100 lb. Club - OT - for a laugh...

View Full Version : OT - for a laugh...

Prissiroo
10-14-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm laughing at myself - I've had a pretty bad chest cold for about 5 days. The meds the doctors gave me haven't stopped the cough. I missed 3 days work, and haven't slept for the last 2 nights because of the cough. So today I googled home remedies and one of them was to put vicks vapor rub on the bottom of your feet and then put socks on. Hey - I'm desperate - I'll try it. So as I'm rubbing Vicks on my feet, I imagine people sitting in a house somewhere laughing at the goobers that actually follow these home remedies. Oh well - I'll let you know if it worked! lol...

shelby897
10-14-2007, 12:16 AM
So, is laughter the best medicine? Because I would also be laughing at myself but would probably do it too -- desperation is a horrible thing!! :D Hope you feel better. :hug:

ZedAus
10-14-2007, 03:18 AM
I have a funny feeling that I have read/heard somewhere that this actually worked for a couple of people, so don't laugh too hard until you see if it was a waste of time or not.

I hope you start feeling better soon. There is nothing worse than a cough that simply won't go away, especially when you are trying to sleep.

Take care,

Zelma

Inca's Momma
10-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Hey don't knock it until you tried it ;) I didn't even read this until today, but last night I put it on the bottom of my feet, my chest and under my nose and I feel 80% better today :carrot: My family have always been big VapoRub fans, and I've even used it on my son since he was a newborn. Hopefully it helped you too.

Robin41
10-14-2007, 11:58 AM
When it came to home meds, my Mom had only one theory, either rub vicks on it or neosporin, depending on the problem. Both usually worked.

If you had a bone sticking out of your arm, I think she seriously considered neosporin before taking you to a doctor.

Hope you feel better.

jtammy
10-14-2007, 01:55 PM
If you had a bone sticking out of your arm, I think she seriously considered neosporin before taking you to a doctor.

LOL, my parents' cure-alls were VapoRub and iodine. For everything from ingrown toenails to headaches, and all spots in between.

Yesterday, we were at my moms working in her yard. DS and I were outside, DD wasn't feeling great (sore throat), so she stayed inside with mom. I came inside for a drink of water, and mom had "painted" her neck with iodine. She wanted to send some home with me for bedtime, but I resisted. :)

Prissiroo
10-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Those are so funny. My Mom was the same way with Vicks - which is what made me think I'd try it. It didn't stop within 5 minutes like it said - but I got some pretty good sleep from 5:00a.m - 11:00 a.m. - so hey, I just made that home remedies page one of my favorites!