eating the same old things which makes me want to stray from plan since it isn't satisfying my "taste buds". I'm never hungry, just think boy wouldn't a bite of that taste good.

Hi Joni - glad you could drop in during your trip.

Amy - congrats on stabilization and the loss that came with it:)

AmyLou - welcome back!

Nicole - sorry your DH upset you, boy they are good at that aren't they:)? Sorry Dan:) Like everyone said, try to enjoy the alone time....we wives and moms get that so seldom:)

A big hello to everyone else out there that I've missed. Good luck staying on plan today!

dawn78
10-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Nicole - I totally understand your rant about DH going out after work. My DH pulls that crap all the time and half the time I don’t even know about it until he gets home. I never really know his work schedule because he works crazy hours. See my DH is a golf pro, so after his official “work” hours he often times does PR with club members after work or meets up with buddies on the course or at the 19th hole. It drives me insane and I think what bother me the most is the fact that I can’t do that. I never have that kind of freedom because I have a set schedule for everything. I have a set wake up time, a set get ready and “get the kids to school / daycare” time, a set drive time, a set work time, a set time to pick the kids up, a set time to make supper, do homework, do baths and get the kids to bed. DH rarely has to worry about any of that. It also bothers me because DS waits for DH to get home in the evenings and when he tells us he’ll be home at a certain time and he’s not, DS gets upset at me because I’m the messenger. I realize a lot of my DH’s social life is part of having a successful career but it’s just not fair sometimes. Good thing the golf season is almost over here in Minnesota!

Dan2112
10-17-2007, 11:40 AM
hey nicole, I feel for ya! I felt that way for the first 15 years of our marrage at least....... but now I really focus on alone time to the point that if his plans fall though I feel cheated. I like to watch what I want to watch without getting teased, I like to be in control of the remote!!! he is a male channel surfer..... the worst! if he is gone for a meal, I like to take advantage of serving "kid food" instead of a big meal like he likes. I like to be able to wear baggy sweats or not put on makeup..... not that I always do when he is here.... but when he is here I am more aware of how I look for him, and sometimes it is nice to know, nobody is looking! find some things you like, and save them for when he goes out. special things that you can only have when he is gone.

oops got to run. later! there are other things I want to tell ya'll but I have parent teacher conference. and I'm late!

Wait... You take advantage of the time when he's NOT there to wear baggy sweats and no makeup? I think Liz has things backwards, then :shrug:... :lol:

Hee Hee.. Now I'm in trouble...

LizzyW
10-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Oh ha ha dear!!

GM everyone,

Well today is my first day of the 5 day plateau breaker. Darling DH went to the store last night to get me a few things for the plan. I am really going to stick to it. It will be hard because I am a social person and like to do lunches and such with co-workers, with good choices of course. But this week, I have to be good and not go out.

Nicole - I can understand where you are coming from. Dan doesn't go out hardly at all but he does travel and that got to me for a while. Now I make do because I know that is his job. It isn't always easy because like Dawn I have a set schedule. I get up, get the kids their breakfast, get them to school, get to work, pick them up for after school things like soccer or TKD and then homework. He does help with the showers and bed time, so can't complain there. And I have been going out with friends more than he has on Thursday's after work. I think it doesn't bother him because he is making up for times when he is out of town for days at a time and I have to do everything. Or it does bother him and he just puts up with it.

Anyway, wish me luck and lots of will power. I have to get some work done now and will talk again later.

Liz

Dan2112
10-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Hee hee.. Sorry dear, I couldn't resist...

I encourage her to go out (even if it is "with the guys"), as she doesn't get out much with all the other chores I make her do. Ahem...

But seriously, she's right about all the things she has to do because of my schedule. I know it's hard on her, especially when I leave town... Luckily I'm not gone as much as some of my co-workers, but it can still be a hardship. We're both lucky that her job allows her to be flexible with her schedule.

Sometimes, however, that makes eating a challenge, so we really have to support each other when it comes to making good choices.. I rag on her a lot about eating out. Even though she almost always eats according to plan, anytime you eat out, you have no control over how that food is prepared, or what the nutrient content of the food is...

KSingleton
10-17-2007, 12:48 PM
good morning everyone!

Nicole-I know I'm a little late on the draw here, but I completely understand where you're coming from. My DH works really weird hours. Some days(like last night) he doesn't get home till after I've went to bed. Other days he's home before I get home from work. So, on those seldom days that he gets home early I want him to spend time with me & our family and it burns me up when he wants to go out with "the guys". I hope you did something last night to treat yourself!

Good news for me! I stayed POP for the last 2 days. Let's hope today will be the same. I'm looking forward to seeing a drop in the scale come Saturday.

Mama Nicole
10-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Dan and Liz....you guys are cracking me up.

I decided a long time ago that men and women are simply different. I embrace our differences most of the time. Somedays that is more difficult than others. I love being a mom, and I love being a stay at home mom. I am living my dream, and that makes me so happy. DH does go out of town a lot.....and he does the whole, "building the customer relationship on the company credit card," thing every now and then too. It is part of his job, and I have learned to deal with it. I try so hard not to make him feel bad about it, and I know he appreciates that. We have a great respect for one another......and that is what makes this family work. Anywhooo, I was complaining about him not being home and leaving me alone, and would you know, he called me twice from dinner and casino to see if I wanted to meet them :) It was not an obligatory invitation........and that made me feel so much better. I declined as I knew he needed a night out, and I was a little bit tired. I had a hard time deciding......but it was all good. He had a nice time.

