Old 10-14-2007, 12:58 AM   #1  
Rop tú mo baile

S/C/G: 180/151/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Halloween is coming..

so the 300+ group have a thread discussing costuming, just wondering what everyone in the 20-somethings group was going as.

also- secondary question- what was the most adorable thing you went as when you were a kid?

I am going as a shinigami (death god in Japanese, more specifically, Matsumoto Rangiku from the anime, bleach)

when i was little i went as a cow once. that was the worst, for my self esteem, but probably the cutest thing ever ( i was like 4, and slightly chubby)
hepmelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:25 AM   #2  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I only remember two costumes, really. My jockey costume - patterned after the Black Stallion books, black and white, number 3. Heh. And the year I went as Princess Leia. I had a total Star Wars obsession at the time.

This year, if I dress up, I'm going as Lara Croft. I've got most of the relevant costume items anyway, and as long as I don't sit down or bend at the waist or do anything to make rolls, and keep my stomach sucked in the entire night, I can pull it off and make it look decent.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I think the cutest thing that my mom dressed me up as (at the time i didn't like it so much) was a bunch of grapes. I was in kindergarten and she put me in green tights and a green leotard and then stuck purple balloons all over me so it looked like a bunch of grapes and then she curled my very long brown hair and put it up with a green hair clasp. Looking back it was pretty cute, the funny thing is I wasn't the only one dressed like that that day so I didn't feel left out!

This year I don't know if I am going to dress up. It's hard to tell what I'm going to be doing. Most likely school work with a little party at my apartment.
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/188/160

Height: 5'5"

I WAS going to go as like a Kat Von D look-a-like (lip ring, nose ring, tattoos showing, punk look, etc. etc.) but then I found out that the theme for pride prom this year is FREAKIN' PUNK! So I'm like "GREAT, I'm going to wear my halloween costume to pride prom?! No way."

So now I got to think of something else. Every year, I look at all those cute, sexy costume sites and I have my eye on this certain one...*le sigh* perhaps next year will be better.
santamonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #5  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

I love Halloween.

Okay some of my favorite costumes:
- One year my friend and I went as twins. Only I am short and have crazy auburn curly hair and she is tall and has blond hair. But we dressed alike, wore our hair in braids, and drew fake freckles on our face. It was fun.
- Another year me the same friend and another friend went as the characters from Alice in Wonderland. She was Alice, my other friend was the queen (she had sewn her own dress, fricking amazing and beautiful!) and I went as the Cheshire cat.
- I've also been a witch, a lion.... and I can't remember what else.

This year if I dress up I'll probably be a pirate or something. Mainly cause my roomie and I are going on a Pirates Vs. Ninja's pubcrawl this coming friday. Hee hee hee. It'll be a blast.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #6  

im going to be a dirty martini this year with a friend. big silver costumes shaped like a martini glass plus some olives over the, ahem, boobies. :-)

im excited!

my favorite costume was a mermaid costume and i had this multi colored tinsel wig. it was pretty cool. i think i loved that year because it was also like 75* out at night when we went tricker treating and my dad drove my friend and her dad and me around in his dune buggy (a car with just the framing, so very open.) and we just had a BLAST! this was just up in the neighborhood by my parents so i knew everyone whos house i went to and they all oohed and ahhed appropriately and made me feel great.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

If I go out I’m going to be a devil. Wear a black and red dress (long) from my sister and a red wig. Also outrageous red makeup with fake eyelashes. All I have to buy is the wig.

I don’t remember from when I was a kid but last year my nephew went as a lion in the cutest costume that was big and fuzzy. He could bearly talk so he was saying “treat treat” instead of trick or treat, so cute!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:53 AM   #8  
.::On a Mission::.

S/C/G: 257/*Ticker*/150

Height: 5'2"

We are having a costume party for work and I have not decided ... my co-workers call me boring anyways so ... I guess I'll be going as myself ... ... As a kid ... I would go only as black Barbie ... ... and nothing less!
MadamePJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:10 AM   #9  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I have no idea what to be. My friends want me to go out in costume with them. What to be?? I can't wear any of the cute skinny chick costumes. Haha.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:44 AM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats tongue View Post
Mainly cause my roomie and I are going on a Pirates Vs. Ninja's pubcrawl this coming friday. Hee hee hee. It'll be a blast.
I wish they were having one of those around here. Awesome!

I have no where to go, so I'm not dressing up. I enjoy staying at home and handing out candy.

The cutest when I was little? Well, I would re-use dance and gymnastics costumes. My favorite was Tina Turner (with a bright silver, sparkly wig), or maybe a princess costume that my mom handmade for me from scratch (along with wand and tiara). She still has that costume! My younger brother re-used a gymnastics costume once (when he was 4?) and went as Kermit the Frog. That was cute!

Last edited by modkittn; 10-15-2007 at 11:46 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #11  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I'll be either using my old standby, a beautiful blue medieval-style dress I bought in a Renaissance clothing store in Canada or an Indian Sari I bought a year or so ago. The blue dress is becoming too big...but I think it has one Halloween left in it before I have to say goodbye to it forever (and replace it with a new one in my new size!).
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:07 AM   #12  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i'm going as a sahm lol to add the touch of realizism i'll make sure the baby spits up on me too.

cutest thing i was for halloween as a kid prolly a witch.....i did that for years. i resurrected the witch look in 2000 and was the sexy witch(h.s. prom dress, combat boots and a witchs hat), i was passing candy out at work and dads were wanting to give me phone numbers. my at the time "friend" who is my dh now was my body guard that night lol
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:57 AM   #13  

Height: 5'9"

My boyfriend and I are going as He-man and She-ra. I'm still working on making the costume, though. I bought the wig, gold boots and the sword. I'm hoping to get a Thor helmet and cutting the wings off. I want to attach them to a wonder woman band turned upside down and I'll paint the wings gold. I'm told a wonder woman cape and bracers will work with my costume, too, but I'll have to wait and see. So, that leaves me the dress and I'm clueless about it. I can buy a white tube top and white skirt, but that's easier said than done. It will be hard to find just a pure white of either of those.

Cutest costume for me was when I dressed as a My Little Pony. I won the prettiest competition in my hometown for it.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #14  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Boyfriend and I are going as Cloud and Tifa from Final Fantasy (specifically, the Advent Children versions). His everyday hairstyle is pretty close to Cloud hair, so it makes sense, and it's going to be pretty easy to throw together. We wanted to do something a bit more complex (Dante & Lucia from DMC), but we didn't have time to get started early. Last year we were Leon & Ada from RE4.

Cutest when I was a kid? Probably the year that my sister were Raggedy Ann & Andy. Not too original, but the costumes my Mom made were really cute!
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 AM   #15  

Height: 5'9"

Okay, my bracers aren't done yet. . . but this is what I have so far.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote