LA Weight Loss - October 15 (HALFWAY!!) ALLI SUPPORT HERE

StillTryin
10-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Good morning all. Well it is another Monday and we are all here and going strong right?

Well I had a BAD weekend. I ate like a monster!!! Oh well, the week can only get better from here right? I hope so. We are still waiting to hear about the house. The owner is suppsed to be here within the week (I think). So we can hopefully get this ball rolling.

I am just maintaining again, which is better than gaining, right? I am planning on having a good...no GREAT week!

I hope you are all doing well!

Beck1Beck
10-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Hey, all!!

The whoosh fairy came to visit for my b'day--5 lbs gone. :carrot: (That means I lost the 4 I'd gained back last week plus 1. I'll take that, gladly.)

I checked in a day early, cause we're going out for dinner tonight and I don't want to get on the scale tomorrow morning--no need to shoot myself in the foot. I'm not planning on pigging out, but I'm sure I'll exceed my limits.

Had a really great weekend, Old Hey You was out of state visiting his family, our daughter came up and hung out with me. I finally finished painting my fence and spent lots of time walking the dog, kind of an early birthday present for myself.

So, all in all, this is a greatttt b'day.

Be Happy, Y'ALL!

got2gethealthy
10-15-2007, 04:26 PM
happy b day beck :hug: whoosh fairy visited me too i lost 5 pounds this week !!

bobbigene
10-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Forgot that we have a new thread on Monday so posted on the old one. Oh well!

Glad to hear most everyone is doing well and losing weight!

Shy Moment
10-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Didn't even look for the new thread, posted on the old one lol.

Tammy
10-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Still, I think I'll be maintaining this week too. I am pretty sure there won't be a loss after this weekend. Hopefully not a gain!

Sue, congrats on that 5 pounds!!!
Shy, there is nothing wrong with 2 pounds! You are doing great!!
Beck, 5 pounds for you too!! Woo hoo!!

Good news for my hubby too! He GAINED 5 pounds!!! Only 20 more to go to get back to his normal weight.

Keep it up ladies!!! We can do this!!

Shy Moment
10-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Tammy
Glad hubby is doing better. Weight gain is a good sign

StillTryin
10-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Tammy, I am glad your hubby is doing better, that is fabulous news!

Got2, WOW 5lbs!!!! That is WONDERFUL! Congrats!

Taylormomto6
10-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Everyone is doing Great!!

Today is my 6th week Alliversary and I've lost 20 lbs. Not breaking any records, but I'm very satisfied.

After losing a pound or so a week for several weeks in a row, I lost 3.5 this week.:carrot:

We are considering a move from Ca. to Oklahoma sometime in the future. I really would like to get my boys out of the city to the country and a few acres. It seems hough that land is not as cheap as I'd hoped and wages are pretty low. My concern is all the other bills we've acquired (car payments, credit cards, etc) will not go down with the move, but wages will.

Anyway, I'll talk to you guys later,

Cindy T

Shy Moment
10-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Taylormom
6 weeks 20lbs I would say you are doing GREAT.

For me, 22 weeks 26lbs.

StillTryin
10-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Cindy, believe it or not actual "cost of living" is lower in OK, than in CA. I know about the "other" expenses you talk about, but if you are selling your home you may be able to get enough to pay some of that debt off? Just a thought....I used to live in OK for a while...it is nice there..but I wouldnt trade it for where I am now in a million years!

Taylormomto6
10-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Stilltryin- I know everyone keeps saying that, but we bought our house in Ca before the prices went up so high. We have a fixed payment of 822. We could sell it and come away with 40-60 thousand dollars, but if we go there and pay 20,000 down on a 120,000 dollar property, our payments will be about what they are here, but our income will be almost 1/2. We'll still have all our other bills as well. We could use the other 20-40 thousand to pay off one of the car payments, but we would need to use some of that money to move with as well. That would still leave us with monthly bills of about 1800-2000 a month. From what I can see, my hubby would only make 12-14 per hour there.

It looks like we'll need to hang around here a few years and pay off some bills before we can make the move. Of course, by then the boys will be getting older and there will be less reason to male the move:dizzy::dizzy:

Relocating is a scarey thing for me. Can anyone tell me...I can't see how this works. If we were to sell our house, load everything up, drive across to where??? We don't want to buy a house that we haven't seen. Second, how can you get a mortgage when you have a brand new job?? We could rent for a while first, but who wants to rent to someone who doesn't have a job yet??:D:D The whole thing makes me dizzy.

Cindy T

Shy Moment
10-16-2007, 05:43 PM
taylormom
Is there a reason you are moveing to the area? Do you know people there? Might stay with them for a bit. You sell up, you stay with friends, he finds a job. Better even let him go get a job first.

Tammy
10-16-2007, 08:33 PM
13 weeks of Alli, and I've lost 15 pounds. I know I haven't been as strict on it as I should be. In fact, I haven't even taken any the past couple of days because I honestly forgot. Also forgot my other meds too. Makes me wonder how many times I've done that lately with everything that has been happening. I guess I'm down 15 pounds, and that's better than being up 15!!

Cindy, that sounds like quite a move! Personally I wouldn't want to do it. Too old for a big change. Moving from one side of the county was enough for me a couple years ago. 30 minutes drive from one to the other.

Shy Moment
10-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Tammy
That is great. Isn't that what a person is suppose to lose for a healthy weight loss.

got2gethealthy
10-16-2007, 09:27 PM
we are all doing pretty darn good...maintaining and losing and living life :D i went to the dr. last friday and told him i had lost ( at the time) 5 pounds in a month on alli. he was happy. when i told him i wanted more than 1 pound he said that is what good weight loss is... 1 -2 pounds a month. So when i move this ego and pride out of the way, i know this is the way to do it. now if i can just remember it next week !! sue

Shy Moment
10-16-2007, 09:50 PM
got2get
That is right 1 to 2lbs. That is how we keep it off, we are changeing how we eat, not doing without. That is how for many of us, the skin goes back to where it should be, we lose slow and give the skin time to adjust.

Tammy
10-16-2007, 10:32 PM
I know that slow is better, but I sure would like to lose a bunch real quick!! My niece is getting married in June, and I'd like to look nice for her wedding. I have time to lose a bit more.

Shy Moment
10-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Tammy

I see no reason why you can't lose more before the big day. You are doing so well.

StillTryin
10-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Tammy & Got2, You are both doing FABULOUSLY!!!! Keep up the great work you are inspirations to everyone else! I SWEAR!!!!!

Cindy, when relocating like that you typically, (not always) have at least one person's job lined up prior to moving. That way you have an alli in the new location. The new employer can usually guide you in the right direction to finding either a rental or a home to buy, granted you wouldnt want to buy it without looking, and you would (IMO) be a fool to do that. Most lending company's would be ok with the new job as long as you can show a steady employment history....that has been my experience. I know when I moved here (my current town) I had a job lined up and a house that I was looking at, called the local bank where the previous owners had it financed and told them the situation and they worked it out nice for me to just assume the loan. But most of the time that wouldnt work out. But in smaller areas they are usually willing to work with you. It would be nice if you could get enough out of your current house to pay off or down a lot of your debt then you wouldnt have such a load when moving....good luck it is a BIG decision!

jenne1017
10-17-2007, 12:22 PM
I lost 7 lbs. in the first 2 weeks (1 in prep and 1 on the pill) and I fouled almost all of it up this weekend celebrating my bday, which is today.

I didn't take the pills though, so as not to waste them and run around NYC with brown jeans.

So, tomorrow is another day. Back on the counting and good food horse. I won't overeat today but I am not passing up on a SMALL dessert with a birthday candle in it either! (though I *am* more of a potato chip kinda gal).

Happy Wednesday!

Shy Moment
10-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Jeene
This journey we are talking to a thinner more healthy body is not about doing without. It is about eating reasonable portion sizes and realizing if we have something today " snack " we should think twice about what we eat tomorrow. Good for you.

StillTryin
10-17-2007, 01:53 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jenne!!!!

Shy Moment
10-17-2007, 05:59 PM
HEY HEY HEY

Thought I would let everyone know. We are going to the Columbus Zoo this coming Sunday, October 21.

Anyone that lives in ohio, or any where else for that matter. Please catch a ride, go by plain, train or auto. Put your walking in for the day lol. Come to the zoo, wouldn't it be a great place to meet each other. Going to be special Halloween things there I guess.

The place is open from 8 am to 8 pm. Should be lots of fun. Cost 10.-- admittance under 2 is free I think. 5 dollars parking per car.

See you there.

got2gethealthy
10-17-2007, 06:09 PM
happy b day jenne hope it is a good one ! would bee nice but it is a long walk from cali shy ! thanks for the pats on the back on this weight loss guys your support means a lot sue

Shy Moment
10-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Happy Happy birthday Jenne

Shy Moment
10-17-2007, 06:54 PM
got2get

If you started to walk now. Well, you would be here for opening day lol.

Tammy
10-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Happy Birthday Jenne! The good thing about this, we can still have foods we like, we just have to have smaller portions.

Hey Shy! I love the Columbus Zoo. We haven't been there in years. I like it better than the Cincinnati Zoo. We'll be in the opposite direction because we are heading to Muncie, IN. Ball State is on fall break, and our son has to work, so he can't come home. We are spending the weekend at a Holiday Inn Express, and we'll be able to see him when he isn't working. I plan to hit the mall!! I think it will do hubby good to get away from the house for a few days.

Shy Moment
10-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Tammy
I will say this again lol. If I came into the chat threads and said. HEY EVERYONE I am haveing the chip n dale dancers at my house this weekend, everyone is welcome. I would have a house full of people. Hope you have a wonderfull time and get to see your son lots.