Lettie and Dawn.......I think it is more difficult to deal with when there are babies in the house. Now that YDS is almost 3......it is a lot less stressful for me to be home all night alone. So I hear ya on that one :)

So, today is the day for me to stay OP. My jeans are feeling a bit snug.......and that's no good. I hope you all have a great day :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
10-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Krista...........Dove Give Into Mint icecream kept me company last night........I know, naughty naughty. Today is a new day.......and I have been such a slacker.......but no more.........back to POP for me :)

BarbaraB
10-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Oh Nicole... Mint Ice Cream.. the kind with chocolate in it? My favorite... Yummy yum yum... I think I will tell my DH that I want some of that for my birthday. Of course that is months away (in Feb), so I have plenty of time to anticipate.

I decided that for Halloween I will allow myself one bag of M&M's. Perhaps I will miraculously get my weight back down to goal before Halloween. Although 6 weeks back on weight loss and a 1 pound net gain in that time does not exactly seem likely that I will drop 4 pounds in 2 weeks, but I'm due to see a good drop here sometime. I'm just due you know... I think I will drink a ton of water today and see if that makes the scale be kind tomorrow. Right now any sign of any downward scale movement would be a blessing.

So I skipped spin cycling class this morning. Sometimes 5:45AM is just hard to get up and do... Oh and if you don't get to class 15 minutes before it starts they run out of bikes, so you have to be out the door by 5:20 to get there in time. So tonight I will be going to the gym and trying to add to my mileage for my 50 miles by Nov 15th challenge. So I'm definitely going to be upping my working out over the next month. Got to burn that bag of M&M's in advance... although really, I entered my weight on the tread mill yesterday (usually don't do that since even at goal I hate for people to see my weight and it doesn't calculate the number of calories you burn without your weight in there)and it said I burned off 700 calories... so that is like 2 bags of M&M's I think... So if I run the whole 50 miles.. that is 7000 calories.. oh my gosh... 50 miles of running is only 2 pounds! No wonder it is so darned hard to lose the weight...

Mama Nicole
10-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Lucia, I think we all fell in love with the 2 pounds a week fantasy, it is oh so seductive. Some bodies are just slower to lose weight. Mine is one of those bodies. The thing is that slower is not the same as impossible. Losing slowly is the so much healthier. You are most likely losing all fat. Take out the equivalent amount of butter... 3 sticks a week is what is going from your body every week, 12 sticks a month. Think about how hard your body has to work to rearrange itself for the loss. Think about the healing that is going on inside your body as you eat healthier and all the inflamation and problems that being overweight were previously causing in your body are healed. I truly believe we plateau sometimes because our bodies are busy healing from the previous damage and weight loss is not the first priority. Now, I do think that trying something new or mixing up your menu can wake your body out of its slumber and on to greater weight loss. Long term weight loss is all about persistence. It is not a race to get to a goal weight, although the COD treats it like that... but really now that I'm maintaining, it matters not that it took me a long time to get to here, it matters that I can do this for the rest of my life. You can't have the mind set that you can't wait until this is over, since if you want to keep off the weight, there is no over. It is a permanent life style change.
I copied this from another thread because I think it is a very good reminder to all of us what this fight is all about :)
XOXO

Kimphin
10-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi everyone! So far so good one being back on track. It's weird, but being home is easier for me to stay POP than at work. I hardly ever think about eating. Of course, not a lot of stress here at the moment.... except that the dog has been yakking all morning. lovely. Went out on a 'date' with DH last night - saw the Heartbreak Kid - it was really funny, in a Ben Stiller/Farrelly brothers kind of way. I was good - no popcorn, just my daily allotment of Diet Pepsi.

Kim2 - I can't believe that the wedding is here! Your dress is beautiful - have a great time!

Krista - I'm sorry you haven't seen any losses in a few weeks - that happens to me too. Stick it out! I did read somewhere that your body needs to re-adjust after you lose 10% of your body weight, and by your ticker that's right where you are, so maybe that's true.

Nicole - I am usually just the opposite when DH goes out (which is rarely) - but lately I've been really bummed out when he does. I think it is because I am not at work right now, and he's kind of my social connection. I think what you need to do is come here for a weekend. We will have fun and your DH will miss you so much that he won't want to go out with his friends!

Liz - good luck with your plateau breaker. Hey - it's only 5 days, right? We can do anything for 5 days. You can go out when you are thinner next week.

Barbara - Amen on the exerpt that Nicole posted. I was rarely at the 2lb/week average. That went by the wayside after a few weeks, but I still lost, which in the big picture is the most important thing.

I missed my Body Pump class this morning because my SIL called (DH's sister) - she is going through some bad stuff with her DH, and she's reeling. She called to ask a quick question, and it turned into a 45 minute conversation. At one point I was actually in the car, preparing to drive to the gym until I realized that I was on our house phone and not my cell. Twenty seven years of marriage and her husband tells her he doesn't love her anymore, but he likes the family facade that they have, so he is just mean to her in private. I feel really bad for her, and I can't imagine what she is going through.

bayoubelle68
10-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Poot! I gained .4 at my WI this morning. It's TOM so I'm sure that's what it is, but it's still yucky. I'm really pissy anyway, so this totally didn't help!! LOL! I told my counselor that I had the munchies and she gave me a sample of Control Trim. I don't really like the way it makes me feel - sort of funky in the tummy!

At DH's visit yesterday, they told him they wanted him to do a Take Off. I'll be doing it with him - it's just easier that way! Maybe it will knock me out of my funk!

It is POURING outside - glad I don't have outside car duty this afternoon. Unfortunately, I do have to take DD to dance class this evening. I hope the rain slacks up! I hate driving in the rain.

Mama Nicole
10-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Krista.......just wanted to let you know that your recipes are up in the recipe threads.

BarbaraB
10-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Felicia, .4 pounds at TOM is really nothing to get too distressed about. It will be gone soon and take some friends with it most likely. Hard to not let it get to you though. Take off can be good. It is not so bad, and it is only two days. Nothing like a Take off to get you to appreciate how much food you actually get on LAWL. My gosh, I just was counting it up, and I think I've done at least 10 of them! I think I might need my head examined! I'm sure that scale really has driven me crazy.

lizababe
10-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Felicia - sounds like a TO would be good to break things up a little for you and keep you motivated. Those few ounces during TOM really aren't bad. I gain as much as 5lbs during that time!

I started the Control Trim yesterday. It does make your tummy feel a little funny if you don't eat something within a half hour. I'd say for our daily plans, it really shouldn't be necessary since we have SO much food to eat! However, it would be great for those times when we know we're going to be indulging. Like going out to a special dinner. Take it first and then you won't clean your plate and can take some of your dinner home in a to go box!

equinetcan
10-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Just had to drop in for a quick visit - I just dropped off the $$ for the lawyer so in about 2 hours the house is mine. They are just processing the final closing now. Just waiting for the call.

Now I have to start taking things out to the car to take over this afternoon - lots o exercise - 3 flights of stairs in and out of the apartment...I will be very glad when the next few days are over but I also want to enjoy it too...

Have a great day everybody!!!

zambejaly5
10-18-2007, 11:07 AM
yay! alannah! what a milestone. can you even believe how everything has progressed over the last year? I wish I could send you a house warming gift.

:balloons: there, how about some balloons!
congrats!

healthy2b
10-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi Everyone.....

Nicole - I'm glad to hear that DH called several times while out the the boys and included you.....it always helps when they call and try to make you feel included. Years ago when my kids were small, my DH used to go out with the boys every once in a while and I would feel exactly the way you did....I think it was because I recented the fact that he could just up and go without thinking about what to do with the kids and I didn't have that same luxury. Anyway...now he just goes to play golf and he usually invites me along but I like to give him that "boy" time and choose not to go about half the time so I can enjoy "girl" time or alone time which I seem to enjoy more and more the older I get.

Joni - hows your week going out of town?

Dan, Liz, and Kim2 - happy LAWL anniversary!

I had a birthday this week and indulged way too much I thought! DH and I went out to dinner and I was doing pretty good until some friends showed up at the restaurant to join us for dessert...ugh.....after a huge piece of really scrumptious cheese cake and a couple of glasses of liquid fruit later....I was regreting the indulgencies...but to my surprise when I went to WI the next morning (yesterday) I was only up .6 and then this morning back down 1.2...so not too bad. I've been hitting the elliptical really hard the past few days though and maybe that has made up for the extra calories.

Hi to everyone else...have a great day!

healthy2b
10-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Yesterday when I went to COD, they are having an open house and wanted me to purchase more weeks because obviously I'm not going to reach goal in the amount of time originally purchased. This started me thinking about the sales pitch they give when you purchase the plan about the two pound guarantee and if you don't reach goal in the calculated time you get free weeks until you reach goal. I asked COD about this and her answer was to get the free weeks you can't have gone off plan at all, meaning you can't miss an item or add an item at any time to receive the free weeks. But of course they don't tell you that when they are wanting you to buy the plan...its just "it's guaranteed and you'll get all the weeks you need if you don't reach goal"....you know there is always a catch....I don't see how anyone could stay exactly on plan for that many weeks so I bet they have never honored that guarantee. I have 10 weeks left that I have paid for before I should be going to stabilization so I will continue my ten weeks and then go it on my own until I reach goal and then she said I could go back to COD and start stabilization at that time. The extra weeks that I'm on my own to reach my goal will be taken off the end of maintenance which will work but it is just the thought of them guananteeing the impossible and they know they will never have to honor such a guarantee.

KrispieD
10-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Alannah... congrats.. it's been a long time coming and we are happy for you!

Well I jumped on as fast as I could yesterday and fell over in shock..KIMPHIN is back..happy dance going on all over the place! Miss you big time!

Nicole.. DH has been out several nights recently and I too have been bummed. He is my social connection sometimes to the outside world and when I'm on my 3rd consecutive night of solo mommy duty I get a bit grumpy too. But I know he always comes home missing us all and think that him getting out and doing his own thing gives him a break so that he can come home and be the great daddy that he is. Hang in there and if anyone mentions Mint Chocolate ice cream you know you are going to start a riot from one Canadian that will start a stampede to the local DQ!!!

KSingleton
10-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Good Afternoon! I've had a very missing morning so I'm just getting on, but I have some great news to share! The scales finally moved!! Yippee... My BNWI is down 3lbs.

I haven't been to the COD since a week ago Monday because I hate it when I'm doing everything right and they act like I'm not, so I only go when I know I'll have a loss. I know that is awful and not what I'm paying them for, but I am looking for motivation not humilation. So, my plans are to go on Saturday morning. I hope I am showing a big loss!

KSingleton
10-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Nicole-Thanks for the recipe exchanges! I just realized the Chicken Enchiladas are on there. They changed it up a little, but it stills sounds like it would be good. We are a family that likes to eat a little South of the Border. I love spicy foods. I made a really great Spinach Chicken Enchilada this week, and basically just divided up my allotments for one enchilada for me so I'd know exactly what I was getting than I made the a casserole dish for the family.

bradleys mom
10-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Okay, Liza I have searched EVERYWHERE looking for the little ticker like you have showing the progress in body image. Would you mind to tell me where I could see that for myself?

BarbaraB
10-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Carrie, I think to have that guarantee, you have to buy the LA Lites. I was told no guarantee without them. You had to buy at least enough lites to get you through the weight loss phase to get the guarantee. My COD honored the guarantee, and I never bought additional weeks. I did however buy additional lites. So they got their money out of me. Sometimes I lose more weight when I have a minor indulgence, I think my body likes to drop weight when I mix it up a little bit.

Kristen, 3 nights in a row! Now that is enough to make the most reasonable wife grumpy. Now I am glad there is not a dairy queen close to here, as I didn't know they had the flavor that must not be mentioned.