Looking at the Chip N Dale dancers is like looking at a full length Mink coat. As long as I don't try it on and don't buy it. Hubby has nothing to complain about. Right? lol

Tammy
10-19-2007, 08:23 AM
LOL to the dancers!! Woo hoo!!!

Shy Moment
10-19-2007, 09:44 AM
You know what they say.

StillTryin
10-19-2007, 11:16 AM
WOOHOOO Chip N Dales.....YUMMY!!!!!!

Shy Moment
10-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Oh ya, see. The zoo doesn't do it. Just talk about naked men and they come out of the wood work lol.

StillTryin
10-19-2007, 04:37 PM
you got that right Shy.....

got2gethealthy
10-19-2007, 06:12 PM
you guys crack me up :D i can just imagine disney's chip and dale chipmunks strippin' for the ladies !!! chippindale dancers are total different :carrot: lol

Shy Moment
10-19-2007, 06:50 PM
got2get
Oh great now I will never see those mens wonderful bodies again. Anytime I think of chip n dale dancers. I am going to see chip and dale doing a strip tease lol.

ThinGirl in FatBody
10-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi Guys... glad to see everyone posting and having fun :)

I've been good all week, no cheating, cardio ever day. I guess I was a little disappointed at my last weigh in and having to adjust my signature upwards! :o

So I am working EXTRA hard... only 4.5 weeks until my trip,

I posted some pics of me (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125263)... before at 215 when I started and now - if you want to check them out. :dizzy:

Shy Moment
10-19-2007, 09:14 PM
thingirl
You are looking soooooooooo good. You always had a nice smile and pretty face.

bobbigene
10-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Good morning all!

:cp: :dance: :cheer2:
My ticker finally moved - guess the first week back to work after 2 weeks of vacation stressed me out so I forgot to snack on not so great choice foods. (Never say bad food, no food is bad, just too much of a certain food is bad!) I'm hoping this 3 pounds is the start of a new trend for me.

Hope all is well with everyone. I'll check in later.

StillTryin
10-20-2007, 11:05 AM
THIN, you are amazing you look wonderful!!!! You are a real inspiration to me.
Mostly because we starte the same weight, and are about in the same spot within a few pounds, but you are setting your goal lower than mine, but that is OK....YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Well, we ordered the appraisal of the house we want, we think it will come in right about where we need it. So, it is looking real good that we are going to buy it, as long as the financing goes through....it will be 80% furnished, we will only need to bring our personal things and 2 of our bedroom sets....WOOOOHOOO...we are supposed to CLOSE on or before November 30!!!! SO MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!!!!

got2gethealthy
10-20-2007, 11:44 AM
stilltrying...great news about the house :hug: congratulations. how wonderful to have your dream house at christmas ! bobbigene..great job getting back on track!! a big whooohooo goes out to you !! i had a small but giant victory myself yesterday. after spending a "wonderful" day with my depressed and negative minded husband, i fianally had had it and i blew my stack at him ! now that isnt the usual thing. what was victorious for me is after a blow up at him i eat lots of crunchy food. chips cookies, toast...this time i had a cup of herbal hot tea, a valium and went to bed ! (this happened at 10 pm) I dont like fighting with my hubby, but i changed how i handled it !! of course the valium helped a little too!! lol. ;)

Shy Moment
10-20-2007, 12:47 PM
got2get
Sometimes it just has to be done. I blow up from time to time and then of course feel bad. Have to release the steam I guess. Nice going not to eat all that stuff. I am the yeller, I yell or eat. I would rather yell lol.

Tryin
Am do glad things are going well with the house. Will be so nice to settle in and have Christmas there.

Bobbie
Way to go. Yes it is the start of all the great things to come.

Going to get the upstairs done today. Will have to extra people in the house after 6. Want to have everything done. Will be enough to do right before bed to have everything in nice shape. We leave early in the morning.

bobbigene
10-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Good morning to everyone! Thanks for the encouragement.

Still - great news on the house! I'm sure you'll have a great holiday season in your new digs.

got2 - sometimes ya just gotta set someone straight and the only way to do it is to blow. Hope he got the hint!

got2gethealthy
10-21-2007, 02:01 PM
good morning all. hope everyone is doing good and are happy :hug: i have decided orange is not my favorite color ! i must have messed up this weekend and went over fat and probably calorie counts. not looking forward to tomarrows weigh in. also feeling a little less confident in keeping the weight off this time. (i guess i watch too many of the weight loss stories on discovery health) i have been dieting for 45 years now ( started at 10) a voice in my head is saying " youve always gained it back this will be no different" but on the other hand ( or the other voice) i know i will have to monitor this weight like a diabetic has to monitor blood sugar every day . i watched oprah the other day and she was talking about her newly discovered thyroid condition and her point was to give up childish ways.especially since we are going into or are in our menopause years. so i have been thinking alot this weekend about my life and about going forward and trying to get my bearings on all this. i just needed to talk to you all and venture on with life :) thanks for the "ears" sue

StillTryin
10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Well I am posting the new thread for the week.

Please post there...and congrats on a FABULOUS WEEK!!!!