Alannah, how exciting!!!! Always fun to arrange and decorate a new place so that it feels like yours. Glad you have some time off. Don't wear yourself out too much on those stairs! Moving is just plain hard work.

I had a pretty good night. Went and put another 5 miles in on the tread mill.
I was worrying that the clothes fitting looser was just my imagination, so I put on the city shorts that I've put on and decided were too tight the last 5 times I tried to wear them, slipped them on and ended up wearing them today, since they fit just fine now. So I won't need to start the naked crawl to Canada any time soon.

myboysnme2
10-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi everyone!

Is it quite around here or is it just me? I don't post much but I come on here several times a day. I was home sick yesterday and this is like my soap and I'm having withdrawals. It's like when I have a day off and finally get a chance to watch my show and it's been preempted by the stinkin US Open or something...hope that makes sense!

Anyways on the DH thing I can totally relate to that. Mine is in pharmacutical sales and has dinners out usually once sometimes twice a week. Even though he's "working" it ticks me off sometimes. He gets to go to all these nice places that I have never been to and sometimes never will while I stay home all night with the kids. I love them dearly but even the best moms need a break!

On another note I am soooo close to goal I can taste it! When I went to weigh in last week I was 137.2. We decided to start me on stabilization this Friday when I go in because I've been hovering right there for the last 6 weeks. WELL..I got on my scale this morning and it said 133.5! Hopefully the COD scale will be nice to me tomorrow because I realllllly want to hit my goal! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Well I should probably get some work done since I wasn't here yesterday! All of you other lurkers come on out and post! I need to get my fix...

KimS

lizababe
10-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Kimberly - I created the virtual weight loss models here: http://preventionweightloss.mvm.com then copied the images and transferred them to my paint program to create the ticker.

bradleys mom
10-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks Liza, I am really curious how I am going to look in the future!

Wow that was really fun!! I love that, Its cool seeing what your going to look like. But let me tell ya, it made me look a lot better now than I really am.

Kimphin
10-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Filicia - Control Trim is a fat soluble pill, so make sure you take it with food, not just water. I used to have that same 'funny tummy' thing with the old supplements from LAWL. Finally, after mentioning it like, 10 times, one of the counselors told me about it being fat-soluble only, and *tadah!* no more weirdo feelings from it.

Happy belated birthday Carrie!

Kim S - here's hoping that you hit goal!!!!

Kristen - love the new pic with the girls. Good to hear from you too!

OK, gotta go mow the lawn (DH loves that I'm home!), no news here to report. Stay POP everyone and have a good day!

Mama Nicole
10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
WOW.....Kim S.........that is so great.........I hope your COD WI puts you at goal. Are you going to have a party? I am. When I hit goal......I am throwing a fatty-boombalaty partay. It is going to be fab......I am going to make signs that say how much I lost........decorate the whole house......hang some of my fatty granny panties.......the whole nine yards. And, I expect a lot of, "Congratulations on not being a fatty anymore," cards. That really is something.........that you are at goal. We are very proud of you.

And......on the DH thing.......thank you for mentioning the salesman's "dinner meeting," drama. I think it is crap. If these big companies would take some of the money they throw around at, "dinner meetings," they could probably feed all of our country's hunger.........yada yada yada........it just irritates me. Oh, the things we do for love..........lol

Kristen......I am sorry I mentioned the unmentionable flavor.........as soon as I typed it, I thought, "oh no.......Kristen is going to shoot me if she reads this...."

Barbara.........so happy those shorts are fitting well. Really, my clothes feeling loose is a much better victory than the sclae. I don't ever really think so.......but that darn sclae gives you a quicky high, but your shorts or jeans fitting loose is an all day long affair. It's all good.

Yes, it is quiet here lately..........pick up the pace you slackers. LOL. For some reason, my number keys won't work.......so no smileys or explaination marks for me. This is killing me.

Oh, by the way.......I seem to be on a mission to sabotage everything I have worked for this last year...........so even though I am happy and perky........I am totally sucking at staying OP. I am sure this funk will pass.......but tell me it is going to pass soon, please. XOXO

BarbaraB
10-18-2007, 03:44 PM
KimS, Hope the scale at WI puts you at goal, although really being at goal means +- 3 pounds according to LAWL, so you are already in the goal zone.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Although don't have too much of a fatty bloomblaty party... well at least not one full of forbidden food. Stabilization is just more of the same diet you've been eating, with just a little more... You really don't get to eat any forbidden foods until you get to maintenance, and then they show you the exchanges for the cakes and pies and candies. Oh my.

Liza, I went and looked at the model on Prevention, and it made me feel a lot better about being at 160 and deciding that was my goal.... It was kind of spooky how close it really was to how I looked and how I look now. I somehow thought that if I put 160 in there and my height that it would show someone who was still fat, and I don't feel fat. The model at 160 looked really good.

Nicole... I wish I had had a fatty bloomblaty party... perhaps if I ever hit goal again I will throw myself one... I don't know why they call these pants city shorts, as they go below my knee and I wore boots with them, or I'd be freezing in here today... The names they come up for things sometimes is weird... Make the capri's one inch shorter and they become city shorts...

healthy2b
10-18-2007, 05:07 PM
KimS - 133.5! WTG - that's nearly 4 lbs- great job!

Barbara - they don't count no lites against me because I have an intolerance to soy....Way to get the exercise in and congrats on you NSV....don't you just love it when something fits right that has been tight:)

Kristen - 3 consecutive days! I would be bummed also not to mention a little grumpy but your handling it well and it makes all the difference in the world when they come home and appreciate you as your DH does

I've started working out at a new gym and it seems that every elliptical has it's own opionion on how far you have gone and what your heart rate it. I hate that....I can do the same exact program for the exact time and one will say that I have gone 10 miles and the other will say 2 miles and the one that says I haven't gone very far says my heart rate is barely over resting and the one that says I've gone 10 miles says my heart is jumping out of my chest...the other ones all say something in between these two that are extreme but none consistent with each other......so frustrating!

amylou7777
10-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi guys! It has been quiet around here--I think we have quite a few people out of town for work right now! I've been so preoccupied with school stuff and trying to make Holiday plans!
My family is actually coming up north this christmas! It is the first time in 3 christmas' that I'll get to be with my dbf! We are very excited to be hosting everyone! I tend to be a little Martha Stewart about parties that I host-so I'm trying to plan now-bc I do have law school finals right before the holidays!

KimS-CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! What an amazing accomplishment!! I totally agree about the "soap opera" analogy. I hope you are feeling better!

Carrie-Happy late Birthday!

Kim- I hope the wedding is a blast!

Kimphin-so glad you are back on track! The dilemna with your SIL sounds horrible. I'm sure she appreciated your shoulder to cry on.

I need to get back into the work out groove. I've only worked out once this week---and that was the first time in about three weeks. I know that it is having an effect on my losses but I just can't get out of this funk!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday evening!

BarbaraB
10-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Carrie, Hmmm... I wonder if they are not as generous with you because of it still, as really I think they make more money off from the extra boxes of Lites than they would on the extra weeks of weight loss. One of the gals at work said she thought I had lost more weight today. So I guess perhaps I'm not slowly gaining like the scale says.

My DD just told my DH that she wants to transfer schools. Which is upsetting after she was so insistent about going there and we've paid oh at least an extra 15000 to send her there already over what the state university would have cost. She just got over dragging us through the drama of her big move out of the house she was renting... Heck we've not really recovered from that (her dad's back is still sore from hauling furniture), and then the lawyer calls about the guy who is suing us for the car accident that she was in, and then she has to go all emotional on her dad about not liking her school. Anyway, hard to deal with it all. Teenagers eventually get better right and stop making you crazy don't they?(she is only 18 still). I guess given that she is already a sophomore in college, it is great that we know all the details of her life for it to drive us crazy... I think she just gets in over her head as far as workload goes. She is taking 18 credits and has 2 part time jobs right now. I told her it was too much, but she argued with me and I just said fine if you think you can handle it.. but of course she can't and then she unloads on her parents when things are not going well. Saying I told you so is sooo tempting but not worth the angry outburst it would generate. So anyway, I'm concerned with her being in school for extra years, since really we are kind of stuck where we are until she is done.. and transferring always means you lose some time... but I'm thinking the tuition at the state university would be a whole lot easier to pay for. I really did think she was getting an excellent education at University of Portland, but then again Portland State University has a fairly well respected business school.

TGIF.. oh wait.. its thursday.. darn

amylou7777
10-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Barbara- as a self professed "over loaded" student- I know just how she feels. She would probably love her school if she took 15 units and had one job. I tried so hard to do absolutely everything I could in college- and I just got burnt out. I too called home and told my parents how much I hated school around this time of year-but once I got a reasonable work schedule and just took a normal amount of units I loved it! I still put waaay too much pressure on myself as far as classes went- I wish I could have seen the big picture. When it came down to it, law school didn't care if I got a 3.8 or a 3.2-either way I would have gotten in. I just couldn't see that when I was there. It's true that you wont remember what classes you took but who you lived with, who you went out with etc! I hope she is making time for those social connections that can last your whole life.
Reverse pyscholoy always worked best when my parents were trying to deal with me. My dad was way better than my mom at calming me down. He always made my problems seem so small without be littleing me.
I'm sure it's difficult being on the other end!! Good luck....but never ever say I told you so----believe me, she already knows!

I am definitely ready for the weekend-even though I have way too much work to catch up on. This week has really flown by!

I am determined to stay POP since the scale has absolutely refused to budge. I am not up for a TO or a plateau breaker right now-but I know that eventually being POP consecutively will pay off...right?

bayoubelle68
10-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Good morning, guys! Day One of TO went well. That TO juice is nasty! But if it helps, it will be worth it. I had to go play Bonko with some friends last night (some areas of the country call it Bunko) and I didn't eat anything there - just sipped my water and enjoyed the company. It was okay.

I'm off work today to finish cleaning out our old house. Wish me luck! There's a lot to do, but if it doesn't get done, we'll never get it on the market. It's going to be a long day!

equinetcan
10-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Here is my daily stop in the morning. I won't have computer from tomorrow night till sunday as internet gets disconnected here at the apt tomorrow morning and then connected at the house tomorrow but I won't be at the house permanently until sunday night.

Count it - 12 trips up the stairs yesterday 3 flights up and 3 flights down. I thought my legs would be sore today but so far not too bad. Today will be a busy day as I want to get as much done today as I can. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain like a banshee and rain today too but just light. And tomorrow I get to go see my furkid for a bit. The next time will be thursday when I go get her to bring her home for the weekend. So tomorrow I am going to go shopping for her supplies and do some curtain shopping. I need new curtains for the deck door cause the ones they had were UGLY!!! I hate them so they are the first to go. I want a little color as everything is white right now so I am thinking burgundy panels. I just need to go get them.

Luckily sunday it is supposed to be nice and warm too for the guys to move all my crap. I even talked to the ex last night for about 1/2 hour as he called me to discuss sunday. He is moving me with a group of our mutual friends. He is driving the truck so we had to decide who was going where with who on sunday morning plus discuss some things about furkid. First time I have actually talked to him in almost 3 months. Texting yes - talkng no.

As of Monday I am back on plan. I don't go to COD anymore cause mine changed people and I didn't like the new couselors at all and they weren't supportive. They have 50% off right now but I figure between here and my other friends I can do it. So I'll go back to my red 1 and try and modify as I go to adjust my servings and such. I am stocking up the house on monday so I'll have lots of good stuff and no bad stuff in the house.

Well, I must go get dressed and start lugging again. Have a good day everybody and I'll try and pop in tonight for a few minutes.

Dan2112
10-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Morning gang...

Sorry Liz and I have been AWOL for a couple of days. We're both just busy as all get out... In fact, I'm off again right now for a day's worth of fire planning meetings!

Liz is doing extremely well with the 5-day plateau breaker... She's been steadfastly POP and I have to say I'm very proud of her for that..

Be one with your POP!!!

KrispieD
10-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Nicole don't you worry about the self sabotage..the last few weeks have been horrid and I've been far off track so how about you join me on the Fatty Bloombatty Boot Camp starting on Monday and we'll both vow to be POP.. let's aim for 10lbs gone by the end of November.. we can do it.. if the Packers can have a season like they are then you and I can beat the dang sclae!!

Everyone else have a super weekend.. we have EMIL surprise 60th party tonight and she is getting surprised by her two sisters from England that she has no idea are in town. should be fun!

LizzyW
10-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Morning all,

Well this is day 3 of the 5 day plateau breaker and I have to say, I am proud of myself. I have not cheated once in the last two days and it is starting to show on the scale. This morning I am down to 168.0 which I haven't been at in a long time. Tomorrow I hope to see it dip below 168 for the first time. I guess I was eating more than I thought I was causing the scale to fluctuate, but now that I have really stuck to this, it is showing. Wish me luck over the weekend. That is the hardest.

I hope everyone has a great pop day and week. Enjoy.

healthy2b
10-19-2007, 01:11 PM
TGIF Everybody!!!!

Barbara - I'm right there with you....my son informed us a couple of weeks ago that he was miserable at school. I hate the thought of moving him back but don't want him to be miserable for the next three and a half years either. He doesn't even have a clue to where he wants to transfer to so I guess he would just go to the local junior college until he figures it out. I was very lucky with my girls...all three of them started and graduated from or will graduate from (two will graduate this May)the college they started from. I guess we'll just figure it out as we go......and the thought of losing some credits that we paid hard earned cash for makes me cringe....

Amylou-glad to hear that you get to spend the holidays with dbf...have fun holiday planning

Felicia - great NSV....no food during Bonko/Bunko...I always find myself munching:(

Alannah - Happy Moving:)

Kristen - have fun at the party! Sounds like EMIL will have a big surprise!

Liz - WTG-stick to it...your doing great!

Well, it's another weekend out of town for me.....sometimes I wish that things would slow down and I could just spend one weekend at home so I could stay POP! Weekends are sooooo hard! All of the kids, grandkid, and DH are going to visit SIL (husband's sister) this weekend. She only lives two and a half hours away so the travel isn't bad it's just trying to eat right while we're there is almost impossible. We go to restaurants a lot while we're there....ugh! I'm thinking of packing or going to the grocery story when we get there to stock up on fruits and veggies so I will at least have half a chance to stay somewhat POP while I'm there.

myboysnme2
10-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Just had to stop by real quick to let you all know I did it!:carrot:

Couldn't have done it without this group...Thank you!

KimS

Katy66
10-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Hey! Just a quick drop in to report that the scales finally moved....official WI today was down 2lbs

Gotta run but have just enough time to say CONGRATULATIONS KimS!

bradleys mom
10-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Congratulations KimS!!!

chiquita623
10-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Way to go KimS. We are all so jealous of your victory!!

BarbaraB
10-19-2007, 03:31 PM
:congrat::cheer2::dancer::bravo:
KimS

Congrats. Doesn't it feel great! I'm so happy for you.

Amy and Carrie, Thanks... I'm sure my daughter will be fine the next time I talk to her. She is a super smart girl and does take on way too much. She is just such a persistent person... if she wants to do something, she will do it or wear down any and all people in her way. Arguing with her is just a waste of breath. Logical reason may sway her, eventually. Her dad's tendency to blow up and scream has very little effectiveness.

healthy2b
10-19-2007, 04:33 PM
KimS- Whoo Hoo!!! WTG!

Katy66-Great Job! 2lbs!

I went to WI this morning and down another 1.6!

chiquita623
10-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Good job Carrie, Katy and the rest of the losers!! Since I got back from vacation I've been struggling to stay OP. Seems the candy bowl here at work keeps calling my name and it's all I can do to ignore it!!! I'm going to do the plateau buster next week to see if that helps. Anyone care to join me?

Mama Nicole
10-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Nicole don't you worry about the self sabotage..the last few weeks have been horrid and I've been far off track so how about you join me on the Fatty Bloombatty Boot Camp starting on Monday and we'll both vow to be POP.. let's aim for 10lbs gone by the end of November.. we can do it.. if the Packers can have a season like they are then you and I can beat the dang sclae!!

]
Kristen..........you are going to save me....thank you. I am in, I am in, I am in. Whatever you say......I will do. I need some structure for sure. Thanks!!!

KimS........congrats on not being a fatty anymore :) Oh, I sure hope you saw our old posts about the greeting card line we joked about, so that you know it is all in fun :) Really though.......what an accomplishment. Have you guys noticed how many success stories we have here :) That is so encouraging. WTG.....WHOOHOOOOO!!!!

I have many more personals to do, but my mind is very stuck somewhere else right now. I did something really dumb. Last week I wrote a post about a girlfriend of mine, Julia, and it was out of line. I should not have talked about her on here like that. I have become kind of close to many of you on this board, and I guess I just really wasn't thinking about the fact that anyone can read this. I was just getting stuff off my chest, but my friend came onto this site looking for a recipe I had told her about, and then decided to read some of my posts. She of course, read the only post I have ever written about her.......and of course I was talking smack about her. She came over today and confronted me about it......and I am still feeling soooo bad. I apologized to her right away. I really hurt her.......and that was NEVER my intention. Pretty much sucks. I feel like I am back in middle school and gave the wrong note to the wrong girlfriend. Man, I really wish I had used a fake name for my username. Anyway.......let this be a warning to any of you.......if someone googles your name.....it may very well bring them to this site. Now that REALLY sucks.

Ok, I have to go.........sorry to be a debbie downer.........but I just don't have a lot of fun in me right now.

Have a great weekend everyone......and Kim#2, enjoy your DS's wedding :)
XOXO

KSingleton
10-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Nicole - Did she say she was sorry for the way she was treating you? I understand that she might be upset about the post, however she really hurt your feelings originally so it sounds like she owed you an apology too.

Just my thoughts!

Mama Nicole
10-19-2007, 05:12 PM
no........she said she was sorry for invading my privacy and reading my posts on here......but she just doesn't get it about the comments. That's ok.....it is not the worst thing in the world. It's all just girl drama..........it has just been a long long time since I have hurt someone's feeings like that.......and it is not the best feeling in the world. I'm generally a much better friend than that. But thanks, Krista......:)
XOXO

Kimphin
10-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Congrats KimS!!!!!! A lot of hard work has paid off!

Nicole - I'm sorry that you are down right now. I feel for you - but I have to say in your defense, that your feelings about how she was acting were REAL, and you have your own reasons to be hurt. Now, I know that what you should have done was tell her and not us, but sometimes you just need to bounce things off of people before you make that move. If she truly is a friend, then both of you will come to common ground on this. I hope it all works out.

lizababe
10-19-2007, 05:20 PM
All I can say is that sclae is EVIL today. I have a WI in less than an hour and this thing keeps going up.. like ridiculous amount.. 4 lbs since Tuesday!!! I've been careful on salt, POP, exercising and drinking lemon water and it keeps going up. I'm hoping this is a glitch on home sclae and the COD one will be kinder.

And now someone say something funny because I'm really grumpy. Oh yea,
TOM keeps teasing me too with "I'm here, wait no I'm not. Yes I am. No just kidding I'm not. Ok, I'll stay for a little bit. Maybe not." so I know that's got to be part of all of it.

Kimphin
10-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Liza - maybe its just a fluke side effect of your being sick last week. Here's hoping....

PS - sclae's are notoriously evil. It is in their nature.

lizababe
10-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Nicole - I found that about googling my name and that it shows posts from here too so I try to be careful. We forget that we are all friends chatting out our days in front of the whole world!

I've been there saying something about one friend to her sister that I didn't realize would hurt her. In fact, I thought I was defending her when I did it. I felt so bad when she came to me later and told me she'd been taunted over it and had been keeping that information a secret. It happens. But if she came to you about it, that's a good thing and it sounds like your friendship can be mended if you can talk these things out to each other. A lot of people would just suddenly stop talking to you but have no problem talking about you to everyone else.

Dan2112
10-19-2007, 05:57 PM
WAY TO GO KIMS!!!!!!!!
That's fantastic news... You and yours should be proud of your accomplishment. I know we are!!

Mama Nicole
10-19-2007, 06:24 PM
where is lettie?

bayoubelle68
10-19-2007, 07:00 PM
KimS - Yay!! Congratulations!

Nicole - I am so sorry about your friend, but I can't believe she didn't apologize to you about the way she treated you! Yes, I would have been hurt, but I also would have been embarrassed that something I did made my friend feel so bad that she posted about it. Don't amek yourself feel to badly about this. You are an incredible, smart, sweet, loving lady and we love you!!

BarbaraB
10-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Carrie, Way to go, the scale is finally making good progress in the down direction. Hope your little trip to visit your SIL is not too hard to stick on plan. At least I find that I can usually do OK if I'm careful. Maybe not the best most POP ever, but good enough to not sabotage myself.

Liza, it is probably just TOM making you miserable and the scale go up. I'm an excellent bloater and have seen a bloat of up to 8 pounds during the PMS time... Hard to not freak out at 8 pounds! but it came right back off 2 days later, so go figure. I just hate to go weigh in during that time, and I've taken to just boycotting the COD.

Liz, I'm inspired to do the plateau buster myself. I tried it once before and really did make the scale go down a bit. I think I read once that you write software? I write code to calculate people's pension benefits. What kind of software do you write? Hopefully something more exciting than I do. Although Actuaries are very interesting people (although not always in a really good way).

amylou7777
10-20-2007, 01:20 AM
omg Nicole-that is like my biggest nightmare come true!! I hate hurting people's feelings-and where better to vent than here, to your online friends-and then she finds it!!!

I have been considering taking my picture off for a while. I just really don't like how public this whole thing is. On the main page when you see how many views these threads have...there are too many lurkers out there!
It's kind of unsettling!

ok-I need to get started with the studying. I promised myself I would get a few hours in tonight since dbf is out with the guys tonight!

bradleys mom
10-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Hey gals! Just weighed in this morning and was down 1.8 for a total of 3.4 this week! What a way to get back on track! I am almost out of the 240's!! Party!!

Joni135
10-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi everyone; I'm home and trying to catch up. Trip was good, but I was far from POP. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. I got up at 4 AM this morning and couldn't sleep, so I'm catching up on paperwork, bills, etc. The house is a pit; DH was quite proud of himself for doing one load of laundry but didn't think to whip out the vacuum or mow the grass or blow the leaves off the deck. Bless his heart!!!

Sounds like KimS made goal (bravo, bravo); Alannah is in the midst of moving; Liz is doing good on her plateau buster; Kimphin is now in the landscaping business (LOL!!); Barbara's got kid drama and Nicole has some friend drama; and the rest of you I didn't have time to mention (KimR (congrats on your recent good losses), Felicia, AmyLou (don't take your picture off, please!!), Liza (feeling better I hope), Krista, Carrie, Chaquita, Dan, etc.) are all doing GREAT in the weight loss arena!!! I think I'll be joining Kristen and Nicole on a Monday plateau buster. What are you two doing - a TO or a Plateau Buster. Can you share the menu/plan with me? It can be generic since I don't really have a current plan number.

bradleys mom
10-20-2007, 12:20 PM
WB Joni! Hope you get rested and get caught up with everything!

bayoubelle68
10-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Woo hoo! Went to WI this morning after doing TO on Thursday and Friday and I had lost 5.4 pounds! Just what I needed to get me back on track!

Today has been great - very relaxing. Not like last week's craziness of taking pics at my kids' race. I don't think I told you guys what happened there. I got to the baseball stadium with my two kids and my parents. DH had gotten there earlier to help set up the course. He comes zipping up on his bike while I digging in the back of our Expedition to get all of my camera stuff and our photo display booth stuff out and he says, "Okay, your microphone is going to be right at home plate." I turned in shock and said, "What microphone?" He shrugged and said, "I told you last night that you're supposed to sing "The National Anthem" before the races start. The race director requested you."

I told him that isn't exactly something I would have forgotten! It's a good thing I sing it with my class every morning! I've sung it for lots of events, but there were over 1200 kids there - with their parents! I guess it's better that I didn't know earlier. I would probably have been more nervous!!

amylou7777
10-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh my Felicia-that is A LOT of people! Good for you! Wish we could all hear you sing. And congrats on that huge loss!

Kimberly-congrats to you too! I'm ready to be out of the 240s too!! I've gotta catch up!

I wish I could say the scale has been cooperative. It's been 6 days now of total POP-with the exception of missing a couple fruits here and there-and the scale has barely budged. I lost over 4lbs with my TO and then they all came back and have taken this long to come off....not a happy camper. Don't know if I'll do a TO again.

I am totally in for a Plat. Buster. I found that really doable and the lbs came off steadily after that.

I forgot to say congrats to KimS for reaching goal!! That is awesome!!

Joni-glad you are home safe and sound. ok-I'll keep my pic up for now.

We were going to try to make it out to the country to go to some apple farms/pumpkin patch-but since I totally slept in I'm not sure if we'll make it considering I have lots of work to do today. Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

zambejaly5
10-20-2007, 06:00 PM
YAY!!!!!!! KIM!!!!!!! BIG WOOHOO!!! can't wait to join you in the goal arena!

I'm right here nicole, just had a really busy week. sorry about your friend, we seem to get so tight in this little 3fat ...LAWL.... place that we begin to think of it as our own little world. and it is very strange when someone invades that. next time...... change her name when you speak. we don't know if it is a real name or not, and it doesn't matter. but I have to say I am with everyone else, she needs to address how she hurt you too. chin up chicky it will get better.

I took a test to be a Police Dispatcher this week!!!!! AND I PASSED! I have an interview next wednesday. I was so excited I could hardly stand it! the test was so crazy! it took an hour and tested me on things like, multi tasking, memory, problem solving, and working under pressure. it was fun. I want to work there really bad, but I don't know if the schedual will be right, or if they will be willing to work with me on hours. I have to remember that I am still a mother of 5 and they still need me. and my time with them is growing short. oldest will be 18 in July, and the youngest will be 18 in just 10 1/2 years. which will fly by. so, we will see, I will try to make them love me in the interview and then they will want to work with me on hours............I hope........

every thing else is going good. Hubby likes his job and more importantly they LOVE him. He just did some stuff for a soft drink company that rhymes with broke..... heehee anyway they LOVED IT! The main art person over at that soft drink place said, she might as well look for a new job, because obviously she would no longer be needed! so it is all good. diet is going well. monday is the day I have chosen as my official day to check my weight so I will check and post it then.

hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Joni135
10-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Lettie - the job sounds interesting and I do hope it all works out for you. Your posts sound so upbeat these days compared to say, three months ago! Time has a way of healing so many things.

Felicia - don't you just love your man?? I, too, would have loved to hear you sing and the national anthem has always been one of my favorite songs! I can sing along, but no way could I be center stage!

Amylou....did you get to the pumpkin patch? I was going to give you permission to post your carved pumpkin vs your profile pic....LOL! I'm avoiding doing more chores, but I better get going. Tennis later today (78 degrees and sunny). Last match for the fall season so we're having a ladies get together afterwards to celebrate the end of the season. I love tennis, but I'm always glad when I get my Sundays back. Have a good one!!

MomOfThreeTeens
10-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Just a quick post to say the wedding was beautiful! AND I made it through the whole thing without blubbering, just a few tears! Its hard to believe that my darling baby boy is somebodies husband! WOW!!! I'll post some pictures as soon as I get a minute. We've all done a lot of laying around being bums today, even skipped church this morning. After two days of decorating and running around I just needed to be a blob today! LOL

lizababe
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Joni - Welcome back!
Kim - I'm glad the wedding was so nice and Mama didn't cry too much...
Lettie - Congratulations!!!!!

I'm a little shaky today. We had a pretty harrowing experience in the chopper today filming a fire and are very very lucky to have made it back. I'm still in shock and kissing Mini-Me and the pets.

I hope you're all having fantastic POP weekends!

bayoubelle68
10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Liza - bless your heart! How scary! Thank God you're okay!

Amy and Joni - Thanks for your sweet words. I'm supposed to get into the studio sometime after the new year to record a CD for my kids. I wrote lullabies for both of them that I've sung since they were born and I want to record them as well as the other "night-night songs" I sing for them every night. You never know how long you'll have your voice! I'd like for them to have those memories recorded.

lizababe
10-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Felicia - How sweet to record those for the babies!!! And I just saw your ticker... Wow you're doing so good!!!!

bayoubelle68
10-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Thanks, Liza! Four more pounds and I can get my hair cut! DH said, "If you need your hair cut, just go get it cut!" I had to explain to him that I really NEED incentives for myself! I REALLY want to get my hair cut, so I'm motivated!! He has lost 75 pounds since we started!!